Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667859 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#430389 Mar 29, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I quoted SCRIPTURE.
I quoted Jesus Christ, himself.
So.
By Catholic standards, Christ's very teachings are not *Christian*.
By Catholic standards, Christ's very WORDS are not *Christian*.
The Catholic Church has TRIED to PREVAIL AGAINST the Scriptures and has failed - OVER AND OVER AGAIN - even as they say they are the "keepers" of God's Word.
The Church has failed because the WORD OF GOD is SHARPER than ANY TWO EDGED SWORD that the church, or anyone else, can wield.
and:
"Call No Man Father," by Catholic Standards, means they can go against the very words of Jesus Christ himself.
and that is just for starters.
"I quoted scripture, I quoted Christ Himself!"

What does that mean when you twist, turn, and tweek everything else Our Lord said?

He held up the bread and said, "THIS IS MY BODY"

You deny it and say He meant a symbol.

He looked at Simon and said (to Simon) "You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church"

You say He didn't mean what the everyone thought He meant.

"The gates of Hell will not prevail against my Church"
You either re-defined what 'Church' meant or say the Catholic Church was legit until the Bible was established 400 yrs after He said that, then it slowly fell away from Christ as it was infiltrated by Constantine... Basically, you say Christ really didn't mean the gates of Hell wouldn't prevail against *that* Church.
Adam

Germany

#430390 Mar 29, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430391 Mar 29, 2013
who="jethro8"being a colorectal cancer patient I've done much reading on the subject and you can not get cancer from having sex,other diseases yes but not cancer,but today people are practicing safe sex more and more decreasing the risk,heterosexual sex carries the same risks,abort a child,an unwanted child, is a child raised in a loveless home, more probable to turn to other means of attention, some good, and some not so good in most cases,if the church is against abortion why are they not setting up places where these unwanted children can be raised in a loving environment like they did for the children born by priest/nun relations? the world is becoming over populated,like in china where family size is restricted,it will eventually become a global law. and how do you know that being gay is not gods way of controlling the population(birth control)? gay couples do have one benefit, more kids being adopted,what's so bad about that?

There are 115,000 hits on the effects of homosexuality on oral/anal cancers on google.

An unwanted child is not invaluable. I know people who 'want' children, and would take those children.(I raised two of them myself...and they are VERY wanted!)

China has had a one child policy for years, and it is not for the purpose of keeping the world from being over-populated. It is a control measure.

Being q----(I refuse to call them 'gay') is not God's plan for ANYTHING. It is against His 'program'.

KayMarie

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#430392 Mar 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AND from the sacred treasures of the heart that is yielded to Christ. I thank your for sharing that.I do not get too much time to get on here.TOOK a few minutes today,have to run though. A lot is happening these days,but we are told by the Lord to look up,"BECAUSE our redemption draws nigh."
You suffered greatly a while back,I hope you are better,and even more clearly seeing your relationship with God to be ever so precious to you.
No matter what we are,we have time on this earth to access our relationship with the UNKNOWN,as none of us have seen God.But He wants to bring us deeply to Himself,with His purpose,as this life is fleeting,temporal,and starting to get really technical with the economy and politics all in a dither.
You always post with good refection brother,hope this weekend will be a blessed time for you and Seraphima,also your loved ones.
Got to run,take care! Pad(DAN)
When I read your posts to others, I always feel more hopeful that mankind can one say lift himself out of competitiveness, pride, and meanness, and allow Christ to transform us into loving brothers. I am so, so grateful to God that I am alive and also I am at home with Sera and the family. I know that He will never abandon me. May you and your family have a Blessed Easter. Thank you for your concern and kindness, brother,.

Location hidden

#430393 Mar 29, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi sweetie, I don't get any good days at all any more, but heck, I'm not the only one. I sleep a lot. A nurse came to see me today, and I'll have her or some other nurse twice a week. I have a home health aide but I also need nursing care to monitor my sugar, blood pressure, etc.
I hope you're comfortable; I pray for you a lot (I may be a doubter, but I'm not an atheist, far from it). I sleep during the day a lot which is why I'm on here often during the wee hours. My husband has improved which makes me very happy! God be with you; you are very special to me!
I will pray for you, Sherlayne.
I am going through a similar experience. Wheter you believe or doubt, you are not alone.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430394 Mar 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Php 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better.
Would someone care to share with us the message that both of these verses teach???
Instead of extracting the single verses, try reading them together with the context of the chapter, and you will surely understand the meaning.

Well maybe not, if you have to ask.....*shrugs*.....

Go ahead - try it.....I have 'faith' in you.

Location hidden

#430395 Mar 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"You should know by now that great storms of passion are allowed to assail us whenever we have been indulging pride, self-adulation, high opinions of our own intellectual powers; or when we have pandered to the vicious pleasure of humbling others, intentionally. The medicine is simple: humility, a sincere humbling of self. This alone can bring relief: through meekness––harbinger of peace. Elder Marcaius
Wonderful word. We need to see it practiced on this board.
KM
God Bless you and your husband/my friend.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430396 Mar 29, 2013
<quoted text>
There are 115,000 hits on the effects of homosexuality on oral/anal cancers on google.

KayMarie
and you couldn't take a few seconds to copy and paste a link that supports your claim.

Hmmmmm.....you are starting to sound like your husband - can make claims, but when its time to support them, you can't.

Self.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430397 Mar 29, 2013
who="jethro8"being a colorectal cancer patient I've done much reading on the subject and you can not get cancer from having sex,other diseases yes but not cancer,but today people are practicing safe sex more and more decreasing the risk,heterosexual sex carries the same risks,abort a child,an unwanted child, is a child raised in a loveless home, more probable to turn to other means of attention, some good, and some not so good in most cases,if the church is against abortion why are they not setting up places where these unwanted children can be raised in a loving environment like they did for the children born by priest/nun relations? the world is becoming over populated,like in china where family size is restricted,it will eventually become a global law. and how do you know that being gay is not gods way of controlling the population(birth control)? gay couples do have one benefit, more kids being adopted,what's so bad about that?
An unwanted child is not invaluable. I know people who 'want' children, and would take those children.(I raised two of them myself...and they are VERY wanted!)
China has had a one child policy for years, and it is not for the purpose of keeping the world from being over-populated. It is a control measure.
Being q----(I refuse to call them 'gay') is not God's plan for ANYTHING. It is against His 'program'.
KayMarie
Ecclesiastes 3

King James Version (KJV)

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Romans 8:28.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ecclesiastes 11:5

As you know not what is the way of the wind, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so you know not the works of God who makes all.

Ecclesiastes 1:13 I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind!
----------
Ecclesiastes 3:10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race.
----------
Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
----------
Ecclesiastes 8:17 then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all their efforts to search it out, no one can discover its meaning. Even if the wise claim they know, they cannot really comprehend it.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430398 Mar 29, 2013
KayMarie
going to look myself right now i'll get back to you.i know the law in china is a control measure,and it will spread around the world eventually,that means an increase in contraception and abortion,and also the shooting of unwanted children, which is happening today in a few south american countries.going to check outv this cancer site you mentioned,you got my interest.

usa

#430399 Mar 29, 2013
who="jethro8"quote "God is there,but He will not reveal the magnitude of His PERSON,especially because we cannot handle it.unquote i could handle meeting him face to face,what is there to fear from a peaceful loving person/thing? everything I've learned in life was through people and watching them,and through trial an error on my part just like we learn everything in life,god will do what he sees fit,why would god give a two year old child a deadly disease that guarantees this poor thing will suffer in pain an agony and die with in a year? where is he now? the world his going down the tubes faster and faster each day,yet i see no god/Jesus/holy ghost interceding on mans behalf.is he just going to sit back and watch us destroy each other senselessly? from what i'm seeing that's exactly what he is doing if he truly exists.if god is connecting the dots in my life he missed a few,right now my life totally S&$KS. i blame no one but myself,we decide our own fate no one else does.
God does not give children (or anyone) deadly diseases. He gave us instructions for living that generally protect us...but we want to do our own thing. Countless additives to our food cause cancer...God didn't do that to us.
Stop your worrying. Read your newspaper every day and you will see that things are happening just like HE said they would. He is not working for a 'quick fix', He is working to preserve and immortalize mankind. Sometimes we are like a child that wants to hurry things that cannot be hurried.
There is a devil, and destruction comes from him...not God.
KM
what happens in our lives is gods will is it not?

usa

#430400 Mar 29, 2013
KayMarie
Anal cancer in gay men is as common as cervical cancer was in women before the use of the Pap smear, the test used to screen for precancerous spots on the cervix. Both types of cancer are caused by the human papilloma virus, or HPV, which also causes genital warts. The researchers involved in this new study say that Pap smears, which have saved the lives of many women, should also be used to look for anal cancer in gay and bisexual men.

Study author Sue Goldie, MD, MPH, tells WebMD that screening for anal cancer in gay men would provide the same, if not greater, life-saving benefits as cervical cancer screening in women. Goldie is assistant professor of health policy and decision sciences, Harvard School of Public Health...JETHRO,your right on this part,i did not think about the papilloma virus,,,,“It’s gotten to the point now where 60 to 70 percent of all tonsil cancers in the U.S. are HPV-related” Although the link between HPV and these types of cancers is indisputable, the association with oral sex is strong but a little more speculative, experts say.
A 2007 study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that younger people with head and neck cancers who tested positive for oral HPV infection were more likely to have had multiple vaginal and oral sex partners in their lifetime.
In the study, having six or more oral sex partners over a lifetime was associated with a 3.4 times higher risk for oropharyngeal cancer – cancers of the base of the tongue, back of the throat or tonsils. Having 26 or more vaginal-sex partners tripled the risk. And the association increased as the number of partners – in either category – increased.
The researchers also reported that cancers of the tonsil and base of the tongue have been increasing every year since 1973, and wrote that “widespread oral sex practices among adolescents may be a contributing factor in this increase.” The researchers concluded that in their study, oral sex was “strongly associated” with oropharyngeal cancer, but noted that they could not “rule out transmission through direct mouth-to-mouth contact” such as French kissing.
JETHRO:it's possible but not restricted to just gay people,we all have to watch out.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430401 Mar 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
and you couldn't take a few seconds to copy and paste a link that supports your claim.
Hmmmmm.....you are starting to sound like your husband - can make claims, but when its time to support them, you can't.
Self.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
~~~

YOU FOLLOW ....BEAR WITH ANOTHER STRANGE JESUS AND ANOTHER GOSPEL....

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

You have made it very clear... that you are not a Christian...and yet

YOU attempt to quote Jesus AND THE SCRIPTURE...

You are a carnally minded INDIVIDUAL

attempting to explain spiritual things..

POSTING ABOUT something that you know nothing about...

JESUS SAID YE SHALL BE WITNESSES....

YOU AINT BEEN THERE

DONE THAT

NOR PARTICIPATED

IN THE SALVATION

THAT GOD HAS OFFERED.. YOU ARE NOT A CREDIBLE WITNESS...

___

YOU CANT GIVE AWAY THAT WHICH YOU DO NOT POSSES...YOU ONLY SPEAK FROM

THE HOLLOW EMPTINESS OF YOUR SOUL AND REPRESENT THE ONE THAT POSSESSES

YOU.

___

That God destroyed the cities of the Sodom, and Gomorrah and..because of their homosexual lifestyles...is enough proof from the Bible that He wont tolerate it.

YOUR OPINION DOES NOT CHANGE GOD'S WORD... NOR DOES IT NEGATE THE
WAGES OF SIN...THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH...

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

2Pe 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

2Pe 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

usa

#430402 Mar 29, 2013
good night people feeling sleepy,have a good night see you in the morning,be safe.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430403 Mar 29, 2013
who="hojo"
Child abuse in the Protestant Churches,(equals or exceeds)that of the Catholic Church and so your "narrow minded" (exaggerated)attacks against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, have no basis of credible comparison. You "fundies" have been given those "protestant child abuse websites over and over again, and so this is just more of your anti-catholic hostile and vengefilled "beating of a dead horse". The sexual CONDUCT of a small % of priests that have "gone against their priestly vows", and who have usurped the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church (that it is sinfully wrong to abuse children)---HAS ON BEARING --as the fact that the Catholic Church has, is and will always teach the TRUTH that it sin is an "abomination" in the eyes of God. I/We, as Catholics, follow, believe, worship and adhere to the fact that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. EVERY ONE of you "bible only"authors were sinners,--Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners.---So if you are going to judge people in the Church BY CONDUCT, then you had better "throw out your bible" because Moses, David and Paul --WERE ALL SINNERS! This only shows how "confused, hypocritical, bigoted and (messed up) you "bible only fundies" are in your distorted and confused thinking!!

While Moses failed (struck the rock) and Paul was 'chiefest of sinners', I doubt that either of them were molesting little boys. And neither of them habitually practiced 'sinning'. Paul ceased persecuting the church, and Moses was PUNISHED BY GOD for his sin.

I know a multitude of people who might lose their temper, or get impatient, etc., but they would NEVER molest a child. There are some Protestants who have been found guilty of such, but never on such a scale that it cost millions of dollars to settle the matter.
Quit your "no worse than them" pitch.
When will you understand (if you ever will) that "every one" of your comments are just (typical Protestant -bible only responses!~
Nothing but "personal opinion,("what I think"), and editorialized criticism, that "anyone" could find, this kind of "garbage and trash" on the back pages of any newspaper. Celibacy in the Catholic Church has "absolutely no relevance" to child molesting! Your "ignorance" on this issue only shows "how desperate" you have become in the spreading of your anti-catholic lies, heresy and hypocricy.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430404 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christs One True (Universal)
Church which has is and will always be the Catholic Church is the "final authority". If the bible is the final authority of TRUTH than which one of your 42,000 different interpretations of the bible is the (final authority of TRUTH). God is NOT the author of your "bible only" contradicting and conflicting Protestant confusion and chaos!!!
So here we have it in your own words......The RCC is the final authority.
So you would trust your eternal life to an instution which has led in the inquisition and the sex cover up and the buying and selling of indulgances and has chosen to be the leader of the RCC some of the most evil and vile men in history? You would place you faith in this institution ans the "final authority" above the infallible, inerrent word of the Living God? God help you.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430405 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you, jethro8, but Jesus Christ IS THE CHURCH--the One True UNIVERSAL (Catholic) Church,,,,,,

No, HOHO, Jesus Christ is not 'the church', Sometimes your ignorance just bursts forth for all to see. What and ignorant statement.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430406 Mar 29, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Gen 17:19... And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
Doesn't God's "everlasting covenant" mean the OT Laws are still binding?
Or does God lie?
You demonstrate great wisdom to understand that the OT laws are STILL BINDING. All except the blood ordinances which Christ replaced with Himself whicg is why we no longer offer blood sacrifices. Also certain certain ceremonial laws are no longer in effect etc but the rest of the OT laws are still in effect.

I don't understand why most Christians don't comprehend this fact.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#430407 Mar 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AND from the sacred treasures of the heart that is yielded to Christ. I thank your for sharing that.I do not get too much time to get on here.TOOK a few minutes today,have to run though. A lot is happening these days,but we are told by the Lord to look up,"BECAUSE our redemption draws nigh."
You suffered greatly a while back,I hope you are better,and even more clearly seeing your relationship with God to be ever so precious to you.
No matter what we are,we have time on this earth to access our relationship with the UNKNOWN,as none of us have seen God.But He wants to bring us deeply to Himself,with His purpose,as this life is fleeting,temporal,and starting to get really technical with the economy and politics all in a dither.
You always post with good refection brother,hope this weekend will be a blessed time for you and Seraphima,also your loved ones.
Got to run,take care! Pad(DAN)
Thank you for your kind words. God Bless you!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430408 Mar 29, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
The wickedest cult ever is undoubtedly the RCC. Popes have been corrupt, murderous and obhorrently evil throughout its history. At one time the papacy was known as the pornocracy.
Evil men historically.
Revelation clearly portrays a global (universal) power which rules over the kings of this earth.
No other power than the RCC can claim this. The dark ages 538ad to 1798ad were clearly the spawn of this evil system.
The Jesuits, seen to be lamb-like are a bunch of maniacs determined to wipe out all Protestants whenever and by whatever means they can.
It is clearly the power which has no other like it and which sits in Rome which Revelation depicts.
Only a stubborn Roman Catholic would deny this.
I should say, a stubborn ignorant and stupid Roman Catholic who loves tradition above the Bible and who believes popes have the power to change God's law would deny this.
LOL,LOL. Why don't you tell us how you really feel,lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Rider on the Storm 92,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Rider on the Storm 183,626
Everyone is a fool 18 min Jake999 2
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 27 min Rider on the Storm 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Rider on the Storm 979,409
Anyone else think 9/11 was cool! (Feb '13) 36 min aaron wilms 14
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Jake999 1,099
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 286,044
More from around the web