Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,483
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430759 Apr 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?
YOU WROTE...

Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof ...

IN THEIR DOUBLE STANDARD...

#1.They reject and castigate .... evangelicals... because we believe/use depend upon ....the Bible.

#2. Yet They attempt to use the Bible.... which ... they claim to reject.... as proof for their fables, and conjecture.

They attempt to play both sides of the spectrum...

Jas_1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Jas_4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Location hidden

#430760 Apr 1, 2013
737 394
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear you refuse to refute me with logical and credible refutation, instead you use your unfounded claim against me.
I know what the passage means.
Why do you believe men?
For you to say, the only message you see in the two verses is "He would rather" shows you have not the foggiest idea what the message is...

Look at them again....what would he rather???

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430761 Apr 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't divide mankind nor did the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Catholic Church.divide the faith! It starts with people like you who "reject" what God, and what Jesus Christ initially intended since the beginning of creation.....to acknowledge, believe, follow and worship God Our Father and His Son Jesus, and His Saving Grace and Salvation that He gives and offers us.in and though His One True Catholic Church......Luther divided, Zwingli divided more, Wycliff added more division, Calvin even more,---continuing for over 450 years on this forum, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN,(you Michael) jethro8 and on and on with athiests and agnostics. You are right!! God never intended to divide! The Catholic Church believes and teaches that we are One "ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ. It is unfortunate that bible only Protestants refuse to believe this!!!! Ask the "fundies" about division!! They are the ones that "started their "divisive Christian beliefs"!!

JESUS DID NOT LIE...
NO---But "YOU" do!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430762 Apr 1, 2013
It is clear you refuse to refute me with logical and credible refutation, instead you use your unfounded claim against me.
Why do you believe men?
Oxbow wrote:
737 394
<quoted text>
For you to say, the only message you see in the two verses is "He would rather" shows you have not the foggiest idea what the message is...
Look at them again....what would he rather???
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
My post has nothing of what you said.

Please stop lying about me.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#430763 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO---But "YOU" do!!!!
hojo, I may not agree with all the RCC claims, but I must say I admire your certainty in your faith.

Location hidden

#430764 Apr 1, 2013
The Roman Catholic "Church" is Not Christian

Practically all precepts of the Roman Catholic religion contradict the Bible repeatedly. In this article, we are going to examine a few Roman Catholic doctrines and compare them with the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible.

The Roman Catholic church is the largest cult in the world and most preachers will not openly say so because it is so large. For Catholics who read this, please remember this: the person that tells you the truth is the one that cares. If you will only believe the holy scriptures--the Bible--and nothing else, you can be released from deception today.

Just look at the scriptures and compare them to the precepts of Rome. You will not be the first person to read the scriptures clearly and then be saved by REPENTING of your sins and BELIEVING on the death, burial and resurrection of our wonderful and glorious Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who shed his blood ONE TIME to pay for our sins that we have committed. He died to completely pay for our sins and he rose again for our justification (ref. Romans 4:25).

You will not get to heaven by your own works and by following the rules and regulations of a (supposedly) religious organization--the Roman Catholic institution--which is founded on heresies and blasphemies. When we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and read his word, we love him and he helps us to serve him and walk uprightly and understand what we need to know. Salvation is a free gift (reference Romans 5:15-16, 17)--no paying for "masses", "indulgences", etc. No "penance", crawling on your knees, purgatory, etc. The Lord Jesus Christ died ONE time to purchase our eternal salvation. All that we have to do is REPENT of our sins, BELIEVE that he died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day, and we must also OBEY his word (his commandments are not grievous, reference I John 5:13).
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430765 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

I LIVE UNDER GRACE...THE UNMERITED FAVOR OF GOD.
YOU WANT ME TO LIVE UNDER THE BONDAGE, SLAVERY AND EARNED FAVOR OF ROME.
We, as Catholics, "could care less" as to (where) you live and what you believe. We know (without a doubt) that the Catholic Church is JESUS' One True Church, formed by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF, Over 2000 years ago....... Since you "fundies" don't then take your other 42,000 contradicting Protestant beliefs with you, and argue among yourselves and go live your "bible only" Christianity, somewhere else, if you so strongly believe that you've got it right!!---We as Catholics are FULLY CONTENT with Jesus Christ as Savior, redeemer and Our Salvation worshipping In His One True Church-- And we, as Catholics will "continue" to live OUR FAITH in the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH, THE FULLNESS OF (over 2000 years of the TRUE FAITH and the OVERABUNDING "COMPLETENESS" of Gods Grace, that Our Lord left us in His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!....... Makes "absolutely no difference" to us Catholics ,(what you do!!...I lived the "bible only lie" for over 35 years and IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430766 Apr 1, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo, I may not agree with all the RCC claims, but I must say I admire your certainty in your faith.
Thanks--and God's blessing to you!!

#430767 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO---But "YOU" do!!!!
~~~

So when I post the word of God..the scriptures ...you say I lie

Evidently to you.... the word of God is lies...Right

#430768 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We, as Catholics, "could care less" as to (where) you live and what you believe. We know (without a doubt) that the Catholic Church is JESUS' One True Church, formed by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF, Over 2000 years ago....... Since you "fundies" don't then take your other 42,000 contradicting Protestant beliefs with you, and argue among yourselves and go live your "bible only" Christianity, somewhere else, if you so strongly believe that you've got it right!!---We as Catholics are FULLY CONTENT with Jesus Christ as Savior, redeemer and Our Salvation worshipping In His One True Church-- And we, as Catholics will "continue" to live OUR FAITH in the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH, THE FULLNESS OF (over 2000 years of the TRUE FAITH and the OVERABUNDING "COMPLETENESS" of Gods Grace, that Our Lord left us in His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!....... Makes "absolutely no difference" to us Catholics ,(what you do!!...I lived the "bible only lie" for over 35 years and IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
~~~

You wrote...

We, as Catholics, "could care less" as to (where) you live and what you believe.

~~~~

What you are saying is...you care,... but you could care less..right?

.or is it that you could not care less?

Either way you have no love for the rest of the world ...

(that is) unless they come under the dominion of the

Roman Catholic Church. THAT ATTEMPTS TO CONTROL GOD'S GRACE

I will take God's gift of GRACE.... against your ATTEMPTED TO CONTROL HIS GRACE any day...

The Bible says..
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

~~~~

YOUR CHURCH DID NOT GIVE GOD'S LOVE AND GRACE TO ME

YOU CANNOT CONTROL HIS LOVE AND GRACE TOWARD ME.

.NEITHER CAN YOU TAKE MY GIFT OF GOD'S LOVE AND GRACE..AWAY FROM ME.

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye/I AM... saved through faith; and that not of yourselves/MYSELF:... it is the gift of God:

Location hidden

#430769 Apr 1, 2013
Why do you believe men?
<quoted text>
My post has nothing of what you said.
Please stop lying about me.
I do sincerely apologize. The "rather" thing came from 7th Day Catholics Rock...my error....

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430770 Apr 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The WEEKLY SABBATH id Saturday the 7th day.
read your Bible
i know Saturday is the Sabbath,i misread your post.

usa

#430771 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE...
#1.They reject and castigate .... evangelicals... because we believe/use depend upon ....the Bible.
#2. Yet They attempt to use the Bible.... which ... they claim to reject.... as proof for their fables, and conjecture.
Jas_4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
true they seem to use the bible when it favors the church,but if not they deny it,like clay did when i posted 2 timothy,he said it takes more than passage to prove apostolic succession if that were true then 2 timothy would be wrong,and according to legend,the bible is infallible.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430772 Apr 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
Its Pharisee. And you, Confrint and everyone else are repeating the same mistakes as the Scribes and Pharisees.'Word of God' is taken out of context and manipulated to condemn Catholics to Hell. The parallels are alarming.
Perhaps this is why Christ never instructed that a Christian 'word of God' be written to dictate His will. He started a Church and gave us the Eucharist to abide in Him and He in us. THAT is the word of God.
Your 'word of God' has to be written down in detail and then you form it to whatever belief you desire.

