Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,357
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431893 Apr 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, still in MN. We're getting a foot of snow tonight.
Clay says.......We're getting a foot of snow tonight.

Michael says......Why would your ancestors settle so far north?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431894 Apr 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
For those that believe in Jesus, christians to this day still argue over who killed him. Wouldn't christians at least know that information?
We know through historical records there were many men in Judea 2,000 years ago claiming to be the messiah. Why weren't they rounded up and crucified?
Back in the day historical records indicate that Jews did not crucify people but stoned them to death. Romans crucified people.
Christians claim they know Jesus, but don't know his date of birth, don't know what he did to support himself (his father supposedly a carpenter) don't know the date he died, and still don't know what group was responsible for his death if this man even existed.
There might have been a man who did good deeds back in the day, and if there was, Christians have done everything to take his own heritage away, by taking the Jew out of this man making him their own.
Jesus very common name back then and today,he preached a different word than the leaders of the day did,so he was a heretic,blasphemer,he started to develop a following,so he had to be disposed of. he was just a man who saw the evil in the world and tried to create a way to change it,by writing books about "A GOD" AND after he was murdered by the Romans,his followers picked up the story where he left off,that is why it took 400 yrs to complete the greatest story ever told. when someone dies,religious people say god called him home, a few weeks ago two teenagers tried to rob a lady pushing her baby in a stroller,one of them shot the baby in the face killing him, did god call that baby home? did he send the teen that fired the shot that killed the baby? he must of,if he calls other people home when they die,so it would have to apply to that poor baby...real nice god you people have.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431895 Apr 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine a 'church' with a hundred OldJG's in it. Then imagine one across the street with a hundred Pope Francis' in it. Scary.
I think I know which one I'm going to.
I think your hate is so deep rooted now it starts to feel 'right' to ya. That's how the devil works. That's how he infiltrates us.
Do you not understand what being raised incorruptable means. Their will be no one in with the faults and characterisics of this wordly flesh.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431896 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
But, if I remember correctly, aren't you a Gnostic? Forgive me if I am mistaken, but there are many foul people in these last 2000 years putting words in Jesus's mouth that never were uttered.
Yes I am.

You do bring up another exacting point above:

"Forgive me if I am mistaken, but there are many foul people in these last 2000 years putting words in Jesus's mouth that never were uttered."
- How are we to know whom is truthful and whom are not?
- is it wise for men to make religions about the texts they ONLY think are true?
- Why is only a half of Jesus is believed in, because if I were to use your statement and logic above, your portion of Jesus is created as well.

Albuquerque, NM

#431897 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there is only one banner, Christ, that is true. And if they did delight in saying they were right all along, then they would not be very good Christians ... and all the more reason to reunite. Too many Catholics are outright heathens. We let Luther take the Church from us, we can take it back.:)
"Well there is only one banner, Christ, that is true."
- opinion
- there is no proof that Jesus rose in bodily form - that would be only belief.
- for something to be true - there must be facts that back up the claim. So far, all you have is circumstantial.

"Too many Catholics are outright heathens."
- only men have claimed other men to be this.
- "God" never stated that a specific religion or belief is heresy and those who practice those beliefs are heathens. You are reaching.

Albuquerque, NM

#431898 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Clay, Anthony, how many converts have you gotten with that tactic?
Probably not many, right? Let's try a different approach.
You need to clean you house before you call others dirty. It is a tragedy that all of Europe has pretty much been lost, on your watch. It is more of a tragedy that more Protestants wanted Rick Santorum than Catholics did, and that the vast majority of Catholics are liberal, unrepentant, abortion-defending, and full of feminist nuns who openly defy the pope.
You want to win over the Protestants? Then be better than them. Clean out your house of heathens. Quit trying not to rock the boat in politics, and start acting like the moral authority that Christ empowered you to be.
Basically, quit being cowards because Martin Luther beat you over the head. Now we need the Medieval Church. We need Thomas Aquinas. We need you to get Medieval again ... and then the Protestants might take notice, and wonder if they are in the right Church or not.
Jesus did not come to bring peace ...
"Now we need the Medieval Church. We need Thomas Aquinas. We need you to get Medieval again ... "

- if you can't beat them - BEAT, BURN AND TORTURE them. Let's get "medieval"??!!

