Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667513 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431194 Apr 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The point being scripture states BODY !!!!
So.

Jesus taught about the Spirit and Self.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431195 Apr 4, 2013
Here a God delusion describes how to become a slave for life, and shows that it is completely acceptable to separate slaves from their families.

This delusional "Creator" also shows that he completely endorses the branding of slaves through mutilation.

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 1:

"Now these are the ordinances which you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says,'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,' then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for life."

This "creator" is a delusion based on fear.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#431196 Apr 4, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is confused. It's a delusion.
You say Jesus is God. So when Jesus prays, does he pray to himself? Somehow that makes sense, but only based on a delusion.
Imagine that we are good friends. One day we are talking:
Me: Wow, you will not believe this new book I've been reading!
You: What's it about?
Me: It is a manual for living a better life. It is also a guide to creating a better society for ourselves and our children. It has changed my life!
You: That sounds like an important book. Who wrote it?
Me: The author is supposed to be the smartest person in the universe.
You: That's amazing -- if the author is the smartest person in the universe, the book must be absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to see it. Do you have a copy with you?
Me: Absolutely! I carry it with me everywhere I go! Here, have a look for yourself...
You open the book to a random page, and you find this:
Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you.
All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.
If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them.
To accept this banter as from the creator of it all is delusional. It's absurd. A teenager could do better.
A person must know how to read the Bible and its various genres. Otherwise, you are right. Some thing will seem absurd. I do thank you for disagreeing IN A RSPECTFUL WAY.

Albuquerque, NM

#431197 Apr 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bit confused about this. Jesus is God. the Father is od. The Holy Spirit is God.But They are 3 separate Persons. Jesus was praying to the Father, not to Himself.
Herme - there is no proof of this claim.

But there is proof that this doctrine became dogma in one of the many councils presided over by men.

Basically, it was chosen to make this belief one you should believe, if you are to be involved with Christianity.

It doesn't make it any truer than there is only one being called "God" and one being named Jesus, and one being named the Holy Spirit.

It is all about how one perceives the information provided to them.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#431198 Apr 4, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
If cancer is caused by sin, then why bother trying to cure it?
You are delusional.
You want your cake and eat it too. Medical science is anti-religion. It does not believe cancer is caused by sin. Science rejects prayer and mysticism. It looks for natural causes and cures.
When your go to a medical doctor, you are rejecting your delusions, which isn't a bad thing.
You do bring up an excellent point.

If one is to never go to a doctor, will "God" heal them.

I would bet that not one person on this forum will allow themselves to be healed only by "God" and no medical intervention, when they are inflicted with an ailment.

Will anyone be honest enough to admit that they won't?

Albuquerque, NM

#431199 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, what good is the Bible to you guys when you reject so much of what the Apostles taught??
I will ask the same to you, but more pointed...

Why do you only believe less than six of the original Apostles, but when you rebuke others, you will state "the Apostles" without designating that you also believe in the same amount of individuals as the person you are asking?

Why do so-called "Christians" think they are better than others?