Actually the pharisees did not follow the word at all. They made up their own rules & traditions called the talmud. This was the 613 rules around the Sabbath they accused Jesus of breaking. But he did not follow their rules. Catholics do the same. They have created many extra rules not of the word.

usa

#430773 Apr 1, 2013
left out a word:confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE...
Jas_4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded...JETHRO:
true they seem to use the bible when it favors the church,but if not they deny it,like clay did when i posted 2 timothy,he said it takes more than one passage to prove apostolic succession, if that were true then 2 timothy would be wrong,and according to legend,the bible is infallible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430774 Apr 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do sincerely apologize. The "rather" thing came from 7th Day Catholics Rock...my error....
:o)

thanks!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#430775 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
So when I post the word of God..the scriptures ...you say I lie
Evidently to you.... the word of God is lies...Right
NO!!! Gods word "doesn't lie"--but--YES-- YOU DO--when you list bible verses and then twist the interpretation by "editorializing and adding "your own" (hostile) personal (anti-catholic opinion) to those verses, making it mean ONLY what "YOU" want it mean....Many others (including Protestants) who comment on this forum, know how vindictively you distort, and unscrupulously manipulate the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Word of God..especially... Clay, Anthony, Regina Star and EVERY OTHER CATHOLIC who has posted on this forum, have "caught you" over and over again "twisting" Gods Word----which is (in fact) lying!!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#430776 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
As far as you are concerned...The word of God is controlled by your
CATECHISM
NOPE!! We, as Catholics "read, follow and adhere" to Sacred Scripture "every single day" and (if and when) there arises a controversial clarification regarding the "true interpretation" of certain verses in the bible,(and there are many) we refer to the Catholic Catechism, to construe and elucidate the "true meaning --AND--- THE CHURCH--as the final authority;...It is "exactly as Paul directs us in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
Your Protestant "bible only" denominations of 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting (interpretations of the bible) are "nothing but" a hodge-podge of chaotic and confusing "editorial opinions" which equals 42,000 different "relative truths" of bible interpretation (WHATEVER EACH PERSON "THINKS" IS TRUTH!!!

Location hidden

#430777 Apr 1, 2013
774 762
<quoted text>
:o)
thanks!
De nada....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#430778 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote...
We, as Catholics, "could care less" as to (where) you live and what you believe.
~~~~
What you are saying is...you care,... but you could care less..right?
I
As usual, Confrinting--you have become an "expert" at manipulating what I say, what Clay, or Regina or Anthony or Star or ANY CATHOLIC SAYS---just like you do with "bible verses' by "making them mean (only) what you want them to mean! Quit playing games confrinting! You know "exactly" what I mean!.. If you so firmly believe in your "bible only" (editorialized (opinionated) Christianity, then "go live it" somewhere else. HOWEVER, I/we as Catholics ALL KNOW that you CAN'T and WON'T do that, because your "entire bible only minister" is predicated, dependent and reliant upon attacking, condemning and passing your "personal opinionated judgement" against other Christians, their (daily) personal faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and against the Churches they worship in---(especially Catholics)..... Your bible only ministry CANNOT EXIST without those attacks of your against the THE TRUTH of Jesus Christ's historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Catholic Church!!...I/we as Catholics,KNOW THE TRUTH and we will continue to put our faith, hope, trust and salvation in Jesus Christ, each and every day, at Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Christs true body and true blood, the Word of God proclaimed daily, the other Sacraments, personal prayer and the Adoration Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament. Like I said before---YOU CAN DO WANT YOU WANT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,321
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineM 229,927
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 14 min ChromiuMan 5,454
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min RADEKT 261,641
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min Tim Osman 118,656
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 38 min top 1,070
ardy 23 tahun bandung call for job 52 min ardy ryan 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr yon 602,162
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 18 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE