Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
415,721 - 415,740 of 537,307 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have thought about that before you "laid with another man".
uh-oh!!
TONY'S....ACKNOWLEDGED SIN ....IS NO WORSE THAN YOUR SIN OF UNBELIEF...

God has no categorization OF sin...

YOUR LOVE OF SELF IS.... EGO MANIA.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Rabid discourse Number 2!
See, we agree.

All others are guilty of rabid discourse, all except the minority of humans who happen to agree with my brand of delusion.

Nothing wrong with a personal faith, so long as it is not used to try to control others.

Because it's a delusion.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
See, we agree.
All others are guilty of rabid discourse, all except the minority of humans who happen to agree with my brand of delusion.
Nothing wrong with a personal faith, so long as it is not used to try to control others.
Because it's a delusion.
~~~

THE DELUSION IS YOURS

2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;

because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 ===> And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. <===

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

265 259 580 575
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I apologize for calling you a fool for you're not a fool but you are definitely Biblically Illiterate about many things and the fact that you didn't seem to be aware that Christ observed the Passover and you called me un-Christian for observing the Passover speaks volumes about you.
I presume that you are a wolf in sheeps clothing my friend.
Christ also rode on a donkey.....that does not mean he taught us to ride donkeys instead of riding in our cars!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

266 257 580 575
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ observed the Passover which He Himself became. Do you not know the scripture where the Disciples asked Christ where did He want them to prepare for the Passover and Christ gave them instructions on what to do for the preparation?
I don't know what so preacher has been teaching you that it is Un-Christian to observe the Passover but God is gonna deposit his soul in hell for teaching you that false doctrine.
What is it about this statement that you are not understanding?? "Christians do not observe non Christian rituals."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was God before he created Heaven? If God had no beginning what was the purpose of the three persons of God, for all time before?
The bible gives the genealogy from Adam to Jesus.
Six Thousand Years:
The Bible says the world is about six thousand years old. How do we arrive at that number?
The Bible provides a complete genealogy from Adam to Jesus. You can go through the genealogies and add up the years. You'll get a total that is just over 4,000 years. Add the 2,000 years since the time of Jesus and you get just over 6,000 years since God created everything.
There is nothing in the bible that indicates the world to be older than 10,000 years.
We know today that the universe as we know it is several billions of years old. Its obvious simpleton bible people didn't have a clue of what they wrote.
The Bible does not teach the earth to be 6000 years old....
Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

When (what date) was the beginning??

BTW...your 6000 years start with the Creation of Adam....that is not "the beginning"....when God Created the heaven and earth.....

And....there is no way of knowing how many billions of years this was: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

who="zander714"
How do you know God told him to hate. God gave free will.

God IS love, and He teaches us to hate nothing but sin. Folks who hate people, but claim to be Christians are ignorant of God's heart...or are just NOT Christian.

KM

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Fool, I guess you are not surprised that Christ observed the Passover either are you? Or were you even aware that Christ observed the Passover as well? Now see if you were any kind of Bible student you would know that Christ too obswerved the Passover and EVERYONE that Calls themselves a Christian is supposed to observe the Passover as well as Christ became our Passover and He commanded us to do so.
The Savior identified himself with the paschal lamb as its great Antitype, in substituting the Lord's supper for the Passover. "Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us," 1Co 5:7 and as we compare the innocent lamb slain in Egypt with the infinite lamb of God, the contrast teaches us how infinite is the perdition which He alone can cause to "pass over" us, and how essential it is to be under the shelter of his sprinkled blood, before the night of judgment and ruin overtakes us.

As to the Christian Passover, the Lord's supper, it was instituted by Christ when, at the last Passover supper he ate with his apostles, he gave them a symbol of his body to eat, and a symbol of his blood to drink, under the form of bread and wine; prefiguring that he should give up his body to the Jews and to death. The paschal lamb, which the Jews killed, tore to pieces, and ate, and whose blood preserved them from the destroying angel, was a type, and figure of our Savior's death and passion, and of his blood shed for the salvation of the world.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

YOUR ONE TRULY TRUE APOSTATE CHURCH HISTORY
is because you have "absolutely" no sources of biblical or historical
truth to back up ANYTHING you say AND THIS HAS BEEN SO SINCE IT'S
INCEPTION...
THE TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE ...BELOW
SAY NOTHING ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
NEITHER DO THE SAY ANY THING
ABOUT A DYNASTY...IN ROME
A POPE...PAPAL SUCCESSION. As for you ..YOU HAVE NO GRACE AND YOU HAVE NO LOVE...
The Catholic Church has over 2000 years of PROVEN,VERIFIABLE AND AUTHENTICATED---"TRUTH " ---that confirms "EVERYTHING" in the Bible that is believes and teaches!! Church "historian (Apologistic) authors and writers (overwhelming) agree that Jesus Christ established ONE --and ONLY ONE---TRUE (Universal) Church and it was Catholic!!! The bible doesn't have to say the word Catholic!----Church History--(doesn't end with the book of Revelations.---All of CHURCH HISTORY beginning in 040AD "CONFIRMS the word Catholic (Universal).. In your own "hate, hostility and vengeance" that has "corrupted" your heart, mind and soul, against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, you Confrinting will say and do ANYTHING, with lies, heresy and deception in your "personal attacks" against JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF and His One True Catholic Church.
The fact is that we have over 2000 years of PROVEN Apostolic Succession, that "totally negates and invalidates" ANY of the bible only editorialized propaganda that you are so "famous for spreading"!! FURTHERMORE, I/we as Catholics have the FULLNESS of the FAITH, and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, but the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of GODS GRACE, that Jesus HIMSELF gives to His disciples, believers and followers, in and through His One True Church. ADD to this the love that we have for Sacred Scripture, and the love for our other Catholic Christians (over 1 billion Catholics around the world)---including our ecumentical (protestant brothers and sisters in Christ --and the "end result" only shows what we, as Catholics have known,(EVER SINCE YOU CAME ON THIS FORUM). "YOU CONTINUE TO HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
266 257 580 575
<quoted text>
What is it about this statement that you are not understanding?? "Christians do not observe non Christian rituals."
~~~

