Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,761
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#431327 Apr 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"]289
The Bible does not teach the earth to be 6000 years old....
Ge 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
When (what date) was the beginning??
BTW...your 6000 years start with the Creation of Adam....that is not "the beginning"....when God Created the heaven and earth.....
And....there is no way of knowing how many billions of years this was: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. "
The Bible says that "one thousand years is as a day in God's sight". Adam and Eve came along in the sixth day, then God rested for a day.(Seven thousand years total.) Since Adam we've known 6,000 yars of history.
13,000 years is reasonable to me. When someone starts talking about millions and billions of years, I wonder where they got a calendar or measuring stick to determine that.
KayMarie
you see, its this kind of stupidity that you guys require of your followers. Complete ignorance. You need it to exist!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431328 Apr 5, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8 - I think you're very intelligent and sensible. And how are you feeling?
i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#431329 Apr 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.
I'm so sorry if I failed to answer you; I assure you I didn't do that personally. I'm in and out of the hosp. ALL the time, it seems. My illness is not life-threatening but is extremely painful and it's never going to go away. I never get even one good day anymore. And no, I'm not reluctant to talk about it openly. You're very thoughtful.

Best of luck with your test results. Please let me know right away.

By the way don't feel bad - my short-term memory ain't what it used to be! Love to you always, you're a very special person.

usa

#431330 Apr 5, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry if I failed to answer you; I assure you I didn't do that personally. I'm in and out of the hosp. ALL the time, it seems. My illness is not life-threatening but is extremely painful and it's never going to go away. I never get even one good day anymore. And no, I'm not reluctant to talk about it openly. You're very thoughtful.
Best of luck with your test results. Please let me know right away.
By the way don't feel bad - my short-term memory ain't what it used to be! Love to you always, you're a very special person.
i'll let you know as soon as i get home from the Dr's which will be around 1:00 pm on Thursday if he is on time.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431331 Apr 5, 2013
FROM GENEVA BIBLE AND COMMENTARY DATED 1599
--> Mat 16:17 And Iesus answered, and saide to him, Blessed art thou, Simon, the sonne of Ionas: for flesh and blood hath not reueiled it vnto thee, but my Father which is in heauen.
~~~
Matthew 16:17
(4) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for (k) flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
(4) Faith is of grace, not of nature.
(k) By this kind of speech is meant man's natural procreation upon the earth, the one who was made, not being destroyed, but deformed through sin: So then this is the meaning: this was not revealed to you by any understanding of man, but God showed it to you from heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also vnto thee, that thou art Peter, and vpon this rocke I will builde my Church: and ye gates of hel shal not ouercome it.
---
--> Matthew 16:18
(5) And I say also unto thee, That thou art (l) Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the (m) gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(5) That is true faith, which confesses Christ, the virtue of which is invincible.
(l) Christ spoke in the Syrian tongue, and therefore did not use this discourse to distinguish between Petros, which signifies Peter, and Petra, which signifies a rock, but in both places used the word Cephas: but his meaning is what is written in Greek, in which the different word endings distinguish between Peter, who is a piece of the building, and Christ the Petra, that is, the rock and foundation: or else he named him Peter because of the confession of his faith, which is the Church's as well as his, as the old fathers witness, for so says Theophylact. That confession which you have made, shall be the foundation of the believers.
(m) The enemies of the Church are compared to a strong kingdom, and therefore by "gates" are meant cities which are made strong with wise preparation and fortifications, and this is the meaning: whatever Satan can do by cunning or strength.
So does Paul, calling them strongholds; (2Co_10:4).
~~~~
--> Mat 16:19 And I will giue vnto thee the keyes of the kingdome of heauen, and whatsoeuer thou shalt binde vpon earth, shalbe bound in heauen: and whatsoeuer thou shalt loose on earth, shall be loosed in heauen.
____
Matthew 16:19
(6) And I will give unto thee the (n) keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt (o) bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
(6) The authority of the Church is from God.
(n) A metaphor taken from stewards who carry the keys: and here is set forth the power of the ministers of the word, as (Isa_22:22) says, and that power is common to all ministers, as (Mat_18:18) says, and therefore the ministry of the gospel may rightly be called the key of the kingdom of heaven.
(o) They are bound whose sins are retained; heaven is shut against them, because they do not receive Christ by faith: on the other hand, how happy are they to whom heaven is open, who embrace Christ and are delivered by him, and become fellow heirs with him!
~~~~
...in other words.....from one man to another!

usa

#431332 Apr 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...your 6000 years start with the Creation of Adam....that is not "the beginning"....when God Created the heaven and earth.....
And....there is no way of knowing how many billions of years this was: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. "
Young Earth creationism (YEC) is the religious belief that the Universe, Earth and all life on Earth were created by direct acts of the Abrahamic God during a relatively short period, sometime between 5,700 and 10,000 years ago. Its primary adherents are those Christians and Jews who believe that God created the Earth in six 24-hour days, using a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative as a basis.
The scientific consensus, supported by a 2006 statement by 68 national and international science academies, is that it is evidence-based fact derived from observations and experiments in multiple scientific disciplines that the universe has existed for around 13.8 billion years and that the Earth was formed about 4.5 billion years ago, with life first appearing at least 2.5 billion years ago. Although many young Earth creationists (YECs) are active in the development of creation science, an endeavor that holds that the events associated with supernatural creation can be evidenced and modeled through an interpretation of the scientific method, the consensus among scientists is that creation science is unscientific in both conception and methodology.
Since 1982, between 40% and 50% of adults in the United States say they hold the creationist view that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years" when Gallup asked for their views on the origin and development of human beings As of 2012, the percentage of believers decreases as the level of education increases. Only 25% of respondents with postgraduate degrees believed compared with 52% of those with a high school education or less. A 2011 Gallup survey reports that 30% of U.S. adults interpret the Bible literally.

Albuquerque, NM

#431333 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
NOT WORTH RESPONDING TO ...A waste of time..an energy...LIKE TALKING TO
THE WALKING DEAD...
Run away!! Run away!

Sounds to me that your 'fear' is beginning to show itself.

What are you afraid of if you believe in what Jesus teaches in the Gospel of Thomas?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431334 Apr 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you see, its this kind of stupidity that you guys require of your followers. Complete ignorance. You need it to exist!
~~~
WE REQUIRE NO MORE ....THAN WAS REQUIRED ---FOR A MAN TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS HIS LORD AND SAVIOR THAN PAUL AND SILAS REQUIRED OF THE JAILOR.... IN THE BOOK OF THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES

If that is stupidity as far as you are concerned

THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE IT UP WITH GOD...

NOT OURS...

Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said,

Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31

And they said,

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

i GUESS FOR AN INFIDEL IT DOES SEEM A LITTLE TO MUCH,,,

IT SURE BEATS ALL THE CALISTHENICS REQUIRED BY YOUR PAGAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...RIGHT

_______-

THE INSTRUCTION OF THE APOSTLE PAUL IN

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

IS THE ABOVE THE STUPIDITY ...THAT YOU ARE ALLUDING TO?
Clay

United States

#431335 Apr 5, 2013
who="Oxbow"]289
The Bible says that "one thousand years is as a day in God's sight". Adam and Eve came along in the sixth day, then God rested for a day.(Seven thousand years total.) Since Adam we've known 6,000 yars of history.
13,000 years is reasonable to me. When someone starts talking about millions and billions of years, I wonder where they got a calendar or measuring stick to determine that.
KayMarie
When Luther and Calvin invented the idea of 'Scripture alone', they had no idea the Earth would be proven to be millions of yrs old..
Just another example of those two idiots having no business being an authority on scripture.
I suppose during the 16th century, the Earth being 6,000 yrs was practical to them.. They couldn't comprehend that 'one day' being a thousand yrs to God was a figure of speech and not literally! God is outside of space and time. Days minutes and hrs do not exist where He is.

Albuquerque, NM

#431336 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
TONY'S....ACKNOWLEDGED SIN
Doesn't mean a thing. He is not aligned with the Bible. He is a 'abomination' per Christianity's "laws".

Stop trying to change the rules. You are not "God".
<quoted text>
....IS NO WORSE THAN YOUR SIN OF UNBELIEF...
Oh yes it is, because I do believe in what Jesus taught, I'm not gay, nor have I ever "laid with another man". In addition, there isn't any documentation by "God" stating what I believe is a sin.

Stop lying and misleading others with false claims about me.

If anything, you are stroking your own ego.
<quoted text>
God has no categorization OF sin...
Then stop saying that my "unbelief" is.

I now can understand why you and your wife are confused, you don't have a clue on what is a sin and what isn't.

60+ years....yeah sure there are....
<quoted text>
YOUR LOVE OF SELF IS.... EGO MANIA.
No it isn't. It is a process to develop the Self through applying love and kindness through my actions.

Are you jealous I've achieved this level, and it wasn't through your religion?

Don't be, you can achieve the same result, but you have chosen not to believe in what Jesus taught.

It is your choice.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#431337 Apr 5, 2013
who="zander714"
How do you know God told him to hate. God gave free will.
God IS love, and He teaches us to hate nothing but sin. Folks who hate people, but claim to be Christians are ignorant of God's heart...or are just NOT Christian.
KM
Most so-called "Christians" fall into you description.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#431338 Apr 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay, I'm not going keep repeating that we don't worship idols. You need to believe that we do. I understand that.
If you seriously believe in your heart that I, Clay, construct a statue to worship as some sort of diety or any kind of idol then so be it.
But if you're purposely misreading the ten commandments to falsely accuse me of something I do not do, then God have mercy on your soul.
Hi Clay, hope you and your family had a blessed Easter. The Lord knows our hearts, He knows who we worship, and those we honor having lived their lives as He desires. He also know the hearts of false accusers...

Albuquerque, NM

#431339 Apr 5, 2013
who="Oxbow"]The Bible says that "one thousand years is as a day in God's sight". Adam and Eve came along in the sixth day, then God rested for a day.(Seven thousand years total.) Since Adam we've known 6,000 yars of history.
KayMarie
The ignorance that Christianity instills into its followers.

"I wonder where they got a calendar or measuring stick to determine that."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

"This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich minerals showed that some were in excess of a billion years old.[4]

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old.[5][6][7] Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to the magnitudes of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Ca-Al-rich inclusions (inclusions rich in calcium and aluminium)– the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,[8][9] giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth."

Albuquerque, NM

#431340 Apr 5, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
Where else can we find evidence of Herod's killing of the babies throughout the land? Nowhere. Not one shred of evidence, beyond a fable. It's delusional.
And: There are no records anywhere outside the contrived Bible of things such as Herod having children killed. Something such as that surely would have been recorded by the Jews and everyone else in the region -- but the only account we have is a Biblical fable.
They didn't have television, radio, telephones, etc. so that other people's might reveal their murderous behavior. Surely you don't think that Herod would send THAT news out to the world?
KM
But yet it just so happened to make it only into the Bible?

Your logic is flawed.

Albuquerque, NM

#431341 Apr 5, 2013
Clay wrote:

- First of all, I don't think you're secure in your atheism. A content atheist wouldn't feel the need to get on a a forum and trash people who believe in God, unless they felt uneasy about their own belief (or lack of belief)

New Age writes:
Actually, one could also preceive the same instance as, a person whom is "very zealous" in his/her belief and truly believes what they believe, so they have come to this forum and decided to voice their beliefs openly.

Oh wait, I'm talking about so-called "Christians" too.

Imagine that.

Unfortunately for the so-called "Christians", most voice a false doctrine, because they have chosen not to believe in Jesus, whereas an Atheist, has researched the religion and understands that a literary figure called Jesus could have lived on Earth, but was only a spiritual man.

We can go round and round with various paths this could be related to, but I wanted you to view one additional one above your own, just to show you that you haven't taken the time to seek out all possibilities.

But hey, you are a so-called "Christian" who thinks they are better than others.

I disagree.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431342 Apr 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
When Luther and Calvin invented the idea of 'Scripture alone', they had no idea the Earth would be proven to be millions of yrs old..
Just another example of those two idiots having no business being an authority on scripture.
I suppose during the 16th century, the Earth being 6,000 yrs was practical to them.. They couldn't comprehend that 'one day' being a thousand yrs to God was a figure of speech and not literally! God is outside of space and and exhort.
time. Days minutes and hrs do not exist where He is.
~~~

THE WORD OF GOD MEANS NOTHING TO AN INFIDEL SUCH AS YOU

YOU IGNORE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AND TRUST YOU OWN..

THE BIBLE SAYS

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431343 Apr 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
...The core of Christianity—the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman who brings salvation—was also the core of other ancient religions that began at least a thousand years before the Jesus story. Did you not know this?

.....Heaven, hell, prophecy, demon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, communion with God through a holy meal, the Holy Spirit, monotheism, immortality of the soul, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture. Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more. Christianity just put their own spin on old traditions and customs.(lol)

People want a God to exist, only to satisfy their own selfish desires and wants. If a man named Jesus never promised eternal salvation no one would give a damn about a man named Jesus or anything written about him from 2,000 years ago. Right?

Its all wishful thinking. Now go and do something constructive with your life instead of dreaming about an imaginary place after you die.

....Anticipation is always more exciting, then the actual thing you experience. Keep dreaming!

Albuquerque, NM

#431344 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>Really? We preach the gospel; Jesus died for us that we might be forgiven, and receive eternal life.
You only preach a portion of his gospel.

Please stop misleading others with a proven fallacy.

Self.
<quoted text>You may choose Him, or reject Him.
Personal choice - no religion required.

Self.
<quoted text>You 'color' the picture with rituals and laws, giving to men the honor due to God.
Baptism - a ritual done by most so-called "Christians".
"alter call" - a ritual used in Pmainly Protestant churches to show that an individual can "come clean" in fron of his/her fellow church-goers

Just more lies you are trying to promote.
<quoted text>You tell us that you do not worship idols, but we see you bow down and pray to statues. If you really don't do it, just don't do it.
But you sure worship that Bible immensely.....hmmmmm.....

Bible worship can be construed as idoltry.
<quoted text>Worship is a contraction of 'worth-ship', and those things definitely are of value to you.
KayMarie
So. What is your point?

"I believe in Jesus"
- does not mean to only believe in a portion of Jesus
- signifies in context, that one believes in all of Jesus
- example: "I believe in my wife" - not just a portion of her, but all of her.
Clay

United States

#431345 Apr 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clay, hope you and your family had a blessed Easter. The Lord knows our hearts, He knows who we worship, and those we honor having lived their lives as He desires. He also know the hearts of false accusers...
Well hey there Anthony. I had a great Easter and hope you did too.
As you can see, nothing has changed around here. I have no idea why I still hang around. I have no real goal. No one is going to change their mind. I guess i enjoy any discussion about religion and this forum is on my smart phone home page. Just one click and I'm talking to Confrint about worshiping statues! lol.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431346 Apr 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would be back!! I KNEW IT!!

....... Too boring over on the CATHOLIC ANSWERS forum where everyone sits around hold hands with each other singing KOOMM-BY-AH!

Pied Piper Father Dye said he was leaving this forum a few months ago, so you and ReginaM. got on board and thought you would follow along. The only problem was Father Dye never left this forum.(lol)

I know you have been lurking ever since you left.....

"You don't know what you have, till its gone"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 773,308
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 175,507
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min lil whispers 604,737
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 264,960
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min Wordsworth 5,087
Realtor Warnings 25 min Outraged 1
9-11 has become but a vapor...to those who love... 27 min Doctor REALITY 1
Moses never existed 1 hr Hidingfromyou 714
More from around the web