Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,561
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#429662 Mar 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I guess I haven't come to the "Golden Age" yet...I am only 78...
(WILL BE 79 IN JUNE.).... I intend to "LIVE" until I die...
I refuse to accept what is generally called the "infirmities of the
Golden Age"...
My Bible tells me that...
Jesus came that I might have life and have it more abundantly...
I intend to keep my soul by the application of the word of God in my
existence...so that I might prosper and be in health ....
John wrote
3Jn_1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
~~~

Let me say here...My above post is not meant to BRING CONDEMNATION

OR CAST ASPERSIONS UPON those that are sick or in-firmed OR TO

INSINUATE THAT THEY ARE LESSER CHRISTIANS than myself...

The above is a STATEMENT... OF MY PERSONAL FAITH ...IN GOD..WHICH IS

WORKING FOR ME....-->as I

Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,

-->work out your/my... own salvation with fear and trembling.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429663 Mar 25, 2013
others try make limit of law..
your law is not my law..
victim don't need respect law of others..no

First your real Creator left law in space and time which others try posses for themself..but make limit for others..even your rule and leaders try search what so ever..i say to you your law is not my..if you believe in Jesus Christ he told you about love..he come fulfill law.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429664 Mar 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you,and with the same respect you are giving here as well.Not to trash the whole but,that what should be revealed is the deeper problem.
I have had similar thoughts as you express here.
Sexual sin has roots which are demonic,and often related to another hegemony of spiritual deliquency. The mind receives the suggestion and the fantasy,but the SOUL is where the sin of suggestion and fantasy take root,and the physical body responds to the same with readiness.
If the mind is darkened by self desire and lust,the soul can only receive it,when the mind does not reject that which is destructive to the soul.
We all have gone astray.I believe that priests are under a pressure that is even unknown to ministers of other persuasions.When a priest lives for the Lord and rejects the desires of his flesh,he is a marvelous person,I have met such priests who have live truly holy lives,both in the Orthodox and Roman rites.
Loneliness and sexual fantasy is used by Satan to lure the priest into those unsacred places,but subsequently to dishonor that which is sacred in himself and in the church he belongs to.
I do not believe for one minute that a whole group of homosexual men decided to infiltrate the RCC to defile it.The Enemy knows well how to entrap the human mind,pedophilia is about sexual immaturity.Most men who end up in that disgusting way,are not aware of their inordinate desire until faced with being alone,under much pressure,and living a double minded secretive life.
This is a very insightful post. I believe it nails it on he head as far as priests get entrapped by evil into such behavior. also must say that when I read your posts to others not of our faith, you give me hope that there are Christian hearts with sufficient relationship with Christ that can rise above the small mindedness, pride, and cruelty that I see here.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429665 Mar 25, 2013
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429666 Mar 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
643
<quoted text>
"1. Jesus did not come to earth to destroy the moral law! Keep in mind that it was because that law could not be abolished that Christ had to die. Christ did not die so we could keep sinning. He died to provide us miraculous divine grace to empower us to keep the law."
Are you saying when a person has been provided with miraculous grace, they no longer sin....ever?
No, I am not.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. This is what we call grace.
The Decalogue is there so we can see what sin is. Without the Law there is no sin.

If a traffic officer pulls you up and says you were speeding but there is no speed sign in a hundred miles, how can he ticket you?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429667 Mar 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are hoping for the Orthodox to be under the Roman Church,or that they work together as equals?
Before I came to Topix, I was pro-reunion. I now believe that we stay separate, but respect each others faith. I also hope that both churches would stop declaring that they are the "True Church" and just walk humbly trying, despite many faults, to be forgiven and walk with Christ.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429668 Mar 25, 2013
John 13:33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
Jesus went to His Father in Heaven after being with His friends for a few weeks.
So the good thief could come? Did he?
No. He awaits his resurrection. THEN he will see Jesus again.
Nobody goes to Heaven (or Hell) when they die. Jesus said so.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429669 Mar 25, 2013
cruelty
Wicket people can set up ..o yes to become beast as well judge you under law of wicket..
no its not real Creator law..definitely not.
http://bible.cc/genesis/18-25.htm
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#429670 Mar 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are hoping for the Orthodox to be under the Roman Church,or that they work together as equals?
