Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679021 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

socci

Cameron, MO

#430204 Mar 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
Jews DO NOT believe in sons of God or the trinity, why then would Jesus be born a Jew, practice his faith as a Jew, if he claimed to be the son of God, if Jews do not believe in sons of God?

What Jews believe today and what they believed 2000 years ago are two different things. They were looking for the Messiah at that time.
-
"Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if you can tell?" (Proverbs 30:4)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)
-
God's people have always known from the beginning "man was created in our image"; that there was more to God than a single person. He appeared to Moses as a messenger *angel of the Lord* in the burning bush.

Even if the Jews didnt fully understand the Godhead as many Christians also dont, Jesus revealed more about this, and we may not fully understand in this lifetime.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430205 Mar 28, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he just copied his first comment and hits the paste button a couple times a day.
He has the same story over and over, and NEVER explains his reasoning.
therefore HOJO is BUSTED!
that's why i call him parrot,he constantly repeats himself,you post a fact about the church that rubs him the wrong way,you get nothing from him that disputes your post,no history or biblical fact that proves what you posted is wrong,and the only reason for that is because he can't do it,and he knows it,but refuses to admit it.you get the same message every time. notice how he says I/we Catholics,he use to say we Catholics,but when i started to call him pope hojo,he changed it. WHAT really boggles the mind is that it is a well known fact that the church is guilty of crimes against humanity yet people support the company,i don't get it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430206 Mar 28, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Viva el Papa!!!
Band-wagon participant.

In truth, you probably never heard this saying, until AFTER he was elected.

Typical Catholic.

usa

#430207 Mar 28, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>True however it is believed by some it was an annual Sabbath commencing the Passover and it was on a Thursday there fore he would have been crucified in the middle of the week on Wednesday causing the sacrifice to cease. This is how I believe.
wednesday/Thursday are possibilities,because the true Sabbath is Saturday,and the one god theory states that Saturday is the true Sabbath, and not the pagan Sabbath which worships their deity the sun.no matter what day you call the Sabbath when you go to your church you have to pay with the true god of all organized religious groups,the god of dead presidents,for he is the most powerful god known to man.we lie we cheat we steal we rob we kill we sell our bodies in the name of this god.who can possibly top that kind of power that controls us? a god of mythical proportion? doubtful.

Albuquerque, NM

#430208 Mar 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Analogue:
"He shot him with a 9mm hand gun".
Most sane people will know that this 9mm hand gun had to be loaded, pointed at the target, and the trigger pulled.
Your use of analogies and metaphors are sub-standard.

Spin Ox - spin.....but not too much, you'll also make others dizzy.

Albuquerque, NM

#430209 Mar 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Analogue:
"He shot him with a 9mm hand gun".
Most sane people will know that this 9mm hand gun had to be loaded, pointed at the target, and the trigger pulled.
Are you sure you aren't a Catholic?

Albuquerque, NM

#430210 Mar 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Where in the Bible is lenten season found...
I have never ran across a scripture that refers to such a subject...
It says
Ecc 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and
a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecc 3:2
A time to be born, and
a time to die;
a time to plant, and
a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ecc 3:3
A time to kill,
and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and
a time to build up;
Ecc 3:4
A time to weep, and
a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and
a time to dance;
Ecc 3:5
A time to cast away stones, and
a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and
a time to refrain from embracing;
Ecc 3:6
A time to get, and
a time to lose;
a time to keep, and
a time to cast away;
Ecc 3:7
A time to rend, and
a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and
a time to speak;
Ecc 3:8
A time to love, and
a time to hate;
a time of war, and
a time of peace.
Ecc 3:9
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
Ecc 3:10
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
Ecc 3:11
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time:
also he hath set the world in their heart,
so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
Ecc 3:12
I know that there is no good in them,
but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
Ecc
3:13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and
enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
Ecc
3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth,
it shall be for ever:
nothing can be put to it,
nor any thing taken from it: and
God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
Ecc 3:15
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath
already been; and God requireth that which is past.
Ecc 3:16
And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment,
that wickedness was there; and
the place of righteousness,
that iniquity was there.
Ecc 3:17
I said in mine heart,
God shall judge the righteous and
the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and
for every work.
later GOD said..
2Co_6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold,
-->now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
Tell me bible-student, do all actions taht involve someone to show piety, has to be in the Bible?

