Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428861 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have taken your advise. I now do what I say I do!!!! I believe!!!! I no longer need my KJV...I threw it "out the window"!!!! I will buy a toy for a child!!!!
Where have you been all my life?????!!!! Such wisdom!!!!Is there anything else in your bag of wisdom you can impart to me to make my life more enjoyably and fruitful?????
:o)

Next thing we know, you'll be standing next Pastor Rob and calling me "Your Holiness".

Settle down Oxbow.....breathe. I understand the astonishment can be overwhelming, but no need to thank me, okay. Pay it forward.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428862 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
774 752
<quoted text>
Of course I do....its "Always apply the first rule wherever and whenever it is necessary"!!!!
Just testing you.

Clay

United States

#428863 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh" ..Nicodemus is the one who brings up physical birth, not Jesus...Jesus is saying I'm not talking physically but spiritually. Flesh accounts for nothing.
Passages about water or cleasing:
Psalm 51:2
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin!
John 13:10
10 Jesus said to him,“The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you.”
John 15:3
3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
Ephesians 5:26
26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
Woman at the well:
John 4:10
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you,‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”
**Water is the cleasing from God when one repents**
Chuck, I'm really just learning about you guys. I guess I didn't realize how radical you are.
I'll ask a couple questions and step off the forum for awhile to let you debate the way to salvation with other protestants.
1. Almost all Protestants stress the IMPORTANCE of Baptism with water. You're new assertion that water is 'stupid' is very very new. It simply was never taught nor believed by anybody is Christianity until about recently. In fact my research shows that infant Baptism was practiced so early on that it has to be assumed that Peter indeed Baptized the ENTIRE household and not just the adults.

2. Do you honestly believe - in your heart- that you're discovering something new or 'forgotten' by reading the 27 Books of the NT in the year 2013?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428864 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, I'm really just learning about you guys. I guess I didn't realize how radical you are.
I'll ask a couple questions and step off the forum for awhile to let you debate the way to salvation with other protestants.
1. Almost all Protestants stress the IMPORTANCE of Baptism with water. You're new assertion that water is 'stupid' is very very new. It simply was never taught nor believed by anybody is Christianity until about recently. In fact my research shows that infant Baptism was practiced so early on that it has to be assumed that Peter indeed Baptized the ENTIRE household and not just the adults.
2. Do you honestly believe - in your heart- that you're discovering something new or 'forgotten' by reading the 27 Books of the NT in the year 2013?
Good idea...step off the forum. You're a clown
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428865 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Clay...since you're catholic and you guys know all tell me what is living water Jesus refers to:

Woman at the well:
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you,‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#428866 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
That establishes your Christian credentials for sure.

Give him heck. Ritual and dogma are far more important in the NT than are morals and ethics, right?
truth

Perth, Australia

#428867 Mar 20, 2013
please tell me
where are mention catholic

forgotten or lost
perfectly describe

no god don't liked us

god don't have mercy
why is like that
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428868 Mar 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Give him heck. Ritual and dogma are far more important in the NT than are morals and ethics, right?
You were catholic before correct?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#428869 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You were catholic before correct?
Correct.

Will you answer my question now?
Clay

United States

#428870 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I'm sorry I ask tough questions. evidently you can't answer them..
pretend I'm a new recruit into your sect. If they ask you the following question, answer it like you would them.

1. Where does Jesus teach that the Bible is the authority on His Ministry? Where is sola scripture taught by the Apostles?
2. why is it that these two things above, were never taught in Christianity until a few hundred yrs ago?
3. Which one of you thousands of non-Catholics are teaching the truth?
4. At what point did Catholicism 'go wrong' and you guys 'get it right'?

Sorry Chucky, you guys simply require people to be stupid first, before they can accept your new brand of Christianity. I had an opportunity to join your guys ya know? You're way to 'out there' for any rational person to follow..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428871 Mar 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling someone a clown...you're right..brutal.

You can call me a clown sweetheart. It won't bother me.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#428872 Mar 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I am proud to be a natural man.
You are certainly a natural man when it comes to your health and your wealth, as I have pointed out.
When your health is on the line - you go to a discerning medical doctor, not a spiritualist.
When your wealth is on the line, you somehow re-interpret all of Jesus' teachings on money.
You haven't become a eunuch, even though you are now able with modern medicine. Typical of a natural man.
I'll also bet you do not take up serpents.
We are both natural men. Only I am happy to admit it. Don't worry, no boggy man is going to punish you for using common sense.
You wrote

You are certainly a natural man when it comes to your health and your wealth, as I have pointed out.
When your health is on the line - you go to a discerning medical doctor, not a spiritualist.

___

I do not go to a spiritualist...when my health is on the line ,,,I go to God...first.

I am not against doctors ...I believe they receive their wisdom from God.

But my first recourse (when I am sick )is to go to God.

2000 years ago -->Jesus bore the stripes upon His back for my healing..

OLD TESTAMENT

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and

-->with his stripes we are healed.

NEW TESTAMENT

1Pe_2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:-->by whose stripes ye were healed.

I do not beg God to heal me (in Jesus name) I bring myself BEFORE GOD ....
(exercising my faith in what he did (2000 YEARS AGO) for all humanity )

I command my body (bring my body under subjection and COMMAND IT AND

expect it to respond to what GOD THE FATHER has already ACCOMPLISHED

THROUGH THE PASSION AND SUFFERINGS OF HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT DAY...
.WHICH CULMINATED... WHEN JESUS SAID IT IS FINISHED... AND DIED ON CALVARY'S CROSS.

I BELIEVE GOD HAS DONE ALL HE IS GOING TO DO ...AND IT IS UP TO THE
BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN TO RECEIVE WHAT HE HAS DONE...

THERE REMAINETH NO MORE SACRIFICE..

FOR

SIN,

HEALING

AND ALL THE OTHER BENEFITS THAT WAS GIVEN TO MAN AS A GIFT THROUGH

CHRIST VICARIOUS SUFFERINGS AND DEATH UPON CALVARY'S CROSS.

___

WE MUST RESPOND AND RECEIVE GOD'S SACRIFICE AND ALL OF IT'S BENEFITS.

__

Exo_15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my

--->SALVATION:<--- he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

SALVATION IS JESUS (yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h) IN HEBREW

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;

yesh-oo'-aw

(yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h)

Feminine passive participle of H3467;

something saved,

that is,(abstractly) deliverance;

hence aid,

victory,

prosperity:-

deliverance,

health, help (-ing),

salvation,

save, saving

(health),

welfare.

WHEN WE RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS OUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR ...WE

RECEIVE ALL THE ABOVE...

THIS IS WHAT DAVID MEANT WHEE HE WROTE...

Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

AND AGAIN

Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I WILL TAKE THE CUP OF SALVATION, and call upon the name of the LORD.

I TAKE THE CUP OF SALVATION (yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h) AS DAVID DID.. YOU CAN TOO ...

IT YOUR OPTION , AS WELL..
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#428873 Mar 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...since you put it this way, I'm not sure I can be an un-natural man.
Do un-natural men have a supply of toothpicks on standby? I've heard that ligaments get stuck between the teeth.
When un-natural men were real un-natural men........

there were more self-made eunuchs on earth.

They just don't make un-natural men like they used to!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428874 Mar 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Will you answer my question now?
why? How will it impact your life?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#428875 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice spin.

No worries, I have no reason to insult clowns :o)
Clay

United States

#428876 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Clay...since you're catholic and you guys know all tell me what is living water Jesus refers to:
Woman at the well:
Are you using this verse to cancel out Baptism with water?
To God, water is significant. It doesn't matter if Chuck in the year 2013 thinks water is stupid. Chuck doesn't get to decide the correct form of Baptism.
Christ (God made manifest) showed the world what He wanted done when He Himself was Baptized in the river with water.
God made water. Water is the most essential thing for all life on the planet. We can't survive without water. It brings forth and sustains life and can end life as God demonstrated when He used it to flood the Earth.
As early Church Father, Iraneus taught, water for Baptism is sacred; its Holy.
Its necessary for Baptism because its important to God. Jesus and the Apostles taught Baptism using water plain and simple. You can decipher Bible verses until you're blue in the face, it doesn't matter Chuck. What you now claim about Baptism was never taught.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#428877 Mar 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
___
I do not go to a spiritualist...when my health is on the line ,,,I go to God...first.
OLD TESTAMENT
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and
NEW TESTAMENT
1Pe_2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:-->by whose stripes ye were healed.
.WHICH CULMINATED... WHEN JESUS SAID IT IS FINISHED... AND DIED ON CALVARY'S CROSS.
FOR
SIN,
HEALING
___
__
--->SALVATION:<--- he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
SALVATION IS JESUS (yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h) IN HEBREW
H3444
yesh-oo'-aw
something saved,
hence aid,
victory,
deliverance,
health, help (-ing),
salvation,
save, saving
(health),
welfare.
RECEIVE ALL THE ABOVE...
Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
AND AGAIN
Psa 116:13 I WILL TAKE THE CUP OF SALVATION, and call upon the name of the LORD.
I TAKE THE CUP OF SALVATION (yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h) AS DAVID DID.. YOU CAN TOO ...
The spiritual one writes -- "when my health is on the line ,,,I go to God...first."

Some who are truly spiritual and go to God first, last, and exclusively.

Your spin is that God created natural men like medical science doctors -- so you don't have to follow Biblical spiritual cures by God alone.

That makes no sense. You go to medical science natural men or women because your natural intellect works when God doesn't.

Interesting how the human mind works to protect cherished beliefs.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#428878 Mar 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
___
OLD TESTAMENT
NEW TESTAMENT
FOR
SIN,
HEALING
___
__

SALVATION IS JESUS... yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h ... yesh-oo'-aw IN HEBREW

H3444
yesh-oo'-aw
something saved,
hence aid,
victory,
deliverance,
health, help (-ing),
salvation,
save, saving
(health),
welfare.
RECEIVE ALL THE ABOVE...
AND AGAIN
~~~

TAKE NOTE THAT...JESUS IS SALVATION...

SALVATION ..IS.. JESUS ( yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h) IN HEBREW...

H3444
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health),
Clay

United States

#428879 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you gay?
A guy calling another guy 'sweetheart' is kinda gay.

The next generation of Born again evangelicals will allow you to be married in the churches, if you can hang on until then.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428880 Mar 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice spin.
No worries, I have no reason to insult clowns :o)
It is nice to see Uncle Free coming to Clay's rescue. Like you care that Clay is called a clown. whatever sweety...

this :o) makes me squirm a little. What are you saying?
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
9/11&bin 8 min REV CAROL 1
News Baltimore riot police stirring up the heat 13 min emperorjohn 16
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 25 min pusherman_ 2,294
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min Aura Mytha 830,125
I touch my cousin while she sleeps 1 hr paul76 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 40,212
Israel End is Near 2 hr MUQ2 89
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,217
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr karl44 611,937
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr WasteWater 270,839