Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692116 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#432389 Apr 13, 2013
June, I'm not a Catholic (upper case "c"). However, I do believe Jesus was/is the Messiah, Savior to come, that came, and was crucified, buried and raised from the grave on the 3rd day, as the Scriptures say. I believe Jesus to be the Son of God, second person of the Trinity. You can call it myth all you want, but the facts remain, a empty tomb that no one could present His body lifeless, because He has risen victoriously, defeating sin and death, He holds the keys to Eternal life, and if you would be so convinced , you would know it true in your own life, but since you don't, I know that no matter what argument I present, your mind is made up, isn't that true?

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#432390 Apr 13, 2013
truth wrote:
I wrote before 10 billions.
No..its just what someone know where we constantly been control.Its been limit what we see and know in this form and much more high form of life what i did not know in this life..but someone know.
Its limit what is been experiment to aloud control our soul.
I think its exist much more.
Why that come in my mind?
Maybe i belong to become created too much more high then poor life which i have now.
a nkh=life
where is life from whom..did i died how many times.oh
if body past away whats happened with soul=dusa or spirit.
We all ask those question's as we grow and mature. We don't know if there is past lives, a God, if it's all some wired illusion. All you can do is read as much as possible. Try not to be lead by people's rubbish. If it feel's right with you go with it. But be open minded. If it frightens you leave it alone. Don't live a life of fear. If you do this or that your going to hell, has frightened loads of people into unfulfilled lives. Too busy trying to live by man's word, man's tradition's.
Just try to be as thoughtful to other's as you can. Bad sometimes does happen to good people, and good can happen to bad people.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#432391 Apr 13, 2013
The Aldrich Dictionary of Phobias and other Word Families, by Chris Aldrich

Egotheism … mystical identification of oneself with a deity
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432392 Apr 13, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
June, I'm not a Catholic (upper case "c"). However, I do believe Jesus was/is the Messiah, Savior to come, that came, and was crucified, buried and raised from the grave on the 3rd day, as the Scriptures say. I believe Jesus to be the Son of God, second person of the Trinity. You can call it myth all you want, but the facts remain, a empty tomb that no one could present His body lifeless, because He has risen victoriously, defeating sin and death, He holds the keys to Eternal life, and if you would be so convinced , you would know it true in your own life, but since you don't, I know that no matter what argument I present, your mind is made up, isn't that true?
You might not be a Catholic, but if you are a Christian of any morphed variety, and you believe that a Jew came to save you, you are living an illusion.

Just as the pope has no interest in those other than Catholics, or wanna-be Catholics, a Jewish Rabbi would have no interest in other than Jews, or wanna-be Jews.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#432393 Apr 13, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
We all ask those question's as we grow and mature. We don't know if there is past lives, a God, if it's all some wired illusion. All you can do is read as much as possible. Try not to be lead by people's rubbish. If it feel's right with you go with it. But be open minded. If it frightens you leave it alone. Don't live a life of fear. If you do this or that your going to hell, has frightened loads of people into unfulfilled lives. Too busy trying to live by man's word, man's tradition's.
Just try to be as thoughtful to other's as you can. Bad sometimes does happen to good people, and good can happen to bad people.
Try not to be lead by people's rubbish.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432394 Apr 13, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad sometimes does happen to good people, and good can happen to bad people.
I suggest that good and bad things happen to all people.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#432395 Apr 13, 2013
was Jesus Christ just a CopyCat Savior Myth?

http://christianthinktank.com/copycatwho1.htm...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#432396 Apr 13, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter,*“Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?”* He said to him,“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” He said to him,“Feed my lambs.”
16 He then said to him a second time,“Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him,“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” He said to him,“Tend my sheep.”
17 He said to him the third time,“Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was distressed that he had said to him a third time,“Do you love me?” and he said to him,“Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.”[Jesus] said to him,“Feed my sheep.i
http://www.usccb.org/bible/john/21
Questions?
http://www.avemariaradio.net/
That has absolutely nothing...zilch...nada...to do with:

History:
(CNN)-- Dropping to his knees before the 10 cardinals of the Inquisition, dressed in the white shirt of penitence, Galileo Galilei was forced to retract his "heretic" theory that the Earth moved around the Sun. Threatened with torture and interrogated for 18 days, the scientist, who was imprisoned in the 17th century, promised to never again teach the theory and spent the rest of his life under house arrest in his small farmhouse outside of Florence.
Galileo's fate was very different from that of other scientists at the time of the Inquisition. Some were executed for threatening the church's teachings. Italian astronomer Giordano Bruno, an Italian philosopher who argued that the universe was infinite, was burned at the stake.

And all done under the stewardship of the pope...the "Vicar of Christ" on earth!!!!!

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#432397 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not be a Catholic, but if you are a Christian of any morphed variety, and you believe that a Jew came to save you, you are living an illusion.
Just as the pope has no interest in those other than Catholics, or wanna-be Catholics, a Jewish Rabbi would have no interest in other than Jews, or wanna-be Jews.
"Just as the pope has no interest in those other than Catholics, or wanna-be Catholics, a Jewish Rabbi would have no interest in other than Jews, or wanna-be Jews."

