Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,141
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#428786 Mar 19, 2013
no..i am ordinary person
my meaning is deference..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy
truth

Perth, Australia

#428787 Mar 19, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...
you are elementarna nepogoda
elements chemical first last letters cl
truth

Perth, Australia

#428788 Mar 19, 2013
which formula you liked
very chiep poison or very expensive..
is that secret to know
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

words formula
for mula mal mel mil mol mul
mol=ion conductor for what?
marge

Ames, IA

#428789 Mar 19, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying it, Acts 2:38 says it.
There's no evidence to suggest the eunuch was saved before his baptism either.
Paul said there is ONE baptism. Wouldn't it be sinful to continue to practice two or more?
John the Baptist, who baptized with water, said "He(Jesus), will baptize you with the holy spirit and with fire"

truth

Perth, Australia

#428790 Mar 19, 2013
i am not john..no
truth

Perth, Australia

#428791 Mar 19, 2013
john and Jesus
paul and annanias
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#428792 Mar 19, 2013
Take a look at a man for ever damned to hell!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/di...

Genesis 12:3
truth

Perth, Australia

#428794 Mar 19, 2013
its geo

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428795 Mar 19, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I am proud to be a natural man.
You are certainly a natural man when it comes to your health and your wealth, as I have pointed out.
When your health is on the line - you go to a discerning medical doctor, not a spiritualist.
When your wealth is on the line, you somehow re-interpret all of Jesus' teachings on money.
You haven't become a eunuch, even though you are now able with modern medicine. Typical of a natural man.
I'll also bet you do not take up serpents.
We are both natural men. Only I am happy to admit it. Don't worry, no boggy man is going to punish you for using common sense.
As they say "Ignorance is bliss"!!!

Location hidden

#428796 Mar 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you would do what you say you do, and believe Jesus, you wouldn't need the KJV at all.
No need to thank me, but the gesture is noted. Repay your thanks by buying a toy for a child and see the enlightenment right before your eyes.
I have taken your advise. I now do what I say I do!!!! I believe!!!! I no longer need my KJV...I threw it "out the window"!!!! I will buy a toy for a child!!!!

Where have you been all my life?????!!!! Such wisdom!!!!Is there anything else in your bag of wisdom you can impart to me to make my life more enjoyably and fruitful?????
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428797 Mar 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
John the Baptist, who baptized with water, said "He(Jesus), will baptize you with the holy spirit and with fire"
John said he would baptize WHO with Holy Sporit Baptism.

The Apostles were baptized in such manner, and it gave them the ability to perform miracles.

They taught baptism into Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. This baptism is not John's baptism and it is not the Baptism of the Holy Spirit the Apostles received. It is the only baptism now. It is the one Peter taught in Acts 2 and it is the one the Eunuch submitted to.

Location hidden

#428798 Mar 19, 2013
774 752
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what the 2nd rule is?
Of course I do....its "Always apply the first rule wherever and whenever it is necessary"!!!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428800 Mar 19, 2013
King James Version: James Chapter 4
1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Location hidden

#428801 Mar 19, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I WANT to be a natural man. What makes you want to be un-natural?
Maybe Cannibalism. Dude, how is eating your children spiritualism?
"If after this you still refuse to listen and still remain hostile toward me, then I will give full vent to my hostility. I will punish you seven times over for your sins. You will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters .... and I will take no pleasure in your offerings of incense ...." (Leviticus)
Do un-natural men still burn incense?
:o)
You do bring the Word of God to light!!!! Quote: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#428802 Mar 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how does your response have anything to do with what i posted? this don't make sense,it hurts the church,you can not defend the church because the story is true and factual so you go on one of your usual ridiculous rants and give no respectable answer.and i'm not anti-catholic,i just disagree with their false teachings,and their belief they are the true church,when it is a bold face lie,there is no evidence written anywhere in history outside of the RC/P church that it's true,if it was the whole world would know it and there would of been no reformation, Luther saw first hand what was going on and he was smart and got out,i can understand why,with all horrors the church committed over the last 2000 yrs.
The Catholic Church "doesn't need to be defended" because it's biblical and historical TRUTH, has been proven over and over and over again, in excess of over 2000 years....... There is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate, NOTHING to dispute and NOTHING else to consider, when it comes to arriving at the TRUTH!! There IS only one TRUTH---NOT 42,000 bible only "contradicting---"re lative truths" that are inconsistent where "each denomination" (conflicts) with each other!...The CONDUCT of a few priests or other members of the Catholic Church"--- who have "gone against" the biblicalteachings of the Catholic Church, is NOT the determining factor as to whether or not it is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH--inistituted and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF...Jesus established HIS ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH (to save sinners--of which we ALL are! So where ALL of the authors of the bible---Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". And so, since all of the authors were "sinners" according to your "vacuum brain logic" , you Protestants propagandists, had better "throw out your bible"!!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#428803 Mar 19, 2013
truth wrote:
i am not john..no
NO your not Johm
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#428804 Mar 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
TO HOJO:JOHANNESBURG (Reuters)- A South African cardinal who helped elect Pope Francis this week has told the BBC pedophilia is an illness and not a crime.
Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier, the Catholic Archbishop of Durban, told BBC Radio 5 on Saturday that pedophilia was a "disorder" that needed to be treated.
"From my experience," pedophilia is actually an illness. It's not a "criminal condition", it's an illness," he said.
Napier said he knew of at least two priests who became pedophiles after they were abused as children.
"Now don't tell me that those people are criminally responsible like somebody who chooses to do something like that. I don't think you can really take the position and say that person deserves to be punished. He was himself damaged."
The Catholic Church has had its image deeply tarnished by a widespread child sex abuse scandal.
Napier was one of the 115 cardinals in the Vatican conclave that elected Pope Francis on Wednesday, the BBC reported...JETHRO TRUE UNDENIABLE STORY,WHY THE MENTAL BREAKDOWN?? CAUSE IT'S TRUE AND IT HURTS THE CHURCH??? MAYBE YOU'LL FINALLY WAKE UP AND REALIZE YOUR CHURCH IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS.
Exaggerated, over-blown and taken out of context---this is just more of the same distorted anti-catholic propaganda, that you non-catholic "editorialist heretics are so "famous for"! I really "couldn't care less" as to what you think!! I KNOW the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397AD. Your "personal opinions" are laced with bigotry and hypocricy, with no basis of biblical or historical truth to back up ANYTHING you say!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#428805 Mar 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NO your not Johm
Hi LTM !!

Location hidden

#428806 Mar 19, 2013
RCC origin......

Excerpt:
All of the Apostles had died by 100; therefore, direct connections to Jesus the Christ had become few and far between. The main bulk of Christianity began to slowly but surely stray from the truth, accepting too many conventions from the world around them.

A distinction was soon made between “elders” and “bishops,” with a bishop presiding over a group of elders, and from there a bishop without necessarily having the elders present.

“Bishops” of larger metropolitan areas began exercising more influence over the surrounding lands. Pagan festivals celebrating the spring equinox and the winter solstice were “Christianized” into Easter and Christmas, respectively.

Many of these developments and changes had developed throughout the second and third centuries, yet they had certainly crystallized a new denomination by 312, when the “Catholic” church received official sanction from the Roman Empire.

This entity would develop and last until 1054, when the western and eastern Mediterranean churches split, the former becoming the Roman Catholic Church, the latter, the Eastern Orthodox Church.

That being the case....there is no way the church Christ said He built was the Roman Catholic Church...It did not "make the scene" until 312!!!!!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#428807 Mar 19, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
John said he would baptize WHO with Holy Sporit Baptism.
The Apostles were baptized in such manner, and it gave them the ability to perform miracles.
They taught baptism into Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. This baptism is not John's baptism and it is not the Baptism of the Holy Spirit the Apostles received. It is the only baptism now. It is the one Peter taught in Acts 2 and it is the one the Eunuch submitted to.
well that's what you were told by a man and even summited to...

Jesus said "you must be born-again" and the only way to do that is to get Baptized from above.

Sabanfan, if you don't have the Spirit of Jesus living in you then you are not of Him, it's All about Him and what He did, you must receive His Spirit, beg the Father in Jesus name if you have to. Blessings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min Johnny 4,824
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Lumajuice 777,407
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Atheist girl 605,274
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min onemale 265,376
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 1 hr Lumajuice 32
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web