Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
414,921 - 414,940 of 532,921 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

You say god don't have mercy..yes god don't liked us.
I liked tell you what my father teach me.

Ostani dijete jednostavno i radosno i kad u oku imas suzu vrelu.
by

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks--but the TRUE Gospel of Salvation through Jesus Christ, is proclaimed, acknowledged and ministered to us Catholics (each and every day) at Daily Mass...... We, as Catholics (ALL KNOW IT AND RECEIVE HIM "7 days each week"!!!....... It is unfortunate that you bible only "fundies" are so blind to "that TRUTH"!!
Written like a true infidel, that expects to get into heaven by serving a corruptible man in Rome Italy.

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Written like a true infidel, that expects to get into heaven by serving a corruptible man in Rome Italy.
Traditions of men are just that, the sooner they realize it the better for them. Rome is what Rome was thousands of years ago.
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Christ is the way the truth and the life!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
very disappointing, i posted all those questions and not one catholic tried to answer them including the "MAN" sir pope hojo,who knows catholic history better than anyone.you claim the church is the true church,your pope has a direct line to god himself so you should know the answers to my questions,but you do not say anything.could it be because you can't? because that the church does not teach the truth? and you are clueless to the actual truth? this is what makes organized religion dangerous,you are being filled with the ideals of one certain group that only uses books that promotes their agenda,and that is to draw as many people to the church for the sole purpose of making money.
___

You wrote

you are being filled with the ideals of one certain group that only uses books that promotes their agenda,and that is to draw as many people to the church for the sole purpose of making money.

---
You are right in you assessment of books written by certain groups...

While some my not attempt to edit the word of God, as the Roman

Catholics do, yet when you go to their concordances, it is laced with

their own interpretations and applications of the scriptures.

As an example. the Schofield Bible is Baptist......and the references in the concordance is Baptist .

The Thompson Chain reference Bible is a Bible with no denominational

applications Neither is the 26, translation Bible that I use.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
YOU can continue to "worship" your (bible verses)!!.....I/we as Catholics will "continue" to "worship, proclaim, pay homage and reverence to JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Savior-(which has been the TRUTH, for over 2000 years)--in and through His One "true" Apostolic Catholic Church, the Bride of Christ.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend whomever authored that link you provided, they should become one of my students and I will definitely straighten them out Biblically.
~~~

Until you get deliverance from you homosexual demons, I for one am not interested in any thing you have to post..

If you can't live by the word .... then you are not qualified to teach it.

That goes for any one else here in this forum....that is attempting to teach God's word..from an unclean vessle

I am careful where I feed...and watch what I ingest int my spirit..

I loth to feed from a dirty dish...spiritually or physically.
or drink from a contaminated spring...

This is one of the reasons (among many) that I reject Catholicism
and the words of contaminated corruptible men...

JESUS IS THE ONLY INCORRUPTIBLE MAN IN EXISTENCE...THE HEAVENLY FATHER SAID...HEAR YE HIM...

The Hebrew definition of SALVATION...
is ...welfare, health, deliverance prosperity and victory...

H3444
IT ALL COMES BY THE BLOOD OF
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw ...JESUS....NO ONE ELSE QUALIFIES....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU can continue to "worship" your (bible verses)!!.....I/we as Catholics will "continue" to "worship, proclaim, pay homage and reverence to JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Savior-(which has been the TRUTH, for over 2000 years)--in and through His One "true" Apostolic Catholic Church, the Bride of Christ.
~~~

2Co_11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have

espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a

chaste G53
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#957;&#959;&#769; &#962;
hagnos
hag-nos'
From the same as G40; properly clean, that is,(figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:- chaste, clean, pure.

virgin to Christ.

THOSE THAT ARE INVOLVED IN SPIRITUAL ADULTERY AND FORNICATION

WITH

IDOLS

ICONS

STATUES AND

IMAGES

ARE NOT ....CHASTE.

THEY CANNOT QUALIFY AS A PART OF THE BRIDE OF CHRIST
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
chaste G53
hagnos
hag-nos'
From the same as G40; properly clean, that is,(figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:- chaste, clean, pure.
virgin to Christ.
WITH
IDOLS
ICONS
STATUES AND
IMAGES
ARE NOT ....CHASTE.
Your "editorialized opinionated (half-truth Christianity) is "filled with lies, heresy and anti-catholic (hatefilled) vindictiveness........ It is unfortunate Confrinting, that during this Easter week, of Christs death and resurrection, that the TRUE SPIRIT OF CHRISTIAN UNIFYING FAITH, SALVATION AND LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST "continues" to (escape and avoid) your hostile, mind heart and soul. Again, greet your wife KayMarie for me! She is the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN in your family!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
chaste G53
hagnos
hag-nos'
virgin to Christ.
WITH
IDOLS
ICONS
STATUES AND
IMAGES
ARE NOT ....CHASTE.
Like I said before:--You can continue to "list" and "worship" your bible verses.......For it is like Jesus said in Matthew 7:16-20 "you will know my disciples by the "fruit they produce! Beware of false teachers for you will know them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit"!! My family and I will continue to worship and proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior His, life, death and resurrection (each and every day) at Daily Mass and the Eucharist, in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church--and pray for you and KayMarie
A blessed Easter to you and your family!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Marge, I am probably the only Christian here on this forum that is free. So you accept the pagan practice of rolling easter eggs and bunny rabbits etc, all which are nothing but pagan fertility rites that have crept into the house of God and which gullible Christians have accepted hook,line and sinker as Christian things but in fact are an insult to the Lord of Hosts.
Have you never wondered where the practice of easter eggs asnd bunny rabbits came from and what in the Sam Hill they have to do with the death,burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Name one scripture where God told Christians it's okay to bring these pagan practices into His house.
Scripture tells us that judgement shall start at the house and that means with the so called church. Why? Because the so called church should know better than to turn the house of Gid into a Bethevan ( look it up ). The church is no longer known as BETHEL but todays church has become so corrupt that now it is known as BETHEVAN.
And whomever told you that you can just willy nilly choose whatever day you like to observe,whether that day is chocked full of pagan rites and practices (LIKE EASTER) has lied to you my sister. Even the so called Sunrise services are pagan. Have you not read Ezekile where the priests of the Temple were caught in that practice and God was very insulted with those so priests. There is much you have to learn my sister.
The first mention of Beth Aven, which means “house of wickedness,” in the Old Testament is in Joshua 7:2.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
That goes for any one else here in this forum....that is attempting to teach God's word..from an unclean vessle
"If you can't live by the word than you're not qualified to teach it"

Then in your next post you bore false witness against Catholics.
Its time for you to hand over your Bible, you're not qualified to teach it.
The only way you can debunk Catholicism is to use deception. That's a fact.
This is another of the many reasons I know the Church is the one started by Jesus Christ.. you guys need to lie to bring it down.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before:--You can continue to "list" and "worship" your bible verses.......For it is like Jesus said in Matthew 7:16-20 "you will know my disciples by the "fruit they produce! Beware of false teachers for you will know them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit"!! My family and I will continue to worship and proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior His, life, death and resurrection (each and every day) at Daily Mass and the Eucharist, in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church--and pray for you and KayMarie
I always thought it amusing that people who showed up 1900 yrs after Jesus, grabbed a Bible; read it; changed Apostolic teachings like the Eucharist and said "Beware of false teachers" as if the verse is directed at the Church that gave it to us!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

your Creator know how you look..yes ..his first ''?'' is why you hide yourself when i know you.
His commandment is be productive in his holy garden..i told you how many times they change Eden as well bible too.
Be bless if you poor or dirty
be bless if they accuse you abuse as well assault you
be bless if they strip you
be bless if they judge you

i told you
he is full of Mercy as well Grace

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
___
You wrote
you are being filled with the ideals of one certain group that only uses books that promotes their agenda,and that is to draw as many people to the church for the sole purpose of making money.
---
You are right in you assessment of books written by certain groups...
While some my not attempt to edit the word of God, as the Roman
Catholics do, yet when you go to their concordances, it is laced with
their own interpretations and applications of the scriptures.
As an example. the Schofield Bible is Baptist......and the references in the concordance is Baptist .
The Thompson Chain reference Bible is a Bible with no denominational
applications Neither is the 26, translation Bible that I use.
not to familiar with The Thompson Chain reference Bible,will have to check it out,could be interesting reading to see they difference between others i have read.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

The scene at St. Mary’s Catholic Church on Springdale Road in Cherry Hill on Christmas morning was both a familiar sight, and a rare occurrence. The church was packed to capacity, which is commonplace on Christmas day, but is a far cry from how general Sunday attendance has been over the last several years. As with churches not just in southern New Jersey, but all across the country, the number of faithful gathering every Sunday for worship has steadily been dwindling. While some may attribute this trend to an overall erosion in the moral and spiritual fiber in people as a whole in recent times, which can be debated endlessly, there seems to be a more specific reason that some many Catholics have gone from being Sunday regulars to C and E practitioners.
The scene at St. Mary’s Catholic Church on Springdale Road in Cherry Hill on Christmas morning was both a familiar sight, and a rare occurrence. The church was packed to capacity, which is commonplace on Christmas day, but is a far cry from how general Sunday attendance has been over the last several years. As with churches not just in southern New Jersey, but all across the country, the number of faithful gathering every Sunday for worship has steadily been dwindling. While some may attribute this trend to an overall erosion in the moral and spiritual fiber in people as a whole in recent times, which can be debated endlessly, there seems to be a more specific reason that some many Catholics have gone from being Sunday regulars to C and E practitioners.

