Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687466 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#432099 Apr 11, 2013
If Roman Catholics sincerely believe that Christ is present in the Eucharist, is there any great harm done? Certainly. The 1996 Catechism of the Catholic Church states that, in the Mass, Roman Catholic communicants receive heavenly food that nourishes their souls and serves as an antidote against sin. Also promised in the Eucharist is the source and summit of the whole Christian life, the source of salvation, Christ Himself (see paragraphs 1324-1327, 1395 & 1405 of the new 1996 Catechism). Transubstantiation is therefore a dangerous deception. In reality all that communicants receive is a wafer of unleavened bread. However, not only does the Mass not give them salvation, it hinders them from understanding and receiving true salvation. While a person partly or wholly depends on the Mass for salvation, they will never turn in repentance and receive true salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

Furthermore, transubstantiation encourages the sin of idolatry. Millions are directed by Rome to worship the Eucharist ‘‘with supreme adoration’’(paragraphs 1378-1381). As if this were not serious enough, the Mass further claims to be not merely a symbolic ritual, but an actual sacrifice. In the ‘offering of the Mass’ there is a real victim, the Lord Jesus, under the appearance of bread and wine. Rome teaches that the sacrifice of the Mass and the sacrifice of the cross are one and the same. When the priest offers up the bread and wine on the altar, it is considered by Rome to be a true and proper sacrifice whereby Jesus, in an unbloody immolation, offers Himself a most acceptable victim to God, as He did on the cross, for the sins of the living and the dead. Any Roman Catholic Catechism will confirm this. Roman Catholics take the Mass in order to receive the benefits of the sacrifice of the cross. It is a sacramental part of their salvation.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#432100 Apr 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you stop reading at verse 59? Keep reading. You might learn something. Read John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
Can you get a grip on this verse or did it just go over your head?
Typical "fundy"! Cherry pick a bible verse (out of context) and make it mean "only what YOU want it to mean" and then "run with it"! The entire section of John 6:47-59 clearly confirms and substantiates the TRUE MEANING of what Jesus HIMSELF says, "For unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you cannot have eternal life. But anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood, HAS eternal life--and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is "real food" and my blood is "real drink". Everyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood is in me and I in him. I am the TRUE bread from heaven and anyone who eats this bread shall live forever. Yes I am the TRUE bread of life and whoever eats this bread, which is real food will have eternal life. This bread is my "real flesh, given to redeem humanity! OLDJG--I suggest you "get a grip" on the REALITY of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and the TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, instead of "making it up as you go along, all 42,000 of you bible only "self interpreting-editorialists "!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432101 Apr 11, 2013
Eucharist...

2Sa 23:15 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!
2Sa 23:16 And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the LORD.
2Sa 23:17 And he said, Be it far from me, O LORD, that I should do this: IS THIS NOT THE BLOOD OF THE MEN THAT WENT IN JEOPARDY OF THEIR LIVES? therefore he would not drink it.

Denominations: Jesus said that, "I am the Vine, YOU are the BRANCHES."

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#432102 Apr 11, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>there was NEVER any conversation between us. I was to afraid to say anything. I had my mind made up that if He looked at me, I was jumping out.
but ONE thing that I will never forget is His eyes.
I love how you wish to mock me. to your regret someday, you will realize your folly.
there you go !!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432103 Apr 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
If Roman Catholics sincerely believe that Christ is present in the Eucharist, is there any great harm done? Certainly. The 1996 Catechism of the Catholic Church states that, in the Mass, Roman Catholic communicants receive heavenly food that nourishes their souls and serves as an antidote against sin. Also promised in the Eucharist is the source and summit of the whole Christian life, the source of salvation, Christ Himself (see paragraphs 1324-1327, 1395 & 1405 of the new 1996 Catechism). Transubstantiation is therefore a dangerous deception. In reality all that communicants receive is a wafer of unleavened bread. However, not only does the Mass not give them salvation, it hinders them from understanding and receiving true salvation. While a person partly or wholly depends on the Mass for salvation, they will never turn in repentance and receive true salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
Furthermore, transubstantiation encourages the sin of idolatry. Millions are directed by Rome to worship the Eucharist ‘‘with supreme adoration’’(paragraphs 1378-1381). As if this were not serious enough, the Mass further claims to be not merely a symbolic ritual, but an actual sacrifice. In the ‘offering of the Mass’ there is a real victim, the Lord Jesus, under the appearance of bread and wine. Rome teaches that the sacrifice of the Mass and the sacrifice of the cross are one and the same. When the priest offers up the bread and wine on the altar, it is considered by Rome to be a true and proper sacrifice whereby Jesus, in an unbloody immolation, offers Himself a most acceptable victim to God, as He did on the cross, for the sins of the living and the dead. Any Roman Catholic Catechism will confirm this. Roman Catholics take the Mass in order to receive the benefits of the sacrifice of the cross. It is a sacramental part of their salvation.
indeed, count me as one who worships the Eucharist. After all, Our Lord Jesus Christ held it up and said, "This is my Body".

You undid what he said after you declared yourself a Deacon. That doesn't justify it brother.

What was taught was taught. You and the other heretics have no business telling anyone what sacred scripture means.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#432104 Apr 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical "fundy"! Cherry pick a bible verse (out of context) and make it mean "only what YOU want it to mean" and then "run with it"! The entire section of John 6:47-59 clearly confirms and substantiates the TRUE MEANING of what Jesus HIMSELF says, "For unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you cannot have eternal life. But anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood, HAS eternal life--and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is "real food" and my blood is "real drink". Everyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood is in me and I in him. I am the TRUE bread from heaven and anyone who eats this bread shall live forever. Yes I am the TRUE bread of life and whoever eats this bread, which is real food will have eternal life. This bread is my "real flesh, given to redeem humanity! OLDJG--I suggest you "get a grip" on the REALITY of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and the TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, instead of "making it up as you go along, all 42,000 of you bible only "self interpreting-editorialists "!!
How is it out of context, HOHO? And what is the 'true' context if Ox has missed it? You are a 'buffoon'.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#432105 Apr 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the Catholic church is the prophecy of Malachi Fulfilled.

Irenaeus
"He took from among creation that which is bread, and gave thanks, saying,‘This is my body.’ The cup likewise, which is from among the creation to which we belong, he confessed to be his blood. He taught the new sacrifice of the new covenant, of which Malachi, one of the twelve [minor] prophets, had signified beforehand:‘You do not do my will, says the Lord Almighty, and I will not accept a sacrifice at your hands.

((For from the rising of the sun to its setting my name is glorified among the Gentiles, and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a pure sacrifice; for great is my name among the Gentiles, says the Lord Almighty’[Mal. 1:10–11]. By these words he makes it plain that the former people will cease to make offerings to God; but that in every place sacrifice will be offered to him, and indeed, a pure one, for his name is glorified among the Gentiles" (Against Heresies 4:17:5 [A.D. 189]).
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#432106 Apr 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that the Apostles quote the OT is not proof. The OT was written before they wrote the NT.
We are still relying on the authority of the Catholic Church. The teaching Magistrium and hierarchy set up by the Apostles put together a Christian set of scriptures in Rome at the start of the 5th century. They did so despite never being instructed by Christ nor His Apostles to do it. If you think Christ commanded the Apostles write epistles and memoirs for a Bible, could you please provide Book, Chapter and verse where He says it.
Could you also provide Book, Chapter, verse where Our Lord commands which Books - old or new - should be included in a Christian Bible?
How about any writings from Christianity before the council of Hippo, that speak of any certain collection of Books?
How about any writings before Martin Luther or Calvin that speak of Sola Scripture as a teaching of Christianity???
"Be not carried away by varied and strange teachings"
Apostle Paul in letter to the Hebrews 13:9
All scropture Old and New written by the Prophets and th Apostles was documented long before the 5th Century in fact it was so in the first century during their life time.

It is written

Psalm 119:105

King James Version (KJV)

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

The terms of the New Covenant, in effect from the moment of the death of Jesus, and not subject to change by anyone, are the Ten Commandments of God. The Ark of the Covenant / Ark of the Testimony contained the substance or terms of both covenants, the Ten Commandments

Jeremiah 31:31

Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 32:40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.

Jeremiah 33:14 "'The days are coming,' declares the LORD,'when I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel and Judah.

Jeremiah 50:4 "In those days, at that time," declares the LORD, "the people of Israel and the people of Judah together will go in tears to seek the LORD their God.

Ezekiel 37:26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever.

Romans 2:28-29

King James Version (KJV)

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#432107 Apr 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that the Apostles quote the OT is not proof. The OT was written before they wrote the NT.
We are still relying on the authority of the Catholic Church. The teaching Magistrium and hierarchy set up by the Apostles put together a Christian set of scriptures in Rome at the start of the 5th century. They did so despite never being instructed by Christ nor His Apostles to do it. If you think Christ commanded the Apostles write epistles and memoirs for a Bible, could you please provide Book, Chapter and verse where He says it.
Could you also provide Book, Chapter, verse where Our Lord commands which Books - old or new - should be included in a Christian Bible?
How about any writings from Christianity before the council of Hippo, that speak of any certain collection of Books?
How about any writings before Martin Luther or Calvin that speak of Sola Scripture as a teaching of Christianity???
Jeremiah 31:

33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

35Thus says the LORD, who gives the sun for a light by day, and the fixed order of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who divides the sea when its waves roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

36If those fixed orders depart from before me, says the LORD, then the descendants of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me forever.

