Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,581
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429097 Mar 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Which statement is 100% TRUE:
-
Jesus said, "Call No Man Father."
-
or:
-
Jesus said, "Call Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope Father."
You have had this explained to you "fundies" over and over again
(many times), by Regina so here is in again!

A.
Catholics call their priests "Father" because in

all matters pertaining to Christ's holy faith they

perform the duties of a father, representing God.

The priest is the agent of the Christian's

supernatural birth and sustenance in the world.

"Father" is a title which does not conflict in the

slightest with Matthew 23:9. Christ forbids the

Christian to acknowledge any fatherhood which

conflicts with the Fatherhood of God – just as He

commands the Christian to "hate" his father,

mother, wife, and his own life, insofar as these

conflict with the following of Christ.(Luke

14:26). But Christ does not forbid Christians to

call His own representatives by the name of

"Father." Catholic priests share in the

priesthood of Jesus Christ (not a human

priesthood), and their sacred ministry partakes of

the Fatherhood of God. Like St. Paul (himself a

Catholic priest), every Catholic priest can refer

to the souls he has spiritually begotten as his

children in Christ.(1 Cor. 4:14). St. Paul

considered himself to be the spiritual father, in

Christ, of the Corinthians: "For if you have ten

thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many

fathers. For in Christ Jesus, by the gospel, I

have begotten you." (I Cor. 4:15). The title of

"Father" is entirely proper for an ordained priest

of Jesus Christ.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429098 Mar 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> jethro:you say this because you can not truthfully answer my questions,because what i said was the truth,and you have no defense for the vile actions of the church,your true historians are catholics naturally they are going to spout history that favors the church,there not going to talk about the evil deeds of the church which are well documented....thank you for proving me correct.
No!! I say this because I am "not going to waste my time" discussing bible interpretation, Church History or ANY Catholic Church doctrine with bible only Protestants, atheists or agnostics that have a "pre-determined anti-catholic agenda". You go "look up (THE TRUTH) of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and TRUE BIBLE INTERPRETATION "yourself"!!! Like I told you before--read the encyclicals, read the Catholic Catechism, read the biographical lives of the Saints, read the Apologist historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) and read TRUE CHURCH HISTORY of which you can find over 239 volumes that disprove everything you claim is true. HOWEVER--I/we as Catholics "all know that you won't read ANY of what I suggested to you"----because ---you would rather live in your "isolated world" of anti-catholic, vengeance, hostility and heresy, in which your "personal (editorialized) opinion" is--the final authority!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#429099 Mar 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! I say this because I am "not going to waste my time" discussing bible interpretation, Church History or ANY Catholic Church doctrine with bible only Protestants, atheists or agnostics that have a "pre-determined anti-catholic agenda". You go "look up (THE TRUTH) of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and TRUE BIBLE INTERPRETATION "yourself"!!! Like I told you before--read the encyclicals, read the Catholic Catechism, read the biographical lives of the Saints, read the Apologist historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) and read TRUE CHURCH HISTORY of which you can find over 239 volumes that disprove everything you claim is true. HOWEVER--I/we as Catholics "all know that you won't read ANY of what I suggested to you"----because ---you would rather live in your "isolated world" of anti-catholic, vengeance, hostility and heresy, in which your "personal (editorialized) opinion" is--the final authority!!!!
hey Hojo just so you know we have a ,true church agenda, not a anti-catholic agenda, blessings!

United States

#429100 Mar 21, 2013
guest wrote:
Once AGAIN: the Apostles never taught it ... because JESUS HIMSELF DID and THEY ALL got it the first time! They didn't need to elaborate on the simple, straightforward command of Christ.
-
Jesus COULD NOT HAVE MADE IT SIMPLER!
-
"Call No Man Father."
-
-
Absolutely, marge!
-
SATAN hates the truth and twists even the very words of Christ all out of recognition - Catholics believe the OPPOSITE of what Christ taught. Therefore, they believe EXACTLY what Satan taught.
Clay wrote:
wow. ok guest. you're going 'all in' with that.. just keep in mind if you're taking Our Lords words to mean something He did not intend it to be, it ain't gonna be good.
At least if I'm wrong, I can plead to God that I listened to the Church that told us those words were Biblical. So obviously I would accept their interpretations, rather than take it upon myself to form my own Christianity. I mean, the Bible didn't come labeled 'word of God' for us...
You seem to accept the authority of the Catholic Church that declared those words Biblical, then you reverse the meanings to use against the Church upon which they came!
So please don't tell me how 'Satan twists the truth'.
-
-
Clay: "At least if I'm wrong, I can PLEAD to GOD that I LISTENED to the CHURCH ..."
*if* you are wrong you can plead that the *Church* lied to you?
and the people on the topix board told you the TRUTH and quoted to you the direct words of Christ himself and STILL you refused to believe the DIRECT COMMAND OF CHRIST HIMSELF?
instead you chose to believe the CHURCH that ordered murders and torture?
the CHURCH that covered up for pedophiles?
-
Here's what Jesus has to say about those kinds of *leaders*, Clay, it's right there in Matthew 23 - shortly after he commands us to "call no man father..."
-
http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/23.htm

