Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
413,061 - 413,080 of 532,684 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

How ridiculous can these atheists get?
A group of them have launched suit against the US government, demanding to have 'IN GOD WE TRUST' removed from its currency.
My truth how I got here 2

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

. and so he replied,"sure"!Not Grandmother nor the son of her's who would eventually become my father, my teacher of all things great and small,and ultimately the truest friend of my adult life,could not have known this is where his unborn son's,Virginia's unborn grandson's journey would start here as well.
As I mentioned one of Ginny's mediums was stained glass.You would be hard pressed not to pass by or admire such work of my grandmother if you were walking,or riding through my city,Pittsburgh,in the Common Wealth of Pa..She is everywhere.So V.E.M. had achieved what very few ever will,immortality. This makes me smile and fills me and I hope my siblings alike with pride.Knowing my brothers and I have carried on our Father's and Grandparent's family name along with the teachings to our own.Now it is so. It is as it should be. For now it has been told.
For the next 8 to 12 years and on each and every Sunday Ginny and her son would visit these places of worship.From the deep rolling hills of the Appalachian wood.Where nothing more was available than a shanty where most of the time no more than a signal family would worship every Weds.and Sun..To the massive copper steeples and domes of the palace like buildings of the ever growing city around them.She took him to them all! There would be no religion passed over as long as it was with in her own truth.Answering his questions on such topics as what languages were spoken and why.To the significance of the cross and why the Christian's bare such an idem of pain and suffering.To the question,"What's that blonde girl's name in the second pew"?I believe as his education on religion was acquired,Ginny knew exactly where he would go to worship and how.My Grandmother is Mormon she died Mormon will forever be Mormon.As it came to be my father would be as well.I don't know if there was some sort of a guilt trip Ginny set upon him in order to comply with her wishes.A thought he would do so out of respect for his mother,or just didn't want to deal with the drama if he did not join the church.I will never know for I will never ask.For the sole reason of respect.That what is of yours, his,and mine, this reason alone deserves the respect by one and all."It does not matter what name you assign the Heavenly Father.There is but only one God".I also believe through Father's journey with my grandmother,his mission through the Mormon Church of Jesus Christ and Latter day Saints,his relationship with his own father,my father acquired an exquisite knowledge of the human being.When it comes to development,how and why one develops from the the sponge state.Why the experiences of the human in this state of development dictates the out come of that human.In turn,the forethought to know when to hold em,fold em,to flee,or to fight.To know you fellow human better than he.Most importantly for the ability to keep the ones who would do you or others harm always guessing.To have the ability to exposed such people to certain situations,true or false but life defining questions,answers,actions and reactions to increase one's own odds of survival.
Now with the knowledge I have acquired and I being my father's son I refuse and reject the notion of absolute blind faith.I at 14 years of age with the sole intent to be the most informed out of my age group.To examine the actions and reactions of the powers that be.What are,the reasons for all actions preformed by such powers.The effects of such actions and who it benefited,if any.The most important question is,to what degree of harm was imposed and or ignored by said actions do to any species of the human race.
This I know to be the only absolute truths I have considered valuable of the public school system. 1)That history will repeat its self.The only way to protect our self from this truth is through education.2)If one will not truly change with true change one becomes obsolete and one dies.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RCC origin...continuated..

For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine “legalized” Christianity with the Edict of Milan in A.D. 313. Later, in A.D. 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

533 450 426
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find the Word of God?
I nominate that question as the most asinine ever posted on this forum!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
OH BOY!!!.
Catholics will have more converts again.
The Bible Belt, oh my
Snip….
A church in North Carolina will stop performing marriages until United Methodist pastors are allowed to officiate weddings for same-sex couples in the Tar Heel state.
The Green Street United Methodist Church in Winston-Salem made the announcement on its Facebook page on Friday and held a press conference on Sunday detailing its plan. The Rev. Kelly Carpenter told FoxNews.com on Monday that his 400-member congregation and its 18-member Leadership Council have long considered the move.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/18/north-ca...
Who you talking to StarC? None of the born-agains who post here allow for gay marriages or gay lifestyles in their churches to be ok.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR YOUR BISHOPS...
AS FOR ME...I DRAW MY KNOWLEDGE FROM THE WORD OF GOD,
FOUNDED IN THE FOUR GOSPELS...
Interpreted to mean "I was not ordained...I just assumed the title".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> This is the day the Church of Christ came into exsistence, 33AD. The day of Pentecost is the first day of the new testament church which people were eventually called christians. The catholic church didn't come into exsistence until hundreds of years later, they branched off the Church of Christ. A few elders decided to do things in a way that pleased the roman emperor instead of God, and there you have it, the roman catholic church, which is the biggest deceiver of man in the world. They decided to do things their way instead of God's way which is clearly written in the bible.
Church of Christ is a Christian denomination....He built no denomination...

Proof: In Rev when He referred to the seven (7) churches...none were referred to as the Church of Christ!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
How ridiculous can these atheists get?
A group of them have launched suit against the US government, demanding to have 'IN GOD WE TRUST' removed from its currency.
~~~

THEY ALREADY HAVE THEIR OWN HOLLOW DAY...

IT IS THE FIRST DAY OF APRIL...

APRIL FOOLS DAY....WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT..

Psa_14:1 . The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psa_36:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD. The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof: In Rev when He referred to the seven (7) churches...none were referred to as the Church of Christ!!!!
They were all churches of Christ. Christ built the church. Those 7 were His. He was the head. Romans 16:16b proves to us they were 'churches of Christ'

As Christ's church it isn't a denomination. And, if you think it is a denomination, prove it by finding a belief in the church that is not scripturally based.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

My truth how I got here wrote:
The right hand is open,palm up and holding the world that is wrapped twice with gold ribbon.Everything painted in the piece that was gold was true twenty four kt. gold leaf.As for the face.It shall forever be seared in my,for a lack of a better word,soul.His face showed age but with an all knowing sensibility.Ginny somehow painted the kindness and love of a new mother and the disappointment of a father.All of which seemed to lie within the eyes alone.The eyes were a crystal blue.The piece seemed to be alive.Some were convinced it was.At the studio as a child the painting terrified me.Though I couldn't take my eyes off him as he did in kind.Anywhere I walked his eyes followed. Ginny noticed it was bothering me while working the piece. Never looking up said. "It's an illusion boy, a trick.I picked up in Yugoslavia".Her attempt to set me at ease failed. His build was very muscular. His hair was long,just past the crease of the trapeziums of the shoulder. It looked as if you were to touch it you would be able to feel the soft,healthy hair of a five year old.His beard,neat,long to the sternum with the same effect.His legs large and
muscular as well. His feet wore the most ordinary looking leather sandals. As I write, I wonder,why the sandals? Nothing in the blue back round.Just the being, the thrown,and his creation.It haunts me to this day for many different reasons.
I did mention Ginny was an eccentric and an unconventional artist.Most of the great
artists are as such.The piece was not spared from this.There is an unspoken rule among artist of such a genera.No artist shall capture the image of the Heavenly Father in any medium.This is why the paintings of God in the Bible will have a blur over where the face should be.In most cases an artist will paint the image of the sun or a star. As I said Ginny was an original and very
unconventional with all aspects of her life. When my father was a young lad and became a bit inquisitive of his mothers work Ginny went for nothing else,unconventional.Ginny,know ing the importance of age appropriate.Attempted the explanation, the concept of religion.As it was told to me by my father.
"For the vast number of stars in the heavens there are just as many interpretations of religion".She went on to say,"and as for the vast differences in the interpretations,there are many similar teachings in all,Know this boy.It does not matter what name you assign to the Heavenly Father. There is but only one God.We as the meek,can only interpret what we were never to understand.Develop as a human being as an adult.Never be afraid to adjust your self or your belief".Ginny watched her son process the information and waited.When my father continue his education on the subject with a question on the places of worship,Ginny asked, "Would you like to visit such places"? Continued My truth 2
{There are many pieces I remember.None more than the piece when Ginny captured the image of the Heavenly Father.}

"THERE IS NO WAY SHE COULD MAKE A PAINTING OF GOD THE HEAVENLY FATHER, SHE HASN'T A CLUE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE." NO ONE DOES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Interpreted to mean "I was not ordained...I just assumed the title".
~~~

Some remarks are so dense they are not worth giving a a response to....

I'll just leave it to you to guess.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
533 450 426
<quoted text>
I nominate that question as the most asinine ever posted on this forum!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Why get angry?

You claim to put your money on a "sure thing" -- but then you ignore what the sure thing says about money and possessions.

DUH!!! And you call my post asinine?

If you were so "sure," wouldn't you do what Jesus said to do in order to follow him more perfectly?

Of course you would. But you are not THAT sure.

It's the Bible buffet. Ignore the things you want to ignore and embrace whatever tickles your fancy.

So I ask again, where do you find this Word of God buffet? Certainly not in the Christian Bible.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

"What does it mean to be a born again Christian?"

Answer: What does it mean to be a born again Christian? The classic passage from the Bible that answers this question is John 3:1-21. The Lord Jesus Christ is talking to Nicodemus, a prominent Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin (a ruler of the Jews). Nicodemus had come to Jesus at night. Nicodemus had questions to ask Jesus.

As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said,“‘I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked.‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered,‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying,‘You must be born again”’”(John 3:3-7).

The phrase "born again" literally means "born from above." Nicodemus had a real need. He needed a change of his heart—a spiritual transformation. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13 indicates that "born again" also carries the idea "to become children of God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.

The question logically comes, "Why does a person need to be born again?" The Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:1 says, "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins..." (NKJV). To the Romans in Romans 3:23, the Apostle wrote, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." So, a person needs to be born again in order to have their sins forgiven and have a relationship with God.

How does that come to be? Ephesians 2:8-9 states, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." When one is "saved," he/she has been born again, spiritually renewed, and is now a child of God by right of new birth. Trusting in Jesus Christ, the One who paid the penalty of sin when He died on the cross, is what it means to be "born again" spiritually. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

If you have never trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, will you consider the prompting of the Holy Spirit as He speaks to your heart? You need to be born again. Will you pray the prayer of repentance and become a new creation in Christ today? "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God" (John 1:12-13).

If you want to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and be born again, here is a sample prayer. Remember, saying this prayer or any other prayer will not save you. It is only trusting in Christ that can save you from sin. This prayer is simply a way to express to God your faith in Him and thank Him for providing for your salvation. "God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness—the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

Have you made a decision for Christ because of what you have read here? If so, please click on the "I have accepted Christ today" button below.

GOTQUESTION.CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

When you meet Jesus you meet the word of God...PERSONIFIED/face on...

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Joh 1:14 --> And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They were all churches of Christ. Christ built the church. Those 7 were His. He was the head. Romans 16:16b proves to us they were 'churches of Christ'
As Christ's church it isn't a denomination. And, if you think it is a denomination, prove it by finding a belief in the church that is not scripturally based.
Thanks for proving my words...

Definition of "church" in both Rev and Romans 16:16 : a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

There are no denominations listed as definitions of "church"...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When you meet Jesus you meet the word of God...PERSONIFIED/face on...
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:14 --> And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
~~~

WHEN ONE RECEIVES COMMUNION ..

He ingest JESUS CHRIST the word of God MADE FLESH ....into His Spirit.

Jesus the WORD OF GOD... is the express image of God's person.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They have pulled the wool over your eyes, Clay.
All Christians are priests:
1 Peter 2:5
1 Peter 2:9
Revelation 1:6
Jesus Christ is our high Priest:
Hebrews 4:14-16
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
When one obeys the gospel of Christ, he is added to the body of Christ and is thereby part of God's holy priesthood. As priests, all can offer up spiritual sacrifices and draw nigh to God through the mediatorship of Jesus.
A sacrificing priesthood of men was indeed appointed under the law of Moses, but the animal sacrifices offered by the priests of the Old Testament were mere types and shadows of the one sacrifice made by Christ. By the one sacrifice made by Jesus, He put an end both to the Levitical priesthood and the Old Testament law.
Hebrews 7:23-25
Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
Colossians 2:14-17
having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
sacrificing priesthood of men was indeed appointed under the law of Moses, but the animal sacrifices offered by the priests of the Old Testament were mere types and shadows of the one sacrifice made by Christ. By the one sacrifice made by Jesus, He put an end both to the Levitical priesthood and the Old Testament law.
Hebrews 7:23-25
Jesus is now at the right hand of God and ever lives to make intercession for His people.
Hebrews 9:24
Through the one sacrifice of Himself, He became the sole mediator through which men have access to God.
1 Timothy 2:5
Hebrews 7:26-27
Ephesians 2:18
Hebrews 5:8-9
There is no priesthood on earth that has the right to forbid each Christian to go directly to God through Christ, or to assume the authority to administer graces and obtain mercy for others. All Christians are of that royal priesthood of God, and have but one great High Priest, Jesus Christ.
Why, Clay, if you’re a Christian, would you continue to recognize the “priest” and call him “father”? It’s unscriptural, Clay.
You're not allowed to dictate what is scriptural and what is not. You're Saban fan, you were born in the 20th century. You're way to late in the game to start changing Apostolic teachings.

For the record: yes all of us are Priests per scripture and per the teachings of the Holy Catholic Church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
Some remarks are so dense they are not worth giving a a response to....
I'll just leave it to you to guess.
Interpreted to mean: You are right...can't refute the truth...nor accept it...so I pass"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

533 450 426
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get angry?
You claim to put your money on a "sure thing" -- but then you ignore what the sure thing says about money and possessions.
DUH!!! And you call my post asinine?
If you were so "sure," wouldn't you do what Jesus said to do in order to follow him more perfectly?
Of course you would. But you are not THAT sure.
It's the Bible buffet. Ignore the things you want to ignore and embrace whatever tickles your fancy.
So I ask again, where do you find this Word of God buffet? Certainly not in the Christian Bible.
Me angry???? Nay nay!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
WHEN ONE RECEIVES COMMUNION ..
He ingest JESUS CHRIST the word of God MADE FLESH ....into His Spirit.
Jesus the WORD OF GOD... is the express image of God's person.
~~~

FAITH COMES BY HEARING JESUS...AND BELIEVING HIS WORD....

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

~~~~

Rom_14:23 .......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

582 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min shyam 4,677
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Hate troublemaking arabs 115,043
NFL Sober Coach: Building up the Stock in a “Fl... 13 min The Addictions Coach 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Rider on the Storm 172,352
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Catcher1 224,138
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min Karmarim 36,506
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Dr_Zorderz 256,472
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min BenAdam 720,422
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••