Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687432 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#428619 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
Talking to someone here is like talking to them anonymously on the street. But here, we can revisit them and try to reason with them, and when they respond we can find out more about their belief system and compare it to the Inspired Scriptures. There's nothing cowardly about it at all.
Clay wrote:
It took me about 5 hrs to convert an anti Catholic co -worker to Catholicism. The funny thing is, I didn't even try. I just answered his questions. I gave him helpful links. I showed him where his minister was being untruthful in his false accusations about Catholicism.
My co worker is not an ignorant man.
He came back the next day and said he's going to be received into the Catholic Church.
The Holy Spirit did it. Once someone quits playing stupid and inventing conspiracy scenarios to help their ideology (this has no place in Christianity)
The Holy Spirit is allowed to work into your lives.
Right now, you guys shut the door on truth with your own arrogance.
-
well, your co-worker didn't read his Bible, now did he? or did he even look at church history?

United States

#428620 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
-
I believe you are correct about there being more than one entity.
-
Jesus said: "The Father is greater than I am." John 14:28
-
and
-
"By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."
John 5:30
-
go to this website and type in "him who sent me" - you will get a number of verses:
-
http://biblos.com/
-
-
Seems to me this is a good verse for Catholics, who should seek to please the FATHER and not man. Jesus sought to please only the Father in Heaven and not some "self appointed" Father here on earth.
-
"By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."
John 5:30
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>judging by the way it is written,there would have to be two entities,either that god has split personalities,how can a being of any type just come from nowhere? it takes a fertilized egg to begin the process of life as we well know,"lot of fun making them :)" everything has a beginning,but in gods case it's most intriguing,there is no mention in scripture about gods life before he created Adam&eve,did he get bored one day and decided to create us just for his amusement? watch us suffer in torment at the hands of other men,diseases and plagues. to me that would be a cruel god,and the building of this planet,why build such an unstable planet? earthquakes,volcanic eruptions, tsunamis' droughts,floods and hurricanes, tornado's, pesky disease carrying bugs,all this just because some couple took a bite from a so called forbidden fruit? this is another reason why i have my doubts about the one god theory.
-
We don't know if God got bored one day.
-
I don't think he created us to watch us suffer. I do believe there is a reason he has allowed this to go on for so long. I think the faith part is in our allowing ourselves to trust him.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428621 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
You see me *hiding* behind ... "call no man father"?
no.
I see me standing up and *obeying* a direct command of Jesus.
It was a literal command..

The term "father" denotes authority, eminence, superiority, a right to command, and a claim to particular respect. In is in that sense it is used here. In this sense it belongs eminently to God, and it is not right to give it to men.

But....the Catholics say, "What does God know??? As a matter of fact, calling the pope Holy Father, is acknowledging his authority, eminence, his superiority, his right to command, and a claim to particular respect."

United States

#428622 Mar 18, 2013
Orville wrote:
HoJO,
If we indeed adhere to "half truth", then we have been deceived into an entire lie,
For Messiah-Jesus is either 100% truth or 100% lie. Something to consider
-
Indeed. The whole truth is the whole truth, a half-truth is a whole lie.
-
Clay wrote:
Likewise the Catholic Church is either 100% truth in teachings or completely a lie.
1. They can trace their roots directly to the Apostles. They have the early Church writings to prove it.
2. Christ promised the gates of hell wouldn't prevail and He would be with His Church until the end.
3. They established the Bible and authoritatively decided on the authenticity of the canon in the 4th century. The Bible is in effect, theirs to safeguard and interpret. You would have no knowledge of a NT if it were not for them.
Therefore, the Holy Spirit either guided them for a moment or two. Then left for 1200 yrs until one o you guys were revealed the true meaning Christianity. Or, Christ was serious when He promised to be with His Church until the end of time.
-
Clay: "Likewise the Catholic Church is either 100% truth in teachings or completely a lie."
-
Tell me Clay,
when listening to the Great Teacher, which of these statements is 100% true?
-
JESUS SAID: "Call No Man Your Father."
OR:
JESUS SAID: "Call your religious leaders Father."
Anonymous

Brewster, NY

#428623 Mar 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Where any other religion causes a problem is if they are violent as Rome & Islam have a history.
Jews disproportionately are far more violent than all others.

The Jewish Bolsheviks in Russia & the Jewish Russian Mafia are about as violent as it gets.

Jew Lazar Kaganovich created the Holodomor genocide in Ukraine with 3 - 12 million dead Ukrainians.

Jew Genrikh Yaogda created the Gulag system with 4 - 18 million enslaved & imprisoned with millions dying!

