Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,728)

Showing posts 414,541 - 414,560 of532,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

FROM POPE FRANCIS ---- ON HOLY WEEK----

“ On the Cross, Jesus "loved me and gave Himself for me" (Gal 2:20). Each of us can say, "He loved me and gave Himself for me." Everyone can say that "for me"!

“I am pleased to welcome you to my first general audience. With deep gratitude and veneration I am taking up the "witness" from the hands of my beloved predecessor, Benedict XVI. After Easter we will resume the catechesis on the Year of Faith. Today I would like to focus a little on Holy Week. With Palm Sunday we began this week - the center of the whole liturgical year - in which we accompany Jesus in His Passion, Death and Resurrection.

But what does it mean for us to live Holy Week? What does it means to follow Jesus on His way to the Cross on Calvary and the Resurrection? In His earthly mission, Jesus walked the streets of the Holy Land; He called twelve simple people to remain with Him, to share His journey and continue His mission; He chose them among the people full of faith in the promises of God. He spoke to everyone, without distinction, to the great and the lowly; to the rich young man and the poor widow, the powerful and the weak; He brought the mercy and forgiveness of God to all; He healed, comforted, understood, gave hope, He led all to the presence of God, who is interested in every man and woman, like a good father and a good mother is interested in each child.
God did not wait for us to go to Him, but He moved towards us, without calculation, without measures. This is how God is: He is always the first, He moves towards us. Jesus lived the daily realities of most ordinary people: He was moved by the crowd that seemed like a flock without a shepherd, and He cried in front of the suffering of Martha and Mary on the death of their brother Lazarus; He called a tax collector to be His disciple and also suffered the betrayal of a friend. In Christ, God has given us the assurance that He is with us, in our midst. "Foxes", Jesus said, "have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest His head" (Mt 8:20). Jesus did not have a home because His house is the people -- that is, us; His mission is to open all God’s doors, to be the loving presence of God.

In Holy Week we live the highest point of this journey, this loving plan that runs throughout the entire history of the relationship between God and humanity. Jesus enters Jerusalem to take the final step, in which His whole existence is summarized: He gives Himself totally, He keeps nothing for Himself, not even His life. At the Last Supper, with His friends, He shares the bread and distributes the chalice "for us." The Son of God is offered to us, He consigns His Body and his Blood into our hands to be with us always, to dwell among us. And on the Mount of Olives, as in the trial before Pilate, He puts up no resistance, He gifts Himself: He is the Suffering Servant foretold by Isaiah, who stripped himself unto death (cf. Is 53:12).
Jesus does not live this love that leads to sacrifice passively or as a fatal destiny; certainly He does not hide His deep human commotion in the face of a violent death, but He entrusts Himself with full confidence to the Father. Jesus voluntarily consigned Himself to death to respond to the love of God the Father, in perfect union with His will, to demonstrate His love for us. On the Cross, Jesus "loved me and gave Himself for me" (Gal 2:20). Each of us can say, "He loved me and gave Himself for me." Everyone can say that "for me"!

Continue....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Page 2 continued... Pope Francis

What does this mean for us? It means that this is my, your, our path. Living Holy Week following Jesus not only with the emotions of the heart; living Holy Week following Jesus means learning how to go beyond ourselves - as I said on Sunday - to reach out to others, to go to the outskirts of existence, to be the first to move towards our brothers and sisters, especially those who are most distant, those who are forgotten, those who are most in need of understanding, consolation and help. There is so much need to bring the living presence of Jesus, merciful and full of love!

Living Holy Week means increasingly entering into God's logic, the logic of the Cross, which is not first of all that of pain and death, but of love and of self-giving that brings life. It means entering into the logic of the Gospel. Following, accompanying Christ, remaining with Him requires a "stepping outside," a stepping beyond. Stepping outside of ourselves, of a tired and routine way of living the faith, of the temptation to withdraw into pre-established patterns that end up closing our horizon to the creative action of God. God stepped outside of Himself to come among us, He pitched His tent among us to bring the mercy of God that saves and gives hope. Even if we want to follow Him and stay with Him, we must not be content to remain in the enclosure of the ninety-nine sheep, we have to "step outside", to search for the lost sheep together with Him, the one furthest away. Remember well: stepping outside of ourselves, like Jesus, like God has stepped outside of Himself in Jesus and Jesus stepped outside of Himself for all of us.

