Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,812)

Showing posts 416,221 - 416,240 of512,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The Catholic church is the world's largest cult, hojo.
FALSE! The "reality" is---- that you bible only Protestant "fundies" are the worlds "biggest liars"!!..... I (personally know) from past experience from (living the sola scriptura lie for over 35 years) as a Protestant in (bible school, bible college and pre-theology seminar)....... Your (half-truth, half-heresy) Christian faith of "fundamental Protestantism" relies upon "concealing and convering up" (prior to the reformation) the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History using "deception,and fraud and then creating your own "fictitious" personal opinion interpretation of the bible-- "making it mean" ONLY what you (fundies)"want it to mean"!!!.... As soon as I began to personally investigate and "PRAYFULLY" research and study over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History (during a 4 year period of pre-theology study) from the historical documented writings by the originating Early Church Fathers, and the historian Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant).. the TRUTH of Protestant bible only "fraud" became a reality!!....Anti-catholic hate and vengeance by "fundamentalist" who are hostile toward Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Catholic Church is based ENTIRELY upon (attacking) the Historical and biblical TRUTH of the Bible and TRUE Church History, with "nothing more than hostile personal opinions", that has "absolutely' no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of their "editorialized judgmental opinions"! You "fundies" deceive yourselves as you "attempt to deceive others"!!
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
cont
Loving God with all our heart, all our soul and all our strength is not an easy path (Luke 13:24). Yes, the life of a Christian is a life of joy, despite trials, and a life that anticipates great joy (2 Corinthians 7:4; Revelation 22:16-17). But we should not expect our life in this world to be easy, or successful and fulfilling in a worldly sense. The world is at enmity with Christ, and is therefore also at enmity with His followers (John 15:18-19). The world will tell us to be someone, to achieve, to live the good life in this world. All that is a lie. It does not bring fulfillment but only pain and disappointment to those who give their lives to it (1 Timothy 6:9-10).
Conversely, the life of a Christian should be characterized by moment-by-moment selfless service to God that flows from love for Him and His people. That is what it means to put God first. Any wealth that comes our way should be used to generously give (Mark 10:21), any success or influence or talents that we have should be used to multiply His influence (Matthew 25:14-30), and any strength or health we enjoy should be spent in His service (Philippians 2:14-17; Mark 8:35).
gotquestions.org
--- LTM ; Brilliant; agree; and helpful; and we will meet in Heaven...Thankyou...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

many many will come in my name..its not me..no
as well who told you that place for jesus and his mother..no any place even today some
who is in heaven..posessors decivers..

tell me why i am liar..byyyyyyyyyy

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="parrot/hojo"] <quoted text>
You are "blind" to the TRUTH of Apostolic Church History! The Catholic Church has been "in place" beginning with Jesus Christs 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2). You have told "many times: that the word Catholic was referred to,m beginning in 060AD and has been referred to "continuously" for over 2000 years. When Jesus (the Word) initiated His One (and only one) True (Universal) Church--there was "only one" Universal (WORD) Church at that time and it was Catholic which means Universal. In the Gospel reading today (the book of John) Jesus "specifically said" that many healings, activities and events that occurred and performed by HIM were not mentioned in this book. So why does the word "Catholic' have to mentioned in the bible, just like the word "trinity" or the Apostles creed or many other words. You, jethro8 are so "stuck" on your anti-catholic (editorialized opinions), that the "reality of Church History" after the book of Revelations, has (again) "blinded you to the TRUTH of reality"! The Bible is not, nor ever has been, the source of ALL TRUTH, in which God chose to transmit HIS infallible and inspired words of TRUTH!! This is "exactly why" it is a waste of time, to deal with bible only historically and biblically "blinded buffoons" such as you!!![/QUOTE]obviously you don't read my posts or you choose to ignore true history,the church of Antioch became a catholic church because Rome conquered the country and gave the "christian" church to the P/C church,it is basically being held hostage by the pagan/christian church,and again you avoid the truth an refuse to give me an answer as to how you can have true apostolic lineage if the papal chair is bought and paid for? which it was for pope LEO X, it doesn't make sense,that should be obvious to everyone except you,you prefer blinders when it comes to the truth,that is proven by the fact you refuse to answer my questions,you give the same old speech over an over again,but never any true authenticated history,church history means nothing because it can not be corroborated by the scriptures or the bible,all traditions and most all beliefs of the church are false,they are only true to the church and that is all.
FoxNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

**ISRAEL Discoveries PROVE JESUS' RETURN ----

http://youtu.be/JO2gm1pFtrs

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your anti-catholic editoralized sources of heresy, lies and distorting the TRUTH Of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY. Go argue, debate and complain to your other 42,000 bible only Protestant Propagandists. This discussion is over!!!!
the history of the popes is Protestant Propaganda? i didn't know that,that seems odd since catholic historians wrote the book,and add to it every papal change... Pope Leo X (1475 – 1521)
Often associated with Martin Luther and the upheavals of the Protestant Reformation, Pope Leo X is also well-known for being one of the most lavish, uncontrollable spenders who ever headed the Christian church. A famous phrase attributed to Leo aptly illustrates his greatest priority:“Since God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it.” According to Alexandre Dumas,“Christianity assumed a pagan character” as Leo doggedly pursued worldly pleasures.

Born Giovanni di Lorenzo de Medici, Leo came from a powerful family and enjoyed early favors that helped him acquire the papal throne by the time he was 37. A patron of the arts, education, and charity, Leo certainly deserves to be recognized for elevating the church’s status, but his preference for money and political advancement rapidly exhausted the treasury. So financially unstable did his position become that he was eventually forced to pawn off furniture, jewels, and statues from the palace, as well as borrow huge sums of money from creditors (who were ultimately ruined when he died).....Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)Benedict IX, born Theophylactus of Tusculum, is known mainly for two things: 1) he held office on three separate occasions, and 2) he is the only pope who ever sold the papacy (to his own godfather, of all people).

Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son. With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.

Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.

“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”
JETHRO: HISTORY OF THE POPES SOLD IN HARD AND PAPERBACK EDITIONS.UPDATED EVERY PAPAL CHANGE.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

FoxNews wrote:
**ISRAEL Discoveries PROVE JESUS' RETURN ----
http://youtu.be/JO2gm1pFtrs
a you tube video of Israel pumping oil out of the sea proves Jesus' return?? how do you figure that? the only good thing that could happen is we can buy oil off them for a cheaper price or trade weapons for oil and bring the price down.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Rick Warren's son commits suicide.
Matthew Warren battled depression for yrs and the 27 yr old son of the popular Evangelical Pastor ended his life the other day.
I've always admired Rick Warren, and my heartfelt prayers go to his son and family. What struck this story as sad, besides the suicide, was what Matthew told his dad a few months ago when he had suicidal thoughts. He said, "Dad, I Know I'm going to Heaven, why can't I just do it?"
Really?
Matthew, you were lied to when your Dad told you that faith alone is all that is needed for salvation. I pray your in Heaven, but the fact is, you didn't cooperate with the grace God gave you. You are not the author of life, God is. You didn't have the right to end the life He gave You. Your last act of this miracle of life, was murder. Perhaps if you'd heard the correct Gospel, you wouldn't have erroneously thought you're guaranteed salvation after your alter call at your Dads Church.. I admire your Dads zeal for Christ and his attempt at proclaiming if truth to the best of his ability. But Matthew, your Dad Rick is no authority on sacred scriptures. He is not guided to truth by the Holy Spirit when interpreting the Gospel. He may have cost you your life by his unauthoritative opinion on Sola Fide. He led you down the wrong path.
Wake up Evangelicals. You have no business interpreting sacred scriptures.
Amazing -- how much religion does it take to dance on the grave of someone who just committed suicide -- all because you have no way to prove a delusion?

Mystical delusions will make people say things they would rarely say otherwise.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>There is some truth to what you say,but the fact still remains,that no matter how dumb we are in being led,G O D Himself interrupts our delusions of Him by showing Himslef every so often as being the opposite of our delusion.YES religious have delusions,but the Bible along with the Spirit of Truth OFTEN interfere with our misconception of WHO and What God is in truth.
For centuries many people would never consider that God is a loving FATHER,but now we have the greatest inspiration of knowing that He in fact is a loving Father.You might want to consider that as well,since no doubt you had a father.EVEN if he might not have been a loving one,a father represents one who protects and cares for those in his charge.
You bring up evil men like Hitler and Mussolini,and there are so many more,the thing is our society is ripe for a demigog despot as well.What will be the reason for his or her rise to power?
Believing in God does not destroy ones intellect,it opens it up to realms that go beyond your limited scope of thinking,you should consider believing,it is your choice.
Why make such a negative assumption?

Where did I ever say that believing in god destroys one's intellect? I honestly don't recall writing that.

Now I believe Martin Luther wrote - "Reason should be destroyed in all Christians."

Maybe you are confusing me with Martin Luther?

PS -- I believe fundamentalist positions do take the place of intellect. I don't believe the intellect is destroyed. Some chose top ignore it. Consider mass hysteria and lynch mobs.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, immigrants are God's children too!! First immigrants…the Spaniards and Christopher Columbus!
Your not only a bigot you’re a racist too!
Incorrect.

History is being re-written - Columbus was not the first to set foot in teh New World.

If one is to account for these archeological finds, then one would also have to account that there were European decendants in the country prior to the 12th Century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_Unearthe...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Rick Warren's son commits suicide.
Matthew Warren battled depression for yrs and the 27 yr old son of the popular Evangelical Pastor ended his life the other day.
I've always admired Rick Warren, and my heartfelt prayers go to his son and family. What struck this story as sad, besides the suicide, was what Matthew told his dad a few months ago when he had suicidal thoughts. He said, "Dad, I Know I'm going to Heaven, why can't I just do it?"
Really?
Matthew, you were lied to when your Dad told you that faith alone is all that is needed for salvation. I pray your in Heaven, but the fact is, you didn't cooperate with the grace God gave you. You are not the author of life, God is. You didn't have the right to end the life He gave You. Your last act of this miracle of life, was murder. Perhaps if you'd heard the correct Gospel, you wouldn't have erroneously thought you're guaranteed salvation after your alter call at your Dads Church.. I admire your Dads zeal for Christ and his attempt at proclaiming if truth to the best of his ability. But Matthew, your Dad Rick is no authority on sacred scriptures. He is not guided to truth by the Holy Spirit when interpreting the Gospel. He may have cost you your life by his unauthoritative opinion on Sola Fide. He led you down the wrong path.
Wake up Evangelicals. You have no business interpreting sacred scriptures.
Can you teach me on how to judge others righteously?

You sure seem to do it well here.

*sighs*
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>obviously you don't read my posts or you choose to ignore true history an refuse to give me an answer as to how you can have true apostolic lineage if the papal chair is bought and paid for? which it was for pope LEO X, it doesn't make sense,that should be obvious to everyone except you,
WHAT IS "obvious" to me, as well as over 1 Billion Catholics around the world (and to every Catholic on this forum) is that "everything you post" is based upon "your own vindictive and hostile" anti-catholic hate for Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church..... Distorting the truth of the bible, manipulating TRUE Church History, altering and misrepresenting "biblical and historical proven TRUTH is what you "fundies" rely upon in spreading your anti-Catholic (snake oil)"propaganda".
Rather than read the Catholic Church Encyclical and/or the Catholic Catechism and "discover the TRUTH" which "debunks" every blatant lie and heresy that you so "ignorantly have chosen to spread", it is obvious that you would prefer to continue to "live the Protestant lie" like the rest of your 42,000 bible only "relative truth" fundamentalist, where your "personal (editorialized0 opinions" are the final authority!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the history of the popes is Protestant Propaganda? i didn't know that,that seems odd since catholic historians wrote the book.
Just like you "fundies" do with everything else in Church History, you take the TRUE originals written by accredited Catholic Historians and Apologists and then "re-write" the accounts and events, in order to fit your "anti-catholic/pro-protes tant (made-up) fictitious History books. You do it also with the bible when it comes to "re-interpreting the TRUE and original translation of Sacred Scripture from the Early Church Fathers, who formed the "original Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD, giving you "fundies" the bible that you "conveniently manipulate and distort---to your own DEMISE and DESTRUCTION!!! This is better known as BIBLE ONLY interpretation (for better yet-BIBLE ONLY mis-interpretation)---------wh ich is just "making it up, as you go along".......The fact is that you "fundies" aren't fooling ANYONE but yourselves, after living this "sola scriptura lie" for over 35 years!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

''where is error will be truth''..yeeee thatcherisam

poor me

she will pray for me now..

how many times i died

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

truth wrote:
''where is error will be truth''..yeeee thatcherisam
poor me
she will pray for me now..
how many times i died
According to Paul you should Die Daily !!!!

1 Corinthians 15:31.

I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

1 Cor 15:32 (KJV)
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof, again, that you view the Sacred Infallible Word of God as being fallible..
When you move the comma to make the verse say what you erroneous believe, you are altering His Word..you have taken away from and added to His Word...
Punctuation was not in the original writings. So shifting a comma is hardly addin to or taking away from scripture.

If you believe scripture to be infallible, which version is it?

There are errors in many different versions.

They can hardly be all correct.

Which version is infallible?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
096 073
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct...but and however, you failed to mention that this was done according to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
So...for anyone to say that the comma is in the wrong place, is accusing the Holy Spirit of God of a gross error.....
I have gone on record as saying, and I repeat my words...the comma is in the correct place....
Punctuation was done by some abbot as he rode on a donkey.

Only the scripture is inspired. Not the punctuation which can vary in various versions, languages and translations.

If as you say the comma IS in the correct place, we have a dilemma.
Jesus was NOT in Paradise on Good Friday. Scriptures prove this.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Isaiah 66:22-23

22. For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

The TRUE Sabbath of the 10 Commandments?

Or a false Sabbath instituted by a pope Constantine I?
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

History has shown all gods to be delusions.

It is extremely hard for a Christian believer to process this data, but nonetheless it is true.

Reality 101...

All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen other religions.

Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints.

Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus.

Virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions.

Nothing in Christianity is original. December 25 is also the birthday of Mithras, Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

All delusions.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

The Apostles kept a seventh day Sabbath.

In regard to the Sabbath, Christ says, "The Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath."

Not a Sabbath, but the Sabbath.

So how can the Lord’s Day be anything other than the Sabbath?

Christ says also, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Mark 2:27, 28.

He does not say, the Sabbath was made for the Jews, and a Sabbath for the Gentiles, but "THE Sabbath was made for man."--All mankind.

Some may think that our first day, is in reality the seventh, but this is settled when we examine Matt. 28:1, and Luke 23:56, & 24:1, where a plain distinction is made between the two days. Matt. says, "In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week," etc.

Luke says, "And rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment. Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning," etc.

After having examined the ancient custom in relation to the first day, we will now see what it was in regard to the seventh or Sabbath.
The first passage I will notice, is the one just quoted in Luke 23:56

"And they returned and prepared spices and ointments, and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment." Mark this: "And rested the Sabbath day, ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT.

Acts 13:42, says, "And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles* besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath."
Verse 44, "And the next Sabbath-day came almost the whole city together, to hear the word of God. "

Acts 16:13, "And on the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made."

Chap. 17:2 "And Paul as his manner was; went in unto them, and three Sabbath-days reasoned with them out of the scriptures." This says, "as his manner was."

28:4, "And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath and persuaded the Jews and Greeks." This is "every Sabbath."

11th verse, "And he continued there a year and six months." Now if it was Paul's "manner" to reason in the synagogue "EVERY Sabbath,"
He must have in this place, observed seventy-eight Sabbaths.

It is evident that Christ had his eye on the observance of Sabbath, as late certainly as A. D. 70, when Jerusalem was destroyed when he said: "Pray ye that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath-day. " Matt. 24:20.

But if this "tribulation" spoken of, has reference to the "Papal persecution," as many believe, then they were directed in the observance of the Sabbath, to a much later period. Paul in Heb. 4:4, says, "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works," ...--Not the first, but the seventh day.

OK, ignore what scripture teaches at your own peril (or ignorance) if you persist.
Follow men's tradition if that's what you think is correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 416,221 - 416,240 of512,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

648 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min RiversideRedneck 680,255
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 5 min Harrison Freebird 52,514
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 7 min Dr Shrink 32,860
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Dang It 109,602
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min EdmondWA 89,575
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 13 min ashley 253
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min Dr Shrink 38,019
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min sweets2360 217,042
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 12 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••