Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,439
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430746 Apr 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, the day the Lord rose from the dead was Sunday. Its was already revealed as such. Its in the writings of the students of the Apostles too. There is no secret. No conspiracy. I think you're just convincing yourself of something that is not there. You gotta find some way to justify being a Sabbath observer and still call yourself a Christian.
You just do not get it that i am saying he did rise on the first day of the week according a biblical day set in Genesis.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430747 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol. my knowledge of what transpired came from God not SOME MAN"S OPINION.
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. MOX NIXS TO ME.
yea we know what transpired with you. like talking to your dead gramps, Jesus appearing next to you sitting down, and claiming lireally that living water flowed from your side without getting the bed wet. Knowing that is not what Gods word was talking about.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430748 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't divide mankind nor did the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Catholic Church.divide the faith! It starts with people like you who "reject" what God, and what Jesus Christ initially intended since the beginning of creation.....to acknowledge, believe, follow and worship God Our Father and His Son Jesus, and His Saving Grace and Salvation that He gives and offers us.in and though His One True Catholic Church......Luther divided, Zwingli divided more, Wycliff added more division, Calvin even more,---continuing for over 450 years on this forum, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN,(you Michael) jethro8 and on and on with athiests and agnostics. You are right!! God never intended to divide! The Catholic Church believes and teaches that we are One "ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ. It is unfortunate that bible only Protestants refuse to believe this!!!! Ask the "fundies" about division!! They are the ones that "started their "divisive Christian beliefs"!!
if this were true how come you can not deny my question to you which i have been trying to get you to answer? which i just posted to you again.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430749 Apr 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
IF A PERSON IS NOT A Christiana.... AND HE SAYS.."GET BEHIND ME SATAN.'
Satan will get behind him alright.... and push him right into more ungodliness
I GAVE HIM THE TRUTH...WHAT he has faith for is his....
IF A MAN DOES NOT HAVE FAITH ENOUGH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST TO CLEANS HIM FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS...
THEN HE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NO FAITH AT ALL..GOD DOES NOT LIE
NEITHER DOES GOD CATEGORIZE SIN.
The Bible says...
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
THE BIBLE SAY ..to cleanse us from ALL\\ unrighteousness.
IF THERE IS SOME UNRIGHTEOUS WE DON'T WONT TO GIVE UP AND BE CLEANSED FROM...THAT IS OUR FORTE...
IT DOES NOT NEGATE GOD'S PROMISE...
GOD WILL NOT VIOLATE OUR FREE WILL...
HE WONT FORCE US TO GIVE IT UP....BUT WE WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR DECISION..
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
THERE IS NO PLACE in the Bible where God says that one sin is more evil than another...with the exception of blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
The roman Catholic church came up with the invention of different kinds of sins...
Sin is the rejection of CHRIST..AS ONE'S PERSONAL SAVIOR
THE REST OF THE SINS THAT MAN COMMITS IS THE RESULT OF REJECTING HIM..
Most of your post on here is an act of a sinful nature so what's your excuse of justifcation ?

You are a Pharasee
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430750 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
IF A PERSON IS NOT A Christiana.... AND HE SAYS.."GET BEHIND ME SATAN.'
Satan will get behind him alright.... and push him right into more ungodliness
I GAVE HIM THE TRUTH...WHAT he has faith for is his....
IF A MAN DOES NOT HAVE FAITH ENOUGH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST TO CLEANS HIM FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS...
THEN HE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NO FAITH AT ALL..GOD DOES NOT LIE
NEITHER DOES GOD CATEGORIZE SIN.
The Bible says...
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
THE BIBLE SAY ..to cleanse us from ALL\\ unrighteousness.
IF THERE IS SOME UNRIGHTEOUS WE DON'T WONT TO GIVE UP AND BE CLEANSED FROM...THAT IS OUR FORTE...
IT DOES NOT NEGATE GOD'S PROMISE...
GOD WILL NOT VIOLATE OUR FREE WILL...
HE WONT FORCE US TO GIVE IT UP....BUT WE WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR DECISION..
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
THERE IS NO PLACE in the Bible where God says that one sin is more evil than another...with the exception of blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
The roman Catholic church came up with the invention of different kinds of sins...
Sin is the rejection of CHRIST..AS ONE'S PERSONAL SAVIOR
THE REST OF THE SINS THAT MAN COMMITS IS THE RESULT OF REJECTING HIM..
When is man cleansed of all sin and made incorruptable GIFFY ?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430751 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IF HE ACCEPTS GOD DELIVERANCE AND IS SAVED...AND SANCTIFIED... HE WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE URGES YOU POST ABOUT.
THE BIBLE SAYS...AND AGAIN GOD DOES NOT LIE...
1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
Then it sounds like God has held tru to his promise concerning Toney.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430752 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IF HE ACCEPTS GOD DELIVERANCE AND IS SAVED...AND SANCTIFIED... HE WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE URGES YOU POST ABOUT.
THE BIBLE SAYS...AND AGAIN GOD DOES NOT LIE...
1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
P.S.
I think he has accepted it it is you and Percy who has not !!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430753 Apr 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your answer is wrong,the true Sabbath is Saturday.
The WEEKLY SABBATH id Saturday the 7th day.

read your Bible

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430754 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't divide mankind nor did the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Catholic Church.divide the faith! It starts with people like you who "reject" what God, and what Jesus Christ initially intended since the beginning of creation.....to acknowledge, believe, follow and worship God Our Father and His Son Jesus, and His Saving Grace and Salvation that He gives and offers us.in and though His One True Catholic Church......Luther divided, Zwingli divided more, Wycliff added more division, Calvin even more,---continuing for over 450 years on this forum, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN,(you Michael) jethro8 and on and on with athiests and agnostics. You are right!! God never intended to divide! The Catholic Church believes and teaches that we are One "ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ. It is unfortunate that bible only Protestants refuse to believe this!!!! Ask the "fundies" about division!! They are the ones that "started their "divisive Christian beliefs"!!

~~~

The (so called) One True Catholic Catholic Church....divided the faith when it created the great schism, became the first protestant Church and broke away for the Orthodox Christian Church...that canonized the Bible...

1Co_8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph_4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

~~~

God's kingdom does not have it's headquarters in Rome Italy...neither is it governed by the pope.

Jerusalem (ZION) IS THE LOCATION WHERE CHRIST WILL REIGN...FOR 1000 YEARS Until then God's kingdom is in the heart's of all believers in JESUS CHRIST HIS SON.

FROM THE SCRIPTURES,...

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world:

if my kingdom were of this world,

then would my servants fight,

that I should not be delivered to the Jews:

but now is my kingdom not from hence.

JESUS DID NOT LIE...

#430755 Apr 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Most of your post on here is an act of a sinful nature so what's your excuse of justifcation ?
You are a Pharasee
~~~

YOU DEFEND A MAN THAT says that he has not received deliverance AN ADMITTED HOMOSEXUAL ..

ARE YOU ONE ALSO...Is that the reason for you sudden tirade and name calling?

I was not writing to you ....are you defending him or yourself?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#430757 Apr 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Most of your post on here is an act of a sinful nature so what's your excuse of justifcation ?
You are a Pharasee
Its Pharisee. And you, Confrint and everyone else are repeating the same mistakes as the Scribes and Pharisees.'Word of God' is taken out of context and manipulated to condemn Catholics to Hell. The parallels are alarming.
Perhaps this is why Christ never instructed that a Christian 'word of God' be written to dictate His will. He started a Church and gave us the Eucharist to abide in Him and He in us. THAT is the word of God.
Your 'word of God' has to be written down in detail and then you form it to whatever belief you desire.

#430758 Apr 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its Pharisee. And you, Confrint and everyone else are repeating the same mistakes as the Scribes and Pharisees.'Word of God' is taken out of context and manipulated to condemn Catholics to Hell. The parallels are alarming.
Perhaps this is why Christ never instructed that a Christian 'word of God' be written to dictate His will. He started a Church and gave us the Eucharist to abide in Him and He in us. THAT is the word of God.
Your 'word of God' has to be written down in detail and then you form it to whatever belief you desire.
~~~

As far as you are concerned...The word of God is controlled by your

CATECHISM

WHILE

Your RELIGIOUS SYSTEM attempts to control the GRACE OF GOD..

WITH YOUR SET OF LAWS RITUALS FABLES CONJECTURE...AND IDOLATRY YOUR PRIEST HOOD AND... YOUR POPE IN ..ROME..

I LIVE UNDER GRACE...THE UNMERITED FAVOR OF GOD.

YOU WANT ME TO LIVE UNDER THE BONDAGE, SLAVERY AND EARNED FAVOR OF ROME.

NO THANK YOU..

THE WORD SAYS...