And, your line of evidence would be?
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#432398 Apr 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
History:
(CNN)-- Dropping to his knees before the 10 cardinals of the Inquisition, dressed in the white shirt of penitence, Galileo Galilei was forced to retract his "heretic" theory that the Earth moved around the Sun. Threatened with torture and interrogated for 18 days, the scientist, who was imprisoned in the 17th century, promised to never again teach the theory and spent the rest of his life under house arrest in his small farmhouse outside of Florence.
Galileo's fate was very different from that of other scientists at the time of the Inquisition. Some were executed for threatening the church's teachings. Italian astronomer Giordano Bruno, an Italian philosopher who argued that the universe was infinite, was burned at the stake.
And all done under the stewardship of the pope...the "Vicar of Christ" on earth!!!!!
Giordano Bruno was wrong, just saying.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432399 Apr 13, 2013
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

Has there ever been a married pope?

At one time in Church history popes did not have to be unmarried. Saint Peter was married, and the Bible even mentions his mother-in-law, who was healed by Jesus. One pope, Hormisdas (514—523) was the father of Pope Silverius (536—537). Reigning from 590 to 604, Pope Gregory 1 (also known as Pope Gregory the Great) was the great-grandson of Pope Felix III (483—492).

Hadrian II (867—872), before becoming pope, was married and had a daughter. Lame and blind in one eye, Pope Hadrian did not want to give up his family or become celibate, so—amid criticism—he kept his wife and daughter with him in the Lateran Palace. Unknown persons abducted the pope’s wife and child, which prompted Hadrian to petition for police help and military support from Emperor Louis II of France. No sooner had Louis agreed to do so than the kidnappers promptly murdered the pope’s wife and daughter. The culprits were never apprehended.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432400 Apr 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
History:
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

John Paul II Gives Galileo a Second Chance.

The Vatican’s belated but sincere vindication of Galileo came in May 1983, when nearly 200 scientists, including 33 Nobel Laureates and 22 cardinals, attended an audience in the Apostolic Palace’s Sala Regia, Pope John Paul II—speaking in French—told the representatives of Science for Peace that the Catholic Church had erred in condemning Galileo 350 years ago. He said that the Church’s seventeenth-century scientific position came from culturally influenced readings of the Bible.

The dust has finally settled on the drama, centuries after Galileo's condemnation brought to the fore the issue of intellectual freedom under Roman Catholic authority. But there remains one more final footnote to Galileo's posthumous reconciliation: Perhaps typical of the Curia's way of doing things is that the Vatican's denunciation of Copernican theory was withdrawn as far back as 1835--whereas Galileo's conviction stuck until just recently.

Although he could have found sanctuary in the Republic of Venice, Galileo—already 70, sick, and infirm—went to the Eternal City to defend his ideas. The Holy Office, which had been percolating a long time over the Florentine’s sins, argued that Galileo’s new book had violated his promise to keep silent and had advocated Copernicanism. Sustaining two days of rigorous interrogation, much of it under the threat of torture and the fear of being burned at the stake as a heretic, Galileo fell to his knees, recanted his theory, and begged the mercy of the seven who were grilling him mercilessly.

Because of his abject public renunciation, the scholarly giant was not ordered to the stake. Instead he was sentenced to life imprisonment that was commuted on the spot, at Pope Urban’s request, to house arrest in Florence (he was also given permission to visit his other home in Siena). Even while under house arrest, Galileo wrote a most poignant letter to the Holy Office in which he pleaded his innocence, adding “…I am in your hand. You may do as you please….”

Location hidden

#432401 Apr 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church does not say or teach "... that Tradition is a safer and clearer guide in religious matters than the Scriptures." And no Catholic has ever said that on this forum.
Catholic encyclopedia:

Now in this respect there are several points of controversy between Catholics and every body of Protestants. Is all revealed truth consigned to Holy Scripture? or can it, must it, be admitted that Christ gave to His Apostles to be transmitted to His Church, that the Apostles received either from the very lips of Jesus or from inspiration or Revelation, Divine instructions which they transmitted to the Church and which were not committed to the inspired writings? Must it be admitted that Christ instituted His Church as the official and authentic organ to transmit and explain in virtue of Divine authority the Revelation made to men?

The Protestant principle is: The Bible and nothing but the Bible; the Bible, according to them, is the sole theological source; there are no revealed truths save the truths contained in the Bible; according to them the Bible is the sole rule of faith: by it and by it alone should all dogmatic questions be solved; it is the only binding authority.

Catholics, on the other hand, hold that there may be, that there is in fact, and that there must of necessity be certain revealed truths apart from those contained in the Bible; they hold furthermore that Jesus Christ has established in fact, and that to adapt the means to the end He should have established, a living organ as much to transmit Scripture and written Revelation as to place revealed truth within reach of everyone always and everywhere.