.... The entire Soviet Union was a majority Jewish creation!!!
Anonymous

Brewster, NY

#428624 Mar 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not the biblical israel any longer if that was the question. All other religions do not recognize Jesus. The Jews are no different than any others in rejecting Jesus as Christ. Where any other religion causes a problem is if they are violent as Rome & Islam have a history.
Don't you know about the history of Jewish Ritual Murder (Blood Libel)

With Jews stealing Christian babies to be slaughtered!!!

There are thousands of accounts of Jewish Ritual murder (Blood Libel) across all of Europe!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/jewish_sacrifi...

This website above gives the extensive listing of the Jewish history of sacrificing Christians!!!!!!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#428625 Mar 18, 2013
keltec 9mm wrote:
Like one of his predecessors he'll soon be announcing his support for the "final solution" >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Germany of course was a Protestant nation.
Hitler was elected by a Protestant majority and a Catholic minority.
And don't the Catholics love to flaunt "their" ownership of the "incorruptible phenonomena" -- forgetting that LENIN is one of them. Which goes to show you those silly beliefs mean nothing.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#428626 Mar 18, 2013
Jews are a cancer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know about the history of Jewish Ritual Murder (Blood Libel)
With Jews stealing Christian babies to be slaughtered!!!
There are thousands of accounts of Jewish Ritual murder (Blood Libel) across all of Europe!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/jewish_sacrifi...
This website above gives the extensive listing of the Jewish history of sacrificing Christians!!!!!!
Thank you for pointing out that you are Nazi scum.

United States

#428627 Mar 18, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Study Gods word and show thyself approved and hold true to his teachings as the Holy Spirit Guides YOU not some denomination with man made traditions.
It is good to assemble ourselves together for the hearing of Gods Word but then search the scriptures to see if it be so.
-
-
Clay wrote:
First you mean, pretend certain things exist prior to searching the scriptures.(sola scripture)
Then, convince yourself that the Church who gave us the scriptures are the 'Whore of Babylon'.
Then pretend the early Church fathers got it 'all wrong' when the Apostles verbally explained the faith to them. THEN, pretend Jesus Christ (although He never commanded a Bible be written for Christianity) waited until the printing press was established in the 15th century to bring His real Ministry to the world!
Then voila! You're are set and can open up your own storefront church and declare yourself a minister and authority on sacred scripture!
-
Don't forget that during those years the Catholic church KEPT THE BIBLE from the people. The church MURDERED *heretics* for the SIN of owning a Bible.
Yen Ying

Tucker, GA

#428628 Mar 18, 2013
U ARE THE Clue u give yourself away,I can reed between the lines there u are Texas,Mexicano,,Chigago,THE SAME person changing Identites,City's& States,Im protected my City,Community,Family,People, & State,From This Kinda' Behahaviior!
Yen Ying

Tucker, GA

#428629 Mar 18, 2013
BEHAVIOR & Crimes

United States

#428630 Mar 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Hebrews 9:6 These preparations having thus been made, the priests go regularly into the first section, performing their ritual duties, 7 but into the second only the high priest goes, and he but once a year, and not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the unintentional sins of the people.
***The Epistle to the Hebrews speaks of
the high priesthood of Jesus by comparing his death and entry into heaven with the actions of the Jewish high priest who went into the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle once a year with a blood offering for himself and for the sins of his people.
**Check this out Clay:
Hebrews 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
***Like I told you Clay, we have Christ. There are no longer NT priests like your church says and of course since you belong to a cult and your thinking is clouded, you will deny everything I have posted.
-
-
Clay wrote:
Ah it all makes sense now. You brought up 'Priests' a couple hrs ago, knowing you were going to bash me over the head with scripture verses showing why Christ didn't want Priests (like the Church apparently wrongfully assumed from the first century on).
Sorry Chuck. I care what was actually taught by the Apostles. I'm not interested in what some guy has to say about it, 2,000 yr later. There is more to the faith then what your un authoritative opinion is. The NT isn't verse chapter verse/ word for word instructions.
What did you spend all weekend consulting with your elders on some traps? Lol
-
-
*Bash* you *over the head* with scripture? What cruel and inhumane treatment! You'll live. I can imagine what you would be saying if it were PRIESTS who quoted scripture.
-
But then we know they won't stoop to that ploy, as they can't compete with someone who has actually READ the Bible.
-
CLAY: "There is more to the faith then what your un authoritative opinion is."
-
Clay, there IS more to the Catholic Faith. But it was ALL ADDED YEARS AFTER Christ and The Apostle's deaths. It was ADDED by MERE MEN. The Holy Spirit didn't "add" all that to the Catholic Faith. MEN did. MEN added it because they didn't understand what Christianity is. They had to *figure out* things that Christ never talked about. Holy Spirit didn't give that to them.
-
It was *finished* when Jesus SAID it was finished.

United States

#428631 Mar 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
~~~
POSTED LIKE A TRUE INFIDEL...
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I envision you wearing a suicide vest, entering a Catholic Church??
-
-
Why do you envision confrinting with a suicide vest?
-
Because you would like to believe that other faiths would be capable of the same thing Catholics have done!

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp...

United States

#428632 Mar 19, 2013
Chuck wrote:
So you either deny this or you don't understand it...which is it?
Hebrews 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
-
-
Clay wrote:
No Chuck, I honestly don't know what your agenda
Is with this verse.
Are you saying there is no need for a Priesthood?
Are you saying the Apostles didn't need to ordain Bishops and Priest to carry on the tradition of the Eucharist??
That eventually, their writings would be printed so you guys can figure everything out yourselves?
-
-
No, Clay.
Their "writings would be printed" so eventually we could know the TRUTH rather than the LIE.
This is what Christ meant when he said "The gates of hell will not prevail." He meant that the Word of God would ALWAYS be preserved so mankind would KNOW what the TRUTH is.
I can't imagine what the world would be like if the Bible had NOT been preserved.

United States

#428633 Mar 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your babbling does not change facts:
He is still a dead man.....nothing more...nothing else...I could care less what the Catholics thinks he is....
You are wasting your time praying for me...you ain't gonna get me!!!!
I will put my money only on the sure thing...the Sacred Word of God...
-
-
Free Mind wrote:
If as you say - "I will put my money on the sure thing," then why ignore what Jesus implicitly tells you to do with your money?
"Sure thing," but I'll wager you're not putting your comfortable lifestyle on it.
I don't blame you. I wouldn't do what Jesus instructs us to do in the Bible either.
I suggest the Jefferson Bible. The values of a great man, minus the mysticism, often used to hide the values maybe.
-
-
Jefferson Bible? The one where he removed a huge chunk of the written word?
-
Do you think he was a good *editor*? or do you think he was rather arrogant for believing he had the right re-write what had already been published?
-
Jefferson was a slave owner and in fact, fathered children with his slave girl named Sally Hemings. I would think that would really mess with a president's head KNOWING your own children are born into slavery!? Jefferson wrote lofty documents speaking about freedom, and yet he owned SLAVES!

Owning slaves is not Christian! And, his documents on FREEDOM denied WOMEN the right to vote. Jefferson wasn't about freedom. He was about WHITE MALE SUPERIORITY and separating themselves from British rule, even while he denied women and Africans and Native Americans the rights he believed White Male Property owners deserved! AFTER having stolen that property from the Native Americans. Such hypocrisy.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#428634 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
-
I don't think he created us to watch us suffer. I do believe there is a reason he has allowed this to go on for so long. I think the faith part is in our allowing ourselves to trust him.
guest, if you don't mind giving me your opinion, why DID God make us?

United States

#428635 Mar 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>everything the catholic church teaches can be found in the Bible they established. You know it can because we showed you.
You simply reject it. So what? You have no authority to accept or reject anything. Get in with the thousands of other self proclaimed ministers.
-
The Catholics did NOT "establish" The Bible.
-
The Holy Spirit did. In its writing and preservation.

United States

#428636 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
Sherlayne wrote:
guest, if you don't mind giving me your opinion, why DID God make us?
-
-
For "sure" we know that he WANTED to.
-
He created a universe filled with stars of all sizes and planets and big huge empty spaces between them.
-
He created Angels, and heavenly beings, why would he need to create animals and humans? I don't know. Why does anyone create anything? A beautiful piece of music, or art. I guess we are God's art. I don't know. I'll have to give some thought to that.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428637 Mar 19, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8 - hugs, dear friend.
thank you sherlayne,hugs back in hopes everything is well with you? don't see you hear enough.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428638 Mar 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
RCC origin...continuated..
For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine “legalized” Christianity with the Edict of Milan in A.D. 313. Later, in A.D. 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.
been saying this all along,it's obvious,what he did and i can't understand why people can't see it? or is it that they are just plain ignoring it because of the fear the church put into people for 2000 yrs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min another viewer 987,438
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Aura Mytha 31,641
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 3 hr Johnny 32
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,495
bathing nephew (Apr '16) 5 hr tom 5
More from around the web