Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,733)

Showing posts 414,641 - 414,660 of512,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430060
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve Wohlberg explains about as good as any..
Jesus often told “parables” or stories that were symbolic of deeper truths. Although parables contain many practical lessons, not every item should be taken literally. Is this story a parable? We believe so.
Here are 7 reasons why:
1. Jesus often began His parables with the phrase, "a certain…" this or that. If you look up these verses in Luke’s gospel, you will discover that they are all parables. Thus it’s logical to assume the Rich Man and Lazarus story is also a parable.
2. A man cannot physically enter into "the bosom" or chest of another person as Christ described.
3. Can someone literally burning in flames carry on a normal conversation?
4. Can those in heaven and hell talk to each other?
5. Jesus represented the rich man as being bodily in hell, with eyes, a mouth, a tongue, etc. This is obviously symbolic. If you were to dig up a real rich man's grave, wouldn't his body be there? Of course!
6. A real burning man would not request a little water to cool his tongue alone. What about the rest of his body?
7. Consciousness at death contradicts the rest of the Bible.
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
Thank you socci. Steve Wohlberg is a favourite pastor of mine. He has a television ministry which goes worldwide.

I just wish people would watch his videos so they can understand the truth.
I tire of insults such as I bet you call yourself a Christian and I am blaspheming when I say Jesus was not in Heaven on Good Friday.

Father forgive their unbelief.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430061
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Anger is a trait of justice. You do understand justice? Justice is not murder. Why do you defend the satanists?
Please define "satanist".

Please post your support for this definition and how it applies to whomever you are referring to.

I just want to make sure I understand your argument, before I argue against it.

Yes, against it, because your use of this word (satanists) is IMO, incorrect, although it does sound to me like you are judging others by calling these other people this name. To me, that says you are powerful and am "like God" because you have the authority to judge others. I don't believe you are capable of this, but you seem to find comfort posting it.

Live in love - you'll be a better person for it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430062
Mar 27, 2013
 
Oxbow wrote:
037
<quoted text>
"2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting."
"all the while the thief was waiting" clearly says Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
That is very very close to committing the one unforgivable sin...blasphemy...
I disagree.

Even Jesus disagrees with you.

(44) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Why do you try to instill fear unto others with false teachings?
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430063
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot understand that Jesus was NOT in Paradise on the Good Friday, I assume it is willing ignorance and I cannot help you.
Who wrote that dictionary? Holy men inspired by God?
Who punctuated the Bible? Some guy as he rode on a donkey.
Who cannot figure out that Jesus was in the tomb until Sunday morning (the first day of the week)? He was NOT in Heaven for 40 days. SIMPLE BUT YOU CANNOT GRASP THE LOGIC!
Do you not believe in the Holy Trinity?

If Jesus and God are one being with the Spirit, then Christ would have been present in Spirit in Heaven on Good Friday.
then it would be valid to say the theif went with Christ to Heaven.

On a side note: you are off the charts cultist. I pray for you and beg you to leave the Bible alone. It belongs to the Church that established it. You're not an authority to be dictating Christianity man..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430064
Mar 27, 2013
 
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you read that he killed innocent people?
The question you should be asking is:

Do I believe that "God" had a direct hand in the result when the people of the OT went to war and killed whole villages and their villagers?[for the spoils, no doubt]

If you believe that "God" did guide these hands

Then "He" is an accomplice to murder - against "His" own commandment.

--OR--

You can refer to men had free will then, as we do now, thus "God" had stepped back from the game, but still watched how others praised "Him" when they succeeded in killing hundreds or thousands of innocent people.

--OR--

You can look at these paradoxes and view that "God" really hasn't any control over anyone in this plane of existence. Therefore, men have killed innocent men, and "God" allowed it to occur, because "God" cannot access this domain.
- more than common is the response that I have rcvd from so-called "Christians" when I've given this statement to them. They like to lean on, "that is because Satan rules this world".
+ which actually collapses their omnipotence theory and their "God has a plan for everything" theory. Because, if "Satan" is in control, "God" either knows about it and allows it to happen, or "God" likes to have "Satan" in control of "His children", because he doesn't care or can't access them.

