Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596372 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#429909 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy AKA Peston is a work in progress.
He places what Grandpaw says above what scripture plainly and in many verses teaches.
Then accuses me of false doctrine when what I say is straight from the pages of the Bible. WEIRD.
what my grandfather said?

lol. I was there, carl had been dead for around 20 minutes. he died even before we got there. and then he came back to life, and he described what he had seen while he was gone, as to how beutiful the hills were, etc. He would have loved and noticed that first since he was a hillside farmer, then he got down down to the essentials as he told me that the "greats in Heaven" had sent him back to tell me that I had a job to do for the Lord(educating ignorants such as yourself et al)and he spoke of Peter, Paul among others.

to many times, Have I saw NDE's while I worked in hospitals to deny that when people die they go immediately to hell or heaven. if you in your ignorance choose to believe otherwise, the truth will be revealed to you someday.Amen!

and if Karen is lurking, she also would give you the same witness that I am giving tonight.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429910 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
See "To day shalt thou be with me in paradise"? What does that mean to you?
As I showed earlier, it is a matter of where the comma goes.
Jesus didn't go to Heaven for a few weeks after He was resurrected.
Jesus wasn't in heaven THAT DAY so it obviously means that Jesus SAID to him that day...

"I say unto you this day, Thou shalt be with Me in Paradise."

Many fall into this error and it is so simple to prove Jesus did not mean that the thief would bypass Judgement day or the resurrection of the just and go straight to Heaven.
A good study of Scripture shows that when we die, we are asleep in the grave until we are resurrected.

Jesus would not contradict Himself or the rest of the Bible. He said previously that believers go to Heaven “on the last day” when He “comes again.” John 6:39, 40, 44, 54; 14:1-3. QED.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#429911 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.preparingforeternit y.com/dead.htm
What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.
Lazarus Is Dead
Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days. When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven. If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth. He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute. He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven. But Lazarus did not speak of heaven. Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him. Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.
Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned. "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."
Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth."
Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"
no difference between Lazarus and my grandfather except the time. and the bible doesnt say that Lazarus didnt go to paradise or heaven, does it?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429912 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What false doctrines, NASL?
Everything you post is from men. Men are fallible - meaning men can't always be truthful. But you see otherwise, if you accept their texts.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>I have given the texts and have many more to show they are all consistent.
In error of their context.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>Can you prove from scripture that I am wrong?
Circular reason will only keep you chasing your tail. DO you want to do that.

I've posted plenty of information that shows you are incorrect.

Read them - about 15000 are in this forum alone. Start around 11K. You'll see them.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>Death is a sleep and I can offer many verses which concur.
I can offer many texts as well that shows it isn't.

I'll believe Jesus over any of the men you quote, which tells me that you think they are more enlightened than Jesus. Otherwise you would be only quoting Jesus.

Thanks for responding.

Albuquerque, NM

#429913 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of this do you disagree with, NASL?
I'm curious as to why you think I am profering a false doctrine
You use the literal instead of accepting the symbolism of the transcending Spirit.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#429914 Mar 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
For those who have had NDEs, they don't agree with you.
http://www.near-death.com/
tiger lily aka truth(one of there on here,lol) is asda who like the campbellites dont beleive in divine healiongs etc.

so dont pay any attention to him. he follows the satanic witch ellen white.

and I just talked to my wife, anurse in ICU for over 30 years and she just shared with me about a man who wanted nothing to do with God, and as they rolled him over, he cried out "help me" and gave up the ghost. like this jerk from DU, he will know the "truth" when he dies.

Albuquerque, NM

#429915 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't in heaven THAT DAY so it obviously means that Jesus SAID to him that day...
Many fall into this error and it is so simple to prove Jesus did not mean that the thief would bypass Judgement day or the resurrection of the just and go straight to Heaven.
A good study of Scripture shows that when we die, we are asleep in the grave until we are resurrected.
Jesus would not contradict Himself or the rest of the Bible. He said previously that believers go to Heaven “on the last day” when He “comes again.” John 6:39, 40, 44, 54; 14:1-3. QED.
All said without research.

"Because my Bible tells me so".

Looks as though I am not the only one correcting you.

Take the help - you need it.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429916 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
"Who do you prefer?"
A: Jesus
- but I can see you didn't even use his quote accurately and then preferred to use "Paul" in the latter. Do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?
"Tabitha had actually died. She did not testify to a paradise.
Neither did Jesus' friend Lazarus and he had been dead for days and had began to decay."
- don't believe everything you read.
http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-...
- this is a good starting point to help you understand.
"Can you cite a person who had an NDE who had been dead and was stinking already who returned to life? I don't think so."
- "dead and stinking" - no.
- known an actual person who experience one - no.
- Do I believe there are people who have had them - yes
Here is a link to many people's tales.
Dr. Raymond Moody's landmark first book, "Life After Life" @1975 is actually a well-known book, as it was written from a Psychologist's perspective, and that it is very compelling and written well.
OK then, now we have a problem or five.

#1. If Judgement day comes and we find that the Heavenly courts have decided that you "didn't make it", do you then get sent to Hell after enjoying Paradise for a while?
#2. What is the point of a resurrection if we are alive and well in Paradise?
#3. Why do you prefer secular writing such as from Raymond Moody rather than what Jesus said?
#4. John 3:13 says... No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven--the Son of Man.
#5 Why did none of the twelve resurrected in Scripture ever testify of Heaven when they were resurrected?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429917 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible speaks of a resurrection. ONE DAY when all who are in the graves HEAR HIS VOICE.
Nobody goes to Heaven when they die.
If they do, show me proof.
Jesus said... Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards. Meaning after He resurrects us.
That hasn't happened ... or was I left behind?
The Catechism clearly teaches, "Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of Heaven — through purification or immediately,— or immediate and everlasting damnation" (No. 1022).

What else is there to say!!!!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429918 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You use the literal instead of accepting the symbolism of the transcending Spirit.
Explain please?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429919 Mar 26, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in Gods name would HOJO and anyone want to belong to an organization like this?
Fear and greed.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429920 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Everything you post is from men. Men are fallible - meaning men can't always be truthful. But you see otherwise, if you accept their texts.
<quoted text>
In error of their context.
<quoted text>
Circular reason will only keep you chasing your tail. DO you want to do that.
I've posted plenty of information that shows you are incorrect.
Read them - about 15000 are in this forum alone. Start around 11K. You'll see them.
<quoted text>
I can offer many texts as well that shows it isn't.
I'll believe Jesus over any of the men you quote, which tells me that you think they are more enlightened than Jesus. Otherwise you would be only quoting Jesus.
Thanks for responding.
The Bible was written by Holy Men inspired to write by the Holy Spirit.
You are saying I should take scriptute with a grain of salt?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429921 Mar 26, 2013
All said without research.
"Because my Bible tells me so".
Looks as though I am not the only one correcting you.
Take the help - you need it.
Who, me? And millions of others who agree with what I posted.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429922 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catechism clearly teaches, "Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of Heaven — through purification or immediately,— or immediate and everlasting damnation" (No. 1022).
What else is there to say!!!!!!
The soul that sinneth it shall die.
Job 4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?(KJV)
1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.(KJV)
That Christ has told us over and over that He holds out the promise of eternal life is also well documented in the Word.
John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(KJV)

In short, the words 'eternal life' means you do not have to die but can live eternally, forever.

If, on the other hand, you were already born with an immortal soul that cannot die, what does this promise of eternal life from Jesus Christ mean?

In truth, if your soul could not die, it would have no meaning at all.
But, even more importantly than anything else, if the religious concept of an immortal soul were true ...
Why would God be telling us it wasn't, in the above Scriptures?
In the end, you have to answer exactly the same question Adam and Eve had to answer:
Do I believe the word of God, or Satan?
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#429923 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
excuse me but this flake is not a Christian, he is a sda who doesnt have a clue about the Spiritual things of God.one who adds to His Word, for instance, saying that Paul had a sickness and wanted to die.this is contrary to what Paul actually meant.every Christian wants to be with Jesus, sick or not. shoot, I was ready to go Home as soon as I got up from the Altar. But Paul had a job to do for the Lord and did it.

some people have stated that Pauls thorn was [poor eyesight],[small stature]among other POV's. but this is the first time that I have ever heard some flake say it was because he was sick

Location hidden

#429924 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts...undeniable truth:

Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
(KJV)

He replied to him,“Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.(NABre pope approved Bible)

Location hidden

#429925 Mar 26, 2013
922 866
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The soul that sinneth it shall die.
Job 4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?(KJV)
1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.(KJV)
That Christ has told us over and over that He holds out the promise of eternal life is also well documented in the Word.
John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(KJV)
In short, the words 'eternal life' means you do not have to die but can live eternally, forever.
If, on the other hand, you were already born with an immortal soul that cannot die, what does this promise of eternal life from Jesus Christ mean?
In truth, if your soul could not die, it would have no meaning at all.
But, even more importantly than anything else, if the religious concept of an immortal soul were true ...
Why would God be telling us it wasn't, in the above Scriptures?
In the end, you have to answer exactly the same question Adam and Eve had to answer:
Do I believe the word of God, or Satan?
You deny the teaching of the Catechism and the NABre pope approved Bible???????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#429926 Mar 26, 2013
who="hojo"
The One True Catholic Church is founded on Jesus---because--Jesus "founded the Church---HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over 2000 years ago: Matthew 16:13-21---which was and is still one (Universal--Catholic Church). This agrees with both the Bible and Apostolic Church History, that followed the death and resurrection of Christ, where Paul in I Timothy 3:15 says: THE CHURCH (not the bible only) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!! Confrinting!!! after 35 years of being raised as a bible only Protestant, in Confirmation, bible school, bible theological college and pre-seminary University---I HAVE ABSOLUTELY "NO DOUBT" as to proven historical and biblical TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established (One and only ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL) Church---and it was Catholic....... The fact is that Bible Only Protestantism is a "man made" (concocted) belief--which is nothing more than an "offshoot of the Reformation almost 200 years after Martin Luther.....It is a "personal opinionated (editorialized "interpretation--(or better yet mis-interpretation of the bible that has absolutely no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back it up!...Today--the result of "sola scriptura" is a "contradicting (hodge-podge) of over 42,000 inconsistent and conflicting denominations of distorted (half-truth Christianity, and heretical preaching and teaching by ministers (like you) who rely on condemnation and judgemental preaching of the TRUE FAITH and Salvation of other Christians and the Churches they attend--especially Catholics, in order to keep their bible only ministry "from sinking"!....The TRUTH,(has, is and will always be) in Jesus Christ and HIS ONE (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ).... God is not, ever has been, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only Protestant confusion and chaos!!

Were you ever born again? Or did you just go to seminary, etc. because you admired a holy calling (NOT A BAD THING...just not enough).

The relationship I have with Jesus Christ did not come from Martin Luther...OR the Pope. It came from HIM...and brings joy unspeakable!

Ask Him to reveal HIMSELF to you. He is willing to do that. The whole thing will be clearer to you.

Location hidden

#429927 Mar 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>excuse me but this flake is not a Christian, he is a sda who doesnt have a clue about the Spiritual things of God.one who adds to His Word, for instance, saying that Paul had a sickness and wanted to die.this is contrary to what Paul actually meant.every Christian wants to be with Jesus, sick or not. shoot, I was ready to go Home as soon as I got up from the Altar. But Paul had a job to do for the Lord and did it.
some people have stated that Pauls thorn was [poor eyesight],[small stature]among other POV's. but this is the first time that I have ever heard some flake say it was because he was sick
What does that have to do with:

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429928 Mar 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what my grandfather said?
lol. I was there, carl had been dead for around 20 minutes. he died even before we got there. and then he came back to life, and he described what he had seen while he was gone, as to how beutiful the hills were, etc. He would have loved and noticed that first since he was a hillside farmer, then he got down down to the essentials as he told me that the "greats in Heaven" had sent him back to tell me that I had a job to do for the Lord(educating ignorants such as yourself et al)and he spoke of Peter, Paul among others.
to many times, Have I saw NDE's while I worked in hospitals to deny that when people die they go immediately to hell or heaven. if you in your ignorance choose to believe otherwise, the truth will be revealed to you someday.Amen!
and if Karen is lurking, she also would give you the same witness that I am giving tonight.
You do talk rubbish sometimes Preston.
Grandpa may have had dreams but he never died or he would have been brain damaged. I know for fact your idea that people go to heaven or hell at death is afalse one probably brought on by the RCC so they could peddle indulgences to the gullible.
You would have mortgaged your soul to buy those worthless promises from the pope too had you lived in Tetzel's time.

Too bad you cannot explain why a resurrection if we go straight to Heaven anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 854,902
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 49 min raj 276
harun mat saat (Mar '11) 53 min Allah Maha Agong 126
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Brian_G 1,012
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,712
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr laskar shalahudin 444,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr USawarringIdiotSo... 177,177
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 612,621
More from around the web