Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#432597 Apr 14, 2013
OH ... the games people play now ... every night and every day now ... and la de da, de da.

:)

Neither did Hitler like to be beat at any games.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

Has there ever been a pool-playing pope?

Pope Pius IX (1846—1878)—who actually began his career in the Papal Guard—was a nut about billiards. Having installed two billiard tables (one in the Vatican and the other at Castel Gandolfo,) he spent much of his leisure time knocking the balls around the table with a cue stick. Mostly, he played billiards with cardinals or members of the Papal Guard, whom he beat with skilled regularity.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432598 Apr 14, 2013
The holier they claimed to be, the more their garments dripped with blood.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

Has a pope ever been assassinated?

Pope John was assassinated in his sleep when an unknown assailant beat him to death with a hammer nine days before Christmas in December 882. As was the necessity for anyone who ruled a city or state in central Italy, Pope John—a soldier by profession—built up his own navy, and in April 876 personally led his naval squadron against Saracen ships, freeing more than 600 captives.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432599 Apr 14, 2013
"God" must have fallen short of giving the pope messages. The pope seems to need body guards and an intelligence service to protect him from harm.

OH well ... the Jewish god does seem to work his magic in mysterious ways. Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Does the Vatican have an Intelligence service?

Like any other government, the Vatican employs several people on a full-time basis as part of its intelligence.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432600 Apr 14, 2013
The ex-Catholic Jews taught their followers to believe that the Jews were "Christ-killers."

Had the Catholics taught that the Catholics were the traitors against Judaism, people would have caught on that a Jewish god would never EVER send his son to save or rescue traitors of Judaism.

But the followers of Catholocism didn't catch on. That promise of salvation got in their way of common sense. And today countless Catholics still believe that a Jew will be waiting for them in the hereafter to lavish them with eternal bliss.

There is no cure for such willing stupidity.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432601 Apr 14, 2013
Catholicism
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432602 Apr 14, 2013
If you want the pope to be happy ... you have to play nice and show respect for the son of the Jewish god.

For instance ... unless the person wanted a fast exit ... not one of the scientists in the vatican would DARE to indicate that the god worshipped by the pope does not exist.

I'm very sure that we all know that one to be true.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432603 Apr 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Successor" is not the same thing as receiving authority or appointment. Your husband says God appointed him, why do you have such a hard time accepting that God may appoint and approve of the pope?
You should get your info from Catholic sources when it pertains to Catholic teaching. Here's some help:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15403b.htm
~~~

I am not impressed with/by your effort to con me with your lies

IF YOU CAN'T GIVE SCRIPTURES FROM THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT TO VALIDATE AN APPOINTMENT OF A POPE.(A UNIVERSAL BISHOP)..I WILL NOT BELIEVE THAT SUCH A ONE/POSITION IS LEGITIMATE.

It is obvious (TO ME) THAT you don't have a scripture to stand on...

So you are wasting your time...

#432605 Apr 14, 2013
Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Mal 3:18 Then shall ye/JESUS return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

~~~

I Contend the the NEW TESTAMENT IS a book of remembrance THAT was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

THE THE NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT ...

IS WRITTEN ...TO BRING FORTH TO MAN

THE REMEMBRANCE ....of those things that ...

JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD...BOTH SAID AND DID.

~~~

JESUS IS SALVATION...

NO OTHER PERSON PLACE OR THING.... QUALIFIES...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#432606 Apr 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am not impressed with/by your effort to con me with your lies
IF YOU CAN'T GIVE SCRIPTURES FROM THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT TO VALIDATE AN APPOINTMENT OF A POPE.(A UNIVERSAL BISHOP)..I WILL NOT BELIEVE THAT SUCH A ONE/POSITION IS LEGITIMATE.
It is obvious (TO ME) THAT you don't have a scripture to stand on...
So you are wasting your time...
Todays Gospel at Mass. "Peter, feed my sheep"

You'd be horrified if your ignorant mind could see that 30 + Popes lived and died before one presided at the council in Rome, when the Christian Bible was compiled.
So, why would you demand to see something more spelled out in scripture?
"You are Peter, and upon this Rock I'll build my Church" "Peter, feed my sheep"

What more does the Frint demand that our sacred scripture reveal??
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#432607 Apr 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not believe the Biblical account of Noah and Jonah how do you decide what to believe in the Bible? By your own knowledge and wisdom? By instruction of your pope perhaps? Have you ever read this verse..........Jeremiah 32:27, "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?"
You speak like the serpent in Genesis 3:1-3. Wait, you probably don't believe this Biblical account either.
Genesis 3:1-3, 1 " Now the serpent said to the woman,“Did God really say,‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” 2 The woman said to the serpent,“We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say,‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
Did God part the Red Sea? Did Jesus heal the sick and raise the dead? Do you believe Jesus was RAISED from the dead? How do you decide what to believe? When you do not believe the Bible you call God a liar. The Bible is God's word to us.
How do you know the Bible is Gods word?

Could you provide Book, Chapter and verse where God tells us if 39, 66, or 73 Books are His word?
Could you provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ tells us we should follow 39, 66 or 73 Books as the sole authority on His teachings.

The cold truth sir, is Our Lord nor His Apostle ever commanded a Christian set of Books be created. Given what happened to Christians and their scriptures during the persecution, its a miracle we have ANY writings. It is by the grace of the Holy Spirit that Pauls letters and Matthews memoirs survived through this and we have the written word to go along with the oral and sacred tradition passed down by the Apostles. The Mass and Eucharist. If your brain could comprehend anything outside of what you conjure up from scriptures, you'd tremble in fear knowing you make fun of something that came directly from Jesus Christ.

#432608 Apr 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be horrified if your ignorant mind could see that 30 + Popes lived and died before one presided at the council in Rome, when the Christian Bible was compiled.
~~`~

HAVE NEWS FOR YOU ...

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!

June VanDerMark

Canada

#432609 Apr 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly people ... indicating that a faithful Jew would become a Catholic pope and take on a title of "Catholic saint" ... of all things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Catholic Church

Lesson 11 from the Baltimore Cathechism

148. Did Christ intend that the special power of chief teacher and ruler of the entire Church should be exercised by Saint Peter alone?

Christ did not intend that the special power of chief teacher and ruler of the entire Church should be exercised by Saint Peter alone, but intended that this power should be passed down to his successor, the Pope, the Bishop of Rome, who is the Vicar of Christ on earth and the visible head of the Church.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432610 Apr 14, 2013
At the start of the Catholic religion, each realm had bishops that ruled. The word bishop MEANS pope. For goodness sakes, it was not until the 12th century that the pope of Rome became the head bishop of the Catholic church.

If you don't see the lies, it's because you don't WANT to see them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……

The pope, moreover, now claims supremacy on the ground of the assumed fact that Peter was appointed the prince of apostles and the head and ruler of the church. We can trace this claim also back to a time in which those who are now absurdly called the early Popes of Rome were utterly ignorant of this doctrine and made no such claim; and we can show how after four or five centuries the idea was introduced and how it was made to triumph by falsehood and lies.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432611 Apr 14, 2013
Pope Leo tries his tactics for supremacy, yet the squabbling continued on and on.

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck …comes the following……..
…………
Pope Innocent 1 (402-17) also asserted that no religious question should be decided without Rome’s cognizance. However, not until Pope Leo 1 (440-61) was papal primacy asserted in the full sense. Leo was convinced that the Lord had committed to him, the successor of St. Peter, the care of the whole church. He insisted people should honor Peter through him, and declared resistance to his authority was a sure way to hell. He exegeted “Petra” in Mathew 16:18ff. as referring to Peter and his confession, and Christ as the “rock” on which the church is built, but he held that by transfer of authority the Lord made Peter the rock in virtue of his confession, and on him built the indestructible church. The keys, he declared, were committed to Peter specifically and to the other disciples generally, and that Rome therefore has a primacy reaching back to Christ. Divine providence brought forth both Peter and Paul to Rome. Anyone who does not acknowledge the Roman Bishop as head of the church is not of the body of the church.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432612 Apr 14, 2013
According to the Catholics, all those Jews including Jesus abandoned Judaism to support the idea that Catholics were the ONLY ones worthy of salvation.

Stupid people insist on staying stupid!!!
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432613 Apr 14, 2013
One bishop (pope) back then would not overstep another. They all ruled their own realms.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

Let us pass over Popes Evaristus, Alexander I., Sixtus I, Telesphorus, and Hyginus, of whom very little is known, and come to Pius I., A. D. 142-157. Under him occurred another event which completely annihilates all the pretensions of the Papal corporation. Marcion, of Sinope, had been excommunicated from the church of his father, a bishop of Catholic communion, for certain grave offences. He fled to Rome and prayed to be admitted to their communion. The church of Rome told him, as Epiphanius testifies,“We cannot admit you without leave from your holy father; NOR CAN WE, AS WE ARE ALL UNITED IN THE SAME FAITH AND THE SAME SENTIMENTS, UNDO WHAT YOUR HOLY FATHER, HAS DONE.”
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432614 Apr 14, 2013
The term Peter and the "rock" etc., stemmed from Paganism. Later the Catholics took the term and created a Jewish character that they claimed became the first pope.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Perron

The perron or “Big Peter” was a medieval version of the phallic pillars called petra, Pater, or Peter throughout the ancient Roman empire. Tacitus called them “pillars of Hercules,” but the pinecone ornamentation on the top indicates a closer connection with the cults of Dionysus or Bacchus Liber, who was also called Liber Pater, and whose phallic scepter or thyrsus was tipped with a pinecone.
Such stone pillars represented the phallic spirit of a god for many thousands of years. The pagan concept to the petra combined “father” and “rock,” in the same manner as the biblical description of a paternal God as “the Rock that begat thee”(Deuteronomy 32:18). The name of Peter or “Rock” was allegedly bestowed by Jesus on a disciple named Simon, in order that the latter might father a church in Rome, where—strangely enough—the patriarchal petra had been worshiped on Vatican Hill as a father-rock since Etruscan times. This particular biblical myth was purely fictional, however, having been invented about the third century A.D. and inserted into the Gospel of Mathew to uphold Rome’s claim to primacy over the Byzantine see.(1)
In any event, thyrsus-shaped phallic pillars were erected in almost every Romanized town thoughout Europe, and many survived into medieval times. They also appeared on coins. Christian authorities had no particular objection to phallic symbols as long as they were not too explicit. Since the perrons were usually found in or near a church built over an ancient shrine or pilgrimage center, most of them were left in place and sketchily Christianized by the addition of a small cross on top.

1. Reinach, 240.
2. d’Alviella, 103-117
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432615 Apr 14, 2013
Now I suggest you read the bottom paragraph.

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

Let us pass over Popes Evaristus, Alexander I., Sixtus I, Telesphorus, and Hyginus, of whom very little is known, and come to Pius I., A. D. 142-157. Under him occurred another event which completely annihilates all the pretensions of the Papal corporation. Marcion, of Sinope, had been excommunicated from the church of his father, a bishop of Catholic communion, for certain grave offences. He fled to Rome and prayed to be admitted to their communion. The church of Rome told him, as Epiphanius testifies,“We cannot admit you without leave from your holy father; NOR CAN WE, AS WE ARE ALL UNITED IN THE SAME FAITH AND THE SAME SENTIMENTS, UNDO WHAT YOUR HOLY FATHER, HAS DONE.”

Can anything be more decisive than this fact? Is not this an absolute and direct disavowel of the supremacy claimed by the Papists of the church of Rome? Is it not an avowel of the doctrine that all churches are and independent, and that no one has a right to overrule or reverse the decision of another? This was in the middle of the second century, and proves that up to that time the primitive equality of the churches was fully acknowledged and avowed even at Rome. The incursions of clerical ambitions had not yet begun.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432616 Apr 14, 2013
Even had Jesus lived, he would have been dead long before the Catholics started a Christian religion. So Jesus would not have been able to change the name of Simon Barjona to Peter who supposedly became the first pope. That also was a lie.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Of all the disciples called by the Lord Jesus in the gospels, probably the one we can most readily identify with is Peter. Simon Barjona as he was known before the Lord changed his name to Peter.

http://www.biblestudyradio.org/...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432617 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
At the start of the Catholic religion, each realm had bishops that ruled. The word bishop MEANS pope. For goodness sakes, it was not until the 12th century that the pope of Rome became the head bishop of the Catholic church.
If you don't see the lies, it's because you don't WANT to see them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……
The pope, moreover, now claims supremacy on the ground of the assumed fact that Peter was appointed the prince of apostles and the head and ruler of the church. We can trace this claim also back to a time in which those who are now absurdly called the early Popes of Rome were utterly ignorant of this doctrine and made no such claim; and we can show how after four or five centuries the idea was introduced and how it was made to triumph by falsehood and lies.
"The Papal Conspiracy exposed and Protestantism Defended" by Ed Beecher in 1855???

That's all you got? a book written by some dude who declared himself a pastor, and undid what the Apostles taught??

The thought of the slander and deception that guy must use in his book gives me the chills. There is no argument against Catholicism unless you use deception. I guarantee it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Here For Now 619,684
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min Aura Mytha 15,295
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Buck Crick 983,028
Sex 2 hr Supersquirrel69 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Unanimous 7
Venting Against FAKE Americans 5 hr Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 7 hr Jakedover34 1
More from around the web