Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
415,121 - 415,140 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
In that url they were probably referring ot fact that AT DAWN when Mary arrived the tomb was already empty and had risen sometime early in the morning hours from sunset the night before.
I do not believe the SDA Church to be a cult that was not my intent of the article or url.

At dawn? When the day begins? sunset?

The Bible text clearly says as the sabbath closed or after the sabbath.

I dont want to get into a large debate about this. It seems some began this as a sectarian thing and to try and disprove Sunday observance.

If Jesus was crucified on the Friday prep day and rose on Sunday then so be it. This did not change the Sabbath.

Luke 23:53-54 “And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. 54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.”

^ says Sabbath was about to come. Jesus died on a Friday. Verse 56 confirms this was the weekly Sabbath.

56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath day according to the Commandment.

Then the following indicates this was a double sabbath/passover.

John 19:14 “And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!”
John 19:31 “The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day,(for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.”

Further to calculate the feast of passover, Friday, is provided here on page 2

www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com

The feast days or high sabbaths were nailed to the cross (Col 2:14-17) being a shadow of the coming Messiah.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>socci,I really enjoyed reading his magazine,"TRUMPET" very well written.Now his predecessor writes it,and it is still good,but like so many things today,we have varied opinions.
I do not have a problem with the observance of the Sabbath,by 7th Day Adventists,Church of God,and most Messianic Jews.But it is so clear that the early believers met on the Lord's Day,the first day of the week Sunday.Paul warned us not to be caught up in holy days,times and days of when we worship God.
No doubt the Apostel when with the Jews he observed the Sabbath,but with the gentile believers,it was the first day of the week,to commemorate the Resurrection.
he stated to not let one judge you of a new moon or a Sabbath day.

Can you show me were Christ changed the first day of the week to a Sabbath day ?
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is NOT the source of evil but bible only preachers like YOU who distort, manipulate and falsely editorialize the true meaning of the bible, have proven to ALL of us Catholic that it is YOU that has emerged as the SOURCE OF EVIL!...Quite frankly, "I couldn't care less, as to what believe. I/We as Catholics (know) "without a doubt" that the Catholic Church is, has and will ALWAYS BE, Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years.---As you continue to "make up" your own bible only (inconsistent and contradicting) History book of mtths and legends, and worshiping your (mis-interpreted bible verses, we as Catholics will "just continue" to WORSHIP follow, believe, and accept Jesus Christ, AS LORD AND SAVIOR (each day) at daily Mass, in which the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, and His Salvation, is proclaimed "EVERY DAY" at daily Mass, in Our Lords One (and only true) Apostolic Catholic Church. Go play your (merry-go-round) "bible verse (mis- quoting) game with the rest of your 42.000 other inconsistent bible only (buffoons). Your (heretical) false teachings don't interest ANY of us Catholics.
Rarely does a man use so many words to say so little.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows? Why take a chance on some other Gospel?
I would think for someone who was Catholic and partook in the Eucharist then later rejected it, would have a difficult time being saved. But someone who never knew it, wouldn't be held accountable.
So in other words,you are saying that the Eucharist saves us?

How can something which is a memorial of His death save us?He wants us to remember His death,but we are brought into His fold through repentance,and His Blood applied to us,to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.It is the death of Christ and the shedding of His blood that redeems us.Com munion was for the saints of God as believers to partake,in order to bring to remembrance His death,and what He suffered.

Jesus paid it all,His blood is the only cleansing flow."Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin."

That we all learn from the Scriptures,and that is sufficient for salvation.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Christmas was the promise..........Easter was the proof.
You could tell the story without pagan words:)

Nite all and thanks for the reply Pad, I agree with you it will be interesting as this seems to be another clear divide among many,'come out of her my people' comes to mind. xoxox
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
socci,I really enjoyed reading his magazine,"TRUMPET" very well written.Now his predecessor writes it,and it is still good,but like so many things today,we have varied opinions.
I do not have a problem with the observance of the Sabbath,by 7th Day Adventists,Church of God,and most Messianic Jews.But it is so clear that the early believers met on the Lord's Day,the first day of the week Sunday.Paul warned us not to be caught up in holy days,times and days of when we worship God.
No doubt the Apostel when with the Jews he observed the Sabbath,but with the gentile believers,it was the first day of the week,to commemorate the Resurrection.

It can be a big change to move to a Saturday Sabbath but it can be done. Especially if there's no problem at work. That is a real blessing.

I still get the CoG mag. Used to get the Trumpet too. The CoG are basically 7th day Baptists. Much different than the 7th-day Adventist. I just happen to get a flier to an SDA seminar and did learn a good deal there. Like the Roman Church most denominations have problems but we can still learn from them.

When the SDA Church was founded about 1860 much of Ellen White's books preserved what was taught at that time in all denominations most others have since lost. Ellen was like the founders of the Mormon and JW, a deceiver on a few issues. However, most SDA doctrine is very biblical. The Catholic could learn from them. I did!

