Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670340 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#429563 Mar 24, 2013
Then he took Paul and Silas outside and asked, "Sirs, what do I have to do to be saved?"

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429564 Mar 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge I know exactly where you stand. You have a good heart. You were there for me when I was almost dead. The one who posted you never asked about me. You are a Christian. Also we have always been able to disagree and still show Christian love for each other.
Ratting on your associates does not display Christian love!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429565 Mar 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratting on your associates does not display Christian love!!!!
I will pray for you

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429566 Mar 24, 2013
565 558
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I will pray for you
Won't do you any good...I am already taken....happily married for over 40 years...

You best stay with what you now have!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#429567 Mar 25, 2013
''proven not in bible''
what that mean..please tell me who hurt you..i am not
i am honest others not..
word=meaning
example
i stop today after church between 12-1
but i promise myself not to look anywhere
o did i..no..oh i look again
about what?
word..oh i say its nice snake lunch..o did i nooo
did i have m oney..yes..few dillars not to much..no
but its very nice see..did i see that food..noooooo

i see kucica letters
if i asked my son..did he know that letters
yes it is..
no he not going tell me
he will say you are opsess..whats pro lem with you..ohhhhhhhhhhh
is that sin=no
depend about meaning
nao=straighten
see bible
then i look up up up
i see from that spot up stright=do you understood where satelite top of building..
don't tell me please nothing exist
nowwwwwwwww
if you liked be my friend never tell other stupid or in bible
it is see
i am not working for money
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Are you for sure God did not know honest heart..yes it is..then how you can express yourself..be honest with you..i walking with anger and tell to myself many things this or that..then i i cool myself talk in vain.
Are you for sure that symbol in vain?
no
nemoj kazat
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429568 Mar 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
We Bible only Christians don't agree...because your conjecture cannot be found PROVEN in the Bible..
WE HAVE GOD'S WORD WRITTEN DOWN...
WE HAVE THE WORDS OF JESUS...
You Confrinting "have nothing" except your OWN "editorialized (personal opinion)" as to what the written word of God "actually says and means!!!.... In addition, you have "heretically distorted" the TRUTH of the WORDS of Jesus HIMSELF, to "make it mean" ONLY what YOU want it to mean!!!----- THEN, you proceed to take it another step further (or better yet-another set "backwards") by "falsely claiming" to have the words of Jesus, and then (hypocritically) "reject, twist and manipulate" what the TRUE SPOKEN AND STATED words that Jesus "actually said" (over 2000 years ago), by "making up" your own "fictitious" "bible only" history book of legends and myths.
You Confrinting----don't speak for God and NEVER HAVE!!... Your ministry is "grounded in nothing but "bigotry, condemnation, lies and judgement against the faith and salvation of other TRUE AND FAITH-FILLED CHRISTIANS (especially Catholics)..Again---your wife KayMarie, is the ONLY TRUE (unifying ecumentical) CHRISTIAN in your family!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429569 Mar 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>We will pray for you...
You can pray for me to for strength to face the day coming ahead. As I will for all of you. Things are not looking good for this old world for sure.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429570 Mar 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BELIEVE IS ONLY WRITTEN IN YOUR CATECHISM...
WE BELIEVE IN BEING OBEDIENT TO JESUS AND WE ARE STRIVING TO LIVE BY THE WORD OF GOD...

We serve Communion and strive to follow God's word AS IT IS WRITTEN.
You, Confrinting, depend on "lies, heresy and distortion" to keep your "so-called" Christian ministry from "sinking deeper into the oblivion" then it already is!......... "Obedient to Jesus???.......Striving to live the word of God???.... Striving to follow God's word as it is written???...... Serve Communion (in Gods word) as it is written??...-----Oh---YOU MEAN like condemning and judging the TRUE Faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics.--Try reading I Cor 1:10!-----and YOU MEAN like serving communion by "editorializing" the TRUE WORDS OF JESUS HIMSELF in the Eucharist---Try reading John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD----and THEN YOU MEAN like "denying the TRUE WORDS OF JESUS in Matt 16:13-21 regarding His One True (Universal) Church--- authoritative--visible--histor ical---Try reading Acts 2 and Paul words in I Tim 3:15 regarding the Church (not the bible only) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!!.......You, Confrinting deceive "no one--except yourself" with your heretical ministry and preaching.....I, my family and We as Catholics continue to pray (each day at daily Mass) that Our Lord Jesus Christ, will lead you out of this "bondage" of vengeance, hostility and hate against Jesus HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, AND guide you into the TRUTH of HIS TRUE Salvation.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429571 Mar 25, 2013
is not say distorted..no
Your Creator created you.
You can created too.. find out meaning..
nao=kucica letter=straight=..when you look out of that door straight up=satelite show direction..not disorder..Are you for sure you joking?
sat set sit sot sut sat elite sat e l it e
at it er
Clay