Mark 14:24 "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them.
----------
Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
----------
1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."
----------
2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
----------
Hebrews 8:8 But God found fault with the people and said: "The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
----------
Hebrews 10:16 "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."
----------
Hebrews 10:17 Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#432108 Apr 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 3:1-5

King James Version (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#432109 Apr 11, 2013
Jesus is not Catholic. Jesus is not Orthodox. Jesus is not Protestant. Jesus is not Born Again. Jesus is not Nondenominational. Jesus is GOD and more infinite love, mercy, justice, and good than any of us can claim Him.He is GOD.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#432110 Apr 11, 2013
2 Timothy 3

King James Version (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#432111 Apr 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
TO HOJO:. Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)
Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome....jethro:NOW PROVE TO ME APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION TRULY EXISTS??
Your "self opinionated anti-catholic sources of historical "spin" PROVES NOTHING!! ALL you have done is "dig up" distorted dirt, "desperately" attempting to prove your "ridiculous assertion" that Apostolic Succession doesn't exist!! Do I have to "individually list all 267 Popes beginning with St Peter in (32-67) down through the current Pope Francis, in order to "get it through your" disordered, confused and editorial (opinionated) mind"

Pope Benedict IX

The nephew of his two immediate predecessors, Benedict IX was a man of very different character to either of them. His father Alberic placed him upon it when a mere youth, not, however, apparently of only twelve years of age (according to Raoul Glaber, Hist., IV, 5, n. 17. Cf. V, 5, n. 26), but of about twenty (October, 1032). Of his pontifical acts little is known, except that he held two or three synods in Rome and granted a number of privileges to various churches and monasteries. He insisted that Bretislav, Duke of Bohemia, should found a monastery, for having carried off the body of St. Adalbert from Poland. In 1037 he went north to meet the Emperor Conrad and excommunicated Heribert, Archbishop of Milan, who was at emnity with him . Benedict, however,resigned his office into the hands of the Archpriest John Gratian . John was then elected pope and became Gregory VI (May, 1045). Benedict endeavoured to depose Gregory. This resulted in the intervention of King Henry III. Benedict, Sylvester, and Gregory were deposed at the Council of Sutri (1046) and a German bishop (Suidger) became Pope Clement II. After his speedy demise, Benedict again seized Rome (November, 1047), but was driven from it to make way for a second German pope, Damasus II (November, 1048). Of the end of Benedict it is impossible to speak with certainty. Some authors suppose him to have been still alive when St. Leo IX died, and never to have ceased endeavouring to seize the papacy. But it is more probable that the truth lies with the tradition of the Abbey of Grottaferrata, first set down by Abbot Luke, who died about 1085, and corroborated by sepulchral and other monuments within its walls. Writing of Bartholomew, its fourth abbot (1065), Luke tells of the youthful pontiff turning from his sin and coming to Bartholomew for guidance. On the saint's advice, Benedict definitely resigned the pontificate and died in penitence at Grottaferrata.[See "St. Benedict and Grottaferrata" (Rome, 1895), a work founded on the more important "De Sepulcro Benedicti IX", by Dom Greg. Piacentini (Rome, 1747).]
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#432112 Apr 11, 2013
NEW TESTAMENT

(Mat 19:16 KJV) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.[entole:G1785]
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

(Mark 10:19 KJV) Thou knowest the commandments [entole:G1785], Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

(Luke 18:20 KJV) Thou knowest the commandments [entole:G1785], Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Based on the above parallel verses in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, it seems clear that every instance of [entole:G1785] cited below in the New Testament refers specifically to the 10 Commandments of God:

(John 14:15 KJV) If ye love me, keep my commandments [entole:G1785].
(John 14:21 KJV) He that hath my commandments [entole:G1785], and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

(John 15:10 KJV) If ye keep my commandments [entole:G1785], ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments [entole:G1785], and abide in his love.

(1 John 5:2 KJV) By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments [entole:G1785].

(1 John 5:3 KJV) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments [entole:G1785]: and his commandments [entole:G1785] are not grievous.

(2 John 1:6 KJV) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments [entole:G1785]. This is the commandment [entole:G1785], That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

(Rev 12:17 KJV) And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments [entole:G1785] of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

(Rev 14:12 KJV) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments [entole:G1785] of God, and the faith of Jesus.

(Rev 22:14 KJV) Blessed are they that do his commandments [entole:G1785], that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The Ten Commandments of God are to be written in the hearts and minds of His people (The New Covenant in verity), the very seal of God on His people, and that includes the seventh day (Saturday) Sabbath commandment.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Will you as a professing Christian let God do as Heb. 8:10 and 10:16 says, or not? If not, will Hebrews 8:12 and 10:17 apply to you? Will you let the seal of God into your heart and mind? If not, aren't you really saying you reject the New Covenant? What do you think the results of that would be?

Prov 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Do you accept the terms of the New Covenant?

----------

Joe Crews' presentation on The Two Covenants (mp3) from the 1984 camp meeting in Bowden, Alberta Canada. He was the speaker director for Amazing Facts for nearly 30 years until his death in 1994.

http://biblelight.net/covenant-seal.htm
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#432113 Apr 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Eucharist...
2Sa 23:15 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!
2Sa 23:16 And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the LORD.
2Sa 23:17 And he said, Be it far from me, O LORD, that I should do this: IS THIS NOT THE BLOOD OF THE MEN THAT WENT IN JEOPARDY OF THEIR LIVES? therefore he would not drink it.
Denominations: Jesus said that, "I am the Vine, YOU are the BRANCHES."
KayMarie
Your comments have "absolutely no reference" at all to the SPOKEN AND STATED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in John 6:47-59 regarding the Eucharist (THE TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD of Jesus Christ HIMSELF
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#432114 Apr 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Eucharist...
Denominations: Jesus said that, "I am the Vine, YOU are the BRANCHES.
KayMarie
I will "repeat this again for you KayMarie)
Please tell (all of us) KM, where Jesus said that the bible is the "one and only" source of truth, that God chose to transmit His divine and infallible Word!!!(book, chapter and verse please)! The fact is that we, as Catholics, all know that "nowhere" in the bible does it say that we need to stick "only" to the bible to arrive a the TRUTH of Gods Word!------ HOWEVER what the bible (does say) is that we are to obey BOTH Scripture AND tradition in 2Thess 2:15 to hold fast to the traditions handed down to us from the Apostles, by word of mouth or the letter. The bible teaches that Scripture is the Word of God, but it also teaches that the apostolic tradition is Gods word as well whether by word of mouth or the letter. This tradition is different than the traditions of men, that Jesus condemned. We are to obey apostolic tradition and reject the human traditions that void Gods word. The Apostolic tradition is the oral teaching of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, handed on to His apostles and the teachings of the Apostles that was dictated to them by the Holy Spirit:-THERE WAS NO BIBLE, JESUS NEVER WROTE ANYTHING DOWN, and THERE WAS NO WRITTEN WORD OF GOD (as we know it today)--It was the oral teachings of Jesus that were taught by the Apostles (as Bishops, priests, elders and deacons) "Acts 2" in the Early Biblical Churches,(written in Pauls letters) beginning in Antioch, then in Corinth, Thessalonica, Philippi, Colossus, Ephesus, Galatia and on and on for over 2000 years. I suggest that you read how the Early Christians interpreted the Word of God and not your 21st century preachers. If you do KM, both you and your husband "are in for a (holy shock)!!!
truth

Australia

#432115 Apr 11, 2013
Your law is not my law as never been any rights Jesus confirm that..but i don't listen any law any more why should be..i don't see to much broken in that..no.

Your Creator left law trough time and space..is that your law which you created or you are who..created your law what you want to be rule..its not to bad your way as well..how many others not think like you..prestige is as words ..infinite.
Jesus words is perfection about no limit.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#432116 Apr 11, 2013
The correct theology of indulgences.
Abuses of indulgences.
Church's efforts to correct abuses of indulgences. From a Catholic Site:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07783a.htm
truth

Australia

#432117 Apr 11, 2013
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

see what i say
1/3

now

ohhhhhhh
why i am wrong
why
truth

Australia

#432118 Apr 11, 2013
if i need i will remove all of you
yes
who say that
not me
it is as it is

did we need this world
i think your creator fill sorry long time ago why you created simple like this as well with your innovation which you think its good as well popular
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo

you will go in one cooking bread much more high then sun..
now
do you liked me
no
why should be
then you will know about metla brkljaca meaning
sweep off
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 31,859
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Ringo 987,467
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Here For Now 619,795
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr ChromiuMan 6,496
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 7 hr Love Trump 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr SmokinJoe 4,319
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 8 hr Neil_Hines 3
More from around the web