Paul warned not to judge others about holy days of new converts as one respects one and another different meaning different cultures or nations have days as the US has Thanksgiving or Independence Day. This passage has nothing to do with the Sabbath. The Sabbath is one of God's 10C Law and has not changed. The other Sabbath issues in the NT are each addressed here if interested...

www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be a big change to move to a Saturday Sabbath but it can be done. Especially if there's no problem at work. That is a real blessing.
I still get the CoG mag. Used to get the Trumpet too. The CoG are basically 7th day Baptists. Much different than the 7th-day Adventist. I just happen to get a flier to an SDA seminar and did learn a good deal there. Like the Roman Church most denominations have problems but we can still learn from them.
When the SDA Church was founded about 1860 much of Ellen White's books preserved what was taught at that time in all denominations most others have since lost. Ellen was like the founders of the Mormon and JW, a deceiver on a few issues. However, most SDA doctrine is very biblical. The Catholic could learn from them. I did!
Paul warned not to judge others about holy days of new converts as one respects one and another different meaning different cultures or nations have days as the US has Thanksgiving or Independence Day. This passage has nothing to do with the Sabbath. The Sabbath is one of God's 10C Law and has not changed. The other Sabbath issues in the NT are each addressed here if interested...
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/
It has changed!!!!! Christ altered this Commandment:

Exodus 20:8-12
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians thrown to the lions by Rome were not Catholics rather Nazarenes. There was no eucharist among them.
I cannot make myself believe that any reasonable sane person would believe that Christians were not "thrown to the lions"!!!!

On CNN
According to a belief passed down through the centuries, the church grew because of Roman persecution. The blood of Christian martyrs such as Perpetua became “the seed of the church,” said third-century church leader Tertullian. It’s the Hollywood version of Christianity reflected in epic biblical films such as “Ben-Hur” and “The Robe.”

Vicious Romans relentlessly targeted early Christians, so the story goes, but the faith of people like Perpetua proved so inspiring that Christianity became the official religion of Rome, and eventually the largest religion in the world.

Look: It says...plain as day...that Christianity is the largest religion in the world...it does not say its the Catholic church....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

now we have our lovely black priest
yes from Africa..i just return from city cathedral..oh did i stay to much..yes i promise not..
but i see that two fish
25= two fish and five bread
now
its mean
he send manna as food=restaurant man+ na then+ o nao
meaning
da pozdravim u zraku moju tetu jaku
after all she past away
u zraku =in air
anty jaku=jak=power
odri ocima po repu..its in vain..
not sir..please sir..yes sir
now
nothing in vain all words from me is holy
appropriate or not
its look comic=yes they have there door as comic nemoj kazat na onaj street
language building near white buildind with red slip off card..its lok like that opose you have
feed my sheep=restorante 2 fish 5 bread chine korea japane
are you for sure i am liar
noooooo

who told you they like honest or innocent people
nooooooooooooooooooooo
they look nice
me
nooooooooooo
but they smart as modern lupez
me
i am honest as holy saints
now i notice more then go on other side 56 building with allmighty 0
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

manna
nao neo=internet
my god
susshi is near all side
i need go again oposite rail train roe street..up nrth overbridge..now
i find inner koreo plutno=mutno,,on door oblaze zidove..internet

neon

bion cion dion fion nion

nao neo nio niu
i drove many things on m y papers..not geometricly corect symbolicly yes ..ones nice card..ph
its ph call that as i say odri ocima u zraku
dizite se dveri vjecne
psalm 24
now
because of that who liked bummmm u zrak sve..nobodyyyyyyyyyy

they are very nice diploma nice suits nice speech excelent and butifull all..me noooooo
they are liars only holy liars
me
as holy saionts
its big deference in appirence

now
did i care when they watching unussual person..nooo
did you care when they nicly walk and talk
yes you klap them award them who lupeziiiiiiiiiiii

now qwe are deference you are faslse jesus
we waithing one honest jesus..
they don't liked honest jesus nooooooo
they instail false jesus as false lupez..

now

i am not care about nice liars
nooooooooo

don't sit or eat with them..not meeeeeeeee
definitly nottttttt

liars
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

manna man na nao neo
which man nao neo
shut up
$hut up tup tapteptiptoptup 5
dag deg dig dog dug

now i look on small candrline shop..yes why they are around eat eat eat..about what eat meaning eat can be eat meaning deference utopia..klokokija as kikirikija

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

The Romans are the shiiiiiiit on the shoes of the scum of this toilet called earth! The empire must come down!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

where ever you go ..you can't hide
i am everywhere..i am as i am..if you go up or down where ever and so ever you always going to them..yes then you are whooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

empire pire ma ma mama pire=potato
pot horisontalslice as tel satelite cancare lots of nice care bare klik
aiiiiiiiiiiiiii
care pare bareeeeeeeee from cancare can care..byyyyyyy
popato potasium=spinal
see read you are care bare from cancare sateliete elite bite biter biter
pivo sa jecimom is the best
horse=jecam=power run run run run run
not run..now is fun..one day can be run

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Do you cook from scratch or just pop something into the micro-wave?Jethro I really liked your question as to what oral tradition can be given that is confirmed by Scripture? hojo is understandably on the defensive,but he is also one for mis-understanding the Power of God to reach the hearts of Christians in all affiliations.God is not dense,He knows A L L,and is in a l l!
i used to do both,working 10 hr. days there are a lot of times i'd be to worn out to cook,then on weekends i cook from scratch,keep leftovers for the week sometimes,now that my dr. won't let me work,i cook all from scratch,have been cookking since i took classes starting when i was 14...as far as oral tradition goes i'd like to see an answer from him myself but since my questions have been up for awhile,i doubt i'll see one,he is all talk no action.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The best list of questions yet jethro!
For centuries non-Catholic Christians have asked those questions,and always receive the same answer,the early church fathers did not practice so and so,oh they just did it! There were debates as far back as the Apostle Paul.Why did the very Apotels warn us that false prophets,shepherds and teachers would infiltrate the Body? We are just re-hashing the same old arguments but with much more written material at our disposal.
i found a book that is titled "what does the bible say about A to Z,it contains every thing that is right or wrong with religious beliefs from all sects.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Patriot wrote:
What a wonderful Creator we have.
created and raised by nice parents were ya?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
Peter and the Papacy
There is ample evidence in the New Testament that
Peter was first in authority among the apostles.
Whenever they were named,
Peter headed the list (Matt. 10:1-4, Mark
3:16-19, Luke 6:14-16, Acts 1:13); sometimes the
apostles were referred to as "Peter and those who
were with him" (Luke 9:32).
Peter was the one who generally spoke for the
apostles (Matt. 18:21, Mark 8:29, Luke 12:41, John
6:68-69), and he figured in many of the most
dramatic scenes (Matt. 14:28-32, Matt. 17:24-27,
Mark 10:23-28).
On Pentecost it was
Peter who first preached to the crowds (Acts
2:14-40), and he worked the first healing in the
Church age (Acts 3:6-7).
It is Peter’s faith that will strengthen his
brethren (Luke 22:32) and
Peter is given Christ’s flock to shepherd (John
21:17). An angel was sent to announce the
resurrection to Peter (Mark 16:7), and the risen
Christ first appeared to Peter (Luke 24:34). He
headed the meeting that elected Matthias to
replace Judas (Acts 1:13-26), and he received the
first converts (Acts 2:41). He inflicted the first
punishment (Acts 5:1-11), and excommunicated the
first heretic (Acts 8:18-23). He led the first
council in Jerusalem (Acts 15), and announced the
first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7-11).
It was to Peter
that the revelation came that Gentiles were to be
baptized and accepted as Christians (Acts 10:46-48).
http://www.catholic.com//library/Peter_and_th...
you left paul completely out of the picture why? there is more written by him than peter.com pared to paul peter was nothing.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So in other words,you are saying that the Eucharist saves us?
How can something which is a memorial of His death save us?He wants us to remember His death,but we are brought into His fold through repentance,and His Blood applied to us,to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.It is the death of Christ and the shedding of His blood that redeems us.Com munion was for the saints of God as believers to partake,in order to bring to remembrance His death,and what He suffered.
Jesus paid it all,His blood is the only cleansing flow."Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin."
That we all learn from the Scriptures,and that is sufficient for salvation.
"that we all learn from the Scriptures, and THAT IS SUFFICIENT FOR SALVATION"

Who taught that?? Where does Jesus Christ teach an idea like that?

Pad, you know a couple guys made that doctrine up. The Apostles never taught such a foreign concept. I'm happy you feel Gods love and grace when you pray, after all, God is infinite love and mercy. But I don't get why you think you can change Our Lords will like that? He established the Eucharist, you can't undo it and still call yourself a Christian.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you left paul completely out of the picture why? there is more written by him than peter.com pared to paul peter was nothing.
--- Jethro; you left JESUS CHRIST out of the picture...__JESUS CHRIST IS NUMBER ONE___... Jethro, you need to read MATT. MARK, LUKE, AND JOHN; because it is all about JESUS CHRIST OUR GREAT SAVIOR, REDEEMER, AND ONLY MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD THE FATHER AND PEOPLES... Hope to meet you in Heaven... Thankyou...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

416 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Buck Crick 224,516
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Mandela 115,492
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min Student 38,479
more instagram followers (Dec '13) 1 hr Emma Hester 7
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 1 hr Lil-Sis33 301
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 1 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr sweets2360 721,945
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr The Awakener 172,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr WasteWater 256,838
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••