Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,526
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429043 Mar 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>c .try to prove me wrong,tell me where they got all the treasures they poses including the scriptures they used for the bible and the ones they burned,and the ones hidden to this day in their archives,god jesus did not give it to them so how did they aquire it??
Like I told you before Jethro, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate, NOTHING to argue over and NOTHING else to consider. The TRUTH has, is and will always be "grounded in over 2000 years of historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and ONLY TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church. Begin by reading the Encyclical, followed by the Catholic Catechism, then the Apologistic historian authors and writer, TRUE Church History (confirms and documented as TRue) and then the Lives of the Saints. The TRUTH is ALL THERE! Nothing more to be said!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429044 Mar 21, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what Jesus wanted -- a church with zero accountability, but with lots and lots of excuses.
Sure, sure, that was Jesus alright?
And Jesus really didn't mean it when he said... "... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
That was all about the other guy. Jesus always taught that ethics and morals should take a back seat to ritual and dogma. "Go pray loudly"
Why don't you go and discuss, complain, and debate this, with your other "bible only" editorial (opinionated 42,000 other contradicting Protestants) who "have never, nor will ever" agree on ANYTHING, accept attacking the historical and biblical TRUTH of over 2000 years and Jesus Christ HIMSELF, who established and initiated HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Believe what you want!!! Makes "no difference" to ANY of us Catholics, who KNOW THE TRUTH!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429045 Mar 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told you before Jethro, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate, NOTHING to argue over and NOTHING else to consider. The TRUTH has, is and will always be "grounded in over 2000 years of historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and ONLY TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church. Begin by reading the Encyclical, followed by the Catholic Catechism, then the Apologistic historian authors and writer, TRUE Church History (confirms and documented as TRue) and then the Lives of the Saints. The TRUTH is ALL THERE! Nothing more to be said!!!
Like I told you before Jethro, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate, NOTHING to argue over and NOTHING else to consider.jethro:you say this because you can not truthfully answer my questions,because what i said was the truth,and you have no defense for the vile actions of the church,your true historians are catholics naturally they are going to spout history that favors the church,there not going to talk about the evil deeds of the church which are well documented....thank you for proving me correct.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429046 Mar 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Michael, but you are still, "off base" as usual. I never said, nor ever claimed that the Catholic Church is "superior" over others! What I did say, is the Jesus Christs One True Church has been given the "FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH by Jesus Christ Himself as HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH--------(not the only Church) but the One True Church. Over 500 years ago, that FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH, has gradually been "rejected since the Protestant Reformation........ Martin Luther began the elimination of the "initial teachings, doctrines, biblical, Historical and Traditional TRUTHS that Jesus established in the Early Churches of Antioch, Galatia, Thessalonica, Colossus, Philippi, Ephesus, ect........that were headed by His Apostles!!! Luther began by discarding 7 books of the bible, Zingli, denied the Eucharist (as the True body and blood of Christ, then Hus, then Wycliff, then Calvin, Knox, Hedio, Flacius, Cranmer, Petri, Tyndale, Vadian, Viret, Capito, Beza and on and on ALL rejected something else (during those later 500 years) that Jesus, His Apostles and the Early Churches had held as TRUE Doctrine, the TRUE Faith and the TRUE Word of God in the Sacred Teachings of Jesus, taught by the Apostle.......We, as Christians ALL (remain) bothers and sisters in Christ, but all "anyone who is a Catholic" has to do is to listen to the distortion, lies, deceit and heresy that is being "thrown around" by bible only Protestants, to see the how much biblical and historical TRUTHS have been "rejected" by beligerence, hostile and vengeful(half-truth), Protestants heretics!!
Sorry Michael, but you are still, "off base" as usual. I never said, nor ever claimed that the Catholic Church is "superior" jethro: you may not have said it,but the catholic church/pope has,they consider other churches inferior because they do not recognize the papacy/papal chair.so mikey is right in a way.

United States

#429047 Mar 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
Why don't you go and discuss, complain, and debate this, with your other "bible only" editorial (opinionated 42,000 other contradicting Protestants) who "have never, nor will ever" agree on ANYTHING, accept attacking the historical and biblical TRUTH of over 2000 years and Jesus Christ HIMSELF, who established and initiated HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Believe what you want!!! Makes "no difference" to ANY of us Catholics, who KNOW THE TRUTH!!!
-
-
Which statement is 100% TRUE:
-
Jesus said, "Call No Man Father."
-
or:
-
Jesus said, "Call Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope Father."

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#429048 Mar 21, 2013
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST = DEPENDENCY ON THE GRACE OF GOD

THE SACRAMENTS OF THE RCC = DEPENDENCY ON THE VATICAN

and never the twain shall meet!
Clay

United States

#429049 Mar 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
-
or:
-
'call no man father' is true.

which statement here is true.

