Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,814)

Showing posts 416,261 - 416,280 of530,347
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie, please, the Catholics WROTE the Holy Scriptures. For 300 years Christians had no Bible as we know it today, until THEY put it together. There is oral tradition, and there is written tradition. Oral tradition became Sacred Tradition, the traditions of God, who indeed likes incense, and ritual and all the trapping of holiness. He wants us to WORK at our faith, and that means more than just going to Church on Sunday. Written Tradition became the Bible, which THEY, the Catholics, combined and went to GREAT LENGTHS to put together, and during a time when they were still being persecuted, despite tolerance from the Roman state.
No, they don't worship Mary. They respect and honor her as the Mother of Jesus. No, they don't pray to the saints, they ASK for their prayers. No, they don't believe the dead are dead, but in Heaven with God praying for us to get through this sometimes awful and challenging life. And every ritual performed at mass is what the Jews were COMMANDED to do by God, and nowhere was that changed or altered. No, pagan elements were NOT introduced, but some pagan holidays were Christianize to respect the culture and honor the people, without compromising the the faith in any way. And no one fought against slavery, elevated women, fought against abortion (a SERIOUS problem in Roman times), and maintained marriage between a man and woman (against the pagans who thought otherwise for centuries) more so than the Catholic Church.
In fact, I knew a few Jews that became Catholic when they saw it was more Jewish than their own religion, and were shocked at how true to Levite priesthood it was.
Some of the most ignorant statements I have heard in a long, long time. You said, quote, "KayMarie, please, the Catholics WROTE the Holy Scriptures. For 300 years Christians had no Bible as we know it today, until THEY put it together." End of your quote.

Please give the names of the "Catholic" authors of the Bible. Just one would be great. Let me see, would it be Moses? No. How about Paul, was he Catholic? No. How about John? No Jeremiah? No. Then what "Catholic" wrote one word in the Bible.

You said, quote, "There is oral tradition, and there is written tradition. Oral tradition became Sacred Tradition, the traditions of God, who indeed likes incense, and ritual and all the trapping of holiness. He wants us to WORK at our faith, and that means more than just going to Church on Sunday. Written Tradition became the Bible, which THEY, the Catholics, combined and went to GREAT LENGTHS to put together, and during a time when they were still being persecuted, despite tolerance from the Roman state." End quote.

More lie from hell. Oops, I meant the vatican.

You said, quote, "No, they don't worship Mary. They respect and honor her as the Mother of Jesus. No, they don't pray to the saints, they ASK for their prayers. No, they don't believe the dead are dead, but in Heaven with God praying for us to get through this sometimes awful and challenging life. And every ritual performed at mass is what the Jews were COMMANDED to do by God, and nowhere was that changed or altered. No, pagan elements were NOT introduced, but some pagan holidays were Christianize to respect the culture and honor the people, without compromising the the faith in any way. And no one fought against slavery, elevated women, fought against abortion (a SERIOUS problem in Roman times), and maintained marriage between a man and woman (against the pagans who thought otherwise for centuries) more so than the Catholic Church." End quote.

You are too ignorant for words. Go back to your Roman Catholic cult you pitiful low life.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

yanke
did you see you y
\/
|
/\

did you see whay you try act smart

i told you
do double z cross over you call me nazi..o did you

look N

look on your hand letter 'N' God left seal as Creation

now

i am not care what you think
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

you liked be biger then god
no
you are pesessor
which others can destroy you too

now
did you find who is not nice with words
fuck off
meaning of symbolical
fuck off=is one finger up other down=as you see observe someone as you see symbol of c astro astrology vaga
Vaga is symbol kg kilogram=margolic
see symbol
oh
its story how Jesus react on not valid words
but restore in something
Symbol as well place exist about what?
i told you my mind is not yours..no
you can be perfect as perfect destruction ones implemented ..it is finish..
but
i tray tell you where is your error in your perfection..perfect destruction..
no you not going do that dear god
no
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

dear God no
i mean perfection can't be as ordinary
as well you can play with that
ordinary person don't have responsibility..
but can have inner as perfection..

What god say about that in parable?

'weed seed and good seed'

see fuck off
when they press its going down as well up

,'
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

two pen together have two 25 one from one side other from other side
see
what we can do that in geometric way but as well as numbers its stay with 3 numbers
o yes yes yes
its 1/3 not 1/4
two 25=1/2
you have 3x 3 number within each is 3 as within one symbol first 3 numbers within is as destruction
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo
if you love me
love can be respect too
understanding can be love too
love can be as heart
map
if you drove as map on heart as destruction
its within 3 numbers as well within two geometric symbol as well all within one
love can be suffering too
but if you suffer for someone or any reason because of that its winning love
for salvation
you must be complete all 3x 3 x3 within one is complete still not inaf
because no limit what so ever
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

meter odmjeranje observe
from where
anywhere
everybody wish some
no deference on this world
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

god send manna 2 fish and 5 loofa bread

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the most ignorant statements I have heard in a long, long time. You said, quote, "KayMarie, please, the Catholics WROTE the Holy Scriptures. For 300 years Christians had no Bible as we know it today, until THEY put it together." End of your quote.
Please give the names of the "Catholic" authors of the Bible. Just one would be great. Let me see, would it be Moses? No. How about Paul, was he Catholic? No. How about John? No Jeremiah? No. Then what "Catholic" wrote one word in the Bible.
You said, quote, "There is oral tradition, and there is written tradition. Oral tradition became Sacred Tradition, the traditions of God, who indeed likes incense, and ritual and all the trapping of holiness. He wants us to WORK at our faith, and that means more than just going to Church on Sunday. Written Tradition became the Bible, which THEY, the Catholics, combined and went to GREAT LENGTHS to put together, and during a time when they were still being persecuted, despite tolerance from the Roman state." End quote.
More lie from hell. Oops, I meant the vatican.
You said, quote, "No, they don't worship Mary. They respect and honor her as the Mother of Jesus. No, they don't pray to the saints, they ASK for their prayers. No, they don't believe the dead are dead, but in Heaven with God praying for us to get through this sometimes awful and challenging life. And every ritual performed at mass is what the Jews were COMMANDED to do by God, and nowhere was that changed or altered. No, pagan elements were NOT introduced, but some pagan holidays were Christianize to respect the culture and honor the people, without compromising the the faith in any way. And no one fought against slavery, elevated women, fought against abortion (a SERIOUS problem in Roman times), and maintained marriage between a man and woman (against the pagans who thought otherwise for centuries) more so than the Catholic Church." End quote.
You are too ignorant for words. Go back to your Roman Catholic cult you pitiful low life.
Actually, I'm Baptist. And all I can do is pray that you grow in your faith and study history more. Everything I stated is ALSO taught by Baptist, except the priesthood and papal authority. No Protestant denomination denies the validity of the Early Church in its uniformity in doctrine. Gnostics, Arians, Cathars, and all other heretics are our heretics to us as well because of the same doctrines we share. No, the word Catholic was not used in Paul's time, of course, there was no "universal church" yet. But once many churches existed, that was the obvious thing to call all the Christian Churches.

And I'm sure you understood that I meant the Catholics wrote the New Testament, not the Old. Inspired by and breathed by God, but written by men. not dictated, as the Muslims claim with the Koran.

I'm sorry most of the myths you probably believed in are directly denied, but the truth is the truth.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
OK Protestants, let's stop with the Catholic-bashing.
They "cannot stop" Catholic bashing because their "entire bible only man-made religion" is predicated and based upon attacking, condemning and passing their Protestant(personal opinionated) judgment" against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Catholic Church..... Sola Scriptura "cannot exist" (on its own) without Protestant "verbal abuse" against the faith of other Christians--especially Catholics.... As a former bible only Protestant, it was the "major focus and emphasis" of our "so-called" Christian faith......Every "bible only fundamentalist" on this forum (Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian, jethro8, LTM, PAD, Marge, and those that I missed--have PROVEN this to be true, over and over and over again with "every post" including the Agnostics and Atheists who make comments.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. I've been dealing with the most vile of human beings the Internet has to offer. Just google Yankee Yahoo, and see how many battles have been in over the year. And yes, I did get jaded, and let the world make me a little bitter.
But no more. You have no idea what seeds you might be planting. Maybe you're tactics were better in the beginning, maybe not. But not trying is a sin, and not doing your very best is a sin, and giving up and letting yourself become bitter is a sin.
And I assure, Protestants are listening. I am still one. I am a Baptist, and already I see something stirring in the hearts of both sides. More and more Protestants are speaking well of Catholics, and my own church let a Catholic speak to our whole flock on matters that concern us both. Why am I not Catholic yet? Because my family is not convinced. But we have more young Catholics doing Bible-studies, long overdue, at UNM standing up against the enemy. And we have Catholics coming to Protestant Bible study ... not to try and cause trouble, but learn that we have more in common than we realize.
The seeds have been planted. Now pray like your life depends on it, because it does. The hate and bigotry is nothing what the Saints endured, and not even close to what Our Lord endured. Gather the strength, and redouble your efforts, brother.
I appreciate your input. Dialogue is becoming more and more fruitful between Protestants and Catholics.
What do the Baptist want? The SBC is darn near a mini Catholic Church. Do they seek some kind of merger or dual catholic/Baptist faith? That's a tricky scenario. The CC would say to anyone,(including the Orthodox) you're either in communion with the Bishop of Rome or not. That's a huge problem for many, but it can't be any different, because we're talking about truth- which can't be compromised. I don't know what the future holds. But these two facts are interesting: Many Catholics are leaving the Church due to cultural influence and secularism among other reasons. But many Protestants are replacing them by becoming Catholic. The new converts have a deep love for Christ; a zeal for the scriptures and bring a new kind of vibe into the Church.

The result in about 20 yrs, is a Holier Catholic Church, as the half hearted Catholics are replaced by serious Christians from the Evangelical camp.

Those who remain Protestant, will be the kind neither side needs. Stubborn and ignorant. I'm wondering if Christ is setting up His return, gathering the seeds for the final spiritual battle. He's giving current Catholics an ultimatum. I see it in how my own family is being split. Certain ones are drawn to the secular materialistic world. Others are becoming stronger Catholics and complete opposite of their siblings. This is alarming as Christ said He didn't come to unite families but divide them.
Anyway, its nice to hear from a potential convert. Was it the internet debate forums, like this one, that drew you towards Catholicism?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped
Imagine a 'church' with a hundred OldJG's in it. Then imagine one across the street with a hundred Pope Francis' in it. Scary.
I think I know which one I'm going to.

I think your hate is so deep rooted now it starts to feel 'right' to ya. That's how the devil works. That's how he infiltrates us.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Clay
Boston, MA......i see your visiting Boston again,you come to see the red sox play?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
Clay
Boston, MA......i see your visiting Boston again,you come to see the red sox play?
Nah, still in MN. We're getting a foot of snow tonight. The twins play this weekend and its going to be like December baseball.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys desperately want to get into a Bible verse warfare fight. Honestly, this seems to get your blood rushing, as you sling those passages at each other, as if you'd feel justified as you stand before God, because you saw verse chapter verse and you formed it to what you needed it to say.
The Catholic Church came before one line of the NT was written down. You can read some of the historical account in the Book of Acts. But not all of the details of the CC will be spelled out in Scripture. But all of the teachings are somehow seen in the 73 Books that make up the Bible.
You wrote

The Catholic Church came before one line of the NT was written down. You can read some of the historical account in the Book of Acts. But not all of the details of the CC will be spelled out in Scripture.

