Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675587 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anonymous

Bolivar, MO

#432159 Apr 12, 2013
P.S. Jewish people worship God accordingly to the OT law which wasn't perfect,(so God sent Jesus), but the only gospel/religion/church that is approved by our Father is the ONE HE had written. Sixty-six books guided by the Holy Spirit over several hundred years, and not one mistake, no contradictions. EVERY other religion was founded by a man or woman who claims to have been told by Creator to write a creed to go along with the bible. God doesn't talk with people like that any more since His Son was murdered, we must have faith. No creed nor any other writing is needed nor wanted for use by He. Jesus was tortured, why would He permit a religion whose name is after a mortal being who usurped authority to get attention.....no creed books are approved, nor popes/cardinals/reverands etc. Everything we need to know to go to Heaven is in those 66 books. Why would Jesus allow a mere man to name a church John Smith or Weslyan,(forgive misspelling), or any other name? He clearly says many times, "there is but one name under Heaven in which we must be saved". One. Not the close to 3,000 there are. A denomination means it divided from another. The Church of Christ did not divide. By simple gospel and strong believers and teachers, and God's help, we have perfect instruction from the original, not divided by anyone. Not a denomination.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#432160 Apr 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No you can't. Its impossible and you're oblivious to the catastrophe your 'Bible Alone' teaching.
In fact, its a silly teaching, because you need to first NOT be 'Bible Alone' to be Bible Alone, because the Bible does teach that about itself.
i'm sorry but i don't speak roman. can you try plain english?:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432161 Apr 12, 2013
who="Clay"
I guess its better to be ignorant than face the fact you may be wrong!

Your own words. Read them carefully.
KM

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432162 Apr 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
jethro8 wrote:
in case your interested my tests came back negative,i'm cancer free, thanks to modern medicine
xxxxxxxxx
I am so glad to hear that Jethro.
I needed to hear some positive news.
thanks LT,is everything ok with you? you can send me a private message if you like, and it will remain private
Anonymous

Bolivar, MO

#432163 Apr 12, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
actually all that i have is His and He's allowing me to give, use and enjoy it as i wish!
how are YOU doing with all this.....cuz THERE'S GONNA BE A TEST!;)
not delusional, much wiser than those who think they know more than God. the young rich man had maybe gotten some or even all of his riches by cheating, maybe mistreating his slaves. Any of us who gain wealth in such a way must realize we can't keep the money that was made sinfully. Obeying the gosple has nothing to do with how we feel about things, it's about who loves Them enough to do what They say without hesitation. After all, He created everything. The Godhead is a monarchy, not a democratic or communist state. HOWEVER, money earned honestly by hard work and strong morals can be kept and God will even bless such a person with more. God doesn't need money,( 1 Cor. 1:1,2-"Upon the first day of the week let each of him lay by in store as God hath prospered..." . what that means is, only one time per week, each person must put in what they can afford, and the money is for building maintenance, utilities, etc. Bakesales, yardsales and such are not authorized, "What! Have ye not houses to eat and drink in? Shall I praise you in this? No, I shall not!". And your personal income isn't to be used for any vice or sinful thing. I've been taught truth from childhood and have 50 years of study, obedience, and extensive, excellent education on this subject of gosple. Your test doesn't worry me.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#432164 Apr 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
But it was never official, or historical. It is the Latin Rite, one of 23 Rites. If you speak of the whole Church, it is then the Catholic Church. You cannot say Roman Catholic Church, because that is disrespectful to all the other Rites that have nothing to do with Latin. The Roman See is the only entity that uses the name, the Church of Rome meaning that particular church, not the Whole Church.
Yes, very few Catholics know this. Which is why there are so many Liberal Catholics (heathens) and factions within the church.
Just because there are sinners dividing the Church does not mean Jesus did not intend for there to be only one.
I understand where you are coming from,but the fact remains you belong to the Roman Catholic Church,everyone else can firgure it out,but Catholics are clueless. The Pope is not head of the Orthodox churches,nor the Anglicans,and it is obvious that no matter what the eastern rite Catholics do,they must answer to the POPE.You can try to correct us all you want Yankee,the truth is that you are a member of the Roman Catholic Church.

The Papacy is the Roman Catholic Hiearchy.Catholic means Universal,and frankly it is just a word.Christians were first named in Antioch,but really were they not just believers of the WAY?

The Roman Catholic Church is a dynasty within the ranks of Christianity,it is a sovereignty,just as we have such in the secular world amongst nations.Although there are few kings and Queens,there is the Pope a King of sorts in the framework of the whole Christian endeavor.

Human beings have wanted a K I N G all through history.Do you forget when our LORD God of Hosts wanted to be so intimate with Israel,that He desired ALONE to be their everything?YET Israel complained to the Prophet Samuel demanding a king,just like the other nations had.Saul was the first King of Israel.

The LORD gave them what they wanted,but to their own discredit,because who is perfect and righteous,and JUST like the LORD?

We Christians are no different Yankee.Do we want a physical K I N G over us,or do we want to fulfill the desire of the Father,to let the Godhead to rule over our hearts and minds in Christ?

The Papacy is the human substitute for the Godhead.The controversy is truly,did God institute that for His Son's Body,or did human effort and design bring about the Papacy?

Naturally the Roman Church cries out that the Papacy was instituted by Christ through Peter,but the real issue here is that God still does not have a people who will only respond to His voice alone.If you think that your popes were the perfect substitute for God through Christ,than HISTORY proves you wrong.

There is no perfection in the Papacy,not saying that there were no men of God who ruled with righteousness within the Papacy,but that ultimately the Papacy is not what the Father's desire is for the Body of Christ.

The Father's desire is to rule in the hearts of the believers through the Holy Spirit the only COMFORTER and Paraclete from the Godhead,PERFECT enough for that position.

I am not condemning the role of the Papacy,Yankee,I am stating the truth through the Scriptures,it is the Father's desire ALONE to rule in the hearts of the FAITHFUL.It is not His desire that a m a n stand in the sovereign SEAT to direct the affairs of the whole Christian endeavor to make disciples of all Nations for the Lord Jesus Christ.

The question Catholics need to ask themselves! Could we trust God alone to rule our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus without the aid of the Papacy?

#432165 Apr 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No you can't. Its impossible and you're oblivious to the catastrophe your 'Bible Alone' teaching.
In fact, its a silly teaching, because you need to first NOT be 'Bible Alone' to be Bible Alone, because the Bible does teach that about itself.
You wrote

Its impossible and you're oblivious to the catastrophe your 'Bible Alone' teaching.

QUESTION...

ARE YOU CALLING GOD A LIAR?...

I PITY YOUR BLATANT IGNORANCE...THAT COULD COST YOU YOUR ETERNAL SOUL..

___\
THE HOUSE OF Cornelius WAS NOT SAVED BY ROMAN CATHOLIC TEACHINGS...

Act 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
___

THE jailor at Philippi,... was not saved by Roman Catholic teachings

Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
Act 16:34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

The Ethiopian Eunuch was not saved by Roman Catholic teachings.

Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

---
ACCORDING TO THE WITNESSES OF THE SCRIPTURES ABOVE

Your religious PLACEBO is the catastrophe....

the bible speaks about you...

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

usa

#432166 Apr 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly we've showed that the Apostles taught Transubstantiation, even if the official term wasn't defined until later.
"They do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which died for us, and the father in His goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"
Ignatius, Disciple of the Apostle John.
not really knowing the meaning of the word transubstantiation, i looked, came across this:Transubstantiation is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines this doctrine in section 1376:Jesus said to them,‘I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life … For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him … so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.’”

Roman Catholics interpret this passage literally and apply its message to the Lord’s Supper, which they title the “Eucharist” or “Mass.the Roman Catholic Church teaches that once an ordained priest blesses the bread of the Lord's Supper, it is transformed into the actual flesh of Christ (though it retains the appearance, odor, and taste of bread); and when he blesses the wine, it is transformed into the actual blood of Christ (though it retains the appearance, odor, and taste of wine). Is such a concept biblical?

JETHRO: according to this if i take my jewish rye bread (which i love eating by the slice)and a bottle of wine to a catholic priest he does his hocus pocus routine, and I eat the bread and drink the wine,that makes me a cannibal?. who ever makes this B.S. up has a sick sense of humor. the more i read about the pagan/christian church the sicker it becomes,no way is it the true church, now if you called it the true church of SATAN,going by it's phony teachings and it's true history,that is believable, because that is what it sounds like to me.

#432167 Apr 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
Its impossible and you're oblivious to the catastrophe your 'Bible Alone' teaching.
QUESTION...
I PITY YOUR BLATANT IGNORANCE...THAT COULD COST YOU YOUR ETERNAL SOUL
~~~

THE MAN AT THE GATE CALLED BEAUTIFUL WAS NOT SAVE AND HEALED BY ROMAN CATHOLIC TEACHINGS..

Act 3:4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

Act 3:5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Act 3:7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

Act 3:8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

Act 3:9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

Act 3:10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

Act 3:11 And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.

Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

~~~

Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Jas 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Jas 1:21 ===> Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and

receive with meekness the engrafted word,

which is able to save your souls.<===

Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#432168 Apr 12, 2013
Sunny Wendy March wrote:
<quoted text>
not delusional, much wiser than those who think they know more than God. the young rich man had maybe gotten some or even all of his riches by cheating, maybe mistreating his slaves. Any of us who gain wealth in such a way must realize we can't keep the money that was made sinfully. Obeying the gosple has nothing to do with how we feel about things, it's about who loves Them enough to do what They say without hesitation. After all, He created everything. The Godhead is a monarchy, not a democratic or communist state. HOWEVER, money earned honestly by hard work and strong morals can be kept and God will even bless such a person with more. God doesn't need money,( 1 Cor. 1:1,2-"Upon the first day of the week let each of him lay by in store as God hath prospered..." . what that means is, only one time per week, each person must put in what they can afford, and the money is for building maintenance, utilities, etc. Bakesales, yardsales and such are not authorized, "What! Have ye not houses to eat and drink in? Shall I praise you in this? No, I shall not!". And your personal income isn't to be used for any vice or sinful thing. I've been taught truth from childhood and have 50 years of study, obedience, and extensive, excellent education on this subject of gosple. Your test doesn't worry me.
actually, sunny - Jesus' lesson to the rich young ruler was the same lesson He taught over & over again: YOU CAN'T EARN HEAVEN THROUGH THE WORKS OF THE LAW!!!

"this is the work of God; that you believe on the One whom He sent" Jesus

#432169 Apr 12, 2013
who="jethro8" not really knowing the meaning of the word transubstantiation, i looked, came across this:Transubstantiation is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines this doctrine in section 1376:Jesus said to them,‘I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life … For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him … so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.’”
Roman Catholics interpret this passage literally and apply its message to the Lord’s Supper, which they title the “Eucharist” or “Mass.the Roman Catholic Church teaches that once an ordained priest blesses the bread of the Lord's Supper, it is transformed into the actual flesh of Christ (though it retains the appearance, odor, and taste of bread); and when he blesses the wine, it is transformed into the actual blood of Christ (though it retains the appearance, odor, and taste of wine). Is such a concept biblical?
JETHRO: according to this if i take my jewish rye bread (which i love eating by the slice)and a bottle of wine to a catholic priest he does his hocus pocus routine, and I eat the bread and drink the wine,that makes me a cannibal?. who ever makes this B.S. up has a sick sense of humor. the more i read about the pagan/christian church the sicker it becomes,no way is it the true church, now if you called it the true church of SATAN,going by it's phony teachings and it's true history,that is believable, because that is what it sounds like to me.

The bread and wine were/are (of) Jesus' Body BECAUSE HE SAID SO...NOT because some man says words over it.

KayMarie

usa

#432170 Apr 12, 2013
truth wrote:
His eyes is set up upon her..who?
You not explain proply how many Eden we have?
Which one is real?
Where first Eden is been as correction?
Why destroy?
Who do that? Someone who watching creation..certainly know.
But who is real?
Who is truthful as well why?
To lead civilization into cataclysmic without knowing is not answer about your prediction.
the garden of Eden is in the great rift valley of Victoria falls in southeast Africa.

