Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
414,121 - 414,140 of 537,133 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Would you believe anyone jethro who stood before you and said"I M HE the one who has created the heavens and the earth.?"
Actually jethro the reason why we cannot prove a PHYSICAL evidence of God before your eyes and the eyes of many skeptics(which we all are generally),because He will not show Himself to prove His presence as the Creator of all of us.
If you had a grand design or plan for the world,would you give the final segment of that design to be revealed before the PLAN was complete?
Over a span of times and years and centuries God reveals so many things about Himself.
At one time in history jethro,people used material things to identify the presence of a god(some do still to date).No one believed in a god who actually would dialogue with them or show them individual mercy and love.
Those who believed that a Supreme Being could actually be a loving ENTITY were considered rebels,insane or outcasts. That was the case for centuries,NOW we see a totally different view of God,even within the last 100 years.God is more so seen as a loving Creator NOW than ever in h i s t o r y.Why? Because He has allowed human beings to come to that conclusion,and not due to the philosophies of men.Peter,the Apostle was given from the very God Jesus came to represent,the reveleation that JESUS in fact was the Son of God,by the Holy Spirit.
God knows human nature,and we are skeptical,faithless and He has chosen that humanity must come to faith by choice,not by HE showing Himself all at once.
Besides jethro,how can God truly show to us all His better purpose,if we are not aware of the best MAN must offer first in comparison?
There is a glory of M A N,that is why JESUS had to come as MAN(Son of Man),so that HE could deal with the human manifesto that is basically not in alignment with the Manifest of God.It is about God's love for us as independent peoples of choice.God is allowing all human endeavor to come to the surface of life,before HE reveals the most powerful design of His Kingdom.
You want God to just reveal all to you N O W? Ask yourself why?NOT me or anyone else.Why do you want God to reveal Himself to you?Give that some thought,as you bring out the same reason why you do not believe that God exists. Or that we are not able to reveal Him to you.
Don't you see what you are asking jethro? You want me to prove to you God exists. I was created by Him,so were you,if you cannot prove God exists,than how can I a fellow created being reveal Him to you?
God did not say we are to prove....but, rather, to believe....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I do not wish to trash your Church. I believe in my heart that this illness in your church has not been sufficiently addressed. Thie does not reflect on your Church's deposit of faith or the Truth is presents.I believe that the real enemy of your Church is whatever is driving this illness.
I base my belief on many many years of working with offenders, victims, families and institutions.To say someone or some institution has a sickness is not to trash it but to try to help it. My heartfelt belief is, yes , the Catholic Curch has this problem of abuse and cover up more than others.
I agree with you,and with the same respect you are giving here as well.Not to trash the whole but,that what should be revealed is the deeper problem.

I have had similar thoughts as you express here.

Sexual sin has roots which are demonic,and often related to another hegemony of spiritual deliquency. The mind receives the suggestion and the fantasy,but the SOUL is where the sin of suggestion and fantasy take root,and the physical body responds to the same with readiness.

If the mind is darkened by self desire and lust,the soul can only receive it,when the mind does not reject that which is destructive to the soul.

We all have gone astray.I believe that priests are under a pressure that is even unknown to ministers of other persuasions.When a priest lives for the Lord and rejects the desires of his flesh,he is a marvelous person,I have met such priests who have live truly holy lives,both in the Orthodox and Roman rites.

Loneliness and sexual fantasy is used by Satan to lure the priest into those unsacred places,but subsequently to dishonor that which is sacred in himself and in the church he belongs to.

I do not believe for one minute that a whole group of homosexual men decided to infiltrate the RCC to defile it.The Enemy knows well how to entrap the human mind,pedophilia is about sexual immaturity.Most men who end up in that disgusting way,are not aware of their inordinate desire until faced with being alone,under much pressure,and living a double minded secretive life.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not say we are to prove....but, rather, to believe....
I hope jethro sees your post here.

"You ask me how I know He lives?He lives within my heart."

How are you doing Oxbow?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. Your Church corrected the problem. In fact your Church is at the forefront of how to deal with sexual abuse in the church. All other churches should follow your church's example. Perhaps the Orthodox can adopt your preventive policies when we all join together under your Pope who had been head of the Church since its beginning. Godspeed.
You are hoping for the Orthodox to be under the Roman Church,or that they work together as equals?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Free Mind,every JW I have meet is not causing trouble where they work,nor are they generally bad workers,they are trust worthy,and act with humility most of the time in public.Nevertheless,groups such as Jehovah Witnesses,7th Day adventists,Yahweh and so on(Mormons) have to rely on being strongly moral to be able to both be a n effective witness, and convert others to their cause.
Christians of many denominations have learned this,but there is a falling away,first in morals.We are seeing that the youth of all groups challenge the beliefs of their parents,often causing grief b y their actions.
We all have"sinned and come short of the glory of God." That morality some seem to have on the surface that really looks good is praiseworthy,but often is a facade as well.N o one has the complete truth ,"WE all see in part..."
It is great that we are moral before God,and that we have a standard,but when we fall,we must be even more understanding and willing to support and encourage each other for the healing of our spirit and mind,which is flawed by sin.
Thank you for your comment,we all have the same access to the Same Spirit,I am glad you are praying for others.May God bless you as you pursue HIM who is not only our Creator,but our Savior.
Thank you as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about this -- "the youth of all groups challenge the beliefs of their parents, often causing grief by their actions."

Every generation since Plato has observed the same. Youth is wasted on the young.

So are some sins IMHO.

Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
1. Jesus did not come to earth to destroy the moral law! Keep in mind that it was because that law could not be abolished that Christ had to die. Christ did not die so we could keep sinning. He died to provide us miraculous divine grace to empower us to keep the law.
1 John 5:2—“By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His commandments.”
Revelation 14:12—“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”
2. Some today claim that there has been no law since the death of Christ. But the Bible teaches that if there is no law, there is no sin! Indeed, without the law to identify sin, we cannot know what sin is. Apart from the presence of the law, sin does not exist.
Romans 4:15—“Where no law is, there is no transgression.”
Romans 5:13—“Sin is not imputed when there is no law.”
Romans 3:20—“For by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
Romans 7:7—“I had not known sin but by the law.”
1 John 3:4—“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law; for sin is the transgression of the law.”
It is the Ten Commandment law of God that the saints will keep. When asked,“Which law?” Jesus replied by naming several of the Ten Commandments (Matt 19:17-19). And the Apostle James did likewise (James 2:10-12).
3. It is the ceremonial law, the law of Old Testament sacrifices, which ended at the cross.
The only thing abolished at the cross was the ceremonial law, contained in ordinances. They were the sacrificial laws. After Christ’s death, it was no longer necessary to sacrifice lambs at the Temple, for Christ, our Lamb, had died. But, after the death of Christ, we were still obligated to keep the moral law.
So Clay, Innatius may have been wrongly translated by you!
"1. Jesus did not come to earth to destroy the moral law! Keep in mind that it was because that law could not be abolished that Christ had to die. Christ did not die so we could keep sinning. He died to provide us miraculous divine grace to empower us to keep the law."

Are you saying when a person has been provided with miraculous grace, they no longer sin....ever?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I hope jethro sees your post here.
"You ask me how I know He lives?He lives within my heart."
How are you doing Oxbow?
At my age, if both feet hit the floor in the morning, at about the same time, chances are it will be a good day!!!

The "Golden Age" is not all that it implies!!! If it works..it hurts..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
A straw man...
is a scare crow...
A man outstanding in his field... no matter the weather...
He is a no-brainer has no guts...His arms and legs are tossed about by
every wind and doctrine, that comes by.
~~~
The worst problem with a straw man is that he has no heart.

He is firmly fixed/set in his position of emptiness and as dry as a last years bird's nest.

He is characterized in the new testament as..

Jud_1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you,

feeding themselves without fear:

clouds they are without water,

carried about of winds;

trees whose fruit withereth,

without fruit,

twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

In the Old Testament

His description is

Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous:

but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are hoping for the Orthodox to be under the Roman Church,or that they work together as equals?
no

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
At my age, if both feet hit the floor in the morning, at about the same time, chances are it will be a good day!!!
The "Golden Age" is not all that it implies!!! If it works..it hurts..
~~~

I guess I haven't come to the "Golden Age" yet...I am only 78...

(WILL BE 79 IN JUNE.).... I intend to "LIVE" until I die...

I refuse to accept what is generally called the "infirmities of the

Golden Age"...

My Bible tells me that...

Jesus came that I might have life and have it more abundantly...

I intend to keep my soul by the application of the word of God in my

existence...so that I might prosper and be in health ....

John wrote

3Jn_1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Did you lift up your soul for idols that you know yourself?

Did you need be scare of your Lord?
No..you don't need be scare of your Lord..fullness of Mercy ..Omnipotent!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I guess I haven't come to the "Golden Age" yet...I am only 78...
(WILL BE 79 IN JUNE.).... I intend to "LIVE" until I die...
I refuse to accept what is generally called the "infirmities of the
Golden Age"...
My Bible tells me that...
Jesus came that I might have life and have it more abundantly...
I intend to keep my soul by the application of the word of God in my
existence...so that I might prosper and be in health ....
John wrote
3Jn_1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
~~~

Let me say here...My above post is not meant to BRING CONDEMNATION

OR CAST ASPERSIONS UPON those that are sick or in-firmed OR TO

INSINUATE THAT THEY ARE LESSER CHRISTIANS than myself...

The above is a STATEMENT... OF MY PERSONAL FAITH ...IN GOD..WHICH IS

WORKING FOR ME....-->as I

Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,

-->work out your/my... own salvation with fear and trembling.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

others try make limit of law..
your law is not my law..
victim don't need respect law of others..no

First your real Creator left law in space and time which others try posses for themself..but make limit for others..even your rule and leaders try search what so ever..i say to you your law is not my..if you believe in Jesus Christ he told you about love..he come fulfill law.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you,and with the same respect you are giving here as well.Not to trash the whole but,that what should be revealed is the deeper problem.
I have had similar thoughts as you express here.
Sexual sin has roots which are demonic,and often related to another hegemony of spiritual deliquency. The mind receives the suggestion and the fantasy,but the SOUL is where the sin of suggestion and fantasy take root,and the physical body responds to the same with readiness.
If the mind is darkened by self desire and lust,the soul can only receive it,when the mind does not reject that which is destructive to the soul.
We all have gone astray.I believe that priests are under a pressure that is even unknown to ministers of other persuasions.When a priest lives for the Lord and rejects the desires of his flesh,he is a marvelous person,I have met such priests who have live truly holy lives,both in the Orthodox and Roman rites.
Loneliness and sexual fantasy is used by Satan to lure the priest into those unsacred places,but subsequently to dishonor that which is sacred in himself and in the church he belongs to.
I do not believe for one minute that a whole group of homosexual men decided to infiltrate the RCC to defile it.The Enemy knows well how to entrap the human mind,pedophilia is about sexual immaturity.Most men who end up in that disgusting way,are not aware of their inordinate desire until faced with being alone,under much pressure,and living a double minded secretive life.
This is a very insightful post. I believe it nails it on he head as far as priests get entrapped by evil into such behavior. also must say that when I read your posts to others not of our faith, you give me hope that there are Christian hearts with sufficient relationship with Christ that can rise above the small mindedness, pride, and cruelty that I see here.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"1. Jesus did not come to earth to destroy the moral law! Keep in mind that it was because that law could not be abolished that Christ had to die. Christ did not die so we could keep sinning. He died to provide us miraculous divine grace to empower us to keep the law."
Are you saying when a person has been provided with miraculous grace, they no longer sin....ever?
No, I am not.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. This is what we call grace.
The Decalogue is there so we can see what sin is. Without the Law there is no sin.

If a traffic officer pulls you up and says you were speeding but there is no speed sign in a hundred miles, how can he ticket you?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are hoping for the Orthodox to be under the Roman Church,or that they work together as equals?
Before I came to Topix, I was pro-reunion. I now believe that we stay separate, but respect each others faith. I also hope that both churches would stop declaring that they are the "True Church" and just walk humbly trying, despite many faults, to be forgiven and walk with Christ.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

John 13:33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
Jesus went to His Father in Heaven after being with His friends for a few weeks.
So the good thief could come? Did he?
No. He awaits his resurrection. THEN he will see Jesus again.
Nobody goes to Heaven (or Hell) when they die. Jesus said so.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

cruelty
Wicket people can set up ..o yes to become beast as well judge you under law of wicket..
no its not real Creator law..definitely not.
http://bible.cc/genesis/18-25.htm
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
LOL...No he was being smug, arrogant and condescending, because it is important for him to slander the Catholic church with unfounded charges. This was his reaction to me posting a Christian response from a group of Orthodox who were saying they have no right to point fingers at the Church and the reasons why. However its important for him and his wife to believe the Church has a much bigger issue than anywhere else. I asked who is doing more? Noone has defended this or condoned this. As Pope Benedict said, this evil must be purged from our midst. I asked who has funded independent studies. As the church moves to investigate around the globe more will be in the news. It is a sign that action is be taken. I said I do not think there can be enough done to prevent these things from occuring and weeding out offendors. His response was to belittle reforms which both Orthodox and Protestant sects have praised and emulated. The Church publishes figures quarterly. It has instituted seminary evaluations, laity programs, law enforcement involvement and continues to develop and work on programs and provide counseling for those in need and encourage the abused to come forward. This has been a great help in weeding out the darkness. In society that still gives 3 month sentences to offendors and failed counseling we have a long way to go to discover how to best handle them. Putting them into the public and monitoring isnt the best of worlds either. Then there are false accusations as well. The results of the programs have produced much fruit, but evil always lurks within and out. There is no sure proof way. I said schools, churches, and institutions need guidlines and procedures to deal with these things. His response was to say well then you are the role model in a mocking way. Actually Christians should be the role models, but we fail. Those who marginalize their own issues, deny it exists in their ranks or take no action and point at the church and say we are not sinners like those Catholics who are way worse than everyone else are in denial. Herme made it quite clear his feelings on the Papacy in long tirades of posts when he initially came and here. He has said he did not believe we could ever be one but his story has changed on that depending on which way his emotions are running for the day. The guys is not cohesive or honest at all. I have never waivered like he does. The Patriarchs all had great respect for Pope Benedict who never wanted the responsibilities that come with it. He is a deep thinker quite brilliarnt really. He wanted to write and work on unity, but went where he felt God called him. The Joint commission of Catholic and Orthodox are talking about the role of the Bishop of Rome in the early church. Herme would go into convulsions if he saw what they agree upon. They are sharing documents they never have before. The Papacy is not a dicatorship as many people believe. Patriarchs and prominent theologians have admitted they have dismissed the Catholic arguments without proper review. That time has come. They prayed together that we be one as the Lord wished us and acknowledged that pride is no replacement of seeking the truth. I could go into great detail but this is not a place where meaningful dialouge takes place. Contantinople attending the ceromony of Francis should tell you alot how they have warmed. The King had 12 ministers in Israel. One was the Key Holder. All Jewish rabbis held authority to bind and loose, but not to the exlusion of the high priest. Jesus is the King and he gave the keys to Peter. Isaiah 22:22.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••