But all of the teachings are somehow seen in the 73 Books that make up the Bible.

~~~
Either produce them ...GIVE EVIDENCE or STOP WASTING MY TIME...

I CONTEND THAT ALL YOU ARE DOING IS BLOWING SMOKE...THAT YOU REALLY

HAVE NO PROOF...AND THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT ISSUE

THAT DECIDES THE ETERNAL DESTINY OF MY SOUL...

( IF YOU COME UP WITH SOMEONES ALLEGED HEARSAY ...THAT PROVES NOTHING...)

I have given you books chapters and verses ....to witness, and

validate what I have written.

THE ONLY WITNESSES ACCEPTABLE from you IS BOOKS CHAPTERS AND VERSES...

IF YOU CAN'T PRODUCE THEM, I AINT BUYING IT.

Jesus said..

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

I am free in the truth.. A joint heir with Christ...a fellow

citizen of the saints of the household of God.

I refuse to be involves in your divided loyalties.

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

I refuse to bring my self under the servitude to/OF an earthly dynasty...in ROME ITALY

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine a 'church' with a hundred OldJG's in it. Then imagine one across the street with a hundred Pope Francis' in it. Scary.
I think I know which one I'm going to.
I think your hate is so deep rooted now it starts to feel 'right' to ya. That's how the devil works. That's how he infiltrates us.
~~~

There are some of us here in this forum, that will be a part of

those that are mentioned in Revelation...

Rev_7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

If you get there you will come....> by the old cross road and the

way called straight...there is just on way through the pearly

gates <.... only through the blood of Jesus

AND NO ONE HAS A FRANCHISE NOR A MONOPOLY ON GOD'S LOVE AND GRACE..

not even a selfish ROMAN CATHOLIC, such as you.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm Baptist. And all I can do is pray that you grow in your faith and study history more. Everything I stated is ALSO taught by Baptist, except the priesthood and papal authority. No Protestant denomination denies the validity of the Early Church in its uniformity in doctrine. Gnostics, Arians, Cathars, and all other heretics are our heretics to us as well because of the same doctrines we share. No, the word Catholic was not used in Paul's time, of course, there was no "universal church" yet. But once many churches existed, that was the obvious thing to call all the Christian Churches.
And I'm sure you understood that I meant the Catholics wrote the New Testament, not the Old. Inspired by and breathed by God, but written by men. not dictated, as the Muslims claim with the Koran.
I'm sorry most of the myths you probably believed in are directly denied, but the truth is the truth.
OK, you are just an ignorant Baptist then. The Old Testament was written by Jews and the New Testament was written by Jews with the exception of Luke and Acts which were written by Dr. Luke, a gentile. You need to check your history. The ROMAN CATHOLIC cult or any of it's members did not write one word of the Bible. Not one.

Finally, the word "catholic", small "c" was and is the word for the UNIVERSAL church not the ROMAN CATHOLIC cult. The ROMAN CATHOLIC cult began with Constantine. Ever heard of him?

Marks of the New Testament church are revealed in

1. Its Head and Founder--CHRIST. He is the law-giver; the Church is only the executive.(Matthew 16:18; Colossians 1:18)

2. Its only rule of faith and practice--THE BIBLE.
(II Timothy 3:15-17)

3. Its name--"CHURCH," "CHURCHES."
(Matthew 16:18; Revelation 22:16)

4. Its polity--CONGREGATIONAL--all members equal.
(Matthew 20:24-28; Matthew 23:5-12)

5. Its members--only saved people.(Ephesians 2:21; I Peter 2:5)

6. Its ordinances--BELIEVERS' BAPTISM, FOLLOWED BY THE LORD'S SUPPER.(Matthew 28:19-20)

7. Its work--getting folks saved, baptizing them (with a baptism that meets all the requirements of God's Word), teaching them ("to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you").(Matthew 28:16-20)

8. Its financial plan--"Even so (TITHES and OFFERINGS) hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel," (I Corinthians 9:14)

9. Its weapons of warfare--spiritual, not carnal.
(II Corinthians 10:4; Ephesians 6:10-20)

10. Its independence--separation of Church and State.
(Matthew 22:21)

In any town there are many different churches all claiming to be the true church. Take the marks, or teachings, of the different churches and find the ones which have these marks, or doctrines. The ones which have these marks, or doctrines, taught in God's Word, are the true churches.

True Bible-Believing churches existed before the ROMAN CATHOLIC cult. The ROMAN CATHOLIC cult as we know it can trace its beginnings back to the Emperor Constantine in the forth century, AD. The true Church of God started at Pentecost in the first century, and there have been true Bible-believing churches ever since. Jesus said to the Apostles, "lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20). The birth of the New Testament church began at Pentecost.

