Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596860 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429128 Mar 22, 2013
Christ understood that His Church—His little flock—would be persecuted and despised by the world. Just before His crucifixion, He warned,“Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you”(John 15:20). In the preceding verse in the context, Jesus had reminded His disciples that “I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” Of course, Christ was persecuted, to the point of horrible crucifixion after a night of brutal torture. Therefore, the true Church could also expect to be persecuted—and hated! Those in it are not “of the world.” The world senses this and hates them for it (Rom. 8:7). Christ used Paul to record,“Yes, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution”(II Tim. 3:12). The word “all” means what it says!How many churches can you name that are small, persecuted, not of this world—and even hated because of it? Think about those you are familiar with. Do any fit this description? Surely not many!On the night of His betrayal, Christ prayed for His Church. Here is what He said:
“Holy Father, keep through YOUR OWN NAME those whom You have given Me, that they may be one, as We are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them IN YOUR NAME...I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through Your truth: Your word is truth”(John 17:11-12, 14-17).CONTINUED.

usa

#429129 Mar 22, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
jethro .. what is the C/P in "C/P CHURCH"?
it is the church of rome which was created by Constantine,the christian/pagan church,also known as the catholic church,if you check history books of modern day theologians,who spent ten+ years studying all religion denominations,you will see the catholic church is a combination of both religions,that is why it is not the true church,it is a creation of emperor Constantine who was pagan,but claimed to have a vision that changed his attitude towards Christians who were despised in Rome,the roman empire was quite large in his day and realized to keep both christian and pagans happy, he had to come up with an acceptable combination of the two religions,so he put together 100 scholars and put them to work to create this acceptable new religion,so they picked and chose books,most likely tweaked them to,added pagan dates for all religious holidays known today,and there you have the man made religious denomination known as catholic. which is not gods true church.

usa

#429130 Mar 22, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
jethro .. what is the C/P in "C/P CHURCH"?
read the other posts i'm putting right now you might find them interesting reading.what i am posting are quotes from a group of "13" (same no. as the apostles was chosen purposely)historians from different countries/backgrounds,and these are their writings about the true church of god.

usa

#429131 Mar 22, 2013
On the night of His betrayal, Christ prayed for His Church. Here is what He said:
“Holy Father, keep through YOUR OWN NAME those whom You have given Me, that they may be one, as We are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them IN YOUR NAME...I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through Your truth: Your word is truth”(John 17:11-12, 14-17).There are twelve separate places where the New Testament records that the true Church has been kept in the name of the Father—God. The first five refer to the entire Church, or Body of Christ, as a whole. The next four speak of a specific local congregation, while using the same term “Church of God.”(1) Acts 20:28: This verse is instruction to the elders to “feed THE CHURCH OF GOD.”
(2) I Corinthians 10:32:“Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to THE CHURCH OF GOD.”
(3) I Corinthians 11:22:“...or despise you THE CHURCH OF GOD, and shame them that have not?”
(4) I Corinthians 15:9: Paul wrote the same thing to two congregations:“For...I persecuted THE CHURCH OF GOD.”
(5) Galatians 1:13:“I persecuted THE CHURCH OF GOD.”
(6) I Corinthians 1:2:“THE CHURCH OF GOD which is at Corinth.”
(7) II Corinthians 1:1:“THE CHURCH OF GOD which is at Corinth.”
(8) I Timothy 3:5: Paul references any elder in a local congregation:“For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of THE CHURCH OF GOD?”
(9) I Timothy 3:15:“...behave yourself in the house of God, which is THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD.” This verse adds a descriptive word to God by using the term “living.”
(10) I Corinthians 11:16:“...We have no such custom, neither THE CHURCHES OF GOD.”
(11) I Thessalonians 2:14:“For you...became followers of THE CHURCHES OF GOD which in Judea are in Christ Jesus.”
(12) II Thessalonians 1:4:“So that we ourselves glory in you in THE CHURCHES OF GOD.”In the modern age, for corporate reasons, the Church of God may use an additional descriptive name to distinguish itself from other “Churches of God”—those merely appropriating God’s name, but not obeying His commandments, believing His true doctrines or doing His Work.continued
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429132 Mar 22, 2013
guest wrote:
we've had this discussion before.
I have debunked you.

The only thing you've debunked is the claim of your wisdom.

guest wrote:
for a "lab" experiment, such as this, to be accurate, it would have to have ALL THE ELEMENTS of what occurred in nature. Since we don't have the entire spectrum of atoms present on earth, or the billions of years necessary to *recreate* the actual experiment, we cannot repeat the experiment in any "lab".

To heat granite to a molten state?

The lab can produce all sorts of mineral, including something close to a diamond (some say diamond has now been made in the lab too) but they cannot produce granite due to its crystal inter-mix. Granite cannot be heated to a molten state, recooled, and remain granite. Confirms the biblical account of creation that says granite as we see today was created by God just 6000 years ago.

To refute Dr Gentry's other publish science on po218 this will need to be published, as yet not done, because there is no answer to the observed po218 with a half-life of >3min.

Noted 'guest' completely ignored the observed SNRs proving a young universe. The evolutionists have no answer either.

Many more evidences for a young universe...

http://youtu.be/jsht7HYNe6w

The Jesuit father of the pagan 'big bang' belief, George LeMaitre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaitre
The pagan belief predates darwinian theories to Babylon sun worship...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_astro...

While Wikipedia claims the universe is 14 billion years old they also claim man came from the apes. Each claim made in any encyclopedia has to be checked like any other source. Wikipedia admits they only allow the consensus on naturalist view and censor all others. They make no attempts to provide proof and cannot be used as a source or proof.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429133 Mar 22, 2013
Geology Professor at University of Tennessee Claims Granite Can Be Made in a Week!
video
www.halos.com/videos/index.htm
long version..
http://youtu.be/_7p_4s2ZkN0

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#429134 Mar 22, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
Not that I'm defending the RCC but according to scripture the anti-Christ is supposed to rise in the Middle East. Check out that word anti in the Greek and it actually means ....INSTEAD OF CHRIST... A word to the wise is sufficient.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429135 Mar 22, 2013

Apostolic Succession Debunked

In the episcopate of Nicholas I (Nicholas the Great), bishop of Rome AD 858-867, documents known today as the pseudo-Isidorean Decretals appeared on the stage of history. Contained in this fortuitous discovery were letters allegedly written by “popes” prior to Nicaea (AD 325) and from Clement 1 to Miltiades. All are blatant forgeries!(They had to be, for there were no popes and no papacy in that time frame.) The Donation of Constantine was shown to be a deliberate forgery in AD 1440 by Lorenzo Valla.
www.contenderministries.org/Catholicism/papal...

The Myth Of Apostolic Succession
http://youtu.be/4Nf9uTJ14VI
Jewish tradition laid groundwork for Catholic tradition. The Jews claimed to occupy the 'seat of Moses'!

Was Peter ever in Rome?

http://youtu.be/3g48PCqdmdA

Was Peter the First Pope

http://youtu.be/rALy6GPX4MQ
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429136 Mar 22, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Not that I'm defending the RCC but according to scripture the anti-Christ is supposed to rise in the Middle East. Check out that word anti in the Greek and it actually means ....INSTEAD OF CHRIST... A word to the wise is sufficient.

Agree "anti" can be opposite or in place of but there's nothing in scripture about any other AC than already here in Rome. The Roman Church is that antichrist or false christianity or another jesus with a man speaking blasphemy claiming to be 'vicar of christ'.

socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429137 Mar 22, 2013

Bible prophecy exposes the Roman Church before it ever existed.

• The Roman Harlot
http://youtu.be/toBOML5W4uQ

truth

Perth, Australia

#429138 Mar 22, 2013
commandments about what
please explain

we have free will on life
but not rights for proper life
now
i told you
evil is in matrix so long
me..oh if i died i hope you not cry
noooo
why should be

i need go cross of river then finish ordinary way thinking
its mean going on real meaning
tiny geometric card
i am still in my world
close where nothing exist..
who do that
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
did you need diploma for that
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
i don't wish diploma
i liked run away from myself
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#429139 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree "anti" can be opposite or in place of but there's nothing in scripture about any other AC than already here in Rome. The Roman Church is that antichrist or false christianity or another jesus with a man speaking blasphemy claiming to be 'vicar of christ'.
Read the following please...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/matthew/p...

One must also fully comprehend this phrase known as "THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION".

There are many anti-Christ's in the world today with the RCC being but one of many. However "THE ANTI-CHRIST" DEFACTO will rise in the Middle East, not in the RCC. The RCC will give their support to this entity though as will """"" all other"""" religions in the world

usa

#429140 Mar 22, 2013
Many New Testament verses show that the Church Christ built is unified—with all its members and congregations walking together in complete agreement with each other, and with God and Christ.An important point, demonstrating the unity to be seen in the true Church, emerges from Christ’s same prayer of John 17, on the night of His betrayal. Notice:“And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified [set apart] through the truth...That they all may be ONE; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be ONE in Us: that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them; that they may be ONE, even as We are ONE: I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in ONE; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them, as You have loved Me”(vs. 19, 21-23).
These are powerful statements! Christ intended that His Church be unified—“one”—no less than were He and His Father! There is no room for disagreement in a Church that is this unified. These verses describe a perfect oneness through the truth—the same kind of oneness that the Father and Christ enjoy. It is this kind of unity that allows true Christians to be “in” them—be in Christ and in the Father (vs. 21).
Even in the Old Testament, David recorded,“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in UNITY” Christ taught,“It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35). Practicing this way of life leads to the abundance, peace, prosperity, supreme happiness and joy all seek. The true Church of God follows the same way that Christ and the original apostles taught.(jethro:It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35),this certainly does not describe the C/P church,they take give back little)Churches of the world are based on men’s ideas. And although some of these tithe, keep the Sabbath, or do not keep pagan customs such as birthdays, Christmas and Easter, this does not mean these organizations are led by God. Churches of men teach a mixture of a little truth and much error, rejecting the great majority of truths found in God’s Word.(Recall Christ’s direct indictments in Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:9—and God’s instruction from the beginning in Genesis 2:17.) THE END.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429141 Mar 22, 2013
god not say nothing at all

in matrix is evil so long
byyyyyyyyyyy

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#429142 Mar 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Many New Testament verses show that the Church Christ built is unified—with all its members and congregations walking together in complete agreement with each other, and with God and Christ.An important point, demonstrating the unity to be seen in the true Church, emerges from Christ’s same prayer of John 17, on the night of His betrayal. Notice:“And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified [set apart] through the truth...That they all may be ONE; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be ONE in Us: that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them; that they may be ONE, even as We are ONE: I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in ONE; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them, as You have loved Me”(vs. 19, 21-23).
These are powerful statements! Christ intended that His Church be unified—“one”—no less than were He and His Father! There is no room for disagreement in a Church that is this unified. These verses describe a perfect oneness through the truth—the same kind of oneness that the Father and Christ enjoy. It is this kind of unity that allows true Christians to be “in” them—be in Christ and in the Father (vs. 21).
Even in the Old Testament, David recorded,“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in UNITY” Christ taught,“It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35). Practicing this way of life leads to the abundance, peace, prosperity, supreme happiness and joy all seek. The true Church of God follows the same way that Christ and the original apostles taught.(jethro:It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35),this certainly does not describe the C/P church,they take give back little)Churches of the world are based on men’s ideas. And although some of these tithe, keep the Sabbath, or do not keep pagan customs such as birthdays, Christmas and Easter, this does not mean these organizations are led by God. Churches of men teach a mixture of a little truth and much error, rejecting the great majority of truths found in God’s Word.(Recall Christ’s direct indictments in Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:9—and God’s instruction from the beginning in Genesis 2:17.) THE END.
Hello Jethro. How's it going today? If different denominations ( I hate using that word because denomination means division) have doctrinal differences does this mean, in your opinion, that they are not united or one in the body of Christ.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429143 Mar 22, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
One must also fully comprehend this phrase known as "THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION".
There are many anti-Christ's in the world today with the RCC being but one of many. However "THE ANTI-CHRIST" DEFACTO will rise in the Middle East, not in the RCC. The RCC will give their support to this entity though as will """"" all other"""" religions in the world

The RC is the beast of Daniel & Revelation. There is no 'The Antichrist'.

The AoD happened in 70 AD when Rome came and destroyed the temple.

Luke 21:20 "And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is near. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the middle of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto."

Also found in Dn 9:24-27 fulfilled 2000 years ago.

United States

#429144 Mar 22, 2013

United States

#429145 Mar 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it is the church of rome which was created by Constantine,the christian/pagan church,also known as the catholic church,if you check history books of modern day theologians,who spent ten+ years studying all religion denominations,you will see the catholic church is a combination of both religions,that is why it is not the true church,it is a creation of emperor Constantine who was pagan,but claimed to have a vision that changed his attitude towards Christians who were despised in Rome,the roman empire was quite large in his day and realized to keep both christian and pagans happy, he had to come up with an acceptable combination of the two religions,so he put together 100 scholars and put them to work to create this acceptable new religion,so they picked and chose books,most likely tweaked them to,added pagan dates for all religious holidays known today,and there you have the man made religious denomination known as catholic. which is not gods true church.
-
C/P christian/pagan that is what I thought it was ...
... and hoping it was. as it is accurate
truth

Perth, Australia

#429146 Mar 22, 2013
i think god know where i am..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#429147 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The RC is the beast of Daniel & Revelation. There is no 'The Antichrist'.
The AoD happened in 70 AD when Rome came and destroyed the temple.
Luke 21:20 "And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is near. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the middle of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto."
Also found in Dn 9:24-27 fulfilled 2000 years ago.
There is much that you are missing my friend.

http://www.theseason.org/luke/luke21.htm

Start reading at verse 21

Satan is the Desolator hence the Abomination that maketh desolate is Satan for he will stand in the Holy place proclaiming that he is Christ hence "THE ANTI-CHRIST" that I spoke of earlier. Remember the word ANTI means "INSTEAD OF" hence instead of Christ or THE ANTI-CHRIST. Satan will stand in the Holy Place and proclaim that he is Christ and the majorityof the world is gonna fall for it because of how he will look and the miracles that he is going to perform. Those that understand this is way ahead of the game . To be "ACCURATELY" forwarned is to be FORE-ARMED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 min ChristineM 444,417
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min USaWORLDWarMonger 856,385
Skanks At The Pool (Jul '08) 28 min Bellyflop22 37
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,728
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr USaWORLDWarMonger 177,239
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,107
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 5,865
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Bella Italia 612,660
More from around the web