Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,793
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429667 Mar 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are hoping for the Orthodox to be under the Roman Church,or that they work together as equals?
Before I came to Topix, I was pro-reunion. I now believe that we stay separate, but respect each others faith. I also hope that both churches would stop declaring that they are the "True Church" and just walk humbly trying, despite many faults, to be forgiven and walk with Christ.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429668 Mar 25, 2013
John 13:33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
Jesus went to His Father in Heaven after being with His friends for a few weeks.
So the good thief could come? Did he?
No. He awaits his resurrection. THEN he will see Jesus again.
Nobody goes to Heaven (or Hell) when they die. Jesus said so.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429669 Mar 25, 2013
cruelty
Wicket people can set up ..o yes to become beast as well judge you under law of wicket..
no its not real Creator law..definitely not.
http://bible.cc/genesis/18-25.htm
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#429670 Mar 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are hoping for the Orthodox to be under the Roman Church,or that they work together as equals?
LOL...No he was being smug, arrogant and condescending, because it is important for him to slander the Catholic church with unfounded charges. This was his reaction to me posting a Christian response from a group of Orthodox who were saying they have no right to point fingers at the Church and the reasons why. However its important for him and his wife to believe the Church has a much bigger issue than anywhere else. I asked who is doing more? Noone has defended this or condoned this. As Pope Benedict said, this evil must be purged from our midst. I asked who has funded independent studies. As the church moves to investigate around the globe more will be in the news. It is a sign that action is be taken. I said I do not think there can be enough done to prevent these things from occuring and weeding out offendors. His response was to belittle reforms which both Orthodox and Protestant sects have praised and emulated. The Church publishes figures quarterly. It has instituted seminary evaluations, laity programs, law enforcement involvement and continues to develop and work on programs and provide counseling for those in need and encourage the abused to come forward. This has been a great help in weeding out the darkness. In society that still gives 3 month sentences to offendors and failed counseling we have a long way to go to discover how to best handle them. Putting them into the public and monitoring isnt the best of worlds either. Then there are false accusations as well. The results of the programs have produced much fruit, but evil always lurks within and out. There is no sure proof way. I said schools, churches, and institutions need guidlines and procedures to deal with these things. His response was to say well then you are the role model in a mocking way. Actually Christians should be the role models, but we fail. Those who marginalize their own issues, deny it exists in their ranks or take no action and point at the church and say we are not sinners like those Catholics who are way worse than everyone else are in denial. Herme made it quite clear his feelings on the Papacy in long tirades of posts when he initially came and here. He has said he did not believe we could ever be one but his story has changed on that depending on which way his emotions are running for the day. The guys is not cohesive or honest at all. I have never waivered like he does. The Patriarchs all had great respect for Pope Benedict who never wanted the responsibilities that come with it. He is a deep thinker quite brilliarnt really. He wanted to write and work on unity, but went where he felt God called him. The Joint commission of Catholic and Orthodox are talking about the role of the Bishop of Rome in the early church. Herme would go into convulsions if he saw what they agree upon. They are sharing documents they never have before. The Papacy is not a dicatorship as many people believe. Patriarchs and prominent theologians have admitted they have dismissed the Catholic arguments without proper review. That time has come. They prayed together that we be one as the Lord wished us and acknowledged that pride is no replacement of seeking the truth. I could go into great detail but this is not a place where meaningful dialouge takes place. Contantinople attending the ceromony of Francis should tell you alot how they have warmed. The King had 12 ministers in Israel. One was the Key Holder. All Jewish rabbis held authority to bind and loose, but not to the exlusion of the high priest. Jesus is the King and he gave the keys to Peter. Isaiah 22:22.
Clay

United States

#429671 Mar 25, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
But Clay, the error you make is that the Fourth Commandment is in God's Holy Law. Immutable and never changeable.
You do keep the Ten Comandments, don't you? Most Christians claim to. at least nine of them. You don't have to be a Jew to keep 9 of them, so why do you have to to keep #4?
Jesus Christ (God Himself manifested on Earth) gave authority to His Apostles.
Authority that Heaven and all the Angels would recognize as valid.
If you're going to claim yourself a Christian, you need to recognize that the Apostles established Sunday as the Lords day. This is what they commanded. Heaven acknowledge it as valid.(Matthew 16:19)

If you want to undo their authority and invent a 'joint' Judaism/Christian religion then you're acting on your own accord and without the authority to make such decisions.
Clay

United States

#429672 Mar 25, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
John 13:33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
Jesus went to His Father in Heaven after being with His friends for a few weeks.
So the good thief could come? Did he?
No. He awaits his resurrection. THEN he will see Jesus again.
Nobody goes to Heaven (or Hell) when they die. Jesus said so.
wow

Location hidden

#429673 Mar 25, 2013
He is a liar, the demon is a liar. He will lie to
confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us.
The attack is psychological ,Damien.
And powerful.
So don't listen, remember that, do not listen.'

