Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,674)

Showing posts 413,461 - 413,480 of511,735
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428850
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is also the act of being born again.
Give us a passage that states baptism is the act of being born again.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428851
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a passage that states baptism is the act of being born again.
saw your post,did some poking around,found this.......The proper motive for Baptism is to identify with Christ in His Death, Burial, and Resurrection, showing the world that you have experienced the New Birth. The old man has died, is buried, and is raised to walk in the newness of life.(Romans 6)

Acts 22:16 says, "And now why tarriest thou? arise and be baptized, AND WASH AWAY THY SINS, CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD." Please notice their sins were washed away by calling on the name of the Lord, not by being baptized!.....John 3:5-6 says, "...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.(v6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." "BORN OF WATER" here DOES NOT MEAN WATER BAPTISM! AND IS EXPLAINED BY THE STATEMENT: "THAT WHICH IS BORN OF FLESH IS FLESH." Our physical birth was a "born of water" (mother’s water) birth. Salvation is the "NEW BIRTH, SECOND BIRTH, BORN AGAIN, BORN OF THE SPIRIT" birth that takes place when one RECEIVES CHRIST AS SAVIOUR. At that moment in time they are placed into Christ.(Baptized spiritually) Galatians 3:27 and Acts 1:5 "John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." The moment a person is SAVED, he is placed in the BODY OF CHRIST, BY THE SPIRIT!....hope it helps

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428852
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a passage that states baptism is the act of being born again.
in John 3:18 Jesus says, "He that believeth on Him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God:"? If baptism was necessary for Salvation, wouldn’t that be the appropriate place to tell them, after all, vs22-23 shows them baptizing??? They weren’t condemned because they weren’t baptized, but because they didn’t BELIEVE ON HIM!!!
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428853
Mar 20, 2013
 
Oxbow wrote:
782
<quoted text>
You do bring the Word of God to light!!!! Quote: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Thanks Oxbow. It's good being one who brings light to the world.

Now I know how you feel. I see the light. No more discernment for moi.

A great way to start the day :o)
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428854
Mar 20, 2013
 
Oxbow wrote:
770
<quoted text>
As they say "Ignorance is bliss"!!!
As long as I'm not required to take up serpents, I can live with bliss.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428855
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>saw your post,did some poking around,found this.......The proper motive for Baptism is to identify with Christ in His Death, Burial, and Resurrection, showing the world that you have experienced the New Birth. The old man has died, is buried, and is raised to walk in the newness of life.(Romans 6)
Acts 22:16 says, "And now why tarriest thou? arise and be baptized, AND WASH AWAY THY SINS, CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD." Please notice their sins were washed away by calling on the name of the Lord, not by being baptized!.....John 3:5-6 says, "...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.(v6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." "BORN OF WATER" here DOES NOT MEAN WATER BAPTISM! AND IS EXPLAINED BY THE STATEMENT: "THAT WHICH IS BORN OF FLESH IS FLESH." Our physical birth was a "born of water" (mother’s water) birth. Salvation is the "NEW BIRTH, SECOND BIRTH, BORN AGAIN, BORN OF THE SPIRIT" birth that takes place when one RECEIVES CHRIST AS SAVIOUR. At that moment in time they are placed into Christ.(Baptized spiritually) Galatians 3:27 and Acts 1:5 "John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." The moment a person is SAVED, he is placed in the BODY OF CHRIST, BY THE SPIRIT!....hope it helps
You're right Jethro..baptism symbolizes that we have new life in Christ.

The article said this.."Our physical birth was a "born of water" (mother’s water) birth".

So let me ask you this. Nicodemus was an old man, so if the "water" refers to physical birth, why would Jesus tell an old man, he has to be "born" to enter into the kingdom of Heaven? Obviously Nicodemus already accomplished list..

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428856
Mar 20, 2013
 
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right Jethro..baptism symbolizes that we have new life in Christ.
The article said this.."Our physical birth was a "born of water" (mother’s water) birth".
So let me ask you this. Nicodemus was an old man, so if the "water" refers to physical birth, why would Jesus tell an old man, he has to be "born" to enter into the kingdom of Heaven? Obviously Nicodemus already accomplished list..
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.to be born again? when one is born with the Spirit.... And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:That whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have eternal life.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428857
Mar 20, 2013
 
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right Jethro..baptism symbolizes that we have new life in Christ.
The article said this.."Our physical birth was a "born of water" (mother’s water) birth".
So let me ask you this. Nicodemus was an old man, so if the "water" refers to physical birth, why would Jesus tell an old man, he has to be "born" to enter into the kingdom of Heaven? Obviously Nicodemus already accomplished list..
Why so concerned with ritual and mysticism?

Whats wrong with the ethics and morals taught by Jesus?

Oh, I forgot.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428858
Mar 20, 2013
 
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.to be born again? when one is born with the Spirit.... And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:That whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have eternal life.
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh" ..Nicodemus is the one who brings up physical birth, not Jesus...Jesus is saying I'm not talking physically but spiritually. Flesh accounts for nothing.

Passages about water or cleasing:
Psalm 51:2
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin!

John 13:10
10 Jesus said to him,“The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you.”

John 15:3
3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.

Ephesians 5:26
26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

Woman at the well:
John 4:10
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you,‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”

**Water is the cleasing from God when one repents**
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428859
Mar 20, 2013
 
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so concerned with ritual and mysticism?
Whats wrong with the ethics and morals taught by Jesus?
Oh, I forgot.
You were catholic before correct?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428860
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I WANT to be a natural man. What makes you want to be un-natural?
Maybe Cannibalism. Dude, how is eating your children spiritualism?
"If after this you still refuse to listen and still remain hostile toward me, then I will give full vent to my hostility. I will punish you seven times over for your sins. You will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters .... and I will take no pleasure in your offerings of incense ...." (Leviticus)
Do un-natural men still burn incense?
:o)
Hmmm...since you put it this way, I'm not sure I can be an un-natural man.

Do un-natural men have a supply of toothpicks on standby? I've heard that ligaments get stuck between the teeth.

:o)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428861
Mar 20, 2013
 
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have taken your advise. I now do what I say I do!!!! I believe!!!! I no longer need my KJV...I threw it "out the window"!!!! I will buy a toy for a child!!!!
Where have you been all my life?????!!!! Such wisdom!!!!Is there anything else in your bag of wisdom you can impart to me to make my life more enjoyably and fruitful?????
:o)

Next thing we know, you'll be standing next Pastor Rob and calling me "Your Holiness".

Settle down Oxbow.....breathe. I understand the astonishment can be overwhelming, but no need to thank me, okay. Pay it forward.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428862
Mar 20, 2013
 
Oxbow wrote:
774 752
<quoted text>
Of course I do....its "Always apply the first rule wherever and whenever it is necessary"!!!!
Just testing you.

:o)
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428863
Mar 20, 2013
 
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh" ..Nicodemus is the one who brings up physical birth, not Jesus...Jesus is saying I'm not talking physically but spiritually. Flesh accounts for nothing.
Passages about water or cleasing:
Psalm 51:2
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin!
John 13:10
10 Jesus said to him,“The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you.”
John 15:3
3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
Ephesians 5:26
26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
Woman at the well:
John 4:10
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you,‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”
**Water is the cleasing from God when one repents**
Chuck, I'm really just learning about you guys. I guess I didn't realize how radical you are.
I'll ask a couple questions and step off the forum for awhile to let you debate the way to salvation with other protestants.
1. Almost all Protestants stress the IMPORTANCE of Baptism with water. You're new assertion that water is 'stupid' is very very new. It simply was never taught nor believed by anybody is Christianity until about recently. In fact my research shows that infant Baptism was practiced so early on that it has to be assumed that Peter indeed Baptized the ENTIRE household and not just the adults.

2. Do you honestly believe - in your heart- that you're discovering something new or 'forgotten' by reading the 27 Books of the NT in the year 2013?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428864
Mar 20, 2013
 
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, I'm really just learning about you guys. I guess I didn't realize how radical you are.
I'll ask a couple questions and step off the forum for awhile to let you debate the way to salvation with other protestants.
1. Almost all Protestants stress the IMPORTANCE of Baptism with water. You're new assertion that water is 'stupid' is very very new. It simply was never taught nor believed by anybody is Christianity until about recently. In fact my research shows that infant Baptism was practiced so early on that it has to be assumed that Peter indeed Baptized the ENTIRE household and not just the adults.
2. Do you honestly believe - in your heart- that you're discovering something new or 'forgotten' by reading the 27 Books of the NT in the year 2013?
Good idea...step off the forum. You're a clown
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428865
Mar 20, 2013
 
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, I'm really just learning about you guys. I guess I didn't realize how radical you are.
I'll ask a couple questions and step off the forum for awhile to let you debate the way to salvation with other protestants.
1. Almost all Protestants stress the IMPORTANCE of Baptism with water. You're new assertion that water is 'stupid' is very very new. It simply was never taught nor believed by anybody is Christianity until about recently. In fact my research shows that infant Baptism was practiced so early on that it has to be assumed that Peter indeed Baptized the ENTIRE household and not just the adults.
2. Do you honestly believe - in your heart- that you're discovering something new or 'forgotten' by reading the 27 Books of the NT in the year 2013?
You know what Clay...since you're catholic and you guys know all tell me what is living water Jesus refers to:

Woman at the well:
John 4:10
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you,‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428866
Mar 20, 2013
 
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea...step off the forum. You're a clown
That establishes your Christian credentials for sure.

Give him heck. Ritual and dogma are far more important in the NT than are morals and ethics, right?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428867
Mar 20, 2013
 
please tell me
where are mention catholic

forgotten or lost
perfectly describe

no god don't liked us

god don't have mercy
why is like that
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428868
Mar 20, 2013
 
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
That establishes your Christian credentials for sure.
Give him heck. Ritual and dogma are far more important in the NT than are morals and ethics, right?
You were catholic before correct?
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428869
Mar 20, 2013
 
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You were catholic before correct?
Correct.

Will you answer my question now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 413,461 - 413,480 of511,735
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

532 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,461
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Sheilaa 109,401
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 168,947
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 24 min Zack 35
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 47 min -USA-1 37,813
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Ar aR 216,391
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Harrison Freebird 52,449
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 250,282
teen snapchat nudes 2 hr casher_98 105
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Jturner4643 217
•••
•••
•••