Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
413,781 - 413,800 of 538,747 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It's true history to the church only and the people gullible enough to believe it,but you can't blame them,since childhood it is drilled into them,how great the catholic church is,but children are never told about the dark side of the church,until it's to late, and some have become victims to it,it's sad. and what's sadder is nothing really is being done by governments about it,they want to be considered a country,then treat them that way,do what they do to other countries that step out of line,"sanctions" force the church to open all records to the number of priests,popes,bishops etc. that are involved,set up a bipartisan committee (13 people) made up of Catholics,protestants,baptists and a person from the orthodox church as well to revue their records at their expense and lets get to the whole truth before they shred all of their documents,and then punish the church accordingly.start with doing complete back ground checks of all church people from priest to pope.then go from there.
Your hate, hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted" your heart mind and soul against Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church,(has no relevance (to) and is "not dependent upon",---less than 2% of pedophile priests who have "committed sexual sins", have "gone against their vows and against the TRUE "teachings and doctrine" of the Catholic Church....... The Catholic Church, "always has and always will" teach that it is wrong to kill, steal, commit adultery, abuse children, sin, etc., but that does not guarantee that the 1.2+ billion Catholics around the world, "will not commit sin"!........ Jesus established, formed and initiated HIS One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL ares......... I/WE as Catholics adhere to and are members of Jesus' One True Church because it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH, and NOT because of the inappropriate CONDUCT of a few of its members.......... If you are going to judge the Catholic Church by the CONDUCT (of its members) then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were "sinners"!.... Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the (worst) of sinners....... This only shows how duplicitous,confused and (messed up) "bible only" Protestants are, in their ingrained, condemning, distorted anti-catholic heretical and hypocritical ---"thinking"!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Sice you disrespected my church I feel free to say this.The Orthodox Church mirrors the first church,not catholicism.Perhaps you should hold your own church up for reflection.
I complimented the Orthodox Church. I have the utmost respect for you all.
To be honest Sera, I've run into some very passionate Orthodox who really hate Catholics. It puzzles me. I was brought up and taught you were the other lung, but broke from the CC. Apparently you guys are taught different.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>nooooo say it isnt so! This cant be the True Church? LOL
Wow Sera, you're on a rampage! You just aligned yourself with ox to unite against Catholics!! Interesting.
Oh, then you brought up molesting Priests!
As if there is *more* in the CC than your Church.
But don't worry, i know everybody on here knows the truth about pedophiles in society. You guys simply use the subject as a desperate cheap shot.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate, hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted" your heart mind and soul against Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church,(has no relevance (to) and is "not dependent upon",---less than 2% of pedophile priests who have "committed sexual sins", have "gone against their vows and against the TRUE "teachings and doctrine" of the Catholic Church....... The Catholic Church, "always has and always will" teach that it is wrong to kill, steal, commit adultery, abuse children, sin, etc., but that does not guarantee that the 1.2+ billion Catholics around the world, "will not commit sin"!........ Jesus established, formed and initiated HIS One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL ares......... I/WE as Catholics adhere to and are members of Jesus' One True Church because it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH, and NOT because of the inappropriate CONDUCT of a few of its members.......... If you are going to judge the Catholic Church by the CONDUCT (of its members) then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were "sinners"!.... Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the (worst) of sinners....... This only shows how duplicitous,confused and (messed up) "bible only" Protestants are, in their ingrained, condemning, distorted anti-catholic heretical and hypocritical ---"thinking"!
my hate for the church is strictly child abuse cover-ups,denials and lies,and their false statement of being gods/jesus' true church.other than that i have no problem with the church that is going down the tubes thanks to their own handy work.I do not dis-like catholic people most are catholic in name only it means nothing to them,they were just born into a catholic family that's all.if what a post is wrong how come you post nothing that refutes it?? you just babble on the same old message a 1000 times over,never no true historical facts or anything.try posting something worth reading for once.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
with all do Respect. The Orthodox broke from the Catholic Church. Some Orthodox Churches have all but disappeared. There is no unified authority..you guys are dictated by whichever country you reside in. Some Churches - like the Russian Orthodox were pawns of their countries they lived in.. completely infiltrated and controlled by the state!
Clay, the Orthodox are closer to the original teachings than the RCC. If you ever took the time to do INDEPENDENT study, you might even agree.

As for being controlled by the state, you only need to go back a few decades and see how Mussolini could not have controlled Italy without support from the RCC.

That's why the Vatican is an independent state today with its own bank. And God has turned that on the RCC IMHO.

For centuries prior, the RCC leaned with whoever held power in Europe.

Those are irrefutable facts. If you don't like reality and facts, why not become a pentecostal fundie?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are chatty today; trying to preach the Bible now?
Many Christians do live by the Bible 100% as we understand it (which is much better than you).
There's nothing that says Christians cant see a doctor. If you are claiming medicine has anything to do with evolution theories you are mistaken. Evolution theory and science are two different things. Fixing a broken arm or giving advice about cutting fat from the diet requires no evolution theory.
During the Hebrew Temple Priest Law they stoned people for many things since they were to purify themselves to bring forth the Messiah, without which we would all probably not even be here. This law ended with the temple. Wikipedia fairly reports about this fact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery#Christi...
I dont eat shellfish or any other unclean scavengers any longer since getting baptized into the faith. Those laws still apply as God told his people was for food.
<quoted text>
Says you. The Bible defines its own words since it predates all dictionaries.
Rev 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
The "faith of Jesus" is Christianity. There are plenty of evidences for the faith of Christianity and the Bible's world history.
Your faith requires that you remain as ignorant as possible about evolutionary theory and modern medicine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

Soon, evolutionary biology will likely be required for admission to med schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_med...

Your inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which your mind builds around cherished belief.

Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning.

Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable.

REALITY 101 -- a few years ago during a court case that again sought to stop the teaching of evolution in schools in Kansas, some of your so-called creation scientists were given the opportunity to testify under oath.

Every single one refused.

You are told what you want to hear because that's how these so-called "scientists" make money. But not a single one would stand with you in a court of law under oath.

They KNOW they lie, but that's what you pay them to do.

Or, maybe the stars really are for signs and slavery is OK.

No matter, when it comes to inventing excuses, twisting and redefining words after the fact, you beat the Catholic Church hands down.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Question ...How does what you have posted relate to my former post..
I see no relevance.
You quoted Ezekiel. I quoted Ezekiel. Now you have context.

You need to believe in men with four faces and feet like cows, or you are just cherry-picking the Bible like people do with food at a lunch buffet.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the God-given right to refuse to accept the truth...
Everyone who reads the Bible as literal has a different perspective.

What is metaphor and what isn't?

Somehow through proper interpretation, you hold the keys to the greatest questions in the universe, but others do not.

And no one cares, so you are left spouting with those who do not on a Topix board.

How cruel -- if you are correct.

I don't believe God is that petty and arbitrary.

Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are chatty today; trying to preach the Bible now?
Many Christians do live by the Bible 100% as we understand it (which is much better than you).
There's nothing that says Christians cant see a doctor. If you are claiming medicine has anything to do with evolution theories you are mistaken. Evolution theory and science are two different things. Fixing a broken arm or giving advice about cutting fat from the diet requires no evolution theory.
During the Hebrew Temple Priest Law they stoned people for many things since they were to purify themselves to bring forth the Messiah, without which we would all probably not even be here. This law ended with the temple. Wikipedia fairly reports about this fact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery#Christi...
I dont eat shellfish or any other unclean scavengers any longer since getting baptized into the faith. Those laws still apply as God told his people was for food.
<quoted text>
Says you. The Bible defines its own words since it predates all dictionaries.
Rev 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
The "faith of Jesus" is Christianity. There are plenty of evidences for the faith of Christianity and the Bible's world history.
The Bible pre-dates all dictionaries?

In the Information Age, why not do a tiny amount of research before making claims?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictionary

Funny how the fundies use much of the Catholic Beast's translations for themselves.

QUESTION: When the RCC admits to making a mistake in a translation (as it did within the past year), does that change what fundies believe?

Nope, reality is not their ally.
Redneck Reb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Nothing wrong with seeing a Doctor, LUKE was a Doctor.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is quoted in Mt 24 and says nothing about Satan.
Then Luk 21 verse posted tells more of what happened when Rome surrounded the city.
In Mt 24 Jesus was asked two questions and gave two answers. One was about the soon destruction of the temple, the other about his second coming.
For more correct Bible commentary see Matthew Henry on this. Then compare to Dn 9:24-27 where the claim originates a 'gap' between weeks 69 & 70. There simply is no such gap. This was an invented false theology, by Rome.
Perhaps the book of Mark chapter 13 will help clear up your confusion.

http://www.theseason.org/mark/mark13.htm

The abomination of desolation occurs just before Christ returns. The desolator is Satan,NOT THE RCC. Read carefully the above link starting around verse 15. It is Satan that causes the abomination of desolation. The abomination is Satan standing in the temple claiming that he is God and it that move that will prompt Christ to return. These prophecies have not been fulfilled as of yet. Rome invading Israel was n0t the the abomination of desolation.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the book of Mark chapter 13 will help clear up your confusion.
The abomination of desolation occurs just before Christ returns. The desolator is Satan,NOT THE RCC. Read carefully the above link starting around verse 15. It is Satan that causes the abomination of desolation. The abomination is Satan standing in the temple claiming that he is God and it that move that will prompt Christ to return. These prophecies have not been fulfilled as of yet. Rome invading Israel was n0t the the abomination of desolation.
Actually start reading at verse 14 where it starts about the abomination of desolation and read carefully. Let him that readeth understanding.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Sera, you're on a rampage! You just aligned yourself with ox to unite against Catholics!! Interesting.
Oh, then you brought up molesting Priests!
As if there is *more* in the CC than your Church.
But don't worry, i know everybody on here knows the truth about pedophiles in society. You guys simply use the subject as a desperate cheap shot.
No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.What everyone on this forum( I assume your are talking about catholics)means nothing to me.....For the many months that Hermi and I have been away from this forum,we have been watching. And honestly,(us guys)are not using the corruption of your church as a cheap shot.IT IS FACT!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the book of Mark chapter 13 will help clear up your confusion.
actually Dual Prophecy and you can find it through out the scriptures.

Same with the return of the spirit and power of Elisha before Christ return.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke and a good laugh...thanks lol I find it very hard to believe that our beloved Lord would approve of the Cursades!
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.What everyone on this forum( I assume your are talking about catholics)means nothing to me.....For the many months that Hermi and I have been away from this forum,we have been watching. And honestly,(us guys)are not using the corruption of your church as a cheap shot.IT IS FACT!
Only the RCC could have such a worldwide sex-abuse problem, because it took a centralized hierarchy to guide such a cover-up on a worldwide scale.

What Catholics in the USA ignore is the uniformity of the cover-up on all inhabited continents for decades.

There is no way that abuse cases from Iceland to Ireland, and from India to Australia to the USA -- would all be handled by the local Bishops in the exact same way -- without centralized guidance.

The Vatican was in total denial mode, until a police raid on a Bishop's Conference in Belgium caused the Vatican to find Jesus - and some measure of honesty.

But even years after that, Ireland had to withdraw its ambassador to the Vatican, before the VBatican opened up about the crimes there.

I agree with your view that this crisis deserves more introspection and less denial. I believe the Cardinals finally agreed with you. Note that the new Pope could not be more different from "bulldog" Pope named Benedict.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What a joke and a good laugh...thanks lol I find it very hard to believe that our beloved Lord would approve of the Cursades!
Islam ivated christian countries throughout history , north Aferica were Chistian contries who were forced to become Muslum.Did God aprove of Hitler snd our war with him.I the dark ages Islam marched all the way to Franch, should we not fought them of or sould we have just been force to become Muslim.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, the Orthodox are closer to the original teachings than the RCC. If you ever took the time to do INDEPENDENT study, you might even agree.
As for being controlled by the state, you only need to go back a few decades and see how Mussolini could not have controlled Italy without support from the RCC.
That's why the Vatican is an independent state today with its own bank. And God has turned that on the RCC IMHO.
For centuries prior, the RCC leaned with whoever held power in Europe.
Those are irrefutable facts. If you don't like reality and facts, why not become a pentecostal fundie?
When Hitler was in power the Catholic Church opposed him ,you can read Catholic documernts during that era , it save more Jews then any other country , the pope was thanked by Isreal fo his help. I the pope to day said Islam and Mohomad was false and he was a false profit thouhands of Christians would be killed and that was the same delema the church had back then many Jews and priests would be killed .These are also facts.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What a joke and a good laugh...thanks lol I find it very hard to believe that our beloved Lord would approve of the Cursades!
True, and consider that thanks to the first "Holy Wars," Islam has been a fixture in that region ever since.

Did Jesus' only "true" and guided church really behave so badly and lose? Or is the claim itself pure BS?

Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived together in peace, until the armies of Rome started the wholesale slaughter under the banner of the Cross.

Does Jesus really guide such slaughter, entire cities, even when they surrendered?

Worldwide cover-up of child sex-abuse? The wholesale slaughter of innocents? Being against nearly every article of the Bill of Rights?

Jesus wasn't behind that and it wasn't the act of a few bad apples. That was all institutional in scope.

Let the denial and spin begin. It can all be "explained."
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

darrel wrote:
<quoted text>When Hitler was in power the Catholic Church opposed him ,you can read Catholic documernts during that era , it save more Jews then any other country , the pope was thanked by Isreal fo his help. I the pope to day said Islam and Mohomad was false and he was a false profit thouhands of Christians would be killed and that was the same delema the church had back then many Jews and priests would be killed .These are also facts.
True, it took awhile, but the Vatican finally figured out that Hitler wasn't a good boy.

But that didn't stop them from signing treaties that helped put the Italian populous on the side of Mussolini.

The RCC behaves in a manner dictated by politics. And it still maintains the ill-gotten gains it derived from cooperating with Hitler and Mussolini.

Odd that a "one true" church would be so wishy-washy in the face of such evil. Europeans see that better than we do from the Americas. So how is the RCC doing in Europe these days?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min JudgeNJury 257,830
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min KiMare 94,626
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Seraphima 599,769
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Liam 732,676
skype sex (Jun '13) 19 min girls united states 247
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 26 min girls united states 271
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 28 min Jolly 23,935
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min KiMare 226,234
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Chris Clearwater 173,271
•••