Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,141
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431934 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is history. The ONLY evidence is that there were witnesses, and they testified to what they saw.
With you keep voicing it without providing any support, is a typical so-called "Christian" problem. Repeating it does not make it true.

Please name all the witnesses you think testified accurately.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>You either must believe them, or call them liars or crazy. I believe them, since I cannot prove them liars, or crazy.
I've already hsown you that the writings have been changed and now flawed. What more evidence do you need to believe in the evidence?

Or more accurately - you are afraid the Bible is incorrect, which causes a big dent in your theology, so you continue to deny the truths by being dishonest with others and yourself?

Well?
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>Those who are reaching for alternative stories to what was written down, are usually those trying to justify their own personal desires and sins.
Citation please.

Oh I get it. Your belief is correct and all others are wrong.

Your arrogance is starting to show.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>There is no motive for lying in this case. Being a Christian is very difficult, and very challenging. Every heresy in the world was some attempt to make it easier and skip some moral commandment.
Please cite the passage or text that has "God" stating these heresies.

Or are you going to just pass this point of interest on by and go on living a lie told to you by men?

Seriously, where has "God" stated that a specific belief is heresy.

I think you are continuing to lie for your religion and belief.

Where's the honesty?
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>I know, because I still struggle with some of His commands. They simply are not easy. I have chosen to accept the most difficult religion on earth.
I could have gone an easier route and chosen another.
You struggle because you let other men dictate for what you are to believe.

Choose Self. Jesus did. Don't you want to be like Jesus?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431935 Apr 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this. Over thousands of years the jews wrote the OT. The Jews claimed to have received the 10 commandments from God, even chritiainity believes that, but Jews do not believe in sons of God, so why would God send his son down to earth to be born a jew, live his life and practice his jewish faith as the son of God, if Jews do not believe in sons of God?
.......makes no common sense....
the son of a god walking the earth? big pill to swallow,and if Jesus was just a Jewish man,of course Jewish people are going to have doubts,since there is no writings by ordinary Jewish people about the so called miracles that happened,there is going to be serious doubt, Albert einstein even said there is nothing special about his people,if Moses or Jesus were the first writers of the books Jesus would have to be made a Jew.

Albuquerque, NM

#431936 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been done. Only the secular (non-Catholic authority) in Medieval times had any power to execute people. You see, you are falling for the same historical lies as the atheists, or propaganda issued by the early Protestants. Fox's Book of Martyrs, perhaps?
First, to truly grasp the situation, you must go to original sources. And when you do, as I have, you will find that:
Galileo was never treated unjustly.
The Crusades were not evil.
Medieval peoples did not believe the world was flat, or failed to bathe often, or were primitive in thought or deed.
That the Inquisition was evil (any of them), or had the power to execute people.(I learned this from a Jewish atheist who wrote about the history of New Mexico, and Crypto-Jews. Even HE had to tell the audience, before he could proceed with the lecture, that the Inquisition was not as we think.)
There are countless vile lies about Christian history. Naturally, because we are despised, as Jesus said we would be.
When I say the Church needs to get Medieval, what I mean is that it needs to ASSERT ITS FULL MORAL AUTHORITY OVER ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE. Governments included, since the separation of church and state never meant what most people think it means either.
That does NOT mean burning at the stake, which ITSELF was strictly anti-Christian, is being endorsed. Excommunication and exile are the only legitimate punishments, unless one continues to push their own beliefs as fact upon the population, then stronger measures MIGHT be justified.
And I am testing all of you. If the word "Medieval" conjures up ideas of witch burning, then you are ignorant of history. That is not at all what Medieval times was about. It was about the development of the most technologically advanced civilization the world has ever seen, about people that struggled to make a better world, who brought us science, and universities, and the Renaissance.
All of those that lie about Medieval people, and who they actual were, and what they actual did, are vile creatures.
Unfortunately none of this applies to the 21st C.

You probably also applaud slavery, rape and incest, because all of these are in the Bible that you trust is "true".

You are deluded.

Albuquerque, NM

#431937 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am testing all of you.
Why?

Your arrogance is now peeking through my monitor.

What can you test me for? With you just saying this, goes to show you don't know squat about what you think others should be like.

Why aren't you on TV teaching the world?
A: because you don't have anything that does teach and would allow you test someone.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the word "Medieval" conjures up ideas of witch burning, then you are ignorant of history.
I'm not ignorant of history, far from it.

You'll have to support your position to show that these horrendous acts didn't occur - or didn't occur as common, or to non-believers.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not at all what Medieval times was about.
Probably not, but these acts sure played a role during those times.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about the development of the most technologically advanced civilization the world has ever seen, about people that struggled to make a better world, who brought us science, and universities, and the Renaissance.
Looks like the 20th and the 21st centuries trumped this time period.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those that lie about Medieval people, and who they actual were, and what they actual did, are vile creatures.
Huh?

What are you claiming now? Are you trying to rewrite history?

Good luck with that.

usa

#431938 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).
What name are you referring to? All Christians were just called Christians by others. Catholic was only used to describe the emerging church structure that arose. I agree, Catholics should not call themselves Catholics, but Christians only. But I understand why they do with all the denominations now that exist.
If you mean Roman Catholic Church, that is not, and never has been the name of the Church. Roman is a Protestant name attached to the Catholic Church, not their own. They have 23 Rites, and the proper name of the Western churches is the Latin Rite, as we mostly come from the Latin tradition in Western Europe. But there are 22 others.
It is really just named the Catholic Church, but simply means Universal Church. No, Jesus did not use that, but nor did he denounce it. Why would he? Universal is precisely what he wanted, for us ALL to come to HIS Church.
like i stated before the church would not be in existence today if not for the pagan/christian emperor Constantine,every date used is pagan,the outfit of the pope is of pagan origin,the catholic church is a man made pagan/christian church,that is lead by a man referred to as pope,it changed the Sabbath and the commandments with no divine authority. the true church would have all the answers and never change their beliefs,the p/c church does it on a regular basis, Jesus is the leader of the true church,the pope is not,you can't have two leaders.and going by the dark history of the church,there is no way it is the true church,that is impossible.

usa

#431939 Apr 10, 2013
be back later

Albuquerque, NM

#431940 Apr 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Baptist? Is that the best you can be?
You say you believe in all what Jesus taught, but you are Baptist.
I think you are trying to pull a fast one over someone.
If you were to believe in all of what Jesus taught, you would/could not be Baptist.
Please don't mislead others.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. I should be Catholic.
But I am not trying to mislead others. Nor do I claim to be part of the only true Church. Nor does my own church make this claim.
Wrong again, because the Catholics don't believe in all of what Jesus taught.

Do you have another branch that you want to see if you fit into?

BTW - there are many so-called "churches" that claim to be the true church, the RCC is but one.

Which is good your church doesn't make this claim, because they would be at odds with teh RCC, and thus just causing more division in Christianity.

Christianity divides.

Thanks for providing further evidence of this trait within that community.

Albuquerque, NM

#431941 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
(1 Timothy 6:3 ESV)
Sounds like many of you are obsessed in this unhealthy controversy, which has led to malicious talk.
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

If you were to listen and use what Jesus said, the statement by "Paul" is wrong:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

You do still trust Jesus, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#431942 Apr 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
There you have it Clay. The confrinter is not worth spending time. You and others have warned these factious people many times, but they have closed their minds. They have no eyes to see and ears to hear. They offer nothing in rebuttal to the solid arguments. Their faith is in their own ideology and interpretations and skewed history. They are perfect in every way just ask them. No wrong however is too great lest it be a Catholic for which forgiveness does not apply. Scott Hahns story comes to life. G.K. Chesterton and every other convert. At first they fight and struggle to overcome and deny reality. Eventually they can no longer deny the truth. Frint denies any truth other than that which he chooses to believe which is not based in fact, but a desperate attempt to hold on to the erroneous beliefs he has held. It is hard for many to admit what they have been taught and believed their whole life is not based in truth. The Apostles and Martyrs died for telling people what they did not want to hear. Hojo is right. Why not repeat the same thing to them. They do not listen they never have. I don't think a single one of them could actually tell you what you believe and why. They mock the fathers, they mock anything Catholic, yet they will blindly post any piece of tabloid trash and when proven to be a lie prance on to the next one or throw out abuse as if it doesn't exist amongst them. These are wretched people. By OSAS standards all Catholics fit the bill, but they dance around that too. Over and over and over again they have shown their multiple discrepancies of what they believe, but close it out of their minds. It's truly sad to see.

New Age writes:

Why do you make up things about others, but never are honest about your own beliefs?
- why don't you believe all of what Jesus taught?
- why do you accept what men have given you?

These two questions summarizes everything you point out against the Protestants, yet based upon them, you are right along side them.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Albuquerque, NM

#431943 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust the 12 Apostles. I trust those that appointed in their place, and the line of success, unbroken for all of these ages.

Gnostics have no such claim.
Another made up hypothesis?

Gnostics accept many more of the Apostles and other gospels than Christianity does.

GoThomas
GoPhilip
GoMary
GoHebrews

There are three more Apostles than you have been told to only believe.

Honesty.

Self.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#431944 Apr 10, 2013
marge

Ames, IA

#431945 Apr 10, 2013
"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Psalm 119:103

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431947 Apr 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it Clay. The confrinter is not worth spending time. You and others have warned these factious people many times, but they have closed their minds. They have no eyes to see and ears to hear. They offer nothing in rebuttal to the solid arguments. Their faith is in their own ideology and interpretations and skewed history. They are perfect in every way just ask them. No wrong however is too great lest it be a Catholic for which forgiveness does not apply. Scott Hahns story comes to life. G.K. Chesterton and every other convert. At first they fight and struggle to overcome and deny reality. Eventually they can no longer deny the truth. Frint denies any truth other than that which he chooses to believe which is not based in fact, but a desperate attempt to hold on to the erroneous beliefs he has held. It is hard for many to admit what they have been taught and believed their whole life is not based in truth. The Apostles and Martyrs died for telling people what they did not want to hear. Hojo is right. Why not repeat the same thing to them. They do not listen they never have. I don't think a single one of them could actually tell you what you believe and why. They mock the fathers, they mock anything Catholic, yet they will blindly post any piece of tabloid trash and when proven to be a lie prance on to the next one or throw out abuse as if it doesn't exist amongst them. These are wretched people. By OSAS standards all Catholics fit the bill, but they dance around that too. Over and over and over again they have shown their multiple discrepancies of what they believe, but close it out of their minds. It's truly sad to see.
~~~

The confrinter is not worth spending time. You and others have warned these factious people many times, but they have closed their minds. They have no eyes to see and ears to hear.

Hear WHAT..see WHAT...

1Jn_1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

MY WIFE AND I
HAVE GIVEN YOU THOUSANDS OF POST WITH BOOK CHAPTERS AND VERSES...

YOU ARE JUST AS JESUS SAID TO Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida!

Mat_11:21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

YET YOU SPEND YOU TIME PLAYING GAMES...

EVIDENTLY YOU HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER...BECAUSE YOU PRESENT NOTHING..

YOU ARE EVIDENTLY ON A DIFFERENT SUBJECT THAN I AM.

YOU ARE ALL ABOUT YOUR ROMAN DYNASTY ...YOU PAGAN RITUALS, CEREMONY'S.

POMP PRIDE ... YOUR RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION.... JESUS IS JUST A STAGE

PROP INCLUDED AS A PART OF YOUR DRAMA..THAT YOU MIGHT SERVE... MARY

AND

YOUR SAINTS..HE IS JUST SOME ONE THAT YOU USE AS A MEANS TO AN END.

HE IS NOT THE FOCAL POINT OF YOUR FABLES AND FICTITIOUS

CONJECTURE...PETER IS...

YOU IGNORE GOD'S WORD AND ADD YOU OWN...

You water down the truth of God's word and make it of no purpose...

You do not even believe ...that if you obey it that you will be

saved...thus making God out to be a liar.

All of you contriving is a road that leads no where.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#431948 Apr 10, 2013
Dear RCC friends -

just renounce the statement and position of the vatican that 'the roman catholic church is the only true church' and most of the antagonism against you and this cult should go away.

we're waiting......

Albuquerque, NM

#431949 Apr 10, 2013
I THINK IT IS ABOUT TIME TO.....

GETTTTTT READY TO RUMMMBBLLE!!!!

Our first contestants up are:

HOJO and GiF (aka Confrinting)

Now gents - the rules are:

1. Be respectful
2. No name calling
3. Must post list links and facts to support what you say

Disqualification will occur if you state differently.

Honesty will help immensely.

Good luck!

:o)