*sighs*

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#431200 Apr 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme - there is no proof of this claim.
But there is proof that this doctrine became dogma in one of the many councils presided over by men.
Basically, it was chosen to make this belief one you should believe, if you are to be involved with Christianity.
It doesn't make it any truer than there is only one being called "God" and one being named Jesus, and one being named the Holy Spirit.
It is all about how one perceives the information provided to them.
Self.
I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE Doctrine OF THE trinity IS NOT IN THE Bible.I refer to the specifics of the doctrine elaborated by Athanasius, Basil, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nanzianzus, That is indisputable.This doctrine is based on Scripture, but is their explanation. I happen to believe that their Doctrine is inspired and correct. This is based on my belief in Tradition and also my own critical analysis. Yet the Trinity is such a confounding Doctrine that any attempt to conceptualize it will g\fall short.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431201 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Catholic Catechism, and the Encyclicals which confirm and authenticate the TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE----THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS ----and THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, as they parallel, confirm, validate, and substantiate EVERYTHING that Jesus taught, proclaimed and handed down to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago. READ IT ALL --jethro8!! Then you can go "argue, discuss and debate with yourself in front of a mirror"!!
why would i want to waste my time reading biased material about the church? does it speak about how it came to power? does it say how it turned it's back on Christians being used as fodder in the games to entertain pagan roman emperors?does it speak of how the chair was bought and paid for for Pope Benedict IX by his influential father? and how about Pope Julius III and Innocenzo who was a child living in the street, julius brought him to the church claiming it was a nephew of his but reality was he was molesting the child back in the 1400's so that tells us they have been molesting children for about 600 years OH MY! does it tell us about pope Leo x? aptly illustrates his greatest priority:“Since God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it.” According to Alexandra Dumas,“Christianity assumed a pagan character” as Leo doggedly pursued worldly pleasures.Leo came from a powerful family and enjoyed early favors that helped him acquire the papal throne by the time he was 37....JETHRO,does your catechism tell the truth about your church in it's entirety? buying the papal chair,and you still want to claim apostolic succession? does it speak of how many people the church killed for not believing in it? does it tell us how it stole all the riches from conquered roman countries? does it say how it forced the church of Antioch to become a pagan/christian church because the roman army gave them the church?
THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS,that you choose to ignore. like i said why should i waste my time reading biased unholy catechisms and Encyclicals that mean nothing to the religious world except to the one man made non-apostolic unholy christian/pagan church? it means nothing to god/Jesus,why would it? they condemned jesus to death by crucifixion,so why would he build his church there?? and the bible tells you the head of the church is Jesus himself, not some guy in a funny outfit called a pope,all man made rubbish.

usa

#431202 Apr 4, 2013
HOJO:if your church is what it claims to be then you should have no problem answering my question,yet you do here it is:Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin. and show oral proof the catholic church is the alleged true church.

usa

#431203 Apr 4, 2013
be back later
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#431204 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church (Jesus Christs One True Church) was established initiated and founded by Jesus HIMSELF, with HIS DIVINE AUTHORITY...JETHRO:SHOW ME IN THE SCRIPTURES WHERE HE SAYS THIS? paul never says this (The AUTHORITY of TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.) why would he support a church that is killing his people? and explain this,like i asked"Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?" this proves that the R.P.C. church is not an apostolic church,it couldn't be,it's inhumanity towards man clearly points that out,no holy church would commit the crimes the pagan/church has. you need to re-read the true history i posted last week of your church, and maybe you'll finally see the truth.
--- Jethro; THE TRUE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST started in Jerusalem not in Rome...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#431205 Apr 4, 2013
who="Normand Guay"
--- Clay; I disagree and you are clueless and nuts;>>>AS IF JESUS CHRIST WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GOD THE FATHER DID NOT PUT GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES TOGETHER... Clay you need to wake up... GET REAL...

Shhhhhhhhh...They think that only the Pope can hear from God...

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#431206 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE Doctrine OF THE trinity IS NOT IN THE Bible.I refer to the specifics of the doctrine elaborated by Athanasius, Basil, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nanzianzus, That is indisputable.This doctrine is based on Scripture, but is their explanation. I happen to believe that their Doctrine is inspired and correct. This is based on my belief in Tradition and also my own critical analysis. Yet the Trinity is such a confounding Doctrine that any attempt to conceptualize it will g\fall short.
Exactly Herme - thanks for responding.

It is a belief one decides. Does believing in this, make you inspired?

Or are you limiting "God's" inspiration to certain individuals for another reason?

#431207 Apr 4, 2013
who="confrinting with the word"

who="Normand Guay"
--- Clay; I disagree and you are clueless and nuts;>>>AS IF JESUS CHRIST WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GOD THE FATHER DID NOT PUT GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES TOGETHER... Clay you need to wake up... GET REAL...
KM

PS Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

If one is of God, he/she will hear His voice. "My sheep know My voice."

