Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,498
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#430646 Mar 31, 2013
you mean i am weed=no

i try tell you about your perfection ..your sin become sin of your forefathers as well fore-mothers 14 generation =1000 years
socci

Cameron, MO

#430647 Mar 31, 2013
darrel wrote:
Again read the Early Church Fathers .

If they were Sunday observing 'early church fathers' they were already in error. Only if they agree with the written word is it then a Christian doctrine or practice. There were many who fell away early, even at the time of Paul as he wrote.

The eucharist of observance of the Queen of Heaven is an old babylonian practice condemned by God in OT passages. All biblical doctrine will need to come from the Bible not any church fathers.

The Nazarenes were the earliest Christians that included the Apostles. Peter did not found the Roman Church.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#430648 Mar 31, 2013
What a wonderful Creator we have.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430649 Mar 31, 2013
tree
see
on the end its set up for destruction as evil digits set up..they know who they are

digital program and innovation can from small things destroy anything so ever ..
very easy
now how much they are smart zero
to become perfection is zero
fast come fast go

all computer program cars trains anything is zero
socci

Cameron, MO

#430650 Mar 31, 2013
Marylou wrote:
If that's your faith the Father will be the Judge ect blahzz.

We are to judge what is sin. This is why God gave us the written word. We judge the Muslims for not following Jesus and the Mormon for following a different book and likewise the Catholic for following the harlot as written and given by Jesus.

Just being a good person will earn nothing as we cannot 'work' our way to heaven rather only by faith in Jesus alone, with no pope.

Im not the first to point this out. Millions have fled the roman harlot since the Bible was published. Today, it takes a special closed minded individual with spiritual blinders on to remain in the clutches of Rome (Satan). I could see it if this were Mexico or Spain or Poland where 90% are Catholic and persecution follows for any convert, like Islam, but here in the USA there is no excuse. This land was from God given freedom! and it is Rome destroying it. The end comes soon due to this very thing. As Rome closes in on God's people with nowhere else to go the end will come.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430651 Mar 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
God help anyone who's trapped in those stupid SDA cults. I mean that. What a horrible ridiculous religion. I don't like mocking anyone's beliefs, but you guys are off the charts radical. The Holy Catholic Church for yrs tried to protect their sacred scriptures from nut jobs like Ellen White, it didn't work.
pparetly you don't knowour Ellen White or SDA they believe the same as the catholic from Friday to Sunday..........rotflol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430652 Mar 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
God help anyone who's trapped in those stupid SDA cults. I mean that. What a horrible ridiculous religion. I don't like mocking anyone's beliefs, but you guys are off the charts radical. The Holy Catholic Church for yrs tried to protect their sacred scriptures from nut jobs like Ellen White, it didn't work.
oops meant to say Apparently you do not know YOUR Ellen White or SDA.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430653 Mar 31, 2013
7th day CR wrote:
Nowhere does Scripture record that Christ rose at sunrise on Sunday morning.

Yes it does several times in fact.

There is no prep day for the passover. The Sabbath is always the weekly sabbath. Passover is passover-which was on a Friday, the day Jesus was crucified.

www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com

I agree with everything he has done in that study except to call the CoG a cult. They use the Bible and may be in error. That does not make them a cult.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430654 Mar 31, 2013
I found the Sabbath thru Garner Ted and his TV program. After more study today I see that was all he was right about. But still thankful. Here a little there a little. Not much truth on tv. He was the only one at the time preaching the 10C and true Sabbath.

The SDA are on their own sat systems. Walter Veith has one here: http://amazingdiscoveries.tv
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430655 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does several times in fact.
There is no prep day for the passover. The Sabbath is always the weekly sabbath. Passover is passover-which was on a Friday, the day Jesus was crucified.
www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com
I agree with everything he has done in that study except to call the CoG a cult. They use the Bible and may be in error. That does not make them a cult.
In that url they were probably referring ot fact that AT DAWN when Mary arrived the tomb was already empty and had risen sometime early in the morning hours from sunset the night before.

I do not believe the SDA Church to be a cult that was not my intent of the article or url.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430656 Mar 31, 2013
As if keeping the scriptures out of the hands of the common man is somehow protecting them. No it's not. The same advocate burning books. Promoting illiteracy. WE study the Bible and some are in error. They are free to be in error as long as they are not violent. Rome has the history of violence.

That is how we learn what is written. Many wonderful Bible commentaries has been written full of Bible truth, not found at Rome.

Matthew Henry (1700)
www.blueletterbible.org/commentaries/comm_vie...

John Gill (c.1770)
www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-ex...

Adam Clarke (c.1830)
www.godrules.net/library/clarke/clarkerev13.h...

B.W. Johnson (c.1890)
www.ewordtoday.com/comments/revelation/johnso...

Albert Barnes (c.1860)
www.studylight.org/com/bnn/view.cgi...

Jamieson, Fausset and Brown (c.1871)
www.studylight.org/com/jfb/view.cgi...

Geneva Bible notes (c.1599)
www.studylight.org/com/gsb/view.cgi...
socci

Cameron, MO

#430657 Mar 31, 2013
Marylou

Charlotte, NC

#430658 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
We are to judge what is sin. This is why God gave us the written word. We judge the Muslims for not following Jesus and the Mormon for following a different book and likewise the Catholic for following the harlot as written and given by Jesus.
Just being a good person will earn nothing as we cannot 'work' our way to heaven rather only by faith in Jesus alone, with no pope.
Im not the first to point this out. Millions have fled the roman harlot since the Bible was published. Today, it takes a special closed minded individual with spiritual blinders on to remain in the clutches of Rome (Satan). I could see it if this were Mexico or Spain or Poland where 90% are Catholic and persecution follows for any convert, like Islam, but here in the USA there is no excuse. This land was from God given freedom! and it is Rome destroying it. The end comes soon due to this very thing. As Rome closes in on God's people with nowhere else to go the end will come.
. When Jesus told the Pharisees "Let he without sin cast the first stone" you probably would have been the first in line with the biggest stone you could find. Only God judges, Not hypocrites and bigots like you. Catholics believe we are saved through the Grace of God. You must have learned what you know about Catholics at your local KKK meeting hall.
marge

Ames, IA

#430659 Mar 31, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430660 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
I found the Sabbath thru Garner Ted and his TV program. After more study today I see that was all he was right about. But still thankful. Here a little there a little. Not much truth on tv. He was the only one at the time preaching the 10C and true Sabbath.
The SDA are on their own sat systems. Walter Veith has one here: http://amazingdiscoveries.tv
Interesting presentation and he did state people got theh Wdnesday crucifixion from 3 days and 3 night as Jonah in the whale (my Bible says fish. But if we take the scripture concerning the time determined upon Daniels people and study those scriptures out ion the day for a year, and the sacrifice to cease in the middle of the week. Also 70 year time frame from Christ birth leading up to the start of his ministry and the crucifixon and the stoning of Steven tht 7 years period ending at 35 years and 35 more to the destruction of Jerusalem.

This could be a tri-fold prophesy. However I do not base mine or anyones salvation on the exact dates. I am just grateful Christ died for my sins that we might be saved through him.
marge

Ames, IA

#430661 Mar 31, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>. When Jesus told the Pharisees "Let he without sin cast the first stone" you probably would have been the first in line with the biggest stone you could find. Only God judges, Not hypocrites and bigots like you. Catholics believe we are saved through the Grace of God. You must have learned what you know about Catholics at your local KKK meeting hall.
hey i have a question for catholics on the story i posted, my question is for all.

Do we know if being 'gay' is a sin? Not doing the act but just being that way in the heart.

Is being gay in its self, what needs to be repented of?

Wondering what you all teach, we teach the later. Thank you, blessings, yes we are all sinners.
marge

Ames, IA

#430662 Mar 31, 2013
Romans 1:27-28

"That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.

And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved."
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430663 Mar 31, 2013
Some differences between when groups observe passover are:
1.Disputes over reckoning of the 24-hour day, for example, the modern western 24-hour day begins at midnight(12:00 A.M.), whereas the biblical 24-hour day is generally reckoned to begin at sunset.[10]
2.Disputes over which day Jesus was crucified on: according to John 19:14 and the Gospel of Peter, it was the "day of preparation for the Passover", Nisan 14, also called the Quartodeciman.(John nowhere identifies the Last Supper as a Passover meal, and John 18:28 has the priests preparing to eat the Passover meal in the morning after the Last Supper.) According to many other interpretations of the Synoptic Gospels, it was the day of Passover, Nisan 15.[11]
3.Some Christians observe the celebration on the day before Passover, at the same time that Jesus held his Last Supper, while others observe it at the same time that the Passover was sacrificed, that is, the time of Jesus' death, which occurred "at the ninth hour" of the day (Matthew 27:46-50, Mark 15:34-37, Luke 23:44-46), or approximately 3:30 p.m, according to the Synoptic Gospels.(see evening and Time for technical reference on time).
4.Still others celebrate it after sunset, at which time it would be the 15th of Nisan, the time in which the Israelites ate the Passover meal (for example see Exodus 12:8).
5.Some Christians, out of deference for traditional Gentile Easter dates, choose to celebrate Passover, or hold Seders, on the Thursday before Easter, known as Maundy Thursday, or the Last Supper observance. These dates vary among Hebrew, Gregorian, and Julian calendars, and they vary between Western (e.g. Roman Catholic) and Eastern Orthodox (e.g. Greek Orthodox) traditions.(There is also a school of thought that the Last Supper may have been on the Tuesday night, with most passion week "sabbath" references in the Gospels referring to a Thursday holy day of rest (Leviticus 23:6-7) instead of to the traditional Saturday main sabbath. Contrast Mark 16:1 after the weekday day of rest with Luke 23:56-24:1 before the weekend sabbath.)

It was a question of defilement that gave rise to the words:“They themselves did not enter into the governor’s palace, that they might not get defiled but might eat the passover.”(Joh 18:28) These Jews considered it a defilement to enter into a Gentile dwelling.(Ac 10:28) This statement was made, however,“early in the day,” hence after the Passover meal had taken place. It is to be noted that at this time the entire period, including Passover day and the Festival of Unfermented Cakes that followed, was at times referred to as “Passover.” In the light of this fact, Alfred Edersheim offers the following explanation: A voluntary peace offering was made on Passover and another, a compulsory one, on the next day, Nisan 15, the first day of the Festival of Unfermented Cakes. It was this second offering that the Jews were afraid they might not be able to eat if they contracted defilement in the judgment hall of Pilate.—The Temple, 1874, pp. 186, 187

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover_ (Christian_holiday)
marge

Ames, IA

#430664 Mar 31, 2013
Matt 5:27-28

"You have heard the commandment that says,‘You must not commit adultery.’ But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
marge

Ames, IA

#430665 Mar 31, 2013
As the Scriptures say, "A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one."

This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min pusherman_ 775,283
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min Mandela 119,654
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min AussieBobby 265,146
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr royal kannadiga 1,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,006
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 2 hr Jolly 23,970
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr Al Capone 5,109
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Lost In Transition 175,630
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 19 hr Native Indian 5,520
More from around the web