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#431950 Apr 10, 2013
Gnostics accept many more of the Apostles and other gospels than Christianity does.
GoThomas
GoPhilip
GoMary
GoHebrews
There are three more Apostles than you have been told to only believe.

Dont forget the other testament of Mormon and the Koran. They are your fellow Gnostics.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431951 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. Tens of thousands of copiers began copying all of the books from the outset. Thus, the Bible was preserved, and came down to us.
Innocent until proven guilty is not just some legal term, it is an ethical and moral one. For no one may accuse the dead of lying or falseness without proof, or at all since the dead cannot defend themselves.
So what you are saying is that countless years were wasted by people copying the WRONG gospels and books. Or, that they deliberately did something against Jesus, or changed Scripture, or did something dishonest.
Well then, prove it. It's the same for the atheists, who use your exact same arguments to denounce the whole Faith. Except that Arians and Cathars use it to make up their own ideas about what Jesus said or did.
I trust the 12 Apostles. I trust those that appointed in their place, and the line of success, unbroken for all of these ages.
Gnostics have no such claim.
It is all about trust. I trust Jesus, and what he did, and who He put in charge of His Church. Why should I not? It would be a sin for me to accuse any of them without evidence.
The bible was in the hands of the catholic fathers only. They could edit it anyway they wanted it to read.

Outside the bible there is no story of Jesus, Mary, Joseph, miracles or crucifixion. Thats a lot of faith you put into one source collection of books whose meanings were probably re-written and changed dozens of times to get the catholic message the way their agenda wanted it to be.

Basically all the customs/traditions and elements of christianity were common knowledge throughout the medeteranean 1,000 years before the Jesus story.

Very little UNIQUE about christianity. The only reason it is still around is because of family hand me down tradition. Mom and Dad are catholic/protestant......so shall be the children.

If everyone today was brought up to study and learn about most main religions and those with no beliefs would make one a much better educated person to make a personal choice when that person becomes an adult.

Being indoctrinated from childhood to become just like mom and dad makes no common sense for a true personal belief.

Being born in the west usually means most follow Jesus. Born to a loving family from the east usually means Allah is who you pray to.

Religion is the great divider of mankind......very sad.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#431953 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
Dear RCC friends -
just renounce the statement and position of the vatican that 'the roman catholic church is the only true church' and most of the antagonism against you and this cult should go away.
we're waiting......
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH NEVER SAID THAT.
READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#431954 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
If you were to listen and use what Jesus said, the statement by "Paul" is wrong:
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
You do still trust Jesus, right?
Could you provide proof that Jesus said those things. Thank you.

Could you also provide proof that the Apostle Thomas said those things that Jesus said.

BTW, are you listening to men? Men said Jesus said. Right? Jesus never wrote anything down in the NT you know....
truth

Perth, Australia

#431955 Apr 10, 2013
micle take care about yourself..don't read my post if you don't liked..evil say that..not me
where
asked your military personel for each position where they going press..then find on other side scotland islend where..its look like that as symbol
f=6 k=11 69 96 see 911
see
don't play funny game..its stay under secret words
Jesus words is perfect..turn over another face spit me..but you will find where is correction..tamo gdje se najmanje nadas..na vrlo ruzan nacin i neugodan..tako je ostavljeno ispod slova..gdje se continenti razvajaju i spustaju..in..where???
https://www.google.com.au/search...

geometry what i drove

uho=ear ivo
nk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 265,375
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min nanoanomaly 777,404
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 43 min Lumajuice 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min mike 605,271
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 hr MUQ2 37,841
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 96,839
More from around the web