"Guest is purposely taken Jesus's words out of context to fuel her anti Catholic bigotry"

or

"Guest honestly believes Jesus meant a blanket statement that apparently the Apostles missed and all known Christians missed"

Did you pluck your eyes out for causing you to sin yet?
lol

United States

#429050 Mar 21, 2013
http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/12.htm

Matthew 12:
30“Whoever is NOT WITH ME is AGAINST ME, and whoever DOES NOT GATHER with me SCATTERS.
-
-
you are not *with* Jesus if you disobey his direct command.
-
He directly commanded his followers to CALL NO MAN FATHER.
-
What about the word *NO* do you Catholics not understand?
Fun Facts

Bay City, MI

#429051 Mar 21, 2013
socci wrote:
Eleven Facts About Peter the Apostle
ONE: We should consider Christ’s commission to Peter. This is often very embarrassing to Catholics, because Christ commissioned Peter to become chief minister to the CIRCUMCISED, not to uncircumcised Gentiles.(Gal.2:7-8)..."

You may have overlooked...

6* The apostles and the presbyters met together to see about this matter.

7* After much debate had taken place, Peter got up and said to them,“My brothers, you are well aware that from early days God made his choice among you that through my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.c

8And God, who knows the heart, bore witness by granting them the holy Spirit just as he did us.d
http://www.usccb.org/bible/acts/15

6 But from those who were reputed to be important

(what they once were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)

—those of repute made me add nothing.f

7* On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter to the circumcised,g

8 for the one who worked in Peter for an apostolate to the circumcised worked also in me for the Gentiles,

9 and when they recognized the grace bestowed upon me,

James and Cephas and John,* who were reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas their right hands in partnership,

that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.h
http://www.usccb.org/bible/galatians/2

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#429052 Mar 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>in the first book of the bible it states we are a creation of gods image,so he is creating straight people,gay people,bi-sexual people and pedophiles and people with bestiality tendencies,what you are is genetic,you are born into your sexuality,there are some who experiment sexually and they find their experience to be pleasurable,but for the most part you are born into your sexual desires.there has been one known pedophile pope,and it's possible that there could of been a homosexual pope as well,but the church would never tell,they are having a hard time admitting to the child abuse scandal.obviously gay people bother you,if they are not hitting on you or bothering you in any way what's the big deal? i work with and have a friend who is gay and they know i'm not and they respect that as i respect their right to choose what ever life style that makes them happy,the only lousy people in the world are people who are just plain ole nasty a-wholes, do not like people like that,they go out of their way to be mean rotten and nasty,given the choice i'd rather have a world of straight and gay people and do away with the a-wholes,and the world would be a nicer place. live an let live.
God created two sexes and one sexuality.
Homosexuality is condamned in the bible.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#429053 Mar 21, 2013
I heard some clergy of the Protestant Church in the State bless gay couples at the altar .. Who commanded them to do that if it´s not Satan?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429054 Mar 21, 2013
Adam wrote:
I heard some clergy of the Protestant Church in the State bless gay couples at the altar .. Who commanded them to do that if it´s not Satan?

The pope in Rome who they work for.

United States

#429055 Mar 21, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
or:
-
-
-
Clay wrote:
"Guest is purposely taken Jesus's words out of context to fuel her anti Catholic bigotry"
or
"Guest honestly believes Jesus meant a blanket statement that apparently the Apostles missed and all known Christians missed"
lol
-
-
I already answered you about this, Clay. You seen to forget quite easily. Remember when you thought you had a non-refutable argument and threw down the word hyperbole?
-
Remember how I showed you the difference between these statements in their actual CONTEXT?
-
Remember how the surrounding context of pluck out our eye, cut off your hand, cut off your foot as hyperbole is not direct command as is CALL NO MAN YOUR FATHER?
-
I post a link to the verses so you can remind yourself

http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/18.htm
-
I suggest you read the entire chapter, because it is LOADED with hyperbolic punishment for those who offend.
-
Of PARTICULAR INTEREST is THIS verse; Jesus said:
-
6 “If ANYONE causes one of these LITTLE ONES—those who believe in me—to STUMBLE, it would be better for them to have a large MILLSTONE HUNG AROUND their NECK and to be DROWNED in the depths of the SEA.
-
WOW! the entire Catholic hierarchy qualifies for that one! They have ALL caused little ones to stumble. Those who raped them AND those who covered up for the rapists.
-
Better tell your parish priest to take swimming lessons ... and too bad Houdini is dead, as he could give them all pointers on how to free themselves from the ties that bind..... because the priests certainly won't listen to the words of Christ who has told them - in God's Written Word - how to free themselves!
-
No. Guest is not taking the verses out of context. guest is KEEPING Christ's words IN context - correctly handling the word of truth!.. but YOU are running out of excuses on how to misapply them!

-
http://niv.scripturetext.com/2_timothy/2.htm
2 Timothy 2:
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who CORRECTLY HANDLES the WORD OF TRUTH.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429056 Mar 21, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
You may have overlooked...
6* The apostles and the presbyters met together to see about this matter.
7* After much debate had taken place, Peter got up and said to them,“My brothers, you are well aware that from early days God made his choice among you that through my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.c
8And God, who knows the heart, bore witness by granting them the holy Spirit just as he did us.d
http://www.usccb.org/bible/acts/15
6 But from those who were reputed to be important
(what they once were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)
—those of repute made me add nothing.f
7* On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter to the circumcised,g
8 for the one who worked in Peter for an apostolate to the circumcised worked also in me for the Gentiles,
9 and when they recognized the grace bestowed upon me,
James and Cephas and John,* who were reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas their right hands in partnership,
that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.h
http://www.usccb.org/bible/galatians/2

Of course they all preached to all who would accept the faith. There is no contradiction. Peter received the gospel of the circumcised as a Jew while Paul as the uncircumcised.