Some might say to me, "But, Father, I have no time", "I have so many things to do", "it is difficult", "what can I do with my little strength?", with my sin, with so many things? Often we settle for a few prayers, a distracted and inconsistent presence at Sunday Mass, a random act of charity, but we lack this courage to "step outside" to bring Christ. We are a bit like St. Peter. As soon as Jesus speaks of the Passion, Death and Resurrection, of self-giving, of love for all, the Apostle takes him aside and rebukes him. What Jesus says upsets his plans, seems unacceptable, undermines the sense of security tthe Messiah. And Jesus looks at the disciples and addresses Peter with
perhaps one of the strongest words of the Gospel: "Get behind me, Satan. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do"(Mk 8:33).

God always thinks with mercy: do not forget this. God always thinks with mercy: our merciful Father. God thinks like a father who awaits the return of his child and goes to meet him, sees him coming when he is still far away ... What does this mean? That each and every day he went out to see if his son was coming home. This is our merciful Father. It is the sign that he was waiting for him from the terrace of his house; God thinks like the Samaritan that does not approach the victim to commiserate with him, or look the other way, but to rescue him without asking for anything in return, without asking if he was Jew, if he was pagan, a Samaritan, rich or poor: he does not ask anything – he does not ask these things, he asks for nothing. He goes to his aid: This is how God thinks. God thinks like the shepherd who gives his life to defend and save his sheep.
Always step outside yourself! And with the love and tenderness of God, with respect and patience, knowing that we put our hands, our feet, our hearts, but then it is God who guides them and makes all our actions fruitful.

May you all live these days well, following the Lord with courage, and carrying within ourselves a ray of His love for all those whom we meet.”
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
heaven: the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.
I have not found that in any of my Bibles.

Chapter and verse please?

It sounds like it is from a source which is not in alignment with the Bible.

Do these "spirits of the righteous" look like people?
Can they see us here on Earth?
Are they immortal?
Have they been through a Judgement Day?

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing...(Ecclesiastes 9:5)

The dead are at total rest.

They know and are aware of absolutely nothing!

They do not even know they are dead.

They are not in heaven with God or burning in hellfire or in purgatory.

There are not spirits or ghosts of dead humans running around the earth spooking people.

That fact should ruin many a bad movie and book plots for you, but it is a fact!

The person who recently put his soul up for auction on the Internet should be charged with fraud if he accepted any bid because he is selling something he does not have!

I'm sure he knew this to be true.

The only spirits and ghosts around are God and the angels.

God has existed from the beginning, and He created the angels.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaningless. I can start a church tomorrow and presto a new denomination!
Our relationship with God is between You and Jesus alone.
Nonsense. It would not be a valid church.

Jesus told Peter build MY Church!!
Jesus wanted only ONE CHURCH.
The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.

Your 20th century church can NOT make up NEW rules!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.preparingforeternit y.com/dead.htm
Where Are The Dead?
If the fact then is that the body returns to the ground and the breath of life returns to God, then where are the dead?
When Peter in Acts 2:34 was speaking about David the patriarch, he answered the question. "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand." Acts 2:29, "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."
Peter made it perfectly clear that David was still in his tomb, not in heaven or hell as many believe.
David will come forth when the "dead in Christ rise first" at the second coming of Jesus. David is now resting in the grave until the resurrection.
What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.
Lazarus Is Dead
Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days.
When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven.
If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth?
He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute.
He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven.
But Lazarus did not speak of heaven.
Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him.
Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.
Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned.
"The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."
Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.
The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth." Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"
If you believe other than this which is plain scripture, you believe contrary to the Word of God.
See my response
xxxxxxx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
You don't even know who founded your church!
---
HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST..
.YOU REALLY SHOULD MAKE A POINT TO MEET HIM..PERSONALLY...
IF YOU DON'T MEET HIM PERSONALLY HERE ON EARTH...YOU WILL MEET HIM ON JUDGMENT DAY.
YOU WILL ACTUALLY MEET HIM...AS YOUR ADVOCATE/ATTORNEY..
THERE WILL BE NO POPES CARDINALS SAINTS, MARY, NOR ANY ONE ELSE
TO STAND
AS A PROXY WITNESS FOR YOU. HE WILL BE YOUR ONLY MEDIATOR
ON THAT DAY...YOU WILL TESTIFY FOR, OR AGAINST YOURSELF..
THAT WHICH YOUR OWN BRAIN HAS RECORDED WILL BE REGURGITATED FORTH AS
WITNESS.... EITHER FOR YOU OR AGAINST YOU....YOUR BODY SOUL AND SPIRIT
WILL GIVE AND ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACTIONS...OBEDIENCE OR DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD.
WHAT WILL HE SAY THEN, IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOUR ACCEPTING OR REJECTING
HIM NOW...WHILE YOU ARE HERE ON EARTH...
NOW YOU THINK YOU ARE SHIELDED BY YOUR PROXY'S... THAT STAND BETWEEN YOU AND CHRIST...
BUT THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED AT THE... WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT... OF GOD.
YOU WILL FIND OUT ..THAT, NO SUCH THING AS PURGATORY EXIST..
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
NO, JESUS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH your church!!!
YOUR WOMEN MADE 20th century church WAS FOUNDED BY sinful AIMEE. PERIOD!

