Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687165 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429891 Mar 26, 2013
Looks like LTM and marge has some competition in the spam department!

WTG TL!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429892 Mar 26, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure he had not gone to prepasre a place that where he is they may be also and that will be at the resurrection not before.
I am positive that in the Scripture now being discussed there is nothing said about Him going to prepare a place for them...

Location hidden

#429893 Mar 26, 2013
863 820 794
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No - you repeated a version described by a man.
"John" is not "God". Nor are the men who chose Revelation to speak as if for "God". In fact, "John" is speaking for "God", not "God" for "God".
Why do you believe these men are truthful, yet shun all others?
You are confused.
Strike #1
If ever you view the Bible as the infallible Inspired Word of God, as being so, get back to me. At that time, I will be happy to share His Word with you..

Location hidden

#429894 Mar 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You can work to destroy my confident expectations.... if you pleas...
but your own expectations will be snared by the words of your own mouth.
The power of your own life and you own death is in your tongue.
~~~
Faith is not dependent upon logic...Faith does not depend upon the five senses.
Faith is
1. The state of expecting, with hope.
2. Prospect of good to come.
Psa 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
Psa 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
Psa 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psa 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. consider it.
Faith is ..being fully persuaded that what God has promise...He will perform.
It is ludicrousness for you to imagine.... that you can control what God has promised me personally..
I see nothing about faith in my post...look again:

Oxbow wrote:
849 832

Pure logic...
I know of no other way to reply to gibberish other than with gibberish..
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#429895 Mar 26, 2013
For those who have had NDEs, they don't agree with you.
http://www.near-death.com/
Many who lack knowledge of what scripture teaches would disagree with me too.
I quote from the prophets and apostles. Who do you prefer?

Show me how NDEs are scriptural.
Tabitha had actually died. She did not testify to a paradise.
Neither did Jesus' friend Lazarus and he had been dead for days and had began to decay.

Can you cite a person who had an NDE who had been dead and was stinking already who returned to life? I don't think so.
We'll see....
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#429896 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Twisting the truth to scare the masses is but just another tactic in use by so-called "Christians".
If one is to read the two lines before the uninformed poster's Job 14:12 passage, one will understand that these passage all have to do with the death of a man and his burial, as compared to the previous passages that tell of how a plant dies above the ground, but is still alive below the ground, after water is given.
You are misleading others with false doctrines.
Job compares the "dead" as material bodies, but not once does he actually say it, but references are to it aplenty. He speaks of his Spirit, after it dies. The transition from human to Spirit.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
What false doctrines, NASL?
I have given the texts and have many more to show they are all consistent.

Can you prove from scripture that I am wrong?

Death is a sleep and I can offer many verses which concur.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#429897 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.preparingforeternit y.com/dead.htm
What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.
Lazarus Is Dead
Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days. When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven. If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth. He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute. He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven. But Lazarus did not speak of heaven. Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him. Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.
Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned. "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."
Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth."
Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"
What part of this do you disagree with, NASL?
I'm curious as to why you think I am profering a false doctrine

Location hidden

#429898 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible speaks of a resurrection. ONE DAY when all who are in the graves HEAR HIS VOICE.
Nobody goes to Heaven when they die.
If they do, show me proof.
Jesus said... Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards. Meaning after He resurrects us.
That hasn't happened ... or was I left behind?
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

See "To day shalt thou be with me in paradise"? What does that mean to you?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429899 Mar 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Herme, Amen I almost shouted with joy when I read your post.
It is just that simple Herme.
love you Brother.
I always learn something new from your posts. Love you sister.

Location hidden

#429900 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again Christians are not immune to sin. It is WILLING sin which Jesus speaks of.
If you are born again, do you never sin?
If you have, was it your choice to?
You did not answer my question: If that does not speak of a born again Christian...whom does it speak of????!!!!!

You say: Willing sin means we have not surrendered our hearts to God.
Look again: 842 814
That is not what this says: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Look: "after that we have received the knowledge of the truth". If that does not speak of a born again Christian...whom does it speak of????!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#429901 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
863 820 794
<quoted text>
If ever you view the Bible as the infallible Inspired Word of God, as being so, get back to me. At that time, I will be happy to share His Word with you..
When you are honest and can admit fallible men cannot define an infallible entity, then YOU get back to me.

I'll be happy to share any words with you to help you understand.

Cheers!

Thanks for responding.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#429902 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, you misconstrue scripture SO EASILY.
The good thief didn't meet with Jesus in Heaven that day.
Jesus said, "Touch me not for I have not yet ascended unto the Father."
That was on a Sunday morning. Did that disappoint the good thief?
No. He sleeps with all other dead people until he is resurrected.
Jesus was on earth for SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER HE ROSE.
Not yet in Heaven. Isn't that plain? What part do you not understand?
"I say unto you this day, thou shalt be with me in Paradise."
Saying this day... not being this day. Your grandfather is dead. He will be until he is resurrected when Jesus comes. Whatever communicated with you who looked like granddad was an imposter.
One of Satan's crew. Get this, Preston...
http://www.what-happens-when-we-die.com/
1. Man is made from the dust of the earth and becomes a
living soul with the breath of life from God which is the spirit.
2. Fallen man is “mortal.”
3. Fallen man does not have an “immortal soul.”
4. It is not possible to communicate with the dead.
5. Death is a painless, unconscious sleep.
(No awareness of time.)
6. Jesus Christ died, was buried, and then rose from the dead.
7. Jesus Christ will resurrect believers at His Second Coming.
[email protected] try reading about where Jesus was at during those three days.1 Pet 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1 Pet 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
#4; Saul spoke to Samueland Sameul responded to him;(15-18) Samuel tells King Saul why the Lord will not speak to him.

Now Samuel said to Saul,“Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” And Saul answered,“I am deeply distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God has departed from me and does not answer me anymore, neither by prophets nor by dreams. Therefore I have called you, that you may reveal to me what I should do.” Then Samuel said:“Why then do you ask me, seeing the Lord has departed from you and has become your enemy? And the Lord has done for Himself as He spoke by me. For the Lord has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to your neighbor, David. Because you did not obey the voice of the Lord nor execute His fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore the Lord has done this thing to you this day.

anyway, you either have more guts than I do or you are much dumber than I would ever be as to call jesus a liar.

Location hidden

#429903 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Behold, the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice, and come forth, they that have done good, to the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation.~~Jesus Christ (John 5:28-29)
So why?
If they are in Heaven already, the resurrection is pointless.
When Jesus was dying on the cross the crucified thief right next to Him said,“Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
First of all, the thief’s question looked forward to the Second Coming, not the moment of death. The interpretation of Jesus’ response depends upon where you place a tiny particle called a “comma.”
The fact is, commas are not inspired, but were added over a thousand years later along with chapters and verses.
Did Jesus Christ say,“I say to you, today you will be with Me in paradise” or,“I say to you today, you will be with Me in paradise”(at the Second Coming)? Here is one translation that put the comma in the place that lines up with all other scripture.
Luke 23:43 TS98 “And Jesus said to him,‘Truly, I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
Is that clear now, Preston?
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
(KJV)

He replied to him,“Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.(NABre pope approved Bible)
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#429905 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say Paul would go straight to heaven bypassing Judgement day and the first resurrectio?
Or are you just assuming this?
Paul was not a fit man anymore and was burdened by sickness. He wanted to die, sleep until he was resurrected and then be with Christ. Just as the Bible says.
Absent from the Body, Present with the Lord.
Paul longed “to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 5:8.
The question is, would this transition take place at the moment of death, or at the Second Coming? Paul clarified in verse 4 that it would occur when “mortality” is “swallowed up by life”(verse 4).
When is this?
In his previous letter to the Corinthians, Paul wrote that “mortality” would be “swallowed up” when the resurrection of believers occurs at the end of the world.
“In a moment ... at the last trump ... the dead shall be raised ... this mortal must put on immortality ... then ... Death is swallowed up in victory.” 1 Corinthians 15:50-55.
Thus Paul expected “to be present with the Lord” at the Second Coming. He later wrote,“The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout ... the dead in Christ shall rise ... so shall we ever be with the Lord.” l Thessalonians 4:16-17. Jesus said we will be with Him when He “comes again.” John 14:1-3.
Because death is like sleep, it will seem like barely a moment until we are “present with the Lord.”
See Preston? Repent of your false doctrine.
what Scripture can you provides that states that Paul was sick[Paul was not a fit man anymore and was burdened by sickness}. your lies are catching up with you. BTW, since you knew my name as preston, you are the sda from down south, rnt u?

and if you are inferring that the "thorn in the flesh" is some kind of sickness, you are very wrong.

Location hidden

#429906 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Behold, the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice, and come forth, they that have done good, to the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation.~~Jesus Christ (John 5:28-29)
So why?
When Jesus was dying on the cross the crucified thief right next to Him said,“Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
First of all, the thief’s question looked forward to the Second Coming, not the moment of death. The interpretation of Jesus’ response depends upon where you place a tiny particle called a “comma.”
The fact is, commas are not inspired, but were added over a thousand years later along with chapters and verses.
Did Jesus Christ say,“I say to you, today you will be with Me in paradise” or,“I say to you today, you will be with Me in paradise”(at the Second Coming)? Here is one translation that put the comma in the place that lines up with all other scripture.
Luke 23:43 TS98 “And Jesus said to him,‘Truly, I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
See "this night".....not later...this nite!!!!

Location hidden

#429907 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
So why?
Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

See "carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom". Where is Abraham??? In Heaven where else????

Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Where is this guy??? See "in hell".

Albuquerque, NM

#429908 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Many who lack knowledge of what scripture teaches would disagree with me too.
I quote from the prophets and apostles. Who do you prefer?
Show me how NDEs are scriptural.
Tabitha had actually died. She did not testify to a paradise.
Neither did Jesus' friend Lazarus and he had been dead for days and had began to decay.
Can you cite a person who had an NDE who had been dead and was stinking already who returned to life? I don't think so.
We'll see....
"Who do you prefer?"

A: Jesus
- but I can see you didn't even use his quote accurately and then preferred to use "Paul" in the latter. Do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?

"Tabitha had actually died. She did not testify to a paradise.
Neither did Jesus' friend Lazarus and he had been dead for days and had began to decay."
- don't believe everything you read.
http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-...
- this is a good starting point to help you understand.

"Can you cite a person who had an NDE who had been dead and was stinking already who returned to life? I don't think so."
- "dead and stinking" - no.
- known an actual person who experience one - no.
- Do I believe there are people who have had them - yes

Here is a link to many people's tales.

Dr. Raymond Moody's landmark first book, "Life After Life" @1975 is actually a well-known book, as it was written from a Psychologist's perspective, and that it is very compelling and written well.

atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#429909 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy AKA Peston is a work in progress.
He places what Grandpaw says above what scripture plainly and in many verses teaches.
Then accuses me of false doctrine when what I say is straight from the pages of the Bible. WEIRD.
what my grandfather said?

lol. I was there, carl had been dead for around 20 minutes. he died even before we got there. and then he came back to life, and he described what he had seen while he was gone, as to how beutiful the hills were, etc. He would have loved and noticed that first since he was a hillside farmer, then he got down down to the essentials as he told me that the "greats in Heaven" had sent him back to tell me that I had a job to do for the Lord(educating ignorants such as yourself et al)and he spoke of Peter, Paul among others.

to many times, Have I saw NDE's while I worked in hospitals to deny that when people die they go immediately to hell or heaven. if you in your ignorance choose to believe otherwise, the truth will be revealed to you someday.Amen!

and if Karen is lurking, she also would give you the same witness that I am giving tonight.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#429910 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
See "To day shalt thou be with me in paradise"? What does that mean to you?
As I showed earlier, it is a matter of where the comma goes.
Jesus didn't go to Heaven for a few weeks after He was resurrected.
Jesus wasn't in heaven THAT DAY so it obviously means that Jesus SAID to him that day...

"I say unto you this day, Thou shalt be with Me in Paradise."

Many fall into this error and it is so simple to prove Jesus did not mean that the thief would bypass Judgement day or the resurrection of the just and go straight to Heaven.
A good study of Scripture shows that when we die, we are asleep in the grave until we are resurrected.

Jesus would not contradict Himself or the rest of the Bible. He said previously that believers go to Heaven “on the last day” when He “comes again.” John 6:39, 40, 44, 54; 14:1-3. QED.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#429911 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.preparingforeternit y.com/dead.htm
What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.
Lazarus Is Dead
Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days. When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven. If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth. He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute. He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven. But Lazarus did not speak of heaven. Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him. Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.
Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned. "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."
Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth."
Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"
no difference between Lazarus and my grandfather except the time. and the bible doesnt say that Lazarus didnt go to paradise or heaven, does it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton Foundation Scandals 1 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr exposingdolts 30,680
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 987,134
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 3 hr Doctor REALITY 3
BING keeps DOMINATING with "Homepage Magic" 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 hr Here For Now 619,788
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 14 hr Voice of Reason 3
More from around the web