LOL...No he was being smug, arrogant and condescending, because it is important for him to slander the Catholic church with unfounded charges. This was his reaction to me posting a Christian response from a group of Orthodox who were saying they have no right to point fingers at the Church and the reasons why. However its important for him and his wife to believe the Church has a much bigger issue than anywhere else. I asked who is doing more? Noone has defended this or condoned this. As Pope Benedict said, this evil must be purged from our midst. I asked who has funded independent studies. As the church moves to investigate around the globe more will be in the news. It is a sign that action is be taken. I said I do not think there can be enough done to prevent these things from occuring and weeding out offendors. His response was to belittle reforms which both Orthodox and Protestant sects have praised and emulated. The Church publishes figures quarterly. It has instituted seminary evaluations, laity programs, law enforcement involvement and continues to develop and work on programs and provide counseling for those in need and encourage the abused to come forward. This has been a great help in weeding out the darkness. In society that still gives 3 month sentences to offendors and failed counseling we have a long way to go to discover how to best handle them. Putting them into the public and monitoring isnt the best of worlds either. Then there are false accusations as well. The results of the programs have produced much fruit, but evil always lurks within and out. There is no sure proof way. I said schools, churches, and institutions need guidlines and procedures to deal with these things. His response was to say well then you are the role model in a mocking way. Actually Christians should be the role models, but we fail. Those who marginalize their own issues, deny it exists in their ranks or take no action and point at the church and say we are not sinners like those Catholics who are way worse than everyone else are in denial. Herme made it quite clear his feelings on the Papacy in long tirades of posts when he initially came and here. He has said he did not believe we could ever be one but his story has changed on that depending on which way his emotions are running for the day. The guys is not cohesive or honest at all. I have never waivered like he does. The Patriarchs all had great respect for Pope Benedict who never wanted the responsibilities that come with it. He is a deep thinker quite brilliarnt really. He wanted to write and work on unity, but went where he felt God called him. The Joint commission of Catholic and Orthodox are talking about the role of the Bishop of Rome in the early church. Herme would go into convulsions if he saw what they agree upon. They are sharing documents they never have before. The Papacy is not a dicatorship as many people believe. Patriarchs and prominent theologians have admitted they have dismissed the Catholic arguments without proper review. That time has come. They prayed together that we be one as the Lord wished us and acknowledged that pride is no replacement of seeking the truth. I could go into great detail but this is not a place where meaningful dialouge takes place. Contantinople attending the ceromony of Francis should tell you alot how they have warmed. The King had 12 ministers in Israel. One was the Key Holder. All Jewish rabbis held authority to bind and loose, but not to the exlusion of the high priest. Jesus is the King and he gave the keys to Peter. Isaiah 22:22.
Clay

United States

#429671 Mar 25, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
But Clay, the error you make is that the Fourth Commandment is in God's Holy Law. Immutable and never changeable.
You do keep the Ten Comandments, don't you? Most Christians claim to. at least nine of them. You don't have to be a Jew to keep 9 of them, so why do you have to to keep #4?
Jesus Christ (God Himself manifested on Earth) gave authority to His Apostles.
Authority that Heaven and all the Angels would recognize as valid.
If you're going to claim yourself a Christian, you need to recognize that the Apostles established Sunday as the Lords day. This is what they commanded. Heaven acknowledge it as valid.(Matthew 16:19)

If you want to undo their authority and invent a 'joint' Judaism/Christian religion then you're acting on your own accord and without the authority to make such decisions.
Clay

United States

#429672 Mar 25, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
John 13:33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
Jesus went to His Father in Heaven after being with His friends for a few weeks.
So the good thief could come? Did he?
No. He awaits his resurrection. THEN he will see Jesus again.
Nobody goes to Heaven (or Hell) when they die. Jesus said so.
wow

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429673 Mar 25, 2013
He is a liar, the demon is a liar. He will lie to
confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us.
The attack is psychological ,Damien.
And powerful.
So don't listen, remember that, do not listen.'

The Exorcist
William Peter Blattey

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429674 Mar 25, 2013
Father Paisios of Mount Athos says that these thoughts which appear in our mind at the time of prayer are like airplanes. First, you hear them from afar very faintly as a noise without much intensity, then the noise grows and grows, and when they arrive over your head, they overwhelm you with their noise and then go away. But if you enter into conversation with these thoughts, they will make your heart into an airport.
Clay

United States

#429675 Mar 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Before I came to Topix, I was pro-reunion. I now believe that we stay separate, but respect each others faith. I also hope that both churches would stop declaring that they are the "True Church" and just walk humbly trying, despite many faults, to be forgiven and walk with Christ.
The latest argument arose when you and Sera implied that child sexual abuse is a Catholic thing; that its more in the CC than any other group -including the Orthodox Churches.
That's an absurd accusation Herm. We can conclude you simply meant to smear us.

