Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429584 Mar 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your heartfelt beliefs are not facts. We acknowledged it, we have paid heavily for it. We have worked on it and still are. What you are cultivating is hate. Just read seres posts and the ones posted by the Protestants who cheer you on when you attack the church.
I am still going with the Orthodox statement I posted that you have no right to make claims like you do. The initiatives have been extensive and the church is global in nature. I would suggest you focus on the sickness in your institution rather than grandstanding with heartfelt beliefs rather than facts.
All churches, schools, insitutions need guidelines, practices and education and universal policies to deal with these issues. The best way to deal with offendors is something noone has an answer to. 3 month sentences are no answer.
Seminarians are now administered tests before being allowed, reporting policies, etc. have been implemented, training, laity councils to investigate, the involvement of civil authorities. We posted several times the numerous things the church has done and continues to do. The results of those efforts have already shown very positive results. I would like to see any institution that has done as much as the church.
To quote Pope Benedict, "This evil must be purged from our midst."
Interesting words from one who spent years denying the evil even existed in the first place.

Today, the sin of decades of lies and denial is quickly forgotten.

But it wasn't self-reflection and honesty that drove the RCC to the truth.

Nope, a police raids on a RCC bishops conference in Belgium helped the "teacher of perfect morals" see the light.

A few years after that, a RCC spokesman thanked the world media for forcing the RCC to confront the problem.

Yes, it's true! Jesus used the media to guide the RCC. They wouldn't listen to Jesus alone it seems.

BUSTED..........
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429585 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the information available in 2013, its not logical to assume the Bible appeared out of the sky and the Apostle passed it around for the folks to figure out their own Christianity.
I use that analogy because they use the Bible against the Church upon which it came.
Well, reason and logic suggests that's impossible since you'd have to agree the Holy Spirit evidently was with the Catholic Church during the compilation of the Bible. Right?
So now the dilemma people face is: thinking Christ Jesus let His Church get infiltrated and spread the wrong gospel for a thousand + yrs... only to have some born agains read the Bible and decipher their own 'truth'.
Is that last scenario logical?
The fundies are here to make the RCC seem less absurd.

You should thank them.

After that, you should ask yourself if the greatest power in the universe forgot most of humanity, or if maybe there is more than one path to understanding this great power?
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429586 Mar 25, 2013
This board worked all day yesterday to prove my point.

The actual teachings of Jesus are just a smoke screen for many Xians -- to validate themselves, not to honor a God of morals and ethics.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429587 Mar 25, 2013
The RCC's Gay Mafia...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-ne...

Scotland -- eerily similar to charges in Italy.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429588 Mar 25, 2013
Not the RCC's fault, just a few rogue Archbishops, Cardinals, and a Pope or two maybe....

“The Catholic Church here in Scotland, and I am ashamed to admit this, has justified itself to Catholic papers by telling lie after lie, denying charges that are true, and claiming they have been defamed when the facts reported in the press are quite simply true.”

The priest’s shocking revelations will be another blow to the Church hierarchy, already reeling from the claims that Cardinal O’Brien tried to seduce a number of trainee priests.

The 74-year-old quit as Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh after the accusations by former and serving priests emerged.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429589 Mar 25, 2013
iT'S ALL BEEN ADDRESSED UP-FRONT... hahahahaha