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

I WILL NOT WILLFULLY BUCKLE UNDER YOUR BONDAGE

#430759 Apr 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?
YOU WROTE...

Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof ...

IN THEIR DOUBLE STANDARD...

#1.They reject and castigate .... evangelicals... because we believe/use depend upon ....the Bible.

#2. Yet They attempt to use the Bible.... which ... they claim to reject.... as proof for their fables, and conjecture.

They attempt to play both sides of the spectrum...

Jas_1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Jas_4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Location hidden

#430760 Apr 1, 2013
737 394
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear you refuse to refute me with logical and credible refutation, instead you use your unfounded claim against me.
I know what the passage means.
Why do you believe men?
For you to say, the only message you see in the two verses is "He would rather" shows you have not the foggiest idea what the message is...

Look at them again....what would he rather???

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430761 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>

JESUS DID NOT LIE...
NO---But "YOU" do!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430762 Apr 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
It is clear you refuse to refute me with logical and credible refutation, instead you use your unfounded claim against me.
I know what the passage means.
Why do you believe men?
Oxbow wrote:
737 394
<quoted text>
For you to say, the only message you see in the two verses is "He would rather" shows you have not the foggiest idea what the message is...
Look at them again....what would he rather???
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
My post has nothing of what you said.

Please stop lying about me.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#430763 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO---But "YOU" do!!!!
hojo, I may not agree with all the RCC claims, but I must say I admire your certainty in your faith.

Location hidden

#430764 Apr 1, 2013
The Roman Catholic "Church" is Not Christian

Practically all precepts of the Roman Catholic religion contradict the Bible repeatedly. In this article, we are going to examine a few Roman Catholic doctrines and compare them with the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible.

The Roman Catholic church is the largest cult in the world and most preachers will not openly say so because it is so large. For Catholics who read this, please remember this: the person that tells you the truth is the one that cares. If you will only believe the holy scriptures--the Bible--and nothing else, you can be released from deception today.

Just look at the scriptures and compare them to the precepts of Rome. You will not be the first person to read the scriptures clearly and then be saved by REPENTING of your sins and BELIEVING on the death, burial and resurrection of our wonderful and glorious Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who shed his blood ONE TIME to pay for our sins that we have committed. He died to completely pay for our sins and he rose again for our justification (ref. Romans 4:25).

You will not get to heaven by your own works and by following the rules and regulations of a (supposedly) religious organization--the Roman Catholic institution--which is founded on heresies and blasphemies. When we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and read his word, we love him and he helps us to serve him and walk uprightly and understand what we need to know. Salvation is a free gift (reference Romans 5:15-16, 17)--no paying for "masses", "indulgences", etc. No "penance", crawling on your knees, purgatory, etc. The Lord Jesus Christ died ONE time to purchase our eternal salvation. All that we have to do is REPENT of our sins, BELIEVE that he died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day, and we must also OBEY his word (his commandments are not grievous, reference I John 5:13).
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430765 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

I LIVE UNDER GRACE...THE UNMERITED FAVOR OF GOD.
YOU WANT ME TO LIVE UNDER THE BONDAGE, SLAVERY AND EARNED FAVOR OF ROME.
We, as Catholics, "could care less" as to (where) you live and what you believe. We know (without a doubt) that the Catholic Church is JESUS' One True Church, formed by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF, Over 2000 years ago....... Since you "fundies" don't then take your other 42,000 contradicting Protestant beliefs with you, and argue among yourselves and go live your "bible only" Christianity, somewhere else, if you so strongly believe that you've got it right!!---We as Catholics are FULLY CONTENT with Jesus Christ as Savior, redeemer and Our Salvation worshipping In His One True Church-- And we, as Catholics will "continue" to live OUR FAITH in the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH, THE FULLNESS OF (over 2000 years of the TRUE FAITH and the OVERABUNDING "COMPLETENESS" of Gods Grace, that Our Lord left us in His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!....... Makes "absolutely no difference" to us Catholics ,(what you do!!...I lived the "bible only lie" for over 35 years and IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430766 Apr 1, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo, I may not agree with all the RCC claims, but I must say I admire your certainty in your faith.
Thanks--and God's blessing to you!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Toby 96,668
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Bongo 763,125
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min lisw 174,954
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Dr_Zorderz 263,306
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 19 min Richies Cool Man ... 213
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 37 min Classic 1,843
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min Remnant of 144000 39,138
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr His Eminency dr S... 603,493
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 6 hr sahil dubai 132

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE