Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,649
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431673 Apr 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Acts 12:4
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four squads of soldiers to keep him; intending after the passover to bring him forth to the people.
American King James Version
And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four squads of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
Douay-Rheims Bible
And when he had apprehended him, he cast him into prison, delivering him to four files of soldiers to be kept, intending, after the pasch, to bring him forth to the people.
New International Version (©2011)
After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the Passover.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then he imprisoned him, placing him under the guard of four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring Peter out for public trial after the Passover.
English Standard Version (©2001)
And when he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him over to four squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out to the people.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
When he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him to four squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out before the people.
Mark 14:1 Now the Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were scheming to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him.
Acts 12:3 When he saw that this met with approval among the Jews, he proceeded to seize Peter also. This happened during the Festival of Unleavened Bread.
Acts 12:5 So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.
Yeah how did the term Easter get in there ?
Most Christians know that the Infallible Word of God has the term Easter in there because the Holy Spirit inspired men to put it there!!!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431674 Apr 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have to lie to support your erroneous belief. Quote: You hang your belief on this ONE sentence.
On the contrary, Oxbow. Have I not quoted MANY verses?

Why do you continue in your error when there are OVERWHELMING numbers of verses proving sleep after death?
Then a resurrection.

1 Thessalonians 4:

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are <<asleep>>, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which <<sleep>> in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are <<asleep>>.

16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
And many of them that <<sleep>> in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.(Dan. 12:2).

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(John 5:29).
... and many more.

NOTHING to say we go straight to Heaven. Nothing.
If there is, where? A direct clear statement. Not inference or conjecture please.

Location hidden

#431675 Apr 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Explaining why it is in there proves it is referring to the pagan holiday rather thsan the passover. I is in the link provided by SOCCI.
http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_02...
Typical Catholic....denying the truth as found in the Infallible Word of God!!!!

Location hidden

#431676 Apr 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he went to hell. Only God will decide such a thing.
I said he was fed the wrong Gospel by a man who had no authority to teach him he was saved simply by believing on Jesus.
I'm sure he thought his suicide wouldn't factor into his salvation.
And please Kay, condemning people to hell (especially Catholics) is your husbands Ministry. He, like Rick Warren, hasn't the authority to determine sacred scriptures. If he is teaching people something contrary to what is Christ's will, then he'll need to answer to it. Its that simple.
God does not decide who goes to hell!!!! The individual, while he lives, makes that determination. God only provides the accommodations!!!

Quote: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Location hidden

#431677 Apr 7, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, Oxbow. Have I not quoted MANY verses?
Why do you continue in your error when there are OVERWHELMING numbers of verses proving sleep after death?
Then a resurrection.
1 Thessalonians 4:
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are <<asleep>>, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which <<sleep>> in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are <<asleep>>.
16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
And many of them that <<sleep>> in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.(Dan. 12:2).
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(John 5:29).
... and many more.
NOTHING to say we go straight to Heaven. Nothing.
If there is, where? A direct clear statement. Not inference or conjecture please.
You are in a dense fog....very dense..

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ didn't get it wrong: you did.
You hang your belief on this ONE sentence. I base mine and will continue to on MANY, MANY verses. Such as...
They praise not the Lord nor exercise mental powers.
Psa. 6:5 Psa. 115:17 Psa. 8:10-12
Eccl. 9:4-6 Psa. 146:4 Isa. 38:18,19
They do not live until the resurrection.
Rev 20:4-6 1 Cor. 15:12-21
WHAT COMFORTING ASSURANCE DOES GOD GIVE CONCERNING THE DEAD?
1. That they will all be resurrected. John 5:28-29 Rev. 20:11-15
2. That they will all ultimately receive fullness of life through the saving work of Jesus Christ.
1 Cor. 15:22-28 1 Tim. 2:3-6 Rom. 5:18,19 1 Tim. 4:9-11

Now you have to lie to support your erroneous belief. Quote: You hang your belief on this ONE sentence.

----------

Does not sound like something I said...does it?

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ didn't get it wrong: you did.
You hang your belief on this ONE sentence.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431678 Apr 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right i have no argument with what timothy 3:15 says,it says "The CHURCH",,not catholic church or any other named church,just the church...so what's your point in bring it up? the church,does not mean catholic church if your trying to imply that,that would be a lie....i'm not blind to see it, i just don't see it your way,which is the wrong way.
You are "blind" to the TRUTH of Apostolic Church History! The Catholic Church has been "in place" beginning with Jesus Christs 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2). You have told "many times: that the word Catholic was referred to,m beginning in 060AD and has been referred to "continuously" for over 2000 years. When Jesus (the Word) initiated His One (and only one) True (Universal) Church--there was "only one" Universal (WORD) Church at that time and it was Catholic which means Universal. In the Gospel reading today (the book of John) Jesus "specifically said" that many healings, activities and events that occurred and performed by HIM were not mentioned in this book. So why does the word "Catholic' have to mentioned in the bible, just like the word "trinity" or the Apostles creed or many other words. You, jethro8 are so "stuck" on your anti-catholic (editorialized opinions), that the "reality of Church History" after the book of Revelations, has (again) "blinded you to the TRUTH of reality"! The Bible is not, nor ever has been, the source of ALL TRUTH, in which God chose to transmit HIS infallible and inspired words of TRUTH!! This is "exactly why" it is a waste of time, to deal with bible only historically and biblically "blinded buffoons" such as you!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431679 Apr 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>look this up and you'll find the same thing i did " pope Leo X was not elected pope because his father bought the chair for him ahead of time?"...no succession exists.
More of your anti-catholic editoralized sources of heresy, lies and distorting the TRUTH Of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY. Go argue, debate and complain to your other 42,000 bible only Protestant Propagandists. This discussion is over!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#431680 Apr 7, 2013
40 days with devil temptation..
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#431681 Apr 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Catholic....denying the truth as found in the Infallible Word of God!!!!
LOL. It's hard to tell which one you hillbilies is dumber, but he/she is not catholic. It is one of your every day garden variety protestants quoting Jack Chick comic books. I have to say though rarely have I seen someone work as had as you to prove you are an idiot when it's so obvious. lol
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#431682 Apr 7, 2013
"What does putting God first really mean?"

Answer: It is common to hear people say “God first, family second, work third.” But what does it really mean to put God first? What does it mean to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength”(Deuteronomy 6:5)? If we are to actually follow this command, what would our lives look like?

Think for a moment about the impossibility of this command and of the standard God sets for us. When we do not follow His commands, it is sin. And, if we’re honest, we know that there has never been a moment when any of us have completely followed this command. As believers, we all love God to some degree, but we never succeed in loving Him with all of our being at every moment, as the command suggests we should. In Jesus’ life, on the other hand, there was never a moment when He was not loving God with all of His being. The only way we can do what He did is to, in some sense, become completely like Him.

But being sinners, in and of ourselves, that is impossible. But the good news is that He has made possible the impossible. He has exchanged our sinfulness for His righteousness on the cross, making us completely new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17-21). Now we are able to love as He loves because we are now in Him. Therefore, our only hope to succeed in putting God first is to begin by trusting fully in His promise to cover our sinfulness with His righteous life (1 John 4:10).

Knowing that Jesus’ life was perfect in regard to putting God first, we should look at the way He lived His life and imitate Him, attempting to “walk in the manner that He walked”(1 John 2:6). Jesus’ life was characterized by submission to the Father’s will, service to others, and prayer. It is interesting to note that Jesus never pursued worldly ambition in any way and never pursued the glory of this world. He had every gift, talent and ability to make Him the most famous and wealthiest man who ever lived. But there was only one goal which He considered worthy of His talents—the glory of the Father.

This should be an example to believers. The time, resources, energy, gifts, and knowledge of God that we’ve been given should be used not to gain influence, make money, or fuel pride, but instead to multiply glory for the Kingdom (Matthew 25:14-30) and to save the souls of the lost (2 Corinthians 5:20) as we trust in Him to protect us and provide for us (Matthew 6:31-33). As an example to those who believe throughout the ages, Jesus sought first the Kingdom of God, and laid down His life for His friends (John 10:11, 15:13). His life was a perfect picture of loving God with heart, soul and strength, putting Him first.

It is also interesting to note that we never see Jesus expressing His love for God by singing praise to God or dancing for joy. That is not to say that Jesus was not joyful. He was joyful. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit. Furthermore, Jesus knew that His actions on earth would mean God’s glory and the joy of His people, and we are told in Hebrews 12:2 that as He went to the cross He anticipated great joy and was even motivated by it. But the snapshot of Jesus’ life that we see in the Bible—the snapshot that we must assume God wanted us to see and emulate (1 Peter 2:21)—is not primarily a picture of freedom and happiness and songs and laughter. In fact, it seems that Jesus’ love for God was played out in most often in hardship, tears, sorrows, trials and ultimately a painful and horrific death.

cont
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#431683 Apr 7, 2013
cont
Loving God with all our heart, all our soul and all our strength is not an easy path (Luke 13:24). Yes, the life of a Christian is a life of joy, despite trials, and a life that anticipates great joy (2 Corinthians 7:4; Revelation 22:16-17). But we should not expect our life in this world to be easy, or successful and fulfilling in a worldly sense. The world is at enmity with Christ, and is therefore also at enmity with His followers (John 15:18-19). The world will tell us to be someone, to achieve, to live the good life in this world. All that is a lie. It does not bring fulfillment but only pain and disappointment to those who give their lives to it (1 Timothy 6:9-10).

Conversely, the life of a Christian should be characterized by moment-by-moment selfless service to God that flows from love for Him and His people. That is what it means to put God first. Any wealth that comes our way should be used to generously give (Mark 10:21), any success or influence or talents that we have should be used to multiply His influence (Matthew 25:14-30), and any strength or health we enjoy should be spent in His service (Philippians 2:14-17; Mark 8:35).
gotquestions.org
truth

Perth, Australia

#431685 Apr 7, 2013
you not service anyone
listen your mother and father
how much you listen your father in heaven
what a about poor mothers..how much respect and treat them billions children suffering because of man fault..
byyyyyy
you not respect life

human creation start where is life
in her is life

who stolen that position
old devil=stara zmija
possession=deceiver liar from beginning
when they find out they will set up fire hell
see

Location hidden

#431686 Apr 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. It's hard to tell which one you hillbilies is dumber, but he/she is not catholic. It is one of your every day garden variety protestants quoting Jack Chick comic books. I have to say though rarely have I seen someone work as had as you to prove you are an idiot when it's so obvious. lol
"but he/she is not catholic."....."It is one of your every day garden variety protestants quoting Jack Chick comic books".....have no idea what you are trying to say...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#431687 Apr 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"but he/she is not catholic."....."It is one of your every day garden variety protestants quoting Jack Chick comic books".....have no idea what you are trying to say...
Ignore Dust Storm - he/she never has anything worthwhile to contribute - only his/her ongoing hatred. That's a good Catholic? There are plenty of nice Catholics here who know how to disagree without resorting to nastiness. I don't think anyone takes Dusty seriously.

Location hidden

#431688 Apr 7, 2013
687 681
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore Dust Storm - he/she never has anything worthwhile to contribute - only his/her ongoing hatred. That's a good Catholic? There are plenty of nice Catholics here who know how to disagree without resorting to nastiness. I don't think anyone takes Dusty seriously.
Thanks for the advice....appreciate it...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#431689 Apr 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
687 681
<quoted text>
Thanks for the advice....appreciate it...
You'd have figured it out anyway :)

United States

#431690 Apr 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
-
-
Oxbow wrote:

-
-
There are hundreds of examples where Catholics *ignore* scripture, so they can justify what the Pope says - as if the Pope has some sort of hotline to God. Yeah - that must be it. Pope can dial up and ask God if it is OK to sanction torture, even though the Christian Greek scriptures prohibit such a thing, the Pope can overturn it sitting in his Papal Chair. Ex Cathedra is the special word for this. The Pope doesn't need to follow the scriptures because he has a hotline to God and a chair with some sort of magical powers that renders the Christian Greek Scripture null and void - except, of course, Matthew 16:18, which is taken completely out of context by the church.
-
So they rail against and mock those who back up their belief system by quoting Jesus Christ himself and call it "Sola Scriptura" ..
well ... it's time we formulate an equivalent comeback to that ..
-
Protestants use scripture to back themselves up: "Sola Scriptura". Catholics use the Pope to back themselves up: "Ignore-a Scriptura".
-
But in *ignoring the scripture* they ignore the VERY WORDS OF CHRIST AND OF GOD.
-
and they call themselves Christian.
-
When they ignore what Christ said and absolutely go against Christ's words, how can they possibly call themselves Christian?

United States

#431691 Apr 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
your right i have no argument with what timothy 3:15 says,it says "The CHURCH",,not catholic church or any other named church,just the church...so what's your point in bring it up? the church,does not mean catholic church if your trying to imply that,that would be a lie....i'm not blind to see it, i just don't see it your way,which is the wrong way.
-
-
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are "blind" to the TRUTH of Apostolic Church History! The Catholic Church has been "in place" beginning with Jesus Christs 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2). You have told "many times: that the word Catholic was referred to,m beginning in 060AD and has been referred to "continuously" for over 2000 years. When Jesus (the Word) initiated His One (and only one) True (Universal) Church--there was "only one" Universal (WORD) Church at that time and it was Catholic which means Universal. In the Gospel reading today (the book of John) Jesus "specifically said" that many healings, activities and events that occurred and performed by HIM were not mentioned in this book. So why does the word "Catholic' have to mentioned in the bible, just like the word "trinity" or the Apostles creed or many other words. You, jethro8 are so "stuck" on your anti-catholic (editorialized opinions), that the "reality of Church History" after the book of Revelations, has (again) "blinded you to the TRUTH of reality"! The Bible is not, nor ever has been, the source of ALL TRUTH, in which God chose to transmit HIS infallible and inspired words of TRUTH!! This is "exactly why" it is a waste of time, to deal with bible only historically and biblically "blinded buffoons" such as you!!!
-
-
The Catholic church is the world's largest cult, hojo. It's "history" is blackened by all the murders and the blood of all the martyrs who died at the order of Popes throughout history. That is the "history" of the 'church'. The Apostles had NOTHING to do with that and to lump the Apostles in with Popes who have ordered the torture and murder of Christian martyrs, is blasphemy.

United States

#431692 Apr 8, 2013
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-fai...

3 more Philadelphia priests removed from ministry following allegations in sex scandal

By Associated Press, Published: April 7

PHILADELPHIA — Three more priests were permanently removed from ministry by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia on Sunday, including one whose accuser killed himself after his allegation was dismissed by church officials.

The Revs. Joseph Gallagher and Mark Gaspar were suspended following a scathing 2011 grand jury report that ultimately led to the landmark conviction of a high-ranking archdiocese official on child endangerment charges. Two other priests and a Catholic school teacher were also convicted.

The February 2011 grand jury report prominently named Gallagher as a priest who remained in ministry despite apparently credible allegations of abuse. The grand jury said the archdiocese had found the allegation against him unsubstantiated despite the accuser’s “obvious credibility.”

“Our only problem is that it took so long,” Marci Hamilton, the attorney for the family of Daniel Neill, said Sunday. NEILL COMMITTED SUICIDE in 2009, less than a year AFTER BEING TOLD HIS ALLEGATION COULDN'T BE SUBSTANTIATED.

“Gallagher belongs in prison, but because of the Archdiocese’s cover up, the criminal statutes of limitations for these victims expired long ago,” she said.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431693 Apr 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The Catholic church is the world's largest cult, hojo.
FALSE! The "reality" is---- that you bible only Protestant "fundies" are the worlds "biggest liars"!!..... I (personally know) from past experience from (living the sola scriptura lie for over 35 years) as a Protestant in (bible school, bible college and pre-theology seminar)....... Your (half-truth, half-heresy) Christian faith of "fundamental Protestantism" relies upon "concealing and convering up" (prior to the reformation) the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History using "deception,and fraud and then creating your own "fictitious" personal opinion interpretation of the bible-- "making it mean" ONLY what you (fundies)"want it to mean"!!!.... As soon as I began to personally investigate and "PRAYFULLY" research and study over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History (during a 4 year period of pre-theology study) from the historical documented writings by the originating Early Church Fathers, and the historian Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant).. the TRUTH of Protestant bible only "fraud" became a reality!!....Anti-catholic hate and vengeance by "fundamentalist" who are hostile toward Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Catholic Church is based ENTIRELY upon (attacking) the Historical and biblical TRUTH of the Bible and TRUE Church History, with "nothing more than hostile personal opinions", that has "absolutely' no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of their "editorialized judgmental opinions"! You "fundies" deceive yourselves as you "attempt to deceive others"!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 2 min andet1987 720
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Patrick 227,557
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Aura Mytha 739,662
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 9 min andet1987 6
Return of the Jedi 9 min Blagoja 8
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 14 min Tony17 574
Only REAL LOOZERS don't love their mothers who ... 14 min andet1987 9
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min STU PIDE ASS Xposed 95,521
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 259,536
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr Joana 150