Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,334
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431201 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Catholic Catechism, and the Encyclicals which confirm and authenticate the TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE----THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS ----and THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, as they parallel, confirm, validate, and substantiate EVERYTHING that Jesus taught, proclaimed and handed down to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago. READ IT ALL --jethro8!! Then you can go "argue, discuss and debate with yourself in front of a mirror"!!
why would i want to waste my time reading biased material about the church? does it speak about how it came to power? does it say how it turned it's back on Christians being used as fodder in the games to entertain pagan roman emperors?does it speak of how the chair was bought and paid for for Pope Benedict IX by his influential father? and how about Pope Julius III and Innocenzo who was a child living in the street, julius brought him to the church claiming it was a nephew of his but reality was he was molesting the child back in the 1400's so that tells us they have been molesting children for about 600 years OH MY! does it tell us about pope Leo x? aptly illustrates his greatest priority:“Since God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it.” According to Alexandra Dumas,“Christianity assumed a pagan character” as Leo doggedly pursued worldly pleasures.Leo came from a powerful family and enjoyed early favors that helped him acquire the papal throne by the time he was 37....JETHRO,does your catechism tell the truth about your church in it's entirety? buying the papal chair,and you still want to claim apostolic succession? does it speak of how many people the church killed for not believing in it? does it tell us how it stole all the riches from conquered roman countries? does it say how it forced the church of Antioch to become a pagan/christian church because the roman army gave them the church?
THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS,that you choose to ignore. like i said why should i waste my time reading biased unholy catechisms and Encyclicals that mean nothing to the religious world except to the one man made non-apostolic unholy christian/pagan church? it means nothing to god/Jesus,why would it? they condemned jesus to death by crucifixion,so why would he build his church there?? and the bible tells you the head of the church is Jesus himself, not some guy in a funny outfit called a pope,all man made rubbish.

usa

#431202 Apr 4, 2013
HOJO:if your church is what it claims to be then you should have no problem answering my question,yet you do here it is:Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin. and show oral proof the catholic church is the alleged true church.

usa

#431203 Apr 4, 2013
be back later
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#431204 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church (Jesus Christs One True Church) was established initiated and founded by Jesus HIMSELF, with HIS DIVINE AUTHORITY...JETHRO:SHOW ME IN THE SCRIPTURES WHERE HE SAYS THIS? paul never says this (The AUTHORITY of TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.) why would he support a church that is killing his people? and explain this,like i asked"Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?" this proves that the R.P.C. church is not an apostolic church,it couldn't be,it's inhumanity towards man clearly points that out,no holy church would commit the crimes the pagan/church has. you need to re-read the true history i posted last week of your church, and maybe you'll finally see the truth.
--- Jethro; THE TRUE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST started in Jerusalem not in Rome...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431205 Apr 4, 2013
who="Normand Guay"
--- Clay; I disagree and you are clueless and nuts;>>>AS IF JESUS CHRIST WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GOD THE FATHER DID NOT PUT GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES TOGETHER... Clay you need to wake up... GET REAL...

Shhhhhhhhh...They think that only the Pope can hear from God...

KM

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431206 Apr 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE Doctrine OF THE trinity IS NOT IN THE Bible.I refer to the specifics of the doctrine elaborated by Athanasius, Basil, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nanzianzus, That is indisputable.This doctrine is based on Scripture, but is their explanation. I happen to believe that their Doctrine is inspired and correct. This is based on my belief in Tradition and also my own critical analysis. Yet the Trinity is such a confounding Doctrine that any attempt to conceptualize it will g\fall short.
Exactly Herme - thanks for responding.

It is a belief one decides. Does believing in this, make you inspired?

Or are you limiting "God's" inspiration to certain individuals for another reason?

#431207 Apr 4, 2013
who="confrinting with the word"

who="Normand Guay"
--- Clay; I disagree and you are clueless and nuts;>>>AS IF JESUS CHRIST WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GOD THE FATHER DID NOT PUT GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES TOGETHER... Clay you need to wake up... GET REAL...
KM

PS Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

If one is of God, he/she will hear His voice. "My sheep know My voice."

