Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685532 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430560 Mar 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~`
You cannot Biblically call what I have posted evil with out calling God's word evil...I have posted thousands of scriptures over the past years..
Satan also quoted scripture!!(or better yet USED AND MANIPULATED SCRIPTURE to tempt, confuse and entice Jesus!...... You Confrinting, distort the TRUTH of the Word of God with (no regard) for the personal faith and salvation of ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN,except for your own "pride and ego"!! The basis of all of your beliefs and of and EVERY bible only "fundie" on this forum is (nothing but) EDITORICALIZED (PERSONAL OPINIONATED) interpretation of the bible---- which is "laced, ingrained, and (loaded) with anti-catholic hostility and vengeance---NOT doctrine, NOT theology, and NOT Truth. If there is ANY truth at all-it is "relative (editorial) truth" (whatever each person decides for them is the truth!!! 42,000 contradicting beliefs today: 42,500 inconsistent beliefs tomorrow, 43,000 conflicting beliefs the next day!!!..... For 35+ years, I was indoctrinated in this hoax, scam and fraudulent BIBLE ONLY thinking)!!--Not any more!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!----IT IS ALL YOURS!!!!! My family and I as TRUE Catholic Christians will remain with the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, and the TRUE faith and Salvation He gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through His One True Catholic Church!! You, my friend, can do and believe what you want!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430561 Mar 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan also quoted scripture!!(or better yet USED AND MANIPULATED SCRIPTURE to tempt, confuse and entice Jesus!...... You Confrinting, distort the TRUTH of the Word of God with (no regard) for the personal faith and salvation of ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN,except for your own "pride and ego"!! The basis of all of your beliefs and of and EVERY bible only "fundie" on this forum is (nothing but) EDITORICALIZED (PERSONAL OPINIONATED) interpretation of the bible---- which is "laced, ingrained, and (loaded) with anti-catholic hostility and vengeance---NOT doctrine, NOT theology, and NOT Truth. If there is ANY truth at all-it is "relative (editorial) truth" (whatever each person decides for them is the truth!!! 42,000 contradicting beliefs today: 42,500 inconsistent beliefs tomorrow, 43,000 conflicting beliefs the next day!!!..... For 35+ years, I was indoctrinated in this hoax, scam and fraudulent BIBLE ONLY thinking)!!--Not any more!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!----IT IS ALL YOURS!!!!! My family and I as TRUE Catholic Christians will remain with the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, and the TRUE faith and Salvation He gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through His One True Catholic Church!! You, my friend, can do and believe what you want!!!
You poor pathetic misguided blind and deaf fool...

The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately A.D. 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles.

Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles.

In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430562 Mar 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
house of vanity; Beth- Aven, a place in Palestine:--Beth-aven.
vanity: Excessive pride in one's appearance or accomplishments; conceit.
Compare BETHAVEN ( house of nothing or house of wicknedness) to BETHEL ( house of God). Get yourself a Strongs Concordance and that will be your homework assignment today. Make sure it's a real Dr. Strongs concordance.

Location hidden

#430563 Mar 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Compare BETHAVEN ( house of nothing or house of wicknedness) to BETHEL ( house of God). Get yourself a Strongs Concordance and that will be your homework assignment today. Make sure it's a real Dr. Strongs concordance.
No need to...Strong's Lexicons, Greek and Hebrew, tells me what I need to know about word definitions...
socci

Cameron, MO

#430564 Mar 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
We should not take it on ourselves to decide with finality, as individuals, on the delicate question of where Grace exists and where it does not.
We cannot personally and unilaterally declare this-or-that person or this-or-that Church heretical. We must follow our Synods and the Holy Spirit, Who acts through them, and let the Church speak for us. Otherwise, we will make of our resistance a mockery, dividing among ourselves and scandalizing the Faithful—a sad phenomenon that the Evil One has already widely used to compromise the contemporary resistance movement against ecumenism and modernism.
If it is not for amateurs and self-made experts to make pronouncements about complex matters of the Faith, it is also not for them to misuse and misapply such terms as "heresy" and "heretic

It is up to the individual with no mediator between Jesus; that there is no other Father.
If the Church claims there is another Father they are a false church. This is right in the ten commandments: have no other gods.

virgin mary waffer god queen of heaven - none supported with God's word.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430565 Mar 30, 2013
Is anyone going to those so called sunrise services this morning.

Israel practiced this old ritual back in their day and even then Godf was NOT pleased with it. The priests would face the sun with their backs towards the temple and worship the sun. God called it an abomination.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/ezekiel/p...

Today Christians still practice this ritual of facing the sun and thinking they're worshipping God but in fact due to the origin of this practice, THEY INSULT THE LORD OF HOSTS.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430566 Mar 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to...Strong's Lexicons, Greek and Hebrew, tells me what I need to know about word definitions...
You have much to learn when it comes to """"" """"" """"" """"ACCURA TELY"""" """"" """"" """"" BEING ABLE TO HANDLE THE bIBLICAL LANGUAGES.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430567 Mar 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
Satan also quoted scripture!!(or better yet USED AND MANIPULATED SCRIPTURE to tempt, confuse and entice Jesus!

Still does with such claims peter founded the church at rome virgin mary medaitrix waffer god queen of heaven and other false doctrine not found in the Bible.

hojo wrote:
If there is ANY truth at all-it is "relative (editorial) truth" (whatever each person decides for them is the truth!!! 42,000 contradicting beliefs today: 42,500 inconsistent beliefs tomorrow, 43,000 conflicting beliefs the next day!!!..... For 35+ years, I was indoctrinated in this hoax, scam and fraudulent BIBLE ONLY thinking)!!--Not any more!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!----IT IS ALL YOURS!!!!! My family and I as TRUE Catholic Christians will remain with the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, and the TRUE faith and Salvation He gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through His One True Catholic Church!! You, my friend, can do and believe what you want!!!

The history of Rome since day 01.

If others are wrong about this or that, that is their problem, and we can all debate this. But, to claim to be vicar of christ god on earth only true church while using false books is not debatable or christian at all.

Location hidden

#430568 Mar 30, 2013
566 562
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You have much to learn when it comes to """"" """"" """"" """"ACCURA TELY"""" """"" """"" """"" BEING ABLE TO HANDLE THE bIBLICAL LANGUAGES.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430569 Mar 30, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>e has lready confessed his sins unto the Lord and stated he no longer practiced that life style.
What more do you want from him ?
1 Corinthians 6:11
King James Version (KJV)
8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
May I ask you a question please?? Are you Catholic? You appear to have a grasp on the scriptures that most posters and members of the RCC simply does not possess and I was puzzled by your moniker.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430570 Mar 30, 2013

• The Forbidden Book
http://youtu.be/6uFgKlnEJus
History of the Reformation and production of the Protestant Bibles.

socci

Cameron, MO

#430571 Mar 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
566 562

Seldom have to consult a Strongs. Usually just read directly from the English. But the Strong's did come built into my new Bible! Can be useful sometimes, usually when others try and tell me what the Greek means, or if they are using a corrupted version.

Strongs
www.apostolic-churches.net/bible/strongs.html

Textus Receptus Greek / English
www.logosapostolic.org/bibles/textus_receptus...

Lots of tools online. More than ever before!
socci

Cameron, MO

#430572 Mar 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
May I ask you a question please?? Are you Catholic? You appear to have a grasp on the scriptures that most posters and members of the RCC simply does not possess and I was puzzled by your moniker.

I think he's just trying to fit into their thread, lOl.

I refuse to use the word "catholic" since they are not universal whether they want to be or not.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430573 Mar 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Seldom have to consult a Strongs. Usually just read directly from the English. But the Strong's did come built into my new Bible! Can be useful sometimes, usually when others try and tell me what the Greek means, or if they are using a corrupted version.
Strongs
Better be careful what you find online and try to use as a study aid. Can you handle the Massoratic Text? Have you ever even heard of them?

Location hidden

#430574 Mar 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Strongs
A common mistake made by Bible illiterates is to use the English dictionary to define key Greek word from which the English was translated.

The other mistake most people make is not being aware that Greek is not always Greek. So, they look up a word in a "Greek" dictionary, and go with that definition.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430575 Mar 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Seldom have to consult a Strongs. Usually just read directly from the English.
Well that explains why you misunderstand so much of Gods word.

Location hidden

#430576 Mar 30, 2013
For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine “legalized” Christianity with the Edict of Milan in A.D. 313. Later, in A.D. 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#430577 Mar 30, 2013
The Catholic Church seems a bit corrupt. First, how can U tell people to confess their wrongdoings to another man and expect forgiveness?! That power is not in man! Then they make saints of men who have passed away and tell U that the person is some kind of guardian now and if U pray upon them they will protect U from whatever bothers U. Sound like false gods, doesn't it?! They even made Mary some kind of God that they pray to. Oh my God, this is so blasphemous if we take into account the C.ommandments!! They even bow down to what they call a "pope" and praise he who is flesh more than He who is in spirit who said to trust not man or his will but believe in the Father and obey His will. Catholic priests are even referring to themselves as "Father" and insists that U must also. BLASPHEMY!!! The Catholic Church can't be the "real" church because it is a mockery of epic proportions and has conspired to keep the masses under a hypnotic spell of ignorance in order to maintain order amongst a chaotic race of beings called "man" through a religion based upon man being worthy of praise just a well as the Almighty. Blasphemous!!!

Location hidden

#430578 Mar 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well that explains why you misunderstand so much of Gods word.
Yes, it does play a part in not being able to understand...but Scripture says the reason for not being able to understand Scripture is: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I totally agree with Scripture...been there...done that...

Location hidden

#430579 Mar 31, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
The Catholic Church seems a bit corrupt. First, how can U tell people to confess their wrongdoings to another man and expect forgiveness?! That power is not in man! Then they make saints of men who have passed away and tell U that the person is some kind of guardian now and if U pray upon them they will protect U from whatever bothers U. Sound like false gods, doesn't it?! They even made Mary some kind of God that they pray to. Oh my God, this is so blasphemous if we take into account the C.ommandments!! They even bow down to what they call a "pope" and praise he who is flesh more than He who is in spirit who said to trust not man or his will but believe in the Father and obey His will. Catholic priests are even referring to themselves as "Father" and insists that U must also. BLASPHEMY!!! The Catholic Church can't be the "real" church because it is a mockery of epic proportions and has conspired to keep the masses under a hypnotic spell of ignorance in order to maintain order amongst a chaotic race of beings called "man" through a religion based upon man being worthy of praise just a well as the Almighty. Blasphemous!!!
I was a Catholic for the first 40 years of my life..what you are saying is gospel truth. During that period of my life, I was a staunch defender of my religion...to the point of physical confrontations to silence the "holy rollers"..as we called Protestants...who tried in vain to share the truth with me!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Jeb Stewart 24,926
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min DENG 39,257
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 58 min Gray Box 1,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 985,597
Sade and Mel Blanc 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,285
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web