If that does not say that Catholics regard "traditions" on an equal par with the Holy Sacred Infallible Word of God...what, then, exactly, does it say????!!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432402 Apr 13, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>"Just as the pope has no interest in those other than Catholics, or wanna-be Catholics, a Jewish Rabbi would have no interest in other than Jews, or wanna-be Jews."
And, your line of evidence would be?
The evidence IS that your pope sends his missionaries into harm's way to convert Muslims to Christianity. He really doesn't care how many parents and their children get murdered, just as long as he can get new converts for Catholicism.

If you think that a Rabbi named Jesus would not have wanted others to become Jews in the image of his self ... my guess is, you are dead to new thoughts, and desire to stay that way.
youtube

AOL

#432403 Apr 13, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Location hidden

#432404 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that if Jesus and his Jewish father had actually lived, they would find your insolent attitude that a Jewish Rabbi would favor Catholics and disown his own Jews ... as despicable.
That would be comparable to claiming that the pope left Catholicism to join up with the Protestants.
Those who started the Catholic religion were ex-Jews who simply wanted to branch off of Judaism, and so they used the word Jesus to create the image of a savior, and claim that Jesus thereafter in "spirit" went to work in Catholic confessionals.
Ludicrous lies indeed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..
Christianity had its birth in Judaism. For a hundred years those within and without Christianity considered it a sect of Judaism, so close were the ties.
AND:

"church" as used in the NT...is defined as: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

"Catholic" is not one of its definitions!!!!!!

Catholics....like Protestants are denominations.....as in: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#432405 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence IS that your pope sends his missionaries into harm's way to convert Muslims to Christianity. He really doesn't care how many parents and their children get murdered, just as long as he can get new converts for Catholicism.
If you think that a Rabbi named Jesus would not have wanted others to become Jews in the image of his self ... my guess is, you are dead to new thoughts, and desire to stay that way.
Do you believe Jesus was/is a Rabbi, and on what basis?

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#432406 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I'm not Catholic, didn't you get that the first time I told you?

Location hidden

#432407 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Before you condemn Sacred Tradition, you should probably understand what it is. It's not the same as tradition (small "t"). Let me give you an example;
You and I both look at the bible passages regarding baptism and come to different conclusions as to the meaning and necessity of baptism. You say John 3 doesn't mean that baptism is necessary, I say it does. Sacred Tradition tells us that the apostles taught their disciples that is IS necessary and they passed this teaching on down to the present day.
So yes, if your tradition says that baptism isn't necessary for salvation, I would say your tradition is not "safe".
You must be dreaming...I never said that baptism was not necessary.
Tradition ( T or t) means trade plus action: The action of trading.
Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
Mat 15:3 But he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, WHY DO YOU TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION?
Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Mat 15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YOU MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NO EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION.
Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.
KayMarie
$100 to a doughnut Ant will pooh-pooh those verses in favor of the Piped Piper in Rome.....

Why would anyone....bar-none, believe that Christ would teach only the Catholics these "traditions"!!!!???? What possible reason could there be for such!!!????
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#432408 Apr 13, 2013
What were the key events in the life of Jesus Christ?"

The following are the key events in the life of Christ and the Bible books where each is described (Part 1):

Birth:(Luke 2:1-20)– Within this passage are all the elements of the well-known Christmas story. Mary and Joseph, no room at the inn, the babe in the manger, the shepherds with their flocks, wise men from the East following the star to Bethlehem and bearing gifts for the Christ child, a multitude of angels rejoicing—all these things make up the amazing story of the birth of the Savior two thousand years ago. But the story of God coming to earth as a man began many years earlier with the prophecies of the coming Messiah. Isaiah foretold of a virgin who would conceive and bear a son and call His name Emmanuel, which means “God with us”(Isaiah 7:14). The first of the key events in the life of Christ is the humble beginning in a stable, when God came to be with us, born to set His people free and to save us from our sins.

Baptism:(Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-23)– Jesus’ baptism by John at the Jordan River is the first act of His public ministry. John’s was a baptism of repentance, and although Jesus did not need such a baptism, He consented to it in order to identify Himself with sinners. He would soon bear their sins on the cross where He would exchange His righteousness for their sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). The baptism of Christ symbolized His death and resurrection, prefigured and lent importance to Christian baptism, and publicly identified Christ with those for whom He would die. In addition, His identity as the long-awaited Messiah was confirmed by God Himself who spoke from heaven:“This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased”(Matthew 3:17). Finally, Jesus’ baptism was the scene of the very first appearance of the Trinity to man. The Son was baptized, the Father spoke, and the Holy Spirit descended like a dove. The Father’s command, the Son’s obedience, and the Holy Spirit’s empowerment present a beautiful picture of the life and ministry of Christ.

CONT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Eboneezer Bongo 47,098
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 5 min what I think happ... 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min lightbeamrider 990,682
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 7 hr Johnny 464
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 12 hr DJ Crazee 39,286
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 19 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
Jonathan Johnson 21 hr Your all trash 1
More from around the web