KayMarie
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#431208 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I believe the Holy Spirit guided the Church when they put the Bible together. Jesus also put the Church together ya know?
Besides, what good is the Bible to you guys when you reject so much of what the Apostles taught??
--- Clay; YES what good is the Bible to the Roman Catholics when they reject what JESUS CHRIST AND THE APOSTLES TAUGHT; especially on the issues of GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS... GOD THE TRINITY AND GOD'S WAYS [GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS] are the best ways... Thankyou and hope to see you in Heaven with JESUS CHRIST...

#431209 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I believe the Holy Spirit guided the Church when they put the Bible together. Jesus also put the Church together ya know?
Besides, what good is the Bible to you guys when you reject so much of what the Apostles taught??
~~~

Of what profit is the word of God ,....If THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

has incorporated and attempted to taint it with paganism, AND SERVE

A DIFFERENT CORRUPTIBLE JESUS WHICH THEY HAVE INVENTED/MADE THE IMAGE

OF PUT HIM ON A MINI CROSS

WHICH THEY CALL A CRUCIFIX..

ATTEMPTING TO DISPLAY THE REAL JESUS IN A POSITION OF SHAME HE DESPISED

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

who for the joy that was set before him

endured the cross,

despising the shame, and

is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

HAVING NO RESPECT FOR JESUS' OPINION OF THE CROSS.

#431210 Apr 4, 2013
I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE Doctrine OF THE trinity IS NOT IN THE Bible.I refer to the specifics of the doctrine elaborated by Athanasius, Basil, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nanzianzus, That is indisputable.This doctrine is based on Scripture, but is their explanation. I happen to believe that their Doctrine is inspired and correct. This is based on my belief in Tradition and also my own critical analysis. Yet the Trinity is such a confounding Doctrine that any attempt to conceptualize it will g\fall short.

We are made in the image of God: spirit, soul and body...
THREE IN ONE.
Jesus prayed in the 17th chapter of John, 11th verse:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

The word 'trinity' is not used, but might as well be, for it is speaking of three persons that are ONE.

KayMarie
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431211 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>A person must know how to read the Bible and its various genres. Otherwise, you are right. Some thing will seem absurd. I do thank you for disagreeing IN A RSPECTFUL WAY.
Likewise. Thank you for your take.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#431212 Apr 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Normand Guay"
KM
lol. Yeah that's it Kay, you got us pegged.

Kinda ironic, that you follow and obey your own self proclaimed 'Pope', who's changed more of the teachings from Christ, then all of the Popes combined - because they changed zero!

#431213 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
endured the cross,
despising the shame, and
~~~

THEY HAVE DONE THE SAME WITH MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

THEY HAVE TAKEN THE FACT THAT SHE WAS A VIRGIN and turned it into a

tabloid sexual exploitation..that has displayed her before the world

in a sensual light..coming from a bunch of dirty minded old men they

call their holy fathers

#431214 Apr 4, 2013
who="Clay"
Kinda ironic, that you follow and obey your own self proclaimed 'Pope', who's changed more of the teachings from Christ, then all of the Popes combined - because they changed zero!

Tell me the things that 'we' have changed (I changed none).

Only recently the CC declared that there is no Limbo...though the CC themselves concocted it from somewhere other than the Bible.

When I was a child the CC declared it dangerous for anyone to read the Bible without a priest to explain it. Today's CC's declare that they never did such a thing. But CC's still scold us for 'sola scriptura'...
(I must be older than most of you.)

Seriously discussing these things, Clay. Think about it. I'm not attacking you, or anyone else.

KayMarie

#431215 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
endured the cross,
despising the shame, and

~~~

THEY HAVE DONE THE SAME WITH MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

THEY HAVE TAKEN THE FACT THAT SHE WAS A VIRGIN and turned it into a

tabloid sexual exploitation..that has displayed her before the world

in a sensual light..coming from a bunch of dirty minded old men they;

~~~

They incited a
debate whether she had sexual relations with her husband or not.. Started a myth about her perpetual virginity..
while denying the existence of Her family...

something that distorts/distracts from the real purpose for which she was chosen by God in the first place.

