Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
414,281 - 414,300 of 537,067 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
jesus christ blows me

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the impression you're going to believe what you want to believe no matter what.
But for the record: Christ died on a Friday and rose on Sunday. This has nothing to do with Pagan Sun gods or the Roman Empire.
Saturday----from Saturn's day.

Sunday....from Sun, as in sky, day.

Friday probably some PAGAN day too.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You first said: He died to provide us miraculous divine grace to empower us to keep the law.
That is saying that once so empowered we keep the law. To keep the law means we don't sin.
Now you say: If we love God, we KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS but when we fail WE HAVE GRACE.
This means, because we love God, not because we are empowered to keep the law, we keep His Commandments, which means we don't sin. To fail in keeping His Commandments is to sin.
And all this time I have believed that when we sin, confess and repent, we got forgiveness!!!! Now I know that is not so...we get grace!!!
Thanks for your guidance!!!!!
I did not exclude prayer, repentance and asking for forgiveness.
It is a means of obtaining grace.

Hebrews 10:26.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will need a copy of your Code Book to communicate with you!!!
HAHA, I agree.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to repent.
Unless you are encouraging me to rebuke Jesus?
If so, then you aren't anyone I should be discussing this with and you really don't know what you are talking about.
FYI - being born again is not a theoretical concept or an analogy of any kind; it's an actual event, a regeneration of one's spirit/nature that happens 'when we put our trust in Jesus'(aka repent of trusting our own understanding and works of righteousness)

i didn't understand or give a lick about spiritual things until the day i was changed instantaneously many years ago:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
I am not talking about God's capabilities!!!!

New Age wrote:
Good....because you nor any man has the capacity to understand them.

But know this - I'll be watching your posts, just to see if you test that ground.
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but what makes you judge?
Hi Sherlayne.

I'm not a judge. I'm just a person with a point of view. You didn't like my wisdom?

It's okay, like you, I also don't understand all the wisdom that is presented to me, but it doesn't cause me to stop and not do anythign concerning it. I'll go check it out and see if it is viable.

Just like I posted above - "I'll be watching your posts, just to see if you test that ground". This basically means that I as a subscriber to this forum, will call out anyone who thinks they "do know what God's capabilities are".

I hate it when people openly lie about what tehy think they know and what they ACTUALLY know.

Soooo...back to your post...."what makes you judge?"

Your question has no bearing on my post. Would you like to rephrase it? Add some clarity to it? Explain what you are suggesting to better express your point.

Thanks!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay would you please stop lying about us. We agree with many things your catholic priests have wrote that agree with Scripture.
And when we disagree, it's because what they wrote did not agree with Scripture.
So you guys got together and determined a universal agreement on sacred scripture??

you're a sweet lady, but what you determine is 'authentic scriptural teaching' is irrelevant as you're no authority on the Bible.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will need a copy of your Code Book to communicate with you!!!
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

jesus christ blows me wrote:
<quoted text>Friday probably some PAGAN day too.
Nah - some guy came up with this one after smoking a blunt right before he decided to name Saturday and Sunday as "the weekend".

:o)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
Psalm 14:1 (KJV)
The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.
A "fool" would only repeat that passage for his own comfort and not through honesty.
<quoted text>
Of course you don't, because you can only see discourse and emptiness when you read other posts that don't fall within your comfort zone.
Unfortunately, this is a poor characteristic that you possess.
A. Men have designated others as "fools" without affording those individuals their say or verifying that what was implied as "foolish" is accurate. You, like others, just come right out and assume this stance because of your arrogance and ignorance towards those other individuals and those other beliefs.
- Pride will be you undoing.
- Honesty will show that you are inaccurate.
I await a copy of your Code Book....

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA, I agree.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

There ya go.

Please be very studious.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
.......We can be certain that the first Catholic apologists and Fathers of the Church, who lived very close to the time of the Apostles, were fully aware of the dates associated with the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
....Michael says...... it was what 180 AD before Ireneous first received the gospels long after all the apostles had died. The first 2 centuries christian groups never believed in a human Jesus but a spirit only. They had no dates of birth because they didn't claim he ever existed in human form.
....One hundred and fifty years after the time for Jesus' death we find the first mention of a gospel in an Apostle's name. That to me is simply amazing. Up to now we have analyzed every important early Christian Father and we saw without a doubt that all references to "sayings" or "passages" construed as coming from a possible existing gospel in their day was nothing more than "remembering" of an oral tradition. Each account showed that any and all references to anything even remotely similar to passages in our New Testaments today comes from memory of an circulating oral tradition and nothing more!
...... No other Pope, Bishop or Father (until Irenaeus), for nearly a century after "Pope Clement," ever mentions or quotes a Gospel, or names Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. So for a century and a half-until the books bobbed up in the hands (out of nowhere!) of Bishop St. Irenaeus and were tagged as "Gospels according to" this or that Apostle, there exists not a word of them in all the tiresome tomes of the Fathers. It is humanly and divinely impossible that the "Apostolic authorship" and hence "canonicity" or divine inspiration of these Sacred Four should have remained, for a century and a half, unknown and unsuspected by every Church, Father, Pope and Bishop of Christendom-if existent.
BUSTED!
Oh my!! Dust Storm's history does not jive with yours either.

Dust Storm wrote (exact words)... "We can be certain that the first Catholic apologists and Fathers of the Church, who lived very close to the time of the Apostles, were fully aware of the dates associated with the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ."

Yet Dust Storm calls me "ignorant" -- and in the process former Pope Benedict "ignorant" as well -- because I sited the former Pope's book as evidence against Dust Storm's claim.

In summary according to Dust Storm....

Wise = Dust Storm, man of certainty.

Ignorant = former Pope Benedict, Michael, and Free Mind

Dust Storm, please forgive us, but why throw your old Pope under the bus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - being born again is not a theoretical concept or an analogy of any kind; it's an actual event, a regeneration of one's spirit/nature that happens 'when we put our trust in Jesus'(aka repent of trusting our own understanding and works of righteousness)
i didn't understand or give a lick about spiritual things until the day i was changed instantaneously many years ago:)
So why don't you believe the non-canonical Jesus, that is if you "trust in Jesus".

You are, more accurately posting, that you only accept a portion of Jesus - that which men have decided upon....not yourSelf.

You are contradicting yourSelf.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>really? well you keep posting the number 1.6 billion Catholics in the world,a few weeks ago when the changing of the pope was taking place,according to a few different news sources stated that there are "only" 1.2 billion catholics in the world,so if the numbers are growing like you want to think,how can you go from 1.6 to 1.2 and think that more people are joining the pagan/christian church? going out last Sunday to get my paper i pass by 2 catholic churches on my way to the store and i saw a lot of empty parking spaces, hmmmmm but more and more people are joining the church. IN YOUR DREAMS.wasn't it palm Sunday last week? a holy day for the church and not many showed up,i guess they missed church because they are not use to the time change yet.
Correction: 1.6 Billion, if you add the Christmas and Easter twice per year Catholics......Today--over 100 at daily Mass in our parish that has about 1000 parishioners. Two Sunday Masses totaled over 700.-----Yes--it was Palm Sunday! Yes---the Catholic Church, continues to grow, each and every year, and now more than ever in the New Evangelization, many are re-committing their faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church. Growing 1.5% each and every year!
CARA REPORTS U.S. Seminary theology numbers, highest since 1988-89
ncronline.org/news/faith-parish/cara-reports-...
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Two (2) amazing coincidences in Roman Catholic history....

Amazing Coincident #1... Jesus just happened to be born on or about the winter solstice -- on a day widely celebrated by those we now call pagan.

Amazing Coincident #2... RCC Bishops and Cardinals on all inhabited continents reacted as individuals -- but all in the exact same manner without instruction from the Vatican -- with regard to certain important church matters.

Amazing!
jesus christ blows me

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
Two (2) amazing coincidences in Roman Catholic history....
Amazing Coincident #1... Jesus just happened to be born on or about the winter solstice -- on a day widely celebrated by those we now call pagan.
Amazing Coincident #2... RCC Bishops and Cardinals on all inhabited continents reacted as individuals -- but all in the exact same manner without instruction from the Vatican -- with regard to certain important church matters.

Amazing!
Sun day = worship of Sun, for christian.s

Saturns day = worship of Saturn, for Jews, whether Jews, who spent a lot of early days in Babylon, want to realize it or not.

March = Mars, on French calender.
jesus christ blows me

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Saturday....derived from Saturns day.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Marge, you guessed correctly. Yes, sin points to death but Jesus made it so we can be redeemed from that death. The gates of hell (the grave) shall not prevail against those who take part in the first resurrection.
Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.ó1st Corinthians 15:51-52 (ESV)
All changed in one moment when we are awoken from that sleep on Resurrection day. THEN we put on immortality (imperishable).
Love to you Marge.
sorry, but as ALL christians knows. the writer is talking about the [rapture] when he speaks of our bodies being changed, not after we are dead.
geesh, cant some of you flakes ever try and learn something about His Word.

and in secular medical world, it was learned over 20 years ago that there is the body present a molecule that has the ability to transform itself in 1/33,000 of a second, which conforms to the identical time of the "twinkling of the eye".

so it stands to reason that if a body is dead, that molecule is also dead, and therefore would not have the propensity to observe this change

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

<quoted text>
So why don't you believe the non-canonical Jesus, that is if you "trust in Jesus".
You are, more accurately posting, that you only accept a portion of Jesus - that which men have decided upon....not yourSelf.
You are contradicting yourSelf.
Jesus is not dead and therefore He never stopped communicating. be that as it may, He doesn't contradict what He's said or stood for in the past, as recorded in the Bible. that's how i know what Words are from Christ and which are from wolves in sheeps clothing:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nom enipe ifeferi dixeyov leli tisi, eteyalun rebasod rip oba erosi ya aromerag riedes adehit go. Uparayu seriteg rolirar cih ser li. Netesus nor irep egah epe aror lunota. Cit rusose dare pogeho ireladot? Ibe lacuce ceh cituse: Tadebied heteb ayasa hop yelie demepo cir, hibeset mot me! Xeneses re yuqot muqem yieg jemic lisago yapi caci! Alonies wol mut teti dat timu pi votog. Lipel seso toma? Erogay sotires totabe ibet te ka hi afir sisadag! Memesa oyunopen behetam tacir sarif enero. Osicosie nimo nedi rir siewe. Odemu iha itenah tiexiw tos cerefun lif. Recodot sico ifemes geh.
~~~

I don't speak the language you have posted in..thus I cannot respond...

This forum usually uses English...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Sexual abuse in the Catholic Church gets covered up through a system of blackmail and ''sacred silence'', according to the founder of the Broken Rites advocacy group, Chris Wilding.

She said sexual activity by priests and bishops set up a pattern of institutional secrecy and a system of blackmail that reached the highest corridors of the Vatican.

Ms Wilding told the Victorian inquiry into how the churches handled sex abuse that celibacy was a myth, and that when a priest was promoted his sexual partners could also advance.

''It is this system of blackmail that is central to the response of bishops, locally and around the world, relocating paedophile priests. If the bishop is compromised because he is known to be sexually active, the predatory cleric resorts to blackmail,'' she said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/chur...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Just Think 117,801
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 730,068
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Charlie Sheen 259,261
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min CunningLinguist 225,640
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min NEWS-FLASH 172,931
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min BenAdam 441,091
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Some1 Else 94,395
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr andet1987 76

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••