The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.

You too will meet him on judgment day, and you will have to answer to HIM on... why you demean HIS Church.[BTW - I will be care free and happy when I meet my Lord]

FYI….
JESUS IS IN OUR CHURCH, WE RECEIVE HIM DAILY IN HOLY COMMUNION AS HE ORDERED.

Amiee CHANGED THE RULES THAT JESUS TAUGHT. JESUS started only ONE Church. not 42,000.

YOU’RE IN A FAKE CHURCH!! Again.....
The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but ONE spouse, and HIS spouse is the Catholic Church!!!

In your church you are either damned or saved. In our Church we have more hope of seeing Jesus.

Regarding Purgatory...

NOTHING UNCLEAN SHALL ENTER
The purification is necessary because, as Scripture teaches,

NOTHING UNCLEAN WILL ENTER
the presence of God in heaven

(Rev. 21:27) and, while we may die with our mortal sins forgiven, there can still be many impurities in us, sins and the temporal punishment due to sins already forgiven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
[see Bible verses here]
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
You are changing Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....I have not seen any versions of the Bible that shows the error you are saying is in the Bible...
We are taught in Timothy that we should compare scripture with scripture, text with text to prove a doctrine.

As I said, the comma is in the wrong place.

You believe the punctuation is inspired?

If the above text is correct and Jesus DID meet the thief in Heaven when He died, it puts a lot of texts in jeopardy.

Death is a sleep and there are dozens of texts which state that.

How come King David did not go to heaven when he died then?

Death is sleep.

David spoke of “the sleep of death”(Psalms 13:3).

All throughout the Old Testament, when kings died, they “slept with their fathers”(1 Kings 2:10).

The same is true in the New Testament. When Lazarus died, Jesus Christ said,“Our friend Lazarus is sleeping… Jesus spoke of his death”(John 11:11 -13).

After Stephen was martyred,“he fell asleep”(Acts 7:60).

Dead Christians “sleep in Jesus”(1 Thessalonians 4:14).

Daniel wrote that at the end of time,“many who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt”(Daniel 12:2).

Thus the dead are sleeping in the dust of the earth. Someday, they will wake up.

Finally, the Christians’ hope is the return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection. When our Lord returns,“the dead in Christ shall rise… so shall we ever be with the Lord”(1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).

Look closely. Paul said Christians will “be with the Lord” when He returns.

Jesus taught the same thing when He promised His disciples,“I will come again, and receive you to Myself”(John 14:3). Again, look closely.

Jesus did not say,“I’ll meet you in Heaven when you die,” but that He would receive us when He returns.

Ultimately, Bible truth about death is comforting. Our beloved dead are sleeping quietly, awaiting the resurrection when Jesus returns. Truth also protects us from being deceived by heartless, tricky demons who can easily impersonate the dead.

I’ll conclude with the words of Jesus Christ Himself:
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28, 29, NKJV).

http://www.thetruthaboutdeath.org/
http://www.thetruthabouthell.org/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

my response
xxxxxxx

I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO CONTRADICT YOUR POST...with all the discussion about Saints being in Heaven etc...there are two examples that give us light on the subject..

First was Jesus...At the time of his death his last words were...

