Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,116
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#431347 Apr 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If it were a Holy institution ....it would prove God's love and
You are getting closer and closer to the TRUTH confrinting, when you speak of Jesus' One True Catholic Church when you said, "If it were a Holy institution..... because the fact IS that ----"IT IS A HOLY INSTITUTION" ------- that is built upon the foundation of the TRUTH--of Jesus Christ, who HE HIMSELF is love, charity, virtue and abundant in God's Grace. We, as Christians, are all ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ, however, you "fundies" have "rebelliously" and "defiantly" chosen to reject the FULLNESS of the Faith and the TRUTH that Jesus gave us over 2000 years ago. When you "reject" Jesus Christs One True Church--you are (in fact) "rejecting Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431348 Apr 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
266 257 580 575
<quoted text>
What is it about this statement that you are not understanding?? "Christians do not observe non Christian rituals."
Christians WELCOME everyone to their rituals, festivals and church services and festivities, but REMEMBER!! WE WILL NEVER GO TO YOUR festivals/services, festivities if you aren't one of us.

Very sad. See what I mean when I say religion divides.

I thought God created all mankind equal. Evidentally most don't practice that.

Wouldn't this be a great world if everyone could hold hands forming a circle around the earth several times. ORGANIZED religion will never allow that to happen.

sadly BUSTED!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#431349 Apr 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would be back!! I KNEW IT!!
....... Too boring over on the CATHOLIC ANSWERS forum where everyone sits around hold hands with each other singing KOOMM-BY-AH!
Pied Piper Father Dye said he was leaving this forum a few months ago, so you and ReginaM. got on board and thought you would follow along. The only problem was Father Dye never left this forum.(lol)
I know you have been lurking ever since you left.....
"You don't know what you have, till its gone"
Awww..you missed me didn't you Mike? I won't stay long, just dropping by to say hello to my friends as I promised I would. Anything new with you? Still arguing for Wymyn priests, gay marriage and a watered down Catholic Church?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431350 Apr 5, 2013
....By what criteria can we decide what ancient godman stories were new and original, and what ancient godman stories were myths built up from the religious ideas of their day?

Christian teachings are nothing more than copy-cat customs that formed part of the mediteranean culture long before Jesus was a twinkle in the eye of St Paul.

Without family indoctrination of catholicism/protestantism both would have never got off the ground.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#431351 Apr 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hey there Anthony. I had a great Easter and hope you did too.
As you can see, nothing has changed around here. I have no idea why I still hang around. I have no real goal. No one is going to change their mind. I guess i enjoy any discussion about religion and this forum is on my smart phone home page. Just one click and I'm talking to Confrint about worshiping statues! lol.
I can see nothing has changed. I think we should introduce shuffle board to some of the fundamentalist hangers-on...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431352 Apr 5, 2013
......When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

......A thousand years later, when the story of Jesus doing the same thing, people understand that as the truth.

...When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth.

....Centuries later when Jesus raised Lazereous from the dead, christians claim that was true.

Will the real healers please stand up?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431353 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WORD OF GOD MEANS NOTHING TO AN INFIDEL SUCH AS YOU
YOU IGNORE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AND TRUST YOU OWN..
You, Confrinting can "continue to (quote) and worship your bible verses, as always!!!..... I/We as Catholics will "continue as always" to worship Jesus Christ, accepting HIM as Lord and Savior --(His life-death-and resurrection,(each day) at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist, adhering, and believing the TRUE GOSPEL and the TRUE INTERPRETAION in the Bible, with Confession, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and 24 hour Prayer in the Chapel...... Quoting a "cafeteria list" of bible verses--(doesn't make you a Christian)--Confrinting!! Nor does condemning and passing your personal opinionate "judgment" against the faith of other Christians, make you a follower on Jesus. You, my friend, have a "lot to learn" before God will give you "any authority" to speak for HIM!!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431354 Apr 5, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
Where else can we find evidence of Herod's killing of the babies throughout the land? Nowhere. Not one shred of evidence, beyond a fable. It's delusional.
And: There are no records anywhere outside the contrived Bible of things such as Herod having children killed. Something such as that surely would have been recorded by the Jews and everyone else in the region -- but the only account we have is a Biblical fable.
They didn't have television, radio, telephones, etc. so that other people's might reveal their murderous behavior. Surely you don't think that Herod would send THAT news out to the world?
KM
A delusional one in denial writes -- "Surely you don't think that Herod would send THAT news out to the world?"

Something like that could not have been kept secret.

No doubt that writers throughout the region -- Romans, Jews, Greeks, Persians -- would have reported on such a major event.

Romans kept meticulous records. Roman governors would have reported something like this back to Rome. But not a single word anywhere.

There is zero archeological evidence as well. Nothing.

Surely if so many children were killed, there would be one grave discovered.

Yet we have absolutely no other evidence of such an event. That's why the delusional ones are left to make up excuses, no matter how implausible.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431355 Apr 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww..you missed me didn't you Mike? I won't stay long, just dropping by to say hello to my friends as I promised I would. Anything new with you? Still arguing for Wymyn priests, gay marriage and a watered down Catholic Church?
A recent CNN poll stated that 58% of ROMAN CATHOLICS today (up from 25% 4 years ago) are now in favor of same sex marriage. 38% disagree, and 4% feared to answer. What will it be in 3 years? 5 years? 25 years?

Personally I don't have an opinion on same sex marriage, but its clearly apparent roman catholics in greater numbers are caving in.

You know me Anthony, I just report the news that catholics should know about. The news they don't want to know.

Father Rob said he was leaving this forum. You and Regina M. said OK! You and REGINA M. blinked, Father Rob stayed behind, and kept posting as he had always done. Now you two will come back and Father Rob will leave.(lol)

I love it!(lol)

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#431356 Apr 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting closer and closer to the TRUTH confrinting, when you speak of Jesus' One True Catholic Church when you said, "If it were a Holy institution..... because the fact IS that ----"IT IS A HOLY INSTITUTION" ------- that is built upon the foundation of the TRUTH--of Jesus Christ, who HE HIMSELF is love, charity, virtue and abundant in God's Grace. We, as Christians, are all ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ, however, you "fundies" have "rebelliously" and "defiantly" chosen to reject the FULLNESS of the Faith and the TRUTH that Jesus gave us over 2000 years ago. When you "reject" Jesus Christs One True Church--you are (in fact) "rejecting Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!
Hi Hojo, hope you had a blessed Easter as well. Our pastor's sermon this morning was on today's first reading (Acts 4:1-12). We can't be afraid to proclaim the truth. Glad to see they haven't beaten you down.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#431357 Apr 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see nothing has changed. I think we should introduce shuffle board to some of the fundamentalist hangers-on...
Or purchase each "fundie" admission tickets to Disneyland so that they can enjoy a "full day" of rides on the "merry-go-round" and the "Tea Cups" which fits "right in" to their NEVER ENDING-bible only spinning "round and round" in circles of more confusion, more chaos, and more Protesant (editorialized) denominations!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431358 Apr 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTHONY says.......Still arguing for Wymyn priests, gay marriage and a watered down Catholic Church?

MICHAEL says........I don't argue these points, I just bring the news that ROMAN CATHOLICS themselves are talking about.

HOJO and CLAY tuffed it out. Lets see how long you will stay this time.

Seriously, its good you are back, we need more posters on here. Any new ideas?

socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431359 Apr 5, 2013

Catholic violence tries to take London.

After the thone of Scotland was won to Protestantism thru peaceful conversion the Catholics organize an Jacobite army to retake it thru violence. After an innitial success the Jacobites head on to take Lomdon only to be stopped.

British vs the Catholic Jacobite Battle of Culloden, 1746

http://youtu.be/YvL7nWptlD0

If only the story ended there. Notice towards the end of the documentary the Jacobites were "driven out of the UK to the New World." There they would organize the successful American Revolution.

Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers

http://youtu.be/xU24fJ4NQxo

This is also what the US Civil War was about, taking over the Protestant ran states that had little to do with slavery. The Catholics were the slave owners or planters who owned the large plantations as Catholic Spain had imported the Africans to all of the Americas. One such Catholic was Founding Father Daniel Carroll, as was his brother Charles Carroll III; both brothers of the Jesuit bishop, John Carroll, founder of Georgetown U.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Carroll

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431360 Apr 5, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
As a gay man I would like to tell the forum something. America seems to be on the road to ruination for they seem to be heading towards approving gay marriage. People, you need to start struggling against this for if America does approve of gay marriage I assure you that this is gonna invite Gods judgement against this country.
No to Gay marriage....

JETHRO: gay marriage will be legal in every state because there is a more powerful god out there than the one described in the scriptures and that god is the god of dead presidents,he rules the world,gay marriages means money,license fees churches make money, J.P'S. make money, Vegas quicky weddings will double,god of the scriptures does not have the power to fight the god of dead presidents fore he will have a larger army,people will defect to his side when offered money to join his army. even gods alleged true church puts the god of dead presidents on a pedestal equal to higher than the god of the scriptures...so tony my friend your wasting your breathe,and besides don't you think you might meet someone someday that you'd love to get married to? adopt a baby start a family? that never crossed your mind?

The god of this world cannot compare to our Father, God in heaven. Don't mistake His longsuffering for weakness. Greedy people will attempt to use the situation for money's sake, but they will destroy their own peace.
Remember the days of Lot? Everyone who came into the city was subdued by rape.

Homosexuals are an aggressive bunch who struggle for power, and it is an evil power. When they are in power, those who allowed it will regret it.
Apparently Tony sees this, and attempts to warn against it.

KayMarie
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#431361 Apr 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
A recent CNN poll stated that 58% of ROMAN CATHOLICS today (up from 25% 4 years ago) are now in favor of same sex marriage. 38% disagree, and 4% feared to answer. What will it be in 3 years? 5 years? 25 years?
Sure Michael! A CNN liberal media poll of "hand picked" pre-selected citizens that these Newspaper liberal "hack" pollsters, have pre-selected, so that the media will be assured that the percentages will "come out" exactly the way they "want it to be!!
No wonder the majority of people in this country, don't buy newpapers, don't watch television news and don't believe 75% of what the media says, is true!! What will it be in 3 years, 5 years, 25 years, is that No one will buy or listen to these "flakey editorialist" (front page) writers and reporters who have lost "most, in not all of their credibility" already as media "so-called writers!! "Junk reporting" such as this seems to attract anti-catholics like you Michael!!!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#431362 Apr 5, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
It all began with the Bible?
Yep! Dangerous indeed if you are on the opposite side of the Bible.
Sorry BIG D, it all began with Jesus, and HIS Church.

"Christ did not say, "Sit down and write Bibles and scatter them over the earth, and let every man read his Bible and judge for himself." If Christ had said that, there would never have been a Christianity on the earth at all, but a Babylon and confusion instead, and never one Church, the union of one body. Hence, Christ never said to His Apostles, "Go and write Bibles and distribute them, and let everyone judge for himself." That injunction was reserved for the Sixteenth Century, and we have seen the result of it. Ever since the Sixteenth Century there have been springing up religion upon religion,[42K to date] and churches upon churches, all fighting and quarreling with one another, and all because of the private interpretation of the Bible.

Christ sent His Apostles with authority to teach all nations,[Mt 28:19-20] and

never gave them any command of writing the Bible. And the Apostles

went forth and preached everywhere, and planted the Church of God

throughout the earth, but never thought of writing.
http://www.drbo.org/church.htm

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431363 Apr 5, 2013
who="Clay"
When Luther and Calvin invented the idea of 'Scripture alone', they had no idea the Earth would be proven to be millions of yrs old..
Just another example of those two idiots having no business being an authority on scripture.
I suppose during the 16th century, the Earth being 6,000 yrs was practical to them.. They couldn't comprehend that 'one day' being a thousand yrs to God was a figure of speech and not literally! God is outside of space and time. Days minutes and hrs do not exist where He is.

Amazing! So who proved that the earth is millions of years old? What calendar did they use?:)

And YOU know that 'one day' is a figure of speech?(You must know the guy who wrote that.) And how much more of The Bible is just a 'figure of speech to you?

God's Word is eternal, and powerful.

KayMarie

#431364 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"For it is like Jesus said in Matthew 7:16-20 "you will know my disciples by the "fruit they produce! Beware of false teachers for you will know them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit"!!
You have condemned your religion by your own post...
THE FRUITS OF ROMAN CATHOLICISM ACROSS THE WORLD HAS SET THE STAGE
FOR THE SEXUAL REVOLUTION ...GAY MARRIAGE, HOMOSEXUALITY AND SODOMY
IT HAS BEEN STRENGTHENED BY YOUR PERVERTED
PRIESTHOOD...AND APPROVED BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC
BECAUSE,
YOU MEMBERS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DID NOT SPEAK OUT NOR PROTEST IT....
YOU HAVE EITHER KEPT SILENT, OR DEFENDED THE ONES THAT WERE INVOLVED.
INSTEAD OF COMING OUT PUBLICLY AGAINST IT...
YOU FEARED YOUR LEADERS SO MUCH THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN THE WORLD THE
OPINION THAT YOU APPROVED IT.
Ha, Ha, Ha, your are such a dope.[pardon my french]

Why do you think we are getting so many converts from other religions ?? The Anglicans are coming in, in droves because of their gay bishops. Its the protestants that are changing the rules of Christ to fit their own agenda, pretty much like you changed Jesus' rules. You follow a women adulteress amiee.

You don't know what the Church says, because you are not in it. You’re locked in your little corner with all of 30 follows in your made women made church.

You will never know what the real Church of Christ teaches b/c you are a bigot and a false leader of your lil church!.
Stay in your fake church, we pity you, bitter old man.

Jesus knows what HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH IS DOING, THIS IS WHY SO MANY ARE COMING HOME!!!

In case you missed it.

Some 150,000 Americans will officially become Catholics this Holy Saturday, celebrating a time, in the Christian world, of repentance and renewal. The large number of those converting to Roman Catholicism comes despite the sexual abuse scandal that has rocked the church over the past few years.

Catholic clergy and scholars say those who come into the church have various reasons for doing so. Some are inspired by family members who are Catholic, while others find the church as they explore faith groups until they feel at home.

And still more are those who were baptized but never really practiced until adulthood.

Each year on Holy Saturday — the day before Easter, when Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus — the Catholic Church receives many men and women wishing to convert. New members are welcomed through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, in which non-baptized men and women are officially recognized as a members of the church.
They must complete a process of conversion as they study the Gospel, profess faith in Jesus Christ and receive the sacraments of baptism, Holy Eucharist, and confirmation. For some, the entire process may take several years."
ABC NEWS

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431365 Apr 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>

Father Rob said he was leaving this forum. You and Regina M. said OK! You and REGINA M. blinked, Father Rob stayed behind, and kept posting as he had always done. Now you two will come back and Father Rob will leave.(lol)
I love it!(lol)
Hmmm...I think you are onto something.....

Coincidence? I think not!

#431366 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WE REQUIRE NO MORE ....THAN WAS REQUIRED ---FOR A MAN TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS HIS LORD AND SAVIOR THAN PAUL AND SILAS REQUIRED OF THE JAILOR.... IN THE BOOK OF THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES
If that is stupidity as far as you are concerned
THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE IT UP WITH GOD...
NOT OURS...
“First, we must clarify the question. No one is ever saved "as a result" of an altar call. We are saved only as a result of the GOSPEL. The question, as too often asked, betrays an awful misunderstanding of this most important point. But with that clarification made, we may pass over this question very quickly.
If and when God truly saves a man during the time of public invitation, then we all say "Amen!"

“In all fairness, it is important to observe that the practice was not born in the Apostolic Church.
It is NOT FOUND IN THE MINISTRY OF JESUS, His apostles or even

the church of the post-apostolic period. We do see Jesus and the

apostles "inviting" men and women to Christ and to be saved, but

NEVER by means of this particular method. "Invitations" they give,

to be sure! But not altar calls. The altar call is "old fashioned"

in only a very relative sense.

It is old fashioned to us at this end of the twentieth century,

but it first AROSE MORE THAN EIGHTEEN CENTURIES AFTER CHRIST.”
(a made up concept)

http://www.biblicalstudies.com/bstudy/ecclesi...

Non-Catholic site.[oops even some protestants disagree, what else is new?]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min His Eminency dr S... 605,251
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min pusherman_ 777,298
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 96,830
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 23 min _Bad Company 1,920
Gay snapchat names 58 min gn2k14 161
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 58 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 4,813
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr YellowPissreality 265,362
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Roberta G 175,772
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web