Gal 2:7 "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;"

I believe this is what is being said here. Still it was Paul who went to Rome not Peter. The RC could only maintain their claim Peter went to Rome during those dark times when the Bible was kept from the people.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429057 Mar 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i did win,i gave you two correct answers,you said what day of the week it was and i said Tuesday which it was,so that is a correct answer,you did not specify that you were looking for a number of the day of the week which i gave you a correct answer of 3,so i win. you owe me a farm or i'll take cash value instead,or are you going to back out? i'll guess and say back out.
Saying you won the bet and actually winning the bet are two different things!!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429058 Mar 21, 2013
guest wrote:
http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/12.htm
Matthew 12:
30“Whoever is NOT WITH ME is AGAINST ME, and whoever DOES NOT GATHER with me SCATTERS.
-
-
you are not *with* Jesus if you disobey his direct command.
-
He directly commanded his followers to CALL NO MAN FATHER.
-
What about the word *NO* do you Catholics not understand?
Neither are you:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429059 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
or
lol
Does Guest believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429060 Mar 21, 2013
Adam wrote:
One must prove "Satan" exists first, before claiming this enity does.

What proof can you supply to show that "Satan" has commanded anyone?

Maybe you are oblivious to what the Bible actually means, and have derived this conclusion from other men. Probably so.

But I wonlt be too quick. I'll let you present your evidence that such an entity has commanded those individuals.

I'll wait.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#429061 Mar 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I already answered you about this, Clay. You seen to forget quite easily. Remember when you thought you had a non-refutable argument and threw down the word hyperbole?
-
Remember how I showed you the difference between these statements in their actual CONTEXT?
-
Remember how the surrounding context of pluck out our eye, cut off your hand, cut off your foot as hyperbole is not direct command as is CALL NO MAN YOUR FATHER?
-
I post a link to the verses so you can remind yourself
http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/18.htm
-
I suggest you read the entire chapter, because it is LOADED with hyperbolic punishment for those who offend.
-
Of PARTICULAR INTEREST is THIS verse; Jesus said:
-
6 “If ANYONE causes one of these LITTLE ONES—those who believe in me—to STUMBLE, it would be better for them to have a large MILLSTONE HUNG AROUND their NECK and to be DROWNED in the depths of the SEA.
-
WOW! the entire Catholic hierarchy qualifies for that one! They have ALL caused little ones to stumble. Those who raped them AND those who covered up for the rapists.
-
Better tell your parish priest to take swimming lessons ... and too bad Houdini is dead, as he could give them all pointers on how to free themselves from the ties that bind..... because the priests certainly won't listen to the words of Christ who has told them - in God's Written Word - how to free themselves!
-
No. Guest is not taking the verses out of context. guest is KEEPING Christ's words IN context - correctly handling the word of truth!.. but YOU are running out of excuses on how to misapply them!
-
http://niv.scripturetext.com/2_timothy/2.htm
2 Timothy 2:
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who CORRECTLY HANDLES the WORD OF TRUTH.
I'll say the same thing over and over.'call no man Father' was never taught by the Apostles. Period.

Could it be possible, Ma'am, that Christ was using an exaggerated statement to denounce the scribes??

This is one practice of the Church that simply was ALWAYS there. Like infant Baptism, there is no record of it *suddenly* becoming practice. Its traced from the earliest possible inception of the Church.
It can safely be said that all the Apostles referred to their Disciples and follower as 'sons and daughters'(1 Timothy 1: 1-2) In turn, it would have been completely legal for them to call Paul 'Father'.

Guest, you simply can not take sacred scripture out of context like that. It is a sin. Your pride will not allow you understand your sin, as your squarely focused on verse verse verse.
You're teaching on this, I believe, is soley for use suppose of trashing the Holy Catholic Church. Also, your fabrication of history to imply the Church murdered millions is ridiculous, and a sin as well.

All we ask is that you hate us for what we actually believe (or did) and not what you THINK we believe or do.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429062 Mar 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
friend, you don't hafta convince me that the RCC is of the kingdom of darkness and not the Kingdom of God; i've renounced my membership decades ago.
the RCC DOES NOT promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but rather it promotes the sacraments of the vatican.
10-4. My mistake.

Just curious. How would you summarize the most important teachings of Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Osmius 808,442
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Tienboy 97,843
Do white women like black men? (Jun '11) 31 min iknowcelecki 295
'Ukraine is a hot potato': Why US stood back fr... 44 min ACTUALLY 8
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Marlowe 442,088
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr ACTUALLY 268,747
REAL Music REAL Smooth! Part II! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 22
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 608,069
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 17 hr same 199
More from around the web