Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,759)

Showing posts 415,161 - 415,180 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

no
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

PLUTNO=PLUTA NA VODI
KORK
KARKKERKKIRKKORKKURK
see
i liked see numbers as well alpabetic letters
if i put one within
did i find something
yes i am
i find many things so ordinary
now
is that good
yes good
less then very good
yes
then
why you need be scare from me
oh
i don't need be shame from my words..i don't mean hurt anyone no
jesus say who spit over your face turn another as well other things
o did i
yes they do to me many things
they know they are
now so what
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS
Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
NOTE
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
So why do you attack his walk with Christ ? He no longer practices those urges and who knows what though may enter ones mind. That is when one is to say get behind me Satan and move on and put their trust in the Lord.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

YOU CAN GLORY IN YOUR CHURCH...
I WILL GLORY IN THE LORD..
My family and I will "continue (as always) to Glory in the TRUE faith and Salvation of JESUS CHRIST, in and through HIS ONE AND ONLY --TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!---Your glory, Confrinting, is in the "glorifying" of your---"listing of bible verses" and especially in your own "condemning and judgemental" bible only ministry, and definitely "not" in Jesus Christ!!
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The first day of the week on the lunar callender according to Gods Word evening to evening and sunset to sunset the first day of the week started as sunset on waht the gregorian calender changed the times and is known as 6 pm Saturday night. However it is not a Biblical time frame depending the time the sun did set that day.
Listen, the day the Lord rose from the dead was Sunday. Its was already revealed as such. Its in the writings of the students of the Apostles too. There is no secret. No conspiracy. I think you're just convincing yourself of something that is not there. You gotta find some way to justify being a Sabbath observer and still call yourself a Christian.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

i told you your altar is 3000 years ago

you not believe
evil upon evil as alwayes evil incarnator

now call good people satan did you
is that nice for me not
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The Sabbath in Bible Prophecy
by Steve Wohlberg
lol. my knowledge of what transpired came from God not SOME MAN"S OPINION.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. MOX NIXS TO ME.
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, the day the Lord rose from the dead was Sunday. Its was already revealed as such. Its in the writings of the students of the Apostles too. There is no secret. No conspiracy. I think you're just convincing yourself of something that is not there. You gotta find some way to justify being a Sabbath observer and still call yourself a Christian.
I agree with you 100%. to wish to return to the Laws are not what Jesus wanted for His people, therefore the sda's and those who like this flake cant be called Christian in any sense of that Title.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be better to embrace all of mankind, not divide it. No God would ever have such a plan.
I didn't divide mankind nor did the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Catholic Church.divide the faith! It starts with people like you who "reject" what God, and what Jesus Christ initially intended since the beginning of creation.....to acknowledge, believe, follow and worship God Our Father and His Son Jesus, and His Saving Grace and Salvation that He gives and offers us.in and though His One True Catholic Church......Luther divided, Zwingli divided more, Wycliff added more division, Calvin even more,---continuing for over 450 years on this forum, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN,(you Michael) jethro8 and on and on with athiests and agnostics. You are right!! God never intended to divide! The Catholic Church believes and teaches that we are One "ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ. It is unfortunate that bible only Protestants refuse to believe this!!!! Ask the "fundies" about division!! They are the ones that "started their "divisive Christian beliefs"!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU FOLLOW ....BEAR WITH ANOTHER STRANGE JESUS AND ANOTHER GOSPEL....
2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
You have made it very clear... that you are not a Christian...and yet
YOU attempt to quote Jesus AND THE SCRIPTURE...
You are a carnally minded INDIVIDUAL
attempting to explain spiritual things..
POSTING ABOUT something that you know nothing about...
JESUS SAID YE SHALL BE WITNESSES....
YOU AINT BEEN THERE
DONE THAT
NOR PARTICIPATED
IN THE SALVATION
THAT GOD HAS OFFERED.. YOU ARE NOT A CREDIBLE WITNESS...
___
YOU CANT GIVE AWAY THAT WHICH YOU DO NOT POSSES...YOU ONLY SPEAK FROM
THE HOLLOW EMPTINESS OF YOUR SOUL AND REPRESENT THE ONE THAT POSSESSES
YOU.
___
That God destroyed the cities of the Sodom, and Gomorrah and..because of their homosexual lifestyles...is enough proof from the Bible that He wont tolerate it.
YOUR OPINION DOES NOT CHANGE GOD'S WORD... NOR DOES IT NEGATE THE
WAGES OF SIN...THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH...
2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
2Pe 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
2Pe 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
Attack, attack, attack. Is that all you can do to me GiF?

You must be angry because you don't get to follow all of Jesus, huh?

