Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,141
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#431367 Apr 5, 2013
Happy weekend everyone!!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431368 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Confrinting can "continue to (quote) and worship your bible verses, as always!!!..... I/We as Catholics will "continue as always" to worship Jesus Christ, accepting HIM as Lord and Savior --(His life-death-and resurrection,(each day) at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist, adhering, and believing the TRUE GOSPEL and the TRUE INTERPRETAION in the Bible, with Confession, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and 24 hour Prayer in the Chapel...... Quoting a "cafeteria list" of bible verses--(doesn't make you a Christian)--Confrinting!! Nor does condemning and passing your personal opinionate "judgment" against the faith of other Christians, make you a follower on Jesus. You, my friend, have a "lot to learn" before God will give you "any authority" to speak for HIM!!
worship your bible verses as always,what choice do you have?..Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin. and show oral proof the catholic church is the alleged true church.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431369 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I "waste my time" discussing or debating ANYTHING with you or any other bible only "buffoon" that has a "pre-determined indoctrination" of anti-catholic heresy, lies and deceit that has "'CORRUPTED your mind, heart and soul. I'll repeat it again:
Read the Catholic Catechism, and the Encyclicals which confirm and authenticate the TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE----THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS ----and THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, as they parallel, confirm, validate, and substantiate EVERYTHING that Jesus taught, proclaimed and handed down to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago. READ IT ALL --jethro8!! Then you can go "argue, discuss and debate with yourself in front of a mirror"!! My time is better spent at Daily Mass, the bible readings, confession, the Eucharist, the other Sacraments and in the Adoration Pray Chapel, before the Blessed Sacrament, praying to you, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, Jethro8 and "any other Prodigal Son defiant and rebellious rebel" that Our Lord will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH to come to the TRUTH of Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His One True Catholic Church
you can't debate with me because you have no ammo to fight with,all you have is the word of a MAN in a pagan outfit to rely on,since they do not encourage reading the bible.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431370 Apr 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>===
Jethro I believe strongly that Priests or Preachers should welcome open questioning, dialogue, and debate.The Truth is strong and needs to hide from no one.
i agree, but it will never happen,because there is nothing biblical about their church.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431371 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And why would I want to "waste my time" reading your "remote and obscure sources" of anti-catholic bias of "so-called" Church History, that is laced with heresy, and distortions of the truth of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY.... Sorry Jethro8, but I had "my fill" of Protestant "made-up and concocted" Church History lies for over 35 years as a bible only "bungling buffoon"!! YOU CAN HAVE THE LIES, THE DECEPTION AND THE FALSE/DISTORTED "FUNDIE" TEACHING!------IT IS ALL YOURS!!
if you have TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY,spoken by one of the apostles,then POST IT.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431372 Apr 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you can't debate with me because you have no ammo to fight with,all you have is the word of a MAN in a pagan outfit to rely on,since they do not encourage reading the bible.
Hey now - hojo can cut and paste with the best of them!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431373 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you Confrinting (exactly) what I told jethro8, or ANY OTHER bible only "fundie" that desires and wants to know the TRUTH!
Go read the Catholic Catechism, and the Encyclicals which confirm and authenticate the TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE----THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS ----and THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, as they parallel, confirm, validate, and substantiate EVERYTHING that Jesus taught, proclaimed and handed down to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago. READ IT ALL! DIGEST IT!
INHALE IT! lET IT "SOAK INTO" YOUR ANTI-CATHOLIC mind, heart and soul --Confrinting. Then you can go "argue, discuss and debate with yourself in front of a "mirror" or better yet with the other 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only Protestants --"none of which" agree with YOU EITHER!! Debate, discuss, deliberating--is a "total waste of time". I/we as CAtholics, know "without a doubt" that the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH AND THE TRUTH has, is and will (always be) In Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only TRUE Apostolic CAtholic Church!!
hojo". I/we as CAtholics"..JETHRO this is false statement,you are not a true christian,you are catholic,which means you are christian/pagan....you really know your religion,lmao

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431374 Apr 5, 2013
IPSWICH, Mass.(WHDH)-- A priest pleaded “not guilty” in court on Friday on five counts of child rape that allegedly occurred at a summer camp for disadvantaged children nearly 30 years ago.
Rev. Richard McCormick was arrested Thursday in New Rochelle, N.Y. where he used to be a high ranking member of a Roman Catholic religious order. The 71-year-old is accused of molesting the victim when he was 11 and 12 years old.
“My client should be proud of himself for coming forward,” said the victim’s attorney, Mitchell Garabedian, who has settled 9 similar cases against the same priest.
The prosecutor, Kate MacDougall, described how the abuse stopped.“The victim would either leave the grounds during the night and hide in the woods or on a fire escape or would sometimes go into the older boy’s bunk room and hide under his older brother’s bunk,” she said.
The suspect’s friend, Rev. Steven Dumais, was questioned by the judge about the order’s residence.
“When family’s in trouble you try to stand behind your family as best you can and we’re trying to do that at the same time, not undermining the hurt of…other parties involved,” he said.
Victim’s attorney said the other nine cases against the priest may not be prosecuted because the statute of limitations had run out.
Authorities asked for $75,000 bail, but the judge set it at $1,000. If the priest makes bail he is allowed to go back to his residence in New York but if he has contact with minors he must be supervised.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/nort...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431375 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting closer and closer to the TRUTH confrinting, when you speak of Jesus' One True Catholic Church when you said, "If it were a Holy institution..... because the fact IS that ----"IT IS A HOLY INSTITUTION" ------- that is built upon the foundation of the TRUTH--of Jesus Christ, who HE HIMSELF is love, charity, virtue and abundant in God's Grace. We, as Christians, are all ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ, however, you "fundies" have "rebelliously" and "defiantly" chosen to reject the FULLNESS of the Faith and the TRUTH that Jesus gave us over 2000 years ago. When you "reject" Jesus Christs One True Church--you are (in fact) "rejecting Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!
YOU SAY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ,,, IS A HOLY INSTITUTION..

what is holy about it...

Your definition of holy must be so low that it is accounted as reaching up to touch bottom...

The Bible says...

Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and

holiness/DEFINED in GREEK

G38
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#953;&#945;&#963; &#956;&#959;&#769; &#962;
hagiasmos
hag-ee-as-mos'
From G37; properly purification, that is,(the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier:- holiness, sanctification.
,
without which no man shall see the Lord:

Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

You DON'T have peace with ANY ONE that does not believe in

ROMAN CATHOLIC DOMINION/CONTROL OF THE GRACE OF GOD...

___

JESUS DESCRIBED THOSE SUCH AS YOU AND OTHER Roman Catholics....

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men:

for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are

entering to go in.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431376 Apr 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SAY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ,,, IS A HOLY INSTITUTION..
what is holy about it...
Your definition of holy must be so low that it is accounted as reaching up to touch bottom...
The Bible says...
Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and
holiness/DEFINED in GREEK
G38
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#953;&#945;&#963; &#956;&#959;&#769; &#962;
hagiasmos
hag-ee-as-mos'
From G37; properly purification, that is,(the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier:- holiness, sanctification.
,
without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
You DON'T have peace with ANY ONE that does not believe in
ROMAN CATHOLIC DOMINION/CONTROL OF THE GRACE OF GOD...
___
JESUS DESCRIBED THOSE SUCH AS YOU AND OTHER Roman Catholics....
Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men:
for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are
entering to go in.
it sure is wholly it's traditions and teachings got so many holes in it, it's funny.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431377 Apr 5, 2013
good night people,be safe
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431378 Apr 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
IPSWICH, Mass.(WHDH)-- A priest pleaded “not guilty” in court on Friday on five counts of child rape that allegedly occurred at a summer camp for disadvantaged children nearly 30 years ago.
Rev. Richard McCormick was arrested Thursday in New Rochelle, N.Y. where he used to be a high ranking member of a Roman Catholic religious order. The 71-year-old is accused of molesting the victim when he was 11 and 12 years old.
“My client should be proud of himself for coming forward,” said the victim’s attorney, Mitchell Garabedian, who has settled 9 similar cases against the same priest.
The prosecutor, Kate MacDougall, described how the abuse stopped.“The victim would either leave the grounds during the night and hide in the woods or on a fire escape or would sometimes go into the older boy’s bunk room and hide under his older brother’s bunk,” she said.
The suspect’s friend, Rev. Steven Dumais, was questioned by the judge about the order’s residence.
“When family’s in trouble you try to stand behind your family as best you can and we’re trying to do that at the same time, not undermining the hurt of…other parties involved,” he said.
Victim’s attorney said the other nine cases against the priest may not be prosecuted because the statute of limitations had run out.
Authorities asked for $75,000 bail, but the judge set it at $1,000. If the priest makes bail he is allowed to go back to his residence in New York but if he has contact with minors he must be supervised.
Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/nort...

It's too bad they cant be prosecuted. They should have their entire church seized. That's what would happen if it were any other denomination. Happens all the time.
marge

Ames, IA

#431379 Apr 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay, I'm not going keep repeating that we don't worship idols. You need to believe that we do. I understand that.
If you seriously believe in your heart that I, Clay, construct a statue to worship as some sort of diety or any kind of idol then so be it.
But isn't that what you do when you pray to mary and the saints, you construct an Idol of them?

We wish you wouldn't do that but it sure seems to be that you do.

Personally i'm scared for those who call on the spirits of the dead.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431380 Apr 5, 2013
StarC wrote:
In case you missed it.
Some 150,000 Americans will officially become Catholics this Holy Saturday, celebrating a time, in the Christian world, of repentance and renewal. The large number of those converting to Roman Catholicism comes despite the sexual abuse scandal that has rocked the church over the past few years.
Catholic clergy and scholars say those who come into the church have various reasons for doing so. Some are inspired by family members who are Catholic, while others find the church as they explore faith groups until they feel at home.
And still more are those who were baptized but never really practiced until adulthood.
Each year on Holy Saturday — the day before Easter, when Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus — the Catholic Church receives many men and women wishing to convert. New members are welcomed through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, in which non-baptized men and women are officially recognized as a members of the church.
They must complete a process of conversion as they study the Gospel, profess faith in Jesus Christ and receive the sacraments of baptism, Holy Eucharist, and confirmation. For some, the entire process may take several years."
ABC NEWS

Those are incoming immigrants. That's all Catholics do cause mass-immigration -- the mother of all politics.
marge

Ames, IA

#431381 Apr 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see nothing has changed. I think we should introduce shuffle board to some of the fundamentalist hangers-on...
Hey Anthony I have missed you and Regina, hope all is well with you both:)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431382 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Michael! A CNN liberal media poll of "hand picked" pre-selected citizens that these Newspaper liberal "hack" pollsters, have pre-selected, so that the media will be assured that the percentages will "come out" exactly the way they "want it to be!!
No wonder the majority of people in this country, don't buy newpapers, don't watch television news and don't believe 75% of what the media says, is true!! What will it be in 3 years, 5 years, 25 years, is that No one will buy or listen to these "flakey editorialist" (front page) writers and reporters who have lost "most, in not all of their credibility" already as media "so-called writers!! "Junk reporting" such as this seems to attract anti-catholics like you Michael!!!
I post factual information. You post.........well!!...nothing!

3 years ago the ROMAN CATHOLIC BISHOPS at their annual conference in Florida stated that ONLY about 1 in 4 roman catholics in america attend mandatory sunday mass weekly. Are all these Bishops Liberal hacks and flakes? Junk reporter catholic bishops..........Well! I guess they are if they are not reporting the numbers you want them to post.

How many times have I BUSTED you? Is it 89?(lol)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431383 Apr 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hojo". I/we as CAtholics"..JETHRO this is false statement,you are not a true christian,you are catholic,which means you are christian/pagan....you really know your religion,lmao
Your "distorted, perverted and heretical" ANTI-CATHOLIC view of My personal faith in Jesus Christ,as well as EVERY CATHOLIC ON THIS FORUM, including the over 1 billion Catholic "Christians" around the world, has "no relevance" (whatsoever) to the "confused, mixed up" and judgmental editorial opinionated (fundie) life that you have chosen to live!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431384 Apr 5, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry BIG D, it all began with Jesus, and HIS Church.
"Christ did not say, "Sit down and write Bibles and scatter them over the earth, and let every man read his Bible and judge for himself." If Christ had said that, there would never have been a Christianity on the earth at all, but a Babylon and confusion instead, and never one Church, the union of one body. Hence, Christ never said to His Apostles, "Go and write Bibles and distribute them, and let everyone judge for himself." That injunction was reserved for the Sixteenth Century, and we have seen the result of it. Ever since the Sixteenth Century there have been springing up religion upon religion,[42K to date] and churches upon churches, all fighting and quarreling with one another, and all because of the private interpretation of the Bible.
Christ sent His Apostles with authority to teach all nations,[Mt 28:19-20] and
never gave them any command of writing the Bible. And the Apostles
went forth and preached everywhere, and planted the Church of God
throughout the earth, but never thought of writing.
http://www.drbo.org/church.htm
Star C says...and I can't believe it!!...The large number of those converting to Roman Catholicism comes despite the sexual abuse scandal that has rocked the church over the past few years.

MICHAEL says.....you actually NOW believe there was a sexual abuse scandal in your church???

I told you 89 times about these scandals and NOW! for the first time you are admitting it. Thankyou Michael!

150,000 new catholics converting!! There are currently 68,000,000 catholics (151,000,000 protestants in america)

150,000 is a .22% increase. Not even 1/4 of 1%..75% or 510,000 catholics in america die each year. of the 68 million catholics.

Can you imagine how fast the catholic church would disappear without family hand me down infant indoctrination? Its obvious with your .22% number catholics die at 3 times that rate.

Another example. 1965 there were 179,000 roman catholic nuns in america. Today less than 57,000. Where have all the deeply religious roman catholic women gone?

I bring factual information, that you should know. Factual information, you don't want to know.

youtube

AOL

#431385 Apr 5, 2013
.

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______




.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431386 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "distorted, perverted and heretical" ANTI-CATHOLIC view of My personal faith in Jesus Christ,as well as EVERY CATHOLIC ON THIS FORUM, including the over 1 billion Catholic "Christians" around the world, has "no relevance" (whatsoever) to the "confused, mixed up" and judgmental editorial opinionated (fundie) life that you have chosen to live!!!
HOJO says........over 1 billion Catholic "Christians" around the world.
MICHAEL says..OK!......over 1 trillion flies around the world land on, and eat crap, does that mean its good for them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Lumajuice 777,420
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Johnny 4,837
Gay snapchat names 49 min Sxybest11 163
What changes in Local search ranking on Google ... 1 hr vitaltrafficsolution 1
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 1 hr chas 8
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr eragonlove321 213
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 605,275
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web