Just because you refuse to give up bad habits, does not mean that it is warranted. Sheez....are you this selfish?

usa

#430211 Mar 28, 2013
StarC wrote:
Mass of The Last Supper at your local Catholic Church tonight!
Enter your zip code or city…
http://www.masstimes.org/
the church that desperate they have people on here making public service announcements for them.

usa

#430212 Mar 28, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 70 MILLION copies of "50 shades of Grey" have been sold mostly to women, a book about womens erotica. I will bet your wife has a copy. Check at the bottom of your wifes socks drawer.(lol)
it will be right next to that 6-7 in. long latex thing that vibrates.:)

usa

#430213 Mar 28, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
To explain the Bible to people like you. If you ever had a catechism you would find footnotes on each page. Duh!
What came first the Church or the Bible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YqKjcTHsuw0XX
i told you the correct answer already, the bible (book of rules)had to come first so man could have a plan in place for the phony unholy church pagan Rome created.

usa

#430214 Mar 28, 2013
StarC wrote:
“The Church is indestructible. Over the centuries it has withstood the onslaught of Nero, Julian the Apostate, countless heresies, countless betrayals, the claims that it denies reason, schism, wars, Hitler, Mussolini, corrupt clergy, apathetic laity, and others. In fact, even the most faithful Christian will startle when he ponders the Church's list of historical enemies. The fact that it has triumphed, and even thrived, in the way it has seems to defy logic, to say the least (Cf: 1 Cor 1:25). We are, after all, an organization founded on 11 poorly educated men who followed another man--one who never wrote a word--who was killed by being nailed to logs.
Rest assured, the Church will take on and withstand nihilism, modernism, relativism, secular humanism, and any other enemy that comes to face it, and it will survive them all.(Cf: Mat 16:18)”
----------Fr-Carlos Martins
the church is not indestructible, Islam is blowing them up (two in Africa),thanks to the stupidity of one of your popes,only a matter of time before a bomb goes off in Vatican city.

usa

#430215 Mar 28, 2013
news time talk later,have a good evening people if i don't see you.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#430216 Mar 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Band-wagon participant.
In truth, you probably never heard this saying, until AFTER he was elected.
Typical Catholic.
FYI, heard it all my life.

Typical New Age....LOL

Bought any crystals lately?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430217 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Your use of analogies and metaphors are sub-standard.
Spin Ox - spin.....but not too much, you'll also make others dizzy.
You look better with egg on your face!!!!

Location hidden

#430218 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you sure you aren't a Catholic?
Ex-Catholic.....a permanent one...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430220 Mar 28, 2013
who="MICHAEL"
Christianity took the Jew out of Jesus.
It didn't matter what day he died, and for those that believe when he rose from the dead, there was no way christianity was going to use the same holy day (saturday) as the jews do. All these bible stories were edited to take any judiasm away from this man and make him their own.
A man lives his entire life a jew, according to christian scriptures loved by all jews, practices his faith dilligently, dies a Jew and is buried in Jewish custom and tradition and then starts an entirely NEW belief system, the complete opposite of what he practiced and believed his entire life?
makes no common sense.....

No, Michael. He didn't start an entirely NEW belief system. He was revealing God to mankind...not the 'God' of man's making. The Sabbath was/is the seventh day, is it not? On the Sabbath no work is to be done. When Jesus rose from the tomb, it was on THE FIRST DAY of the week, when new work was to begin...and He had a 'new work'(a new covenant) to begin. God's plan with Israel was to reveal Himself to the rest of the world as a loving, provisional, faithful Father. He did that. In the New Covenant, He opened to doors to all of us...not just the Jews. In this part of the plan, He is working to show the 'principalities and powers of the air' that He can do great things in/to this flesh. He can make holy men if He is allowed to live in them, and He can immortalize those who believe in Him.

Scripture doesn't say that He was crucified on a Friday...or even on the 6th day...as that would have voided His declaration that He would be in the earth for three days and three nights. Being the Passover Lamb, He would die ON THE PASSOVER. If you study the O.T. feasts and sabbaths, you will discover that there were sabbaths IN ADDITION TO the regular 7th day sabbath. Thus the Passover on which Jesus died would not have been on a Friday.

The Passover was celebrated on the 14th day of the month of Abib. I don't know their calendar, but I assume that it would not have been the same day of the week each time.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#430221 Mar 28, 2013
how's about we all just flush our self-righteous & religious BS down the toilet where it belongs and instead put our trust in God's Christ and we live happily ever after together forever?!:)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#430222 Mar 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> wednesday/Thursday are possibilities,because the true Sabbath is Saturday,and the one god theory states that Saturday is the true Sabbath, and not the pagan Sabbath which worships their deity the sun.no matter what day you call the Sabbath when you go to your church you have to pay with the true god of all organized religious groups,the god of dead presidents,for he is the most powerful god known to man.we lie we cheat we steal we rob we kill we sell our bodies in the name of this god.who can possibly top that kind of power that controls us? a god of mythical proportion? doubtful.
jethro8 - How are you doing? I hope you're comfortable. And you know I wish you well.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430223 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Tell me bible-student, do all actions taht involve someone to show piety, has to be in the Bible?
Just because you refuse to give up bad habits, does not mean that it is warranted. Sheez....are you this selfish?
~~~

The Bible is God's standard of Holiness..A GUIDE BOOK....FOR THE JOURNEY FROM EARTH TO HEAVEN.

When all else fails read the directions...

Isa_35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

Isa 35:10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#430224 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Third generation disciples is first hand info. Context is not your strong suit.
Do I use crystals for what?
No, a crystal is not my god. Why do you ask?
Third generation? Jesus founded HIS Church, taught the Apostles, and His teachings still stands today. Reading is not your strong suit!

I thought 'new age' used crystal, and I see they do.

“The New Age movement comprises a loose collection of individuals and groups who employ a variety of religious practices such as
channeling,[question; who do you channel]
crystal work,

[question; what is this crystal suppose to do for you]
and

alternative healing

[question; what alternative healing?]

in order to transform

[question; r u going to transform the world? How?]

both
themselves and the wider world.

New Agers tend to view incarnation as a human being on earth as only one option for a reincarnating soul. Most New Age practitioners believe that souls can take life on a variety of planets

[question will you be in another planet when you die?]

and planes of existence.

The New Age Movement
grew in popularity during the 1970s and 1980s through the

teachings of David Spangler and other metaphysical religious groups, but it has existed in various forms since the 2nd century C.E. Beginning with Gnosticism, New Age ideas have continued through a variety of groups including Rosicrucianism, Freemasonary, and the teachings of Helena Blavatsky. New Age ideas have many different origins from a variety of places, but most of them can be traced to Eastern religious traditions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and other ancient religious traditions.
Unlike most other religions, the New Age possesses no central scriptures. Practicing a religion that is really a disparate and informal network, New Age practitioners-sometimes also called New

Agers-freely choose from a variety of options to guide them in

their spiritual development.

http://www.patheos.com/Library/New-Age/Belief...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min RiccardoFire 2,569
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 55 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,084
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Holy Jehowa Witness 46,213
Gangbang with my Girlfriend. (Mar '11) 3 hr Kinky1ntn 33
The Seth Rich Murder 4 hr Hiddn Numbrz 5
More from around the web