Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,533
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429629 Mar 25, 2013
616 599 558
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>When someone harms another, who has less power, and victimizers them verbally or physically, a rat is one who turns away and pretends nothing happened.
Cut it anyway you like...dice it..slice it...vulcanize it...A rat is still a rat..and, that sir, is not characteristic of a Christian.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429630 Mar 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
If fundies want creationism taught in schools, I say yes!
However, no editing. Teach ALL of Genesis. The kids will love it - angels have sex and how many sons does God have? They need to hear about the giants in the earth too.
Teach it ALL..........
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Gen 6-4 probably explains Bigfoot. We should also teach the kids about Bigfoot.

We do teach all of the Bible in Christian schools and churches.

The Gen 6 giants are not the physically large people, which is a different Hebrew word. And they are not the result of angel babies. Angels being spirit do not procreate.

more here..

http://davelivingston.com/sonsofgod.htm

Physically large human giant is Hebrew: rapha (Deu 2:11)

a) old tribe of giants.
Clay

United States

#429631 Mar 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
No. Catholic church and pope do not have authority over which books are canon.
-
Holy Spirit does. period.
-
Did the Holy Spirit tell you or Luther that Tobit didn't belong in the Bible?
Clay

United States

#429632 Mar 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
-
This is the type of inexcusable ignorance I'm talkin about. I sometimes wonder if you guys worship Jesus or the Bible?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429633 Mar 25, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
We do teach all of the Bible in Christian schools and churches.
The Gen 6 giants are not the physically large people, which is a different Hebrew word. And they are not the result of angel babies. Angels being spirit do not procreate.
more here..
http://davelivingston.com/sonsofgod.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =07xhnRhwOaAXX
Physically large human giant is Hebrew: rapha (Deu 2:11)
a) old tribe of giants.
Does that explain Bigfoot maybe?
zeccec

Pittsburgh, PA

#429634 Mar 25, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……… Unfortunate Mistake?
I dont see the truth of the Church?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429635 Mar 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Does that explain Bigfoot maybe?

He's the missing link..*snicker*.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429636 Mar 25, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually... little foot

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/evolution/...

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429637 Mar 25, 2013
Clay
United States
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#4296321 hr ago

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
-
This is the type of inexcusable ignorance I'm talkin about. I sometimes wonder if you guys worship Jesus or the Bible?....JETHRO:if theory is true, it's accurate,the position of pope and the catholic church are not divinely created,they are created by man not god/Jesus or any of the saints they bow to,it's not a holy institution. history proves it.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#429639 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will deny you the grace you experience with Christ when you pray and read the Bible.
I just don't think you're getting the fullness of the graces God has for us as beings on Earth. Particularly the Holy Sacraments given by the Apostles before they wrote down anything for the NT.
Not to mention, your preacher is preaching a slightly different Gospel than what was originally preached...or in some cases, an exact opposite of what was originally preached.
Still, God in His infinite love for you and all Protestants, gives you graces every time you pray. I don't think any Catholic on Earth would deny that fact.
So we find it odd, that many of you in turn, condemn us and deny God could give any Catholic graces.
I personally find it odd that we call you guys our 'brothers and sisters' and you in turn, falsely accuse us of worshiping Mary and thus, headed to Hell for it.
Is there any dialogue we can build on?
Clay,if in fact we have a dialogue,this topic or this thread should soon end.I see the same arguments surface,and that will continue,as long as we see new posters with their bent. I am positive that if you met me personally,and I in turn you also,we would have a dialogue as brothers in Christ.(I thought you were a woman,are you?)Well at any rate,your beliefs basically do not bother me.because I for one have long learned to remain close to the Lord,and those who love Him,I can not reject.

Your claim to be in Christ is always alright in my book.I could basically care less if you talk to Mary every hour.If you believe that when you are taking communion,you are literally eating and drinking the Physical Christ,I do not care,it is no minus to my faith,and you alone know the spiritual blessing you receive doing so.

To condemn you to hell for praying to the Blessed Mother,is so ridiculous,and really that whole line of thinking is pretty much isolated to fundamentalism.

Every day I am in contact with Catholics,and other believers,and we encourage each other in Christ,as we are surrounded by people who have bought the lie of humanism and relativism.I have never tried in any way to convert Catholics to Evangelicalism,we share what is most basic and common to us all Christ.

Now if I meet a so-called Christian who does not know about a personal relationship with Christ I share with them,as carefully and tenderly as possible.

Clay, you will never have a good dialogue with any on here,because of the obvious,that you have seen on this thread for years.I do believe however,that most of the posters who do not agree with you,do care for you as a person,and would never wish harm on you,and only hope the best for you and your loved ones.

I realize that it is the organization that divides us,whether RC,Assembly of God,Lutheran,Church of Christ and so on,but true dialogue in Christ is NON-inflammatory or Condemnation.

Through the Scriptures we are compelled to love one another,as we all claim to love Him,who laid down His life for us(who are all sinners),in need of a Divine Savior.

Personally I do not agree with everything stated or posted by non-Catholics on this thread,and to constantly refute everything posted is wearisome.You and the other Catholics on here are doing a good job of refuting direct attacks against your organization.

I often respond to the arrogance I see on all sides,knowing full well we are all guilty of such,but that we need to really confront that arrogance in ourselves first before we try to remove it from others.

Actually we C h r i s t i a n s have enough to face in this world than to tear each other apart.NOW in this century the RCC is standing against the most vile of relative philosophies presented to all societies and Nations.

Every day we are confronted with commercials on TV for instance that is promoting gay marriage and so on.I am not trying to fuel a conversation on such,but all Christians need to understand a common ground or STAND we need to have on such.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429640 Mar 25, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing for sure, SDA's have a healthier lifestyle and as a group, they certainly live longer (well documented).

They also preach an environmental ethic, caring for others, and above all IMHO - religious freedom.

It sounds like God smiles upon the SDAs, as goofy as some of their beliefs seem to be (like the end-of-times predictions).

Roman Catholics on the other hand seem to really p*ss off God - shorter lifespans, higher crime rates, and more alcoholism.

That's OK if God dislikes RCs. They are still in my prayers.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429641 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
'Breaking Bread'(acts 20:7) is the Holy Mass. Sunday. This is what was taught. You guys showed up 1800 yrs later and undid it.
If you're interested in what the Apostles actually taught instead of what Ellen White taught, you can read the writings of their Disciples.
Here is what Saint Ignatius - who studied under John the Apostle had to say:
"Be not seduced by strange doctrines or antiquated fables, which are profitless. For if even unto this day we live after the manner of Judaism, we avow that we have not received grace...if then those who have walked in ancient practices attained unto newness of hope, no longer observing Sabbaths, but fashioning their lives after the Lords day, on which our life ALSO arose through Him and through His death which some men deny....how shall we be able to live apart from Him? It is monstrous to talk of Jesus Christ and to practice Judaism. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity"!!
Ignatius to the Magnesiums
Translation: If you want to be a Jew than observe Saturday.
But Clay, the error you make is that the Fourth Commandment is in God's Holy Law. Immutable and never changeable.
You do keep the Ten Comandments, don't you? Most Christians claim to. at least nine of them. You don't have to be a Jew to keep 9 of them, so why do you have to to keep #4?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429642 Mar 25, 2013
The Ten Commandments remain as an eternal law of love. Jesus Himself said about the commandment law. Mat 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled".

Ten, not nine.

Romans 16:26: God is Eternal - Psalm 111:7-8: The law is Eternal
John 4:24: God is Spiritual - Romans 7:14: The law is Spiritual
Psalm 145:17: God is Righteous - Psalm 119:172: The law is Righteous
Matthew 5:48: God is Perfect - Psalm 19:7: The law is Perfect
Luke 18:19: God is Good - Romans 7:12: The law is Good
Deuteronomy 32:4: God is Just - Romans 7:12: The law is Just
1 John 3:3: God is Pure - Psalms 19:8: The law is Pure
I John 4:8: God is Love - Romans 13:10: The law is Love
I John 1:5: God is Light - Proverbs 6:23: The law is Light
Psalms 48:1: God is Great - Hosea 8:12: The law is Great
Deuteronomy 32:4: God is Truth - Psalm 119:142: The law is Truth
Isaiah 5:16: God is Holy - Romans 7:12: The law is Holy
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429643 Mar 25, 2013
1. Jesus did not come to earth to destroy the moral law! Keep in mind that it was because that law could not be abolished that Christ had to die. Christ did not die so we could keep sinning. He died to provide us miraculous divine grace to empower us to keep the law.

1 John 5:2—“By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His commandments.”

Revelation 14:12—“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

2. Some today claim that there has been no law since the death of Christ. But the Bible teaches that if there is no law, there is no sin! Indeed, without the law to identify sin, we cannot know what sin is. Apart from the presence of the law, sin does not exist.

Romans 4:15—“Where no law is, there is no transgression.”

Romans 5:13—“Sin is not imputed when there is no law.”

Romans 3:20—“For by the law is the knowledge of sin.”

Romans 7:7—“I had not known sin but by the law.”

1 John 3:4—“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law; for sin is the transgression of the law.”

It is the Ten Commandment law of God that the saints will keep. When asked,“Which law?” Jesus replied by naming several of the Ten Commandments (Matt 19:17-19). And the Apostle James did likewise (James 2:10-12).

3. It is the ceremonial law, the law of Old Testament sacrifices, which ended at the cross.
The only thing abolished at the cross was the ceremonial law, contained in ordinances. They were the sacrificial laws. After Christ’s death, it was no longer necessary to sacrifice lambs at the Temple, for Christ, our Lamb, had died. But, after the death of Christ, we were still obligated to keep the moral law.

So Clay, Innatius may have been wrongly translated by you!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#429644 Mar 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!!!! I,We as Catholics, believe that we are ALL eucumentical bothers and sisters in Christ!
Unfortunately---bible only Protestants "DON'T agree"!
No I do not fully agree with your last statement,that is not the case.Many Christians who believe that the Bible is the only Word of God to confirm all righteousness and the Will of God,YES stand firm on using that Word to divide truth from non-truth,but for the most part,many understand and know that through prayer and experiencing the L O V E of Christ we must see God's design for all believers no matter the affiliation.

Ecumenicism is fine,but it has become also a forum for the liberals of all affiliations to gather momentum to foist their ideas on the rest of us as well.

However we can have a dialogue in Christ,because He is not divided,He is God,and has proven by His life as the Son of Man to be able to fulfill all righteousness and holiness for the whole body,not just segments of it.

WE are all called to serve Him,and His Word confirms how we should be united in Him,the Epistles especially give us the foundation of what is required to all of us as brothers and sisters in Christ.

To experience Christ in the New Birth and Spiritual life,is to unite us.We become part of the Self-Same Spirit.

I find many Catholics I see on a daily basis united with me in spirit,and they speak of what Christ has done for them,AS a brother in Christ I cannot and will not diminish the wonderful things Christ has done in an individual.

hojo Jesus is not a Catholic,and of course He is not a Protestant.Jesus is the Son of the Most High,and we know through SCRIPTURE,that He is the O N L Y begotten of the Father.The Bible hojo,is not a Protestant,Catholic or even a Christian B o o k,it is the Word of God,when we read it and meditate on it,we encounter G o d,the Father,His Son,and NOW for us all the Holy Spirit of Promise.

Christianity is fine for us to use to identify ourselves,but the truth is we must be identified with the PERSON of Jesus Christ,who alone is the Begotten of the Father of Lights.When I talk to any believer in Christ I see one who is identifying with H I M,not an affiliation.If a person has to identify him or herself with an affiliation,that has its merit,but when they align themselves with Jesus and speak of His Will in their lives,that is the RAW and powerful truth of what H E is.

To know Him is to know LIFE eternal,and to walk in truth,following His WAY.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#429645 Mar 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing for sure, SDA's have a healthier lifestyle and as a group, they certainly live longer (well documented).
They also preach an environmental ethic, caring for others, and above all IMHO - religious freedom.
It sounds like God smiles upon the SDAs, as goofy as some of their beliefs seem to be (like the end-of-times predictions).
Roman Catholics on the other hand seem to really p*ss off God - shorter lifespans, higher crime rates, and more alcoholism.
That's OK if God dislikes RCs. They are still in my prayers.
Free Mind,every JW I have meet is not causing trouble where they work,nor are they generally bad workers,they are trust worthy,and act with humility most of the time in public.Nevertheless,groups such as Jehovah Witnesses,7th Day adventists,Yahweh and so on(Mormons) have to rely on being strongly moral to be able to both be a n effective witness, and convert others to their cause.

Christians of many denominations have learned this,but there is a falling away,first in morals.We are seeing that the youth of all groups challenge the beliefs of their parents,often causing grief b y their actions.

We all have"sinned and come short of the glory of God." That morality some seem to have on the surface that really looks good is praiseworthy,but often is a facade as well.N o one has the complete truth ,"WE all see in part..."

It is great that we are moral before God,and that we have a standard,but when we fall,we must be even more understanding and willing to support and encourage each other for the healing of our spirit and mind,which is flawed by sin.

Thank you for your comment,we all have the same access to the Same Spirit,I am glad you are praying for others.May God bless you as you pursue HIM who is not only our Creator,but our Savior.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429646 Mar 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:

or simply an extinct species of ape

"The discovery of a more complete fossil skeleton of Homo habilis, although still quite fragmentary, considerably strengthens the contention of creation scientists that these creatures, while not the same as any one of the modern apes, were, nevertheless, simply apes, in no way related to man."

www.icr.org/article/275/

http://creationwiki.org/Homo_habilis

The entire fossil record is due to the global flood.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#429647 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the Holy Spirit tell you or Luther that Tobit didn't belong in the Bible?
Did the Holy Spirit tell you it did??
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#429648 Mar 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Policies are not written just to protect the church as you ignorantly and arrogantly suggest. You dont have a clue what the church has done nor do you care. You just want to argue. Go blow your smoke somewhere else.
D.S. you like most Catholic's have your hope and trust in your church to get you to heaven instead of just.
Or Mary Or saints, or pope, etc.
Everything above is died or dying,
Proverbs 3:5-7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,[b]
And strength[c] to your bones
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429649 Mar 25, 2013

Was Tobit written by an Apostle - who were directly inspired by Jesus?

In Roman Catholicism, additional books were added in 1546. These books are known as the apocryphal books: Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, The Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), and Baruch.
http://carm.org/what-canon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 763,321
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min WildWeirdWillie 174,991
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Aura Mytha 263,347
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 19 min Hatti_Hollerand 62
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 23 min real 33,132
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 49 min Mandela 119,177
Moses never existed 52 min Hidingfromyou 504
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 603,506
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search