Controversy has hit the Catholic Church often and severely in recent years. It was not so much the allegations of molestation and corruption that disturbed so many of the faithful, it was the attempt to downplay and cover-up these instances that was the root of the decline in support from a large portion of Catholics. These events caused a steady drop in attendance and contributions, which in turn has lead many churches in our area to offer services less often, and even other churches to downsize and merge their congregations. It was apparent that many people did not wish to continue their allegiance with a church that did not seem to live by the values it preached.here is no way to look past what has happened in recent years. This should not be, however, reason enough to abandon one’s beliefs altogether over unhappiness or even disgust with the actions of some parts of a whole. Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, et cetera, while they may hold titles of influence in the church, are all still men at the end of the day, just like everyone else. And from an individual standpoint, the actions of others should never push a person away from what they truly believe. It is in times of great difficulty that one should adhere to their faith even tighter, not walk away from it. While you may be unhappy with the actions of some men, do not let them steal away your beliefs.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
It appears that no one on this forum can understand Scripture...or, they are well able to understand, but to admit that they do, would reveal their erroneous beliefs...
2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Php 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better.
Would someone care to share with us the message that both of these verses teach???
He stated he would RATHER be.

Also other passages in scripture tell us the appointed time.

Philippians 3

11 If by any means ....[I might attain unto the resurrection of the

dead.]...
12 [Not as though I had already attained], either were already

perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which

also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one

thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching

forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in

Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in

any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the

same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so

as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you

even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory

is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
[20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for

the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who .......[shall]......... change our vile body, that it may be

fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working

whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.]

1 Thessalonians 4

Comfort from Knowledge of Christ's Return

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them

who are asleep, that you sorrow not, even as others who have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also

who sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we who are

alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not precede them

who are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with

the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in

Christ shall rise first:

17Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with

them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever

be with the Lord.

18Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the

last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised

imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be

blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord

Jesus comes with all his holy ones.
Marylou

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
. AMEN HOJO!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Well I'll leave you good people with this closing thought. You have brought pagan practices into the House of the Lord to the point thaT IT SEEMS THAT YOU ARE NOT SERVING THE LORD IN TRUTH.
The things that you do in Gods house you think you honor Him but in reality you insult the Lord and when one tries to show you the error of your ways you stand ready to proverbially stone that person. But Joshua said it best here and this is my advice to you as well...
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/joshua/24...
AMEN!!!
Joshua 24:15
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve ; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell : but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

The end times willl as in the days of Noah.
Marylou

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you can't live by the word than you're not qualified to teach it"
Then in your next post you bore false witness against Catholics.
Its time for you to hand over your Bible, you're not qualified to teach it.
The only way you can debunk Catholicism is to use deception. That's a fact.
This is another of the many reasons I know the Church is the one started by Jesus Christ.. you guys need to lie to bring it down.
. So true Clay. I feel so sorry for these poor people that spend all their time on the Internet attacking others faith instead of living their own faith.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
Until you get deliverance from you homosexual demons, I for one am not interested in any thing you have to post..
I am careful where I feed...and watch what I ingest int my spirit..
I loth to feed from a dirty dish...spiritually or physically.
or drink from a contaminated spring...
This is one of the reasons (among many) that I reject Catholicism
and the words of contaminated corruptible men...
JESUS IS THE ONLY INCORRUPTIBLE MAN IN EXISTENCE...THE HEAVENLY FATHER SAID...HEAR YE HIM...
The Hebrew definition of SALVATION...
is ...welfare, health, deliverance prosperity and victory...
H3444
IT ALL COMES BY THE BLOOD OF
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw ...JESUS....NO ONE ELSE QUALIFIES....
e has lready confessed his sins unto the Lord and stated he no longer practiced that life style.

What more do you want from him ?

1 Corinthians 6:11

King James Version (KJV)

8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

550 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Catcher1 721,135
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Krackerjacks 115,287
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 22 min clint 45
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min sweets2360 224,357
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Porkpie Hat 256,652
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 55 min yon 6
IndiaHomes Review: Gurgaon, the city with Ever ... 57 min PPS Sethi 10
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 172,474
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr kalei 79