KayMarie
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#431208 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I believe the Holy Spirit guided the Church when they put the Bible together. Jesus also put the Church together ya know?
Besides, what good is the Bible to you guys when you reject so much of what the Apostles taught??
--- Clay; YES what good is the Bible to the Roman Catholics when they reject what JESUS CHRIST AND THE APOSTLES TAUGHT; especially on the issues of GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS... GOD THE TRINITY AND GOD'S WAYS [GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS] are the best ways... Thankyou and hope to see you in Heaven with JESUS CHRIST...

#431209 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I believe the Holy Spirit guided the Church when they put the Bible together. Jesus also put the Church together ya know?
~~~

Of what profit is the word of God ,....If THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

has incorporated and attempted to taint it with paganism, AND SERVE

A DIFFERENT CORRUPTIBLE JESUS WHICH THEY HAVE INVENTED/MADE THE IMAGE

OF PUT HIM ON A MINI CROSS

WHICH THEY CALL A CRUCIFIX..

ATTEMPTING TO DISPLAY THE REAL JESUS IN A POSITION OF SHAME HE DESPISED

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

who for the joy that was set before him

endured the cross,

despising the shame, and

is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

HAVING NO RESPECT FOR JESUS' OPINION OF THE CROSS.

#431210 Apr 4, 2013
I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE Doctrine OF THE trinity IS NOT IN THE Bible.I refer to the specifics of the doctrine elaborated by Athanasius, Basil, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nanzianzus, That is indisputable.This doctrine is based on Scripture, but is their explanation. I happen to believe that their Doctrine is inspired and correct. This is based on my belief in Tradition and also my own critical analysis. Yet the Trinity is such a confounding Doctrine that any attempt to conceptualize it will g\fall short.

We are made in the image of God: spirit, soul and body...
THREE IN ONE.
Jesus prayed in the 17th chapter of John, 11th verse:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

The word 'trinity' is not used, but might as well be, for it is speaking of three persons that are ONE.

KayMarie
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431211 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>A person must know how to read the Bible and its various genres. Otherwise, you are right. Some thing will seem absurd. I do thank you for disagreeing IN A RSPECTFUL WAY.
Likewise. Thank you for your take.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#431212 Apr 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Normand Guay"
KM
lol. Yeah that's it Kay, you got us pegged.

Kinda ironic, that you follow and obey your own self proclaimed 'Pope', who's changed more of the teachings from Christ, then all of the Popes combined - because they changed zero!

#431213 Apr 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Of what profit is the word of God ,....If THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
has incorporated and attempted to taint it with paganism, AND SERVE
A DIFFERENT CORRUPTIBLE JESUS WHICH THEY HAVE INVENTED/MADE THE IMAGE
OF PUT HIM ON A MINI CROSS
WHICH THEY CALL A CRUCIFIX..
ATTEMPTING TO DISPLAY THE REAL JESUS IN A POSITION OF SHAME HE DESPISED
Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
who for the joy that was set before him
endured the cross,
despising the shame, and
is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
HAVING NO RESPECT FOR JESUS' OPINION OF THE CROSS.
~~~

THEY HAVE DONE THE SAME WITH MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

THEY HAVE TAKEN THE FACT THAT SHE WAS A VIRGIN and turned it into a

tabloid sexual exploitation..that has displayed her before the world

in a sensual light..coming from a bunch of dirty minded old men they

call their holy fathers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 979,264
Waiting to pee 44 min Tallguy95 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min Clearwater 92,242
allofourstuff.com 1 hr AllofOurStuff 1
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr kingwhats 449
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr The Real Donald T... 30
John Holmes(white man)had biggest penis in history (Dec '08) 1 hr Big Daddy K 94
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr what 285,938
More from around the web