13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, YOU MAKE THEM TWICE AS MUCH A CHILD OF HELL AS YOU ARE."
-
-
-
You know Clay, you say the Bible didn't come *labeled* and you obviously don't trust what it says but by YOUR reasoning - ANYONE would be able to pick any religion and follow murderers and torturers and claim naïveté as some sort of *get out of jail free* card. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. Especially when Jesus' words are as plain and as simple as the nose on your face.
-
The Bible is NOT from the Catholic church. It has been preserved via Holy Spirit.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429101 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me, where did the Bible come from and how do you know the Books that are in it...belong in it?
This is important because you're using those Books to usurp the Church for supposedly not going by it.
The Church never said 'Peter was in Rome because its in the Bible'.
So whatever verses you slice and dice and zig and zag to prove Peter was never in Rome is stupid. The Bible simply does not say he was in Rome and does not say he wasn't. The fact is, it doesn't matter if he was or was not.
Sorry I called YOU stupid, I should have said your logic is stupid.
I don't think I'm interested in talkin with you, Soc. You need to seriously look in the mirror and lose this silly 911 conspiracy UFO Christianity. Its gotta be incredibly insulting to Jesus Christ to be that way.
usurp: to seize, take over, or appropriate (land, a throne, etc.) without authority

How dare Soc!!!!! Of all the nerve!!!! He seized, took over, land and a throne without proper authority!!!!

The very audacity!!!!! He needs to return those illegally gained possessions...NOW!!!!!

Location hidden

#429102 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting question not discussed a whole lot on here.
I'm guessing they have to believe the Earth is 5,000 or 10,000 yrs old to subscribe to sola scriptura. If they believe its millions of yrs old, then their going against the Bible! wow, what a pickle.
Quote: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

At what time in history is "In the beginning"?? Unless you know the answer, you, nor no one else, cannot possible know the age of earth.....
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429103 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
That's an interesting question not discussed a whole lot on here.
I'm guessing they have to believe the Earth is 5,000 or 10,000 yrs old to subscribe to sola scriptura. If they believe its millions of yrs old, then their going against the Bible! wow, what a pickle.

Many Catholics even have the common sense to reject evolution theories. Pat Buchanan was talking on tv how he views this.

This european professor took part in a creation film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maciej_Giertych
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429104 Mar 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:

Quote: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
At what time in history is "In the beginning"?? Unless you know the answer, you, nor no one else, cannot possible know the age of earth.....

The first day, verse 5.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429105 Mar 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
NONE of us Catholics, EVER claimed "superiority" and the other Churches inferior, just because we have the papacy and a pope (as the successor of St Peter) who speaks (THE TRUTH) for the Catholic Church,

Yet Jesus said he would send the Holy Spirit to each believer. Have you not read this?

http://bible.cc/john/16-13.htm
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429106 Mar 21, 2013

Location hidden

#429107 Mar 21, 2013
104 093
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The first day, verse 5.
And what date in history did this happen????!!!!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429108 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
tell me, where did the Bible come from and how do you know the Books that are in it...belong in it?
This is important because you're using those Books to usurp the Church for supposedly not going by it.

We have 36000 letters that cite scripture from pre RC councils. This and more proves the accepted books were in use long before Rome accepted them. What did the pope use before 312 AD?

Clay wrote:
The Church never said 'Peter was in Rome because its in the Bible'.
So whatever verses you slice and dice and zig and zag to prove Peter was never in Rome is stupid. The Bible simply does not say he was in Rome and does not say he wasn't. The fact is, it doesn't matter if he was or was not.
Sorry I called YOU stupid, I should have said your logic is stupid.
I don't think I'm interested in talkin with you, Soc. You need to seriously look in the mirror and lose this silly 911 conspiracy UFO Christianity. Its gotta be incredibly insulting to Jesus Christ to be that way.

The pagan Roman Church is not UFO it is historic fact. UFO does not exist. The pagan obelisk & sun wheel sits out in front of the Vatican.

You are aware it is the Vatican who not only advocates all the evolution big bangism even the Father of the 'big bang' but also has ufologist priest, Corrado Balducci? Do you know why the Vatican is perpetrating this ufo hoax on the world? Buckle your seatbelts.. the Jesuits need ET on other planets to support their big bang theories that claim there are planets with life all over the universe, not just on earth as the Bible says. These Jesuits claim the big bang formed everything, not God, thus according to these mad scientists God did not create or even exist!

There is no life anywhere in space. No ET no UFO. NASA & SETI have been looking since the 1960s and so far -- nothing.

Back on planet earth grounded in the word of God.

Location hidden

#429109 Mar 21, 2013
104 093
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The first day, verse 5.
And.....

Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Ge 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

How much time elapsed from Ge 1:1 and Ge 1:5?????!!!
James

Herriman, UT

#429110 Mar 21, 2013
Hey, Im Antiochian Orthodox...and it is an awsome faith I have...God Bless everyone and Happy Lenton season to u!!
James

Herriman, UT

#429111 Mar 21, 2013
I am a member of the antiochian Orthodox church and it is an awsome faith I belong to!! It is said orthodoxy is Americas best kept secret and it is so true. God Bless all and Happy Lent to u!
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#429112 Mar 21, 2013
Pope Alexander's Banquet of Chestnuts in 1501 was served by 50 whores. Prizes were awarded to those who had the most sex.
Is this your 'Holy Catholic Church' HOJO?
Was this the Vicar of Christ?
Was this the man chosen by God to lead the worlds Catholics, CLAY?
We can only hope that no one followed his lead.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429113 Mar 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
104 093
And.....
Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Ge 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
How much time elapsed from Ge 1:1 and Ge 1:5?????!!!

Oxbow, It reads seven literal 24 hr days. The 7th day God rested creating the Sabbath.

The genealogies are given so we can find the line Jesus would come from, but can also be used to count the aprox date of creation.

Here's an article why..

How long were the days of Genesis?

http://creation.com/how-long-were-the-days-of...

Location hidden

#429114 Mar 21, 2013
4GVN wrote:
Pope Alexander's Banquet of Chestnuts in 1501 was served by 50 whores. Prizes were awarded to those who had the most sex.
Is this your 'Holy Catholic Church' HOJO?
Was this the Vicar of Christ?
Was this the man chosen by God to lead the worlds Catholics, CLAY?
We can only hope that no one followed his lead.
Indeed!!! At least they used honest prostitutes!!!!

History

The banquet was given in Cesare's apartments in the Palazzo Apostolico. Fifty prostitutes or courtesans were in attendance for the entertainment of the banquet guests. Burchard describes the scene in his Diary:

On the evening of the last day of October, 1501, Cesare Borgia arranged a banquet in his chambers in the Vatican with "fifty honest prostitutes", called courtesans, who danced after dinner with the attendants and others who were present, at first in their garments, then naked. After dinner the candelabra with the burning candles were taken from the tables and placed on the floor, and chestnuts were strewn around, which the naked courtesans picked up, creeping on hands and knees between the chandeliers, while the Pope, Cesare, and his sister Lucretia looked on. Finally, prizes were announced for those who could perform the act most often with the courtesans, such as tunics of silk, shoes, barrets, and other things.

Location hidden

#429115 Mar 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow, It reads seven literal 24 hr days. The 7th day God rested creating the Sabbath.
The genealogies are given so we can find the line Jesus would come from, but can also be used to count the aprox date of creation.
Here's an article why..
Nay nay!!! Ge 1:1 was not the first day of the seven day Creation.....

Look: Ge 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The first day was not created until Ge 1:5...

I am asking how long in time from Ge 1:1 and the first day of the seven day creation (Ge 1:5)...My question has nothing to do with the length of day!!!!!!

Location hidden

#429116 Mar 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an article why..
You said "The genealogies are given so we can find the line Jesus would come from, but can also be used to count the aprox date of creation."

You are far...far...way yonder off base!!! Here is the record of God Creating Heaven and earth: Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I am asking how long after He Created Heaven and earth did He create "day".....in Ge 1:5.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 778,838
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min onemale 265,482
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 43 min Swedenforever 96
My wife want mee to peeing her mouth every time... 50 min vicky9669 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 56 min Mandela 37,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 605,359
Moses never existed 1 hr thewordofme 838
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,923
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 20 hr risque 137
More from around the web