Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,270
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
socci

Cameron, MO

#430676 Mar 31, 2013
Marylou wrote:
When Jesus told the Pharisees "Let he without sin cast the first stone" you probably would have been the first in line with the biggest stone you could find. Only God judges, Not hypocrites and bigots like you. Catholics believe we are saved through the Grace of God. You must have learned what you know about Catholics at your local KKK meeting hall.

Numerous errors in your logic - first, the hypocrite you reference Jesus was asking the pharisees if any had no sin as the woman had just repented of her sin. The woman was no apostate catholic. She committed the sin of prostitute and repented to do no more sin, unlike the unrepentant Catholic who follows the pope in Rome. I also am no apostate Catholic so am no hypocrite.

Jesus gave the prophecies of the Bible about Rome. It is not bigoted to warn her victims to flee the false church. Jesus was not a bigot for giving us this word and it is not bigoted to read it, any more than it is to tell the Jewish person they need Jesus as written.

Finally, you think to slur others with this kkk you presume is a Protestant denomination? The Grand Wizard of the Knights of the KKK was/is not Christian. In fact the Knights were founded after the Civil War by the occult papal knights templar freemasons to divide the newly freed blacks from the Christian Protestants. For this they would burn crosses to instill FEAR. This is from your church not mine. Same as the entire Civil War. Rome's Templars have always been occult practitioners, like the Vatican covered in such symbolism.

We read the grace of God is given to all who repent of sin. Sin is transgression of the law. The first commandment says to have no other gods - including popes.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430677 Mar 31, 2013
HE IS RISEN!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430678 Mar 31, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey i have a question for catholics on the story i posted, my question is for all.
Do we know if being 'gay' is a sin? Not doing the act but just being that way in the heart.
Is being gay in its self, what needs to be repented of?
Wondering what you all teach, we teach the later. Thank you, blessings, yes we are all sinners.
The first few chapters of the Book of Romans by the Apostle Paul,will answer your question.

The Apostle brings out a very real problem with human beings in general.

The fact that the pagans or citizens of Rome and Corinth as his epistles are written to the believers there,IT is because Men and Women rejected the Creator,and in doing so HE turned them over to a reprobate mind,which includes inordinate lust for the same sex.The early Jews had problems with rejecting God as their Creator,and they were driven by lusts as well.

We cannot accept homosexuality as an alternate life style as blood bought believers.We are to love them,and tell them about the saving grace of Christ.

The Apostle Paul said"you were once one of these:drunkard,murderers,thiev es,gossipers,evil doers,effeminate,temple prostitutes,and so on,but now you have been changed by Christ.

It is not for us to condemn anyone,but to tell them that Jesus wants them to confess all manner of sin to Him,so that He will cleanse them,and change their lives from within.

I see a gay man on a regular basis,everyday,we eat together at work.He is a Roman Catholic,and quite liberal to say the least.

He told me that he cannot wait for the day when the Church will put aside their hatred for gays and accept him.He goes to mass regularly,but he does not take Communion, and he feels animosity toward the Church for rejecting homosexuals.He gets mad at me sometimes when I tell him what the Bible teaches about his way of life.We talk about the common sense of it all,he usually listens and stays quiet.

His partner who lives with him is younger and they supposedly do not copulate,but he wants to marry the guy so that he can leave everything to him.Interesting conversations to say the least.His buddy is or was Catholic as well,and the partner I know tries to get him to attend Mass with him,but he often strongly objects.

It is a hard subject,and he has told me about the legalities of that joint effort to marry same sex.He claims that most gays will not try to get married in the church,I have disagreed with him,as I know Satan will try to persecute the church through the same-sex marriages,because the government will force churches to comply.He disagrees,but it is so obvious that many gays want to be recognized by the church.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430679 Mar 31, 2013
Christmas was the promise..........Easter was the proof.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430680 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does several times in fact.
There is no prep day for the passover. The Sabbath is always the weekly sabbath. Passover is passover-which was on a Friday, the day Jesus was crucified.
www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com
I agree with everything he has done in that study except to call the CoG a cult. They use the Bible and may be in error. That does not make them a cult.
The truth....based on Scripture...quote: 7th day CR wrote:
Nowhere does Scripture record that Christ rose at sunrise on Sunday morning.

He could have risen 1 minute after sunset on Saturday...and would still have been buried three days and three nites..

Location hidden

#430681 Mar 31, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>. When Jesus told the Pharisees "Let he without sin cast the first stone" you probably would have been the first in line with the biggest stone you could find. Only God judges, Not hypocrites and bigots like you. Catholics believe we are saved through the Grace of God. You must have learned what you know about Catholics at your local KKK meeting hall.
Talk about Bible illiteracy!!!! quote: Only God judges, Not hypocrites and bigots like you. Catholics believe we are saved through the Grace of God.

If that were the sole necessity for our Salvation, Christ could have saved a lot of wear and tear on His body, by just "staying home"!!!!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430682 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
I found the Sabbath thru Garner Ted and his TV program. After more study today I see that was all he was right about. But still thankful. Here a little there a little. Not much truth on tv. He was the only one at the time preaching the 10C and true Sabbath.
The SDA are on their own sat systems. Walter Veith has one here: http://amazingdiscoveries.tv
socci,I really enjoyed reading his magazine,"TRUMPET" very well written.Now his predecessor writes it,and it is still good,but like so many things today,we have varied opinions.

I do not have a problem with the observance of the Sabbath,by 7th Day Adventists,Church of God,and most Messianic Jews.But it is so clear that the early believers met on the Lord's Day,the first day of the week Sunday.Paul warned us not to be caught up in holy days,times and days of when we worship God.

No doubt the Apostel when with the Jews he observed the Sabbath,but with the gentile believers,it was the first day of the week,to commemorate the Resurrection.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430683 Mar 31, 2013
hojo"]<quoted text>
OVERABUNDING ?

Location hidden

#430684 Mar 31, 2013
marge wrote:
Romans 1:27-28
"That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.
And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved."
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient..

Sounds to me like God would not endorse same-sex marriages!!!!

Further more, if, as they say, their lifestyle is something they "inherited"...would not God know this??? And knowing this would He effectively "give them up to a reprobate mind"???!!!
socci

Cameron, MO

#430685 Mar 31, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
In that url they were probably referring ot fact that AT DAWN when Mary arrived the tomb was already empty and had risen sometime early in the morning hours from sunset the night before.
I do not believe the SDA Church to be a cult that was not my intent of the article or url.

At dawn? When the day begins? sunset?

The Bible text clearly says as the sabbath closed or after the sabbath.

I dont want to get into a large debate about this. It seems some began this as a sectarian thing and to try and disprove Sunday observance.

If Jesus was crucified on the Friday prep day and rose on Sunday then so be it. This did not change the Sabbath.

Luke 23:53-54 “And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. 54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.”

^ says Sabbath was about to come. Jesus died on a Friday. Verse 56 confirms this was the weekly Sabbath.

56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath day according to the Commandment.

Then the following indicates this was a double sabbath/passover.

John 19:14 “And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!”
John 19:31 “The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day,(for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.”

Further to calculate the feast of passover, Friday, is provided here on page 2

www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com

The feast days or high sabbaths were nailed to the cross (Col 2:14-17) being a shadow of the coming Messiah.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430686 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>socci,I really enjoyed reading his magazine,"TRUMPET" very well written.Now his predecessor writes it,and it is still good,but like so many things today,we have varied opinions.
I do not have a problem with the observance of the Sabbath,by 7th Day Adventists,Church of God,and most Messianic Jews.But it is so clear that the early believers met on the Lord's Day,the first day of the week Sunday.Paul warned us not to be caught up in holy days,times and days of when we worship God.
No doubt the Apostel when with the Jews he observed the Sabbath,but with the gentile believers,it was the first day of the week,to commemorate the Resurrection.
he stated to not let one judge you of a new moon or a Sabbath day.

Can you show me were Christ changed the first day of the week to a Sabbath day ?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430687 Mar 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is NOT the source of evil but bible only preachers like YOU who distort, manipulate and falsely editorialize the true meaning of the bible, have proven to ALL of us Catholic that it is YOU that has emerged as the SOURCE OF EVIL!...Quite frankly, "I couldn't care less, as to what believe. I/We as Catholics (know) "without a doubt" that the Catholic Church is, has and will ALWAYS BE, Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years.---As you continue to "make up" your own bible only (inconsistent and contradicting) History book of mtths and legends, and worshiping your (mis-interpreted bible verses, we as Catholics will "just continue" to WORSHIP follow, believe, and accept Jesus Christ, AS LORD AND SAVIOR (each day) at daily Mass, in which the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, and His Salvation, is proclaimed "EVERY DAY" at daily Mass, in Our Lords One (and only true) Apostolic Catholic Church. Go play your (merry-go-round) "bible verse (mis- quoting) game with the rest of your 42.000 other inconsistent bible only (buffoons). Your (heretical) false teachings don't interest ANY of us Catholics.
Rarely does a man use so many words to say so little.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430688 Mar 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows? Why take a chance on some other Gospel?
I would think for someone who was Catholic and partook in the Eucharist then later rejected it, would have a difficult time being saved. But someone who never knew it, wouldn't be held accountable.
So in other words,you are saying that the Eucharist saves us?

How can something which is a memorial of His death save us?He wants us to remember His death,but we are brought into His fold through repentance,and His Blood applied to us,to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.It is the death of Christ and the shedding of His blood that redeems us.Com munion was for the saints of God as believers to partake,in order to bring to remembrance His death,and what He suffered.

Jesus paid it all,His blood is the only cleansing flow."Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin."

That we all learn from the Scriptures,and that is sufficient for salvation.
marge

Ames, IA

#430689 Mar 31, 2013
4GVN wrote:
Christmas was the promise..........Easter was the proof.
You could tell the story without pagan words:)

Nite all and thanks for the reply Pad, I agree with you it will be interesting as this seems to be another clear divide among many,'come out of her my people' comes to mind. xoxox
socci

Cameron, MO

#430690 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
socci,I really enjoyed reading his magazine,"TRUMPET" very well written.Now his predecessor writes it,and it is still good,but like so many things today,we have varied opinions.

It can be a big change to move to a Saturday Sabbath but it can be done. Especially if there's no problem at work. That is a real blessing.

I still get the CoG mag. Used to get the Trumpet too. The CoG are basically 7th day Baptists. Much different than the 7th-day Adventist. I just happen to get a flier to an SDA seminar and did learn a good deal there. Like the Roman Church most denominations have problems but we can still learn from them.

When the SDA Church was founded about 1860 much of Ellen White's books preserved what was taught at that time in all denominations most others have since lost. Ellen was like the founders of the Mormon and JW, a deceiver on a few issues. However, most SDA doctrine is very biblical. The Catholic could learn from them. I did!

Paul warned not to judge others about holy days of new converts as one respects one and another different meaning different cultures or nations have days as the US has Thanksgiving or Independence Day. This passage has nothing to do with the Sabbath. The Sabbath is one of God's 10C Law and has not changed. The other Sabbath issues in the NT are each addressed here if interested...

www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/

Location hidden

#430691 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be a big change to move to a Saturday Sabbath but it can be done. Especially if there's no problem at work. That is a real blessing.
I still get the CoG mag. Used to get the Trumpet too. The CoG are basically 7th day Baptists. Much different than the 7th-day Adventist. I just happen to get a flier to an SDA seminar and did learn a good deal there. Like the Roman Church most denominations have problems but we can still learn from them.
When the SDA Church was founded about 1860 much of Ellen White's books preserved what was taught at that time in all denominations most others have since lost. Ellen was like the founders of the Mormon and JW, a deceiver on a few issues. However, most SDA doctrine is very biblical. The Catholic could learn from them. I did!
Paul warned not to judge others about holy days of new converts as one respects one and another different meaning different cultures or nations have days as the US has Thanksgiving or Independence Day. This passage has nothing to do with the Sabbath. The Sabbath is one of God's 10C Law and has not changed. The other Sabbath issues in the NT are each addressed here if interested...
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/
It has changed!!!!! Christ altered this Commandment:

Exodus 20:8-12
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Location hidden

#430692 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians thrown to the lions by Rome were not Catholics rather Nazarenes. There was no eucharist among them.
I cannot make myself believe that any reasonable sane person would believe that Christians were not "thrown to the lions"!!!!

On CNN
According to a belief passed down through the centuries, the church grew because of Roman persecution. The blood of Christian martyrs such as Perpetua became “the seed of the church,” said third-century church leader Tertullian. It’s the Hollywood version of Christianity reflected in epic biblical films such as “Ben-Hur” and “The Robe.”

Vicious Romans relentlessly targeted early Christians, so the story goes, but the faith of people like Perpetua proved so inspiring that Christianity became the official religion of Rome, and eventually the largest religion in the world.

Look: It says...plain as day...that Christianity is the largest religion in the world...it does not say its the Catholic church....
truth

Perth, Australia

#430693 Apr 1, 2013
now we have our lovely black priest
yes from Africa..i just return from city cathedral..oh did i stay to much..yes i promise not..
but i see that two fish
25= two fish and five bread
now
its mean
he send manna as food=restaurant man+ na then+ o nao
meaning
da pozdravim u zraku moju tetu jaku
after all she past away
u zraku =in air
anty jaku=jak=power
odri ocima po repu..its in vain..
not sir..please sir..yes sir
now
nothing in vain all words from me is holy
appropriate or not
its look comic=yes they have there door as comic nemoj kazat na onaj street
language building near white buildind with red slip off card..its lok like that opose you have
feed my sheep=restorante 2 fish 5 bread chine korea japane
are you for sure i am liar
noooooo

who told you they like honest or innocent people
nooooooooooooooooooooo
they look nice
me
nooooooooooo
but they smart as modern lupez
me
i am honest as holy saints
now i notice more then go on other side 56 building with allmighty 0
truth

Perth, Australia

#430694 Apr 1, 2013
manna
nao neo=internet
my god
susshi is near all side
i need go again oposite rail train roe street..up nrth overbridge..now
i find inner koreo plutno=mutno,,on door oblaze zidove..internet

neon

bion cion dion fion nion

nao neo nio niu
i drove many things on m y papers..not geometricly corect symbolicly yes ..ones nice card..ph
its ph call that as i say odri ocima u zraku
dizite se dveri vjecne
psalm 24
now
because of that who liked bummmm u zrak sve..nobodyyyyyyyyyy

they are very nice diploma nice suits nice speech excelent and butifull all..me noooooo
they are liars only holy liars
me
as holy saionts
its big deference in appirence

now
did i care when they watching unussual person..nooo
did you care when they nicly walk and talk
yes you klap them award them who lupeziiiiiiiiiiii

now qwe are deference you are faslse jesus
we waithing one honest jesus..
they don't liked honest jesus nooooooo
they instail false jesus as false lupez..

now

i am not care about nice liars
nooooooooo

don't sit or eat with them..not meeeeeeeee
definitly nottttttt

liars
truth

Perth, Australia

#430695 Apr 1, 2013
manna man na nao neo
which man nao neo
shut up
$hut up tup tapteptiptoptup 5
dag deg dig dog dug

now i look on small candrline shop..yes why they are around eat eat eat..about what eat meaning eat can be eat meaning deference utopia..klokokija as kikirikija

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Christian with Jesus 817,969
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Game GUIDE Download [PDF] (Jul '13) 1 hr xaphrious 14
Why I am still a Christian. 1 hr Christian with Jesus 7
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Justice League 2,015
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr LAWEST100 124
Caucasians are Neanderthal-Sapien hybrids. (Oct '07) 1 hr thewordofme 164
Travis Alexander just as responsible for his mu... 1 hr lars 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 609,904
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 270,173
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Seentheotherside 39,978
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 98,011
More from around the web