Back to dialogue:
Hypothetically, If your Bishops get together and approve a reunification with Rome, would you obey their decision?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429676 Mar 25, 2013
One of the things which is so difficult to come to terms with is the reality that when we bear anger and resentment and bitterness in our hearts, we erect barriers to God's grace within ourselves. It's not that God stops giving us His grace. It's that we say, "No. I don't want it". What is His grace? It is His love, His mercy, His compassion

On an even deeper level, this spiritual principle--do not react--teaches us that we need to learn not to react to thoughts. One of the fundamental aspects of this is inner watchfulness. Our watchfulness does not need to be focused on our thoughts. Our watchfulness needs to be focused on God

After all, if somebody says something nasty to us, how are we reacting? We react first through our thinking, our thoughts. Perhaps we're habitually accustomed to just lashing out after taking offense with some kind of nasty response of our own. But keeping watch over our minds so that we maintain that living communion with God leaves no room for distracting thoughts.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429677 Mar 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...No he was being smug, arrogant and condescending, because it is important for him to slander the Catholic church with unfounded charges. This was his reaction to me posting a Christian response from a group of Orthodox who were saying they have no right to point fingers at the Church and the reasons why. However its important for him and his wife to believe the Church has a much bigger issue than anywhere else. I asked who is doing more? Noone has defended this or condoned this. As Pope Benedict said, this evil must be purged from our midst. I asked who has funded independent studies. As the church moves to investigate around the globe more will be in the news. It is a sign that action is be taken. I said I do not think there can be enough done to prevent these things from occuring and weeding out offendors. His response was to belittle reforms which both Orthodox and Protestant sects have praised and emulated. The Church publishes figures quarterly. It has instituted seminary evaluations, laity programs, law enforcement involvement and continues to develop and work on programs and provide counseling for those in need and encourage the abused to come forward. This has been a great help in weeding out the darkness. In society that still gives 3 month sentences to offendors and failed counseling we have a long way to go to discover how to best handle them. Putting them into the public and monitoring isnt the best of worlds either. Then there are false accusations as well. The results of the programs have produced much fruit, but evil always lurks within and out. There is no sure proof way. I said schools, churches, and institutions need guidlines and procedures to deal with these things. His response was to say well then you are the role model in a mocking way. Actually Christians should be the role models, but we fail. Those who marginalize their own issues, deny it exists in their ranks or take no action and point at the church and say we are not sinners like those Catholics who are way worse than everyone else are in denial. Herme made it quite clear his feelings on the Papacy in long tirades of posts when he initially came and here. He has said he did not believe we could ever be one but his story has changed on that depending on which way his emotions are running for the day. The guys is not cohesive or honest at all. I have never waivered like he does. The Patriarchs all had great respect for Pope Benedict who never wanted the responsibilities that come with it. He is a deep thinker quite brilliarnt really. He wanted to write and work on unity, but went where he felt God called him. The Joint commission of Catholic and Orthodox are talking about the role of the Bishop of Rome in the early church. Herme would go into convulsions if he saw what they agree upon. They are sharing documents they never have before. The Papacy is not a dicatorship as many people believe. Patriarchs and prominent theologians have admitted they have dismissed the Catholic arguments without proper review. That time has come. They prayed together that we be one as the Lord wished us and acknowledged that pride is no replacement of seeking the truth. I could go into great detail but this is not a place where meaningful dialouge takes place. Contantinople attending the ceromony of Francis should tell you alot how they have warmed. The King had 12 ministers in Israel. One was the Key Holder. All Jewish rabbis held authority to bind and loose, but not to the exlusion of the high priest. Jesus is the King and he gave the keys to Peter. Isaiah 22:22.
Jesus loves you.
socci

Cameron, MO

#429678 Mar 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
Actually jethro the reason why we cannot prove a PHYSICAL evidence of God before your eyes and the eyes of many skeptics(which we all are generally),because He will not show Himself to prove His presence as the Creator of all of us.

<snip>
There is a glory of M A N,that is why JESUS had to come as MAN(Son of Man),so that HE could deal with the human manifesto that is basically not in alignment with the Manifest of God.

exactly, we have all known him personally recorded by all the historians of the time.

if you find proof for any other gods we will look at it but so far nothing.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429679 Mar 25, 2013
Duh!!!!!!

It's the worldwide, decades-long cover-up.

Decades of lies and denial.

It's blaming the media.

It's blaming society.

Not very becoming of a supposed "only true" church.

BUSTED...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429680 Mar 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
No. Catholic church and pope do not have authority over which books are canon.
-
Holy Spirit does. period.
-
It was the "HOLY SPIRIT" that guided the Early Church Fathers, to formed, compiled and interpreted the letters, documents, manuscripts and parchments from the writings, handed down by the Apostles....... The Early Church Fathers, prayfully discerned, for over 450 years, and interpreted the writings of the Apostles, through prayer, and meditation as they were "LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, to form the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397 AD.(as to which books should be included in the Canon!!....The Pope who (in the Apostolic succesion, beginning with Peter,( the vicar of Jesus Christs), is manifested (in and through OUR LORDS One True Apostolic Catholic Church),.... were given and received this authority (in Matthew 16:13-21) from Jesus Himself .......... You Protestants, beginning with Luther, decided to "throw out" seven of those books of the Bible Canon!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429681 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest argument arose when you and Sera implied that child sexual abuse is a Catholic thing; that its more in the CC than any other group -including the Orthodox Churches.
That's an absurd accusation Herm. We can conclude you simply meant to smear us.
Back to dialogue:
Hypothetically, If your Bishops get together and approve a reunification with Rome, would you obey their decision?
When is the last time you watched TV? I guess all the new channels are smearing you also.Everyday you hear about your church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 750,482
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Tim Osman 118,644
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min feces for jesus 96,121
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 14 min USN Atheist 5,457
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 40 min MeHere 388
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 43 min WatUp 107
Gay snapchat names 52 min GoRebz 35
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 602,167
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 261,649
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE