Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,124
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#432287 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not support that and neither does science. You cannot prove the earth is billions of years old. This wasnt even believed until the last century.
Exodus says God created all in six (6) days. Genesis is translated correct.
If everything was created in 6 days then that would mean that the tiny space where Earth is was the starting point. It means that God stood in this spot and did the business. U also have to assume that everything was made at their already mature state rather than going through the process of maturity intended for life. Then there is the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day so realistically we know that God's processes do not work as such because they are revealed to us. And also U must take into account that there are artifacts that are dated far back beyond the time frame that would be satisfactory for an explanation of a six day creation with a 6000 year old Earth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432288 Apr 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is about time we take a good look at JESUS as we pray through Him to the Father.He is the Son of God,yet also the Son of Man,but He was not subject to the traditions of Human beings,that is why He taught us how to pray.
Your post here is perfect truth,JESUS does not fit any category of human persuasion.He calls us to worship the Father in and through Him who knows His Father b e s t.No one knows the Father like He does,and that is why JESUS came to first be born,and grow up.He daily taught the Disciples,and He l e a d them.
The Apostles were sinful men who were slowly introduced to the Father by JESUS,and even when He daily walked with them and taught them,they reacted for the most part like sinful men.
When Jesus breathed on them the Spirit after His resurrection,than they began to respond with real faith.The Holy Spirit alone was poured out on them @ Pentecost,thus they were endued with Power.
It takes the Spirit of God to change us.
Spiritual life can only come from the Holy Spirit.WE need to be born-again,because we are born in the flesh,and although we may have unique personalities and are even religious,we do not know the MIND of God.The born-again experience we all need,opens the door to that realm in the Spirit,whereby we are SEEING Him rather than our limited lives in the flesh.
Good morning PAD. I often hear many use the phrase ...BORN AGAIN" yet I don't think most that use that phrase actually know what Christ was talking about when He stated that we must be "BORN AGAIN". It's not what most think being born again really means. Well,I won't go into it at this time.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432289 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Listen CAREFULLY. Did I not say that the original worsds from Gods mouth to the mind of mankind IS INFALLIBLE. but when man takes those words and try to translate them into another language it is very possible that mankind may make mistakes in the translation. The translators of the original King James Version was aware of this fact hence they placed those two letters into the 1611 KJV when they had finished translating it warning us to be careful when reading it because it is possible that due to them being humans and thus capable of making mistakes they may indeed have made a few in the translation/transliteration.
A wise man should be able to realize how honest those 1611 KJV translators were.
If you are a somewhat good Bible student and a mistake is there,by the power and revelation of the Holy Spirit you should be able to recognize when the translators were off track in their translating.
The mistakes that the King James translators may have made WERE NOT able to invalidate the word of God aka the King James Bible. When I'm witnessing or teaching or sharing the word of God I take my KJV and tell any soul.......THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS or I tell them .....IT IS WRITTEN and I take the word of God, the KJV and show them where it is written.

Just because the translators of the 1611 KJV stated that they may have made a few mistakes in translating the word of God into English,my faith is not so shaky that it cannot withstand that info. It is still the INFALLIBLE word of God. PEACE
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#432290 Apr 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Clay, we believe the Bible is the word of God, the OT and NT.
I have 73 books in my Bible, how come you only have 66? I believe there all the word of God.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#432291 Apr 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should read the writings of your Roman Catholic cult......
The defenders of the Roman Catholic cult argue that the Magisterium is the rightful interpreter and authoritative teacher of Scripture, because the church gave Christianity the Bible. If it were not for the church, they argue, no one could know with certainty even which books belong in the Bible.
This argument is based on faulty assumptions. The early Christians did not receive the Bible from the Roman Catholic cult. They received the Bible from the Holy Spirit who inspired it. Roman Catholics who argue to the contrary are not representing the official teaching of the Roman Catholic cult. Speaking of the books of both Testaments, the First Vatican Council stated:
These books the church holds to be sacred and canonical not because she subsequently approved them by her authority after they had been composed by unaided human skill, nor simply because they contain revelation without error, but because, being written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, they have God as their author, and were as such committed to the church.ĖFirst Vatican Council
Well Clay.....do you believe your fellow cultists?
Absolutely I agree with them.

Your dilemma is you'll need to admit that the Holy Spirit guided the evil 'Roman' Catholic Church on the compilation of the Bible. Then subsequently left her for over 1200 yrs until the Evangelicals figured out the real teachings of Jesus Christ after they got their hands on the Bible.
But that's not the crazy part. The crazy part is some, like you, turn around and call us morons!! lol
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#432292 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR...
Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
____
GOD HAS ALWAYS PROVIDED CHRONICLES...
THERE IS THE PENTATEUCH ...THE FIVE BOOKS OF MOSES
ALSO FIRST AND SECOND CHRONICLES...THE WHOLE OLD AND NEW (COVENANT)TESTAMENT...
1. A historical account of facts or events disposed in the order of time. It is nearly synonymous with annals. In general, this species of writing is more strictly confined to chronological order, and is less diffuse than the form of writing called history.
Hagiography
HAGIOG'RAPHY, n.[Gr. holy, and a writing.]
Sacred writings. The Jews divide the books of the Scriptures into three parts; the Law, which is contained in the five first books of the Old Testament; the Prophets, or Nevim; and the Cetuvim, or writings, by way of eminence. The latter class is called by the Greeks Hagiographa, comprehending the books of Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah, Ruth, Esther, Chronicles, Lamentations, and Ecclesiastes.
Are you kidding me?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432293 Apr 13, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do the Catholic church worship false gods?
simple,catholic religion is based on both Christianity and paganism,and by changing the commandments it made it ok for people of the catholic faith to pray to these other saints,that way the church can sell statues/idols in order to make money,i'm sure you have seen idols of Mary in peoples yards? st. Joesph is another popular one along with Jesus.this all done in deviance of gods will,no.2 You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God,visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.....this is gods second commandment it clearly tells you not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above.....the catholic changed this.the catholic ten commandments..."I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
You shall not covet your neighbor's goods."...as you can see they are different from what you find in scripture,it was all done for the sake of profiteering,and they also changed the Sabbath from Saturday to sun day because sun-day is the pagan day they worship the sun. the odds of Jesus being born on the 25th of DEC. that just happens to coincide with the pagan holiday are astronomical,you have a better chance of hitting the lottery.the church has broken the commandments a few times,they have killed, committed adultery,they have stolen,they do not keep the true Sabbath holy,they worship Mary equally to Jesus if not more,god clearly states no one else is to be worshiped,only him.the catholic church agenda is simple,make money and grab as much power as possible,they do not care about people like they try to pretend to,if they did they would of not killed so many people and not covered up the child molesting that's been going on for centuries...remove the roman empire from the equation,and you would not have the catholic church.everything of value with in the walls of Vatican city is stolen property,taken from cities an countries conquered by the roman army,including a church (Antioch). the true church is where ever jesus is,because he is the head of the church and the only mediator between man an god,the pope has no power or authority,confessing to a priest is not going to get you forgiven for your sins,praying god/Jesus will. read up on the pagan religion and their symbols and holiday dates then compare them to the catholic church beliefs and you'll find an incredible coincidence there identical,billions to one odds of that happening but we are suppose to believe it did,and look at how the pope an others high upp in the church dress,you'll see pagan signs all over them,right up to the fish hat the pope wears.

usa

#432294 Apr 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in your own personal (distorted opinion), but it does in the hearts, minds and souls of over 1 billion Catholics around the world......... Being that you are an "isolated island" unto yourself, explains why your "editorialized opinion" is just as "bogus" the rest of your other bible only 42,000 inconsistent Protestant "one person detached and separated islands"!!
then prove me wrong,knowing that the papal chair was bought for pope Benedict ix by his father,prove absolute undeniable proof you have true apostolic succession.

usa

#432295 Apr 13, 2013
All Scripture is inspired of God and is useful for teaching for reproof, correction, and training in holiness so that the man of God may be fully competent and equipped for every good work " (II Tim. 3: 16 17). "In reply he said to them:'Why do you for your part act contrary to the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition!'...This means that for the sake of your tradition you have nullified God's Word" (Mt. 15:3, 6).

The Catholic Church teaches that Tradition is a safer and clearer guide in religious matters than the Scriptures. It teaches that "Tradition is the way Christ's Church understands and lives his teachings" (Christ Among Us, p. 167). Therefore since the "Bible cannot be understood alone" it is necessary to refer to the Traditions of the Church in order to properly understand God's will. IF this is true, WHY did the Bereans in Acts 17 11 after hearing two "official spokesman" for the church STUDY THE SCRIPTURES to see if what Paul and Silas had taught were true? Remember we will be judged by God's Word and not the traditions of men (Jn. 12:48).

usa

#432296 Apr 13, 2013
HOJO:I asked you a question about a hundred posts back an you have not answered it yet,you always talk about bible only protestants,so i tried to put you to the test on showing an apostolic oral teaching,which is not in the bible,you failed,yet you still criticize others for the same thing,again i'll pose the question to you"Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?...now lets see how smart you are.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#432297 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then if the Earth was not originally a TROPICAL PARADISE as I stated earlier before it """"" "BECAME VOID AND WITHOUT FORM"""" " then why is it that they have found buttercups in the mouths of wooly mammoths etc, in the frozen tundra as if in mid chew suggesting that the destruction of earth was a sudden catastrophic act. Buttercups don't grow in the frozen tundra. You people need to stop listening to these jack legged, lying so called preachers that are telling you guys that God created the earth void and without form. Whoever thinks thaT IS A liar and the truth ain't in them. God didn't creat the earth void and without form. IT BECAME THAT WAY because of somethign Satan did. And what he di was to try and challenge Gods throne and he was able to con 1/4 ( 4 billion ) of Gods children in to joining him so one of the repercussion of that war was war in heaven and on earth and God shook this earth and destroyed. That's how the earth became VOID AND WITHOUT FORM. It was not originally created that way.
~~~
While I believe that the earth as we know it is a recreation.

There is some evidence in Genesis that it is.

What you have posted above is only a theory and supposition.

When you challenge others with supposition assumptions, and theory's

What makes you any different than the Roman Catholics?

If you cannot give Book Chapter, and verse to prove, what your post,

the least you can do is admit that you have no evidence in the Bible to

substantiate what you have written...

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GO INTO A TIRADE OF NAME CALLING.

I do not believe in evolution nor the big bang theory...

I believe the Bible as it is written, and I agree (in theory) with most

of what you have posted...but it is only theory...
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#432298 Apr 13, 2013
Why doesn't Jesus appear to everyone and prove that he is resurrected, just like he appeared to Paul?

If Paul needed a personal visit from Jesus to know that Jesus was resurrected, then why wouldn't you?

It is an important question for the following reasons:

1 -- We are told by the Bible that Jesus appeared to hundreds of people.

2 -- We therefore know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example.

3 -- We know that it would be easy for Jesus to appear to everyone all through history, since Jesus is all-powerful and timeless.

4 -- We know that, if Jesus did reappear to everyone, it would be incredibly helpful. We could all know, personally, that Jesus is resurrected and that Jesus is God.

If Paul (and all the other people in the Bible) needed a personal visit to know that Jesus was resurrected, then why not you and me?

Hint -- a Delusion.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#432299 Apr 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
HOJO:I asked you a question about a hundred posts back an you have not answered it yet,you always talk about bible only protestants,so i tried to put you to the test on showing an apostolic oral teaching,which is not in the bible,you failed,yet you still criticize others for the same thing,again i'll pose the question to you"Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?...now lets see how smart you are.
They cannot answer directly because it is a convoluted 1500 year old delusion.

Consider the priorities -- a church that claims infallible teachings condoned the burning of heretics and witches, but no one knows what these infallible teachings are?

In any other field except religion (delusion), this would be considered laughable.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#432300 Apr 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Cardinal Law, is that you?
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/bankrupt...
Nope.

Stanley says that he thinks that you have serious problems and maybe, just maybe make it 'onboard' one of the designated BLACK Buses.

Keep it up and you will surely find out. YES!!!

Go Figure.

Location hidden

#432301 Apr 13, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrmph.
Rookie mistake.
He's not Francis the first until there is a Francis the Second.
Until the, he is simply Pope Francis.
Rob
Wrong.

ListenUp 'bobberDie'...

He is the 'First' Pope Francis...

....and hence is is Pope Francis I.

Go Figure.

Location hidden

#432302 Apr 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I clicked on the link. YIKES!
-
<quoted text>
-
-
And Jesus' word at Matthew 23:9; "Call No Man Father." is worth NOTHING to the Catholic.
zip
zilch
zero
nada
But,
"Call Priests and Pope Father." well that gets traction because the POPE OBVIOUSLY HAS MORE CLOUT, HERE ON EARTH, THAN DOES GOD. Who knew?
-
do they not realize they are calling Jesus a LIAR when they say it's OK to call priests "Father"? in essence committing the unforgivable sin. Calling Jesus a LIAR makes null his promise of the Helper coming.
http://bible.cc/john/16-7.htm
Ollie says that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.

Your, insinuating that Jesus is being called a LIAR is well off the mark.

If you did any research, you will find that back in the olden times a religious man of any tribe, village, town, city was referred to as 'Father'. It was only the norm for early Christians to refer to their leader in their Faith as Father.

That tradition continued. ALL Christians (especially Roman Catholics) know, full well, that the Father is GOD...one in being with the Trinity meaning the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Go Figure.

Location hidden

#432303 Apr 13, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
They cannot answer directly because it is a convoluted 1500 year old delusion.
Consider the priorities -- a church that claims infallible teachings condoned the burning of heretics and witches, but no one knows what these infallible teachings are?
In any other field except religion (delusion), this would be considered laughable.
Stanley says 'listenUP', you clueless schidt-for-brains.

With Jesus Christ and TRUE Christians, those who condoned the burning of heretics and witches were NOT Christians whether they were Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests or otherwise.
They were heretics and hypocrites and will have gotten their 'just reward' when they suckedIN their last breaths.

As you will toooooooooooo.

Now...go ahead and fully explain 'other fields except religion being considered laughable'. Take your time as Ollie says that you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

As for myself, I believe that when it comes to you, there is more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Go Figure.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#432305 Apr 13, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Why doesn't Jesus appear to everyone and prove that he is resurrected, just like he appeared to Paul?
If Paul needed a personal visit from Jesus to know that Jesus was resurrected, then why wouldn't you?
2 -- We therefore know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example.
3 -- We know that it would be easy for Jesus to appear to everyone all through history, since Jesus is all-powerful and timeless.
4 -- We know that, if Jesus did reappear to everyone, it would be incredibly helpful. We could all know, personally, that Jesus is resurrected and that Jesus is God.
If Paul (and all the other people in the Bible) needed a personal visit to know that Jesus was resurrected, then why not you and me?
Hint -- a Delusion.
~~~

When a person is really and truly BORN AGAIN he has no problem in knowing that Jesus is alive.

There are untold testimonials given by those that have received Jesus Christ as their personal savior..and the witness of a change is obvious to those that have know them before their conversion.

There is a Spiritual INTERNAL change (in the heart...AS WELL AS A

PHYSICAL.external..Change, when one receives SALVATION.

A desire to worship God is inherent in every man...

The Apostle Paul describes it

He wrote...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it?

The word is nigh thee,

even in thy mouth, and

in thy heart: that is,

the word of faith, which we preach;

A man with out Christ is as a jigsaw puzzle with a piece missing

There is only one piece that will fit that empty space.. and bring out (the beauty)... the complete picture/person.

HIS NAME IS JESUS

HE IS the one that will enhance our personal GOD GIVEN GIFTS and HELP

us fulfill/walk out....the purpose for which God has created us.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#432306 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When a person is really and truly BORN AGAIN he has no problem in knowing that Jesus is alive.
There are untold testimonials given by those that have received Jesus Christ as their personal savior..and the witness of a change is obvious to those that have know them before their conversion.
There is a Spiritual INTERNAL change (in the heart...AS WELL AS A
PHYSICAL.external..Change, when one receives SALVATION.
A desire to worship God is inherent in every man...
The Apostle Paul describes it
He wrote...
Rom 10:8 But what saith it?
The word is nigh thee,
even in thy mouth, and
in thy heart: that is,
the word of faith, which we preach;
A man with out Christ is as a jigsaw puzzle with a piece missing
There is only one piece that will fit that empty space.. and bring out (the beauty)... the complete picture/person.
HIS NAME IS JESUS
HE IS the one that will enhance our personal GOD GIVEN GIFTS and HELP
us fulfill/walk out....the purpose for which God has created us.
If there were any physical change, then that could be documented and you would have proof of a religious dogma for the first time in history.

Back to my post...

If Paul needed a personal visit from Jesus -- not just a "feeling" --- to know that Jesus was resurrected, then why wouldn't you?

It's a delusion. There is no proof and no documented evidence that anyone can point to -- except Jesus' image on a toasted cheese sandwich.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#432307 Apr 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says 'listenUP', you clueless schidt-for-brains.
With Jesus Christ and TRUE Christians, those who condoned the burning of heretics and witches were NOT Christians whether they were Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests or otherwise.
They were heretics and hypocrites and will have gotten their 'just reward' when they suckedIN their last breaths.
As you will toooooooooooo.
Now...go ahead and fully explain 'other fields except religion being considered laughable'. Take your time as Ollie says that you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.
As for myself, I believe that when it comes to you, there is more brains in a bottle of wadda.
Go Figure.
Thank you. More proof religion is a delusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will an America without Obama be better...or wo... 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
Memphis 'REAL Vice Cops'!!! 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Lumajuice 777,321
You are of your father.....THE DEVIL 26 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min atheist girl 605,257
Can REAL PEACE be REALIZED without Jesus Christ?? 38 min The Terminator 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min feces for jesus 96,832
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 175,773
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr YellowPissreality 265,362
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Lumajuice 441,807