Do you think "God" has killed innocent people?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430065
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not believe in the Holy Trinity?
If Jesus and God are one being with the Spirit, then Christ would have been present in Spirit in Heaven on Good Friday.
then it would be valid to say the thief went with Christ to Heaven.
On a side note: you are off the charts cultist. I pray for you and beg you to leave the Bible alone. It belongs to the Church that established it. You're not an authority to be dictating Christianity man..
I believe in God the Father, Jesus, God's only begotten Son and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus prayed to God and that would be senseless if they were one and the same.
Clay we know you are in the world's biggest cult so don't accuse me of anything you know nothing of.
The Bible is not yours. No "church" established it.
I am not dictating, I merely point out gross error with scriptutre and logic.

You ignore the reasoning entirely that Jesus was in the tomb until Sunday morning and NOT IN HEAVEN with the thief.

I SUSPECT YOU ARE UNABLE TO GRASP THAT SO STOP YOUR ARROGANCE NOW!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430066
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Clay, if you can take a moment, see...
http://www.allabouttruth.org/Who-Wrote-The-Bi...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430068
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

053
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot understand that Jesus was NOT in Paradise on the Good Friday, I assume it is willing ignorance and I cannot help you.
Who wrote that dictionary? Holy men inspired by God?
Who punctuated the Bible? Some guy as he rode on a donkey.
Who cannot figure out that Jesus was in the tomb until Sunday morning (the first day of the week)? He was NOT in Heaven for 40 days. SIMPLE BUT YOU CANNOT GRASP THE LOGIC!
You have the God given right to view the Bible as being fallible. That is the only way you can support your erroneous beliefs.

You reject the truth in His Word, and also deny the correctness of the dictionary!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430069
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

055
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. Everything I have quoted from is that Bible.
Yet you remain stubborn.
Jesus never went to Heaven for another 40 days after His Resurrection.
Can you tell me from scripture where it says Jesus went to Heaven at the moment He died?
Did it take a resurrection to allow Him an ascension?
Is that not the way we are to follow?
What about Judgement Day? When we all have been judged already?
What for? And why a resurrection if we are already in Heaven?
You don't have a logical or biblical response, do you?
Your "me to" is totally wrong....Your previous words prove it. You do not see the Bible as being infallible...you can't do so and support our erroneous beliefs.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430070
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

058
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a rational being. I do not take anything as truth blindly.
Which version of the Bible (and there are many) do you hold to be infallible?
The best Bible version I know of is the KJV but I know for a fact that other vesions are different.
Some have been blatantly added to or altered to reinforce some false doctrine held by the "translator".
How is it that I may not be a Christian if I understand differently from you even though it is not in ignorance?
I have never known a Christian who views the Sacred Word of God as being wrong...fallible..that is not the views expressed by any one who follows the teaching of Jesus..
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430071
Mar 27, 2013
 
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God the Father, Jesus, God's only begotten Son and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus prayed to God and that would be senseless if they were one and the same.
Clay we know you are in the world's biggest cult so don't accuse me of anything you know nothing of.
The Bible is not yours. No "church" established it.
I am not dictating, I merely point out gross error with scriptutre and logic.
You ignore the reasoning entirely that Jesus was in the tomb until Sunday morning and NOT IN HEAVEN with the thief.
I SUSPECT YOU ARE UNABLE TO GRASP THAT SO STOP YOUR ARROGANCE NOW!
Once believers are 'in Jesus', they remain there forever, the Bible says the believers that die are asleep in Jesus.

On the Last Day, we get our new bodies and go to Heaven, those who have died and those alive at that time, at the same time we go to Heaven.

I love you too T.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430072
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oxbow wrote:
055
<quoted text>
Your "me to" is totally wrong....Your previous words prove it. You do not see the Bible as being infallible...you can't do so and support our erroneous beliefs.
Sorry... Me too.
Which version is infallible then?
You have not disproven the fact that Jesus was in His tomb on Good Friday, Sabbth and the first day of the week, not in Paradise with the thief.

Until you do so all the slings and arrows are worthless.

If you believe we live a conscious life before we are resurrected, you have fallen into gross error yourself.

Death is a sleep and there are many passages which positively state that.

Jesus followed the path we will all take: Life - death - sleep - resurrection. SIMPLE yet so hard for you to see that in all the Bible.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430073
Mar 27, 2013
 
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you reject his teachings in GoThomas, if what you say above is your mantra.
Are you calling Jesus a liar by utilizing "Paul" and the other five possible Apostles?
Please don't say I never told you otherwise, because then you would be calling me a liar and not being very honest with yourself.
~~~
I don't know why I bother to respond to your post...mostly attempting to be civil I guess.

Jesus gave gifts to the Church and apprehended Saul of Tarsus whom we know as the Apostle Paul was evidently one of them...and sent him forth. as and ambassador to represent the kingdom of God...

Whom He sends he equips..

Act 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

Act 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth
,
Act 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Act 9:14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way:

===>for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.<===

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Act 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Act 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

~~~~~~~~~~

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 ==> And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;<==

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

The Apostle Paul was one of THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY GIFTS

THAT GOD SENT TO THE GENTILES

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430074
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
SHALL indicates some time in the FUTURE.
The Kingdom of Heaven is our reward AFTER the resurrection.
John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
We have to be made immortal to never die. We put on immortality AFTER the resurrection.
This is what follows after a resurrection. After not before.
"The Kingdom of Heaven is our reward AFTER the resurrection."

Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

You are saying that Christ got it wrong...that He can't do that!!!!
I am not surprised!!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430075
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

http://www.preparingforeternity.com/dead.htm

Where Are The Dead?

If the fact then is that the body returns to the ground and the breath of life returns to God, then where are the dead?

When Peter in Acts 2:34 was speaking about David the patriarch, he answered the question. "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand." Acts 2:29, "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."

Peter made it perfectly clear that David was still in his tomb, not in heaven or hell as many believe.

David will come forth when the "dead in Christ rise first" at the second coming of Jesus. David is now resting in the grave until the resurrection.

What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.

Lazarus Is Dead

Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days.
When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven.
If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth?
He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute.
He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven.

But Lazarus did not speak of heaven.

Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him.

Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.

Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned.

"The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."

Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth." Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"

If you believe other than this which is plain scripture, you believe contrary to the Word of God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430076
Mar 27, 2013
 
062
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Even Jesus disagrees with you.
(44) Jesus says:
(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Why do you try to instill fear unto others with false teachings?
Did I not say that blasphemy is the one sin that cannot be forgiven???!!!! Any Christian knows that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit!!!!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430077
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Kingdom of Heaven is our reward AFTER the resurrection."
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
You are saying that Christ got it wrong...that He can't do that!!!!
I am not surprised!!!!
Have you not seen all my previous posts, Oxbow?

Jesus was in his tomb on Friday after sunset, Sabbath and not until Sunday morning early did He arise. He was on earth another 40 days: not in Heaven.

Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, thou shalt be with me in paradise.

I have explained this a number of times and yet you refuse to see that this is contrary to other scriptures so your understanding has to be questioned. It is quite biblical to prove one text against another but if you cling to your favourite belief, there is nothing which will convince you.

A man convinced against his will
Is of the same opinion still.

The Nature Of Man
We must first establish the facts about the nature of man. The first Bible text we need to look at is Job 4:17. "Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?" The word mortal means subject to death; the word immortal means not subject to death. The word immortal is used only once in the Bible, 1 Timothy 1:17. "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever, Amen." God is the only One who has immortality. 1 Timothy 6:l6 is even more clear. "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." Only God has this power of immortal existence. Man is described as being mortal, or subject to death.
Does The Soul Die?
Some people believe that the above texts refer to the body and that the soul is immortal, and that the soul itself cannot die. This next text will forever clear up this misunderstanding. "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4. This text says that the soul is subject to death. Nowhere in the Bible is the doctrine taught that the soul is immortal.
If the soul is subject to death, then where did this belief originate that the soul does not die? We can start at the beginning of the Bible and find out very soon who is responsible for this lie. You can read Genesis 3:1-4 which is the conversation between the Serpent and Eve and you will see in the fourth verse that Satan, the Serpent, told Eve the very first lie: "Ye shall not surely die." Right at the beginning of mankind, Satan originated this lie that the soul would not die and it has been carried down through the ages. If indeed the soul is mortal or subject to death, then what actually happens when a person dies?

http://www.preparingforeternity.com/dead.htm

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430078
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

072
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry... Me too.
Which version is infallible then?
You have not disproven the fact that Jesus was in His tomb on Good Friday, Sabbth and the first day of the week, not in Paradise with the thief.
Until you do so all the slings and arrows are worthless.
If you believe we live a conscious life before we are resurrected, you have fallen into gross error yourself.
Death is a sleep and there are many passages which positively state that.
Jesus followed the path we will all take: Life - death - sleep - resurrection. SIMPLE yet so hard for you to see that in all the Bible.
too
1. In addition; also: He's coming along too.
2. More than enough; excessively: She worries too much.
3. To a regrettable degree: My error was all too apparent.
4. Very; extremely; immensely: He's only too willing to be of service.
5. Informal Indeed; so: You will too do it!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430079
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

075
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.preparingforeternit y.com/dead.htm
Where Are The Dead?
If the fact then is that the body returns to the ground and the breath of life returns to God, then where are the dead?
When Peter in Acts 2:34 was speaking about David the patriarch, he answered the question. "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand." Acts 2:29, "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."
Peter made it perfectly clear that David was still in his tomb, not in heaven or hell as many believe.
David will come forth when the "dead in Christ rise first" at the second coming of Jesus. David is now resting in the grave until the resurrection.
What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.
Lazarus Is Dead
Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days.
When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven.
If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth?
He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute.
He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven.
But Lazarus did not speak of heaven.
Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him.
Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.
Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned.
"The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."
Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.
The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth." Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"
If you believe other than this which is plain scripture, you believe contrary to the Word of God.
heaven: the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430080
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

077
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you not seen all my previous posts, Oxbow?
Jesus was in his tomb on Friday after sunset, Sabbath and not until Sunday morning early did He arise. He was on earth another 40 days: not in Heaven.
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, thou shalt be with me in paradise.
I have explained this a number of times and yet you refuse to see that this is contrary to other scriptures so your understanding has to be questioned. It is quite biblical to prove one text against another but if you cling to your favourite belief, there is nothing which will convince you.
A man convinced against his will
Is of the same opinion still.
The Nature Of Man
We must first establish the facts about the nature of man. The first Bible text we need to look at is Job 4:17. "Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?" The word mortal means subject to death; the word immortal means not subject to death. The word immortal is used only once in the Bible, 1 Timothy 1:17. "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever, Amen." God is the only One who has immortality. 1 Timothy 6:l6 is even more clear. "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." Only God has this power of immortal existence. Man is described as being mortal, or subject to death.
Does The Soul Die?
Some people believe that the above texts refer to the body and that the soul is immortal, and that the soul itself cannot die. This next text will forever clear up this misunderstanding. "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4. This text says that the soul is subject to death. Nowhere in the Bible is the doctrine taught that the soul is immortal.
If the soul is subject to death, then where did this belief originate that the soul does not die? We can start at the beginning of the Bible and find out very soon who is responsible for this lie. You can read Genesis 3:1-4 which is the conversation between the Serpent and Eve and you will see in the fourth verse that Satan, the Serpent, told Eve the very first lie: "Ye shall not surely die." Right at the beginning of mankind, Satan originated this lie that the soul would not die and it has been carried down through the ages. If indeed the soul is mortal or subject to death, then what actually happens when a person dies?
http://www.preparingforeternity.com/dead.htm
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

You are changing Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....I have not seen any versions of the Bible that shows the error you are saying is in the Bible...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 414,641 - 414,660 of512,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

665 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 3 min Jolly 23,831
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 250,418
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min -USA-1 109,737
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,614
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Liam 38,027
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 217,145
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Scrooge 680,623
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr Haydos 272
•••
•••
•••