Luk_23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said,

==>Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

~~~

A second example was Stephen...at the time of his death....

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and

==>saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

In both instances they commended their spirits ...

Jesus first to the Heavenly Father...Then Stephen to Jesus...

The body is made of dirt and it returns to the earth...

The spirit (Gr(Pneuma. which is the breath of God (Gr( returns to God.

In the catching away..(called the rapture,by some.) The spirit and a

new body (made like unto the body of Christ) will be reunited...

The Bible says

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

IT IS THEN WE WILL BE THE FULFILLMENT OF THE PROPHECY...

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Php_3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

on the end all angels saints and demon will fall..
why someone who represent themself as god is man not god..they will do miracle like never before yes they liked be deceivers as they are..

i told you Jesus Christ say..its not me..many many many will come in my name..its not me..no.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
You are changing Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....I have not seen any versions of the Bible that shows the error you are saying is in the Bible...
So, all your Bibles are infallible.
No mistakes at all. REALLY?

How about this...
Death is sleep.
David spoke of “the sleep of death”(Psalms 13:3).
All throughout the Old Testament, when kings died, they “slept with their fathers”(1 Kings 2:10).

The same is true in the New Testament.

When Lazarus died, Jesus Christ said,“Our friend Lazarus is sleeping… Jesus spoke of his death”(John 11:11 -13).

After Stephen was martyred,“he fell asleep”(Acts 7:60).
Dead Christians “sleep in Jesus”(1 Thessalonians 4:14).

Daniel wrote that at the end of time,“many who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt”(Daniel 12:2).

Thus the dead are sleeping in the dust of the earth. Someday, they will wake up.

Finally, the Christians’ hope is the return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection.

When our Lord returns,“the dead in Christ shall rise… so shall we ever be with the Lord”(1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).

Look closely. Paul said Christians will “be with the Lord” when He returns.

You beliefs are contrary to this scripture. You believe the dead are already in Heaven. Jesus hasn't returned yet!
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God the Father, Jesus, God's only begotten Son and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus prayed to God and that would be senseless if they were one and the same.
Clay we know you are in the world's biggest cult so don't accuse me of anything you know nothing of.
The Bible is not yours. No "church" established it.
I am not dictating, I merely point out gross error with scriptutre and logic.
You ignore the reasoning entirely that Jesus was in the tomb until Sunday morning and NOT IN HEAVEN with the thief.
I SUSPECT YOU ARE UNABLE TO GRASP THAT SO STOP YOUR ARROGANCE NOW!
The Bible belongs to the Catholic Church and you know it.
It did not pop out of the sky and handed out for all to determine their own Christianity.
Now quit being so stupid. Those verses you attempt to teach on were already explained once.

Jesus Christ did not start a Book, He started a Church. If you claim Christ instituted the Books of the Bible to be His authority on His Ministry, could you provide a verse stating such an absurdity??

The Holy Scriptures were collected by the Church and added to the Hebrew Books in the 4th century by the Catholic Church at Rome.

Tiger, this is irrefutable undeniable historic fact.
This nonsense you preach is about 150 yrs old and ever evolving. THAT is what a cult does...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

The Week That Changed The World

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

Happy Resurrection Day !!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow, don't you think all of us (or all religions)twist scripture to say what we want it to say?

Also, if you can answer this, let me know. I have been very sick, and hospitalized twice within a couple of weeks (due to dangerously low sugar - usually it's sky high) and fell into unconsciousness, my husband found me on the floor and called 911) I was totally out of it, don't remember a thing, it was just a deep, dreamless sleep - nothing to be afraid of - couldn't death be just like that? Nothingness? If so, it's nothing to fear.

Love and the best of luck to you and yours.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
my response
xxxxxxx
I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO CONTRADICT YOUR POST...with all the discussion about Saints being in Heaven etc...there are two examples that give us light on the subject..
First was Jesus...At the time of his death his last words were...
Luk_23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said,
==>Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
~~~
A second example was Stephen...at the time of his death....
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
In both instances they commended their spirits ...
Jesus first to the Heavenly Father...Then Stephen to Jesus...
The body is made of dirt and it returns to the earth...
The spirit (Gr(Pneuma. which is the breath of God (Gr( returns to God.
In the catching away..(called the rapture, by some.) The spirit and a new body (made like unto the body of Christ) will be reunited...
The Bible says
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
IT IS THEN WE WILL BE THE FULFILLMENT OF THE PROPHECY...
1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Php_3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
The spirit of a man... The spirit (Gr(Pneuma. which is the breath of God (Gr( returns to God.
See Genesis: Body + Spirit = Soul.
Job 27:3 ...as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils,
Spirit is breath. It does not go to Heaven as you know it. It goes to the atmosphere which is the first Heaven.
1 Jn 3:2 We shall be like him WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR. At the Resurrection not when we die.

All these verses point to a resurrection.

