Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650145 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#428634 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
We don't know if God got bored one day.
-
I don't think he created us to watch us suffer. I do believe there is a reason he has allowed this to go on for so long. I think the faith part is in our allowing ourselves to trust him.
guest, if you don't mind giving me your opinion, why DID God make us?

United States

#428635 Mar 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>everything the catholic church teaches can be found in the Bible they established. You know it can because we showed you.
You simply reject it. So what? You have no authority to accept or reject anything. Get in with the thousands of other self proclaimed ministers.
-
The Catholics did NOT "establish" The Bible.
-
The Holy Spirit did. In its writing and preservation.

United States

#428636 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
I don't think he created us to watch us suffer. I do believe there is a reason he has allowed this to go on for so long. I think the faith part is in our allowing ourselves to trust him.
-
-
Sherlayne wrote:
guest, if you don't mind giving me your opinion, why DID God make us?
-
-
For "sure" we know that he WANTED to.
-
He created a universe filled with stars of all sizes and planets and big huge empty spaces between them.
-
He created Angels, and heavenly beings, why would he need to create animals and humans? I don't know. Why does anyone create anything? A beautiful piece of music, or art. I guess we are God's art. I don't know. I'll have to give some thought to that.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428637 Mar 19, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8 - hugs, dear friend.
thank you sherlayne,hugs back in hopes everything is well with you? don't see you hear enough.

usa

#428638 Mar 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
RCC origin...continuated..
For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine “legalized” Christianity with the Edict of Milan in A.D. 313. Later, in A.D. 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.
been saying this all along,it's obvious,what he did and i can't understand why people can't see it? or is it that they are just plain ignoring it because of the fear the church put into people for 2000 yrs?

usa

#428639 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
-
he put his trust in the wrong place,unfortunately we'll never be able to figure anything out thanks to the RP/C church for burning books they had no right to burn,the scriptures are ment for mankind,not just for one group,and i don't understand why no one is putting pressure on the church to turn over all documents they stole during the roman occupation through out the middle east,and they should be forced to give back all that they stole from these lands also,including the church of Antioch,which rightfully does not belong to them.it was a christian church until the roman empire showed up annd gave it to the early church fathers to convert it into a christian/pagan church.

usa

#428640 Mar 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" just keep "making it up" as you go along, distorting, misinterpreting and manipulating the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and TRUE authenticated and PROVEN Church History---in order to "make it mean" ONLY what you "want it to mean"! However----this comes as "no surprise" to any of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History and how the Early Church Christian followers of Jesus interpreted the word of God, from both oral and written Apostolic Traditions...... Since the beginning of the Reformation, over 500 years ago, EVERY ONE of your 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations (beginning with Luther) have spread their (heretical) bible only (anti-Catholic) Propaganda, with "unbiblical" and self interpretation of the bible, that is nothing but "editorialized false doctrine" and "relative truth" --(whatever each person thinks is true) Christianity. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH---not 42,000 inconsistent "Hodge-podge of bible only Protestant contradictions---and that TRUTH is, has and will ALWAYS BE in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church---which is the Bride of Christ!!
don't know why you keep saying this when the RC/P church is just as guilty,and the worst part is,they claim they are being guided by god,bull cookies,they are being guided by cruel,money hungry power freaks,i'm sure you saw the post i put up about the priest from Africa said pedophilia is not a "crime" just an illness,of course it is an illness and it's also a crime,you can't touch a child under 17 BY LAW!,and this guy is a cardinal?? and he mentions"he knows this by is own experiences" what does that suggest to you? sounds to me like he himself is a child molester,and naturally the church does nothing about it,i sent e-mails to friends,news stations,and local newspapers,in hopes this will put pressure on the church to act,instead of still closing it's eyes.

usa

#428641 Mar 19, 2013
Jews are a cancer
Pawling, NY....JETHRO:and who are you the cure? racism does not belong here,love thy neighbor,treat him as you wish to be treated,do not judge by religion or color,judge by actions,if he is a nice guy/girl/child treat them as such, but if they are "a\holes, ignore them,fore they are not worth wasting your breathe on. racism is evil and it should not be taught or tolerated in any form.

usa

#428642 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
The Catholics did NOT "establish" The Bible.
-
The Holy Spirit did. In its writing and preservation.
your right, technically the bible always existed,all the RP/C church did was pick and choose books that suited them,tossed some out, and burned 27 of them i think the no. was,and the end result they called it the "bible"they had no right to do this,again i'll state it again if these books are divine writings about a god for everyone one on earth,then they belong to all, not just a few,wish i had bill gates type money i'd hire the best lawyers from around the world an file a lawsuit against the church,forcing it to open it's fault of stolen property,and let the world see what's rightfully everyone's...."if anyone catholic or not disagrees with me feel free to tell me why" always happy to listen to comments good or bad.

usa

#428643 Mar 19, 2013
and good morning/evening to all,hope all of you are doing well?

usa

#428644 Mar 19, 2013
JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED MY POST.I'LL RE-POST,PAY ATTENTION POPE HOJO,LEARN SOMETHING...JOHANNESBURG (Reuters)- A South African cardinal who helped elect Pope Francis this week has told the BBC pedophilia is an illness and not a crime.
Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier, the Catholic Archbishop of Durban, told BBC Radio 5 on Saturday that pedophilia was a "disorder" that needed to be treated.
"From my experience," pedophilia is actually an illness. It's not a "criminal condition", it's an illness," he said.
Napier said he knew of at least two priests who became pedophiles after they were abused as children.
"Now don't tell me that those people are criminally responsible like somebody who chooses to do something like that. I don't think you can really take the position and say that person deserves to be punished. He was himself damaged."
The Catholic Church has had its image deeply tarnished by a widespread child sex abuse scandal.
Napier was one of the 115 cardinals in the Vatican conclave that elected Pope Francis on Wednesday, the BBC reported....JETHRO:once again this proves the RP/C church is slinging bull and not really doing the house cleaning they claim to be.surprise surprise. A QUOTE FROM CARDINAL WILFRID:"From my experience,"...jethro:NOW TELL ME PEOPLE,DOESN'T THIS SOUND LIKE HE IS SAYING THAT HE MOLESTED CHILDREN??

usa

#428645 Mar 19, 2013
time to listen to some music,cheer me up,be back soon,hope to see some responses to my posts,love input,good or bad.
truth

Beeliar, Australia

#428646 Mar 19, 2013
Satanic evil wicket people is your law where on visible way can make destruction from any person baby children's young people as well old..
I say to you your law is not my law..I don't respect that not at all..its crime not law..where corupt organization use everything as they could against every victim..

Political organization even government harassment..no ordinary 98% don't need respect leaders who ever they are judges lawyers police politician rich does meter who ever they are.

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Beeliar, Australia

#428647 Mar 19, 2013
pardon =invisible way corupt way way where is full of crime nice way or brutal way..no deference..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Beeliar, Australia

#428648 Mar 19, 2013
music liked only devil
Anonymous

Brewster, NY

#428649 Mar 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Jews are a cancer
Pawling, NY....JETHRO:and who are you the cure? racism does not belong here,love thy neighbor,treat him as you wish to be treated,do not judge by religion or color,judge by actions,if he is a nice guy/girl/child treat them as such, but if they are "a\holes, ignore them,fore they are not worth wasting your breathe on. racism is evil and it should not be taught or tolerated in any form.
While Christians turn the cheek & treat Jews as their neighbor to be loved.

Jews are taught about how WE the Gentile Goyim are made to only Serve the Jew.

How we as Gentile Goyim are there to be exploited to Jewish advantage.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428650 Mar 19, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not the biblical israel any longer if that was the question. All other religions do not recognize Jesus. The Jews are no different than any others in rejecting Jesus as Christ. Where any other religion causes a problem is if they are violent as Rome & Islam have a history.
The individual Jew has to accept Christ the same as the gentile now. Yes Israel has anti-christ along with those who do accept Christ and still is Gods promise land to those who follow him.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428651 Mar 19, 2013
socci wrote:
State of topic
Just a few diehard Catholics remain on the thread topic. The others fled long ago. The ones remaining have no interest in the truth about their Roman Church & Catholic faith.
You ever argue with your younger sibling, and they keep repeating 'la la la la I know you are but what em I, I know you are but what em I la la la"?

Then when you walk away, your younger sibling thinks they won the argument.
Well, that's why most of the Catholics left this forum. We're the mature ones who are interested in something called Truth. You guys are not. You're Ideologue conspiracy Christians. Or better yet: 911 UFO Government conspiracy Christians.

You believe how you believe and nothing will convince you otherwise.
Once you take off the ignorant blind fold, the Holy Spirit will an allowed to work in your life. Until then, God Bless.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#428652 Mar 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> this guy is a cardinal?? and he mentions"he knows this by is own experiences" what does that suggest to you?
What your comments "suggest to me" is that EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that you say is built and predicated upon "your own" anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and distorted "Protestant (made-up) history books. These Bogus "so-called facts", are NOTHING BUT (editorialized opinions) and just plain exaggerated "lies", which are "no different" than the "fundies" that (roam this forum) "desperately" looking for some uninformed, uneducated, gullable, non-thinking "prodigal son (rebellious) Catholic, to spread their "snake oil" (unbiblical) bible only ("relative truth" editorialized opinion. There is ONLY ONE TRUE, which has, is and will always be in Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church. Your bogus "personal opinions" mean "zilch" to me or ANY other Catholic on this forum!
MICHAEL

Canada

#428653 Mar 19, 2013
Jews are a cancer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know about the history of Jewish Ritual Murder (Blood Libel)
With Jews stealing Christian babies to be slaughtered!!!
There are thousands of accounts of Jewish Ritual murder (Blood Libel) across all of Europe!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/jewish_sacrifi...
This website above gives the extensive listing of the Jewish history of sacrificing Christians!!!!!!
Cances says........With Jews stealing Christian babies to be slaughtered!!!

Michael says.......Interesting! God picks the Jews for his son Jesus to live amongst the jewish people for 33 years. The story goes Jesus loved his Jewish belief and practiced it devoutly. Born a Jew, died a Jew buried in Jewish custom and tradition. His entire family and friends were Jews.

Organized religion divides all. Thats where the real problem is.

Every group claiming they are the most righteous and no one with the smoking gun of truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Into The Night 56,086
Moroccan Guys Have The Biggest Cocks! (Jun '13) 35 min turkishgirl 25
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 971,750
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Just Think 437
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr New Ideas 44,948
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,312
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr X Pendable 182,938
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web