Garden City, MI

#429572 Mar 25, 2013
marge wrote:
i could go on and on how deaf dumb and blind most of you are about God's Truth but i won't.
We are all sinners, including Mary the mother of Jesus
A True church could answer the question, What do I need to do to be Saved?
Well, one thing you could do is stop spreading rumors about the Blessed Mother.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429573 Mar 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This ALL becomes YOUR PROBLEM---not mine!!
not my problem at all,i did the research and the only history that says the catholic church is gods/jesus' true church is the history written by the church itself,so it is meaningless man made bull cookies.it's up to the church to prove they are not lying and they can't do that and neither can you,because you never post any authenticated true history,you just pass the buck,like your doing with your reply to my previous post "This ALL becomes YOUR PROBLEM---not mine!!",you can't prove a thing the church says is the truth about their traditions their catechism,and neither can they,because in the Vatican statement the pope read,he did not recite any historical proof that proved he was correct.

usa

#429574 Mar 25, 2013
16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (money...JETHRO:the church covets money more than it does god for it hoards it's riches, and does not makes friends with it......meaning they do not use it in a way that brings others into the kingdom of Christ.

usa

#429575 Mar 25, 2013
1timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.....jethro,more proof the church is false

usa

#429576 Mar 25, 2013
have a book published by christian author Thomas nelson entitled what does the bible say about...the ultimate A to Z.

usa

#429577 Mar 25, 2013
luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.....more proof
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429579 Mar 25, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>not my problem at all,i did the research and the only history that says the catholic church is gods/jesus' true church is the history written by the church itself,so it is meaningless man made bull cookies.it's up to the church to prove they are not lying and they can't do that and neither can you,because you never post any authenticated true history,you just pass the buck,like your doing with your reply to my previous post "This ALL becomes YOUR PROBLEM---not mine!!",you can't prove a thing the church says is the truth about their traditions their catechism,and neither can they,because in the Vatican statement the pope read,he did not recite any historical proof that proved he was correct.
Sorry Jethro--but it remains "YOUR PROBLEM"! The reason is that you "fundies" came on this forum is (for one purpose only):--- to attack us as Catholics, our TRUE faith and salvation in Jesus Christ AND Our Lords Historically and Biblicall PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... When that doesn't get you "fundies" ANYWHERE---then you "desperately try" to disprove TRUE,AUTHENTICATED AND ALREADY PROVEN--Church History-(attempting to "make up and concoct" some (new (modernistic) Church History)....TRUE Church History -which has, is and will CONTINUE to be "held Sacred" as TRUE for over 2000 years.(doesn't change) just because you "don't like the TRUTH!!!....... Your "editorial opinion" Church History fiction myths are "nothing but more just more bible only (hot air) smoke that "goes whichever way the wind blows......
Heretics like you have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET--The One True Catholic Church formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-----LIVES ON---and will (continue) to LIVE ON---despite the "junk history opinions" that comes out of your distorted "mind, heart and soul! You are "WASTING YOUR TIME"! No Catholic believes the "rubbish" that you are "desperately" trying to "sprew out" on this forum>
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#429580 Mar 25, 2013
"Did Jesus really exist? Is there any historical evidence of Jesus Christ?"

Answer: Typically, when this question is asked, the person asking qualifies the question with “outside of the Bible.” We do not grant this idea that the Bible cannot be considered a source of evidence for the existence of Jesus. The New Testament contains hundreds of references to Jesus Christ. There are those who date the writing of the Gospels to the second century A.D., more than 100 years after Jesus' death. Even if this were the case (which we strongly dispute), in terms of ancient evidences, writings less than 200 years after events took place are considered very reliable evidences. Further, the vast majority of scholars (Christian and non-Christian) will grant that the Epistles of Paul (at least some of them) were in fact written by Paul in the middle of the first century A.D., less than 40 years after Jesus' death. In terms of ancient manuscript evidence, this is extraordinarily strong proof of the existence of a man named Jesus in Israel in the early first century A.D.

It is also important to recognize that in A.D. 70, the Romans invaded and destroyed Jerusalem and most of Israel, slaughtering its inhabitants. Entire cities were literally burned to the ground. We should not be surprised, then, if much evidence of Jesus' existence was destroyed. Many of the eyewitnesses of Jesus would have been killed. These facts likely limited the amount of surviving eyewitness testimony of Jesus.

Considering that Jesus' ministry was largely confined to a relatively unimportant area in a small corner of the Roman Empire, a surprising amount of information about Jesus can be drawn from secular historical sources. Some of the more important historical evidences of Jesus include the following:

The first-century Roman Tacitus, who is considered one of the more accurate historians of the ancient world, mentioned superstitious “Christians”(from Christus, which is Latin for Christ), who suffered under Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius. Suetonius, chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian, wrote that there was a man named Chrestus (or Christ) who lived during the first century (Annals 15.44).

Flavius Josephus is the most famous Jewish historian. In his Antiquities he refers to James,“the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ.” There is a controversial verse (18:3) that says,“Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats....He was [the] Christ...he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him.” One version reads,“At this time there was a wise man named Jesus. His conduct was good and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who became his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive; accordingly he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders.”

cont
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#429581 Mar 25, 2013
cont
Julius Africanus quotes the historian Thallus in a discussion of the darkness which followed the crucifixion of Christ (Extant Writings, 18).

Pliny the Younger, in Letters 10:96, recorded early Christian worship practices including the fact that Christians worshiped Jesus as God and were very ethical, and he includes a reference to the love feast and Lord’s Supper.

The Babylonian Talmud (Sanhedrin 43a) confirms Jesus' crucifixion on the eve of Passover and the accusations against Christ of practicing sorcery and encouraging Jewish apostasy.

Lucian of Samosata was a second-century Greek writer who admits that Jesus was worshiped by Christians, introduced new teachings, and was crucified for them. He said that Jesus' teachings included the brotherhood of believers, the importance of conversion, and the importance of denying other gods. Christians lived according to Jesus’ laws, believed themselves to be immortal, and were characterized by contempt for death, voluntary self-devotion, and renunciation of material goods.

Mara Bar-Serapion confirms that Jesus was thought to be a wise and virtuous man, was considered by many to be the king of Israel, was put to death by the Jews, and lived on in the teachings of His followers.

Then we have all the Gnostic writings (The Gospel of Truth, The Apocryphon of John, The Gospel of Thomas, The Treatise on Resurrection, etc.) that all mention Jesus.

In fact, we can almost reconstruct the gospel just from early non-Christian sources: Jesus was called the Christ (Josephus), did “magic,” led Israel into new teachings, and was hanged on Passover for them (Babylonian Talmud) in Judea (Tacitus), but claimed to be God and would return (Eliezar), which his followers believed, worshipping Him as God (Pliny the Younger).

There is overwhelming evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ, both in secular and biblical history. Perhaps the greatest evidence that Jesus did exist is the fact that literally thousands of Christians in the first century A.D., including the twelve apostles, were willing to give their lives as martyrs for Jesus Christ. People will die for what they believe to be true, but no one will die for what they know to be a lie.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429582 Mar 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Policies are not written just to protect the church as you ignorantly and arrogantly suggest. You dont have a clue what the church has done nor do you care. You just want to argue. Go blow your smoke somewhere else.
Sure, like Jesus guided the RCC to use the power of diplomatic immunity against sexually-abused orphans and deaf children.

While applying your spin, don't forget to explain why Ireland withdrew their ambassador to the Vatican in protest.

For decades, the RCC acted to protect itself first, while leaving the victims to twist in the wind.

Maybe you could go on a comedy club tour and explain how this were the wishes of Jesus. After all, comedy clubs are where the words Roman Catholic Church are heard most often today. The audience would love to hear your excuses. They should go nicely with "it's all a fabrication of the American media."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429583 Mar 25, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
Your Pope expresses great joy on this Palm Sunday as Your Pope celebrates mass in Vatican Square with ALL the Faithful in Christ.
To the hundreds of millions of you wonderful endearing and kind-loving peoples of the world, may your hearts be always filled with the Holy Spirit.
As Your Pope prepares for the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ this coming Good Friday and His subsequent Resurrection from the dead, it is in His great Name that Your Pope prays for you one and ALL.
May the Peace and Joy and Blessings of Our Lord Jesus Christ be upon you and your families, now and forever. Amen.
Your Pope
Francis I
Chuck... the protocol is no "I" after the first name, until there's a Francis "II."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min another viewer 980,164
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 100,456
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 42 min Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,656
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 7 hr Libhater 58
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web