Christianity does divide.

Albuquerque, NM

#431899 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. I've been dealing with the most vile of human beings the Internet has to offer. Just google Yankee Yahoo, and see how many battles have been in over the year. And yes, I did get jaded, and let the world make me a little bitter.
But no more. You have no idea what seeds you might be planting. Maybe you're tactics were better in the beginning, maybe not. But not trying is a sin, and not doing your very best is a sin, and giving up and letting yourself become bitter is a sin.
And I assure, Protestants are listening. I am still one. I am a Baptist, and already I see something stirring in the hearts of both sides. More and more Protestants are speaking well of Catholics, and my own church let a Catholic speak to our whole flock on matters that concern us both. Why am I not Catholic yet? Because my family is not convinced. But we have more young Catholics doing Bible-studies, long overdue, at UNM standing up against the enemy. And we have Catholics coming to Protestant Bible study ... not to try and cause trouble, but learn that we have more in common than we realize.
The seeds have been planted. Now pray like your life depends on it, because it does. The hate and bigotry is nothing what the Saints endured, and not even close to what Our Lord endured. Gather the strength, and redouble your efforts, brother.
Baptist? Is that the best you can be?

You say you believe in all what Jesus taught, but you are Baptist.

I think you are trying to pull a fast one over someone.

If you were to believe in all of what Jesus taught, you would/could not be Baptist.

Please don't mislead others.
Clay

United States

#431900 Apr 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says.......We're getting a foot of snow tonight.
Michael says......Why would your ancestors settle so far north?
My Dads Mother is Ojibway. She didn't have much of a choice. The rest of my ancestors came from Ireland. There were good jobs in MN on the rail road and factories, so they came here. Part of me wishes they were citrus farmers instead, and settled in Florida.
Clay

United States

#431901 Apr 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
The Catholic Church came before one line of the NT was written down. You can read some of the historical account in the Book of Acts. But not all of the details of the CC will be spelled out in Scripture.
But all of the teachings are somehow seen in the 73 Books that make up the Bible.
~~~
Either produce them ...GIVE EVIDENCE or STOP WASTING MY TIME...
I CONTEND THAT ALL YOU ARE DOING IS BLOWING SMOKE...THAT YOU REALLY
HAVE NO PROOF...AND THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT ISSUE
THAT DECIDES THE ETERNAL DESTINY OF MY SOUL...
( IF YOU COME UP WITH SOMEONES ALLEGED HEARSAY ...THAT PROVES NOTHING...)
I have given you books chapters and verses ....to witness, and
validate what I have written.
THE ONLY WITNESSES ACCEPTABLE from you IS BOOKS CHAPTERS AND VERSES...
IF YOU CAN'T PRODUCE THEM, I AINT BUYING IT.
Jesus said..
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
I am free in the truth.. A joint heir with Christ...a fellow
citizen of the saints of the household of God.
I refuse to be involves in your divided loyalties.
Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
I refuse to bring my self under the servitude to/OF an earthly dynasty...in ROME ITALY
Again, if you demand Book, Chapter Verse to prove the Catholic faith. Then you MUST provide Book, Chapter, Verse where Christ commands that Book, Chapter, verse is to be His authority on His Ministry. Its unheard of before the Protestants. You know that.
Besides, I show you Biblical references to Catholicism, but you reject it anyway. In fact, you reject anything that is not coming from your mouth on sacred scripture. I can show you writings from the Disciples of the Apostles concerning sacred scripture. They contradict your interpretations, so you reject it.
Good luck with that.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431902 Apr 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
The Catholic Church came before one line of the NT was written down. You can read some of the historical account in the Book of Acts. But not all of the details of the CC will be spelled out in Scripture.
But all of the teachings are somehow seen in the 73 Books that make up the Bible.
~~~
Either produce them ...GIVE EVIDENCE or STOP WASTING MY TIME...
I CONTEND THAT ALL YOU ARE DOING IS BLOWING SMOKE...THAT YOU REALLY
HAVE NO PROOF...AND THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT ISSUE
THAT DECIDES THE ETERNAL DESTINY OF MY SOUL...
( IF YOU COME UP WITH SOMEONES ALLEGED HEARSAY ...THAT PROVES NOTHING...)
I have given you books chapters and verses ....to witness, and
validate what I have written.
THE ONLY WITNESSES ACCEPTABLE from you IS BOOKS CHAPTERS AND VERSES...
IF YOU CAN'T PRODUCE THEM, I AINT BUYING IT.
Jesus said..
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
I am free in the truth.. A joint heir with Christ...a fellow
citizen of the saints of the household of God.
I refuse to be involves in your divided loyalties.
Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
I refuse to bring my self under the servitude to/OF an earthly dynasty...in ROME ITALY
~~~

Obviously from the trend of the assessment/judgments of the above post...

all you Roman Catholics have to offer is just more insults.

Your sordid ungodly history means nothing...for from the track record it reveals

it shows no semblance of a Christian Church.

It's history is full of torture murder that occurred over a period of 650 years...CURRENTLY ... child molesters sodomizes and homosexuals AND BEHIND IT ALL IS THE EVIL SPIRIT OF arrogance pride AND
Clay

United States

#431903 Apr 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you are just an ignorant Baptist then. The Old Testament was written by Jews and the New Testament was written by Jews with the exception of Luke and Acts which were written by Dr. Luke, a gentile. You need to check your history. The ROMAN CATHOLIC cult or any of it's members did not write one word of the Bible. Not one.
Finally, the word "catholic", small "c" was and is the word for the UNIVERSAL church not the ROMAN CATHOLIC cult. The ROMAN CATHOLIC cult began with Constantine. Ever heard of him?

True Bible-Believing churches existed before the ROMAN CATHOLIC cult. The ROMAN CATHOLIC cult as we know it can trace its beginnings back to (Snipped) The birth of the New Testament church began at Pentecost.
If you have any questions check history.
Check your history.'Roman Catholic' is an invention by Protestant England. Its supposed to be just 'Catholic'.
It ain't our fault they chose to give the Church that Jesus started a different title. Its still the Church.

Your fantasy about Constantine is baseless. You conjured it up to feel better about your unauthoritative teachings on Christianity- a Dan Brown conspiracy scenario on Our Lords Church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431904 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. I've been dealing with the most vile of human beings the Internet has to offer. Just google Yankee Yahoo, and see how many battles have been in over the year. And yes, I did get jaded, and let the world make me a little bitter.
But no more. You have no idea what seeds you might be planting. Maybe you're tactics were better in the beginning, maybe not. But not trying is a sin, and not doing your very best is a sin, and giving up and letting yourself become bitter is a sin.
And I assure, Protestants are listening. I am still one. I am a Baptist, and already I see something stirring in the hearts of both sides. More and more Protestants are speaking well of Catholics, and my own church let a Catholic speak to our whole flock on matters that concern us both. Why am I not Catholic yet? Because my family is not convinced. But we have more young Catholics doing Bible-studies, long overdue, at UNM standing up against the enemy. And we have Catholics coming to Protestant Bible study ... not to try and cause trouble, but learn that we have more in common than we realize.
The seeds have been planted. Now pray like your life depends on it, because it does. The hate and bigotry is nothing what the Saints endured, and not even close to what Our Lord endured. Gather the strength, and redouble your efforts, brother.

~~~
THE BAPTIST....

COMPROMISING THEIR CHRISTIAN FAITH

LEANING TOWARD THE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

WHILE CONSIDERING BECOMING PARTY TO THEIR CONJECTURE ...

IS JUST ANOTHER SIGN THAT WE ARE LIVING IN
LAST DAYS...

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
truth

Perth, Australia

#431905 Apr 10, 2013
after 5 surgery
yes correct
they put all symbols on display as arihtect
nowww

vica versa
man vice
photo
some hande with knife
then
table
then another photo
when make upsidedown..box=capsa=death box
on box stay numbers
how many thousands thousands
do you understood meaning

i am still alive vicaversa=occult
me
no
i am not pccultist
i don't practise nothing
did they are yes that man yes
see
5 cut surgery as his knife on photo shove over stomack after that happening
but another photo some day as dinner after dinner table offering what they offering on table roast this and that

numbers is in thousands
i have still photto
kapsa=box death in great numbers
in this city nothing exist
1 4 7
its stay on telephone numbers on order
147 uspravno=vertical vector
please understood death body stay on street
i trust in you
which friend is Jesus
kad te uzme za ruku pokazat ce ti
my priest can pray for me
i wish that
1/3 globe humanity

please forgive me
pray that we can eliminated darknes from this world as well future
future

i am alright
truth

Perth, Australia

#431906 Apr 10, 2013
psalm 14
truth

Perth, Australia

#431907 Apr 10, 2013
proverb 3
may your loving kindness and trueness..
write them on table of your heart..
i wrote on map as heart
in geometric way..

i don't need be affraid
thinking ability
marge

Ames, IA

#431908 Apr 10, 2013
yep
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#431909 Apr 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if you demand Book, Chapter Verse to prove the Catholic faith. Then you MUST provide Book, Chapter, Verse where Christ commands that Book, Chapter, verse is to be His authority on His Ministry. Its unheard of before the Protestants. You know that.
Besides, I show you Biblical references to Catholicism, but you reject it anyway. In fact, you reject anything that is not coming from your mouth on sacred scripture. I can show you writings from the Disciples of the Apostles concerning sacred scripture. They contradict your interpretations, so you reject it.
Good luck with that.
There you have it Clay. The confrinter is not worth spending time. You and others have warned these factious people many times, but they have closed their minds. They have no eyes to see and ears to hear. They offer nothing in rebuttal to the solid arguments. Their faith is in their own ideology and interpretations and skewed history. They are perfect in every way just ask them. No wrong however is too great lest it be a Catholic for which forgiveness does not apply. Scott Hahns story comes to life. G.K. Chesterton and every other convert. At first they fight and struggle to overcome and deny reality. Eventually they can no longer deny the truth. Frint denies any truth other than that which he chooses to believe which is not based in fact, but a desperate attempt to hold on to the erroneous beliefs he has held. It is hard for many to admit what they have been taught and believed their whole life is not based in truth. The Apostles and Martyrs died for telling people what they did not want to hear. Hojo is right. Why not repeat the same thing to them. They do not listen they never have. I don't think a single one of them could actually tell you what you believe and why. They mock the fathers, they mock anything Catholic, yet they will blindly post any piece of tabloid trash and when proven to be a lie prance on to the next one or throw out abuse as if it doesn't exist amongst them. These are wretched people. By OSAS standards all Catholics fit the bill, but they dance around that too. Over and over and over again they have shown their multiple discrepancies of what they believe, but close it out of their minds. It's truly sad to see.
truth

Perth, Australia

#431910 Apr 10, 2013
look tree in order
look
look numbers as matematic as determinant
look 147=vertical
1/3
look tree

now in midlle
what you say to me please
marty
many many marty=victim=do you understood me
when i pray i cry
marge

Ames, IA

#431911 Apr 10, 2013
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431912 Apr 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dads Mother is Ojibway. She didn't have much of a choice. The rest of my ancestors came from Ireland. There were good jobs in MN on the rail road and factories, so they came here. Part of me wishes they were citrus farmers instead, and settled in Florida.
Clay says......Part of me wishes they were citrus farmers instead, and settled in Florida.

Michael says......I like your humor. Good comeback!

When it rains or snows in Minnesota we usually get it a couple days later as the way the jetstream flows. We are expecting 3 to 4 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow in southern Ontario.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Aura Mytha 739,324
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 26 min Sameer 846
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 54 min MUQ1 36,882
Johnny of Wisconcin the Racist Peck - - w - - d 54 min Johnny 9
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Thinking 227,475
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 259,453
Sexual Orientation is NOT a Choice 2 hr Tony17 78
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Freda 95,485
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr mike 601,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Le_le 173,681