Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,641)

Showing posts 412,801 - 412,820 of512,135
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
we need to go back and find my post, I forgot where it is. It lists scripture describing Jesus relationship with God the Father before he was transferred to earth to live as a human.
again with everything i have read,adam was the first being of gods likeness to be created,if Jesus was there with god in heaven at the same time,then how can there be a one god theory? and nowhere is it written that would be a true statement.

“No Troll Feeding”

Since: Apr 08

Abortion;OneDeadOneWounded

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

ORIGIN OF CHRIST'S CHURCH

The Bible teaches that the true Church began with Christ over 2000 years ago, not with men or women 15 to 19 centuries later. It was founded when Our Lord spoke the following and other similar words:

Matt. 28, 18-20: And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go , therefore. and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and , I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

COMMENT: History proves that the First Protestant Church was the Lutheran, founded in 1517 by the ex-priest Martin Luther; all other of the some 42,800 sects have been created since then.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
890 745 473 416
<quoted text>
See???? Did I not tell you????
you didn't tell me anything,if you stop and think about the stories in the bible that is what it boils down too.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
COMMENT: History proves that the First Protestant Church was the Lutheran, founded in 1517 by the ex-priest Martin Luther; all other of the some 42,800 sects have been created since then.

Meaningless. I can start a church tomorrow and presto a new denomination!

Our relationship with God is between You and Jesus alone.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
again with everything i have read,adam was the first being of gods likeness to be created,if Jesus was there with god in heaven at the same time,then how can there be a one god theory? and nowhere is it written that would be a true statement.
jethro, there is a trinity or Godhead we are told.

John 1:1-3,10,11 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made...He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came to his own, and his own received him not.

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Heb 1:1,2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Rv.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.

-

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.

14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:

16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you.

16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

17:5 And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.

20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive you the Holy Ghost:

also, 1 Jn 5:7

"Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if you can tell?" (Proverbs 30:4)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
ORIGIN OF CHRIST'S CHURCH
The Bible teaches that the true Church began with Christ over 2000 years ago, not with men or women 15 to 19 centuries later. It was founded when Our Lord spoke the following and other similar words:
Matt. 28, 18-20: And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go , therefore. and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and , I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

~~~

There were others before Martin Luther, but

The Roman Catholic church torched the at stake put them on racks and pulled their bodies apart and put them to death in the most heinous ways. For over a period of 650 years...while burning all the Bibles they could confiscate...

They tried to do away with Luther but God was with Him and kept them from doing so...

Very few dictators in earth's history, destroyed more innocent people than the Roman Catholic Church..and THEY of all things did it in the name of God...

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro8: Why don't you send or email these comments of yours to the "editorial section" of your local newspaper, because "the back pages" of the "opinion section" is the ONLY PLACE that your "personal views" would even by given any (corner) "copy space"!
I/we as Catholics will "continue" to stick with the VALID, VERIFIED and PROVEN TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the Bible! YOU my friend can do, believe and "editorialized" (everything and anything) you want! Because it is ALL PERSONAL (bogus) OPINION!!!
we as Catholics will "continue" to stick with the VALID, VERIFIED and PROVEN TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the Bible!...JETHRO:again the same old statement,yet no actual valid,verified,proven truth,from any scripture or bible,the only one that believes your so called truth is the man made roman pagan/christian church, no one else does,because nothing of their traditions can be authenticated as being holy,divine or what ever you want to call it,the only pogus opinions here come from you and the church.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
To disagree with me is one thing and say derogatory things about me.
is of no consequence...I refuse to be offended...
but
to Blaspheme the Holy Ghost is very dangerous ....
It can consign a person to hell.
Jesus said...
Mar_3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar_3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
You'd like to believe I blasphemed the Holy Ghost so you could celebrate watching me sink into hell...you're more concerned with being 'right' then anything else.
You just manipulated Mark 3:29 to use as a weapon to falsely accuse me of something I did not do. I did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit and you know it. You however did, when you claimed the Holy Spirit is allowing you to speak in tongues and play with snakes and interpret Sacred Scripture. That's Blasphemy!

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
No those verses do not say what you claim they say. It is called Gnosticism. Simon Magus founded your Roman Church, not Peter. Peter never went to Rome, that was Paul.
Simon Magus, the magician [LOL] too funny!!! Are you sure a magician didn’t start your church???!!!

“The New Testament contains five different metaphors for the foundation of the Church (Matt. 16:18, 1 Cor. 3:11, Eph. 2:20, 1 Pet. 2:5–6, Rev. 21:14). One metaphor that has been disputed is Jesus Christ’s calling the apostle Peter "rock": "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).

Some have tried to argue that Jesus did not mean that his Church would be built on Peter but on something else.

Some argue that in this passage there is a minor difference between the Greek term for Peter (Petros) and the term for rock (petra), yet they ignore the obvious explanation: petra, a feminine noun, has simply been modifed to have a masculine ending, since one would not refer to a man (Peter) as feminine. The change in the gender is purely for stylistic reasons. These critics also neglect the fact that Jesus spoke Aramaic, and, as John 1:42 tells us, in everyday life he actually referred to Peter as Kepha or Cephas (depending on how it is transliterated). It is that term which is then translated into Greek as petros. Thus, what Jesus actually said to Peter in Aramaic was: "You are Kepha and on this very kepha I will build my Church."
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/origins-of-pet...

Saint Peter arrived in Rome for the first time in about AD 44. This coincides with the martyrdom of St James the Greater and St Peter's arrest in Jerusalem and subsequent departure:
“But he, beckoning to them with his hand to hold their peace, told how the Lord had brought him out of prison. And he said: Tell these things to James and to the brethren. And going out, he went into another place.”(Acts 12:17,)
Here, Peter departure to "another place," is his departure from Jerusalem to Rome. After the imprisonment and attempted murder of Peter, the Apostle's location throughout the New Testament is kept secret and hidden.Saint Peter established the Church in Rome from AD 43 till AD 49 when he and all Jews were expelled from Rome by the decree of Claudius in AD 49. Why were they expelled?

According to Roman historians the Jews were expelled from the city of Rome in AD 49 because the Roman Jews were fighting over a Jew named "Chrestus." [Christ]

Hmmm...Jews in Rome fighting over "Chrestus"...there must have been a mighty preacher (Pope) of "Chrestus" or "Christ" in Rome in the AD 40s to lead to all that infighting within the synagogues! This has Peter's fingerprints all over it.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Tomorrow is Saint Patricks Day.
A couple facts for the fundies:
- Saint Patrick brought Christianity to Ireland WITHOUT a Bible.
- Saint Patrick showed the Irish the Shamrock, to help them understand the Trinity...The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. They could not read or write even if he had a Bible to give them. The three leaf shamrock was something they could grasp to 'get' who Jesus is. Yes, a graven image was used if a real shamrock wasn't available.(you think God was jealous of it??)
- Saint Patrick brought the Holy Mass to the Irish and the Eucharist converted them to Jesus Christ with the visual image of the shamrock helping em understand with they were partaking in.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro, there is a trinity or Godhead we are told.
John 1:1-3,10,11 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made...He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came to his own, and his own received him not.
1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Heb 1:1,2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Rv.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.
-
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.
14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.
15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:
16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you.
16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
17:5 And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.
20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive you the Holy Ghost:
also, 1 Jn 5:7
"Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if you can tell?" (Proverbs 30:4)
trinity:the father/the son/the holy ghost.not all at once but one at a time,so god and Jesus could not have been in heaven together,there is nothing written to support the theory.

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Must run.
Have a blessed 5th Sunday of Lent!

God bless our new Pope Francis.
<><

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There were others before Martin Luther, but
The Roman Catholic church torched the at stake put them on racks and pulled their bodies apart and put them to death in the most heinous ways. For over a period of 650 years...while burning all the Bibles they could confiscate...
They tried to do away with Luther but God was with Him and kept them from doing so...
Very few dictators in earth's history, destroyed more innocent people than the Roman Catholic Church..and THEY of all things did it in the name of God...
You wrote "There were others before Martin Luther,"