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-ne...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429590 Mar 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
565 558
<quoted text>
Won't do you any good...I am already taken....happily married for over 40 years...
You best stay with what you now have!!!!
I will pray for you also.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#429591 Mar 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundies are here to make the RCC seem less absurd.
You should thank them.
After that, you should ask yourself if the greatest power in the universe forgot most of humanity, or if maybe there is more than one path to understanding this great power?
God forgot humanity?? The Catholic Church is there now for the world to see. Billions watched Pope Francis step out on the balcony. Just like when the people around Jerusalem saw Christ in person; they mocked Him and walked away. Others stayed and killed Him.
His Church doesn't fare much better these days. Most saw the new Pope, mocked him and turned the channel. Many if they could, would kill him too. Truth is truth and people do not like to hear it. They didn't 2,000 yrs ago and they don't now. You can see this in how everyone makes things up; spread rumors and falsehoods about the Church so they can feel better believing lies about it.
They are modern day Scribes and Pharisees. They came at Christ swinging the Bible at Him and now they do the same to His Church.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429592 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
God forgot humanity?? The Catholic Church is there now for the world to see. Billions watched Pope Francis step out on the balcony. Just like when the people around Jerusalem saw Christ in person; they mocked Him and walked away. Others stayed and killed Him.
His Church doesn't fare much better these days. Most saw the new Pope, mocked him and turned the channel. Many if they could, would kill him too. Truth is truth and people do not like to hear it. They didn't 2,000 yrs ago and they don't now. You can see this in how everyone makes things up; spread rumors and falsehoods about the Church so they can feel better believing lies about it.
They are modern day Scribes and Pharisees. They came at Christ swinging the Bible at Him and now they do the same to His Church.
Clay writes -- "The Catholic Church is there now for the world to see."

True, and even most Catholics today reject much of the dogma and ritual. Imagine that!!! Most Catholics risk Hell by not attending weekly Mass.

Maybe they feel like me, that whatever Jesus is and was, He was one of the greatest teachers of morals and ethics in history.

One would never know it from reading the posts here.

2000 years, and only 5% of humanity actually practices the "fullness of the faith." That's it? Not a good commentary on the RCC and its "one-true" claims.

Maybe more introspection and less defining itself based on what others are not?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#429593 Mar 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay writes -- "The Catholic Church is there now for the world to see."
True, and even most Catholics today reject much of the dogma and ritual. Imagine that!!! Most Catholics risk Hell by not attending weekly Mass.
Maybe they feel like me, that whatever Jesus is and was, He was one of the greatest teachers of morals and ethics in history.
One would never know it from reading the posts here.
2000 years, and only 5% of humanity actually practices the "fullness of the faith." That's it? Not a good commentary on the RCC and its "one-true" claims.
Maybe more introspection and less defining itself based on what others are not?
So what? There wasn't 5% who stood with Jesus 2,000 yrs ago on the day He was crucified. And many of those knew the Christ personally!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429594 Mar 25, 2013
... And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

... For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,

... Covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness:

.... All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429595 Mar 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? There wasn't 5% who stood with Jesus 2,000 yrs ago on the day He was crucified. And many of those knew the Christ personally!
So Jesus' goal after 2000 years was and is to save 5% of humanity?

My God is greater than that.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429596 Mar 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
We Bible only Christians don't agree...because your conjecture cannot be found PROVEN in the Bible..
So where is the word "bible" or the words "bible only" or sola scriptura, or trinity, or "personal relationship with Jesus Christ" (IN THE BIBLE) that you "fundies" believe and preach!!The fact is-----!NOWHERE!!!----Bible Only "Bigotry and hypocricy" has corrupted your "editorial preaching"!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429597 Mar 25, 2013
590 565 558
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I will pray for you also.
Also it won't do you any good...I am already taken....happily married for over 40 years...

You best stay with what you now have!!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429598 Mar 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Jethro--but it remains "YOUR PROBLEM"! The reason is that you "fundies" came on this forum is (for one purpose only):--- to attack us as Catholics, our TRUE faith and salvation in Jesus Christ AND Our Lords Historically and Biblicall PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... When that doesn't get you "fundies" ANYWHERE---then you "desperately try" to disprove TRUE,AUTHENTICATED AND ALREADY PROVEN--Church History-(attempting to "make up and concoct" some (new (modernistic) Church History)....TRUE Church History -which has, is and will CONTINUE to be "held Sacred" as TRUE for over 2000 years.(doesn't change) just because you "don't like the TRUTH!!!....... Your "editorial opinion" Church History fiction myths are "nothing but more just more bible only (hot air) smoke that "goes whichever way the wind blows......
Heretics like you have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET--The One True Catholic Church formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-----LIVES ON---and will (continue) to LIVE ON---despite the "junk history opinions" that comes out of your distorted "mind, heart and soul! You are "WASTING YOUR TIME"! No Catholic believes the "rubbish" that you are "desperately" trying to "sprew out" on this forum>
I did not come on here to attack Catholics,this shows your brain is in the wrong place,drop your pants and let it get some air,i came here because i saw this ridiculous statement made by the catholic church knowing full well from the first day i came here it was a lie,i have read much history in the past and there is single church known to man that can make the claim of being gods true church,there is no authentic undeniable history to prove any church can make this claim.you just refuse to except the truth. because of your church,all others are suffering as well,people are walking away from organized groups,they are sick and tired of all the scandals,there joining bible groups and getting into these phony TV evangelists,sorry to say.that's part of the history of your church.SORRY FOR THE BRAIN JOKE COULDN'T HELP IT.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#429599 Mar 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratting on your associates does not display Christian love!!!!
~~~~~

Why are you so curt about Christian characteristics...

THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS...

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Jesus said..

ARE YOU ONE OF THESE

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#429600 Mar 25, 2013
who="Dust Storm"
LOL...Said the arrogant self proclaimed scholar who can't hold an argument with intellect so launches tirades of unsourced and untrue articles. Ignores Orthodox links and what is said by his Patriarchs so he can blast a tirade of emotions not based in fact. You are a sad person Herme and I could never tolerate you. You are nothing but a big ball of estrogen with no substance.
Adhominem tirades are for the weak. It is your calling.

HS spoke the truth, but you reply with nastiness. Ever hear of Amazing Grace. Try it...you will like it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429601 Mar 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I do not wish to trash your Church. I believe in my heart that this illness in your church has not been sufficiently addressed. Thie does not reflect on your Church's deposit of faith or the Truth is presents.I believe that the real enemy of your Church is whatever is driving this illness.
I base my belief on many many years of working with offenders, victims, families and institutions.To say someone or some institution has a sickness is not to trash it but to try to help it. My heartfelt belief is, yes , the Catholic Curch has this problem of abuse and cover up more than others.
Welcome back Herme - hope you are well and ready to tackle the world again!

;o)

Peace, love and happiness!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#429602 Mar 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Let's analyze what Jesus stated.
"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it"
"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it"
- we as humans will live on this Earth. We want to live. But when we begin to learn of the spiritual things in life, we are "saving" our lives, all the while, knowing we will die.['you'll lose it"]
"but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it"
- Although you have "lost your life through death, believing in Jesus while you were alive, indicates that you will be saved - finding that "salvation".
But you have fallen short of this goal. You chose to only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught. Unfortunately, you will continue to believe in that portion that is incomplete.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
"Although you have "lost your life through death, believing in Jesus while you were alive, indicates that you will be saved - finding that "salvation"

LOL!

you have fallen short of dying to yourself/sinnful nature NOW in this life since that's what it takes to become born-again in the spirit:)

Location hidden

#429603 Mar 25, 2013
599 558
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~
Why are you so curt about Christian characteristics...
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS...
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Jesus said..
ARE YOU ONE OF THESE
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
I do not see ratting as a Christian charismatic...

Judas ratted on Jesus..I cannot for the world of me understand how you see that sort of action as being of a Christian nature!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies, do u wear minis to get touched up or pu... (Nov '12) 1 min Lucy 1979 93
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min X Pendable 184,665
The 13 impossible crises that humanity now faces 3 min Squirtyy7755 2
Gen. Mattis Is Trump's SecDef Pick. Why That Is... 7 min Kizz2938 2
Horny snapchat usernames 10 min Rider1043 82
The Orwellian War on Skepticism 14 min Desirezzzz4251 2
Quote of the Day: There's No Such Thing as Fact... 18 min Charm7665 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr karl44 87,900
The Future of Politics in America 2 hr Insults Are Easier 177
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Crushy9254 284,475