If you have any questions check history.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro8--if your posts were (really) true catholic history,(as you claim), the Catholic Church wouldn't continue to be the largest Christian Church in the world, year after year (as it has been for over 2000 years)-NOR would it be growing "each and every year" at a rate exceeding 1.5% per year, so you see, there is "nothing valid" as to what you claim to be true...... It is all anti-catholic Protestant "hack" sources of "distorted and heretical "editorialize opinionated deception"----basically "fraudulent" (misrepresentation of fact). Or better yet termed "bible only" attempts to "re-write" and spin the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History--------- by "desperate and frustrated Protestants" who cannot come up with ANYTHING biblical or historicall TRUE to back up their contradicting and inconsistent sola scriptura "man-made beliefs!!
WRONG! it is the biggest christian/pagan church, Jesus did not put a name to his church, Ignatius did, Jesus was Jewish,there was a group of Jewish/Christians centuries ago but they came after Jesus' death,so he was a Jew, Rome conquered Israel,murdered,raped and pillaged the country,the pagan/christian leaders were right there stealing religious writings and artifacts (which should be given back to them)including the christian church of Antioch, so why would a Jew reward them by building "HIS" church in a pagan country that conquered his homeland ETC.? is it just me or does anyone else see something wrong with that picture? Jesus is the only head of His church (Eph. 1:22-23),the church calls the pope the Vicar of Christ on earth (no references in the Bible),that would mean two leaders of the true church,true? yes it would be true, but since there can only be one and jesus is the one according to the legend, the pope is a meaningless position in the religious world,he is the head of the man made pagan/christian church,which cares more for power and money than it does for it's followers,we know what proves that,so no need to mention it,tired of doing that."MY CHURCH" clearly spoken by Jesus and clearly written in the bible,there is no other name attached to the church neither spoken or written,so no man made church can not with 100% accuracy claim to be the true church.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think that your anti-catholic sources of "negativity" of which is "predicated upon" (spinning church history) the way you (modernistic "fundies") want it to be, is "now" suppose to be believed as true. You "fundies" have a 21st century "agenda" of RE- writing and "making up" your own Protestant "fictitious" Church History book, similiar to what a UCLA professor did in 1999 when he wrote a book claiming that the "Nazi-Jewish Holocaust"--NEVER EXISTED! This history writer "hack" did just what you "fundies" are attempting to do---rewrite, distort, manipulate and lie about 2000 years of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY. I/we as Catholics, will continue to follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of TRUE Church History from the documented and authenticated writings from the Early Church Fathers, the biographical Lives of the Saints, the Apologistic authors and historian writers (both CAtholic and Protestant), the Apostles, Bishops and Popes that followed them in Apostolic Succession, the confirmation of the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Doctrine of Encyclicals and the Catholic Catechism.......... You Jethro8 can believe all of your "made up" Protestant fictitious History legends that you can "dig up" which are filled with anti-catholic (vindictive) "negativity and heretical (myths). We as Catholics will turn to Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church and will CONTINUE to follow the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus, the TRUE Interpretation of the bible and 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY! Again--you and the rest of your bible only "fundies" continue to be like Peter before his true conversion to Jesus Christ----YOU FISH AND CATCH "NOTHING"!!
I post true church history and i ask you questions and you refuse to answer them because you can't refute the truth.if i was posting "made up" Protestant fictitious History legends,you would be able to prove my history wrong,and you can't.you post the same old thing relentlessly,no facts,no history no nothing,so what i'm posting has to be true otherwise you'd be jumping all over me with true historical facts,yet you don't no one does,so face it,you follow a church,nothing special about it except it's the most corrupt perverted church on earth,other than that it's just a fancy tourist trap...True Apostolic Catholic Church.....no such thing i proved that.....2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY!......has no meaning except to the church itself.and since they are very good at lying and cover ups,there history can not be trusted.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
OK Protestants, let's stop with the Catholic-bashing. While there may have been a legitimate reason to explode into separate churches during the time of Martin Luther, those days a long gone, and any reason or justification to remain separate now is very questionable. Were there many in the Church that were corrupt and unfaithful? Of course, always have been, and always will. Is that an excuse to leave it? No.
Undeniable facts. Jesus established one church. That's how God rolls, and always has. He did not make two tribes to be the priesthood, he made one, the Levites. There is only one priesthood, one moral authority, one God, one Church. All ancient records confirm this. The word "catholic" was used in the 1st Century, as was the Eucharist and everything else.
In Martin Luther's days, they didn't have the means to confirm much of this. So a lot of nonsense erupted that is proven untrue now. Modern evidence confirms more than ever that the Catholic Church, or at the very LEAST, the Orthodox Church, had it right.
What really irks me is that most Catholics are not Catholics, and many Protestants are more Catholic than Catholics. And yet, what irks me even more, is that far ... FAR more protestors are out there in front of Planned Parenthood, or at the Walk for Life, then evangelicals. Why is that?
And guess what? Even the Catholic philosopher Peter Kreeft acknowledges that Protestants DO have something going, they have the Holy Spirit, and that is why Latin Americans are leaving the Catholics and going Protestant in great numbers. He admits this. A Catholic.
So, does that mean we should remain divided? Or try and unite the Holy Spirit and the One True Church again? More than ever, in this day in age, we must unite. That means putting aside your pride and your hubris. That means Catholics better stop saying they are proud to be Catholic, and start calling yourself Christians, as that is what you really are. And that means Protestant or Evangelicals need to stop with the misinformation and lies you keep spouting about your Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
jesus states he is going to build a church,no name just "my church" where you learn his fathers word,never mentions creating a religion,just talks about spreading his fathers word,so a reality check says man created religion, not god or jesus.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, still in MN. We're getting a foot of snow tonight. The twins play this weekend and its going to be like December baseball.
you can have the snow,i'm done with that,need rain to help get my plants growing.yard needs a lot of work since the flood washed everything away.i'm not much of a baseball fan,i am a vikings fan though,have been since the 60's and i'm a patriots fan also. well good luck to the twins if they get to play.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG! it is the biggest christian/pagan church, Jesus did not put a name to his church, Ignatius did, Jesus was Jewish,there was a group of Jewish/Christians centuries ago but they came after Jesus' death,so he was a Jew, Rome conquered Israel,murdered,raped and pillaged the country,the pagan/christian leaders were right there stealing religious writings and artifacts (which should be given back to them)including the christian church of Antioch, so why would a Jew reward them by building "HIS" church in a pagan country that conquered his homeland ETC.? is it just me or does anyone else see something wrong with that picture? Jesus is the only head of His church (Eph. 1:22-23),the church calls the pope the Vicar of Christ on earth (no references in the Bible),that would mean two leaders of the true church,true? yes it would be true, but since there can only be one and jesus is the one according to the legend, the pope is a meaningless position in the religious world,he is the head of the man made pagan/christian church,which cares more for power and money than it does for it's followers,we know what proves that,so no need to mention it,tired of doing that."MY CHURCH" clearly spoken by Jesus and clearly written in the bible,there is no other name attached to the church neither spoken or written,so no man made church can not with 100% accuracy claim to be the true church.
For those that believe in Jesus, christians to this day still argue over who killed him. Wouldn't christians at least know that information?

We know through historical records there were many men in Judea 2,000 years ago claiming to be the messiah. Why weren't they rounded up and crucified?

Back in the day historical records indicate that Jews did not crucify people but stoned them to death. Romans crucified people.

Christians claim they know Jesus, but don't know his date of birth, don't know what he did to support himself (his father supposedly a carpenter) don't know the date he died, and still don't know what group was responsible for his death if this man even existed.

There might have been a man who did good deeds back in the day, and if there was, christians have done everything to take his own heritage away, by taking the Jew out of this man making him their own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 416,261 - 416,280 of530,347
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

369 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Pegasus 255,763
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 717,162
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineM 223,298
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 6 min Liarboy 113
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min The Awakener 171,520
Are White men Scared to date Black women? #blac... (Apr '12) 55 min Famos 237
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 hr petesake kis 36,421
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Hidingfromyou 598,810
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr aalw 110