Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,332
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430042 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>1. Who cares what you are intere4sted.
2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting.
3. Who are you to judge who is right and who is a Christian. The fact that you do indicates to me you are a very poor "christian" yourself.
You will have to snap out of the cloud of deception Preston. It may not be good for you to perpetuate false beliefs when the Bible clearly tells us Jesus was NOT in Heaven on Good Friday.
Prove He was if you can.
"2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting."

"all the while the thief was waiting" clearly says Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

That is very very close to committing the one unforgivable sin...blasphemy...

Location hidden

#430043 Mar 27, 2013
041 015
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text> That was a parable Jesus taught. It needed no reference to real people. It was allegoric.
Are you saying only the spirits of the dead are in Heaven? Why did Jesus say He was going to prepare a plce when spirits don't need any place. Dumb idea. Continuing a Catholic notion, no less.
The parable of Lazarus and the rich man has been the foundation for many of the erroneous beliefs about "hell" within traditional Christianity. Some have viewed it not as a parable, but as a true story Christ told to give details about the punishment of sinners in hell. Yet a thorough, unbiased examination of this story will show that the generally accepted interpretations of this passage of Scripture are fallacious and misleading. In this article, we will go through the parable verse by verse to determine what Christ was truly teaching.
Those who insist that this is not a parable, but a true, literal story Christ told to describe the condition of the lost in hell must overlook several facts to arrive at that conclusion. First, Yeshua the Messiah never accuses the rich man of any sin. He is simply portrayed as a wealthy man who lived the good life. Furthermore, Lazarus is never proclaimed to be a righteous man. He is just one who had the misfortune to be poor and unable to care for himself. If this story is literal, then the logical implication is that all the rich are destined to burn in hell, while all the homeless and destitute will be saved. Does anyone believe this to be the case?
When you present Scripture that you say shows the verses I quoted as being contradicting to what you present....you have been successful in proving the infallible Word of God as being the opposite...in other words, fallible.

You are also saying the dictionary is wrong!!! Quote: heaven: the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.

You have the God given right to reject the truth in His Word, and also deny the correctness of the dictionary!!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430044 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting."
"all the while the thief was waiting" clearly says Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Punctuation was added much later. It just might possibly have been written "Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Later the shalt and thou were swapped to make it mean today Jesus would be in Heaven with the thief.

It is plain He wasn't.

"I say unto you this day" is a common phrase used elswhere in scripture but this one time the punctuation was wrong.

Otherwise, tell me why Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday yet He appeared in the upper room after that.

Location hidden

#430045 Mar 27, 2013
041 015
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text> That was a parable Jesus taught. It needed no reference to real people. It was allegoric.
Are you saying only the spirits of the dead are in Heaven? Why did Jesus say He was going to prepare a plce when spirits don't need any place. Dumb idea. Continuing a Catholic notion, no less.
The parable of Lazarus and the rich man has been the foundation for many of the erroneous beliefs about "hell" within traditional Christianity. Some have viewed it not as a parable, but as a true story Christ told to give details about the punishment of sinners in hell. Yet a thorough, unbiased examination of this story will show that the generally accepted interpretations of this passage of Scripture are fallacious and misleading. In this article, we will go through the parable verse by verse to determine what Christ was truly teaching.
Those who insist that this is not a parable, but a true, literal story Christ told to describe the condition of the lost in hell must overlook several facts to arrive at that conclusion. First, Yeshua the Messiah never accuses the rich man of any sin. He is simply portrayed as a wealthy man who lived the good life. Furthermore, Lazarus is never proclaimed to be a righteous man. He is just one who had the misfortune to be poor and unable to care for himself. If this story is literal, then the logical implication is that all the rich are destined to burn in hell, while all the homeless and destitute will be saved. Does anyone believe this to be the case?
And: Isaac and Jacob are also in Heaven....either they went there upon dying, or the first resurrection has already occurred!!!!

Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430046 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking in error.
Can you not understand the simple logic here?
How am I blaspheming in pointing out that Jesus was not in Heaven on Good Friday? A simple error by whoever punctuated the Bible is what is disputed here.

