Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,683)

Showing posts 413,641 - 413,660 of511,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
Please tell me where is that church..gates of hell not going prevail..please explain.
HUGE topic which it takes all of the Bible and decades of understanding it to explain, but in short:

the 'Church' as Christ defines it, is His Body of believers as individuals united as one for the purpose of continuing to demonstrate & promote the Gospel which He started through His first advent.

the 'gates of hell', i believe is the kingdom of the darkness which exists behind the physical realm consisting of lucifer and a miriad of other fallen anglels, which opposes the Kingdom of God/Body of Christ on earth.

each one of us wills and chooses which kingdom we pledge our allegiance to promote, whether wittingly or unwittingly based on the moral decisions we make and philosophies we embrace.

i think that's about it in a nutshell:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So sucking up to Mussolini and Hitler was your God's wishes?
So much for stand up to the gates of Hell.
umm....Jesus and i never did that:)
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....Jesus and i never did that:)
Never said you did. Never said Jesus did. You are confusing Jesus with the RCC.

Who gave the Vatican independent state status? Why?

Who made it possible for the RCC to own its own bank? Why?

Any treaties between the two?

Hint.....

"When these agreements were signed in 1929, Mussolini’s popularity was at its highest. He had got what he wanted - the support from the members of the public who may not have supported the Fascists but who saw the Roman Catholic Church working with the Fascist government, and that by itself created a tacit acceptance of Mussolini’s government."

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/mussolin...

We know you are not allowed to believe certain facts, but the facts are not going away.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And I/we Catholics will "give you" the SAME answer! Where in the bible does it say that "every word, every phrase, every sentence, MUST BE IN THE BIBLE in order for it to be true!!...Furthermore--- Church History, records it, other disciples, followers and Christians "proclaimed the word Catholic (or Universal, or One Church)----(IN THE EARLY CHURCH) beginning in 070 AD and (even in the Churches that Paul wrote to :Ephesus, Thessalonian, Corinth, Philippi, etc. by Apologetic historian authors and writers that confirm it: both as Catholic and Protestant.--Send your "editorial opinions" to the New York times, L.A. Times, or the Mpls Star/Tribune, etc. Jethro8, and then you can "argue the word "Catholic" with the other bible only Protestants, whose bible only opinions have as much credibility as the "hog-wash" that it is printed in the National Inquirer.----There has, is and will (continue) to be "ONLY" (one truth) and that is in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one TRUE-Universal "Catholic Church"!!!
considering the bible is a man made hand picked set of books by a pagan group it is not reliable,not all the books are in there and the morons that put it together saw fit to burn i believe 27 books,so the bible is not an accurate complete source of information.since there is no other options you have no choice but to look in the bible,and nowhere does it state especially in your favorite book mat. that Jesus claimed the catholic church as his true church,he was not catholic or even christian,he was Jewish. i do not gop by hearsay it's not reliable,the only way you can prove that the catholic church is the church of Jesus Christ, you will have to find a passage where he states that fact,and no such passage exists and he never intended to create a religious denomination,his sole intention was to spread his fathers words,and his disciples were to do the same,not create different any type of group,jesus' church is simply "MY CHURCH" which he is the head of and who you answer to when you pass on,the pope, the traditions,praying to saints,changing the Sabbath,changing the commandments,are all heretical acts done by pagan/christian emperor Constantine and his band of 100 scholars.nothing holy or sacred about the catholic church,it's dark history that you refuse to except, tells you that in no way shape or form could it be the church Jesus speaks of building.it is built on the use of fear,death,abuse and thievery. if it were not for the roman empire the catholic church most likely would not exist,because the church did not have an army big enough in the beginning to do it's own looting and pillaging of the middle east,every artifact with-in the walls of the church is stolen property taken from conquered lands of the roman empire....try to prove me wrong,tell me where they got all the treasures they poses including the scriptures they used for the bible and the ones they burned,and the ones hidden to this day in their archives,god jesus did not give it to them so how did they aquire it??

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Adam wrote:
Homosexuals are forcing Jesus to come.There comes a time where the dreams of sodomites and lesbians to live in sin will reach their critical masses. Homosexuals practice will be everywhere from Kindergartens even up in the Vatican. I fear that the world could have a homosexual pope in the times of the anti Christ. Pray to god to safe the mankind from homosexuality and to delay the coming of the anti Christ the leader of the homosexuals.May god have mercy with us.
in the first book of the bible it states we are a creation of gods image,so he is creating straight people,gay people,bi-sexual people and pedophiles and people with bestiality tendencies,what you are is genetic,you are born into your sexuality,there are some who experiment sexually and they find their experience to be pleasurable,but for the most part you are born into your sexual desires.there has been one known pedophile pope,and it's possible that there could of been a homosexual pope as well,but the church would never tell,they are having a hard time admitting to the child abuse scandal.obviously gay people bother you,if they are not hitting on you or bothering you in any way what's the big deal? i work with and have a friend who is gay and they know i'm not and they respect that as i respect their right to choose what ever life style that makes them happy,the only lousy people in the world are people who are just plain ole nasty a-wholes, do not like people like that,they go out of their way to be mean rotten and nasty,given the choice i'd rather have a world of straight and gay people and do away with the a-wholes,and the world would be a nicer place. live an let live.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave who the permission to say what comes in the bible and what not?
no holy person did,it was created by a pagan/christian roman emperor along with 100 scholared unholy men.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.....it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith!!
MICHAEL says......the Pope stated yesterday meeting with many leaders of different traditional faiths that we are all in this together to strengthen humanity.
Doesn't sound like what you say everyday on here. You better get with the program or get left behind. Pope Francis has no time for people like you who claim superiority over others.
Sorry Michael, but you are still, "off base" as usual. I never said, nor ever claimed that the Catholic Church is "superior" over others! What I did say, is the Jesus Christs One True Church has been given the "FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH by Jesus Christ Himself as HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH--------(not the only Church) but the One True Church. Over 500 years ago, that FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH, has gradually been "rejected since the Protestant Reformation........ Martin Luther began the elimination of the "initial teachings, doctrines, biblical, Historical and Traditional TRUTHS that Jesus established in the Early Churches of Antioch, Galatia, Thessalonica, Colossus, Philippi, Ephesus, ect........that were headed by His Apostles!!! Luther began by discarding 7 books of the bible, Zingli, denied the Eucharist (as the True body and blood of Christ, then Hus, then Wycliff, then Calvin, Knox, Hedio, Flacius, Cranmer, Petri, Tyndale, Vadian, Viret, Capito, Beza and on and on ALL rejected something else (during those later 500 years) that Jesus, His Apostles and the Early Churches had held as TRUE Doctrine, the TRUE Faith and the TRUE Word of God in the Sacred Teachings of Jesus, taught by the Apostle.......We, as Christians ALL (remain) bothers and sisters in Christ, but all "anyone who is a Catholic" has to do is to listen to the distortion, lies, deceit and heresy that is being "thrown around" by bible only Protestants, to see the how much biblical and historical TRUTHS have been "rejected" by beligerence, hostile and vengeful(half-truth), Protestants heretics!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said you did. Never said Jesus did. You are confusing Jesus with the RCC.
Who gave the Vatican independent state status? Why?
Who made it possible for the RCC to own its own bank? Why?
Any treaties between the two?
Hint.....
"When these agreements were signed in 1929, Mussolini’s popularity was at its highest. He had got what he wanted - the support from the members of the public who may not have supported the Fascists but who saw the Roman Catholic Church working with the Fascist government, and that by itself created a tacit acceptance of Mussolini’s government."
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/mussolin...
We know you are not allowed to believe certain facts, but the facts are not going away.
friend, you don't hafta convince me that the RCC is of the kingdom of darkness and not the Kingdom of God; i've renounced my membership decades ago.

the RCC DOES NOT promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but rather it promotes the sacraments of the vatican.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>c .try to prove me wrong,tell me where they got all the treasures they poses including the scriptures they used for the bible and the ones they burned,and the ones hidden to this day in their archives,god jesus did not give it to them so how did they aquire it??
Like I told you before Jethro, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate, NOTHING to argue over and NOTHING else to consider. The TRUTH has, is and will always be "grounded in over 2000 years of historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and ONLY TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church. Begin by reading the Encyclical, followed by the Catholic Catechism, then the Apologistic historian authors and writer, TRUE Church History (confirms and documented as TRue) and then the Lives of the Saints. The TRUTH is ALL THERE! Nothing more to be said!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what Jesus wanted -- a church with zero accountability, but with lots and lots of excuses.
Sure, sure, that was Jesus alright?
And Jesus really didn't mean it when he said... "... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
That was all about the other guy. Jesus always taught that ethics and morals should take a back seat to ritual and dogma. "Go pray loudly"
Why don't you go and discuss, complain, and debate this, with your other "bible only" editorial (opinionated 42,000 other contradicting Protestants) who "have never, nor will ever" agree on ANYTHING, accept attacking the historical and biblical TRUTH of over 2000 years and Jesus Christ HIMSELF, who established and initiated HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Believe what you want!!! Makes "no difference" to ANY of us Catholics, who KNOW THE TRUTH!!!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told you before Jethro, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate, NOTHING to argue over and NOTHING else to consider. The TRUTH has, is and will always be "grounded in over 2000 years of historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and ONLY TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church. Begin by reading the Encyclical, followed by the Catholic Catechism, then the Apologistic historian authors and writer, TRUE Church History (confirms and documented as TRue) and then the Lives of the Saints. The TRUTH is ALL THERE! Nothing more to be said!!!
Like I told you before Jethro, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate, NOTHING to argue over and NOTHING else to consider.jethro:you say this because you can not truthfully answer my questions,because what i said was the truth,and you have no defense for the vile actions of the church,your true historians are catholics naturally they are going to spout history that favors the church,there not going to talk about the evil deeds of the church which are well documented....thank you for proving me correct.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Michael, but you are still, "off base" as usual. I never said, nor ever claimed that the Catholic Church is "superior" over others! What I did say, is the Jesus Christs One True Church has been given the "FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH by Jesus Christ Himself as HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH--------(not the only Church) but the One True Church. Over 500 years ago, that FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH, has gradually been "rejected since the Protestant Reformation........ Martin Luther began the elimination of the "initial teachings, doctrines, biblical, Historical and Traditional TRUTHS that Jesus established in the Early Churches of Antioch, Galatia, Thessalonica, Colossus, Philippi, Ephesus, ect........that were headed by His Apostles!!! Luther began by discarding 7 books of the bible, Zingli, denied the Eucharist (as the True body and blood of Christ, then Hus, then Wycliff, then Calvin, Knox, Hedio, Flacius, Cranmer, Petri, Tyndale, Vadian, Viret, Capito, Beza and on and on ALL rejected something else (during those later 500 years) that Jesus, His Apostles and the Early Churches had held as TRUE Doctrine, the TRUE Faith and the TRUE Word of God in the Sacred Teachings of Jesus, taught by the Apostle.......We, as Christians ALL (remain) bothers and sisters in Christ, but all "anyone who is a Catholic" has to do is to listen to the distortion, lies, deceit and heresy that is being "thrown around" by bible only Protestants, to see the how much biblical and historical TRUTHS have been "rejected" by beligerence, hostile and vengeful(half-truth), Protestants heretics!!
Sorry Michael, but you are still, "off base" as usual. I never said, nor ever claimed that the Catholic Church is "superior" jethro: you may not have said it,but the catholic church/pope has,they consider other churches inferior because they do not recognize the papacy/papal chair.so mikey is right in a way.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
Why don't you go and discuss, complain, and debate this, with your other "bible only" editorial (opinionated 42,000 other contradicting Protestants) who "have never, nor will ever" agree on ANYTHING, accept attacking the historical and biblical TRUTH of over 2000 years and Jesus Christ HIMSELF, who established and initiated HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Believe what you want!!! Makes "no difference" to ANY of us Catholics, who KNOW THE TRUTH!!!
-
-
Which statement is 100% TRUE:
-
Jesus said, "Call No Man Father."
-
or:
-
Jesus said, "Call Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope Father."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST = DEPENDENCY ON THE GRACE OF GOD

THE SACRAMENTS OF THE RCC = DEPENDENCY ON THE VATICAN

and never the twain shall meet!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Which statement is 100% TRUE:
-
Jesus said, "Call No Man Father."
-
or:
-
Jesus said, "Call Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope Father."
'call no man father' is true.

which statement here is true.

"Guest is purposely taken Jesus's words out of context to fuel her anti Catholic bigotry"

or

"Guest honestly believes Jesus meant a blanket statement that apparently the Apostles missed and all known Christians missed"

Did you pluck your eyes out for causing you to sin yet?
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/12.htm

Matthew 12:
30“Whoever is NOT WITH ME is AGAINST ME, and whoever DOES NOT GATHER with me SCATTERS.
-
-
you are not *with* Jesus if you disobey his direct command.
-
He directly commanded his followers to CALL NO MAN FATHER.
-
What about the word *NO* do you Catholics not understand?
Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
Eleven Facts About Peter the Apostle
ONE: We should consider Christ’s commission to Peter. This is often very embarrassing to Catholics, because Christ commissioned Peter to become chief minister to the CIRCUMCISED, not to uncircumcised Gentiles.(Gal.2:7-8)..."

You may have overlooked...

6* The apostles and the presbyters met together to see about this matter.

7* After much debate had taken place, Peter got up and said to them,“My brothers, you are well aware that from early days God made his choice among you that through my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.c

8And God, who knows the heart, bore witness by granting them the holy Spirit just as he did us.d
http://www.usccb.org/bible/acts/15

6 But from those who were reputed to be important

(what they once were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)

—those of repute made me add nothing.f

7* On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter to the circumcised,g

8 for the one who worked in Peter for an apostolate to the circumcised worked also in me for the Gentiles,

9 and when they recognized the grace bestowed upon me,

James and Cephas and John,* who were reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas their right hands in partnership,

that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.h
http://www.usccb.org/bible/galatians/2

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>in the first book of the bible it states we are a creation of gods image,so he is creating straight people,gay people,bi-sexual people and pedophiles and people with bestiality tendencies,what you are is genetic,you are born into your sexuality,there are some who experiment sexually and they find their experience to be pleasurable,but for the most part you are born into your sexual desires.there has been one known pedophile pope,and it's possible that there could of been a homosexual pope as well,but the church would never tell,they are having a hard time admitting to the child abuse scandal.obviously gay people bother you,if they are not hitting on you or bothering you in any way what's the big deal? i work with and have a friend who is gay and they know i'm not and they respect that as i respect their right to choose what ever life style that makes them happy,the only lousy people in the world are people who are just plain ole nasty a-wholes, do not like people like that,they go out of their way to be mean rotten and nasty,given the choice i'd rather have a world of straight and gay people and do away with the a-wholes,and the world would be a nicer place. live an let live.
God created two sexes and one sexuality.
Homosexuality is condamned in the bible.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I heard some clergy of the Protestant Church in the State bless gay couples at the altar .. Who commanded them to do that if it´s not Satan?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
I heard some clergy of the Protestant Church in the State bless gay couples at the altar .. Who commanded them to do that if it´s not Satan?

The pope in Rome who they work for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 413,641 - 413,660 of511,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

633 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Have you ever seen your parents having sex? (Jul '12) 2 min jeanie 39
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aura Mytha 216,169
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Dusty Mangina 89,359
Money is the God of USA (Aug '13) 7 min andet1987 45
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Aura Mytha 250,242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,056
if someone is smoking a cigarrette, what does i... 10 min andet1987 5
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 48 min Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 49 min Oscar 102