THE COMMUNION THAT JESUS SERVED TO HIS APOSTLES WAS AFTER A SEDER MEAL...
THE CELEBRATION OF THE PASSOVER

THE BLOOD ON THE DOOR POST IN EGYPT .. IS A TYPE AND SHADOW

OF THE APPLICATION OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS

CHRIST TO OUR HEARTS

~~~~~~~~

WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD

Christ our Redeemer died on the cross,
Died for the sinner, paid all his due;
All who receive Him need never fear,
Yes, He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain:
When I see the blood, when I see the blood,
When I see the blood, I will pass, I will pass over you.

Chiefest of sinners, Jesus will save;
As He has promised, so He will do;
Oh, sinner, hear Him, trust in His Word,
Then He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain:

Judgment is coming, all will be there.
Who have rejected, who have refused?
Oh, sinner, hasten, let Jesus in,
Oh, He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain:

O great compassion! O boundless love!
Jesus hath power, Jesus is true;
All who believe are safe from the storm,
Oh, He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain:

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church has over 2000 years of PROVEN,VERIFIABLE AND AUTHENTICATED---"TRUTH " ---that confirms "EVERYTHING" in the Bible that is believes and teaches!! Church "historian (Apologistic) authors and writers (overwhelming) agree that Jesus Christ established ONE --and ONLY ONE---TRUE (Universal) Church and it was Catholic!!! The bible doesn't have to say the word Catholic!----Church History--(doesn't end with the book of Revelations.---All of CHURCH HISTORY beginning in 040AD "CONFIRMS the word Catholic (Universal).. In your own "hate, hostility and vengeance" that has "corrupted" your heart, mind and soul, against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, you Confrinting will say and do ANYTHING, with lies, heresy and deception in your "personal attacks" against JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF and His One True Catholic Church.
The fact is that we have over 2000 years of PROVEN Apostolic Succession, that "totally negates and invalidates" ANY of the bible only editorialized propaganda that you are so "famous for spreading"!! FURTHERMORE, I/we as Catholics have the FULLNESS of the FAITH, and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, but the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of GODS GRACE, that Jesus HIMSELF gives to His disciples, believers and followers, in and through His One True Church. ADD to this the love that we have for Sacred Scripture, and the love for our other Catholic Christians (over 1 billion Catholics around the world)---including our ecumentical (protestant brothers and sisters in Christ --and the "end result" only shows what we, as Catholics have known,(EVER SINCE YOU CAME ON THIS FORUM). "YOU CONTINUE TO HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!
~~~

THE LONGEVITY OF YOUR PAGAN ORGANIZATION PROVES NOTHING...

If it were a Holy institution ....it would prove God's love and grace..

BUT

since it attempts to control God's love and grace...

It is accomplishing the same thing that the devil aspires to..do.

.That is to dominate/control Christians with carnal instrumentalists

and rituals..and to set aside GOD'S WORD and replace it with conjecture.

divide and conquer.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

who="Oxbow"]289

The Bible does not teach the earth to be 6000 years old....
Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
When (what date) was the beginning??
BTW...your 6000 years start with the Creation of Adam....that is not "the beginning"....when God Created the heaven and earth.....
And....there is no way of knowing how many billions of years this was: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. "

The Bible says that "one thousand years is as a day in God's sight". Adam and Eve came along in the sixth day, then God rested for a day.(Seven thousand years total.) Since Adam we've known 6,000 yars of history.

13,000 years is reasonable to me. When someone starts talking about millions and billions of years, I wonder where they got a calendar or measuring stick to determine that.

KayMarie

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice.
But I'm not sure why the creator of the universe didn't give the majority of its creation equal access to this amazing story.
Please explain why billions of Chinese were left out of the story for so many centuries?
Why does your Western Roman Empire god discriminate against Chinese people?
you nor anyone else knows that for a fact because the pagan/christian church is more or less holding the scriptures captive within Vatican city and will not allow anyone to see or read them,plus THE IDIOTS! went and burned 27 books without authority of no one divinely connected to god or Jesus,so we'll never know what nationalities were mentioned in the scriptures and who is not,since the writers of the scriptures were in the middle east they may not have known there was a Chinese dynasty at the time,these were just ordinary men who wrote this stuff,and due to the lack of transportation,communication,a nd being handcuffed by writing alone (no printing press etc.)and going by stories of people who traveled threw town,not much reliability there,i'm sure a little embellishment was added to the stories to keep people interested and maybe get a free drink or meal out of the deal....you'll probably take note i said "ordinary men" wrote the stories of the scriptures, I say that because of the total absence of undeniable proof a god does exist.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

who="Religion - A Delusion"

Where else can we find evidence of Herod's killing of the babies throughout the land? Nowhere. Not one shred of evidence, beyond a fable. It's delusional.

And: There are no records anywhere outside the contrived Bible of things such as Herod having children killed. Something such as that surely would have been recorded by the Jews and everyone else in the region -- but the only account we have is a Biblical fable.

They didn't have television, radio, telephones, etc. so that other people's might reveal their murderous behavior. Surely you don't think that Herod would send THAT news out to the world?

KM

Fun Facts

Bay City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
THIS FITS HOJO TO A TEE:When Roman Catholics are challenged from the Bible to defend their faith, they are unwilling or unable to defend what they believe and say the priest has the answer and never search the truth out for themselves. Priests and Bishops never get permission to have open public Bible discussions with honest Bible students like ourselves. Imagine a local parish priest publicly defending infant baptism against a Christian who taught the practice contradicted the Bible! It never happens! Forget what the Bible says, just trust the priest!....1 peter 3:15 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in you hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
You may find what your looking for here...
http://jimmyakin.com/

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you nor anyone else knows that for a fact because the pagan/christian church is more or less holding the scriptures captive within Vatican city and will not allow anyone to see or read them,plus THE IDIOTS! went and burned 27 books without authority of no one divinely connected to god or Jesus,so we'll never know what nationalities were mentioned in the scriptures and who is not,since the writers of the scriptures were in the middle east they may not have known there was a Chinese dynasty at the time,these were just ordinary men who wrote this stuff,and due to the lack of transportation,communication,a nd being handcuffed by writing alone (no printing press etc.)and going by stories of people who traveled threw town,not much reliability there,i'm sure a little embellishment was added to the stories to keep people interested and maybe get a free drink or meal out of the deal....you'll probably take note i said "ordinary men" wrote the stories of the scriptures, I say that because of the total absence of undeniable proof a god does exist.
jethro8 - I think you're very intelligent and sensible. And how are you feeling?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
- First of all, I don't think you're secure in your atheism. A content atheist wouldn't feel the need to get on a a forum and trash people who believe in God, unless they felt uneasy about their own belief (or lack of belief)
- second, I feel for anyone who has to hear the Gospel from a fundie. These people require their listeners to forgo reason and logic first, then embrace their own ideas of Jesus Christ, based on what they see in scripture.
The Catholic Church takes reason and logic as gifts from God, and its a sin to ignore scientific facts, like evolution or the 'age of the Earth.' Science and religion must be compatible. It has to be, because science itself is a gift from God. I'm sayin our ability to form hypothesis and experiments to learn. It gets us closer to the wonder of God and miracle of life.

Very active imagination, Clay.
KM

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
LIE! Jesus is the head of his church and he sits in the chair of his church beside his father,so how can you have two leaders of the true church??... and i'm still waiting for you to answer my questions,i know you have no PROVEN,VERIFIABLE AND AUTHENTICATED---"TRUTH ",if you had "THIS TRUTH" you would be able to answer my questions as quick as you can count to one,but since i have been waiting for days,that tells me you are lying about this so called authentic proof.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Clay:
- second, I feel for anyone who has to hear the Gospel from a fundie. These people require their listeners to forgo reason and logic first, then embrace their own ideas of Jesus Christ, based on what they see in scripture.

Really? We preach the gospel; Jesus died for us that we might be forgiven, and receive eternal life.

You may choose Him, or reject Him.

You 'color' the picture with rituals and laws, giving to men the honor due to God.

You tell us that you do not worship idols, but we see you bow down and pray to statues. If you really don't do it, just don't do it.

Worship is a contraction of 'worth-ship', and those things definitely are of value to you.

KayMarie

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
As a gay man I would like to tell the forum something. America seems to be on the road to ruination for they seem to be heading towards approving gay marriage. People, you need to start struggling against this for if America does approve of gay marriage I assure you that this is gonna invite Gods judgement against this country.
No to Gay marriage....JETHRO,gay marriage will be legal in every state because there is a more powerful god out there than the one described in the scriptures and that god is the god of dead presidents,he rules the world,gay marriages means money,license fees churches make money, J.P'S. make money, Vegas quicky weddings will double,god of the scriptures does not have the power to fight the god of dead presidents fore he will have a larger army,people will defect to his side when offered money to join his army. even gods alleged true church puts the god of dead presidents on a pedestal equal to higher than the god of the scriptures...so tony my friend your wasting your breathe,and besides don't you think you might meet someone someday that you'd love to get married to? adopt a baby start a family? that never crossed your mind?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Tim Osman 117,874
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 730,719
Last Word + 2 4 min andet1987 425
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 9 min Steve Haywood 307
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Peace_Warrior 599,581
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Pegasus 259,385
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min Eagle 12 225,714
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr lisw 172,992

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••