Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693485 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#428944 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many times in scripture "water" refers to a cleansing from God. Ain't got nothing to do with baptism. Jethro, you know alot more than Clay.
Folks like catholics see the word "water" and say hey look it's baptism. Unfortunately for them, not so.
No no no, my fundie friend, the Catholic Church wasn't started because they read scripture verses and said, "hey guys, it looks like Peter must be a Pope or something; and water appears to used for baptism, duh I guess it important"
Serious Chuck.. the Church came first and then the Bible. Apostolic teaching directly from the Apostles installed Baptism.. and the Papacy for that matter.

Every single one of you separate Christian communities formed because some guy interpreted scripture verses himself, and started a religion based on a certain theme from the Bible.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428945 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a passage that states baptism is the act of being born again.
John 3:1-7 - "water" = Acts 2:38 = "spirit"
spiritual conception occurs when the Gospel (i.e. the seed of the Holy Spirit—Luke 8:11) is implanted in the human heart and mind (James 1:18; 1 Corinthians 4:15; Ephesians 6:17; 1 Peter 1:23). The Word of God, in turn, generates penitent faith in the human heart (Romans 10:17) that leads the individual to obey the Gospel by being baptized in water (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Hebrews 10:22). The resulting condition of the individual is that he or she IS NOW A CHILD of God, a citizen of the kingdom, and member of the church of Christ (Matthew 28:19-20; Galatians 3:26-27; Romans 6:4).

Baptism in water (Col.3:1) involves a burial followed by a resurrection.

In Col. 2:11-14 "buried with Him" suggests death to sin. Also, as skin is cut off in the act of circumcision, so sins are cut off at baptism.

Romans 6:3-8 speaks of "newness of life". How much difference would there be in a description of being born again than "newness of life"? It also says we were buried with Him in baptism - death - "our old man was crucified with Him" and we are united in His death at that point. Our old man/body of sin is crucified and done away.

Peter commends those who have obeyed these commands in 1 Peter 1:22-23 - "Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God."

John 3:3 - Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428946 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a roman law made 2000 years ago on grave robbing, after it was discovered the body of Jesus was missing..
Nazareth Inscription
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth_Inscrip...
Peter's Jerusalem tomb was found tho..
"Clyde Billington of Northwestern College (Minnesota) has dated it to AD 41, and interpreted it as evidence for the historicity of Christians preaching the resurrection of Jesus within a decade of his crucifixion."

- dated to 41 CE - 8 years after Jesus' supposed death?

You are fishing.....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428947 Mar 20, 2013
Italian - American wrote:
Now if you believe Jesus, then you cannot believe that He was not telling the truth.
So you believe Jesus in these teachings then, right?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428948 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter the apostle was not any more special than the other apostles, who were all inspired with the Holy Spirit breathed upon by Jesus himself!
The keys were given to "all of you" (KJV) meaning the church of believers meaning all who are saved in the church are saved those who are not are lost.
The RC has only taken a few verses and corrupted the translation. Their Bible is completely different for this reason.
Then why do you only accept the teachings attributed to less than six of the original 13 Apostles, when "all of them" were "breathed upon"??

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428949 Mar 20, 2013
924
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Only his body.
...along with his other family members.....
http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/
Only His body??? What happen to the rest of Him?????

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428950 Mar 20, 2013
925 921
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
here is a link to all the ossuraries found:
http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/the_tomb/unnam...
Don't think I want to go there. Am beginning to see that you are one of those of which I was warned...you really appear to be wearing sheep clothing!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428951 Mar 20, 2013
935
jethro8 wrote:
oxbow,WHEN DO I GET THE DEED TO YOUR FARM YOU OWE ME? OR ARE YOU GOING TO WELCH?
First rule in betting. "To collect the bet...you must win it".

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428952 Mar 20, 2013
937
Italian - American wrote:
The Catholic Church is the one true Church. Christ gave his authority to Peter and the apostles. Peter, in scripture, is always addressed by name.
The keys of the Kingdom were given to him and Christ said the gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church.
Now if you believe Jesus, then you cannot believe that He was not telling the truth.
Despite the MANY sinners in the Church, including the papacy and clergy. However the dogma remains true despite our human nature. Luther broke the Body of Christ and therefore sinned.
The Church still teaches that others can go to heaven even if not Catholic. So let's not be proud of our belief but be an example to others on how to live.
Horse apples!!!!!

Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...

Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428954 Mar 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Then why do you only accept the teachings attributed to less than six of the original 13 Apostles, when "all of them" were "breathed upon"??

Simon Magus and the gnostic books were rejected by those early Christians.

The Catholic apocryphal books are not much different really, added only later in 1545.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428955 Mar 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'll ask you the same question i ask all Catholics,show me in scripture where Jesus says the catholic church is his true church?
True...

Plus, after 1600 years, show us the real-world, real-life evidence of this moral superiority.

Where's the beef?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428956 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
937
<quoted text>
Horse apples!!!!!
Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...
Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.
go pull someone elses ponytail.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428957 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.
go pull someone elses ponytail.

The apostles did not found the Roman Church. That was Simon Magus. Read - weep!

www.remnantofgod.org/pope1.htm

www.youtube.com/playlist...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428958 Mar 20, 2013
956
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.
go pull someone elses ponytail.
n
(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) a member of any of the Churches regarded as Catholic, esp the Roman Catholic Church.

Glad to help the lame of brain...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428959 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
924
<quoted text>
Only His body??? What happen to the rest of Him?????
The Spirit supposedly transcended this plane of existence.

Nothing of the material world can enter a spiritual world, so that is why only a body would be present.

But you knew that.....huh?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428960 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
925 921
<quoted text>
Don't think I want to go there. Am beginning to see that you are one of those of which I was warned...you really appear to be wearing sheep clothing!!!
I'm allergic to wool, so wrong conclusion.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428961 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Simon Magus and the gnostic books were rejected by those early Christians.
The Catholic apocryphal books are not much different really, added only later in 1545.
Why do you believe those men were accurate?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428962 Mar 20, 2013
956
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.
go pull someone elses ponytail.
From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

The combination "the Catholic Church" (he katholike ekklesia) is found for the first time in the letter of St. Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans, written about the year 110.

Iggy wrote this several ears after Christ declared that He would build His church!!!!!!

Plus...the seven (7) churches Christ referred to in Rev were not referred to as "Catholic" "catholic" or otherwise...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428963 Mar 20, 2013
959
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spirit supposedly transcended this plane of existence.
Nothing of the material world can enter a spiritual world, so that is why only a body would be present.
But you knew that.....huh?
Yep!!! God warned be of your ilk: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428964 Mar 20, 2013
960 925 921
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm allergic to wool, so wrong conclusion.
Take anti-allergic shots...they tell me they work great!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 53,150
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,482
steve toney 7 min angelbaby49 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min another viewer 992,360
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 11 min Doctor REALITY 9
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 29 min Doctor REALITY 29
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr bonespurscadet 446,006
More from around the web