#432171 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote
QUESTION...

~~~

THE SEVEN CHURCHES OF ASIA WERE NOT INSTRUCTED TO FOLLOW ROMAN CATHOLIC TEACHINGS...

ROME IS NOT LISTED HERE...NOR DID THE TEACHINGS COME FROM ROME...

Rev_1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DECEIVERS FROM ROME .... HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ASSUME YOUR CONJECTURE INTO THE BIBLE OVER THE CENTURIES...DOES NOT GIVE YOU CREDIBILITY WITH GOD...

JESUS

Luk_24:45 Then opened he/JESUS their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Act_17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Act_17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Act_18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Act_18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

Rom_15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Rom_16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

1Co_15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1Co_15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

VOIDING THE SCRIPTURES OR ADDING TO THEM DESTROYS

YOUR CREDIBILITY...
Pad

Fishers, IN

#432172 Apr 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all! I am quite thankful for being raised in a bible only Church (confirmation, bible school, bible University and protestant pre-theology study. The result was that---the more. deeply that I researched over 2000 years TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the more "advanced and extensive" study of the bible that was required, the more the "REAL TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible (was revealed) as it paralleled and complimented TRUE Church History. If Luther were alive today, he would be "agast and liv--ed. at the "deterioration of the "mess, confusion and divisions within the Protestant beliefs today---------TOTALLY CONTRARY to what Luther had originally attempted to change in the Catholic Christian faith. It was the "later Protestant theologians that "threw out" ANYTHING Catholic whether true or not that has led to this "modern day" 42,000+ bible only Protestant confusion, contradicting and inconsistent "chaos" that has resulted in "false and distorted bible interpretation with editorial (personal opinionated (half-truth) Christianity each individuals "personal opinion" is the final authority
Why did you leave Lutheranism? For one the Lutherans themselves made the biggest error of all,they called their Christian movement L U T H E R A N,after Martin Luther.They built on the foundation of a m a n.Although the many Lutherans who know how to pray and seek God are the remnant of truth to what true Christian endeavor is.

But all of these churches that build on the name of an individual all fail to see that God alone is the Head of the Church,we can not build on the foundations of men.

Nevertheless,you and every Catholic who holds to your RCC as being the only true and Apostolic Church,are oblvious to the power and s o v e r e i g n t y of God who puts His desire into the hearts of men for His purpose.He is not limited to Roman Catholic practitioners,or is He confined to the walls of your cathedrals as magnificent they are to the glory of M a n.

History has proven your church most wanting and not the model of truth to serve the Living God with purity and truth as exampled by Christ alone.

Christ instilled into His Apostles many things that we today cannot even imagine,and the Holy Spirit confirmed those things when He infilled their beings at Pentecost,and as they poured out their lives to HIM.

We see that in many lives cross the board throughout Christian movements.

I do not like denominationalism any more than you would,and you believe that Roman Catholicism is the answer for the unity of all believers,YET the truth is they are more wanting than many of those who are out there trying to live and serve the Lord in the best way they know.

I have seen some of the most inspired and determined folks through my years who serve Jesus the Christ in a capacity that only glorifies our Lord.AND they for the most part were not RCs or Lutherans,but men and women of God who took what they experienced from the LORD and ran with it in the race to win many of the lost for Christ.

Denominationalism includes Roman Catholicism with is appearance of royal sovereignty,as the Anglicans and the Orthodox have their's as well.That does not make any of you NUMBER ONE,but due to the fact that you all have the Scriptures,and many of your adherents know JESUS personally,the Spirit of the living God can move and purpose within your lives,and within the framework of your persuasion.

Just because the Holy Spirit works within and without a framework,does not mean that the framework is perfect or that it is doing the Will of the Father,but that God can move freely to touch souls,and use them for HIS ultimate purpose.It is not God's ultimate purpose hojo to make us all Roman Catholics,but that our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#432173 Apr 12, 2013
who="hojo"

Hojo...Moses was well-known to be God's man. As was David and Isaiah, and others that JESUS quoted. They preached and wrote the Word of God. Jesus agreed with THEM. It is for this reason that Protestants judge teachings by what those men said. If I followed (bishops, priests and elders) to decide what to believe, it would be sort of like using THIS FORUM to interpret the Bible. One would be very confused.
Yes, there were WRITTEN scriptures in Jesus time. HE read from Isaiah in the temple. He told Satan that "IT IS WRITTEN".
Give it up, Hojo. The Bible is trustworthy.
Isaiah in the temple. He told Satan that "IT IS WRITTEN".
Give it up, Hojo. The Bible is trustworthy.
KayMarie
Sorry Kay Marie, but the facts is that even your own Protestant Apologistic historian authors and writers, recognize and concur with the TRUTH of TRUE Church History on these historical facts:
1. Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic) Church -(Matthew 16:13-21) CAME FIRST---then the bible over 350 years after the 1st Church in Antioch, then Corinth, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Galatia, etc.
2. The Early Church Fathers compiled the letters, documents, parchments and manuscripts from the writings of the Apostles and for over 350 years, prayfully and diligently discerned, interpreted and translated the original copies during the first centuries of the Church, into the vernacular, so that all could read them. Study your church history KM! There was no other Church around, except the Catholic Church. Take a look at all the quotes from the Early Church Fathers---they were ALL Catholic.
3. Again--THE CHURCH CAME FIRST---then the bible . The bible wasn't even complied until 382, and the printing press wasn't even invented until John Guetenberg came on the scene in 1440. If you really think that the bible is the only source of truth and the only way of Salvation, then what about the Christians that didn't have a bible, 1500 years prior to the 1st bible that came off the printing press. Jesus Christ established an authority on earth (Matthew 16) to preserve His revelation, deciding and forming the Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD and that authority is the Church I Timothy 3:15
You have "yet to show us" where in the bible that
where Jesus said that the bible is the "one and only" source of truth, that God chose to transmit His divine and infallible Word!!!(book, chapter and verse please)! The fact is that we, as Catholics, all know that "nowhere" in the bible does it say that we need to stick "only" to the bible to arrive at the TRUTH of Gods Word!
Neither Moses, Isaiah nor did David wrote the New Testament. They were all under the "levitical priesthood, the Law, observing "blood sacrifices on the altar. Jesus came under the New Melchisadek Priesthood and the Old Testament Authors had little or no connection (whatsoever) to the TRUE teachings of Jesus that were conveyed to his Apostles, in the forming of His Church and the Canon of Scripture. The fact is that, it was the Early Church Fathers who "prayfully translated, discerned, construed and interpreted the bible which bible only "self opinionated Protestants, mis- interpret, then re-interpret and then mis-re-interpret over and over again --one denomination after another---ALL to your own contradiction, inconsistency, demise and destruction.
Yes!! The bible is trustworthy--but NOT by your 21st century "bible only" standards of "editorialized personal interpretation of the Scriptures", which contradict and conflict with each other and have multiplied, split and divided over and over again since the Reformation, to over 42,000 inconsistent interpretative denominations..... There has,is,and can be only ONE TRUTH --not 42,000 personal opinionated "relative truths" (what each person decides for themselves is truth!!)
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432174 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote
QUESTION...
~~~
THE SEVEN CHURCHES OF ASIA WERE NOT INSTRUCTED TO FOLLOW ROMAN CATHOLIC TEACHINGS...
ROME IS NOT LISTED HERE...NOR DID THE TEACHINGS COME FROM ROME...
Rev_1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
JUST BECAUSE YOU DECEIVERS FROM ROME .... HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ASSUME YOUR CONJECTURE INTO THE BIBLE OVER THE CENTURIES...DOES NOT GIVE YOU CREDIBILITY WITH GOD...
JESUS
Luk_24:45 Then opened he/JESUS their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Act_17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
Act_17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Act_18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
Act_18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.
Rom_15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Rom_16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
1Co_15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co_15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
VOIDING THE SCRIPTURES OR ADDING TO THEM DESTROYS
YOUR CREDIBILITY...
Could you provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ commands a Bible be written for His Ministry?
Could you provide Book, Chapter and Verse where the Apostles teach the 'Bible Alone' as the sole authority on Christianity?

If you can't, then why do you teach it?

Thanks

usa

#432175 Apr 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "self opinionated anti-catholic sources of historical "spin" PROVES NOTHING!! ALL you have done is "dig up" distorted dirt, "desperately" attempting to prove your "ridiculous assertion" that Apostolic Succession doesn't exist!! Do I have to "individually list all 267 Popes beginning with St Peter in (32-67) down through the current Pope Francis, in order to "get it through your" disordered, confused and editorial (opinionated) mind"
Pope Benedict IX
The nephew of his two immediate predecessors, Benedict IX was a man of very different character to either of them. His father Alberic placed him upon it when a mere youth, not, however, apparently of only twelve years of age (according to Raoul Glaber, Hist., IV, 5, n. 17. Cf. V, 5, n. 26), but of about twenty (October, 1032). Of his pontifical acts little is known, except that he held two or three synods in Rome and granted a number of privileges to various churches and monasteries. He insisted that Bretislav, Duke of Bohemia, should found a monastery, for having carried off the body of St. Adalbert from Poland. In 1037 he went north to meet the Emperor Conrad and excommunicated Heribert, Archbishop of Milan, who was at emnity with him . Benedict, however,resigned his office into the hands of the Archpriest John Gratian . John was then elected pope and became Gregory VI (May, 1045). Benedict endeavoured to depose Gregory. This resulted in the intervention of King Henry III. Benedict, Sylvester, and Gregory were deposed at the Council of Sutri (1046) and a German bishop (Suidger) became Pope Clement II. After his speedy demise, Benedict again seized Rome (November, 1047), but was driven from it to make way for a second German pope, Damasus II (November, 1048). Of the end of Benedict it is impossible to speak with certainty. Some authors suppose him to have been still alive when St. Leo IX died, and never to have ceased endeavouring to seize the papacy. But it is more probable that the truth lies with the tradition of the Abbey of Grottaferrata, first set down by Abbot Luke, who died about 1085, and corroborated by sepulchral and other monuments within its walls. Writing of Bartholomew, its fourth abbot (1065), Luke tells of the youthful pontiff turning from his sin and coming to Bartholomew for guidance. On the saint's advice, Benedict definitely resigned the pontificate and died in penitence at Grottaferrata.[See "St. Benedict and Grottaferrata" (Rome, 1895), a work founded on the more important "De Sepulcro Benedicti IX", by Dom Greg. Piacentini (Rome, 1747).]
this is the catholic version,it's obvious because there are lies in your post,example"Of his pontifical acts little is known," this is bulls78t,a popes reign is very well documented,on every one of them,and i'd bet your life that if i checked the writers of this post like Raoul Glaber,he would be associated heavily with the church,which we know for a fact it would lie about the wrong doings of any pope,it's lied many times over the decades,the whole world knows it so you can not deny it. I stand by my post as being truthful. no apostolic succession exists,and peter was never a pope,church rules would forbid it,he was married.

usa

#432176 Apr 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "self opinionated anti-catholic sources of historical "spin" PROVES NOTHING!! ALL you have done is "dig up" distorted dirt, "desperately" attempting to prove your "ridiculous assertion" that Apostolic Succession doesn't exist!! Do I have to "individually list all 267 Popes beginning with St Peter in (32-67) down through the current Pope Francis, in order to "get it through your" disordered, confused and editorial (opinionated) mind"
Pope Benedict IX
The nephew of his two immediate predecessors, Benedict IX was a man of very different character to either of them. His father Alberic placed him upon it when a mere youth, not, however, apparently of only twelve years of age (according to Raoul Glaber, Hist., IV, 5, n. 17. Cf. V, 5, n. 26), but of about twenty (October, 1032). Of his pontifical acts little is known, except that he held two or three synods in Rome and granted a number of privileges to various churches and monasteries. He insisted that Bretislav, Duke of Bohemia, should found a monastery, for having carried off the body of St. Adalbert from Poland. In 1037 he went north to meet the Emperor Conrad and excommunicated Heribert, Archbishop of Milan, who was at emnity with him . Benedict, however,resigned his office into the hands of the Archpriest John Gratian . John was then elected pope and became Gregory VI (May, 1045). Benedict endeavoured to depose Gregory. This resulted in the intervention of King Henry III. Benedict, Sylvester, and Gregory were deposed at the Council of Sutri (1046) and a German bishop (Suidger) became Pope Clement II. After his speedy demise, Benedict again seized Rome (November, 1047), but was driven from it to make way for a second German pope, Damasus II (November, 1048). Of the end of Benedict it is impossible to speak with certainty. Some authors suppose him to have been still alive when St. Leo IX died, and never to have ceased endeavouring to seize the papacy. But it is more probable that the truth lies with the tradition of the Abbey of Grottaferrata, first set down by Abbot Luke, who died about 1085, and corroborated by sepulchral and other monuments within its walls. Writing of Bartholomew, its fourth abbot (1065), Luke tells of the youthful pontiff turning from his sin and coming to Bartholomew for guidance. On the saint's advice, Benedict definitely resigned the pontificate and died in penitence at Grottaferrata.[See "St. Benedict and Grottaferrata" (Rome, 1895), a work founded on the more important "De Sepulcro Benedicti IX", by Dom Greg. Piacentini (Rome, 1747).]
show me something that is not written by a hand picked catholic historian.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#432177 Apr 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
May your days in remission be happy and fruitful!
:oP
Way to go J!
Thank God for modern science,and jethro's being diagnosed clean of cancer.I hope him the best,and agree with you that his days will be happy and fruitful!

usa

#432178 Apr 12, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>When did Martin Luther remove books from the Bible?
that is a question you'll have to ask a catholic,they claim he did,i have not read much about the protestant religion,because this site here is about the ridiculous statement made by the pagan/christian church as being gods true church,more likely Satans church than gods, going by their own history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 46,194
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 184,746
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 40 min Catcher1 110,267
snapchat dirty pics shemale (May '14) 58 min Cali4real12 30
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Bongo 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 982,210
immigrant muslims in new jersey are destroying ... 6 hr Sethlong 5
More from around the web