Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,356
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#430703 Apr 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So in other words,you are saying that the Eucharist saves us?
How can something which is a memorial of His death save us?He wants us to remember His death,but we are brought into His fold through repentance,and His Blood applied to us,to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.It is the death of Christ and the shedding of His blood that redeems us.Com munion was for the saints of God as believers to partake,in order to bring to remembrance His death,and what He suffered.
Jesus paid it all,His blood is the only cleansing flow."Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin."
That we all learn from the Scriptures,and that is sufficient for salvation.
"that we all learn from the Scriptures, and THAT IS SUFFICIENT FOR SALVATION"

Who taught that?? Where does Jesus Christ teach an idea like that?

Pad, you know a couple guys made that doctrine up. The Apostles never taught such a foreign concept. I'm happy you feel Gods love and grace when you pray, after all, God is infinite love and mercy. But I don't get why you think you can change Our Lords will like that? He established the Eucharist, you can't undo it and still call yourself a Christian.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#430704 Apr 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you left paul completely out of the picture why? there is more written by him than peter.com pared to paul peter was nothing.
--- Jethro; you left JESUS CHRIST out of the picture...__JESUS CHRIST IS NUMBER ONE___... Jethro, you need to read MATT. MARK, LUKE, AND JOHN; because it is all about JESUS CHRIST OUR GREAT SAVIOR, REDEEMER, AND ONLY MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD THE FATHER AND PEOPLES... Hope to meet you in Heaven... Thankyou...
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#430705 Apr 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>pparetly you don't knowour Ellen White or SDA they believe the same as the catholic from Friday to Sunday..........rotflol
Apparently I do not know everything about that group. Are you telling me you're a spin off from them? You teach that Christ did not rise on Sunday?
Preston

Waverly, OH

#430706 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>he stated to not let one judge you of a new moon or a Sabbath day.
Can you show me were Christ changed the first day of the week to a Sabbath day ?
on Shabbat, God rested.

on Sunday, the Son of God rested, His Work being FINISHED.

easy enough for a Christian to understand, but not the devils workmen
Preston

Waverly, OH

#430707 Apr 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So in other words,you are saying that the Eucharist saves us?
How can something which is a memorial of His death save us?He wants us to remember His death,but we are brought into His fold through repentance,and His Blood applied to us,to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.It is the death of Christ and the shedding of His blood that redeems us.Com munion was for the saints of God as believers to partake,in order to bring to remembrance His death,and what He suffered.
Jesus paid it all,His blood is the only cleansing flow."Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin."
That we all learn from the Scriptures,and that is sufficient for salvation.
Clay along with OTHER catholics seem to have a hard time understanding that when Jesus along with His Family got together ,it was ONLY a family reunion, nothing MORE.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430708 Apr 1, 2013
i put all number in one letter

which alphabet
now
i am not going talk no

i have only one word with four letters as mine
scret
so what i need go home
truth

Perth, Australia

#430709 Apr 1, 2013
two lovely heart
is that meaning
yes and no
if say first no then yes
truth

Perth, Australia

#430710 Apr 1, 2013
6 DAY WORK 7 DAY SABATH
ARE YOU FOR SURE OXY
NO
YOU ARE WRONG
Mind working nonstop..never rest even when you go sleep cell- neurons still working..
Why i am liar?
sin is
no with mind
no with words
no with mistake=ne svojim djelom
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430711 Apr 1, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Rarely does a man use so many words to say so little.
You wouldn't recognize the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His ONE TRUE Apostilic Catholic Church-- whether it be in a few words or many words. It has unfortunately "escaped" both you and your bible only heretical teachers Ron Rhodes and James McCarthy, who are just as mis-guided, mis-directed and confused as you are!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#430712 Apr 1, 2013
you are wrong
many many many is nice person with nice priviladge diploma place and so on..
no
i don't look that
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
now
i am not giving order to anyone
i just try tell you
you are from dust =body
potato=potasium pot as i um um=mind
think about that
i just in church put hand over my very tired eyes
did i see
yes i see man..no like us..i see head
no
i am not investigated that
definitly not
not interfer in anything
no
if i say no
i mean
i am good perfectly good
good is not mean everything nooo

now i liked be concern on my place yes
i need find what my people lost long time ago
thousand thousand years
i mean that
if i mean i will try find
no help from anyone
i don't wanted not at all
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430713 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>on Shabbat, God rested.
The Sabbath in Bible Prophecy
by Steve Wohlberg

Share on twitterMore Sharing Services

The book of Revelation was given on the Sabbath:"I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day" (Revelation 1:10), wrote John. The "Lord" is obviously Jesus. So what is His "day"? Many believe it to be Sunday, yet there is no Scriptural support for this private opinion. On the contrary, the only day that Jesus specifically identified as His day was the Sabbath. Christ declared, "The Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day." Matthew 12:8. Thus Christ revealed that He is "Lord" of that "day." As usual, Jesus was actually quoting Old Testament Scripture and applying it to Himself. The fourth commandment declares, "But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord." Exodus 20:10. There it is. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath day, which means, He is God Almighty in human form. If we stick to the Word alone, it is clear that the Book of Revelation was communicated to John on "the Lord's day," which, biblically speaking, is the Sabbath day.

The number "7" is God's special number in the book of Revelation: Significantly, the book of Revelation speaks of 7 churches (1:11), 7 golden candlesticks (1:12), 7 stars (1:16), 7 lamps of fire (4:5), 7 Spirits of God (4:5), 7 seals (5:1), 7 trumpets (8:2), 7 angels (15:1), and 7 last plagues (15:1) to be poured out on those who follow the beast whose number is 666. Rev. 13:18. Thus the number "7" is God's special number. Jesus Christ is represented as a "lamb ... having seven horns and seven eyes" (Revelation 5:6), which reveals that the number "7" is Jesus Christ's special number too, for it points to Him as the One who made heaven and earth in six days, and who rested on the seventh day. John 1:1-3; Ex. 20:11; Col. 1:16. Rev. 1:8,10,11; 22:12-14, 16 (KJV).

The Beast or the Creator?: In the book of Revelation, Jesus Christ warned that eventually "all the world" will wonder "after the beast" and "worship the beast." Rev. 13:3, 4; 14:9. To avoid worshipping "the beast," Revelation specifically says we should "worship Him that made heaven and earth, the sea, and the fountain of waters." Rev. 14:7. continued
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430714 Apr 1, 2013
continued:

Thus one group worships the beast (Rev. 14:9), while the other group worships the Creator. Rev. 14:7. Additionally, those who worship the Creator have another key characteristic: They "keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus." Rev. 14:12. If you look at the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20), there is only one commandment about worshiping the Creator, and it is the one that states, "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and He rested on the seventh day." Ex. 20:11. By comparing Rev. 14:7 with Ex. 20:11, it is clear that Rev. 14:7 is simply quoting the fourth commandment and emphasizing its importance. Thus we see that Jesus Christ, who originally gave "The Revelation" to John on the Sabbath day, has also revealed in Revelation's prophecies His invitation to us to return to the Sabbath commandment to avoid following the beast!

Revelation points to "the foundation of the world": Notice carefully: "All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him [the beast], whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." Rev. 13:8. At the "foundation of the world," the Son of God made planet Earth in six days, and rested on the seventh day. See John 1:10; Ex. 20:11. When Adam and Eve sinned by yielding to the serpent's lies (Gen. 3:1-6), immediately the Son of God volunteered to become the Savior of fallen humanity. Thousands of years later, He appeared on earth as a Man to "seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10), that is, to eventually restore us to our original condition before the fall. If Adam and Eve had never sinned, they would have been happy, seventh-day Sabbath-keeping followers of their Creator throughout all eternity. Jesus died to bring us back to the Garden, to our original state. This is the purpose of the entire plan of salvation. By reading Genesis 1 and 2, by going back to the "foundation of the world," we learn the truth.

The "little horn" seeks to "change times and laws" (Daniel 7:25): By carefully comparing Daniel 7 with Revelation 13, we learn that "the beast" of Revelation is also called a "little horn" by Daniel the prophet. One of the key characteristics of the "little horn" is: "he shall think to change times and laws." Dan. 7:25. When we look at the Ten Commandments, we discover that there is only one commandment about "time," – the Sabbath commandment. All Protestant Reformers of the 16th century identified the Roman Catholic Church as the "little horn" and "the beast." Significantly, the Roman Church boasts that it changed the Sabbath into Sunday, which fits the prophecy of Daniel 7:25 exactly. Three times in Daniel chapter 7, God is spoken of as "the Ancient of days." Daniel 7:9, 13, 22. This unique phrase, "the Ancient of days," is found nowhere else in the entire Bible, and points back to the original Creation Week when God Almighty first made the world in "six days" and rested on the "seventh day." Genesis 1; 2:1-3. The "little horn," with its "mouth speaking great things" (Dan. 7:8) attacked what God set up at "the foundation of the world."

The prophecies of Daniel and Revelation reveal that that Jesus Christ is seeking to undo this damage and to lead His people back, step by step, first to the cross, and then to the keeping of all of "the commandments of God" (Rev. 14:12), including the fourth, which points to the true Creator of heaven and earth. Jesus Christ is our Creator, and our "Lamb," who died because we have broken the Ten Commandments.

"If any man has an ear, let him hear."
Revelation 13:9

http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...

Christ rose on Sunday probablly aroud 6 pm at sunset when the Sabbath was ending sinche was not in the grave at dawn the next morning.
A biblical day sunset to sunset.
Therefore even in Death he kept the Sabbath.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#430715 Apr 1, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
At dawn? When the day begins? sunset?
The Bible text clearly says as the sabbath closed or after the sabbath.
I dont want to get into a large debate about this. It seems some began this as a sectarian thing and to try and disprove Sunday observance.
If Jesus was crucified on the Friday prep day and rose on Sunday then so be it. This did not change the Sabbath.
Luke 23:53-54 “And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. 54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.”
^ says Sabbath was about to come. Jesus died on a Friday. Verse 56 confirms this was the weekly Sabbath.
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath day according to the Commandment.
Then the following indicates this was a double sabbath/passover.
John 19:14 “And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!”
John 19:31 “The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day,(for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.”
Further to calculate the feast of passover, Friday, is provided here on page 2
www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com
The feast days or high sabbaths were nailed to the cross (Col 2:14-17) being a shadow of the coming Messiah.
For those that believe the Jesus story, how can anyone verify that he rose from the dead on Sunday, and not Saturday night? If his family came by sunday morning and saw the stone rolled away, and the tomb empty maybe he left 10:00 oclock Saturday night.

The catholic church would NEVER use saturday. That was the Jewish Sabbath, and christians would do anything not to have Jesus affiliated with his long life Jewish faith.

Christianity created the story and stole Jesus from the Jewish life he lived and died.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430716 Apr 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>How is it that a GAY MAN ( non-practicing ) knows more about Gods word that you self righteous hypocrites that can do nothing but condemn someone that has repented and God has already forgiven. Remember the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican that went into the temple to pray andf the Pharisee could do nothing but condemn the publican and puff himself up about how righteous he was and how sinful the publican was. You're the self righteous Pharisee.
~~~~

Any one can be nasty...

.but

Calling me names does not bring you deliverance...

If you are delivered then stop claiming to be gay...

EXERCISE YOU FAITH... OBEY THE WORD OF GOD... AND STOP CLAIMING...

THAT

WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED/DELIVERED FROM...

GOD WILL NOT FORCE DELIVERANCE UPON YOU AGAINST YOUR WILL...

YOU WILL BE GAY AS LONG AS YOU CLAIM,(confess) THAT YOU ARE...

The enemy of your soul will continue to tempt you, and

use your word against you.

Rom_14:23 .... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

DON'T LET YOUR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU RECEIVED IN YOUR SALVATION ....AND GOD'S WORD ....CONTINUE TO HOLD YOU

IN BONDAGE/slavery ...IN WHAT GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU FROM.

WALK IN YOUR DELIVERANCE...AS A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS.

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

STOP CLAIMING THAT..WHICH.. GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU FROM...WALK IN THE

VICTORY THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED..

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

YOUR SALVATION INCLUDES DELIVERANCE....SO WALK IN YOUR DELIVERANCE...

IF YOU ARE REALLY SAVED..(a born again Christian)... YOU HAVE RECEIVED

SALVATION...

SALVATION INCLUDES... DELIVERANCE! read the definition of salvation below...

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) DELIVERANCE; hence AID, VICTORY, PROSPERITY:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
___

JESUS TOLD THE MAN THAT WAS AT THE POOL AT BETHESDA...

Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole:-->sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

ALSO

Jesus told the woman that was taken in adultery...

Joh_8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee:--> go, and sin no more.

1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and

the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us FROM ALL SIN.

THE ABOVE ... SAYS FROM...ALL .SIN....NOT IN SIN...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#430717 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't recognize the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His ONE TRUE Apostilic Catholic Church-- whether it be in a few words or many words. It has unfortunately "escaped" both you and your bible only heretical teachers Ron Rhodes and James McCarthy, who are just as mis-guided, mis-directed and confused as you are!!

You would be better to embrace all of mankind, not divide it. No God would ever have such a plan.

You are going to be in for a big surprise when you die, when God embraces all of his creation, not just a chosen few as you do.

#430718 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan also quoted scripture!!(or better yet USED AND MANIPULATED SCRIPTURE to tempt, confuse and entice Jesus!...... You Confrinting, distort the TRUTH of the Word of God with (no regard) for the personal faith and salvation of ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN,except for your own "pride and ego"!! The basis of all of your beliefs and of and EVERY bible only "fundie" on this forum is (nothing but) EDITORICALIZED (PERSONAL OPINIONATED) interpretation of the bible---- which is "laced, ingrained, and (loaded) with anti-catholic hostility and vengeance---NOT doctrine, NOT theology, and NOT Truth. If there is ANY truth at all-it is "relative (editorial) truth" (whatever each person decides for them is the truth!!! 42,000 contradicting beliefs today: 42,500 inconsistent beliefs tomorrow, 43,000 conflicting beliefs the next day!!!..... For 35+ years, I was indoctrinated in this hoax, scam and fraudulent BIBLE ONLY thinking)!!--Not any more!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!----IT IS ALL YOURS!!!!! My family and I as TRUE Catholic Christians will remain with the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, and the TRUE faith and Salvation He gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through His One True Catholic Church!! You, my friend, can do and believe what you want!!!
~~~

Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

THE CUP OF SALVATION (JESUS) INCLUDES

H3444
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

YOU CAN GLORY IN YOUR CHURCH...

I WILL GLORY IN THE LORD..
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430719 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>on Shabbat, God rested.
Do you have scripture for that statement that he rested on Sunday or that he even scripture stateing Christ changed the Sabbath to the first day of the week ?

King James Version of Hebrews 4:8.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

As far as the 8th day that would point to eternity after the thousand year millenium
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430720 Apr 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Any one can be nasty...
.but
Calling me names does not bring you deliverance...
If you are delivered then stop claiming to be gay...
EXERCISE YOU FAITH... OBEY THE WORD OF GOD... AND STOP CLAIMING...
THAT
WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED/DELIVERED FROM...
GOD WILL NOT FORCE DELIVERANCE UPON YOU AGAINST YOUR WILL...
YOU WILL BE GAY AS LONG AS YOU CLAIM,(confess) THAT YOU ARE...
The enemy of your soul will continue to tempt you, and
use your word against you.
Rom_14:23 .... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
DON'T LET YOUR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU RECEIVED IN YOUR SALVATION ....AND GOD'S WORD ....CONTINUE TO HOLD YOU
IN BONDAGE/slavery ...IN WHAT GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU FROM.
WALK IN YOUR DELIVERANCE...AS A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS.
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
STOP CLAIMING THAT..WHICH.. GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU FROM...WALK IN THE
VICTORY THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED..
Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
YOUR SALVATION INCLUDES DELIVERANCE....SO WALK IN YOUR DELIVERANCE...
IF YOU ARE REALLY SAVED..(a born again Christian)... YOU HAVE RECEIVED
SALVATION...
SALVATION INCLUDES... DELIVERANCE! read the definition of salvation below...
H3444
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) DELIVERANCE; hence AID, VICTORY, PROSPERITY:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
___
JESUS TOLD THE MAN THAT WAS AT THE POOL AT BETHESDA...
Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole:-->sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
ALSO
Jesus told the woman that was taken in adultery...
Joh_8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee:--> go, and sin no more.
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and
the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us FROM ALL SIN.
THE ABOVE ... SAYS FROM...ALL .SIN....NOT IN SIN...
What does a sinner saved by grace mean to you ?

Wasn't it Paul who stated he had sinned above all ?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430721 Apr 1, 2013
http://www.judaismvschristianity.com/Passover...

Passover dates 26-34 A.D.

The following astronomical data in the first three columns below was obtained from the U.S. Naval Observatory Astronomical Applications Department. The pertinent file may be accessed on the Internet at http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-ap... .

Note. The times of day given in the second and third columns have been adjusted +2 hours from U.S. Naval Observatory figures to account for the difference between Jerusalem Israel and Greenwich England (universal) time.

It should also be noted that the first evening of a visible crescent moon (column 4) always occurs only minutes after sundown, which is at the very beginning of a new day on the Hebrew calendar. This Hebrew day correlates to the following day on our Gregorian calendar as noted in the chart below (column 5). Column 6 is Passover dates for the given years.

#430722 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>What does a sinner saved by grace mean to you ?
Wasn't it Paul who stated he had sinned above all ?
THE BIBLE SAYS

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

NOTE
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ROCCO 762,800
Moses never existed 24 min Khatru 494
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min onemale 263,228
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 40 min yon 207
Mumbai Gay Commity 43 min samir 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 44 min Tony 5,684
The King of Contemporary Instrumental Music Rin... 56 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 57 min The Awakener 174,932
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 58 min Here For Now 603,442
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 hr RFD 4,126