.Adding myths that sensationalizes Jesus' Mother

in an attempt to take man's minds from the

true focal point...which should be

Jesus our Redeemer Lord and savior
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#431216 Apr 4, 2013
--- JESUS CHRIST our Savior; Redeemer; and the only True Mediator between GOD THE FATHER AND PEOPLES because of what JESUS CHRIST did on the Cross...>>>JESUS CHRIST IS ALSO KING OF kings AND LORD OF lords; High Priest and GREAT GOOD SHEPHERD...Thankyou, GOD BLESS...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#431217 Apr 4, 2013
who="Clay"
Tell me the things that 'we' have changed (I changed none).
Only recently the CC declared that there is no Limbo...though the CC themselves concocted it from somewhere other than the Bible.
When I was a child the CC declared it dangerous for anyone to read the Bible without a priest to explain it. Today's CC's declare that they never did such a thing. But CC's still scold us for 'sola scriptura'...
(I must be older than most of you.)
Seriously discussing these things, Clay. Think about it. I'm not attacking you, or anyone else.
KayMarie
Start with the Eucharist. He undid what Jesus Christ started and all his Apostles taught.

Your husband also added a concept called Sola Scripture that Christ never taught.
From tat false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?). That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors. He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church. He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary. He made up a scenario that everyone has the authority to interpret scripture and dictate what Our Lords ministry is.
This all began on a lie called Sola Scripture.

The changing of the Eucharist is the most dangerous.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431218 Apr 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let's see if I understand you correctly.
Because "knowledge increased" it was the right time to "re-write" the Bible.
You are clueless.
No it had to do with the TRUTH being revealed and brought to light toward the time of the end.

#431219 Apr 4, 2013
who="Clay"
Start with the Eucharist. He undid what Jesus Christ started and all his Apostles taught.
Your husband also added a concept called Sola Scripture that Christ never taught.
From tat false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?). That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors. He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church. He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary. He made up a scenario that everyone has the authority to interpret scripture and dictate what Our Lords ministry is.
This all began on a lie called Sola Scripture.
The changing of the Eucharist is the most dangerous.

My husband did not make up 'sola scripture'. We do not change the Eucharist; the wine and the bread ARE His body and blood...because HE said so; not because we change it.

Many people teach that the CC is the beast. I do not attempt to DECLARE that it is or is not. But the scripture says that 'it' is one of the seven world powers that have been, and it shall be the eighth. Rome IS one of the seven world powers...we shall see what the future will bring.

Jesus said that HIS sheep know His voice; they hear Him. I am one of His, and happy to say that I do hear His voice at times...and I'm convinced that all of us would hear Him more if we would just pay attention.

There is no scripture that infers that Mary...living with a husband... remained virgin all her life. Matthew says simply that Joseph did not 'know' her (have intimate relations) until after she brought forth her FIRSTBORN son...Jesus.

My husband did not make up the idea that 'everyone has authority to interpret scriptures'. However, how do you manage to trust people that you do not know to interpret scripture for you?

When Jesus speaks to me I don't have a problem understanding what He says. And He frequently 'interprets' scripture for me.

He will speak to you if you ask Him to do so.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431220 Apr 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>No it had to do with the TRUTH being revealed and brought to light toward the time of the end.
Soooo...by using the same logic as you have....

Today, in the 21st century - we have "increased knowledge" - so that means we should re-write the Bible again.

I agree - in lieu of the recent 20th C. finds in Nag Hammadi and Qumram.

Unless you think - "God" isn't inspiring anyone anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 793,472
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Johnny 2,950
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 20 min patric 445
Gay snapchat names 22 min Adioz2020 323
body to body massage abu-dhabi.massage at abu d... (May '13) 32 min lovesex2571 62
Scientific proof for God's existence 34 min HipGnosis 486
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 36 min andet1987 5,304
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min Black Thunder 42 607,041
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr bacon hater 97,411
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 267,253
More from around the web