Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,920
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431593 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what identifies Christians...put me down as being the top pagan guru!!!!!
What so called Christians does not understand is that this age of flesh is only around 13 thousand years old according to the time that God placed us into these flesh bodies. But we existed in Spiritual bodies with God before the great "KATABOLE" which was the overthrow of Satan. There is much that you do not comprehend that happened before the age of flesh. This earth existed billions of years long before man was created in these flesh bodies. If I took you to that level in the scriptures it would only confuse you even more than you already are so I will not cause you to stumble.

The phrase in the scriptures where it states the earth "WAS" void and without form is a mistranslation. It should be the earth "BECAME" void and without form. But the question of the day is HOW did it become void and without form. God certainly didn't create it that way. I say again it's time to open your spiritual eyes.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431594 Apr 6, 2013

The Evolution Delusion: The Young Earth
http://youtu.be/3tTSdSrIOjw
Malcolm Bowden presents the decrease in the Earth's magnetic field and the decrease in the size of the sun.

Research presented:

www.icr.org/article/215
www.icr.org/article/182
www.icr.org/article/165

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431595 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its in there because it belongs there!!! Otherwise we have a fallible Bible....which is impossible.....
There are quite a few words in the Bible that are a mistranslation but a """"good """" bible student can catch them.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431596 Apr 6, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431597 Apr 6, 2013
AND......

Lent is also of Babylonian origin. The English word Lent comes from the Saxon Lenct, meaning “spring.” It represents a period of mourning for Tammuz, the supposed reincarnation of Semeramis’ husband, Nimrod, whose death and reappearance was celebrated in the spring.

Forty days of mourning preceded the one day of joy over the return of Tammuz. God condemned Israel’s partaking in this celebration:“And He said to me,‘Turn again, and you will see greater abominations that they are doing.’ So He brought me to the door of the north gate of the LORD’s house; and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for Tammuz”(Ezek. 8:13-14, NKJV).

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431598 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
580 559
<quoted text>
You need help!!!!
Christians do not set any date for any heathen holidays...
Yes they do. At least they "claim" to be Christian.

Location hidden

#431599 Apr 6, 2013
593 584
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> What so called Christians does not understand is that this age of flesh is only around 13 thousand years old according to the time that God placed us into these flesh bodies. But we existed in Spiritual bodies with God before the great "KATABOLE" which was the overthrow of Satan. There is much that you do not comprehend that happened before the age of flesh. This earth existed billions of years long before man was created in these flesh bodies. If I took you to that level in the scriptures it would only confuse you even more than you already are so I will not cause you to stumble.
The phrase in the scriptures where it states the earth "WAS" void and without form is a mistranslation. It should be the earth "BECAME" void and without form. But the question of the day is HOW did it become void and without form. God certainly didn't create it that way. I say again it's time to open your spiritual eyes.
You need to go to your pusher and demand a refund....you got some bad stuff....you are hallucinating!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431600 Apr 6, 2013
socci wrote:
The Evolution Delusion: The Young Earth
http://youtu.be/3tTSdSrIOjw
Malcolm Bowden presents the decrease in the Earth's magnetic field and the decrease in the size of the sun.
Research presented:
www.icr.org/article/215
www.icr.org/article/182
www.icr.org/article/165
I don't believe in evolution.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431601 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
AND......
Lent is also of Babylonian origin. The English word Lent comes from the Saxon Lenct, meaning “spring.” It represents a period of mourning for Tammuz, the supposed reincarnation of Semeramis’ husband, Nimrod, whose death and reappearance was celebrated in the spring.
Forty days of mourning preceded the one day of joy over the return of Tammuz. God condemned Israel’s partaking in this celebration:“And He said to me,‘Turn again, and you will see greater abominations that they are doing.’ So He brought me to the door of the north gate of the LORD’s house; and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for Tammuz”(Ezek. 8:13-14, NKJV).
And EASTER sunrise service as well has roots in paganism.

Location hidden

#431602 Apr 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>There are quite a few words in the Bible that are a mistranslation but a """"good """" bible student can catch them.
You are being led by a spirit...and it ain't Holy!!!!

Location hidden

#431603 Apr 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they do. At least they "claim" to be Christian.
And there are many....you can know whom they are....Christians follow the teaching of Christ as found in Scripture...non Christians do not...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431604 Apr 6, 2013
What a fellowship, what a joy divine,leaning on the everlasting arm.

Location hidden

#431605 Apr 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And EASTER sunrise service as well has roots in paganism.
Briefly, the connection to Eostre was made by the Venerable Bede, the medieval church historian, but we can find no other mention of the goddess or any festival associated with her. Prof. McRoy accounts for what may have been Bede’s misunderstanding with some other etymological accounts of the origin of our word “Easter.”

Besides, English and the other Germanic languages are the only languages that calls the Festival of the Resurrection “Easter.” Everyone else calls it some version of “Pascha,” which derives from the Hebrew word for “Passover.” And the holiday was celebrated extremely early in the church’s history, evidently by the 2nd century. And its original celebration in the Middle East and around the Mediterranean sea shows no connection at all to any pagan festivals.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431606 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Briefly, the connection to Eostre was made by the Venerable Bede, the medieval church historian, but we can find no other mention of the goddess or any festival associated with her. Prof. McRoy accounts for what may have been Bede’s misunderstanding with some other etymological accounts of the origin of our word “Easter.”
Besides, English and the other Germanic languages are the only languages that calls the Festival of the Resurrection “Easter.” Everyone else calls it some version of “Pascha,” which derives from the Hebrew word for “Passover.” And the holiday was celebrated extremely early in the church’s history, evidently by the 2nd century. And its original celebration in the Middle East and around the Mediterranean sea shows no connection at all to any pagan festivals.
Eggs and bunny rabbits. Huge connection to paganism. Nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ. And in the very churches of God.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431607 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
593 584
<quoted text>
You need to go to your pusher and demand a refund....you got some bad stuff....you are hallucinating!!!!
Really. I'll make it easy for you. Explain to us how this world became void and without form.( Jeopardy theme music plays in background while we wait,LOL).

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431608 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being led by a spirit...and it ain't Holy!!!!
Son, the Bible is NOT corrupted simply because there are a few mistranslated words in it. In the 1611 Bible the King James translators placed two letters in it. On was to King James and the other was to us the reader telling us that they did the best they could in translating the Bible into English but to be careful when reading it because it could be that they made some mistakes. Imagine that. So yes, a GOOD Bible student can detect where the translators made a mistake or two in the transliteration.

If one is under the guidance of the Holy Spoirit when they read the Bible they can spiritually discern when they come across a mistake. But as I stated, these mistakes in NO WAY corrupt the word of God. There is much you have to learn my friend.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431609 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what identifies Christians...put me down as being the top pagan guru!!!!!
I already have,LOL,LOL.

Location hidden

#431610 Apr 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eggs and bunny rabbits. Huge connection to paganism. Nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ. And in the very churches of God.
Repeat: And its original celebration in the Middle East and around the Mediterranean sea shows no connection at all to any pagan festivals.

Location hidden

#431611 Apr 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Really. I'll make it easy for you. Explain to us how this world became void and without form.( Jeopardy theme music plays in background while we wait,LOL).
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Elementary....the world became void and without form...because....God Created it that way!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431612 Apr 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eggs and bunny rabbits. Huge connection to paganism. Nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ. And in the very churches of God.
And then on top of that they actually have swine , an unclean food ( Easter ham) as their dinner for what is supposed to be their high holy day. In the OT God called the eating of swine an ABOMINATION. And please don't go to the scripture in the NT where Peter had the vision and say that God cleaned swine so we can eat it now. That is yet another greatly mis-understood scripture that many Christians just don't get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 3 min Infinite Force 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Chris Clearwater 739,878
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Eagle 12 227,708
Submissives 28 min Ellejonson 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 42 min Edthirty 3,142
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min Chris Clearwater 173,768
Rachael Davis Kornacki 47 min Bev Jamison 2
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Azphene 154
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,624

Top Stories People Search