The Exorcist
William Peter Blattey

Location hidden

#429674 Mar 25, 2013
Father Paisios of Mount Athos says that these thoughts which appear in our mind at the time of prayer are like airplanes. First, you hear them from afar very faintly as a noise without much intensity, then the noise grows and grows, and when they arrive over your head, they overwhelm you with their noise and then go away. But if you enter into conversation with these thoughts, they will make your heart into an airport.
Clay

United States

#429675 Mar 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Before I came to Topix, I was pro-reunion. I now believe that we stay separate, but respect each others faith. I also hope that both churches would stop declaring that they are the "True Church" and just walk humbly trying, despite many faults, to be forgiven and walk with Christ.
The latest argument arose when you and Sera implied that child sexual abuse is a Catholic thing; that its more in the CC than any other group -including the Orthodox Churches.
That's an absurd accusation Herm. We can conclude you simply meant to smear us.

Back to dialogue:
Hypothetically, If your Bishops get together and approve a reunification with Rome, would you obey their decision?

Location hidden

#429676 Mar 25, 2013
One of the things which is so difficult to come to terms with is the reality that when we bear anger and resentment and bitterness in our hearts, we erect barriers to God's grace within ourselves. It's not that God stops giving us His grace. It's that we say, "No. I don't want it". What is His grace? It is His love, His mercy, His compassion

On an even deeper level, this spiritual principle--do not react--teaches us that we need to learn not to react to thoughts. One of the fundamental aspects of this is inner watchfulness. Our watchfulness does not need to be focused on our thoughts. Our watchfulness needs to be focused on God

After all, if somebody says something nasty to us, how are we reacting? We react first through our thinking, our thoughts. Perhaps we're habitually accustomed to just lashing out after taking offense with some kind of nasty response of our own. But keeping watch over our minds so that we maintain that living communion with God leaves no room for distracting thoughts.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429677 Mar 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...No he was being smug, arrogant and condescending, because it is important for him to slander the Catholic church with unfounded charges. This was his reaction to me posting a Christian response from a group of Orthodox who were saying they have no right to point fingers at the Church and the reasons why. However its important for him and his wife to believe the Church has a much bigger issue than anywhere else. I asked who is doing more? Noone has defended this or condoned this. As Pope Benedict said, this evil must be purged from our midst. I asked who has funded independent studies. As the church moves to investigate around the globe more will be in the news. It is a sign that action is be taken. I said I do not think there can be enough done to prevent these things from occuring and weeding out offendors. His response was to belittle reforms which both Orthodox and Protestant sects have praised and emulated. The Church publishes figures quarterly. It has instituted seminary evaluations, laity programs, law enforcement involvement and continues to develop and work on programs and provide counseling for those in need and encourage the abused to come forward. This has been a great help in weeding out the darkness. In society that still gives 3 month sentences to offendors and failed counseling we have a long way to go to discover how to best handle them. Putting them into the public and monitoring isnt the best of worlds either. Then there are false accusations as well. The results of the programs have produced much fruit, but evil always lurks within and out. There is no sure proof way. I said schools, churches, and institutions need guidlines and procedures to deal with these things. His response was to say well then you are the role model in a mocking way. Actually Christians should be the role models, but we fail. Those who marginalize their own issues, deny it exists in their ranks or take no action and point at the church and say we are not sinners like those Catholics who are way worse than everyone else are in denial. Herme made it quite clear his feelings on the Papacy in long tirades of posts when he initially came and here. He has said he did not believe we could ever be one but his story has changed on that depending on which way his emotions are running for the day. The guys is not cohesive or honest at all. I have never waivered like he does. The Patriarchs all had great respect for Pope Benedict who never wanted the responsibilities that come with it. He is a deep thinker quite brilliarnt really. He wanted to write and work on unity, but went where he felt God called him. The Joint commission of Catholic and Orthodox are talking about the role of the Bishop of Rome in the early church. Herme would go into convulsions if he saw what they agree upon. They are sharing documents they never have before. The Papacy is not a dicatorship as many people believe. Patriarchs and prominent theologians have admitted they have dismissed the Catholic arguments without proper review. That time has come. They prayed together that we be one as the Lord wished us and acknowledged that pride is no replacement of seeking the truth. I could go into great detail but this is not a place where meaningful dialouge takes place. Contantinople attending the ceromony of Francis should tell you alot how they have warmed. The King had 12 ministers in Israel. One was the Key Holder. All Jewish rabbis held authority to bind and loose, but not to the exlusion of the high priest. Jesus is the King and he gave the keys to Peter. Isaiah 22:22.
Jesus loves you.
socci

Cameron, MO

#429678 Mar 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
Actually jethro the reason why we cannot prove a PHYSICAL evidence of God before your eyes and the eyes of many skeptics(which we all are generally),because He will not show Himself to prove His presence as the Creator of all of us.

<snip>
There is a glory of M A N,that is why JESUS had to come as MAN(Son of Man),so that HE could deal with the human manifesto that is basically not in alignment with the Manifest of God.

exactly, we have all known him personally recorded by all the historians of the time.

if you find proof for any other gods we will look at it but so far nothing.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429679 Mar 25, 2013
Duh!!!!!!

It's the worldwide, decades-long cover-up.

Decades of lies and denial.

It's blaming the media.

It's blaming society.

Not very becoming of a supposed "only true" church.

BUSTED...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429680 Mar 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
No. Catholic church and pope do not have authority over which books are canon.
-
Holy Spirit does. period.
-
It was the "HOLY SPIRIT" that guided the Early Church Fathers, to formed, compiled and interpreted the letters, documents, manuscripts and parchments from the writings, handed down by the Apostles....... The Early Church Fathers, prayfully discerned, for over 450 years, and interpreted the writings of the Apostles, through prayer, and meditation as they were "LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, to form the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397 AD.(as to which books should be included in the Canon!!....The Pope who (in the Apostolic succesion, beginning with Peter,( the vicar of Jesus Christs), is manifested (in and through OUR LORDS One True Apostolic Catholic Church),.... were given and received this authority (in Matthew 16:13-21) from Jesus Himself .......... You Protestants, beginning with Luther, decided to "throw out" seven of those books of the Bible Canon!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429681 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest argument arose when you and Sera implied that child sexual abuse is a Catholic thing; that its more in the CC than any other group -including the Orthodox Churches.
Back to dialogue:
Hypothetically, If your Bishops get together and approve a reunification with Rome, would you obey their decision?
When is the last time you watched TV? I guess all the new channels are smearing you also.Everyday you hear about your church.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429682 Mar 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
So where is the word "bible" or the words "bible only" or sola scriptura, or trinity, or "personal relationship with Jesus Christ"
___
SO WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY ...
THAT GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION IS CHANGED ...
FROM THE WAY IT IS DEFINED...
IN THE BOOK OF GENESIS.(THE BOOK OF ORIGINS)....
God's plan of Salvation is "clearly revealed" in the Gospels by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!----YET---you "refuse" to follow, adhere to, and believe the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus Himself. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ HIMSELF-revealed in the Melchisadeck Priesthood (New Testament)--and NOT in the Old Testament "Levitical Priesthood which was "done away with" when Jesus Christ was born.......... Quoting scripture verses in the book of Genesis is "further proof" that it is YOU CONFRINTING, that is the one who is "changing Gods Plan for Salvation"....... Jesus Christ One True Apostolic Catholic Church has adhered to JESUS' TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION, for over 2000 years.

Location hidden

#429683 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to dialogue:
When I smear your Church, you will know it. I have in depth research on every issue we differ with you on. I am a victim's advocate. That is my motive. I will speak up when I believe that the whole truth is not revealed about kids being abused. And examining what I have seen so far in history of this issue with regards to your church, based on a lifetime experience, I state there is not open disclosure nor accountability on this issue. If this is smearing your church would rather "smear your church" than have victims suffer. The only reason anyone would call this smearing the church is to change the focus. As I said out of respect I have not posted the research I have on virtually every issue we disagree on. As far as the Patriarchs go, what is this blind obedience that you perceive must be given to a man- a Pope, a Patriarch, a Bishop, a Priest? Our church does not work as a monarchy. Our church is the Body of Christ- the people. My bishop my priest and myself have many issues re reunion with the Catholic Church. Also I do not believe what I believe because I was told to believe it. My beliefs are based on my relationship with Christ, my study of the Bible, Church, Canons, Dogma,Councils,Tradition, Church History, and Prayer. And many many questions I have asked and have had successfully answered. If the Patriarchs violate any of this I will not change. The True Orthodox Church guards the faith.It does not hold to doctrinal develop as your church.If the Patriarchs change any core tenets in order to join the Catholics, I will wprk to preserve these tenets that have survived 2000 years. And I will find many Bishops that will do the same.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#429684 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ (God Himself manifested on Earth) gave authority to His Apostles.
Authority that Heaven and all the Angels would recognize as valid.
If you're going to claim yourself a Christian, you need to recognize that the Apostles established Sunday as the Lords day. This is what they commanded. Heaven acknowledge it as valid.(Matthew 16:19)
If you want to undo their authority and invent a 'joint' Judaism/Christian religion then you're acting on your own accord and without the authority to make such decisions.
~~~

You never cease to amaze me with you ignorant comments AND ARGUMENTS that you make that are so diametrically apposed to the word of God...

You MUST walk/live in abject darkness.

You wrote

WHAT YOU DENY ...THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN.... HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE

The Bible says ... That God has already done ...

READ IT ALL ABOUT IT HERE

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

-->NOTE HERE WHAT GOD HAS DONE BETWEEN THE JEW AND GENTILE<--

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429685 Mar 25, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I did not come on here to attack Catholics,this shows your brain is in the wrong place,drop your pants and let it get some air,i came here because i saw this ridiculous statement made by the catholic church knowing full well from the first day i came here it was a lie,i have read much history in the past and there is single church known to man that can make the claim of being gods true church,there is no authentic undeniable history to prove any church can make this claim.you just refuse to except the truth. because of your church,all others are suffering as well,people are walking away from organized groups,they are sick and tired of all the scandals,there joining bible groups and getting into these phony TV evangelists,sorry to say.that's part of the history of your church.SORRY FOR THE BRAIN JOKE COULDN'T HELP IT.
Like I said before---"Heretics, false teachers, and now "editorialist church historians, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church. formed, initiated and authenticated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------LIVES ON!!!-and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON!!----In-so-far as your comment. "people are walking away from organized religion"---(you are half-right) People ARE walking away from organized "Protestant" religion and (by the thousands) converting to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ (IN AND THROUGH) His One True Catholic Church..........growing 1.5% every years, while every Protestant denominationb (including bible only religions, are ALL declining!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#429686 Mar 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God's plan of Salvation is "clearly revealed" in the Gospels by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!----YET---you "refuse" to follow, adhere to, and believe the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus Himself. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ HIMSELF-revealed in the Melchisadeck Priesthood (New Testament)--and NOT in the Old Testament "Levitical Priesthood which was "done away with" when Jesus Christ was born.......... Quoting scripture verses in the book of Genesis is "further proof" that it is YOU CONFRINTING, that is the one who is "changing Gods Plan for Salvation"....... Jesus Christ One True Apostolic Catholic Church has adhered to JESUS' TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION, for over 2000 years.
~~~
THE TRUTH IS THAT .... THE WHOLE UNIVERSE GIVES WITNESSES....THAT

AND The track records PROVES your religious institution

IS THE TRUE APOSTATE Catholic Church ...

THE FIRST PROTESTANT CHURCH....

THAT BROKE AWAY... FROM ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CHURCH ...

THE EARLY CHURCH THAT CANONIZED THE BIBLE

ABOUT WHICH YOUR CHURCH LIES

ATTEMPT TO STEAL THE GLORY

BY CLAIMING YOU WROTE IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min ChromiuMan 5,568
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min Ratloder 118,742
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 30 min jeevan 1,130
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 96,409
ebola gay snapchat incest bestiality nwo pedo c... 1 hr WasteWater 8
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 1 hr I love it 55
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ChristineM 753,499
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Commander Bunny 262,067
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Blk Thndr 602,758
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr Chris Clearwater 174,524

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE