Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,070
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
socci

Cameron, MO

#430633 Mar 31, 2013

The roman solstice festival Easter of course has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christians commemorate through baptism.

Baptism

http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...
socci

Cameron, MO

#430634 Mar 31, 2013
darrel wrote:
You should read the early Christian writers and see if they would agree with you and reread john 6. It is clear what the Early Church Fathers believed and were sent to the Lions for their beliefs. In fact read everything before the year 313 ad and see for yourself. If you value truth you will do as I sujest .

The Christians thrown to the lions by Rome were not Catholics rather Nazarenes. There was no eucharist among them.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#430635 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Do we need to be Catholic to be saved?
Who knows? Why take a chance on some other Gospel?
I would think for someone who was Catholic and partook in the Eucharist then later rejected it, would have a difficult time being saved. But someone who never knew it, wouldn't be held accountable.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430636 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are parroting the tripe coming to you from the vatacan...Christ did not establish your "religion"...the emperor did in 312...it is based on paganism...
Read everything before 312 ad and you will find much of Catholic teaching as well as the Catholic Church . The Early Church Fathers who were sent to their deaths for their beliefs, are our witnesses. They were closer to the time of the Apostles and some would have been ordained by them . Some of these monks ,priests and Bishops were copying the differient books of the bible by hand for you , they were the ones who decided (after 381) the Cannon of the Bible and they were interpreting it way before your church came into exsistance. Read what they have to say if you value truth.

It is easy to make such a statement but you need to back it up. We Catholics rely on documents of people who were willing to die for what they believed. Written historical facts are a wonderful thing.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430637 Mar 31, 2013
very sad you belong to cave man..genocide upon genocide war upon war liars upon liars..
Which church is that foundation?
now
What a shame?
Where is there perfection?

I listening every day corupt church as well media and so on with nice lips..is that within them is God..no.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430638 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians thrown to the lions by Rome were not Catholics rather Nazarenes. There was no eucharist among them.
Again read the Early Church Fathers .
truth

Perth, Australia

#430639 Mar 31, 2013
because of that you have prayers
confess yourself
my sin my sin my biggest sin

Evil justice evil leaders they have perfection of themself but not perfection of real God..no.
Godly rich corrupt organization..Are you for sure they are God..no

human and perfect hand make your corrupt perfection its very easy as it is before all corupt..it is as it is
pray
my sin
my sin
my biggest sin
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430641 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Do we need to be Catholic to be saved?
Actually the Catholic Church teaches that you are saved and are under Gods Grace. If however you believe the Catholic Church is the true Church and you do not join it you put your salvation at risk.

When writting, I am writting to fellow Christians ,who may even be more holy then me. However, I believe after studing Christianity for 25 years we are the most consistant in our teachings. Yet each differient church has to say the same thing about what they teach to claim what they teach is the truth. Each non Catholic church does teach something differient about doctine and truth demands that there can be only one answer, For example one church will teach Baptism Is a scacrement , another will say it is symbolic, another will say it is only the baptisim of the holy spirit and another does not Baptise at all ( I can list the differient churches that teach this )Truth demands only one right answer .
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430642 Mar 31, 2013
truth wrote:
very sad you belong to cave man..genocide upon genocide war upon war liars upon liars..
Which church is that foundation?
now
What a shame?
Where is there perfection?
I listening every day corupt church as well media and so on with nice lips..is that within them is God..no.
The Catholic Church does not claim perfection , just look at the Apostals themselves and Christ warned that the would be weads mong the wheat. Reread history books whithout any agenda as well as Catholic apologetic books to see if we are lying or if we are telling the truth.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430643 Mar 31, 2013
I got to go , May God bless all of you It is easy to hurl accusations but it would take more courage to follow some of the sujestions I have made and prove me wrong.
Marylou

Charlotte, NC

#430644 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I nominate your words to be the most asinine I have seen on this forum...quote "come back to the Eucharist"....that wafer you eat is as much a chunk of Christ as is a cow pie!!!!!!
. You really are disgusting. Wow. And you call yourself a Christian. Pathetic
Marylou

Charlotte, NC

#430645 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was taught as a young lad that there is a sign on the entrance of Heaven that reads "Catholics only" and a sign to the entrance of hell that says "Every body else"..
The ACLU has filed a suit against God charging Him with being discriminating against "everybody else"....
. You are lying. Enough said.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430646 Mar 31, 2013
you mean i am weed=no

i try tell you about your perfection ..your sin become sin of your forefathers as well fore-mothers 14 generation =1000 years
socci

Cameron, MO

#430647 Mar 31, 2013
darrel wrote:
Again read the Early Church Fathers .

If they were Sunday observing 'early church fathers' they were already in error. Only if they agree with the written word is it then a Christian doctrine or practice. There were many who fell away early, even at the time of Paul as he wrote.

The eucharist of observance of the Queen of Heaven is an old babylonian practice condemned by God in OT passages. All biblical doctrine will need to come from the Bible not any church fathers.

The Nazarenes were the earliest Christians that included the Apostles. Peter did not found the Roman Church.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#430648 Mar 31, 2013
What a wonderful Creator we have.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430649 Mar 31, 2013
tree
see
on the end its set up for destruction as evil digits set up..they know who they are

digital program and innovation can from small things destroy anything so ever ..
very easy
now how much they are smart zero
to become perfection is zero
fast come fast go

all computer program cars trains anything is zero
socci

Cameron, MO

#430650 Mar 31, 2013
Marylou wrote:
If that's your faith the Father will be the Judge ect blahzz.

We are to judge what is sin. This is why God gave us the written word. We judge the Muslims for not following Jesus and the Mormon for following a different book and likewise the Catholic for following the harlot as written and given by Jesus.

Just being a good person will earn nothing as we cannot 'work' our way to heaven rather only by faith in Jesus alone, with no pope.

Im not the first to point this out. Millions have fled the roman harlot since the Bible was published. Today, it takes a special closed minded individual with spiritual blinders on to remain in the clutches of Rome (Satan). I could see it if this were Mexico or Spain or Poland where 90% are Catholic and persecution follows for any convert, like Islam, but here in the USA there is no excuse. This land was from God given freedom! and it is Rome destroying it. The end comes soon due to this very thing. As Rome closes in on God's people with nowhere else to go the end will come.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430651 Mar 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
God help anyone who's trapped in those stupid SDA cults. I mean that. What a horrible ridiculous religion. I don't like mocking anyone's beliefs, but you guys are off the charts radical. The Holy Catholic Church for yrs tried to protect their sacred scriptures from nut jobs like Ellen White, it didn't work.
pparetly you don't knowour Ellen White or SDA they believe the same as the catholic from Friday to Sunday..........rotflol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430652 Mar 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
God help anyone who's trapped in those stupid SDA cults. I mean that. What a horrible ridiculous religion. I don't like mocking anyone's beliefs, but you guys are off the charts radical. The Holy Catholic Church for yrs tried to protect their sacred scriptures from nut jobs like Ellen White, it didn't work.
oops meant to say Apparently you do not know YOUR Ellen White or SDA.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430653 Mar 31, 2013
7th day CR wrote:
Nowhere does Scripture record that Christ rose at sunrise on Sunday morning.

Yes it does several times in fact.

There is no prep day for the passover. The Sabbath is always the weekly sabbath. Passover is passover-which was on a Friday, the day Jesus was crucified.

www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com

I agree with everything he has done in that study except to call the CoG a cult. They use the Bible and may be in error. That does not make them a cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 809,693
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Naked Truth from ... 39,609
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Gaza lives 121,333
concerned 20 min concerned22639 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Naked Truth from ... 608,194
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 48 min macumazahn 442,089
Israel End is Near 50 min AussieBobby 14
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 268,883
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 5 hr yes lover 162
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 11 hr Coco 203
More from around the web