Nothing here proves an instant passage to Heaven for anything but our breath.
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:

Even if the comma is placed correct Jesus is simply telling the new convert he is saved as of Today, not that they will be going to Heaven. Jesus did not go to Heaven, then why would he lie to the new convert. He didnt.

The dead sleep until the Second Coming, just as Lazarus did. Jesus said plainly "Lazarus sleeps". When Jesus called Lazarus He did not call Lazarus down from Heaven. He said "COME FORTH!" Not: "come down."
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It did not pop out of the sky and handed out for all to determine their own Christianity.
Now quit being so stupid. Those verses you attempt to teach on were already explained once.
Jesus Christ did not start a Book, He started a Church. If you claim Christ instituted the Books of the Bible to be His authority on His Ministry, could you provide a verse stating such an absurdity??
The Holy Scriptures were collected by the Church and added to the Hebrew Books in the 4th century by the Catholic Church at Rome.
This nonsense you preach is about 150 yrs old and ever evolving. THAT is what a cult does...
Clay, do not have the arrogance to tell us our Bible came from the RCC. The "nonsense" I "preach is straight from the Bible you claim is yours. It is as ancient as the Gospels. Just your church changed the doctrine of it into a false one.

Only by denying all the texts I have given have you a hope of convincing anyone but a dogmatic ignoramus that we go to Heaven when we die.

Death is a sleep. Your Bible tells us so.

Ultimately, Bible truth about death is comforting. Our beloved dead are sleeping quietly, awaiting the resurrection when Jesus returns. Truth also protects us from being deceived by heartless, tricky demons who can easily impersonate the dead.

Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28, 29, NKJV).

Nothing here which says our spirits are already there!

Note the TWO resurrections. Judgement day decides which resurrection you will take part in.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. It would not be a valid church.
Jesus told Peter build MY Church!!
Jesus wanted only ONE CHURCH.
Your 20th century church can NOT make up NEW rules!
And pass the key to a pope out of nowhere...
Hmm..can you support it?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow, don't you think all of us (or all religions)twist scripture to say what we want it to say?
Also, if you can answer this, let me know. I have been very sick, and hospitalized twice within a couple of weeks (due to dangerously low sugar - usually it's sky high) and fell into unconsciousness, my husband found me on the floor and called 911) I was totally out of it, don't remember a thing, it was just a deep, dreamless sleep - nothing to be afraid of - couldn't death be just like that? Nothingness? If so, it's nothing to fear.
Love and the best of luck to you and yours.
Sorry to hear that Sherlayne. I am on insulin as well and have had several hypo's and was barely conscious.

You are right. Just as Lazarus awoke from death without even a mention of Heaven, it was just as if he awoke from a sleep.

I would hate to think my Mum and Dad are up there looking down on me here.

Lokk after yourself XXXX.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~

YOU WROTE

IT BELONGS TO WHOSOEVER WILL BELIEVE IT...

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

~~~

SO IT COULDN'T BELONG TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

FOR THEY NEITHER BELIEVE NOR RECEIVE IT..AND LOATHE THE THOUGH OF

LIVING BY IT.

THEY HAVE THEIR BOOK CALL THEIR CATECHISM,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, do not have the arrogance to tell us our Bible came from the RCC. The "nonsense" I "preach is straight from the Bible you claim is yours. It is as ancient as the Gospels. Just your church changed the doctrine of it into a false one.
Only by denying all the texts I have given have you a hope of convincing anyone but a dogmatic ignoramus that we go to Heaven when we die.
Death is a sleep. Your Bible tells us so.
Nothing here which says our spirits are already there!
Note the TWO resurrections. Judgement day decides which resurrection you will take part in.
YOU WROTE...

"Nothing here which says our spirits are already there!"

I GAVE YOU TWO EXAMPLES FROM THE BIBLE...Did you not read my post....

I don't call Jesus "Nothing" DO YOU?... HE COMMENDED HIS SPIRIT TO THE FATHER..did he not?

Stephen COMMENDED his spirit to Jesus...while JESUS WAS GIVING HIM A STANDING OVATION...

I HARDLY BELIEVE THAT YOU COULD CALL THEM "NOTHING"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 414,541 - 414,560 of532,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

437 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessarily so 719,614
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Hidingfromyou 93,610
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 8 min shovelhead72 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Aura Mytha 223,901
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Sister Kathryn Lust 172,131
have real female here 18 min cybermale 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min RADEKT 256,267
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr Docter REALITY 120
•••