Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590213 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432423 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
If you comprehend the following concerning creation then you should be able to grasp the rest of the Bible.......... ACCURATELY.
http://biblestudysite.com/creation.htm
The old testament is the complete will of Jehovah. His Jews were his chosen few ... end of story.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432424 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>One more thing. Unless one accurately comprehends the FIRST SIX CHAPTERS OF THE BOOK OF GENESIS,there is NO WAY they are gonna be able to ACCURATELY fit the rest of the Bible together for it is on the first 6 chapters of Genesis that the rest of the Bible hinges.
Did you know that when Adam had sex with Eve, he committed incest with his own rib?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432425 Apr 13, 2013
Great Fire of Rome

According to Tacitus, the population searched for a scapegoat and rumors held Nero responsible.[83] To deflect blame, Nero targeted Christians. He ordered Christians to be thrown to dogs, while others were crucified and burned.[83]

Tacitus described the event:

“Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians [or Chrestians[93]] by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero#Physical_ap...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432426 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well sonny, I have have given verse and chapter to prove what I stated. It's not my fault that when I give the scriptural proof some are too Biblically Illiterate to comprehend those verses. For example,I could give Biblical proof that Adam was NOT Cains father but that proof would be way beyond most of these people's comprehension because of how their minds have been corrupted by preachers and teachers in their past that are just as biblically illiterate as the ones that they are teaching. Now take that the wrong way. I'm not trying to insult anyone but the truth is the truth. Is it my fault that when I give scriptural proof that they cannot comprehend that proof?
Christianity is very much to blame for this; the notion that salvation is free and may be attained by the idlest, the dullest, the stupidest is understandably very popular with persons who may be so described.

Robertson Davies, man of letters, letter, 18, November 1984, For Your Eye Alone: Letters, 1976-1995 (1999).

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432427 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
If you comprehend the following concerning creation then you should be able to grasp the rest of the Bible.......... ACCURATELY.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/e...

"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true...

... The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible...

... The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible ...

... They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

... Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432428 Apr 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And you have, what, divine revelation?
Uh YEAH!!! Just what do you think the Bible is when one comprehends it ..........ACCURATELY. It's Divine revelation.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432429 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
The Arrogance of Faith, by Forrest G. Wood

To appreciate fully the meanings of scriptural terms and references, one would need to go back beyond the fourth-century Latin Vulgate edition of the Bible prepared by St. Jerome, or the twenty-seven books on the list that Bishop Athanasius of Alexandria compiled in the year 367, which were to become the New Testament, and study not only ancient Greek and Hebrew texts but northwestern Semitic writings, especially Aramaic, and even some of the lesser-known languages of biblical times such as Akkadian and Ugaritic.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432430 Apr 13, 2013
TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech …

Even the believers admit it’s a tricky business, because if you are trying to re-create prot-World, your starting materials are languages which themselves have been reconstructed. There’s no firm ground to stand on, and you are reduced to comparing lists of words you think were part of languages thousands of years old in order to uncover the even more ancient ancestors of those words: and none of the words on the lists you’re starting with are written anywhere, even in the oldest available stone tablets.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432431 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh YEAH!!! Just what do you think the Bible is when one comprehends it ..........ACCURATELY. It's Divine revelation.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432432 Apr 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And you have, what, divine revelation? Well let's get started. Provide BIBLICAL proof Adam was not Cain's father. I'll be here when you try to wash the egg off your face.
Wll first of all you're gonna have to do a LOT OF STUDYING. Most Christians are REALLY, really lazy when it comes to doing deeper studies into Gods word to get to the meat of Gods word so they end up really confused as to what Gods word is trying to show us.

Study the following..........WITH YOUR BIBLE following along AND DON'T BE LAZY.

http://biblestudysite.com/begin.htm

You have to first understand WHEN the beginning was which most so calle Christians totally are clueless to.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432433 Apr 13, 2013
"The bible is divine I said ... BELIEVE it my way, or I'll kill you! It's my way of showing you love!"

socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#432434 Apr 13, 2013
Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432435 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh YEAH!!! Just what do you think the Bible is when one comprehends it ..........ACCURATELY. It's Divine revelation.
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#432436 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"The bible is divine I said ... BELIEVE it my way, or I'll kill you! It's my way of showing you love!"
your way?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#432437 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:

There's no violence in debate of Bible text. Most of the violence in history was from Rome due to their empire.

The law on incest was not instituted until Moses.
www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics
This had to be to populate the earth. And genetics were stronger back then, since splintered. Although the entire thing seems very unpleasant today. At the time im sure with no other women the outlook was different. There simply was no choice and they wanted to populate the planet, not fool around.
Ashley Stearns

New York, NY

#432438 Apr 13, 2013
I'm just curious - are you the Thad Bouchelle that attended Grace Lutheran Church? Do you remember Brother BJ? Honestly, I just watched Hyde Park onHudson, and a some character referred to another character ad Lillibet, and I instantly thought of your sister, on which a google search produced nothing. I suppose, if you - or she - wanted to, you could reach me through Facebook, though I rarely check it.
for openers wrote:
Ever heard of "Divide and Conquer"? Would it make sense that the Devil would be in favor of Protestantism and all non-Catholic (non-Christian) religions, in light of that?
Would the Holy Ghost be the author of confusion? Not a chance.
The Catholic church demands that lives change and that people take on the discipline of doing what's really right. People will fight tooth and nail to prevent that. In light of that, thank God the pope has the courage to tell it like it is.
Thank God for the moral compass, in a world that DEMANDS immorality, of the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church. It may be filled with sinners, but it is, without question, the one true Church.
Whether you like it or not,
Thad Bouchelle

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432439 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."
That's what most of the Biblically Illiterate read and can no further but there is soooooo much that they cannot see. Why is Cain not listed in Adams geneology in neither the OT nor the NT? Now watch some Bible idiot say that it's because Cain slew Abel.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#432440 Apr 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
"What were the key events in the life of Jesus Christ?"
Answer: The following are the key events in the life of Christ and the Bible books where each is described:(Part 3)
Last Supper:(Matthew 26:1-29; Mark 14:12-25; Luke 22:7-20; John 13:1-38)– This poignant last meeting with His disciples, whom He loved, begins with an object lesson from Jesus. The disciples had been arguing about who among them was the greatest (Luke 22:24), displaying their distinctly ungodly perspective. Jesus quietly rose and began to wash their feet, a task normally performed by the lowest, most menial slave. By this simple act, He reminded them that His followers are those who serve one another, not those who expect to be served. He went on to explain that unless the Lamb of God cleanses a person’s sin, that person will never be clean:“Unless I wash you, you have no part with me”(John 13:8). During the Last Supper, Jesus also identifies the traitor, Judas, who would betray Him to the authorities and bring about His arrest. It is indicative of the disciples’ weak faith that each of them considered the possibility that he himself might be the traitor. But Jesus confirmed that it was none other than Judas, whom He instructed to leave and do quickly what he had to do. After Judas’ departure, Jesus instituted the New Covenant in His blood, a new command that those who follow Him are to love one another and live by the power of the Holy Spirit. We remember this act each time we enter into the Christian ordinance of communion, celebrating Christ’s body which was broken for us and His blood, which was shed for us.
Arrest at Gethsemane:(Matthew 26:36-56; Mark 14:32-50; Luke 22:39-54; John 18:1-12)– After the Last Supper, Jesus led the disciples to the garden of Gethsemane , where several things took place. Jesus separated Himself from them in order to pray, asking them to watch and pray as well. But several times He returned to find them sleeping, overcome with fatigue and grief at the prospect of losing Him. As Jesus prayed, He asked the Father to remove the cup of wrath He was about to drink when God poured out on Him the punishment for the sins of the world. But, as in all things, Jesus submitted to the will of His Father and began to prepare for His death, strengthened by an angel sent to minister to Him in His last hours. Judas arrived with a multitude and identified Jesus with a kiss, and Jesus was arrested and taken to Caiaphas for the first of a series of mock trials.
Crucifixion and burial:(Matthew 27:27-66; Mark 15:16-47; Luke 23:26-56; John 19:17-42)– The death of Jesus on the cross was the culmination of His ministry on earth. It is the reason He was born as a man—to die for the sins of the world so that those who believe in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16). After being found innocent of all charges against Him, Jesus was nevertheless handed over to the Romans to be crucified. The events of that day are recorded as including His seven last sayings, the mocking and taunting by the soldiers and the crowd, the casting of lots among the soldiers for His clothing, and three hours of darkness. At the moment Jesus gave up His spirit, there was an earthquake and a resurrection of some of the believers who had died. At that moment, the huge, heavy curtain separating the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple was torn from top to bottom, signifying that access to God was now open to all who believe in Jesus. The body of Jesus was taken down from the cross, laid in a borrowed tomb, and left until after the Sabbath. When women came to prepare the body for burial, they found the tomb empty. Jesus had risen from the dead in His glorified state and would appear to many to prove that death had no hold over Him.
CNT
Great List, LTM. Helps my learning. Thanx.
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#432441 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's what most of the Biblically Illiterate read and can no further but there is soooooo much that they cannot see. Why is Cain not listed in Adams geneology in neither the OT nor the NT? Now watch some Bible idiot say that it's because Cain slew Abel.
Why would it?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432442 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wll first of all you're gonna have to do a LOT OF STUDYING. Most Christians are REALLY, really lazy when it comes to doing deeper studies into Gods word to get to the meat of Gods word so they end up really confused as to what Gods word is trying to show us.
Study the following..........WITH YOUR BIBLE following along AND DON'T BE LAZY.
http://biblestudysite.com/begin.htm
You have to first understand WHEN the beginning was which most so calle Christians totally are clueless to.
And if you read the link I posted above qand are able to comprehend then I shall take you a little further. If not, then we shall end it here for it will be no use taking you to the lesson showing you that Adam IS NOT CAINS FATHER for that info will,well never mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 838,739
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Jac 99,976
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min DXL 4,399
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min curtjester1 40,496
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min waaasssuuup 443,187
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Porkpie Hat 271,343
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min lil whispers 612,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr swedenforever 176,949
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 16 hr Finley 31
More from around the web