Oh really?!!!! Name them.

You don't even know who founded your church!

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Tomorrow is Saint Patricks Day.
A couple facts for the fundies:
- Saint Patrick brought Christianity to Ireland WITHOUT a Bible.
- Saint Patrick showed the Irish the Shamrock, to help them understand the Trinity...The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. They could not read or write even if he had a Bible to give them. The three leaf shamrock was something they could grasp to 'get' who Jesus is. Yes, a graven image was used if a real shamrock wasn't available.(you think God was jealous of it??)
- Saint Patrick brought the Holy Mass to the Irish and the Eucharist converted them to Jesus Christ with the visual image of the shamrock helping em understand with they were partaking in.
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Clay!

St. Pat pray for us.
<><
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
This was said of just Peter but the entire churchof believers. And no we do not have any authority to change God's law. There are warnings for changing any part of the Bible in Rev 22.
<quoted text>
There are no Biblical popes. However with this White character I was caught up in that for a while (10 years) so can comment, briefly. Catholics too have many mystics they claim get revelation from God. We are told in the Bible our sons and daughter will dream dreams and have visions. So, each claim has to be looked at seriously. If it agrees with the Bible then there may be something usefull. However today im of the opinion these dreams and visions are for the individual's own personal use as led by the Holy spirit, and not to lead others since there is no way to verify anything new.
Ellen White did not invent the Sabbath. There are over 500 denominations who keep the correct 7th day Sabbath. She is wrong about some things (not as much as the Catholic) but not wrong about the Sabbath.
Ellen white was successful in deceiving people into believing 'vicar of Christ'(in Greek or something) was alphabetically 666. Well, people ate it up because they were morons. She added a conspiracy ideology to the Book of Revelation. The visions John saw from God, are not what Ellen said they are. John forewarned her what would happen if she added to his prophecies. She arrogant ignored him. She is likely in hell as we speak.
That's not a nice thought Socci.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>It will lead you to the same conclusion:
The saved (good seed) and the lost (corrupt seed).
LOL
I must disagree on that one..

It would help you to understand Scripture if you had the correct definitions of key words in said Scripture...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let' put it this way! I "couldn't care less" as to what you bible only "fundie" (half-truth, half-heresy) Christians believe.... We,as Catholics (know--"without a doubt") that the TRUE FAITH and TRUE Salvation, is, has, and will ALWAYS be "grounded in Jesus Christ, which is "in and through" His biblically and historically PROVEN One True Catholic Church..... I listened to this anti-catholic distorted and perverted Protestant "bible only" propaganda for over 35 years until God, our Father, thru His Son Jesus--led me out of this "contradicting, condemning and judgmental sola scriptura religious doctrine of "self interpretation or better yet MIS-INTERPRETATION of the bible.... Bible only Protestantism, HAS NOT, nor WILL EVER----be able to- stand on its own beliefs, WITHOUT attacking the TRUTH of Jesus Christs" One True Apostolic Catholic Church....You can continue to spread all of the"exaggerated, distorted and (made up) lies that what which (continually) come "sprewing out of your mouths". The Historical and biblically facts have remained for over 2000 years and "there is ONLY one TRUTH"---"NOT 42,000 conflicting and inconsistent bible only "relative truths". And that TRUTH will always "remain" in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church
You don't believe your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible:

this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
USA Catholics NEED to be dazed and confused!
Wake up or get out.
I think Pope Francis will be the best thing to happen to the Catholic Church in a long time. Him being Pope is no coincidence. Just like Saint Francis of Assisi heard a voice from Jesus, saying "repair my Church"...Pope Francis 'gets it'.
Everytime the Church gets wobbly, Christ sends a Saint. Sometimes its not a Pope- as in the case of Francis of Assisi - the Pope was the one Francis was called to wake up. I look forward to seeing Bishops and Cardinals taking the city bus to work with the other poor.
(I don't think it'll get that extreme but you never know)
If indeed he heard to voice of Jesus, he was sold some bad left-handed cigarettes from Mexico!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking bread was an actual meal the believers had on this Saturday evening. The Biblical day begins at sunset. That night Paul preached his farewell sermon, "ready to depart the next day (Sunday)." At "daybreak" (verse 11). They were to go on a long journey. Something they would never do on the Sabbath.
We can give a sermon on any day. But it is the 7th day that remains the Sabbath. The 7th day Sabbath continued to be observed by the Christians.
Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles sought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath... And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
Hebrews 4:4-8 For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest ... For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest to the people of God.
and many others too numerous to post: Sabbath Zone
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
You see if God's law had changed it would say; Jesus would have said upon his resurrection. Instead Jesus told the believers to take heed on the Sabbath.
We are told what was "nailed to the cross" or changed in Col 2:14-17 -- the sacrificial system & yearly sabbaths. Jesus is the high priest (Heb 4:14) there is no earthly priesthood, and God's law remains forever - all ten.
"The Biblical day"?????!!!! Make you a bet....you are a serious student of Hollywood 101 The Robe...Ten Commandments...Ben Hur...

Aren't you the one that argued that Moses built the ark????!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
They even passed laws to enforce all Christians to observe Sunday.
"Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday, but shall work on that day; but the Lord's day they shall especially honour, and as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out anathema from Christ." Council of Laodicea, c. A.D. 364
There was also an earlier decree or law at the time of Constantine. The quote is online.
Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the Lord's Day. The resurrection is commemmorated in baptism.
"Buried with him in baptism, wherein also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12
"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.... knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:4-6
Pure paganisum!!!! Quote: They even passed laws to enforce all Christians to observe Sunday."Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday, but shall work on that day; but the Lord's day they shall especially honour, and as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out anathema from Christ." Council of Laodicea, c. A.D. 364

Pure Christianity!!! Quote: Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 412,801 - 412,820 of512,135
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

677 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I'm want to have sex with my mom (Jun '11) 3 min Glam 133
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min gort 680,155
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 216,954
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Aura Mytha 250,382
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min lovewithin 38,014
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 17 min Harrison Freebird 52,510
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 20 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 24,625
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min Dusty Mangina 89,569
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr alisha24 249
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••