Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,754)

Showing posts 415,061 - 415,080 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is not guilty of anything, because Jesus Christ IS the Church,(the Bride of Christ). Those who are guilty are a small % of the priests who have "rejected and scandalized "themselves" and their priestly vocation. The "perverted conduct" of these pedophile priests does not change or alter the fact that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will always teach the TRUTH of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. "Sin" is prevalent "everywhere", in "every" Church, in "every" one of your 42,000+ Protestant denominations. This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!
Do we need to be Catholic to be saved?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
If the Bible is a Catholic book ,Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
The best list of questions yet jethro!

For centuries non-Catholic Christians have asked those questions,and always receive the same answer,the early church fathers did not practice so and so,oh they just did it! There were debates as far back as the Apostle Paul.Why did the very Apotels warn us that false prophets,shepherds and teachers would infiltrate the Body? We are just re-hashing the same old arguments but with much more written material at our disposal.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>BRINGS back good memories of that time period. LTM,hope your day was good,restful,but also reflective about the greatest historical event in history,((The Resurrection of Jesus the Christ)).
Without that event our faith is totally U S E L E S S!
Amen Pad, I had a wonderful day with my family, I had 2 apple crisp pies baked at 9Am.this morning.
God has blessed me with a wonderful family, I enjoy every minute with them, after supper I was playing hide and seek with my Great-grand daughter she is 2. Its true what they say you know kids keep you young.
How was your day Pad, did you enjoy it.
You know what I was just thinking Pad , we are so blessed all the scriptures posted one here and the freedom we have to talk openly about our Lord in our countries, without fear like people in other countries .
We have so much to be thankful for.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Do we need to be Catholic to be saved?
I was taught as a young lad that there is a sign on the entrance of Heaven that reads "Catholics only" and a sign to the entrance of hell that says "Every body else"..

The ACLU has filed a suit against God charging Him with being discriminating against "everybody else"....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I nominate your words to be the most asinine I have seen on this forum...quote "come back to the Eucharist"....that wafer you eat is as much a chunk of Christ as is a cow pie!!!!!!
If anyone on here is in dire need of the Holy Eucharist, its you.
However..
To you the Eucharist will never be anything, because you can't have it!
To Jesus Christ, His Apostles and all Christians until the 17th century, it is exactly what Christ said it was. Its the ultimate gift of grace. You have no life in you Ox, because you don't have the Eucharist. Christ said so and its evident in how ridiculous your brand of Christianity is. Its evident in how you play games with our Sacred Scripture. You ain't a Christian, man, so leave our Bible alone.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
That Passover was a preparation day, in that it preceded an annual Sabbath. This annual Sabbath (called the First Day of Unleavened Bread) was called a high Sabbath or “high day”(John 19:31) and fell on a Thursday that year. It was on this day that the high priest and the Pharisees came to Pilate to ensure that Christ’s tomb was securely guarded and sealed (Matt. 27:62-66).
Mark 16:1 records what took place on that Friday:“And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint Him.”(Verse 2 jumps to Sunday morning.) The phrase,“and when the Sabbath was past,” refers to the high day that occurred on Thursday. Since the women could not buy spices on the seventh-day Sabbath (Saturday), Friday was the only time they could have done so.
Luke 23:56 states,“And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.” After buying the spices, they returned and prepared them to be applied to Christ’s body in the tomb, which they planned to do after resting on the weekly Sabbath.
Luke 24:1 states,“Now upon the first day of the week [Sunday], very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.” The women found the tomb empty (vs. 3). Two angels in shining garments informed them that Christ was already “risen”(vs. 4-6). Mark 16:2 states that the women were present “at the rising of the sun.” This means Christ was resurrected before sunrise. John 20:1 further tells us that Mary Magdalene came early “when it was yet dark” and found the stone that sealed the tomb was already rolled away. No sunrise resurrection could have occurred—because Christ was already resurrected!
Nowhere does Scripture record that Christ rose at sunrise on Sunday morning. However, it does tell us that Christ would be in His grave for three days and three nights. Anyone willing to believe the Bible should not find this difficult to accept. In fact, it is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn. Christ was placed in the tomb just before sunset on Wednesday. Three complete days (three days and three nights) bring us to the end of the weekly Sabbath, just prior to sunset, when Christ was resurrected—just as He had prophesied!
http://rcg.org/articles/ccwnof.html
also see previous post
What??

God help anyone who's trapped in those stupid SDA cults. I mean that. What a horrible ridiculous religion. I don't like mocking anyone's beliefs, but you guys are off the charts radical. The Holy Catholic Church for yrs tried to protect their sacred scriptures from nut jobs like Ellen White, it didn't work.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
God is the "final judge" (not me, not Confrinting, not 4GVN or ANY bible only "fundie" as to whether you will be saved or not! I will continue to rely on Jesus Christ and the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH, THE FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of GODS GRACE---in and through OUR LORDS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Growing the the Faith and Salvation of Christ, is the "best assurance" that Jesus gives to those who "believe and follow Him" as Paul tells us in Phil 2:12 to "work out our Salvation with fear and trembling". This means that salvation is a "free gift" but we need to "participate with Gods Grace"in receiving this gift by (again) "working it out with fear and trembling".
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text> Reflective about the greatest historical event in history,((The Resurrection of Jesus the Christ)).
Without that event our faith is totally U S E L E S S!
AMEN!!
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I nominate your words to be the most asinine I have seen on this forum...quote "come back to the Eucharist"....that wafer you eat is as much a chunk of Christ as is a cow pie!!!!!!
You should read the early Christian writers and see if they would agree with you and reread john 6. It is clear what the Early Church Fathers believed and were sent to the Lions for their beliefs. In fact read everything before the year 313 ad and see for yourself. If you value truth you will do as I sujest .
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

The roman solstice festival Easter of course has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christians commemorate through baptism.

Baptism

http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

darrel wrote:
You should read the early Christian writers and see if they would agree with you and reread john 6. It is clear what the Early Church Fathers believed and were sent to the Lions for their beliefs. In fact read everything before the year 313 ad and see for yourself. If you value truth you will do as I sujest .

The Christians thrown to the lions by Rome were not Catholics rather Nazarenes. There was no eucharist among them.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
Who knows? Why take a chance on some other Gospel?
I would think for someone who was Catholic and partook in the Eucharist then later rejected it, would have a difficult time being saved. But someone who never knew it, wouldn't be held accountable.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are parroting the tripe coming to you from the vatacan...Christ did not establish your "religion"...the emperor did in 312...it is based on paganism...
Read everything before 312 ad and you will find much of Catholic teaching as well as the Catholic Church . The Early Church Fathers who were sent to their deaths for their beliefs, are our witnesses. They were closer to the time of the Apostles and some would have been ordained by them . Some of these monks ,priests and Bishops were copying the differient books of the bible by hand for you , they were the ones who decided (after 381) the Cannon of the Bible and they were interpreting it way before your church came into exsistance. Read what they have to say if you value truth.

It is easy to make such a statement but you need to back it up. We Catholics rely on documents of people who were willing to die for what they believed. Written historical facts are a wonderful thing.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

very sad you belong to cave man..genocide upon genocide war upon war liars upon liars..
Which church is that foundation?
now
What a shame?
Where is there perfection?

I listening every day corupt church as well media and so on with nice lips..is that within them is God..no.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians thrown to the lions by Rome were not Catholics rather Nazarenes. There was no eucharist among them.
Again read the Early Church Fathers .
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

because of that you have prayers
confess yourself
my sin my sin my biggest sin

Evil justice evil leaders they have perfection of themself but not perfection of real God..no.
Godly rich corrupt organization..Are you for sure they are God..no

human and perfect hand make your corrupt perfection its very easy as it is before all corupt..it is as it is
pray
my sin
my sin
my biggest sin
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
Actually the Catholic Church teaches that you are saved and are under Gods Grace. If however you believe the Catholic Church is the true Church and you do not join it you put your salvation at risk.

When writting, I am writting to fellow Christians ,who may even be more holy then me. However, I believe after studing Christianity for 25 years we are the most consistant in our teachings. Yet each differient church has to say the same thing about what they teach to claim what they teach is the truth. Each non Catholic church does teach something differient about doctine and truth demands that there can be only one answer, For example one church will teach Baptism Is a scacrement , another will say it is symbolic, another will say it is only the baptisim of the holy spirit and another does not Baptise at all ( I can list the differient churches that teach this )Truth demands only one right answer .
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
very sad you belong to cave man..genocide upon genocide war upon war liars upon liars..
Which church is that foundation?
now
What a shame?
Where is there perfection?
I listening every day corupt church as well media and so on with nice lips..is that within them is God..no.
The Catholic Church does not claim perfection , just look at the Apostals themselves and Christ warned that the would be weads mong the wheat. Reread history books whithout any agenda as well as Catholic apologetic books to see if we are lying or if we are telling the truth.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

I got to go , May God bless all of you It is easy to hurl accusations but it would take more courage to follow some of the sujestions I have made and prove me wrong.
Marylou

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
. You really are disgusting. Wow. And you call yourself a Christian. Pathetic

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 415,061 - 415,080 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

374 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 716,458
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Buck Crick 223,180
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min River Tam 598,745
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr cock 333
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 1 hr Black Power 154
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 1 hr viky 59
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr bmz 36,393
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Gabric 62
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr The Awakener 171,443