Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,983
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430229 Mar 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible is God's standard of Holiness..A GUIDE BOOK....FOR THE JOURNEY FROM EARTH TO HEAVEN.
Incorrect, it is a book scribed by men, describing to men, how one should be in "God's eyes".

You've yet to prove that it is accurate.

In fact, I've shown you (and others) numerous times that you are incorrect and wrong in your view of how it is perceived.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430230 Mar 28, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 70 MILLION copies of "50 shades of Grey" have been sold mostly to women, a book about womens erotica. I will bet your wife has a copy. Check at the bottom of your wifes socks drawer.(lol)
Sorry, but she is "more Catholic" than I am! You lose again!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430231 Mar 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>that's why i call him parrot,he constantly repeats himself,you post a fact about the church that rubs him the wrong way,you get nothing from him that disputes your post,no history or biblical fact that proves what you posted is wrong,and the only reason for that is because he can't do it,and he knows it,but refuses to admit it.you get the same message every time. notice how he says I/we Catholics,he use to say we Catholics,but when i started to call him pope hojo,he changed it. WHAT really boggles the mind is that it is a well known fact that the church is guilty of crimes against humanity yet people support the company,i don't get it.
The Church is not guilty of anything, because Jesus Christ IS the Church,(the Bride of Christ). Those who are guilty are a small % of the priests who have "rejected and scandalized "themselves" and their priestly vocation. The "perverted conduct" of these pedophile priests does not change or alter the fact that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will always teach the TRUTH of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. "Sin" is prevalent "everywhere", in "every" Church, in "every" one of your 42,000+ Protestant denominations. This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430232 Mar 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to place it there?
*grins*
Aaaw....did I hurt your feelings?
No need to...you beat me to it!!!!

Location hidden

#430233 Mar 28, 2013
227 209
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You still sound like one.....too bad for you.
Then I need to make corrections...now!! Would appreciate you showing me what I am saying that makes me sound like a Catholic....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430234 Mar 28, 2013
Just because you asked - I'll answer your questions, so maybe you will learn something.....
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
“The New Age movement comprises a loose collection of individuals and groups who employ a variety of religious practices such as
channeling,[question; who do you channel]
I don't channel anyone.
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
crystal work,
[question; what is this crystal suppose to do for you]
and
"protection from evil."

Crystal have always been know to contain energy.

Did you know that in the semiconductor world (Integrated circuits = ICs), silicon, the main compond in crystals are used widely and used today.
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
alternative healing
[question; what alternative healing?]
Accupuncture, herbal medicine, mental healing
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
in order to transform both themselves and the wider world.

[question; r u going to transform the world? How?]
with forcing people to be honest with themselves and others.

You can be the starting point.
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
New Agers tend to view incarnation as a human being on earth as only one option for a reincarnating soul. Most New Age practitioners believe that souls can take life on a variety of planets and planes of existence.

[question will you be in another planet when you die?]
No - but in another plane of existence - a spiritual realm. I'll see you there!
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Age Movement
grew in popularity during the 1970s and 1980s through the
teachings of David Spangler and other metaphysical religious groups, but it has existed in various forms since the 2nd century C.E. Beginning with Gnosticism, New Age ideas have continued through a variety of groups including Rosicrucianism, Freemasonary, and the teachings of Helena Blavatsky. New Age ideas have many different origins from a variety of places, but most of them can be traced to Eastern religious traditions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and other ancient religious traditions.
Unlike most other religions, the New Age possesses no central scriptures. Practicing a religion that is really a disparate and informal network, New Age practitioners-sometimes also called New
Agers-freely choose from a variety of options to guide them in
their spiritual development.
http://www.patheos.com/Library/New-Age/Belief...
Quoting one source will not give you the answers you think are finite.

keep asking those questions you are afraid to.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430235 Mar 28, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
To explain the Bible to people like you. If you ever had a catechism you would find footnotes on each page. Duh!
What came first the Church or the Bible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YqKjcTHsuw0XX
I feel for you star....so misguided.
By the way I'm not a Protestant. Nothing to protest. Just a very humble disciple.
As I grew up it was a requirement for me to take catechism (boring). I was never required to take Bible study, in fact it was not existent those days. Do they offer it in catholic school nowadays?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430236 Mar 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For Moses to be talking with Christ...face to face...and be in his grave at the time, disproves the old adage "you can't be in two places at the same time"!!!!!
Matthew 17

6And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were much afraid.

7And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

8And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, except Jesus only.

9And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the.......[[[vision ]]]]......to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

Do you not knowwhat a VISION is ?
socci

Cameron, MO

#430237 Mar 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
227 209
Then I need to make corrections...now!! Would appreciate you showing me what I am saying that makes me sound like a Catholic....

The new ager sounds pretty catholic to me.

Many Protestants are very joined with Rome about Christmas and Easter, but also Sunday worship. They dont even object to Rome any longer thus are called Evangelical. They are all in error about this. Besides those ecumenical practices there is also the doctrine of the immortal soul and eternal hell, ect. Most Protestants just 100 years ago understood this was romanism. Only since the Civil War and Scofield have Protestants been taken over and redirected in thought and doctrine. Most of the televangelists are deceivers.

Luther and Tyndale correctly rejected the belief that the dead go directly to heaven..

http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#430238 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is not guilty of anything, because Jesus Christ IS the Church,(the Bride of Christ). Those who are guilty are a small % of the priests who have "rejected and scandalized "themselves" and their priestly vocation. The "perverted conduct" of these pedophile priests does not change or alter the fact that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will always teach the TRUTH of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. "Sin" is prevalent "everywhere", in "every" Church, in "every" one of your 42,000+ Protestant denominations. This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!
This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!

Your catholic church does not save people Jesus alone saves.
To say otherwise is blaspheme.
People are the church people who believe Jesus and follow Him alone.
If your church was teaching the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ.
You would never have said or believed this,
This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430239 Mar 28, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
To explain the Bible to people like you. If you ever had a catechism you would find footnotes on each page. Duh!
What came first the Church or the Bible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YqKjcTHsuw0XX
John 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#430240 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
SMALL percentage of priests? Oh, please....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430241 Mar 28, 2013
StarC wrote:
“The Church is indestructible. Over the centuries it has withstood the onslaught of Nero, Julian the Apostate, countless heresies, countless betrayals, the claims that it denies reason, schism, wars, Hitler, Mussolini, corrupt clergy, apathetic laity, and others. In fact, even the most faithful Christian will startle when he ponders the Church's list of historical enemies. The fact that it has triumphed, and even thrived, in the way it has seems to defy logic, to say the least (Cf: 1 Cor 1:25). We are, after all, an organization founded on 11 poorly educated men who followed another man--one who never wrote a word--who was killed by being nailed to logs.
Rest assured, the Church will take on and withstand nihilism, modernism, relativism, secular humanism, and any other enemy that comes to face it, and it will survive them all.(Cf: Mat 16:18)”
----------Fr-Carlos Martins
Revelation 18

7So much as she has glorified herself, and lived luxuriously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she says in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Psalm 10:6 He says to himself, "Nothing will ever shake me." He swears, "No one will ever do me harm."
----------
Isaiah 47:7 You said,'I am forever-- the eternal queen!' But you did not consider these things or reflect on what might happen.
----------
Isaiah 47:8 "Now then, listen, you lover of pleasure, lounging in your security and saying to yourself,'I am, and there is none besides me. I will never be a widow or suffer the loss of children.'
----------
Ezekiel 28:2 "Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre,'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: "'In the pride of your heart you say, "I am a god; I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas." But you are a mere mortal and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god.
----------
Obadiah 1:3 The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself,'Who can bring me down to the ground?'
----------
Zephaniah 2:15 This is the city of revelry that lived in safety. She said to herself, "I am the one! And there is none besides me." What a ruin she has become, a lair for wild beasts! All who pass by her scoff and shake their fists.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430242 Mar 28, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
SMALL percentage of priests? Oh, please....
Yes!! Less than 2%!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430243 Mar 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!
Your catholic church does not save people Jesus alone saves.
To say otherwise is blaspheme.
People are the church people who believe Jesus and follow Him alone.
If your church was teaching the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ.
You would never have said or believed this,
This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS
You "fundies" twist, manipulate and distort the TRUTH (as you ALWAYS have!
I "never said that the Church Saved Sinners! I said JESUS established His Catholic Church (a heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church) which is the Bride of Christ---as a Sacred, Reverent,Church----to "save sinners"!..... Quit playing your anti-catholic bible only "editorial games", LTM !
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430244 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! Less than 2%!!!
Yea that souds right less than 2% are not corrupt.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430245 Mar 28, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Passover fell on the weekly Sabbath; it was a double-sabbath.
pretty good study on that here..
www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com
Thanks for the link. I guess one would have to go back in time according to the Lunar Calnder to see when or on what day the first day of the month begun and count up to the event scheduled for passover. I know I could google it but just don't have the energy or time to go there at this time.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430246 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! Less than 2%!!!
so a small percentage of you priest are perverts...

What is 2% of enough priest to handle the confessions of a religious organization of over a Billion...

That would be over million perverts... close to two....

“Truth Seeker ”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#430247 Mar 28, 2013
There are currently no churches teaching the full blown truth about life. Part of it is not their fault because they could not know it until now. And the other part is their fault because they refuse to change or look for evidence to support their claims. Billions of dollars racking in each year. Where is this money going to?

With that being said, the truth IS in the Bible, but it's not what people think.

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-prese...
towncrier

Duluth, GA

#430248 Mar 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
so a small percentage of you priest are perverts...
What is 2% of enough priest to handle the confessions of a religious organization of over a Billion...
That would be over million perverts... close to two....
A large percentage of your Protestant ministers are perverts! Your point exactly hypocrite?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min Johnny 4,711
BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9981 2 min jack webber 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 773,839
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min HipGnosis 175,540
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min DNF 96,725
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 54 min okimar 53,250
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 59 min HipGnosis 441,755
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 265,011
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 604,789
More from around the web