Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670272 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Noranda, Australia

#430845 Apr 2, 2013
roman 6;22 fruit of spirit
i lay down in prayers front of Cross ..
Jesus is deliverer.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#430846 Apr 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If they are 'bible only' how can they be lies? You are clueless. BTW, why do you suppose it took the RCC almost 400 years(according to you) to 'compile,interpret and form' the bible.lol
It took the Catholic Church almost 400 yrs to compile a Bible because there was never any urgency to do so. Jesus never told anyone to do it. The Apostles never told anyone to do it.
In fact, the Apostles didn't put anything in writing until 20-30 yrs after Christ died.
And what they did write, they already explained. You guys don't seem to want to believe that.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#430847 Apr 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This could be dangerous for people who do not understand the theology of this, through this lack of instruction, slipping out of veneration into worship.
If those dead men and women were really saints they would not want to be venerated, they would say they are just men and women like you and me, they would say you must worship the Lord and serve Him alone.
truth

Noranda, Australia

#430848 Apr 2, 2013
Thanks to Creator for his creation..
Thanks to the Son for our salvation..
Bless it to be fruit by womb Jesus..
Thanks it to Holy Spirit as defender.
Hvala duse branitelju brani nas.
Hvala Duse Uznesenja zanesi nas ponesi nas pred lice Bozijim zagovaraj za nas.
zanesi nas ponesi nas
zanose moj ponose moj=did you concern where i am going what i see or drove in tiny book..
zanesi nas ponesi nas=where?
Are you concern what i must see or what i drove without knowing it is as it is liked or not..
did you concern where i am going..
rosary=SVETA DUSO UZNESITELJSKA
TWO LINE LIGHT ONE AND ANOTHER TINY STORE
WHERE I BEEN FEW DAYS AGO IN MONDEY
ONE POOR SHOP
ANOTHER MAN MUCH MORE NICE
BOTH HAVE SOME LIGHT LINE IN BOTH TINY SHOP
I KNOW THAT YOU FOLLOW ME
did i need know who
noooooooooooooooooooooooo
i never carte who
did i scare..no i don't fill that first i go pray in church..under that prayers i don't fill scare nooo
did i fill shame..no
why should be
what you will do if you see what i see..did you going stop not to happened..
nemogu kazat sto sam vidila i pratila
i wish you old the best

proverb 25;25
''good news coming from far away as cold water for thirsty''

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#430849 Apr 2, 2013
Tyrone Neuse wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and I find it sad that Pope Moron XVI was even chosen as Pope. The guy is an embarrassment and needs to step down. His statements are ridiculous and improper.
I do believe he did step down.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#430850 Apr 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If they are 'bible only' how can they be lies? You are clueless. BTW, why do you suppose it took the RCC almost 400 years(according to you) to 'compile,interpret and form' the bible.lol
Better described as "bible only editorializing" (self opinionated) interpreters--that distort the truth ----also known as LYING!!!!.... ALL 42,000 conflicting and contradicting Protestant denominations:--some use Luther, some Zwingli, some, Hus, others Wycliff, Calvin, Knox, Petri, Flacius, etc.(the original reformers) while today, others use Ron Rhodes, James McCarthy, and even themselves, like Confrinting, justachristian, LTM, and the list of bible only heretics goes on and on, sprewing their anti-catholic "lies" to their own "demise and destruction"! Jesus NEVER wrote down ANYTHING, NEVER left the Early Christians or HIS Apostles a bible, and NEVER claimed that the bible,(which didn't exist at that time) to be the ONLY SOURCE of TRUTH that God chose to transmit his infallable WORD!!--But what Jesus DID leave HIS Apostles AND the Early Christians was His One (and only) True (Universal) Church, which was Catholic.---AND which Paul, himself confirms in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.--a TRUTH that has been confirmed over and over and over again by Apologistic historian authors and writers (Catholic and Protestant) for over 2000 years.---Jesus Christ CONTINUES to be the way, the truth and the life, which is proclaimed (each and every day) at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist, through OUR LORDS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. God is not, nor ever has been, nor ever will be the author of your Protestant, "contradicting" confusion and chaos!!!!!ANYONE--with any historical, biblical and spiritual "common sense" --can see that---EXCEPT you, Confrinting and the rest of you "fundies"!!!!
truth

Noranda, Australia

#430851 Apr 2, 2013
love her=wisdom
proverb 4;18
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#430852 Apr 2, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pray to a dead so-called 'saint' you are worshipping idols no different than if you were to kiss the idol instead of your wife / husband. It is idol worship. God wants all to pray to him alone.
This is why the Roman Church removed God's second commandment from their catechism.
www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catech...
Blasphemy!
Such was foretold before the Roman Church ever existed..........
Daniel 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:"
Just more of the same old Protestant "anti-catholic" garbage "editorialized DISTORTED opinions" that have "no basis" of TRUTH.... You, my friend are like Peter, before his TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!!
YOU FISH AND CATCH --"NOTHING"!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#430853 Apr 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ONLY THE CHURCHES THAT ADHERE TO THE BIBLE ARE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCHES.
Correction:
ONLY CHURCH THAT ADHERE TO THE----(HISTORICALLY AND BIBLICALLY TRUE INTERPRETATION)------ OF THE BIBLE--- ARE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCHES---and you Confrinting (don't)!!
Marylou

Troy, NC

#430854 Apr 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
no answer to my question yet,HOJO,why not? what are you waiting for??
. The question is. What are YOU waiting for? Jesus opened the door for you but you are too self-righteous and blind to answer His call.
Marylou

Troy, NC

#430855 Apr 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that....when you eat a chunk of the flesh of Christ in the morning, then have a B M later that day...you are flushing Him down the toilet...that is certainly not the actions of a Christian!!!!
. You are clearly evil. Satan has his claws in your heart. I will pray for you. That is all I can do.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430856 Apr 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It took the Catholic Church almost 400 yrs to compile a Bible because there was never any urgency to do so. Jesus never told anyone to do it. The Apostles never told anyone to do it.
In fact, the Apostles didn't put anything in writing until 20-30 yrs after Christ died.
And what they did write, they already explained. You guys don't seem to want to believe that.
Then why do it at all, if it has o more significance to you and them than that? Why bother? After all, it is only God's Word. BTW, nothing else was ever refered to as God's word.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#430858 Apr 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Jesus said to them,“Why are you troubled? Truly I say to you, all the priests who stand
before that altar invoke my name. Again I say to you, my name has been written on this
[…] of the generations of the stars through the human generations.[And they] have
planted trees without fruit, in my name, in a shameful manner.”
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
Where do you stand - before an altar that men have created, or before the altar of "God"?
LOL!!! new age dude couldn't actually quote Jesus to save his soul!

stick to new age, pal, and leave the Truth to those who follow it;)
youtube

AOL

#430859 Apr 2, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430860 Apr 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! new age dude couldn't actually quote Jesus to save his soul!
stick to new age, pal, and leave the Truth to those who follow it;)
I've quote Jesus, so I am not sure where you are getting this information.

I'm sorry you don't believe Jesus. It is your choice to do so or not.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430861 Apr 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First and foremost, stop saying 'Book, Chapter verse book chapter verse. gimme book chapter verse'
The Bible was not given 'Book, Chapter, verse'
The Catholic Church created the chapter and verses to help us in reading it.
You guys seem to isolate the Bible into a million verses. Using one to cancel out others and vice versa.
Immaculate Conception. Mary was called full of Grace. Luke 1:28
One can not be full of Grace and have any sin.
Mary is the ark that ushered God into this world as one of us. You should know by reading the Bible, that God could never combine with sin to create the perfect manifestation of Himself.
So instead of book chapter verse book chapter verse book chapter verse. Try reading the Bible like the authors wrote it. Read what the early Christians understood since they heard the Bible from the mouths of the Apostles.
Clay wrImmaculate Conception. Mary was called full of Grace. Luke 1:28
Mary is the ark that ushered God into this world as one of us. You should know by reading the Bible, that God could never combine with sin to create the perfect manifestation of Himself.

However It Is Written:

2 Corinthians 5:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#430862 Apr 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Then why do it at all, if it has o more significance to you and them than that? Why bother? After all, it is only God's Word. BTW, nothing else was ever refered to as God's word.
Why NOT do it? If Christians have actual writings from the Apostles, it would only make sense to.

The label 'Gods word' is taken out of context by you guys. You seem to think every little word was whispered into Pauls ear by God, therefore its Gods actual word.
The Bible is human thought with Divine insights, forever entwined to help the reader understand God. I'm guessing it would have been unimaginable for Matthew, that future Christians would take his writings so literal that they would argue where he put his comma or claim he meant 'little pebble' when referring to Peter.
Dude, they already taught the faith once. Its done. It flowed from their mouths. Things like what the Eucharist is, were clearly and irrefutably explained.
There is no doubt they passed on their authority to successors too. These successors created a NT Bible 400 yrs later and added it to the Hebrew books they considered sacred scripture. The Church is still standing today.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#430863 Apr 2, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>. You are clearly evil. Satan has his claws in your heart. I will pray for you. That is all I can do.
If Ox is not evil, he's mentally ill. I've worked with bi-polar and schizophrenics before. The things he says are similar in nature to someone with mental issues. No normal person would be so disrespectful to Mary, the Eucharist, and other beliefs of another people.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430864 Apr 2, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay wrImmaculate Conception. Mary was called full of Grace. Luke 1:28
However It Is Written:
King James Version (KJV)
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Seeing the neg icons I was just wondering does someones Catholic Bible read diffrent than the KJV on

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430865 Apr 2, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing the neg icons I was just wondering does someones Catholic Bible read diffrent than the KJV on
But the earliest known 4th century Bible is different than your 17th century edition.

21 Him that knew no sin made he sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

IMO - if you will notice - subtle differences in the meanings. In fact, it appears the KJV has additional words added to change the meaning to become an implication upon Jesus, when in fact it isn't, if you are to look upon the earlier 4th century version.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Brandy trujillo 980,109
Ring Payments 17 min annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min -KENTUCKY- 100,153
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 8 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web