How can you stubbornly continue in thinking Jesus met the thief in Heaven on Good Fridaywhen scripture clearly tells us He was on earth for another 40 days?
Is blasphemy worse than stupidity?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430047 Mar 27, 2013
Please, in fairness study...
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/Lazarus-byH...

It won't take you long and you may profit by being better informed.

Location hidden

#430048 Mar 27, 2013
044 037
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Punctuation was added much later. It just might possibly have been written "Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Later the shalt and thou were swapped to make it mean today Jesus would be in Heaven with the thief.
It is plain He wasn't.
"I say unto you this day" is a common phrase used elswhere in scripture but this one time the punctuation was wrong.
Otherwise, tell me why Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday yet He appeared in the upper room after that.
Now you are saying the Bible is wrong ("I say unto you this day" is a common phrase used elswhere in scripture but this one time the punctuation was wrong).

When you present Scripture that you say shows the verses I quoted as being contradicting to what you present....you have been successful in proving the infallible Word of God as being the opposite...in other words, fallible.

You are also saying the dictionary is wrong!!! Quote: heaven: the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.

You have the God given right to reject the truth in His Word, and also deny the correctness of the dictionary!!!!

Location hidden

#430049 Mar 27, 2013
046 037
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I blaspheming in pointing out that Jesus was not in Heaven on Good Friday? A simple error by whoever punctuated the Bible is what is disputed here.
How can you stubbornly continue in thinking Jesus met the thief in Heaven on Good Fridaywhen scripture clearly tells us He was on earth for another 40 days?
You are clearing showing Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430050 Mar 27, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It is written that your god is moved by weak human emotions such as jealousy and anger.
Why does your god get angry and murder scores of innocents, including harmless children, all because of the sins of a few?
What a crude, angry little spirit would do that?
But it is written.
Where did you read that he killed innocent people?

Location hidden

#430051 Mar 27, 2013
046 037
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"A simple error by whoever punctuated the Bible is what is disputed here."

You have reaffirmed that you view the Word of God as being fallible.

I am willing to bet you refer to yourself as being a Christian (a follower of the teaching of Christ)

Location hidden

#430052 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Please, in fairness study...
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/Lazarus-byH...
It won't take you long and you may profit by being better informed.
As for me and my family, we will always follow the teaching of God's infallible, inspired, Word...the Bible..
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430053 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
044 037
<quoted text>
Now you are saying the Bible is wrong ("I say unto you this day" is a common phrase used elswhere in scripture but this one time the punctuation was wrong).
If you cannot understand that Jesus was NOT in Paradise on the Good Friday, I assume it is willing ignorance and I cannot help you.

Who wrote that dictionary? Holy men inspired by God?
Who punctuated the Bible? Some guy as he rode on a donkey.

Who cannot figure out that Jesus was in the tomb until Sunday morning (the first day of the week)? He was NOT in Heaven for 40 days. SIMPLE BUT YOU CANNOT GRASP THE LOGIC!
socci

Cameron, MO

#430054 Mar 27, 2013

Washington's Pope: Pope Francis and the South American Dirty Wars

http://archive.org/details/WashingtonsPope

article & radio interview
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430055 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As for me and my family, we will always follow the teaching of God's infallible, inspired, Word...the Bible..
Me too. Everything I have quoted from is that Bible.
Yet you remain stubborn.
Jesus never went to Heaven for another 40 days after His Resurrection.

Can you tell me from scripture where it says Jesus went to Heaven at the moment He died?

Did it take a resurrection to allow Him an ascension?

Is that not the way we are to follow?

What about Judgement Day? When we all have been judged already?

What for? And why a resurrection if we are already in Heaven?

You don't have a logical or biblical response, do you?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430056 Mar 27, 2013
Rich man and Lazarus

AmazingFacts-The Rich Man and Lazarus pt1 of 6
&p= 4BC8DC7089A20264&index=45 &playnext=2

AmazingFacts-The Rich Man and Lazarus pt2 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

AmazingFacts-The Rich Man and Lazarus pt3 of 6

AmazingFacts-The Rich Man and Lazarus pt4 of 6

AmazingFacts-The Rich Man and Lazarus pt5 of 6

AmazingFacts-The Rich Man and Lazarus pt6 of 6
socci

Cameron, MO

#430057 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Rich man and Lazarus

Steve Wohlberg explains about as good as any..

Jesus often told “parables” or stories that were symbolic of deeper truths. Although parables contain many practical lessons, not every item should be taken literally. Is this story a parable? We believe so.
Here are 7 reasons why:

1. Jesus often began His parables with the phrase, "a certain…" this or that. If you look up these verses in Luke’s gospel, you will discover that they are all parables. Thus it’s logical to assume the Rich Man and Lazarus story is also a parable.

2. A man cannot physically enter into "the bosom" or chest of another person as Christ described.

3. Can someone literally burning in flames carry on a normal conversation?

4. Can those in heaven and hell talk to each other?

5. Jesus represented the rich man as being bodily in hell, with eyes, a mouth, a tongue, etc. This is obviously symbolic. If you were to dig up a real rich man's grave, wouldn't his body be there? Of course!

6. A real burning man would not request a little water to cool his tongue alone. What about the rest of his body?

7. Consciousness at death contradicts the rest of the Bible.
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430058 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
... You have reaffirmed that you view the Word of God as being fallible.
I am willing to bet you refer to yourself as being a Christian (a follower of the teaching of Christ)
I am a rational being. I do not take anything as truth blindly.
Which version of the Bible (and there are many) do you hold to be infallible?
The best Bible version I know of is the KJV but I know for a fact that other vesions are different.

Some have been blatantly added to or altered to reinforce some false doctrine held by the "translator".

How is it that I may not be a Christian if I understand differently from you even though it is not in ignorance?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430059 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
041 015
<quoted text>
And: Isaac and Jacob are also in Heaven....either they went there upon dying, or the first resurrection has already occurred!!!!
Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
SHALL indicates some time in the FUTURE.
The Kingdom of Heaven is our reward AFTER the resurrection.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
We have to be made immortal to never die. We put on immortality AFTER the resurrection.

This is what follows after a resurrection. After not before.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430060 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve Wohlberg explains about as good as any..
Jesus often told “parables” or stories that were symbolic of deeper truths. Although parables contain many practical lessons, not every item should be taken literally. Is this story a parable? We believe so.
Here are 7 reasons why:
1. Jesus often began His parables with the phrase, "a certain…" this or that. If you look up these verses in Luke’s gospel, you will discover that they are all parables. Thus it’s logical to assume the Rich Man and Lazarus story is also a parable.
2. A man cannot physically enter into "the bosom" or chest of another person as Christ described.
3. Can someone literally burning in flames carry on a normal conversation?
4. Can those in heaven and hell talk to each other?
5. Jesus represented the rich man as being bodily in hell, with eyes, a mouth, a tongue, etc. This is obviously symbolic. If you were to dig up a real rich man's grave, wouldn't his body be there? Of course!
6. A real burning man would not request a little water to cool his tongue alone. What about the rest of his body?
7. Consciousness at death contradicts the rest of the Bible.
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
Thank you socci. Steve Wohlberg is a favourite pastor of mine. He has a television ministry which goes worldwide.

I just wish people would watch his videos so they can understand the truth.
I tire of insults such as I bet you call yourself a Christian and I am blaspheming when I say Jesus was not in Heaven on Good Friday.

Father forgive their unbelief.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430061 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Anger is a trait of justice. You do understand justice? Justice is not murder. Why do you defend the satanists?
Please define "satanist".

Please post your support for this definition and how it applies to whomever you are referring to.

I just want to make sure I understand your argument, before I argue against it.

Yes, against it, because your use of this word (satanists) is IMO, incorrect, although it does sound to me like you are judging others by calling these other people this name. To me, that says you are powerful and am "like God" because you have the authority to judge others. I don't believe you are capable of this, but you seem to find comfort posting it.

Live in love - you'll be a better person for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Catcher1 795,765
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 607,221
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min An NFL Fan 120,748
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min Rick in Kansas 267,485
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 51 min Life after Love 5,329
WESH 2 News: Astronauts Likely Survived Challen... 1 hr toad4754 1
__POPE to U.N. for 1-World GOVT "Launching" 1 hr YTubeHeadlines 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr HipGnosis 592
More from around the web