Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430803 Apr 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
It is not what was supposedly thrown out that concerns me..
It is what you Roman Catholics have attempted to edit in that is
diametrically apposed to God's eternal plan of salvation..
Strange doctrines fables, that are --->will worship and have absolutely
nothing to do with being ready for the coming of Our Lord and savior,,
____
Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
Col 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 ---> Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
~~~

NOTE

ABOUT WORSHIP OF THE SAINTS

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshiping of --->angels<---

(--->ANGELS<--- DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED ABOVE

,G32
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#947;&#947;&#949; &#955;&#959;&#962;
aggelos
ang'-el-os
From &#945;&#787;&#947; &#947;&#949;&#769; &#955;&#955;&#969; aggello&#772; (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an “angel”; by implication a pastor:- angel, messenger.)

intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

#430804 Apr 1, 2013
who="Clay"
Bondage? Slavery? Earned favor of Rome??
Not exactly sir. Everyone has free will to decide to be Catholic or not. For me, if I walked away now, I would lose my salvation because I experienced the fullness of the faith here on Earth- particularly the Holy Eucharist- through the Church that Jesus Christ started. There is no turning back for people in my situation...
As for you, there are many variables to consider why you reject the teachings of His Church. Only God can see into your soul and only He can decide why you reject the teachings from the Apostles. Is it IQ level? Is it ignorance? Is it brainwashing you endured when you were younger? There are many reasons Confrint.
Some have been victims of horrible abuse by Priests and can't bring themselves to accept Catholicism because of this trauma. In this case, God will be the ultimate judge. The guilty Priests will likely spend eternity suffering for the both of them, and the victim will likely be welcomed into the Catholic Church, IN HEAVEN.
Obviously for many, there are risks once they been shown the truth in scripture; especially the definition of scripture. If they choose to continue in the world of sola scripture knowing its not what Christ taught ...well, I don't think its very smart to go that route. You'd be risking too much. But again, only God can judge the why's and why nots.

Clay:
For me, if I walked away now, I would lose my salvation because I experienced the fullness of the faith here on Earth- particularly the Holy Eucharist- through the Church that Jesus Christ started. There is no turning back for people in my situation...

You said what we've been trying to tell you...your hope is in the CC...and, in your own words, if you walked away from IT, you would lose your salvation.

KM

#430805 Apr 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly sir. Everyone has free will to decide to be Catholic or not. For me, if I walked away now, I would lose my salvation because I experienced the fullness of the faith here on Earth- particularly the Holy Eucharist- through the Church that Jesus Christ started. There is no turning back for people in my situation...
As for you, there are many variables to consider why you reject the teachings of His Church. Only God can see into your soul and only He can decide why you reject the teachings from the Apostles. Is it IQ level? Is it ignorance? Is it brainwashing you endured when you were younger? There are many reasons Confrint.
Some have been victims of horrible abuse by Priests and can't bring themselves to accept Catholicism because of this trauma. In this case, God will be the ultimate judge. The guilty Priests will likely spend eternity suffering for the both of them, and the victim will likely be welcomed into the Catholic Church, IN HEAVEN.
Obviously for many, there are risks once they been shown the truth in scripture; especially the definition of scripture. If they choose to continue in the world of sola scripture knowing its not what Christ taught ...well, I don't think its very smart to go that route. You'd be risking too much. But again, only God can judge the why's and why nots.
~~~

You have given no scriptures to validate your alleged teachings ...NOT IN ALL THE YEARS THAT I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM...

WHAT YOU ALLEGE THEY ARE THERE....

At no time have you proven what you

allege.

PUT YOUR SCRIPTURES HERE BEFORE US ALL...PROVE THEY ARE IN THE BIBLE

THAT THEY ARE TRUTH...

TO THIS POINT YOU HAVE JUST PRESENT SMOKE AND MIRRORS...NO SUBSTANCE

IF IT IS THERE PRESENT IT...

#430807 Apr 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism has not 'changed' as much as you'd like to believe. In fact, the core dogma and doctrine has remained intact since the revelation from the Apostles 2,000 yrs ago. That is why it looks "strange" to you. You're studying it from a 21st century lense and not considering what the first Christians understood about the faith.
Some dogma, like the teachings on Mary, came to a better understanding by the Church in later yrs.
Even so, its compatible with scripture to a T.
Further evidence of this is the countless appearances by the Blessed Mother in spectacular fashion at Guadalupe, Lourdes, Fatima and other confirmed miraculous events..
~~~

SO YOU USE FABLES TO GIVE CREDIBILITY TO YOUR CONJECTURE....AS I HAVE

SAID

ALL YOU HAVE IS SMOKE AND MIRRORS...NO CREDIBLE SUBSTANCE..

AND...I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE FAITH IN THAT?...

QUESTION

JUST WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE SUFFERINGS DEATH AND

RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION OF JESUS CHRIST...WHAT RELEVANCE COULD IT

POSSIBLY HAVE...

TO ME THERE IS NO RELEVANCE WHATSOEVER...JUST A BUNCH OF RHETORIC

EDITED IN TO SENSATIONALIZE THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

I DON'T BUY IT.. NOT FOR ONE SECOND...

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT....MARY NEVER DIED FOR ME...SHE IS NOT MY LORD AND

MASTER..SHE IS NOT MY MEDIATOR BETWEEN ME AND GOD

JESUS IS...

God the father said...

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

as for me

II will obey the heavenly father...and leave the rest of the conjecture for you.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#430808 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You have given no scriptures to validate your alleged teachings ...NOT IN ALL THE YEARS THAT I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM...
WHAT YOU ALLEGE THEY ARE THERE....
At no time have you proven what you
allege.
PUT YOUR SCRIPTURES HERE BEFORE US ALL...PROVE THEY ARE IN THE BIBLE
THAT THEY ARE TRUTH...
TO THIS POINT YOU HAVE JUST PRESENT SMOKE AND MIRRORS...NO SUBSTANCE
IF IT IS THERE PRESENT IT...
I can give you scripture on every inch of the Catholic faith. Its completely entwined with scripture and never conflicts with it.
But so what sir? You simply reject it. The next question to you is, who are you to authoritatively accept or reject anything?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#430809 Apr 1, 2013
who="Clay"
Clay:
For me, if I walked away now, I would lose my salvation because I experienced the fullness of the faith here on Earth- particularly the Holy Eucharist- through the Church that Jesus Christ started. There is no turning back for people in my situation...
You said what we've been trying to tell you...your hope is in the CC...and, in your own words, if you walked away from IT, you would lose your salvation.
KM
Hope all is well Kay.

The Catholic Church isn't just another start up Christian religion that's based on what a group of people read in the Bible - once it was printed in the 15th century!
It existed before the Bible and wrote the Bible. Its Bishops and sacred tradition determined the Bible!
The Church was started by Jesus Christ. So yes, I'm staying put because He promised the gates of Hell wouldn't prevail against it. I'm safe dear.

Really though, its the partaking of the Holy Eucharist that strengthens my faith and understanding of what this Church is.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430810 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>still fishing for Scripture that will back up your false theology of OSAS. wont find it in the Bible.
Making us a new CREATION, doesn't mean that we wont go back to b eing lost.
JESUS MAKES, WE DESTROY, only idiots like you believe in OSAS, others do so because they are lied to by false teachers.
So you believe that we can be a 'new creation' changed in our very nature. and then be an old creation again and then a new and then a new.......you are one screwy little fella. We can be saved and the lost and then saved and then lost....we can have our names written in the 'Lamb's book of Life' and then He erases it and then He writes it back and then He erases it....You are a funny little man with no understanding of what salvation means.lol but when you can't say anything intelligent (which is most of the time) you try to show how spiritual you are by calling names. You are to be pittied.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430811 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY RACY SLURS...
I have an international family.
Japanese, Black, Iranian, Polish German, Welsh also American Indian
Navajo ..So Don't pull your race card on me...
I don't have a barn on my mini farm and I don't have and ass..
I would like to have a few sheep..but I don't have a stream for them to
drink.
Why yes yo have took the Jew right out of Jesus and the whole Heavenly Host..........lol
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#430812 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
NOTE
ABOUT WORSHIP OF THE SAINTS
Catholics DO NOT Worship Saints!! This has been explained, proven and told to you over and over and over again!--It DOESN'T happen and in fact, it NEVER has happened!--You've been reading "to many" bible only (fictitious) comic books!!----- I have listened to this Catholics worship Saints lie" (as a bible only Protestant) for over 35 years. IT'S JUST ANOTHER PROTESTANT LIE!!!
GET OVER IT CONFRINTING!!!---and STOP spreading more of your bible only lies!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430813 Apr 1, 2013
PS God created the earth, etc. SIX DAYS
God rested on the seventh day.
We are living in the second week.
The Millenial reigh will be another day of rest
for God.
KM
You better watch it they will be calling a SDA Cultist..........snicker
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430815 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics DO NOT Worship Saints!! This has been explained, proven and told to you over and over and over again!--It DOESN'T happen and in fact, it NEVER has happened!--You've been reading "to many" bible only (fictitious) comic books!!----- I have listened to this Catholics worship Saints lie" (as a bible only Protestant) for over 35 years. IT'S JUST ANOTHER PROTESTANT LIE!!!
Yep!
http://ivarfjeld.com/2012/10/11/roman-catholi...

Location hidden

#430816 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>still fishing for Scripture that will back up your false theology of OSAS. wont find it in the Bible.
Making us a new CREATION, doesn't mean that we wont go back to b eing lost.
JESUS MAKES, WE DESTROY, only idiots like you believe in OSAS, others do so because they are lied to by false teachers.
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Location hidden

#430817 Apr 1, 2013
790 781
<quoted text>
The Closer to God we get the more the devil attempts to derail us...
After Jesus was baptized and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him
He had His wilderness experience...
We will also have ours...
the Bible says ....
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
Indeed!!!!
socci

Cameron, MO

#430818 Apr 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Catholic Church isn't just another start up Christian religion that's based on what a group of people read in the Bible - once it was printed in the 15th century!
It existed before the Bible and wrote the Bible. Its Bishops and sacred tradition determined the Bible!
The Church was started by Jesus Christ.

unconvinced.

Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

www.datingthenewtestament.com
socci

Cameron, MO

#430819 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:

If you pray to a dead so-called 'saint' you are worshipping idols no different than if you were to kiss the idol instead of your wife / husband. It is idol worship. God wants all to pray to him alone.

This is why the Roman Church removed God's second commandment from their catechism.

www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catech...

Blasphemy!

Such was foretold before the Roman Church ever existed..........

Daniel 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:"

Location hidden

#430820 Apr 1, 2013
Sabbath

habbath, shab-bawth'
intermission, i.e (specifically) the Sabbath:--(+ every) sabbath.

of Hebrew origin (7676); the Sabbath (i.e. Shabbath), or day of weekly repose from secular avocations (also the observance or institution itself); by extension, a se'nnight, i.e. the interval between two Sabbaths; likewise the plural in all the above applications:--sabbath (day), week.

Where in the definition of "sabbath", in Hebrew or Greek, is defined any day of the week????

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#430821 Apr 1, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is up to the individual with no mediator between Jesus; that there is no other Father.
If the Church claims there is another Father they are a false church. This is right in the ten commandments: have no other gods.
virgin mary waffer god queen of heaven - none supported with God's word.
Excellent. Youn made my point exactly.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#430822 Apr 1, 2013
Disciple wrote:
I told you they were demon-possessed, in Jesus name we pray for them.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430823 Apr 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you they were demon-possessed, in Jesus name we pray for them.
Do you think so?
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/library/g...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#430824 Apr 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I basically agree with you,because you have centered the way of salvation in Christ.It is so apparent these days that if there be a turning away,and a falling from the truth,it is because Christians will not"work out their salvation with fear and trembling."We are compeled to contend for the faith,not just to stand up for it,but to allow it to consume our lives,not an easy task by any means.But the radical view of abandoning oneself for the Lord is appropriate to us all who claim to know Christ.
The Apostles would never have died holy martyrs if they forsook Christ for a better life.
All the Apostles save Judas were killed for the gospel sake,except John who died on Patnos,or nearby.But he did suffer terrible persecution and was left for dead,but lived.
The Lord may call us to suffer such as well who knows? But our salvation does not depend on our actions,but in Christ who paid the greatest sacrifice.
When we trust in His deliverance and salvation we are living a life of faith in Him.So really all believers are challenged with that LIFE,only Christ can give,through His resurrection.
The Church is a corporate body of believers that trust in Christ alone for salvation,and believe His Word,live it and follow it.
I heard today on TV a huge gathering of Evangelicals who sang accappella"What can wash away our sins?"
The refraim is "Oh precious is the flow that washes me WHITE as snow.
No other fount I know,nothing but the Blood of Jesus."That says it all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Benefit of the Gardening. 4 min Kizzes7641 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 284,644
Gardening tools--returning to the health life 13 min Mintz3376 4
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 17 min Bubblesss899 5
Lions Wellington Tickets 22 min Lick1903 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 88,390
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 23 min Buck Crick 643
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 28 min Buck Crick 267
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Buck Crick 977,448
More from around the web