You are the only one who can change that, but yet you refuse to, because you trust men over Jesus.

"You have made it very clear... that you are not a Christian...and yet
YOU attempt to quote Jesus AND THE SCRIPTURE..."
- true - I am not a so-called "Christian", yet am a follow of Jesus. Jealous of me? Am I giving you a bad name? Maybe you should begin to follow all of Jesus instead, like me, and honor him when you make the claim you believe him.

Unfortunately, by your book, he already knows you aren't following him.

Bummer for you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~~
YOU FOLLOW YOUR CORRUPTIBLE MEN AND SEE WHERE IT LEADS YOU...
Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,
choose you ....
but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. AND FOLLOW HIS WORD
This will be the same place you end up.

Why do you believe men?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear that you have no idea what message is in those verses...
It is clear you refuse to refute me with logical and credible refutation, instead you use your unfounded claim against me.

I know what the passage means.

Why do you believe men?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Folks, read the following APPENDIX and pray for understanding because there is much misunderstanding here.
http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app156.html
Self is all you require in order to achieve this.

Good luck.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So why do you attack his walk with Christ ? He no longer practices those urges and who knows what though may enter ones mind. That is when one is to say get behind me Satan and move on and put their trust in the Lord.
IF A PERSON IS NOT A Christiana.... AND HE SAYS.."GET BEHIND ME SATAN.'

Satan will get behind him alright.... and push him right into more ungodliness

I GAVE HIM THE TRUTH...WHAT he has faith for is his....

IF A MAN DOES NOT HAVE FAITH ENOUGH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST TO CLEANS HIM FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS...

THEN HE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NO FAITH AT ALL..GOD DOES NOT LIE

NEITHER DOES GOD CATEGORIZE SIN.

The Bible says...

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

THE BIBLE SAY ..to cleanse us from ALL\\ unrighteousness.

IF THERE IS SOME UNRIGHTEOUS WE DON'T WONT TO GIVE UP AND BE CLEANSED FROM...THAT IS OUR FORTE...

IT DOES NOT NEGATE GOD'S PROMISE...

GOD WILL NOT VIOLATE OUR FREE WILL...

HE WONT FORCE US TO GIVE IT UP....BUT WE WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR DECISION..

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

THERE IS NO PLACE in the Bible where God says that one sin is more evil than another...with the exception of blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

The roman Catholic church came up with the invention of different kinds of sins...

Sin is the rejection of CHRIST..AS ONE'S PERSONAL SAVIOR

THE REST OF THE SINS THAT MAN COMMITS IS THE RESULT OF REJECTING HIM..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So why do you attack his walk with Christ ? He no longer practices those urges and who knows what though may enter ones mind. That is when one is to say get behind me Satan and move on and put their trust in the Lord.
~~~

IF HE ACCEPTS GOD DELIVERANCE AND IS SAVED...AND SANCTIFIED... HE WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE URGES YOU POST ABOUT.

THE BIBLE SAYS...AND AGAIN GOD DOES NOT LIE...

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Jethro; you left JESUS CHRIST out of the picture...__JESUS CHRIST IS NUMBER ONE___... Jethro, you need to read MATT. MARK, LUKE, AND JOHN; because it is all about JESUS CHRIST OUR GREAT SAVIOR, REDEEMER, AND ONLY MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD THE FATHER AND PEOPLES... Hope to meet you in Heaven... Thankyou...
this post has nothing to do with jesus,it was about the first pope,and why paul would of been a better choice than peter

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"that we all learn from the Scriptures, and THAT IS SUFFICIENT FOR SALVATION"
Who taught that?? Where does Jesus Christ teach an idea like that?
Pad, you know a couple guys made that doctrine up. The Apostles never taught such a foreign concept. I'm happy you feel Gods love and grace when you pray, after all, God is infinite love and mercy. But I don't get why you think you can change Our Lords will like that? He established the Eucharist, you can't undo it and still call yourself a Christian.
tell me during the Eucharist,is it customary to use Jewish rye bread?:)

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

continued:
Thus one group worships the beast (Rev. 14:9), while the other group worships the Creator. Rev. 14:7. Additionally, those who worship the Creator have another key characteristic: They "keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus." Rev. 14:12. If you look at the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20), there is only one commandment about worshiping the Creator, and it is the one that states, "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and He rested on the seventh day." Ex. 20:11. By comparing Rev. 14:7 with Ex. 20:11, it is clear that Rev. 14:7 is simply quoting the fourth commandment and emphasizing its importance. Thus we see that Jesus Christ, who originally gave "The Revelation" to John on the Sabbath day, has also revealed in Revelation's prophecies His invitation to us to return to the Sabbath commandment to avoid following the beast!
Revelation points to "the foundation of the world": Notice carefully: "All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him [the beast], whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." Rev. 13:8. At the "foundation of the world," the Son of God made planet Earth in six days, and rested on the seventh day. See John 1:10; Ex. 20:11. When Adam and Eve sinned by yielding to the serpent's lies (Gen. 3:1-6), immediately the Son of God volunteered to become the Savior of fallen humanity. Thousands of years later, He appeared on earth as a Man to "seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10), that is, to eventually restore us to our original condition before the fall. If Adam and Eve had never sinned, they would have been happy, seventh-day Sabbath-keeping followers of their Creator throughout all eternity. Jesus died to bring us back to the Garden, to our original state. This is the purpose of the entire plan of salvation. By reading Genesis 1 and 2, by going back to the "foundation of the world," we learn the truth.
The "little horn" seeks to "change times and laws" (Daniel 7:25): By carefully comparing Daniel 7 with Revelation 13, we learn that "the beast" of Revelation is also called a "little horn" by Daniel the prophet. One of the key characteristics of the "little horn" is: "he shall think to change times and laws." Dan. 7:25. When we look at the Ten Commandments, we discover that there is only one commandment about "time," the Sabbath commandment. All Protestant Reformers of the 16th century identified the Roman Catholic Church as the "little horn" and "the beast." Significantly, the Roman Church boasts that it changed the Sabbath into Sunday, which fits the prophecy of Daniel 7:25 exactly. Three times in Daniel chapter 7, God is spoken of as "the Ancient of days." Daniel 7:9, 13, 22. This unique phrase, "the Ancient of days," is found nowhere else in the entire Bible, and points back to the original Creation Week when God Almighty first made the world in "six days" and rested on the "seventh day." Genesis 1; 2:1-3. The "little horn," with its "mouth speaking great things" (Dan. 7:8) attacked what God set up at "the foundation of the world."
The prophecies of Daniel and Revelation reveal that that Jesus Christ is seeking to undo this damage and to lead His people back, step by step, first to the cross, and then to the keeping of all of "the commandments of God" (Rev. 14:12), including the fourth, which points to the true Creator of heaven and earth. Jesus Christ is our Creator, and our "Lamb," who died because we have broken the Ten Commandments.
"If any man has an ear, let him hear."
Revelation 13:9
Christ rose on Sunday probablly aroud 6 pm at sunset when the Sabbath was ending sinche was not in the grave at dawn the next morning.
A biblical day sunset to sunset.
Therefore even in Death he kept the Sabbath.
your answer is wrong,the true Sabbath is Saturday.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
IF A PERSON IS NOT A Christiana.... AND HE SAYS.."GET BEHIND ME SATAN.'
Satan will get behind him alright.... and push him right into more ungodliness
I GAVE HIM THE TRUTH...WHAT he has faith for is his....
IF A MAN DOES NOT HAVE FAITH ENOUGH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST TO CLEANS HIM FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS...
THEN HE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NO FAITH AT ALL..GOD DOES NOT LIE
NEITHER DOES GOD CATEGORIZE SIN.
The Bible says...
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
THE BIBLE SAY ..to cleanse us from ALL\\ unrighteousness.
IF THERE IS SOME UNRIGHTEOUS WE DON'T WONT TO GIVE UP AND BE CLEANSED FROM...THAT IS OUR FORTE...
IT DOES NOT NEGATE GOD'S PROMISE...
GOD WILL NOT VIOLATE OUR FREE WILL...
HE WONT FORCE US TO GIVE IT UP....BUT WE WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR DECISION..
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
THERE IS NO PLACE in the Bible where God says that one sin is more evil than another...with the exception of blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
The roman Catholic church came up with the invention of different kinds of sins...
Sin is the rejection of CHRIST..AS ONE'S PERSONAL SAVIOR
THE REST OF THE SINS THAT MAN COMMITS IS THE RESULT OF REJECTING HIM..
~~~

THE BIBLE DOES SAY

1Co_6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My family and I will "continue (as always) to Glory in the TRUE faith and Salvation of JESUS CHRIST, in and through HIS ONE AND ONLY --TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!---Your glory, Confrinting, is in the "glorifying" of your---"listing of bible verses" and especially in your own "condemning and judgemental" bible only ministry, and definitely "not" in Jesus Christ!!
Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 415,161 - 415,180 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

347 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessarily so 716,771
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 min hemanth hemanthsahitya 458
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min River Tam 223,219
Steve Bridges 15 yr. sentence for the murder of... (Apr '08) 15 min Brittney Carey Bridges 34
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min petesake kis 114,654
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min Student 38,407
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 40 min MUQ1 36,414
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••