Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590899 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#430615 Mar 31, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
time to make dinner,see you guys later.
Do you cook from scratch or just pop something into the micro-wave?Jethro I really liked your question as to what oral tradition can be given that is confirmed by Scripture? hojo is understandably on the defensive,but he is also one for mis-understanding the Power of God to reach the hearts of Christians in all affiliations.God is not dense,He knows A L L,and is in a l l!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430616 Mar 31, 2013
That Passover was a preparation day, in that it preceded an annual Sabbath. This annual Sabbath (called the First Day of Unleavened Bread) was called a high Sabbath or “high day”(John 19:31) and fell on a Thursday that year. It was on this day that the high priest and the Pharisees came to Pilate to ensure that Christ’s tomb was securely guarded and sealed (Matt. 27:62-66).

Mark 16:1 records what took place on that Friday:“And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint Him.”(Verse 2 jumps to Sunday morning.) The phrase,“and when the Sabbath was past,” refers to the high day that occurred on Thursday. Since the women could not buy spices on the seventh-day Sabbath (Saturday), Friday was the only time they could have done so.

Luke 23:56 states,“And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.” After buying the spices, they returned and prepared them to be applied to Christ’s body in the tomb, which they planned to do after resting on the weekly Sabbath.

Luke 24:1 states,“Now upon the first day of the week [Sunday], very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.” The women found the tomb empty (vs. 3). Two angels in shining garments informed them that Christ was already “risen”(vs. 4-6). Mark 16:2 states that the women were present “at the rising of the sun.” This means Christ was resurrected before sunrise. John 20:1 further tells us that Mary Magdalene came early “when it was yet dark” and found the stone that sealed the tomb was already rolled away. No sunrise resurrection could have occurred—because Christ was already resurrected!

Nowhere does Scripture record that Christ rose at sunrise on Sunday morning. However, it does tell us that Christ would be in His grave for three days and three nights. Anyone willing to believe the Bible should not find this difficult to accept. In fact, it is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn. Christ was placed in the tomb just before sunset on Wednesday. Three complete days (three days and three nights) bring us to the end of the weekly Sabbath, just prior to sunset, when Christ was resurrected—just as He had prophesied!

http://rcg.org/articles/ccwnof.html

also see previous post
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430617 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The same argument can be made against immigration; if out of 100 new immigrants to the USA 10 find the Bible as truth that means 90 do not showing the suicidal policy of Latin immigration; soon the nation will be just another Latin American state. This is the plan and what we see happening.
If 100 Muslims have 10 who have a clue about truth what should they do? The same could be said for Mormons who use the book of Mormon which is an uninspired book.
"The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ." CBC News (Jul 10, 2007)
Petrus Romanus Lecture
http://youtu.be/_cXu5rHhmcc
I watched the whole thing you sent me,and also watched some young man named Paul who confirmed in his studies the present Pope being Peter the Roman.

Trust me I do not take these things lightly.I must ponder them.Chris Putnam has a dynamic ministry to say the least,as Chuck Missler.

It is quite obvious that the present Pope Francis would not take the name Peter,he must know about Malaky's prophecy,as many do this day. But he is Italian,and Francis of Assisi is the son of Pietro Bernardino.

Whatever,we will keep our eyes and ears open,the last DAYS are here,and that is profoundly a fact.No dates,no predictions,only Christ Knows when He will return on HIS Father's command.

One thing we all need to do? Make sure that Jesus Christ lives and reigns in our hearts,without HIM,we are lost.No organization or institution can save us.Being Catholic or a member of a church does not save,only the Blood of Jesus can wash away our sins.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430618 Mar 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya ok Ox..
Your lie is exposed. you couldn't have possibly used Catholic teachings to 'defend the faith' because you do not know enough about Catholic teachings, and I know for a fact you knew nothing about it last year. What little you know now, we taught you! And you still ignore it.
You couldn't have done the Church a better favor then by leaving. We need to clean the ignorant Ideologues out. Your home is the 42,000 radical fundies now. Its where people like you belong until you can cease designing your own Christianity; confess and come back to the Eucharist.
I nominate your words to be the most asinine I have seen on this forum...quote "come back to the Eucharist"....that wafer you eat is as much a chunk of Christ as is a cow pie!!!!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430619 Mar 31, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme, that is so sweet I would say Sere is a very blessed woman.
God Bless you both Happy Easter.
BRINGS back good memories of that time period. LTM,hope your day was good,restful,but also reflective about the greatest historical event in history,((The Resurrection of Jesus the Christ)).
Without that event our faith is totally U S E L E S S!

Location hidden

#430620 Mar 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" don't know what truth is! You've been living the Protestant "bible only" lie for so long, that (everyone) of your 42,000+ sola scriptura denominations "all claim to be true"!!
It's called Mass confusion! The HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church----has the TRUTH of the "Mass"----and you "bible only Protestants" -----have the "confusion" !
You are parroting the tripe coming to you from the vatacan...Christ did not establish your "religion"...the emperor did in 312...it is based on paganism...

Location hidden

#430621 Mar 31, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Passover dates 26-34 A.D.
The following astronomical data in the first three columns below was obtained from the U.S. Naval Observatory Astronomical Applications Department. The pertinent file may be accessed on the Internet at http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-ap... .
Note. The times of day given in the second and third columns have been adjusted +2 hours from U.S. Naval Observatory figures to account for the difference between Jerusalem Israel and Greenwich England (universal) time.
It should also be noted that the first evening of a visible crescent moon (column 4) always occurs only minutes after sundown, which is at the very beginning of a new day on the Hebrew calendar. This Hebrew day correlates to the following day on our Gregorian calendar as noted in the chart below (column 5). Column 6 is Passover dates for the given years.
----------
Year Vernal Equinox Astronomical New Moon
Conjunction First evening of visible crescent Date of the first of Nisan 14th day of Nisan (Passover)
(Near or first after vernal Equinox)(Gregorian calendar. Midnight to midnight)(Beginning at sundown the evening before...)(Beginning at sundown the evening before...)
26 A.D. Fri. Mar. 22, 0* Sat. Apr. 6, 7 a.m. Sun. Apr. 7 Mon. Apr. 8 Sun. Apr. 21
27 A.D. Sun. Mar. 23, 6 a.m. Wed. Mar. 26, 7 p.m.** Fri. Mar. 28 Sat. Mar. 29 Fri. Apr. 11
28 A.D. Mon. Mar. 22, noon Tues. Apr. 13, 2 p.m. Wed. Apr. 14 Thurs. Apr.15 Wed. Apr. 28
29 A.D. Tues. Mar. 22, 6 p.m. Sat. Apr. 2, 7 p.m.** Mon. Apr. 4 Tues. Apr. 5 Mon. Apr. 18
30 A.D. Wed. Mar. 22, 0* Wed. Mar. 22, 8 p.m. Fri. Mar. 24 Sat. Mar. 25 Fri. Apr. 7
31 A.D. Fri. Mar. 23, 5 a.m. Tues. Apr. 10, 2 p.m. Wed. Apr. 11 Thurs. Apr.12 Wed. Apr. 25
32 A.D. Sat. Mar. 22, 11 a.m. Sat. Mar. 29, 10 p.m.** Mon. Mar. 31 Tues. Apr. 1 Mon. Apr. 14
33 A.D. Sun. Mar. 22, 5 p.m. Fri. Mar. 20, 9 a.m.
Fri. Apr. 17, 9 p.m.** Sat. Mar. 21
Sun. Apr. 19 Sun. Mar. 22
Mon. Apr. 20 Sat. Apr. 4
Sun. May 3
34 A.D. Mon. Mar. 22,11 p.m. Wed. Apr. 7, 2 p.m. Thurs. Apr. 8 Fri. Apr. 9 Thurs. Apr. 22
* Midnight at the end of the given day.
http://www.topix.com/forum/post/reply
Gibberish that has nothing to do with Passover being a non Christian practice.....
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430622 Mar 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is not guilty of anything, because Jesus Christ IS the Church,(the Bride of Christ). Those who are guilty are a small % of the priests who have "rejected and scandalized "themselves" and their priestly vocation. The "perverted conduct" of these pedophile priests does not change or alter the fact that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will always teach the TRUTH of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. "Sin" is prevalent "everywhere", in "every" Church, in "every" one of your 42,000+ Protestant denominations. This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!
Do we need to be Catholic to be saved?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430623 Mar 31, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
If the Bible is a Catholic book ,Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
The best list of questions yet jethro!

For centuries non-Catholic Christians have asked those questions,and always receive the same answer,the early church fathers did not practice so and so,oh they just did it! There were debates as far back as the Apostle Paul.Why did the very Apotels warn us that false prophets,shepherds and teachers would infiltrate the Body? We are just re-hashing the same old arguments but with much more written material at our disposal.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#430624 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>BRINGS back good memories of that time period. LTM,hope your day was good,restful,but also reflective about the greatest historical event in history,((The Resurrection of Jesus the Christ)).
Amen Pad, I had a wonderful day with my family, I had 2 apple crisp pies baked at 9Am.this morning.
God has blessed me with a wonderful family, I enjoy every minute with them, after supper I was playing hide and seek with my Great-grand daughter she is 2. Its true what they say you know kids keep you young.
How was your day Pad, did you enjoy it.
You know what I was just thinking Pad , we are so blessed all the scriptures posted one here and the freedom we have to talk openly about our Lord in our countries, without fear like people in other countries .
We have so much to be thankful for.

Location hidden

#430625 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Do we need to be Catholic to be saved?
I was taught as a young lad that there is a sign on the entrance of Heaven that reads "Catholics only" and a sign to the entrance of hell that says "Every body else"..

The ACLU has filed a suit against God charging Him with being discriminating against "everybody else"....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#430627 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I nominate your words to be the most asinine I have seen on this forum...quote "come back to the Eucharist"....that wafer you eat is as much a chunk of Christ as is a cow pie!!!!!!
If anyone on here is in dire need of the Holy Eucharist, its you.
However..
To you the Eucharist will never be anything, because you can't have it!
To Jesus Christ, His Apostles and all Christians until the 17th century, it is exactly what Christ said it was. Its the ultimate gift of grace. You have no life in you Ox, because you don't have the Eucharist. Christ said so and its evident in how ridiculous your brand of Christianity is. Its evident in how you play games with our Sacred Scripture. You ain't a Christian, man, so leave our Bible alone.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#430628 Mar 31, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
That Passover was a preparation day, in that it preceded an annual Sabbath. This annual Sabbath (called the First Day of Unleavened Bread) was called a high Sabbath or “high day”(John 19:31) and fell on a Thursday that year. It was on this day that the high priest and the Pharisees came to Pilate to ensure that Christ’s tomb was securely guarded and sealed (Matt. 27:62-66).
Mark 16:1 records what took place on that Friday:“And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint Him.”(Verse 2 jumps to Sunday morning.) The phrase,“and when the Sabbath was past,” refers to the high day that occurred on Thursday. Since the women could not buy spices on the seventh-day Sabbath (Saturday), Friday was the only time they could have done so.
Luke 23:56 states,“And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.” After buying the spices, they returned and prepared them to be applied to Christ’s body in the tomb, which they planned to do after resting on the weekly Sabbath.
Luke 24:1 states,“Now upon the first day of the week [Sunday], very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.” The women found the tomb empty (vs. 3). Two angels in shining garments informed them that Christ was already “risen”(vs. 4-6). Mark 16:2 states that the women were present “at the rising of the sun.” This means Christ was resurrected before sunrise. John 20:1 further tells us that Mary Magdalene came early “when it was yet dark” and found the stone that sealed the tomb was already rolled away. No sunrise resurrection could have occurred—because Christ was already resurrected!
Nowhere does Scripture record that Christ rose at sunrise on Sunday morning. However, it does tell us that Christ would be in His grave for three days and three nights. Anyone willing to believe the Bible should not find this difficult to accept. In fact, it is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn. Christ was placed in the tomb just before sunset on Wednesday. Three complete days (three days and three nights) bring us to the end of the weekly Sabbath, just prior to sunset, when Christ was resurrected—just as He had prophesied!
http://rcg.org/articles/ccwnof.html
also see previous post
What??

God help anyone who's trapped in those stupid SDA cults. I mean that. What a horrible ridiculous religion. I don't like mocking anyone's beliefs, but you guys are off the charts radical. The Holy Catholic Church for yrs tried to protect their sacred scriptures from nut jobs like Ellen White, it didn't work.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430630 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
God is the "final judge" (not me, not Confrinting, not 4GVN or ANY bible only "fundie" as to whether you will be saved or not! I will continue to rely on Jesus Christ and the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH, THE FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of GODS GRACE---in and through OUR LORDS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Growing the the Faith and Salvation of Christ, is the "best assurance" that Jesus gives to those who "believe and follow Him" as Paul tells us in Phil 2:12 to "work out our Salvation with fear and trembling". This means that salvation is a "free gift" but we need to "participate with Gods Grace"in receiving this gift by (again) "working it out with fear and trembling".
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430631 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text> Reflective about the greatest historical event in history,((The Resurrection of Jesus the Christ)).
AMEN!!
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430632 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the early Christian writers and see if they would agree with you and reread john 6. It is clear what the Early Church Fathers believed and were sent to the Lions for their beliefs. In fact read everything before the year 313 ad and see for yourself. If you value truth you will do as I sujest .
socci

Cameron, MO

#430633 Mar 31, 2013

The roman solstice festival Easter of course has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christians commemorate through baptism.

Baptism

http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...
socci

Cameron, MO

#430634 Mar 31, 2013
darrel wrote:
You should read the early Christian writers and see if they would agree with you and reread john 6. It is clear what the Early Church Fathers believed and were sent to the Lions for their beliefs. In fact read everything before the year 313 ad and see for yourself. If you value truth you will do as I sujest .

The Christians thrown to the lions by Rome were not Catholics rather Nazarenes. There was no eucharist among them.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#430635 Mar 31, 2013
Pad wrote:
Who knows? Why take a chance on some other Gospel?
I would think for someone who was Catholic and partook in the Eucharist then later rejected it, would have a difficult time being saved. But someone who never knew it, wouldn't be held accountable.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430636 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are parroting the tripe coming to you from the vatacan...Christ did not establish your "religion"...the emperor did in 312...it is based on paganism...
Read everything before 312 ad and you will find much of Catholic teaching as well as the Catholic Church . The Early Church Fathers who were sent to their deaths for their beliefs, are our witnesses. They were closer to the time of the Apostles and some would have been ordained by them . Some of these monks ,priests and Bishops were copying the differient books of the bible by hand for you , they were the ones who decided (after 381) the Cannon of the Bible and they were interpreting it way before your church came into exsistance. Read what they have to say if you value truth.

It is easy to make such a statement but you need to back it up. We Catholics rely on documents of people who were willing to die for what they believed. Written historical facts are a wonderful thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Buck Crick 840,094
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min truthandcommonsense 4,642
Ferahevler General Electric (0212) 299 15 34 – ... 5 min generalelectricser 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min lovewithin 40,545
MASLAK (O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) GENERAL ELECTRIC Serv... 9 min generalelectricser 1
Bebek General Electric Servisi (O2I2) 342 OO 24... 13 min generalelectricser 1
Ortaköy General Electric Servisi (O2ı2) 34... 17 min generalelectricser 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 100,091
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Edthirty 271,411
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Truths 612,220
More from around the web